Who do you like playing the most?

Who do you like playing the most?

Attached: 3471387-dims.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

tossup between these two

Attached: PULL MY FREAKIN DEVIL TRIGGA.png (485x520, 207K)

dante he's more streamlined and his damage buffed alot compared to 3 and 4

im still just waiting for vergil to play only him

nero is as boring and bland as he was in 4

Nero > Dante >>> V

Nero>V>Dante

>nero is as boring and bland as he was in 4
Nero is only bland if you suck.

This guy can't ex-act.

Cant decide between nero and V
The really fixed nero up compared to how he was in four.

Anyone else decided to play human mode after beating the game for the first run on Devil Hunter mode?
I think thats the best way to go about the game so that way after getting use to the game on Devil Hunter you can experiment with all the attacks on human mode and finish buying the rest of the characters move list for the harder SOS and DMD modes.

For later difficulties its best to experiment with attacks and weapons so you can see whats the best way to dominate enemies and bosses in tougher modes and learn how to dodge and counter moves accordingly instead of the blind whaling of a first play through

Attached: dante chill bro.png (300x247, 140K)

Anyone not named V.
It was a nice gimmick to try, but the pet based moveset just doesn't fit right into this game.

If only nero has an arm switcher..
I prefer Dante, especially when I now claw.

neros literally the most fun character to play

Prior to beating the game:

Dante > Nero > V

Post-game/NG+:

Nero >>>>>>> those motherfuckers

People just think he's boring because they never charge guns/breakers or time their DT attacks for his exclusives. Even in 4 he was fun

V
> play RPGs for years
> always like the idea of a summoner, but every single game out there has a shit gameplay for summoners
> finally play DMC5 after 11 FUCKING YEARS
> pick V first time I have an option to do so
> get my mind blown away in a crimson cloud

This is it, this is what I always wanted. Now give me an action RPG where I can play as a summoner/necromancer, but with V's mechanics.

Dante >>> the others

VNever been a big fan of these types of games though so it makes sense I like his playstyle the most.

Nero, by a long shot. I just wish you could switch arms on command.

new to dmc what is the point of exseed?

you have to spend a lot of time revving for what seems like little gain. Also the option to regen exseed with perfect timing seems really fucking spotty.

It's gonna be great for a summoner in DD2 though.

Dante>>>Nero>V
The distance between Dante and Nero will get closer as I keep getting better with Max-Act my timing is fucked because I learned it on turbo mode

Dante.

Can't decide between Nero and Dante but I suppose that's a good thing.

>babby thinks their babby mechanics aren't babby tier
Stop being shit at the game that you need to glorify this babby mode character, babbies.

>he doesn't know

nero
fuck donte

Hey faggot, stop mass replying.

i cant play as dmc4 = dmc5 dante
nero is so much better to play
also dante misses some moves like loading up rebellion and i dont mean round trip

Is Gunslinger totally overtuned or is it just me?

>got through DH with fairly easily
>getting assravaged on SOS
It’s a nice step up in difficulty

Dante. Balrog is so fucking fun to use.

>use Trickster to mid air dash and be directly above an enemy, swap to Gunslinger to use Ebony and Ivory's B attack to rain down bullets on the enemy, use the bike while still in the air but behind the enemy to launch it into the air without touching the ground, swap to Swordmaster and swap to Sparda to spin the blade like a blender then slam the enemy down then swap to Balrog to ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA while on fire

HAHA YES

Well after you beat the game you can just play him as he was in 4. All up to you.

you can instantly revv if you hit L2 as soon the attack connects.

>little gain

Playing nero makes me feel like a god, nothing like revving/EXacting every attack, using breakers and buster grabs while nuking shit with charged shots.
My only problem is i suck ass with dante, havent been good with him since 3, but i fucking swear ill lab the shit out of him till im SSStylish.

>Dante has an even crazier toolset than in 4.
>Post-game Nero is insane.
>V is barebones as fuck and incredibly boring once the appeal of the pet gimmick wears off.

What a shame.

