The great debate

The great debate

Attached: 51DFE4MVJEL.jpg (707x500, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69e8oa85F3g
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54028FD9AAF91943
youtube.com/watch?v=7aTT7hcVpN8
youtube.com/watch?v=NiiPXuW5jOY
youtube.com/watch?v=QoqDAzDpqhg
youtube.com/watch?v=2FnD-JKXRVU
youtube.com/watch?v=oK311jygFy4
youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_f7rdFD4
youtube.com/watch?v=SsLTDv2lKE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 220px-Nfsu-win-cover.jpg (220x312, 27K)

most wanted is so fucking overrated and repetitive, i dont get why everyone has such a hard on for it.

prostreet

Attached: Midnight_Club_II.jpg (640x908, 104K)

Underground 2

>repetitive
literally every game in this series

/thread

Attached: 1479185201413.jpg (460x464, 25K)

Carbon. Fite me

NFSU2
>Better graphics
>Much better handling model, game isn't mash throttle to win
>Tuning blows NFSMW out of the water, can make your car handle exactly how you like instead of having a slider between grip and drift
>Customization far better than MW
>Iconic soundtrack
>AI cheats but cheats far less than the complete bullshit in MW
>Better races
>More variety of races

carbon says hello

fpbp as usual

Attached: 1539969071774.jpg (644x650, 148K)

It’s not a debate. Underground 2 will forever be the greatest in the series and possibly the best racing game of all time.

Underground 2>Most Wanted>Underground

Most wanted. Hands down.

Except Most Wanted is just "Evade cops for X minutes to advance story" instead of Underground 2's huge selection of events and tracks

Underground 2 because most wanted has sun.

Most wanted is really only good for the cop chases. Everything else Underground 2 does better.

YOU ALL POST MC2 BUT NONE OF YOU WILL PLAY IT

Does Most Wanted have this?
youtube.com/watch?v=69e8oa85F3g
Checkmate libtards

Attached: 1551405156227.png (857x1202, 2.07M)

U2 is shit, MW is king
correct

>better graphics
wut

Most Wanted looked like AIDS

I would play it but my PS2 died a few weeks ago
so I'm stuck with 3 on the PSP

Even if Yea Forums tries to play it I doubt they'll get past paris lmao
It's on PC too so get on it nerd

You're delusional. There's plenty of races mixed in with MW's cop stuff

its on PC and you can play it online no hassle but I never see Yea Forums wanting to go for a drive

Not as many as UG2, and they're generally "Mash the throttle through a road as wide as an aircraft carrier is long and hope the AI doesn't rubberband past you at 400MPH"

UG2 races suck, URL races aren't fun. MW has fun races, UG1 has fun races, UG2 doesn't

Those are the only two in the series I've played and I liked MW better so there's your answer.

I did my part and painstakingly finished the story a few years ago. I never really wanted to play it again after that.

>UG2 races suck
>Forgetting StreetX
>Forgetting downhill drift
>Forgetting Sprints through the city
>Forgetting outruns
>Forgetting URL races where every AI car has better top speed and acceleration because you stuck with the corolla but you make up for it by taking corners at 4G

>MW has fun races
Okay retard

I don't fight the disabled.

My problem with ug2 was that I was MILES ahead of the other AI racers which is retarded and non-competitive.

Same

You gotta play on hard and use a slow car

MW is to NFS what hardline is to battlefield

streetx isnt fun, the tracks are just 90 degree turns
drifting is more fun in carbon
sprints through the city are fine but too few and far between
outruns are ok too but easily abused
URL races arent fun if you dont use a meta car. in a supra or a mustang or evo or anything that's not a lightweight car you have to wallride or get overtaken

and there was no need call me a retard user

But I want to go FAST

>Customization far better than MW
There's more part variety but you're forced to pick certain ones in order to get your visual rating high enough for magazine covers.

