Other urls found in this thread:

mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5/credits
youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8
reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/8u8wna/smtiiichronicles_edition_translation_v112/
youtu.be/DyHq_-AEt5s
youtu.be/LeMWjeqLm2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Source?

You're literally a year late user. That interview where they said it finally started full scale development was from 2018.

Development had started shortly before the Jan 2017 trailer, and "full-scale" development was underway by Feb 2018.

I hope it's open world.

Welcome to Atlus, seriously, this is normal for them.

What does that even mean?

>Nippon in early 2020
>West in 2021

I hope you die

Well yeah, all their efforts were being pooled towards PQ2 and P5R. You know, towards their mainline products.

If it's early 2020 then it'll be late 2020. Best case scenario is whatever the fuck happened with SMT4 happens with SMT5, I'm still amazed it came out two months after the JP release.

That was a year ago dumbass.
I hope not, open world would be a terrible design choice for a turn based RPG. If anything I just want a good mix of:
>Nocturne style combat
>Strange Journey style dungeon crawling
>better new demon designs then the shit that was in IV
>re-record back some of the better notable tracks from SMT I, II and if...
>make the map not a piece of shit like in IV
>make the story not some dumb chuunishit like Apocalypse was
>give the demons unique quality animations (like they kinda had in Nocturne but better) and not just cheap shit like in Persona 5
If they do that I'll buy the game day 1.

Sooner than FF7 remake, though.

>>Nocturne style combat
Does anyone else actually not want this? Press Turns honestly gotten stale, I want them to do something new for a game or two.

It just means that team members had been gradually added to V as other Atlus projects had finished development, with the team reaching its designated maximum size in Feb 2018.

>I hope Atlus actually creates new things instead of reusing everything they can from previous Atlus games
user, did you not notice how the first trailer for the game was literally just reused P5 assets for the demons, aside from Odin?

>Here have this [insert random Persona remake or spin-off] in the mean time!

I just want IVA's combat copy and pasted into a game with a serviceable story/plot/world.

Full scale development usually starts when the game is at least 50% done

If they put it on the Switch's first show I imagine it'll be timely.

The real question is, is it still gonna be on Switch?
I feel pretty scammed already since I bought my NS expecting to play this game in 2019.

You might be joking but they've already announced that they are going to focus on P5 in the upcoming Sega Fes

Thankfully this "game" is just turn based combat with JPGS as characters so it shouldn't take that long

>The real question is, is it still gonna be on Switch?
What? OPs image has the Switch logo even, jesus christ

Of course it'll be on the Switch, the question is whether it'll be a proper console SMT for the first time in 16 years or whether it'll be an upscaled 3DS game like half the Switch's library.

Imagine FFVersusXIII fags who bought a PS3 in like 2008 to play their game and ended up with an abomination on the PS4

He implied that it might take so long they're gonna release it on the next generation.

Besides Nocturne, all main numbered SMTs have been on Nintendo systems. I'm 100% certain this will be on the Switch.

yeah, haha. imagine.

Oh, that's silly

>Nocturne style combat
I've yet to play it myself but I was under the impression that Apocalypse what the peak of the series combat-wise.

Not like these games take long to make

>Does anyone else actually not want this? Press Turns honestly gotten stale, I want them to do something new for a game or two.
Press Turn was never a good system. You're already being rewarded for targeting the enemy's weakness by making them take more damage, and (I think?) having a greater chance of landing the relevant status ailment (i.e. freezing an enemy that's weak to ice). The only thing the Press Turn system does is artificially elevate one strategy above all others, by rewarding you even further with free turns/free attacks, making all other strategies inferior by default. It's a complete no-brainer to exploit it, with no downsides or risks, so why wouldn't you? The result is that it ends up greatly reducing combat depth. I don't know what it says about the people at Atlus that they thought anyone needed such strong incentive to do something as straightforward as 'hit the weak spot of the bad guys'.

Attached: 19812821.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>why Yea Forums should never make video games

IVA and Nocturne have style combat system. I imagine he just means press turn when he says that.

Honestly, they can stall fucking development on this for 5 years. I don't give a fuck.

JUST GET KANEKO BACK.
You can release the game once I'm dead for all I care, just make sure it's a Kaneko game.

I'll fucking fuse myself as a lesser demon to play that game, without Kaneko, eh. I like SMT, I fucking love SMT but I don't know if I'd come back from the dead or sell my soul to play it.

You didn't buy a PS3 for Versus XIII, did ya user?

Depends on who you ask, some people don't like smirks or phys attacks costing SP instead of HP.

I don't mind press turn but I'd prefer it to be a toggle. I want to see a return of the 3/3 front back system though.

I mean it wasn't just for that game, but that was a big part of it, yeah. Never even played FFXV either, it just wasn't the game I was originally looking forward to.

Yes, and it was a teaser video for a game that hadn't gone into full development yet. If they keep the stock demon models and animations I'll be fucking pissed because they'll have years to do this shit if they actually want SMT V to sell and become a relevant JRPG series in the West.

I think demon Co-op could work, either that or borrow DeSu's extra turn system

Attached: The weak should fear the strong.jpg (500x359, 35K)

On the other hand it also punishes the fuck out of players who don't build their team properly, which is more depth than I can say for 90% of the other JRPGs on the market.

I wouldn't mind something more like Soul Hackers but I'm not expecting it
Apocalypse, DDS and Nocturne had more interesting interactions with it and I think they can still expand on it
They could also be retarded and simplyify everything like they did with IV but who knows

>You didn't buy a PS3 for Versus XIII, did ya user?
No, but I did for Disgaea 3. Imagine how seething I was to have a console that had a few decent JRPG's
I am actually seething over the PS4 though

>If they keep the stock demon models and animations I'll be fucking pissed
Was P5 literally your first Atlus game or something? Go play all the PS2 games and see how much they reused assets across all of those. Atlus is not a major developer.

I'm honestly okay with smirk as long as it gets balanced and isn't just a thing that happens when you hit a weakness.
Physical attacks costing SP is fucking stupid and I hope they get rid of that along with the changes made to mudo/hama that deal HP damage instead of sticking to being 1-hit kill attacks, if they want new types just add nuke and psi.

it's not going going to be a switch exclusive.
they'd be retarded to not release give it a proper console release. of course with how far off from it we are it'll probably be on the ps5.

>thought id be playing smt 5 in 2019
>its already march and we havent even seen a single piece of footage
>only good switch game coming out this whole year is fire emblem
ive still got to play tropical freeze, octopath, splatoon dlc, and finish bayonetta, but damn, switch drought is just like wii u drought.

Attached: fireworks factory.jpg (640x480, 48K)

All of those games came out at roughly the same time. Also that was 10 years ago, Segabux will hopefully let them do more shit with how well P5 sold.

>Go play all the PS2 games and see how much they reused assets across all of those. Atlus is not a major develope
>tfw 'mirin those solid 1990's assets reused in SMT IV
Atlus do not give a single fuck, if it works, it works.

>fire emblem
>octopath
yikes

>SJ style dungeon crawling
Nah fuck that shit. Grid based just totally wrecks the experience for me.

>>only good switch game coming out this whole year is fire emblem
>tfw don't have standards this low
feels fucking amazing

Attached: 1530137006214.jpg (281x281, 35K)

I wouldn't mind desu3 tbqh

I dunno, Astral Chain looks pretty good

Attached: astral chain01.jpg_large.jpg (1495x1135, 211K)

>>only good switch game coming out this whole year is fire emblem
Nigger what? Astral Chain looks way better.

>Grid based just totally wrecks the experience for me.
Good, we don't need casia; ficls like you. Fuck off back to your mother's vapid pussy, cunt.