Attached: 1550494786551.jpg (800x662, 85K)

Dante by far. Nero is fun but too easy to master as always. V is complete and utter shit. They could've put just Vergil but instead we got this shitter

Nero was awesome to play as, the Devil Breakers added so much variety.

Dante was fun as ever to play as, but lacked the complexity as Nero

V was fun at first, but trying to control his pets became a test of patience as enemies became more complex.

Dante>V>>>Nero

I'd probably like Nero a lot more if you could switch arms on the fly, but i'm also just a bit shit with him whereas Dante i'm very good with and V is just pure fun

I have a problem: the audio in cutscenes is always like 2 seconds off for me. Someone gave me this advice, which I took, but didn't help:
>go to DMC5 folder
>open dmc5config.ini
>Change Capability= DirectX12 to 11
>TargetPlatform=DirectX12 to 11.
>Save
Was this wrong or something?

Attached: 1539816913616.jpg (500x405, 112K)

Nero
V's too limited, while Dante's too much for me right now

this shit needs bloody palace asap, no good missions to practice

>Playing V while facing any type of enemies that moves around much
He should have had some kinda trap moves to slow down enemies

why? I never got hit as V because of how far he can jump and how fast he is at dodging

I fucking hate retards who can't play games. Because of them we got DMC5 with super passive damage spongy enemies. I thought in 4 enemies were passive, but only scarecrows are actually passive (not on SoS or DMD). While in 5 it takes forever to kill anyone and I'm good with both Nero and Dante, and enemies rarely do anything in return. Holy shit. Who the fuck hates 4? It's literally the best in terms of gameplay.

Bayonetta

V doe casuls
Nero for retards
Dante for skilled playas

Not that user but I think that shadow moves too slow sometimes and should have a teleport move to get to enemies quicker.
His forward triangle/y isn't good enough

why is dante so fucking hard to play with

Attached: 1546822936413.gif (484x280, 690K)

V is so much fun when you get some of the more advanced attacks.

Also it took me like 2 hours of playing him to realise that all his summons were DMC1 bosses (I completely spaced on Shadow). I might be retarded.

Its not about getting hit, its about increasing options for V while also not wasting time because that one enemy the familiars struggle to hit

I can't believe Phantom will take over V's body

Nero, I really like the grab and all the shit you can do with the devil breakers

Nero with DT>Dante>Nero without DT>V

PSA for people who struggle with V, you can set one of his summons to autopilot by pressing L2+triangle or square, i recommend using it on griffon all the time since he starts really fucking shit up with lightning.
>tfw just figured it by accident in the middle of my SoS run
i felt so stupid

I straight up didn't realise until I was fighting shadow and the DMC1 music kicked in.

>Mfw I completely forgot Shadow yet instantly recognized what that music was when it kicked in

Attached: garrosh.gif (560x365, 1.35M)

What the fuck? How were you playing before you figured that out? Doing 2 combos at the same time?

claw gripping to charge griffon while mashing triangle and letting nightmare do his own thing

Wait what?

also reading all the fucking time, its been hell on my hands to say the least

I just played through the whole game trying to work with triangle and square at the same time

Made griffon set to R2, almost always just had it held in the same fashion I do with Nero's charge shots.

Nero right now but that's only because I haven't gotten totally acclimated to new Dante yet and I'm only now getting all his skills.
Nero is who I enjoy the most but they're both so much more fun than V.
Nero> Dante >>>>>>V

I've got used to Dante in DMC4, thought Gilgamesh was whatever and Lucifer was useless, now he's such a fucking monster, Cavaliere armor is an absurd, variations in Balrog and Cerberus are fun, DSD's hell swords are the shit and SDT is just beautiful.

The only thing 4 has over 5 is intertia and guard flying. And that shit doesn't even add anything to gameplay, it just looks cool in combo videos.
If anything I'm glad 5 came out and made 4 obsolete. Now I don't have to defend a half-finished pile of garbage with a shitty feeling dante and awful enemy designs.

You're been ruined for every other summoner-type character user, i'm sorry.

