What's the appeal of this game?

What's the appeal of this game?

I downloaded it to try it out since one of the streamers I frequent played it. I reached level 12, I was melting everything with mindlessly right click first, left click second.

Is it the low effort, high reward aspect of the game? Is it the monster killing hoping that your next kill will be lucky, making it a poor man's gambling game?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And just for the record, this is the build what I was planning to follow pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

>Lol whats so fun about this game I got 10 minutes in and it was so easy lol does it ever get hard?
Sounds like an unbiased assessment to me.

>Is it the monster killing hoping that your next kill will be lucky, making it a poor man's gambling game?
Nigga, you kill tons of monsters, you get showered with loot, and you repeat forever until something great drops that helps your build become stronger, or you can sell for currency to buy stuff to make your build stronger.

That's the genre. How fucking complicated is this?

Endless runner style game - you kill things, get equipment, to kill more things to get stronger equipment to kill more things

I find that I dislike these games as I got older on PC but quite enjoyed Diablo 3 on the Switch - I think it's the fact that you're mostly just clicking is kinda pointless

>That's the genre. How fucking complicated is this?
Not at all, which is why I'm disappointed.

>I reached level 12
you're still in the tutorial m8

Warframe isn't better either. Here's your badass cyborg ninja, go kill 1000 drones that cannot aim for shit, while you're mashing jump and dash for bullet jumps.

How the fuck do these games have faggots who play 300+ hours of the same shit? What kind of fucking autopilot braindead idiot finds it a worthy investment of their time? At least play a genre that requires planning or thinking.

>enjoyed
>Diablo 3
>switch
Your opinion is worth less than nothing

The appeal is grabbing health nodes until you're able to kill dozens of enemies at a time, eventually getting an item you already have but with better numbers on it or currency that lets you trade for an item you actually want.

It's a skinner box, where you use one ability for the entire game and focus on increasing it's DPS for bigger numbers

Some games do require some semblance of planning, like knowing what skills to take,hat areas to farm, etc.

But ultimately it just is a simple "kill things, hope you get good drops, repeat"

>Not at all, which is why I'm disappointed.
Dissapointed in fucking what? You really have no idea how Diablo-style games work?

The whole point is to take a build and min-max it to the highest possible degree, so you can take on the hardest content in the game, which will absolutely wreck you otherwise. And you do that by grinding randomized loot, and either hoping for good drops (every rare item can have 6 mods on it, and they're randomly rolled both in what mod shows up, and what "level" it is, meaning the odds of perfect items is astronomically low) which is why the game is centered around killing huge packs of mobs and repeating maps over and over, because more kills = more rolls of the dice for better items.

You trade with other players to make currency to buy or craft your perfect gear, and you try and complete as many of the season challenges as you can.

That's the game. Don't like it? Don't play it.

The first half of the game has been severely nerfed over the years, especially with the newest skills allowing you to run on auto pilot without any gear for a while

its a skinner box for autists. once youve played one league youve played them all. use an aoe build and dash everywhere. congrats youve beaten elder and completed all maps.

You can stop after you're done with the story if you want. Either end after chapter 10 or when you complete Zana's story.

neck yourself you cretinous little gobshite

>Not at all, which is why I'm disappointed.
Start using your own builds instead of looking someone elses build, play Solo-Self Found on Hardcore. There, should be complicated enough.

What's so fun about losing hours of progress because of one mistake? Only NEETs have the free time to play game modes like that.

>Wahhh! This game is overly easy and its boring!
>I don't play HC because its too hard!
Fucking make up your mind.

PoE is pretty fast once you get some progress going on. Dying in solo hardcore isn't that bad because you still have excess gear in your stash and end game progress doesn't reset. It's not like you start from square one.

Also it's not fun losing progress, but the adrenaline spikes you get during those near-death experiences are great. I assume that you aren't very competitive person.

Permanently losing progress because of one death is artificial difficulty.

Here's your (You).

Go back to Fortnite.