>Atlus is not a major developer.

The credits for Persona 5 are longer than those of most triple-A RPGs.

mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5/credits

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

Jesus, I still remember it like yesterday when the 2011 trailer dropped.
>Wake up a couple hours before school
>Check gaming news on scrawlfz
>See a new trailer has been released
>Watch it, get hyped as fuck and think about it for the whole day
>It was never released
youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8

Well heres the thing, in SMT you never have a solid team of demons that can carry you the whole game, you need to be evolving and changing party members constantly, while trying to keep them balanced and hoping to get press turns effectively every time, its only with bosses were this could be a problem, and even then there is never a sure way to play with your demons unless you are sure whatever strat you are using will be able to kill the enemy very fast(this was kind of a problem with IV since by erasing a DEF stat, meant that a good phys or mag team could end boss battles extremely quick if they had a good enough strat)

>when the RGB lighting on your keyboard is disabled

>this year
Astral Chain is definitely 2020 at earliest.

t. fefags

Go back to masturbating over Super Famicom roms

Attached: 1543766269352.png (474x372, 369K)

It wont be on PC so who cares, I'm not fucking buying a Switch just for SMT.

In the total dev time there's always A LOT of planning going in before you even start "full scale development" what that really means is that they'll have the scenario, systems, characters and pretty much everything else done and decided before they start building everything. You don't just wing this shit when you're an established company. It'll probably be out in 2020

Attached: Yo Spunky Dog.jpg (457x437, 28K)

Dduhbcxww

Yes, they would be considering that they're re-using assets from 20+ years ago.

Kys yourself 4bab

>I'm not fucking buying a Switch just for SMT.
Nigger what's wrong with you. You buy a switch for just SMT and Golf Story.
don't worry, emulation soon. Just buy the game physically like I do.

yea, astral chain LOOKS cool. we've barely seen anything about it, though.
>zoomerposting

>Release date: Aug 30, 2019

It looks almost fucking done, and the trailer straight up said the release date was in August

Attached: astral.png (953x531, 1.2M)

Are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be retarded?

Why would a zoomer hate Fire Emblem? They're the ones who heat the nu-FE shit up.

Look at Persona 5, that got delayed what 2 or 3 times and its still an unpolished mess

fuck off. they're not as enjoyable and comfy to play.
really? grid based on a fucking console game of this scale? are you retarded?

>what are delays
>what is Platinum Games

>Aug 30, 2019
>delaying a game 5 months away
user

Modern open world for SMT would be incredibly retarded, but if we're talking about smartly designed world of hubs that join each other and have areas which open up as gameplay/plot progresses, ala a simpler metroidvania - hell yeah.

Imagine actually getting something like Nocturne's or Digital Devil Saga's world except there's more emphasis on exploration rather than just switching between dungeons.

ebin
*gives you plebbit gold*

To Atlus, Persona is more important to get right than SMT

>and they didn't even get it right
Fuck SMTV has no chance

pfft. zoomers look at any game that isnt 3d and call it shit. and they just laugh at the idea of turn based anything.
>lol turn based is so ancient
>real life isnt turn based so having a game be turn based is just stupid like so obvious
as if any fortnite moba faggot would play a game like fe:conquest

>More astral chain fanart.
Impossible.

Attached: IMG_20190309_223325.jpg (1635x1118, 350K)

Retard

>People unironically want an open world SMT game
Why? What's wrong with just having it be a polished up Nocturne or something?

Attached: 1524876785287.png (292x360, 157K)

P5 is the objectively best Persona game, stay angry

It was fine for me when I played SMT I.

Are you retarded or just reeling from the last piece of cum you sucked out of a guys asshole!?
Stop trying to casualise things because you find out about Persona a few years ago or once read a nocturne thread.

>P3 is the objectively best Persona game
FTFY

but zoomers are the same fags who eat up shipping shit and non-gameplay like FE and Persona provide.

They're the natural enemies of mainline bros.

Let me tell you, it wasn't easy to find the little I have

Attached: astral chain2.jpg (1200x1186, 137K)

Were you expecting anything else from Fatlus?

Attached: 1551475013948.jpg (600x338, 41K)

I love P3 and P4, but P5 is just functionally better and only gets hate because old thing good new thing bad.

That a pretty bold statement, user. Clearly you can back that up right?

Cursed image.

No it gets hate for falling apart after the 2-3rd dungeons and being a massive drag with little payoff

I've played all of them and while I myself prefer P3 and P4 for nostalgic reasons I recognize P5 as an objectively better game that I would have prefered had I played them all at the same time in my life.

>Shitting on Persona for literally no reason
Oh right, I forgot fucks like you tend to conjugate in threads like these

Attached: 1545091367232.jpg (596x604, 194K)

>falling apart after the 2-3rd dungeons
Never happened

Let me guess: twitter?

>Plot only happens at last months
>Slinks are literally 2 lines of dialogue then rank up
>Combat is fucked
?
>No it gets hate for falling apart after the 2-3rd dungeons
Funny meme

Same could be said for P4. Maybe even for P3 if the game didn't only have one (1) dungeon.

It's literally persona players who complain about SMT not being accessible enough for them despite being shorter games.
They're in it for the story, the shipping and ez gameplay.

Nothing to do with what they like, just a fact that they prefer games like FE & Persona over traditional SMT dungeon crawling.

>Plot only happens at last months
You mean actual story pay off instead of the mess that P5 has

>they make us suffer like the characters
Atlus does it again!

>being a massive drag with little payoff
Compared to 3 and 4 it was the same shit

>Compared to 3 and 4 it was the same shit
No, 5s story never recovers, 4 at least had Adachi to carry it to the end, 5 doesn't even have that.

>You save the world from the big bad but die
>You save the wold from the big bad and goes to jail but you get off
Same payoff but you live

Tertiaries who started with 5 and only have the mental capacity to understand short, episodic story entries get no say.

At least it will be SMT and not whatever the fuck FExSMT was.

Adachi is a meme, all he said was counterpointed by the IT, he even gets mad
Yeah lets forget full moon shadows of P3

>I feel pretty scammed already
Well you can't since they didn't announce a year for release, its not like BOTW original 2015 release, you only have yourself to blame

But #FE was a good game you retard. And shit was very little to do with SMT.

>he says this when 3 and 4 were worse than 5 by his own definitions

#FE would have been received better if they didn't call it SMTxFE

>You save the world from the big bad
You are a simpleton

Is not since Sae is not romanceable

But what if i like the gameplay?

not him but i thought p5 dragged on at the end, much more so than 3 and 4. i loved p5, but even without grinding much at all, my playthrough clocked in at 91 hours. thats ridiculous. at the beginning of the final dungeon, i thought i was about to fight the boss. then i realized i had to play through ANOTHER dungeon and i just wanted the game to be over and see the ending.
p5 definitely feels bloated. it has best girls though.

Attached: 1515490138045.png (640x595, 349K)

Fact: SMT#FE > Persona 5

The final dungeon literally got 3 4 floors (and the angel minibosses were easy as fuck)

Sure, if you only look at its combat. I'll put aside the idol bullshit because some people apparently love it. The story's nothing special and the characters are probably the worst sort of "characters" in FE or SMT. They only exist to stroke Ituski who, despite the story saying he's nothing special and has no particular talent for the industry, quickly and easily relates to the character's fantastical problems, guiding them trough their ridiculous troubles.

>portbeggars
>doomposters
>personfag infighting
>tms fags
what a thread

Based on the one trailer it looks like Nocturne 2.0 and honestly, I don't know if that's a good thing.