Attached: hlxw1wl1jyf21.jpg (3044x2543, 1.29M)

haha oh god no it isn't

but user dont you want to race online
i want to race online
someone please race me online

>streetx isnt fun, the tracks are just 90 degree turns
Sounds like you didn't progress past the first group of races
>drifting is more fun in carbon
Drifting is easier because of the watered down handling and auto countersteer. Fun is subjective but it's not my idea of fun.
>URL races arent fun if you dont use a meta car
I have fun trying to beat races with a trash car

You can remove parts after the magazine missions or just get a separate car for stupid levels of ricing, which is what I did because I wanted a ridiculous car without having to ruin the looks of my main one

>Zoomers, the thread
Step aside, kiddies.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 20K)

>UG, UG2, MW and PS Online servers are dead
>Carbon somehow managed to dodge the bullet

Attached: 1551708196236.jpg (655x614, 70K)

>when the first post is also the best post

nah son ps2 hot pursuit is the best one

Attached: 1487404830525.jpg (502x600, 88K)

>Sounds like you didn't progress past the first group of races
user i've 100%ed ug2 once as a kid and once recently. i know bayview like the back of my hand.
but compared to other games, NFS series included, UG2 falls short in a lot of ways

>tfw Australia got an Australian version with Holden's and Fords

Carbon

Attached: images (39).jpg (270x342, 18K)

this

>hey yo punk! check out my new ride!

Rubberbanding in MW is probably the worst I've seen in a racing game. Legit made me mad and I usually don't get mad at games.

>NFS outside of underground

does anybody even care? I thought being able to drive around in NFSU2 would make it a better game, but NFSU1 just has this special charm about it

Except that if you go through the races, which is the best part of the game you're then stuck with a giant checklist of police chase homework which is just tedious to do.

you don't have to do those to progress

Pretty sure every blacklist member is X amount of races and Y amount of bounty. And at least 2 or 3 bounty challenges done.

you get more than enough bounty without going out of your way for it

where the fuck can i get a copy of shit like NFSU2/MW/carbon for pc nowadays? should i just pirate it?

Just the best racing game ever made coming through.

Attached: Takedown.jpg (640x908, 446K)

Tell that to the top 5 blacklist members and their ridiculous bountygates

don't know what you struggled with I played through mw recently and didn't even look at the bounty number

the answer to that debate exists

Attached: ps2_midnight_club_3_dub_edition_remix-110214.jpg (640x912, 126K)

how far were you guys able to get in this game?
i was only be able to get up to track 14 or something

that isnt even the peak of classic NFS

Attached: 1004004000002018.jpg (550x785, 79K)

to all the people that liked the Underground games: what do you think of NFS2015? it's basically a modern Underground game

NFSU2

MW has no chill (can't free-roam without cops on your ass all the time) and the city is unremarkable thus making the race tracks unremarkable.
I still do love the police chases though.

which one of these had the aquarium city and the underground temple ?

3. Was my favorite setpieces in that game.

I fucking hate Most Wanted because of the shitty forced storyline involving cops and cops get in the way of racing and all those mode. Underground 2 was it peak due to not having cops involved. I just want to race with a bunch of cars. Fuck getting cops involve.

Graphics wise Most Wanted graphics aged like milk while Underground 2 aged like wine. Gameplay wise Underground 2 also wins, it has varied places and races, Most Wanted is repetitive and every place you go is the same gloomy brown shit

Attached: CB023D0B20D24EC687A91A697B73E3FA.jpg (540x540, 19K)

She got the power of the hootchie
I got the fever for the flavor of the cootchie
And did I mention, hey pay attention
Gonna take that bootie to the nudie dimension
I got the green glow under my car
I got the boom boom system you can hear real far

Attached: Man_yelling.jpg (350x268, 9K)

Underground 1/2 are rice fests tuner culture, MW has hard muscle and cops, carbon has a bit of everything with some balance issues but all of them are nice

>Graphics wise Most Wanted graphics aged like milk while Underground 2 aged like wine.
You mean the other way around? UG2 I can see the polygons on every car on max settings, while MW maintains a nice style that makes the cars look like they're real. I will admit the blur that invades the whole screen once you go over 200km/h is annoying as shit though, and the buildings look like trash, but those do so too in UG2.
>Gameplay wise Underground 2 also wins, it has varied places and races, Most Wanted is repetitive
Did you even play UG2? It's far, FAR more repetitive than MW. Especially the URL races which seem to go on forever once you unlock them for your stage.