You don't permanently lose anything. One character you died with, and the gear they're wearing gets sent to Standard. Your progress on HC isn't reset, you still have your stash there, your map completions, and your challenges.

If you don't want to lose the character, don't die. That's literally the point, be more careful and use better builds and don't make dumb mistakes. It's not artificial, it's a self-imposed challenge.

If that's too much of a challenge, then just play Standard.

Or don't play since that's what you seem to want.

PoE is a shit game

>T. Casual fag
Then play Softcore SSF and make your own build. Problem solved.

>self-imposed challenge

That's literally artificial difficulty.

As opposed to what? Is your implication that the game doesn't also have non-artificial difficulty? That without the choice of taking the hardcore challenge, the game is just completely devoid of difficulty?

Because I don't see how you can make that case, while also calling Hardcore "difficulty", artificial or otherwise.

thats the genre lel

That is exactly what I am implying. If the game is not interesting or challenging enough that you have to impose such a self-flagellating restriction on yourself to make it such, then it is a shit game.

>If the game is not interesting or challenging enough
First you claim the game is not challenging enough, then youre afraid of dying a single time in the game. Most casuals hit the wall in Kitava Act 10 and beyond because they did the rookie mistake of not building enough defences. Also dying on maps is not recommended because it comes with an XP penalty in Softcore as well. Higher your level is, more that xp penalty is going to hurt.

But you don't know if the game is interesting or challenging enough because you never played it.

What you're saying is "If the game requires you to add extra challenge on top of it, it's shit", but that implies that literally everyone who plays the game only plays Hardcore, and they all do so because the game is not challenging enough. That ignores the fact that neither you, nor most of the players, will ever see one endgame boss, much less all of them.

Also, what of the Hardcore players that never play Standard, and only play on Hardcore because it's fun for them? They're not playing because the base game lacks challenge at all.

Your assertion is garbage, your opinion is shit, and it's pretty obvious from the fact that you watch streamers that you can't actually play games at all.

>if you don't like this you like Fortnite
The state of counterarguments

Imagine being so poor you have to play shitty F2P knockoff games for 500 hours.
Don't you people have jobs?
Because playing Warframe/Destiny/any looter shooter/ any diablo clone feels like but without getting paid.

>self-flagellating restriction
If it's an option that you choose in the game, is it really self-imposed? By that concept, no difficulty option is natural as long as there's a choice to choose otherwise. Why choose normal instead of easy? Normal is tedious in comparison.

>Don't you people have jobs?
It's mostly failing students that fall for the bait

>play the game in fullscreen
>easy 80+fps
>change to borderless window
>it shows 80+fps but is feeling like 20fps
Fuck this piece of shit game.

What kind of no-life, jobless retard plays video games?

Nigga go get laid or something. Fuck is wrong with you 'Lol beep boop level up! Wahoo!" grow the fuck up.

Turn off Dynamic Resolution.

it's turned off

>consolewarring out of nowhere
Get your underage poor shitskin thirdworlder ass out of here you fucking nigger.
Shows what kind of playerbase these games attract.

What kind of no-life, jobless retard shitposts on Yea Forums?
Nigga go get laid or something. Fuck is wrong with you 'Lol I'm pretending to be retarded! Wahoo!" grow the fuck up.

This but unironically.

100% MMO grind with 0 roleplay or story

>MMO
>Roleplay
>Story

I'm sorry, is this 1999?

You know what I mean. There's absolutely no effort put into the game outside of equipment, stats, passives, and c.. *cough* combat.

The appeal of the genre, for most people, is making a build work. Others enjoy the shitty economy aspect. Others like me enjoy the gameplay to a certain degree.
That's all there is to this genre, after all. Also hardcore is shit.

Attached: 1549850859711.jpg (1280x720, 345K)

>There's absolutely no effort put into the game outside of equipment, stats, passives, and c.. *cough* combat.
Are you the same faggot that's complaining about everything else?

Because the story is actually decent, the only reason you might have an issue with it is if you are illiterate and just don't read anything that's put in front of you because "Its a video game, if its not voice acted at me, it's not part of the world."