I want more original stuff like SJ but after IV:A maybe Atlus recycling old shit is for better. All I want is the tone and atmosphere of I-SJ with the music of IV and combat of IV:A.

Attached: d12b83fb-4488-4df2-8037-f4d8b5979c64.jpg (1127x1920, 1.78M)

Since we're on the topic of Persona, what do you guys think about the calendar system? I thought it was serviceable in P3 but it got kind of annoying in P4 when I just wanted the plot to progress. Do you think Atlus should keep it in the games? I think that Atlus should just remove social links/confidants from the games and put them into a separate visual novel game that they can sell for full price.

Attached: 1517355613226.jpg (503x333, 87K)

>expecting to have a good thread on Yea Forums in 2019
c'mon bro, you know where you should have discussed this.

>I think that Atlus should just turn Persona into something completely unlike Persona because I can't comprehend a product made for tastes other than mine

Has no place in mainline, ask purseowner general or something, cunt.

Did the saefag of last thread made a pastebin for his Greentext?

Hate it, probably one of the main reasons I could never get into modern persona games.

What makes Persona persona are the slinks and calendar today

>persona 5
>unpolished mess
Stay seething you'll never get it nintendofag

It's not unpolished but it is a mess. Everything with Shido, Goro, and Yaldabaoth in the finale is rushed as fuck. For how long they delayed it it still feels sloppy in areas.

*ahem*
Whos waiting for the inevitable Etrian Odyssey Switch?

I'm not too bummed, only just got into SMT and got plenty of games to play.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.11 - 01.37.08.41.png (2560x1440, 2.84M)

It was only decent in 3 because the story and lore made it relevant. 4 and 5 has no purpose in keeping it and still sticking to spacing out bosses so far apart. It leads to situations like Futaba sleeping for an entire fucking month. Don't fucking tie story events to certain dates and have them be more dynamic.

>Everything with Shido, Goro, and Yaldabaoth in the finale is rushed as fuck.
Onyl rushed thing about it was Goro, Shido had foreshadows the whole game and Yaldy was the twist

>rushed
No

#FE might have ton of flaws, but the game got way more fancy stuff than P5 mate.

I fucking hate calendar systems since it is essentially a timer, leaving you no chance of fucking around

Attached: 1533694024723.gif (436x359, 3.14M)

This, badly written is more appropiate.

Say 1 fully good written Persona

>Xenoblade 2 will definitely be delayed, it's impossible it will come out on 2017!

>it's a "western audiences use capeshit genre fiction writing to judge a game that was not written for a capeshit genre fiction audience" thread

It got rushed to meet the deadlines tho. Shit got ton of updates to patch missing features.

I couldn't say one fully good written game. If I had to pick a Persona game based solely on writing I guess the P2 duology but even that is messy in sections, I just feel it's heights exceed any of the others. The fact it had two games probably helped though.

>Does anyone else actually not want this?
Me. Nocturne is a slow boring piece of shit.

Fuck the calendar system and fuck social links

It's not that I hate the social links. I said in that post that I enjoyed them in P3. I think they hamper the pacing of the games and character development sometimes. In my opinion, they were handled properly in P3 as they went hand in hand with the story and with how the characters were feeling. They didn't feel as organic to P4's plot and felt more like just side stories that padded out time. I just want to search for the killer, not listen to Yukiko indecisively blab about her dumb family inn just so I can fuse better personas. I haven't played P5, but I've heard that most of the party members' characterization is just shoved into the confidants. It spaces out story beats way too far in favor of dating sim mechanics at the expense of characterization and pacing. I suggested the visual novel idea because it would allow people to experience social links without them jeopardizing the games' storytelling

It's almost like maybe you're judging them by the wrong standards.

P5 is literally the Japanese equivalent of capeshit though.
>group of troubled but still all highly attractive teens gain magical powers and abilities to stop obvious criminals
This is basically a shonen series in game form.

>They didn't feel as organic to P4's plot and felt more like just side stories that padded out time. I just want to search for the killer, not listen to Yukiko indecisively blab about her dumb family inn just so I can fuse better personas.
There is not a single slink of P3 that had something to do with the dark hour

I was browsing the SMT thread last night and it got me wanting to finally try the series. I have Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga coming. Are those good jumping on points?

What, good ones?

I think some games have good writing, I meant more of thatvas a jab at your stupid "fully good" comment. Obviously no story is perfect from beginning to end, though some do it better then others.

>says this when the calendar system and Social Links were only a thing from P3 onward

P2 villains were trash tier though, almost all of them were just bad just for the sake of being bad

No one even knew what Persona was before P3 (and debatable before P4)

They never were meant to tie to the Dark Hour, brainlet. They tied to P3's theme of death and making the most of your life. He's saying P4's SLinks weren't connected to the game's theme at all.

>Personafags going full nuclear over SMT, something that have nothing to do with their series
What do you guys want, you have your waifu, you have you teenage body, you have your "Let's be friends", what do you want from this series?

Attached: life stones.png (720x464, 452K)

Yes. Nocturne is a traditional megaten while DDS is more like a traditional jrpg, think FF, with a megaten flavor. If you want something different go for Nocturne and if you want something not quite as different try DDS.

I highly suggest playing both blind, it makes them much more enjoyable experiences.

Attached: Nocturne II.jpg (823x1200, 197K)

>patch missing features
like?

What?

ALL P4 slinks had the person finding the 'truth' about themselves, and fuck off what was the death theme of the shrine girl ? don't fucking say her parents marriage died

Sure, they're pretty casual and a good entry to some of the series. They're not as all in as some titles at least.

>He's saying P4's SLinks weren't connected to the game's theme at all.
And he would be wrong, which indicates he failed to comprehend the game's theme.

I recognize this copypasta you piece of shit.

That's irrelevant. Social Links are not a Persona mainstay. They could just as easily devise a new system for Persona 6 7 and 8, just like how 3 4 and 5 deviated from IS/EP which deviated from 1.

Nyarlathotep is the best core villain in the series I feel, the minor antagonists are weak though. In general Persona's minor antagonists suck, even P3fags say Strega is shit for example.

Attached: 20530338_p0.jpg (1130x706, 97K)

Nintendo put up money to get it in the US fast and then did an EShop deal with SMTIV+FE:Awakening for savings.

>QoL patches
>Missing features
What did he mean by this?

Alternate costumes for one

>Nyarlathotep is the best core villain in the series I feel,
Literally the worst, 'he is bad cause he represents humanity bad side'

Just started emulating SMT IV, are any of the DLC worth tracking down or is vanilla good?
It's actually my first SMT, was planning on starting with Nocturne but that fucking main menu theme in 4, God damn

You're the kind of fucking retard that thinks the Death arcana literally means physical death.

I didn't say they have to directly be about the plot. I was saying that the social links in P3 felt more emotionally powerful to how the characters instead of just being little side stories separate from the game's main story. You can't start Mitsuru's social link until after her father gets killed and you learn more about her burden as an heiress and the duty tied with it. The party member links in P4 could probably be taken out of the game since they don't really add much to the characters.

I asked for missing content

>1 has it
>X has it
>2 doesn't have it, only gets added as a patch after launch

NG+, map tweaks. difficult settings and ton of bug fixes.

>NG+, map tweaks. difficult settings and ton of bug fixes.
So no missing content

That seems like the most appropriate villain for a series called "Persona" that takes its mechanics from Jungian theories.

>NG+ isn't missing content.

