She used to be a dude but now is a mom

Attached: 1431205518560.jpg (510x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And people wonder why mentally ill gays and trannies flock to the Persona and SMT series

Asherah has always been portrayed as a woman. I don't know why they made Asura transform into her after being reborn other than to keep with "mother goddess" themes. In SMT4 they fix this issue but getting her there is a gigantic fucking chore.

Attached: 1451423161014.gif (250x188, 168K)

It's about how certain demons/deities/mythological characters are bastardizations or interpretations of other cultures derived from a certain original. Same reason why you fight Morax->Moloch, Horkos->Orcus, etc.
Fuck off /pol/, this needs to be a good thread.

Attached: 1521915277541.jpg (295x342, 16K)

Demons don't have fixed identities compared to things like humans.

It just sounds like ATLUS is just connecting demons that have similar sounding names. I don't recall Asura and Asherah having any real life connections.

Comparative mythology is a hell of a drug.

Can someone tell me the name of that woman in OP's pic? I want to look for... art.

yes, yes, the good ol' /pol/ boogeyman, as if only they can hate these two absolutely repulsive and disgusting groups of people when they start to play your favorite games

Yeah I kind of figured that just thought it was bizarre even for SMT. 4 handled her better while using the same theme.

>Kaneko doesn't just just make his demons through lens of Japanese pop cultu-

Attached: Dada_Movie_(2).png (640x940, 88K)

That is Asherah and she doesn't have that much art. Her best model is in a phone game as well sadly. SMT5 can't come soon enough. (2023)

Attached: 1447654852078.jpg (1000x805, 147K)

A quick research confirms there's no direct connection, maybe they reached a bit. Who knows, the names sound similar enough and there is an ancient arabian deity called Ashirathat could have bridged him/her from India to Israel so they could be distantly related after all.
Google "Asherah SMT"
Cry some more, faggot.

Attached: 1522664680214.jpg (300x190, 90K)

Strange Journey was retarded tbqh

you're the one crying about /pol/, buddy
LOL

>Still going

Attached: 1521422754194.png (992x1856, 199K)

Are you confusing Asherah with Alilat? Asherah is ancient in comparison dating back before the Jew god by a considerable amount. Fuck YHVH.

quit responding to him you tard

You're just asking for the thread to be a shitpost dumping ground starting it like that. Don't do that next time.

>y-you're s-still g-going!
kek

Attached: JS110653103-1[1].jpg (615x409, 23K)

So that's a MtF?

Does SJ redux have meaningful additions that make it worthy playing over the original if I already have that one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah
>This Ashira might be Athirat/Asherah. Since Aramaic has no way to indicate Arabic th,[vague] corresponding to the Ugaritic th (transliterated as ṯ), if this is the same deity, it is not clear whether the name would be an Arabian reflex of the Ugaritic Athirat or a later borrowing of the Hebrew/Canaanite Asherah.[32]
>The Arabic root ʼṯr is similar in meaning to the Hebrew indicating "to tread" used as a basis to explain the name of Ashira as "lady of the sea", specially that the Arabic root ymm also means "sea".[33] It has also been recently suggested that the goddess name Athirat might be derived from the passive participle form, referring to "one followed by (the gods)", that is, "pro-genitress or originatress", corresponding with Asherah's image as 'the mother of the gods' in Ugaritic literature.[34]

>
A good excuse to post some of my SMT folder

Holy mother of seethe!

Attached: challenge to a duel.png (500x738, 514K)

I feel its spoiling Strange Journey more. Sorry (in hindsight) Also ignore the trolls. That being said I l know the game is trash and not considered a true Megami title but I heard it introduced staple ideas to the series. You guys ever heard of Giten Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mokushiroku? I wonder if that will ever get a translation patch.

>In the Ugaritic texts (before 1200 B.C.E.) Asherah is sometimes called Athirat yammi, 'Athirat of the Sea'. The sacred sea (or lake) upon which the Ugaritic Asherah stood was known as Yam Kinneret and is now called Lake Galilee. In these texts, Asherah is the consort of the god El. One source refers to the "70 sons of Athirat," presumably the same as the "70 sons of El." She is not clearly distinguished from Ashtart (better known in English as Astarte). Ashtart, however, is clearly linked to the Mesopotamian Goddess Ishtar. Astarte/Ishtar differs from the Ugaritic Asherah, in that Ishtar shares none of Asherah's primary roles as consort of the chief god, mother of the major lesser deities, and goddess of the sea. Asherah is also called Elat (the feminine form of El) and Qodesh or 'Holiness'.
Huh. Alright then.

>s-seething!
keep those (You)s coming my triggered friend

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u3[1].jpg (600x439, 25K)

Attis originated in the kingdom of Phrygia and eventually became a part of Greek lore. Attis was conceived when his mother Nana ate a fruit from a tree that grew on the site where Agdistis, Cybele's son from Zeus, had its male sexual organs castrated and buried.

Attis grew up to be a handsome man who attracted Cybele's attention, but when he ran away rejecting her love, Cybele chased after him. Attis arrived at the site of a pine tree, castrated himself and died. The pine tree protected his spirit, while Zeus and Cybele worked to keep his body from rotting. In celebration of his rebirth, Attis' followers would do the same and castrate themselves.

Attached: Attis.png (250x444, 115K)

When's the last time we saw Uriel?

Attached: CpJn6uP.jpg (2622x1857, 997K)

SMTIV

as a woman?

Attached: 14b32f21689790d149f5615f7b01ef68.jpg (736x525, 128K)