>taking corners at 4G
The AI does that on top of being faster for no reason
It also has a tendency to make you spin out, ram you like fucking crazy, which is further helped by the cars total lack of weight
>sprints through the city
Rockport lent itself to far better tracks, Waterfront was a favourite of mine and I used to shit over anyone whenever it came up in rotation on NFS World.
>outruns
They're boring and bugged, I lost more than a few because the game cannot fucking tell who's the leader whenever the AI goes somewhere else in an intersection

based

I finished it on the very first xbone, the last two missions were hellish, desu. The maps were long as fuck and there were those shitty 90° turns and bumpers everywhere near those narrow roads.

The thing I like about the graphics in UG2 is the art style, the night time, the lights and tuner cars. MW lacks appeal, everything is gray and brown with excessive brightness and blur, I get it that it's a fad from the mid 00's, but that shit is ugly. The repetitiveness is present in both, but the AI and rubberbanding in MW is much more annoying, specially since you HAVE to do pursuits to be able to get to the next challenger in MW, and the cops are constantly losing you even if you try to keep the on your back, not to mention you have to do those annoying milestones and the bounty system

>NFSU, NFSU2 and podracer were the peak of racing vidya
Feels bad man

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54028FD9AAF91943

youtube.com/watch?v=7aTT7hcVpN8
youtube.com/watch?v=NiiPXuW5jOY
youtube.com/watch?v=QoqDAzDpqhg
youtube.com/watch?v=2FnD-JKXRVU
youtube.com/watch?v=oK311jygFy4
youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_f7rdFD4

Attached: 1540368806352.jpg (470x512, 67K)

the tuning in u2 blows mw out the fucking water

MC3 remix is soulless
the original is better
also what the fuck is DUB edition is a non-DUB edition never existed

It hurts me to see how a once great series of racing games faded into obscurity thanks to EA shitty bussiness tactics

>hating a game because of 15 minutes worth of cutscenes you can skip

>complaining about difficulty in a game that's not even difficult

>u2's broken tuning system blows MW out of the water despite MW's sliders actually working and doing their intended function

>remix is soulless despite being literally the original game but with extra cars and music

hey Yea Forums how about you just stop talking about racing games for now yeah?

What even is DUB?

Love this game, probably the only game that made me throw a controller though
>hitting consecutive apexes sideways at 200mph like a mad cunt
>last corner van right at the exit of the corner
shit was scripted to fuck you over at some points

How was it broken? How did UG2's sliders not do exactly what they say? How can anybody but a worthless casual defend the ultra babby mode """"""tuning"""""" in MW?

I didn't say it's difficult, it's easy, repetitive and annoying

youtube.com/watch?v=SsLTDv2lKE4

Attached: nfs-mania_perso_neville_01.jpg (800x640, 53K)

because by tuning a part and then unequipping it, equipping a different part, turning up the sliders for that and then reequipping the part you had before you can increase cars stats beyond what was intended. it's a horribly broken tacked on tuning mechanic.
i mean for fuck sake you can leave a rubberband around your analog stick on the ECU slider and leave the game for a few hours and over time it will keep increasing your horsepower

don't give up, user. keep flashin those beams.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

i found someone to race today but not from Yea Forums
why doesn't Yea Forums want to go fast?

MC3 is just a soulless game, period. taking out competitor radio chatter makes you feel so alone. they were smart to add it back in MCLA.

I like both to be honest

based and speedpilled

>That guy who picked Miata instead of Civic/240sx as a starter

Attached: 1490509746051.jpg (1155x1077, 266K)

yes. 3do is the best one

Attached: nfs.webm (648x480, 2.07M)

sounds to me like you dont like cornering

Attached: 1547630408528.jpg (1280x1440, 250K)

I finished it on pc on keyboard
It was hell that final fucking mission I had to ram him into a corner and wedge him there

TO THE WINDOW TO THE WALL

>Initial Niggers

>ctrl+f “high stakes”
>0 results

You’re all plebs.