Attached: 1535539330868.png (207x209, 34K)

That user said it had to do with 'death and making the most of your life' he never said the death arcana
>P3 felt more emotionally powerful to how the characters instead of just being little side stories separate from the game's main story. You can't start Mitsuru's social link until after her father gets killed and you learn more about her burden as an heiress and the duty tied with it.
That don't even makes sense, you learn everything about you party members in their slinks in P4, even more than the P3 ones

Theres actually dlc tied to the story, fuck Atlus for that
>Clipped Wings
>Ancient of the One sun
>The Eternal Youth
>For the Past,For the future

It isn't

Fuck, how does DLC actually work in Citra

Poor bastard

There’s no way in hell V is getting new or reworked models. You’ll get the same ones from P5 and you’ll enjoy them.

>I highly suggest playing both blind

So you can dick around for hours until you find out Uzume is practically required for the Matador fight?

Was this bait? FE Three Chorizos is looking worse than even Fates.

Just install the .cia file

After watching the Masakado fight on YouTube I had zero desire to do any of the DLC if they were gonna be anything like that.

What's the best game to enter the SMT series? I've played Persona 4 and 5 if it helps

>implying they won't reuse the gacha models which are better than the ones in p5

You cannot defend #FE even ironically, man.

SMT V is being made from Unreal Engine 4. Can the Switch handle that?

What a bunch of moneygrubbers, and even IVA didn't lessen that DLC crap.
Surprised P5 didn't do the same. Never played EO so I dunno how 5 and X do DLC

I would recommend either SMT IV or DDs

Attached: PRKpcPh.png (1600x5717, 3.84M)

I'd suggest playing Devil Survivor 1 and 2 before going into mainline SMT

P5 will get the 'definitive version' for a full price, just like its predecessors

>Switch have UE4 support since launch and even some games use well as Nintendo with Yoshi.
>Guise switch is literally weaker than PS3 cant run that.

Attached: 1537453901618.jpg (643x754, 325K)

>You cannot defend #FE even ironically, man.
Why?

Nocturne, definitely.

Attached: 1522517132101.png (1219x721, 1008K)

Are they really? Haven’t seen them myself but I refuse to believe anything gacha related can be good.

Ah

Seeing as Epic Japan is working on the new Yoshi game with Nintendo, yes.

Dragonball FighterZ is UE4
DaemonxMachina was looking kind of rough even as Switch exclusive. Hopefully Atlus knows their limits a little better.

>Announce game at the same time you start development

Was this Atlus being retarded or Nintendo being desperate?

Because it’s a piece of shit even when judged on it's own merits. And if you even start to think all they could do with the franchises they drew inspiration from, it’s even worse. It was already bad and it got butchered when it came to the west. Not a single thing can be said about it.

Phones are more powerful than PS3's these days user

They aren't, some guy on Twitter dumped some images back when the gacha released while showing that they are lower quality than P5's.

Attached: 1545918740778.png (442x442, 9K)

>Because it’s a piece of shit even when judged on it's own merits
That's a shame you feel that way, maybe someday you will play it and change your mind

>lament because SMT wasn't at E3
>Yea Forums calls me a dumb ass and says it will be at TGS
>still no new news

Nice meme

Untold 2 had a load of DLC like that but the game bombed, 5 and Nexus DLC was relegated to cosmetics and they gave it for free for the first month of release

Attached: hexer smug.jpg (480x480, 26K)

SMT IV. People will recommend Nocturne, which is fine, but its honestly super overrated, its no masterpiece like people make it out to be.

>Switch exclusive

Oh...I see...so this how Atlus goes down like Square Soft did...

I played it. Thankfully I didn’t pay for it.

>I played it
Oof, lying on the internet.

based Nocturnefag

When Nintendo sucks your cock and balls what else can you do?

?????????????

demon Co-op was hot garbage, kill yourself

They want their game to sell

SMT was always Nintendo exclusive barring Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2 and the Raidou's

>Raidou

Did they translate the JP version recently?

Has there been a single thread about SMT in the last 3 years that hasn't broken down into seething about P5?

Not him, but what can you defend about #FE? If you say characters or story, I'm going to punch you in the dick.

Why are you lying?

Attached: typicalPlayStationseries.png (898x614, 1.12M)

meanwhile in reality P1 was the best selling game in the series until P5

Are you aware that most SMT games are on Nintendo platform?

Besides Nocturne engine games and original devil summoner you can literally play most of them on 3ds.

Only on Japan, world wide P3 and 4 sold way more

user...

>I'm going to punch you in the dick.
Not him, but how are you going to punch him in the dick?

the series just needs a game, fuck all of the talking

>cosmetics with limited free downloads
not as shit as IV's DLC choice, interesting, thanks

P5 really needed a "neutral" ending after Shido. The impact of the Yaldy shit is really affected when it's literally the only good ending.

Oh fuck i forgot SMT 1, 2 and IF, but still the personas are ok cause P1 was born on playstation

>I feel pretty scammed already since I bought my NS expecting to play this game in 2019.
weak bait

But P5 is the best selling release in the company’s history.

The normal end is the neutral end, taking the deal can be considered a law end

I'm going to sing a space opera and have you all praise how amazing I am, despite me doing absolutely nothing to warrant it. Itsuki is so fucking awful, holy shit.

>people meme about ...if never ever
>no one bothered to really talk about it as much
>no one even cared for majin tensei II
I hope 5 gets more news eventually, or we see another spinoff that isn't persona or mainline for megaten

I bought a ps3 for ff7 remake yeah I know

Not him, but how does that allow you to punch his dick?

>port
>port
>port
>original game
>spinoff
>spinoff
>spinoff
>spinoff
>spinoff
>spinoff of a spinoff
>spinoff of a spinoff
>spinoff of a spinoff
>spinoff of a spinoff
>spinoff of a spinoff
nice

>took away SMT's popularity
>took away SMT's budget
>took away SMT's slot in Smash

If V turns out to be shit there's going to be bad blood between the fanbase and P5 forever.

If P5 goes to switch, you think this can come to ps4?

That seems a little outdated ain't it?

Yep
Remember the unholy bastard of gaming SSB Melee was made in 13 months
Given these guys are reusing persona assets hard I give it by October we have a game in our hands

I think not

Thanks for the advice, I can order DDS 1 and 2 for pretty cheap it seems.

Is lucifers call nocturne but for EU?

Dropped my 3DS and the touchscreen cracked I've not looked into getting it fixed yet

>announce that you're making a crossover game between 2 popular RPG franchises
>the final product resembles nothing like either of the franchises
>completely alienate the core audience who was going to buy your game
>slap a censorship sticker on it just to kill whatever small amount of potential buyers you had left
>not to mention it was an exclusive to a console nobody bought
>people only talk about it to shit on it

You're not praising me enough yet. We have to advance our notSocialLink and it'll all just work out naturally because I'm so great.

Sweet thanks.
Where would you recommend going from there?

Yes, but its not missing much just the SJ 3ds rerelease i think

Without even opening that image, I can tell you that since the last time I seen it and it's ilk back in 2013/2014. Nothing has changed with the series except for IV: Final and a port.

I don't see what could possibly be so dated there considering both are very poor entry points.

>mainline series cucked by a spinoff
Makes you wonder what would've happened if DeSu or Devil Summoner/Raidou was the cashcow with megaten instead of Persona

Attached: 1552162619463.jpg (390x398, 135K)

>Is lucifers call nocturne but for EU?
Yes, same game with a different subtitle.

this is why game should stop being announced years before release, VS13 is the biggest disappointment of my life next to mass effect 3, I will never buy a product from these people ever again

I mean...

Attached: 1494336584718.jpg (2368x1592, 655K)

>conveniently pretending it isn't P3/4/5fag infighting
Get your own thread hippies

>get angry on the internet
>lie
>get called out
>threaten violence, obfuscate and dance around the issue
Everytime

A while back, actually.
reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/8u8wna/smtiiichronicles_edition_translation_v112/
Some user here mentioned you can combine this with the hardtype patch, though the comments seem to say otherwise.