>when the DT riff kicks in at the start of a fight
almost tempted to throw the track onto Dante/V too.

he means when you spend a bar of DT to buff one of the demons.
LT/L2+Melee/Gun buffs the corresponding demon and they go on autopilot allowing you to control one/V for a short spell

guardfly looks fucking whack after the first 2 youtube binges desu. glad they killed it, just looked autistic zooming around some generic scaregrow on 1hp waiting to hit the gilgamesh ground pound/shotgun

I think one of my main problems with V is that one of the best ways to get high ranks is to just summon nightmare and let him do his own thing. You literally play the game the same way but now you have a giant nigga fucking shit up on his own. And actually controlling nightmare isn't even that fun because of how fucking slow he is to control. It sucks that V is probably never going to show up again because I think he had a lot of potential to be good.

>Dante was fun as ever to play as, but lacked the complexity as Nero
lol

>the Devil Breakers added so much variety.
lol

Did you fags know that you can farm infinite orbs with the hat in the void? Just accidentally figured it out. Dunno if this is well know, but I suppose so.

Would you have preferred devil breakers to be switchable on the fly?

Yes. I want a mod asap

V's gonna get isekai'd to dragon's dogma after Vergil makes the mistake of strapping into a VR console in Kaibaland

Definitely, if Dante can seamlessly switch between all his styles and weapons I don't know why they didn't let us do it for the devil breakers.

>add an option to go back to the first weapon/gun in your loadout by holding R2/L2
There, Dante is now perfect.

Attached: a0717667705_16.jpg (700x700, 82K)

I still don't get why Dante NEEDS to have a sword equipped at all times.

How can you think anybody in the game is boring what the fuck

I just assumed they don't actually transfer over but I haven't actually checked.

So was the ending teasing a Lady+Trish DLC? Or are they saving everything for DMC6?

HOLY SHIT WHAT?
same here

Well, I just checked and they don't carry over but I'm on PC anyway I could have as many as I want anyway.

"boring" is code for "I'm not good with him"

Yes, people who are good with Dante are totally shit at Nero who doesn't have 1/10 going on what Dante has.
Master of the arguments right here.

>buster parry vergils dive bomb attack
>"YOU WILL ACCEPT MY EXISTANCE"
>suplexes his dad

Attached: 1527452947260.jpg (552x437, 26K)

Where did V get the money to hire Dante? He manifested a few weeks before the start with literally nothing (not even clothes).

No, they’re hilariously OP and need to be balanced as such. Plus they force variety into your moveset. Losing an Overture, Gebera, or Punchline makes you act differently and approach situations in a new tactical way

sucking cock

Holy shit, I suck ass at playing Dante.

Attached: 1473856563260.gif (350x197, 1.98M)

He’s hard to play, user.
Nothing wrong with sacrificing two of his swords either, or two of his guns. That’s how DMC3 was balanced

Dante, Balrog alone fucking blows everything out of the water.

Playing SoS with DT Nero and Max Act makes him way more fun as a character.

Vergil likely had some hefty bank accounts stored away from before Temen Ni gru, both for living expenses and funding his research and activities.

I sincerely doubt he lived in a gutter before that

>nero crying about being called dead weight on like 4 seperate occasions
he really cant live that down can he

So is it me, or are the starting difficulties insultingly easy?
Also, the story sucks ass, but then again that's always been the case.
Anyways, Nero > Dante > V
Nero is just all around well balanced and some Buster Arms give you neat utility.
Dante was still overwelming, but then I realized Trickster was too nerfed to bother switching to and Gunslinger has always been crap compared to Swordmaster.
V has so many fun little tools and abilities that you never need to use since you can consistently get S+ ranks by just mashing while summoning Nightmare every now and then.
I'm praying that the higher difficulties salvage this mess.

Attached: 1533404386061.jpg (771x807, 96K)

He was robbing people in dark alleys, no joke

Attached: 1541998398419.png (849x481, 273K)

>Trickster was too nerfed
What, it has infinite ground dash without DT, two teleports and triple air dash with DT after getting Dante. If anything it's the strongest it has ever been

>but then I realized Trickster was too nerfed to bother switching to and Gunslinger has always been crap compared to Swordmaster
Entire post disregarded.

considering you can buy whatever Breakers you want and potentially have an arsenal of 8 Punchlines, not really.

disregard that, I suck dark souls with liiiiiiiiiggggght

stick with one sword and one gun for now.

also stick with one style until it clicks, then move on to another style.

