Berseria was made using an engine built for last gen consoles (360, PS3)

>Berseria was made using an engine built for last gen consoles (360, PS3)
>No new mainline games this entire generation, nothing but mobile shit and a remaster
>Next gen console are about to be revealed
>Still no news 3 - 4 years later of a new engine or mainline Tales games

What are you expecting for the next game? Think they are going to entirely reboot the franchise in terms of gameplay, presentation, and execution? Cross gen title like Berseria, or strictly current or next gen?

Attached: 1551807037679.png (204x132, 20K)

Berseria 2 please

>Cross gen title like Berseria, or strictly current or next gen?
The game may be going to be for current gen.
Also, I hope they use Live2d Euclid and maybe with BOTW like physics?

Attached: Live2D-Euclid-1.gif (320x198, 1023K)

>the mobileshit is turn-based

Attached: catto.jpg (3456x4608, 2.03M)

I hope for a different battle system.

>Think they are going to entirely reboot the franchise in terms of gameplay, presentation, and execution?
Most of the issues with post-Vesperia/Destiny DC Tales games is trying to reinvent the wheel, so that is highly doubtful.

i hope they finally revamp that shitty graphics / art direction they've been using for like four games now

Don't bother trying to get into it. Western release will probably shut down in just a few months anyways.

Playing Berseria right now. It's pretty cool story-wise so far. I like it when the story is on the darker side. Most anime shit is too light hearted for me.

I really hope they make some major gameplay changes. Zesitira and Berseria were pretty damn terrible in that regard. Mashy, restrictive and generally unfun. The rpg mechanics also really have to be improved upon. They have done away with all the character unique passive and active skills. No unique gear, just millions of pieces of the same shit that you have to arduously break down or refine. I am also really tired of the look of recent Tales games and I hope they change up the engine along with the visuals in general. Xillia, Zestiria and Berseria all look the same. Last but definitely not least they really have to start building attractive worlds again. Fields in Xillia, Zestiria and most of Berseria were mostly large, flat, uninspired fields with some lazy textures slapped on and hundreds of mobs dropped in to fill the big emptiness. Some areas felt like they were ripped straight of out some shitty Korean free-to-play MMORPG from a decade ago. And let's not even start about the dungeons. When 95% of them look like picture related it should be pretty clear that something is very wrong.

Attached: zestiria dungeon.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

If sony keeps censoring Jap games, then yeah. I hope not.

It's not about censoring. Bamco shut down Rays in the west not even a year in without giving any reasons. It's most likely because it didn't really bring in revenue, but that should've been fucking expected when it was never advertised.

You know they're just gonna use UE4 like all their most recent stuff. Its gonna end up like Code Vein or GE3 probably.

The last passable Tales game was Graces f so maybe it's time to let the series rest in peace instead of putting out shitty games.

Fuck off, Rays fags. Go back to your fagfilled discord servers.

>not Xillia 2

Attached: 1545767029351.jpg (609x570, 29K)

Fuck off underage

I didn't really think the Tales fan base was particularly large so I guess I'm not surprised.

Graces f was trash anyway

>What are you expecting
Nothing. And I'm not joking.

I mean, the last passable final fantasy game was on PS2 and yet they keep trying to pump those out. In that regards Tales has had a more recent better game than final fantasy.

>the last passable final fantasy game was on PS2
You've been meme'd hard