Fuck you op for baiting me into.thinking there was SMT V news today.

Attached: 500.gif (450x250, 991K)

Yes, the normal nocturne got Dante so its more cool lol

I still say they should’ve ported PQ2 to Switch with regular PQ1 as a bonus
Just some YouTube commercials with this song
youtu.be/DyHq_-AEt5s
And this
youtu.be/LeMWjeqLm2U

And you’d have an extremely happy customer

>back in 2013/2014
>Nothing has changed
Christ...

Attached: 1537220034902.jpg (636x466, 18K)

How the fuck did happen again ?

Yes, but why wouldn’t you just emulate all of that? They all play better emulated anyway

To be perfectly honest and fair with you: The UI for IV and IV: F is clean as fuck. It's literally style over substance.

Here, I removed the ports and non-smt games

Attached: Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nocturne_NA_cover.png (220x309, 108K)

Life is technically on a grid

I wish, Devil Summoner is better and has more charm than Persona and Mainline combined.

>normal nocturne got Dante
No, tbe original release of nocturne was Japan only, it didn't have amy content related to the TDE such as the fiends, amala, or dante.

I mean their bad habit of announcing hames long before their development starts.

Yet bottom is a better game.

>Atlus post Etrian Odyssey IV
>Making good games
>having good management

They were probably too busy making the trash that'll be Persona Que 2

Is this bait?
I’d rather just play Mario Maker 2 astral chain and Animal Crossings than Stoop that low

COPE

>posting the inferior version

Attached: 458806-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1134, 178K)

>IV:A, a official romhack made on a shoestring budget, has better combat then P5
Really makes you think.

hahahahahahahahaha

Wtf, that is funny as fuck

High school shonen has more mainstream appeal than demonic post apocalypse

>Nothing has changed with the series except for IV: Final and a port.
Well shit
Also the thing should be changed to mention if getting translated

Attached: ten years ago.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

>They were probably too busy making the trash that'll be Persona Que 2
Honestly, PQ is their best Persona game since P2 so I can respect it. It may not sell to the same normies who eat up Persona and the dancing shit games but it's at least a decent time waster.

why does everything need to be nocturne to you people

This simple pic never fails to trigger people. It's amazing, honestly.

>a demon literally called angel

This makes no sense.

Great I can get all 3 for a decent price and they'll go well in my collection of PS2 games

Put both Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden on Switch and nobody gets hurt

Cope

>sticker
>CG render dante just posing in the background
If not for the PAL vers being buggy shit, it would be kino

>smt v is the reason i bought a switch
>mfw itll prob be one of the last games to come out for switch towards discontinuation(2021)
Lets be honest we all knew it was gonna happen

Same reason of why FE must be GBA/Tellius.

Retards blinded by nostalgia.

All angels are demons 'technically'

>#FE might have ton of flaws
That game is nothing but flaws. Good thing it sold like shit.

>implying EOIV was good
>implying Untolds, 5 and Nexus didn't blow it the fuck out

Attached: ShiggyDiggy_EXE.png (640x480, 518K)

retard

Atlus are masters on making retarded decisions, it's baffling how pretty much they only stay afloat out of luck.

Nocturne had two, technically three versions made.

>Original
Released in Japan only in 2003, game lacks the TDE and all content related to it.
>Mainiax
Released in Japan and US in 2004 and Europe on 2005. This version adds the TDE with nee content such as Fiends, tbe Amala Labrynth, and Dante.
>Mainiax Chronicles
Released in Japan only in 2008, bundled exclusively with special editions of Raidou 2. Nearly identical to Mainiax however Raidou is the guest character instead of Dante. All the scenes that featured Dante had been rewritten and such.

Attached: 1547099775778.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

>SMTV comes out
>its a Kart Racer

I could see that working

Attached: D3604AC1-BC41-46D2-A037-BB4F8C5B6DCD.jpg (650x540, 95K)

but that's wrong. Nostalgia SMT fags hate Nocturne because of the following:
>Press turn is a casual gameplay element making the game easier for people
>Dungeons are simpler since Nocturne (excludibe SJ)

Nostalgia fags like myself want front & rear combat, grid based dungeons and BIG, complex dungeons.

What people really want as a "nocturne 2" is the style and aesthetic, which is what IV and IV: F lacked due to Kaneko's absence.

in a world where Capcom releases and announces game within half a year of each other and has stopped doing rereleases, we have Atlus on the other side of the spectrum still stuck in 2008

U2, V and X are better than IV.

Attached: v.jpg (640x500, 35K)

>defending untolds
No, user. No.

Attached: ....gif (245x220, 551K)

alignment nigga, do you even smt

I personally just want an new HD DeSu and maybe TMS uncensored if they include an actual hard mode

Demon is just a general term for anything supernatural

Stop you’re embarrassing yourself

Attached: B9CA2FF4-C712-48C1-94BC-A9C306182EC0.jpg (477x372, 33K)

>If you kill all of the other racers you get the chaos path
>If you win the race by only killing the non-lawfags you go the lawpath

>we never will get 3D renditions of SMTI's nuked Tokyo or SMTII's Tokyo Millennium cities
Midpoint between square and capcom then

Attached: 1501058497349.png (1551x1007, 790K)

Why the fuck do you keep pulling this arguement? You're not the only one who's played it. You're not someone special who's come to some incredible enlightenment.

>defending IV
Why be butthurt about story mode when all the gay ass characters constantly interrupting you in IV were the same shit?

Attached: 1432532649042.jpg (497x330, 49K)

You're like a broken record
pathetic tbdesu

You’d better nigger.

>>we never will get 3D renditions of SMTI's nuked Tokyo or SMTII's Tokyo Millennium cities
Unless they remade them SJ style they'd get review bombed from japs for "rereleasing it again" and review bombed from western reviewers complaining about how barebones both games are.
It feels fucking awful but it's something you have to accept.

Open world only really works for rpgs when they're a mmo or mmo-lite so SMT would be a bad combination with it, especially with the combat system

It did sold like shit. Mainly because of two causes: it came out in a shit console nobody owned and it has almost nothing to do with FE or SMT. Also, it’s easy as shit and got censored. It ended up pleasing nobody.

Debisama 1 is unironically a better game than persona 1, yet fundamentally died after SH because Cozy left.

A picture is not argument. #FE is so hard to defend you have to tell people with actual arguments that they didn’t actually play it.

This
I remember all the bitching that persona q was too hard despite being easy as fuck to any EO players

Clearly not as much as in the untolds. Or the recycled mazes in nexus. Good thing 4 outsold every other game in the series, specially U2.

Or just fucking TMS no SMT.
SMT and persona fags are like 2 territorial cats

>Modern open world for SMT would be incredibly retarded
Eh, I think it could work, especially if the setting were something like the first half of SMT1, showing society breaking down as demons spread. That could give a sense of progression even if you could walk around the entire world from the beginning.

Note that most of that DLC doesn't actually match the in-game backstory or what is said about it in Apocalypse. They're just ways to give money to Atlus for story relevant demons that aren't playable in the main game.

Ancient One of the Sun and The Eternal Youth are kind of sequels to some very late stories of the game with original demons though.

Just give a bit off free range went going to places, like you start off somewhere and you can tackle any other areas in any order before you get railroaded into plot barring side areas, quests and backtracking

This you’re 1st day on Yea Forums?

Attached: 472AFB20-2F02-4D92-9F6E-D6A098557F79.jpg (372x200, 26K)

>TMS
>SMT

Huh, I just noticed that.

