Why do people think this game is good? You play as a slow piece of shit for most of it

Why do people think this game is good? You play as a slow piece of shit for most of it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwHHmzEvGRw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Cn9Ra1kwo
youtu.be/lrdp5inJitE
youtu.be/Wq952Rsplt0
youtube.com/watch?v=n5SNG_-1Zvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i liked the song

youtube.com/watch?v=gwHHmzEvGRw

But most people don't think this game is good and they are wrong.

>game is good because you can speedrun it

Attached: negative IQ.jpg (638x558, 64K)

Day stages are fun and it's still the best looking sonic game

Maybe you want to play Forces?
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Cn9Ra1kwo

Based

Pretty sure the consensus on it is that it's a bad game but it has the best sonic boost levels on the series
The daytime levels were god tier but everything else weighed the game down

Sonic was never good then

Attached: A wise man once said....png (1366x768, 794K)

Nice deflection, user. Some fag's ability to speed run isn't an argument as to why the game is good.

You can play the Generations mod with the Unleashed day stages and then it's amazing

>Speedruns through sex with wife
>Must be the best, 1.2 seconds!

>removal of QTE's
>watered down hedgehog engine
>rogers voice
No ty

Retards that played it as kids and defend it because "muh soul"

No one says this game is good, no one even gives it the praise it does deserves.

Attached: 1551756174964.webm (960x540, 1.4M)

Is that actually in the game?
Doesn't look like it with those camera movements

I played the PS2 version though, so this level wasn't even in it

It makes the non-werehog parts seem better by comparison.

That particular webm is in the game, but is the Generations version of the engine rather than Unleashed itself.

Attached: Sonic Unleashed Rooftop Run.webm (960x540, 1.74M)

why... would you 'want' qtes?

Boost is just spectacle with no substance. I like it but it's not solid like a video game should be like how Mario or Rayman does it.

It's in Unleashed just like that too.

They fitted well in the levels since you're responding quickly to things anyway, it offered an interesting way of getting to a higher path. They were very brief though lasting only like a couple of sections, and they weren't used often at all, so it didn't take over gameplay like they did in forces, though they were probably overused in bosses.

*lasting a couple of seconds I mean

Most people praise the Sonic levels exclusively.

Boost has plenty substance to it, it's far from the "le boost 2 win" meme that IGN started.
It's rare that I go to Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 often for a quick run through some of the stages, unlike how I often pick up Sonic 1, 2, and 3 to just run through some of the levels as fast as I can.
With Unleashed and Generations however I go back to the boost levels almost as often as I do the classic games, constantly trying to beat my times in my favorite stages and having a blast each time.

A Sonic game doesn't have to have momentum physics to have "substance", I think this is a myth that those who are fans of the classic games have made up, as though the more momentum matters the deeper the gameplay is, but it's not a philosophy that the 3D games have to strictly adhere to at all to be fun and challenging.

Attached: Sonic Unleashed Windmill Isle.webm (960x540, 1.72M)

youtu.be/lrdp5inJitE
youtu.be/Wq952Rsplt0

But then it's still missing the Werehog and everything else that Unleashed had that Gens didn't.

Boost is perfectly fine, it just depends on the level design.

> not modding in griffiths voice

Hey, you asked for the better lighting and the voice and I gave you that, and suddenly you want more? alright i guess

Attached: 1537421076561.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

I know user, and I appreciate it, but I just prefer Unleashed levels in Unleashed I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5SNG_-1Zvo

Classic/Advance era is better. I want skill to go fast, not casual shit. I miss earning my speed, not handed to me.

I wish SEGA of America didn't fuck over people's minds with that damn X dub. Sonic rolling is how he hit top speed, not running. He's not the Flash.

Attached: 1524352082395.png (1016x1016, 953K)

>You play as OP for most of it.
Neat.

We've gone full circle. Sonic Unleashed bucked the trend of early to mid 2000s gratuitous bloom and some zoomer went and added it back in.

Like I said, the idea that momentum is the be all end all for Sonic is silly.
That doesn't work for 3D Sonic level design. I think there are ways to incorporate physics rather than over relying on scripting like the Adventure games were sometimes guilty of, but a 3D sonic game that solely relies on momentum just isn't something that can really be done.

The Utopia "tech demo" only proves that to me. I'd love to see Utopia's final version (if it ever comes out) prove me wrong, but I can't see them doing it without resorting to some of the necessary evils the Adventure games had to.

If you want Classic/Advance games you still have that with Whitehead's team, but 3D modern Sonic isn't shit just because it doesn't pigeonhold itself to the idea of momentum being necessary.

Attached: Sonic Generations Seaside Hill.webm (960x540, 1.83M)

That boost shit they've been doing since 06 is fucking garbage and i can't believe anyone is okay with it, let alone the majority of sonic fags

Why did Monkey Ball work then? I really liked that shit but brainlets didn't or something.

>Temple run
Just an hero, its okay

>literally temple run

I really don't see how boost is any more casual than classic. You go fast in generations without knowing what you're doing and you're going to hit a roadblock, same as in the classic games. Plus you'll run out of boost and then you'll be slow as shit, so you do have to earn it anyway. Really, take away the boost and you just have a game that isn't fun at all because the whole thing is terribly slow. And I know that's not what people want because everyone was creaming their pants over the drop dash in Mania.

Plus you do go faster rolling rather than running, in Generations at least.

bump