When influential people claim that video games are not art, I can't help but nod in agreement...

When influential people claim that video games are not art, I can't help but nod in agreement. Even something as "childish" as anime has proven itself with Neon Genesis Evangelion, but there is not a SINGLE game that can even be considered a magnum opus, and it doesn't look like there will be in the foreseeable future either. This is truly a shame, for I wish only the best for the digital interactive medium.

Attached: kino.webm (704x480, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Metal Gear Solid 2

>minute long webm of a single frame

but why

Because games are too varied.

there might not be any games that are masterpiece tier but there are games with artistic value and therefore games can be art

Pretentious weebs will tell you it symbolizes something or has a deep meaning

The real reason is the anime studio ran out of money

Didn't management ran away with it instead?

I'm well aware of the actual episode but the question is for this webm specifically.

What does it accomplish beyond a normal png?

>Single frame
It's literally a conversion to WebM from an unedited portion of a series.

Most games aren't art, theyre trash. But there are some that you could consider probably. Games with amazing stories or just unique art styles I think can be called art, but even having those things doesnt necessarily make it art

You know what im sayin?

play bloodborne user...

Attached: Moon_Presence_Encounter.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

>video games are not art
define art you pretentious cuck
>there is not a single magnum opus in vidya
what is deus ex? what is bioshock? what is planescape torment? what is fallout new vegas?

Inside is pretty kino

Attached: 45454.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

Choose 4

Attached: 1445751215046.png (4162x3954, 2.13M)

why bother replying to this thread with anything when all OP has to do is say "no" and you're completely destroyed?

It's equal to saying "umad?" there's no way out once you're hooked

>tfw bottom right youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

defienty cannot be assed to read through every single one of these so I pick the cheerful druid, the warrior princess the based black bard and the catgirl
actually the bard looks a bit too based, swap him for the dog or villainous vixen

Games can never be art because the act of "play" itself cannot be art. That's not to say that playing isn't good in and of itself, but that art and play belong to two different domains. Now of course games can have artistic elements inside of them, like music, visuals, or story, but the overall game itself cannot be described as art.

I don't even like MGS2 but this.

There are plenty of games that can be considered art. Journey is just one example off the top of my head.

You're just a moron. Also Evangelion is shit.

That scene is basically, pls Shinji kill me.

Attached: dmc.webm (1366x768, 1.52M)

>cant help but nod in agreement
you play very few games or have a meager understanding of the medium and its strengths.