I guess but I just like those two settings and wish we got more art and stuff showing them off, especially 2's world. Feels like SNES limited how neat that metropolis would look like, but I guess that's where your imagination has to fill the gaps in.

The PS4 is in it's last legs and SOnY is making Japanese devs censor themselves. The PS4 is dead, almost everything is also on Switch with no censors.

If you never played an SMT game
Start with either Nocturne or get a 3DS and play SMT IV
These games are the best entry point and remember you’re 1st SMT is the hardest one

>muh sales
>in atlus thread
hahahaha
You know what else outsold the rest of the series? PQ
Sales are not an argument
But if you really want to go there, EOIV was a launch year title with zero competition whatsoever, EOV was released with switch and new pokemon on the horizon with piracy rampant, and only sold 1k less than IV

Attached: 1494138026375.png (849x849, 628K)

>EOV was released with switch and new pokemon on the horizon with piracy rampant, and only sold 1k less than IV
Time to remember to actually buy EOV, thanks user!

PQ sold because of Persona. Funny thing you said nothing about U1,U2 or Nexus. Piracy was always rampant on the 3ds. V is better than 4, never said otherwise. Sales are objective, nothing you can refute about that.

Fight one FOE in U2-Nexus and tell me they're better. the HP padding is fucking insane, on top of inflated prices, shitty story modes/poor storytelling, etc etc etc.

Nexus is the laziest cash in in existance and we're talking about the guys who fucked up the art in Radiant Historia and made the original art into paid DLC.

Attached: newstocke.png (400x240, 134K)

I wonder why change Dante, did the director say 'no' to the Mainiax Chronicles ?

t. picnic player that paid for the exp dlc

Attached: COMPLETE GLOBAL SALVATION.webm (518x292, 2.03M)

the HP padding complaint for U2 was and always will be a meme
>HP padding in Nexus
if anything they don't have enough.

Probably the deal or license to use him then expired, that or they just decided to shill raidou with that rerelease instead

Guys thinking up ideas and planning out the game and story for like 1 year then finally putting all the artists ans programmers onto the plan they have laid out.

Atlus is about the only retard still shitting out 3DS games beccause they have assets and engines and they're too lazy to try new shit.

EOV was absolute shit and you fucking know it.
>3rd stratum is a graveyard
>muh random anchuent war
>no explenation
>shitty warp puzzles
>shitty enemy designs
>shitty evade spamming classes
>absolute trash overdesigned character art

I was going off japanese launch sales, but sure
>Piracy was always rampant on the 3ds
For the first few years you still had to buy a shitty gateway that barely worked
Around V's release you literally went to a web address on the browser, scanned a QR code, and got free games
Nice meme, you're literally complaining that you can't melt through everything like butter and have to learn the attacks and mechanics unlike in IV
I won't excuse Nexus being lazy, it definitely is, but the end result is a better game than IV in every aspect
EOIV is basically picnic and DLC forced always on

>use a shitton of ATK up grimoire or die/have fights take forever
>good game design

Raidou is actually quite popular in Japan, the 1930's Japan aesthetic is really loved there, so they must have though having him guest star in Nocturne might have been a cool bonus there. It's funny actually, while Dante appears in a number of fan art if you look up Japanese Nocturne fan art Raidou is featured much more, he has quite a number of fans there.

Attached: 3315131_p0.jpg (740x1086, 359K)

>>muh random anchuent war
>>no explenation
The plot made more sense in japanese, supposedly.

Don't forget about
>Localisation ruining the twist

What kind of retarded complaints are these?

>that or they just decided to shill raidou with that rerelease instead
They decided to shill raidou instead. Dante has had re-released that wouldn't be possible if it was just the license expiring. I'd imagine they're fine to use it indefinitely in the same way that Capcom are free to use Kaneko's art for DMC.

Attached: 1493588801141.jpg (500x724, 74K)

Hey EOIV isn't balanced, you can just span storm rune for the whole game, but it's a hell of a lot more enjoyable and it promotes more exploration with it's overworld. It has better ideas for map design than U2 and V...and the small bits of unique level that are in Nexus.

Wish they'd make a new Raidou game then, maybe they're hoping Sega cozies up to Platinum again.

out of all the crazy shit you can do with grimoires you pick that as a do or die? tells me you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1456168398156.png (400x240, 89K)

For a second I thought this was a Venture Brothers reference.

That is interesting

>no raidou 3
>no new devil summoner in general outside of SH's enhanced port
>playing as V in DMC5 just makes me want to see another raidou game

Attached: 1501676921703.png (430x345, 174K)

Atlus only cares about money, the only way more Raidou would happen is if they retool it into a Persona spinoff.

Yeah, I was going to just think it was licensing but then I remembered that PSN has Nocturne maniax anyway

>Wish they'd make a new Raidou game then, maybe they're hoping Sega cozies up to Platinum again.
Stop, user. I can only get so erect.

Attached: 1493857195886.gif (260x173, 1.17M)

Raidou 3 made by platinum games

If Raidou is popular in Japan, would that not imply that another game would sell well?

>the only way more Raidou would happen is if they retool it into a Persona spinoff.

Trippy.

either ATK Up or have the fights last for 4X longer than they should. Harpuia's signature move literally gets stronger each time she uses it, which reminds me

>bosses need to be fucked with pre-fight to mitigate overblown HP
>the 5th stratum's bombs

>a big empty floor with no walls 'promotes exploration'
o i am laffin
3's sea maps was a good puzzle and had exploration too, 4's overworld is a big waste of time
>It has better ideas for map design than U2 and V...and the small bits of unique level that are in Nexus.
oh no no ahahahahaha
honestly untold 2 has some pretty shit map design too, but the rest blow the fuck out of IV

Attached: 66671.png (1270x540, 30K)

Wow. I'm not surprised 4 outsold every other game in the series, I'm surprised U2 sold that low.

Attached: 1507487159976.gif (600x424, 982K)

Is it popular with current ATlus fans, or did they all fuck off because they don't care anymore?

A new Raidou game is definitely one of the most likely sub series to see a new entry. In Japan Raidou had an official novel, official manga series, various figures and statues, and a ton of other merchandise. Atlus clearly had faith in the franchise but I think the cumbersome gameplay of the first game and not as interesting story of the second game might have soured some people on it. I feel at some point Atlus might test just how marketable he still is though.

Attached: 2955958_p0.jpg (800x853, 101K)

yeah better ideas like a teleport maze, a tedious cave and reusing content as its 5th stratum.
there is no point in IV that comes remotely close to empyreal bridge's design.

Untold 2 released right between ORAS and SSB4

As long as it is a decent action dev or atlus improves with that regard, I'm fine with that
>take gag from P2's climax theatre and P4's localisation and go with it
eh, i dunno

bruh that would be dope

the closest world to empty is the 2nd, and you cherry picked one map. Try the golden lair or hall of darkness, fag.

DDS and Raidou aren't SMT

False, it was literally just a bonus that came with the special edition of raidou, I don't even think it was sold on its own and the dante version is on psn.

Kek. I’m saving that.

>we will never get Raidou 1 with the combat of Raidou 2 or even more advanced
Would be near perfect, Raidou is amazing in everything but combat.

Attached: 6986512_p0.png (800x600, 869K)

Raidou is a movie in P3 i think, they could do some fun shit if they want

Yeah I corrected myself there with that now

hey, all EOs have at least 1 of what you lsited.

EOIVs special moments also come from the minor labyrinths where they can explore a different idea without having to blow it up int a whole stratum.

The 4th stratum of EOV is absolutely a tedious cave AND it has warp puzzles.