Learning the fifth incarnation of Dante is basically like learning a musical instrument.

t. hasn't even played the game yet.

Dante

>thread asks what character you like the most
>someone says they think Nero is boring
>a hundred buttblasted Nero defenders get triggered
>y-you are just bad

Explain yourselves. Why are you such sensitive bootyblasted faggots?

Are you borderless fullscreen? Switch to fullscreen

Just use Balrog

>they
Discord tranny detected.

t. ESL-kun

Dante+DT+bike weapon is fucking overpowered.
Best AoE in the game and instant SSS

>tfw dont know where to bind revving with nero
>tfw can only ex-act like 2 attacks consistently and as soon as I get hit even once I fuck up like 20 times until I'm back in the groove
I love this game but I wish I wasn't so fucking shit at it.

Attached: 1551781413710.jpg (899x899, 326K)

Literally just keep playing. You'll get better and the game will reward you for it. That's the best part about DMC.

That's the plan, however I changed my gamepad since my DMC4 days so everything feels weird now and my muscle memory is fucked (not that it was ever that great, but you get my point).

Time to git gud.

Attached: 1509890066316.jpg (600x600, 104K)

>someone
>one
>they
You really showed him ResetEra fagpai

I know what you mean, mate. I've got a Xbone and a PS4 controller, but recently still bought a Dualshock 3 off ebay, for this very reason.

Yes, you can follow up someone (singular) with they to mean multiple unspecific people, you retarded shitskin.
Keep being triggered that you have to stoop to grammar insults and still lose the argument.

Go back to school, retard.

Maybe your country will eventually build one. Faggots like you don't have a choice but to keep doubling down on their stupidity. So, keep going.

I was born and raised in NYC, retard. Stop embarrassing yourself.

>never played DMC before
>get to play as dante
>overwhelmed by all his shit
>just mash through all his weapons randomly
>mashing SWORDTRICKGUNROYALGUARDSWOTRISWOTRIGUNSLINGER with shotgun nuchuck action breakdancing around like I'm having a seizure
>get SSS
this game is fuckin rad

Attached: 1530443756051.jpg (1000x1631, 754K)

Lying will not help your case, shitskin.
But I do believe you are from NYC. Some middle eastern shit-hole with the same name.

dante >>> v > nero
but to be honest i literally never used devil breakers aside from the grip and aoe explosion so im sure i missed out on a ton of his depth there

>fully realized, the hat is the sickest shit in the game
>no one talks about it other than to call it cringe

Look up the rules on pronoun-antecedent agreement and stop being an fucking ignorant cocksucker. Don't be too sad that you live in some flyover wasteland.

Attached: whereami.png (1920x1080, 649K)

Get better timing. Exseed is super strong and super fun.

this is he only true answer.

Nero got a lot of new stuff that makes him the most fun character.

Fuck V, he a shit.

I just finished the whole game on DH just kinda microing
Very upset that there is autopilot

>make claim that you can't back up with anything at all
>avoid the initial post because you are mad
>instead "try" go for the grammar insult
Yeah, three big signs for your intelligence right here. Fuck off already, Muhammed. Isn't in already pretty late in the middle east right now?

Yes. I think it'd be too strong though.

Is there any reason to use the buster arm in NG+?

*trance music starts playing"

You can farm up orbs and get the max act skill early because its really good in giving you full rev with just one good input instead of 3. That's basically what I did when I saw it

Devil breakers plus grapple make Nero my favorite. Dante has more tools but they aren't as fun to mess around with IMO.

Dante = Post game Nero > V >>>>>>>Nero
I love V's mage/summon gameplay and meteor summoning/riding Nightmare but the other 2 have more options to play with.

Dante by a mile.
V is too ez and Nero too basic.

More damage and superarmor when charged

Dante but he gives me hand cramps if I want to maintain s+ rank.
Post game devil bringer Nero is also great.