>use consumables to disable damage tiles
>good
>boring rehash of previous dungeon mechanics, including the one you agree to be shit
>good

2023 release date

Attached: 1540862212685.jpg (749x801, 96K)

That may be more of a reference the translators put in than anything else. Chie mentions the Kuzunoha familiy in P4 but that's just a translation thing too.

don't pretend crystal caves is remotely as tedious as golden lair

>EOIVs special moments also come from the minor labyrinths
wow, so much better
>The 4th stratum of EOV is absolutely a tedious cave AND it has warp puzzles
One that doesn't require backtracking, and actually has unique mechanics, it's a lot less tedious. The warp puzzles are actually puzzles and not random guessing because they follow a logical system

Attached: 67136.png (987x439, 46K)

>use consumables to disable damage tiles
in every single game, look and see wich way is the best around the scales and use a stake
>boring rehash of previous dungeon mechanics, including the one you agree to be shit
The first part of Forgotten capitol is pretty annoying, ive been playing it and geeh, but the warps in hall of darkness are nowhere near as bad as in V, where it can literally pull you back to the beginning of the floor or even the stratum

I want them to finish so they can make EO VI/U3

Current year has fucking 300+ million of 3DS' sold user. When IV came out the number was nowhere near as close as that. Baka poster with Baka avatar baka.

Honestly should’ve been delayed for a Switch release
By the time it released on WiiU the console was already in the grave.

I just want to use the Wildling without it being the weakest link of every possible team.

I like the golden lair. The V 4th stratum was super annoying and tedious and you do backtrack around bigger crystals.
you cherry picked the golden deer keep, shitface. I wouldve picked windy archive for a worse one.
but the moth nest or underground lake is good

BTW Yea Forums the guy that made the good persona's game remake is coming out Tuesday ANYBODY here getting that?

Context ?

congrats you replied to the wrong person.
>I like the golden lair.
yeah I'm done replying.

Just reuse Apocalypse combat.
They won't do grid-based dungeon crawling in a 3D game on a console.

>with the changes made to mudo/hama that deal HP damage instead of sticking to being 1-hit kill attacks
Fuck off.

It's actually the other way around in christian terms. Demons are angels that rebelled against God

Why are you surprised? It was literally a decade between 2 and Nocturne, Nocturne and IV.
They have more P4&5 to milk anyways.

Persona 1 and 2 aren't good games, the combat and fusing just aren't that good. At least nu-persona has nocturne lite combat

>Of course it'll be on the Switch, the question is whether it'll be a proper console SMT for the first time in 16 years
I mean Switch is stronger than WiiU, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions looked pretty, if SMTV is at least at this level, I'll be content.

Attached: 1521635012932.jpg (1500x1235, 806K)

>no VIT
>Phys skills cost SP
>demons that are phys based just happen to have garbage SP as well
>retards will defend this

Caligula Effect Overdose. Tadashi Satomi worked on the first three Personas. (Revelations and the Duology) Which were more SMT games than what Persona is now.

boo hoo baby give up
atlus is shit anyway, they stopped making good games and persona was always a shit that had inexcusable pacing and manchild writing. SMT was kinda good but whoops they fucked that up too. Im glad I didnt buy EOV or nexus for myself. waste of money and persona q is like a worse version of bothe persona and eo

no im not drinking

Attached: nozomihomeslice.jpg (400x240, 81K)

Worst part of their games easily , if they got removed the games would become much better
Which reminds me , when playing NG of P5, I noticed that the whole "free time" you have to do the social shit is way shorter than I remembered
Probably the reason why I actually finished it

The only problem with phys costing SP is the demons dont have enough SP for more than 1 attack.

The combat is outdated yes. Most of the early Atlus games don't hold up now. But the characters from the first Persona's were better written so much so all we get now are watered down versions of said characters in the sequels.

>install base mattering for a niche series
299 million of those bought it solely for pokemon
>but the moth nest
Seriously nigger?
It's a straight line to the end. The gimmick is 'don't spend more than 2 turns in an encourter' which is something you would be doing anyway and isn't any harder to accomplish
It's funny, Nexus has a subdungeon with a similar gimmick, but there the encounters are both strong and bulky so you will actually spend more than 2 turns in encounters, the F.O.Es aren't all out of the way so you actually want to spend time in encounters in certain cases, the F.O.Es you are trying to avoid are much more threatening, the other gimmick in damage tiles has special interactions with everything I just mentioned, and last but not least, the boss at the end is there from the start and isn't an unrelated sidequest in the postgame, said boss is actually difficult at the point you unlock it, and last but not least, it isn't a peanut sized piece of shot and is a fully blown floor.
I really need to find Nexus maps online because they really make IV's subdungeons look like the joke they are

Attached: 72275.png (1355x394, 62K)

SMT is the most boring of the megaten series , for one

questions: would persona 1 and 2 have made decent novels?

>plays localization shit
>complains about it
>doesn't mod his 3DS to play a better game
alcoholic confirmed

It has better gameplay and it looks pretty, but it's bad in every other regard. I fucking hate Hackshino and his pretentiousness. All he does is steal ideas from original three games, and then pretends that he thought it up himself.

You'd have to be drinking to defend EOIV

noo stupid, if you wanna get around you gotta alert the moths to move a tile. You probably havent played eoiv in years im playing it today.

Counterargument
Phys moves cost way less and demons that use phys usually do them at a discount cause of their affinities

He literally said Persona 5 was made in commemoration of the franchise and used elements of all games, it's all fine

>and then pretends that he thought it up himself.
When did that even happen or did you just make it up

why download a different version when Apocalypse has so much Japanese left in it anyway!

Now or then? Because 2 would have outside the first ending. That shit could have been handled better.

>atlus fans killing each other
What the fuck happen?

My bad, I didn't look at the left side. Doesn't change the fact that this shit it 2 rooms long and they pad it out by making walking and combat animations slow as fuck. What a joke

We need games, or we will devour ourselfs

Well, being on Yea Forums at this time requires either drinking or being an incel neet

Could I get a toast from you though for the comraderie of humanity?

They went full alignment

Attached: 1397312938386.gif (273x537, 7K)

that's not outside the norm

No, they were Persona games and had their own established identity. Nu-Persona isn't Persona.

I for one enjoyed nuclear coming back. Haven't seen that shit in forever. Also psy. I wish it had a post game dungeon to just fuck around. :/

Ohhhh, i hope that games goes well the normal Caligula was kinda of a bad game

Fuck 4fags, they ruined this franchise
now guess if I'm talking about SMT, Persona or EO

was the 3DS your first video game system? Game speed is a pretty poor complaint.

now that's a thonker

Attached: NOTRUNEISKILL.jpg (475x659, 166K)

>Nu-Persona isn't Persona.
It is now.

It's mostly banter and good fun. Most fatlus play more than one series, probably even enjoy SMT, EO and Persona, like me.

Attached: 1482803824169.png (1280x720, 765K)

>lol who cares it doesn't matter
>every 3DS EO is faster
>EO3 is faster
>EO2 was faster than EO1
Present an argument any time. EOIV being unnecessarily slow makes it objectively less enjoyable to play

It was apparently received well in Japan (original Caligula wasn't), so I have hopes.
The bad thing is that original Caligula was translated by Atlus USA, while new Caligula is translated by fucking NISA.

I like Persona 4 as its own Scooby Doo and the retards sorta way. But it was definitely the weakest of the series and only babies would disagree.

Why can’t we all be neutral?

nocturnefags and P3fags that insist everything needs to be nocturne or 3 ruin things for me.
EO4fags just genuinely baffle me

You being slow makes it less fun to talk to you, lrl.

You just have bad taste in badly made vidya. its all good.

Edgy

>only one P2

Nu-Persona is a friendship simulator and I appreciate that P4 doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. P3's "serious" scenes were awfully cringy, like Ken attacking Shinji, director's betrayal, or goth girl's death.

Atlus loves to make their games very different between each other when it comes down to characters and story
If you told me you liked only 1 SMT game I would believe you

It was a good game but a real downgrade from 3 with smaller dungeons, less content, and weak difficulty. Not my favorite but I still adore it.

because you wanna give the wheel back to the person who crashed the car.

I hope it gets ported to PS4 or PS5

>>only one P2
The other half did get erased, did it not?

>Press turn is a casual gameplay element making the game easier for people
Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure I got OTKed many times more than I would should they went with a normal combat system. And Matador boss fight was a total trainwreck because he hit critical for breakfast while continuously avoid my attacks.
Granted, I did not get very far with older SMT but I kinda watched YHVH boss fight out of curiosity and it didn't seemed that different, pretty standard RPG.

A SJ anime would be sick

Attached: Morax Asura 1v1.webm (1280x720, 1.32M)

Is Neutral really neutral? To me it seems like the only choice that is not completely retarded. Every time. With law you die, with chaos you may or may not die but it goes against all the shit you did in the game. Neutral is just "I want to live" and not being a shit person in general. wish we had more choices. Like fucking demons and angels and taming them this way.

wanting anime in 2019? kill yourself zoomer

I think full scale development is when they start working on the actual game. before that it was artists, story boards, ect.

Well then clown isn't really accurate.

>Are you sure about this?
Considering that you start your third sentence with an "and". Yes. I'm 100% sure about this.

How was that edgy? I enjoyed how bad it was.
P3 was always serious door kun. The entire theme of the game was sacrifice and coming to terms with death.

>animated by ufotable
They aren't my favorite studio but I'd struggling to think of a better fit for an SMT anime.

Attached: 1504542853661.jpg (350x396, 23K)

Press turn is shit

Did you see Devil Survivor 2? You don't want animes based off Atlus games ever.

That's what they're doing with Q2, user.

As some other user already said, EO4 is the best seller of the series.It keeps getting recommended everywhere as the entry point for the series, some even bought a 3ds to play it. It stands to reason a lot of people enjoyed it and don't agree on it's flaws. Which a few people exaggerate imo.

>Morax vs Asura
>Asura receiving a hit on the face
Every game does it differently, demon powerlevels I mean, but I maintain that Asura HAS to be one of the most powerful demons and only other "boss" demons can stand a chance against him.

David. They can handle grown men protags better more than Shirou harem simulator #41.

The only time Law "kills" you is SMTIV. Generally it just kills other people.

I wish I didn't

Got me there. Find me a spongebob episode in which there's somebody with a paperbag on it's face. There probably is an episode like that.

>Atlus literally said it was only gonna be on switch
>expecting any different despite all the last few installments being Nintendo exclusives

oh god UFO table can make computer grafix and glittery light look good but they don't emote well at all. With them you're also gonna run into the trouble of the anime budget eating the budget for the rest of naything else theyre doing.

Asura is just a random demon equivalent to devils that fight angels. Plenty of stronger demons myth wise within SMT that are somehow weaker in game than Asura though.

David's done an inconsistent job handling JoJo though, I don't trust them with SMT at all.

lawwill kill you if you try and think differently than approved by YHVH.

This
With neutrality you can be a dick but still have something close to a moral compass.
You don’t have a brutally murder everyone that so much as looks at you funny but also you don’t have to licks the nuts of any demon or angel that happens to be passing by.
It’s the best choice because it has the greatest growth potential

Fuck it I'll take a shitty picture with my phone
VIRGIN EOIV:
>manlet 3x3 size
>entire thing is 3 rooms (one reserved for a boss) and a corridor
>encounters, F.O.Es and dungeon gimmick are the same shit seen in the normal dungeon
>no boss until accepting postgame quest
>boss is easy as fuck
>boss being here makes no sense thematically or lorewise, IV turns the majestic defend of the forest folk into some random bird lost in the woods
>forgettable
>no memes
CHAD EOX:
>big dick fully sized floor
>15 rooms, only one reserved for boss, no useless corridors, everything serves a purpose in the greater design
>new encounters unseen in the normal dungeon
>new F.O.Es that got promoted from normal enemies in Untold 2
>new dungeon gimmick interacts seamlessly with the one seen in the main dungeon
>unlocked by seeking information by yourself, quest not handed to you for free
>boss appears from start and is strong as fuck at that point of the game
>boss is thematically appropriate, F.O.Es and dungeon design connect with his
>great towering golem retains his status as destroyer of explorers
>filters casuals
>has memes

Attached: IMG_20190311_020038__01.jpg (2847x2985, 3.71M)

>but they don't emote well at all.
Which is perfect because neither does Kaneko's style.

If P5 comes to switch then SMTV should come to ps4

Law usually is the reason there is a conflict in the first place and will always want to erase all the corrupt and disgusting humans.

That's gonna be a yikeserino from me, m8

>EOIV
>no memes
>EOX:
>filters casuals
Let us not say things we cannot take back, user.

Neither will happen.

Or people who bought a Ps3 for TLG, an FF7 remake and KH3.

just buy a switch, it's worth it.

chaoz wuz here
law iz gay

True but at least you can see the love they put in their episodes. Can't say that for most studios.

I'm comparing these subdungeons specifically user
Giant's Ruin is absolutely a casual filter, assuming they weren't filtered by everything before it
Can't say the same about IV's whatever garden

Redux basically had a law fag revert back and become more neutral and while people bitched because of purism I saw it as a person not being 100% retarded.

I like chaos because I like edge, don't like plain humanity, and hate god (because I'm an edgetheist)

Attached: walterhat.jpg (240x239, 19K)

But Walter liked people he just hated the rich. In his case he was won over by the shit actions of angels and rich people. Also Lucifer's human form pussy. Kinda Ironic he became a fetus hand lol.

dude, i just picked out an image i saved in like 2013

What we get first?

SMT V

or

Rune Factory V?

Attached: 1510284949072.png (840x1120, 529K)

Splatoon 3

>Merciful GOD has a perfect plan for infinite happiness for all of his Children
>Retards dissent because they want His power
>Go to war with him and lose like little bitches(and following their philosophy, might makes right, so YHVH is right by their own logic)
>Demons devour and kill humans, want sacrifices and the vast majority enjoy being assholes for no reason, cant follow simple laws of society nor have a moral ground to stand on other than "im selfish, whats yours is mine because me stronger"
>Somehow Law is at fault because all this shit happened
Guess what, a world without Law means eternal warfare and suffering, want to blame YHVH for that too?

ooh yeah, Rune Factory
Honestly I'd probably get Rune Factory 4 Reduc if it wasnt to expensive but I just played 4 for the first time last year
wouldnt even mind

Attached: honkingmaximum.gif (209x193, 158K)

SMT V because we knew they were in development first

Whoops, wrong user

Why didn't YHVH get rid of the retards?

YHVH is the reason there is suffering in the first place. Jewish god baka.

Go play pokemon

I wouldn't call a small and optional sub-dungeon a casual filter. Honestly since picnic was introduced I'd say the series has no more casual filters. Giuant's Ruin isn't even hard, the higher encounter rate can be mitigated by defending a couple of turns and then running away, never being in danger of the FOEs joining in. Anyway, what I mostly disagreed with was with the bit about 4 not having any memes.

>>Merciful GOD has a perfect plan for infinite happiness for all of his Children
You mean nuking the world every time because he fears humanity?