Attached: CF632C6A-1961-448D-9F9A-BF2BB8490B92.jpg (650x650, 88K)

f me

Attached: mc2.png (438x463, 24K)

shift was good, mostly because you could stick a 1200 horsepower engine in a complete shitbox
it was a completely uncontrollable mess and you'd crash every ten seconds but they still let you do it, which was cool

underground 2

Attached: SPEED2_2019_02_27_03_16_02_857.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

how the fuck does this even make sense?
Remix is 3 with more cars, customisation, songs and fucking Tokyo

Lets do this

Attached: e9c8cf3acdaee8e7934facdca91def05.png (722x109, 97K)

TOO MUCH HYPE MON

Attached: Nfsc_darius.jpg (800x600, 29K)

Attached: file.png (220x271, 130K)

MC3 Dub Edition is definitely the best PS2 arcade racer (aside from Burnout 3), the quality content is through the roof compared to Need for Speed

Attached: 20190310213219_1.jpg (640x480, 56K)

>take out competitor chatter
>add in better maps
>huge ass selection of licensed cars
>even bigger selection of cars
>better gameplay
>more race types
>part of the MC2 soundtrack plus more
yeah ill take it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Underground 2 easily.

Attached: mc3.webm (638x480, 2.77M)

>tfw MC3 Dub Edition hasn't gotten any Backwards Compatibility or porting

Feels fucking terrible

>expect shitty movie tie in game
>is actually Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4
what the fuck

Attached: 1004004004918371.jpg (550x793, 79K)

>the feels when I heard this song in Driver SF and realized where I heard it before

>entering a SUV race in a fucking Jetta

Attached: WO5aF5L.jpg (443x505, 37K)

Man, I always wanted this game and looked for it at every store, every fucking clerk insisted I was talking about NFS.

>yeah let me get uhhh fast and furious
>"oh hey there lil buddy, you mean need for speed underground :)"
>"no, i mean fast and furious, its literally called like that
>"haha yeah buddy, look, we grown ups call it need for speed :)"

seriously fuck all those guys

Attached: angry wojak.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>has literally penetrated its way into barricades of SUVs, took down donut signs, probably killed plenty of officials crushed during car crashes and must had caused millions in Cost to State at Rockport
>gets totaled because some pipes fell down from a truck

Attached: n6Jnyeb8P0Xq3Pns8w9Zcq6Ka3H_kF80KT7ZLM92nm4.jpg (1024x646, 401K)

>add in better maps
you mean easier. they turned every road into a five lane highway
>huge ass selection of licensed cars
brand names don't automatically make a racing game good
>even bigger selection of cars
sure
>better gameplay
yeah love how the frame rate drops on every race that features weather effects
>more race types
they completely dumbed unordered races the fuck down by making it so there's only a handful of points to hit instead of MC2 which would have at the very least 10.
>part of the MC2 soundtrack plus more
they don't share tracks at all and there's maybe five good tracks with mostly filler tracks including a shit ton of reggae tracks which doesn't make sense at all for a fast past arcade racer

For a series in which the story shouldn't be the focus, I was very interested in its cheesy 00's lore. Would like to see it expanded.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

bada dum dum dum

The Blacklist from Most Wanted blew my feeble mind at the time.

>All the locations in NFS games are fictional except the SHIFT games and Run
>Payback, which takes place in not-vegas, makes references to MW2005, Prostreet, and Run
I'm curious if there's any continuity in the series, aside from the obvious MW2005-Carbon and arguably Prostreet

>pro street
I hate how my favorite car is stuck in that game and only that game.

Attached: NFSPUBoxArt.png (549x640, 425K)

Yes. I liked that every character got a little info about them.

My man, Payback literally has Cross making an appearance in a dialogue. He was saying how the not-vegas Department was corrupt and he was tired of their shit.

I feel like The Run shouldn't be canon, though.

Attached: central_casting_recall.jpg (600x362, 46K)

the living embodiment of audi drivers

I personally like racing games with licensed vehicles only if because I wouldn't ever drive them in real life like I would in a game, let alone style them like that.

Supposedly it's the same guy through underground to ug2 to most wanted, carbon and perhaps prostreet.
The deepest lore is knowing that the titanfall 2 protag shares the surname of the prostreet protag, is that why rifleman cooper is so fast? His far ancestor was the best driver?

whoever did the wardrobe for the live action cutscenes sure had some interesting ideas about style

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

I remember I used to watch my older brother play the first NFS underground and I'd roleplay as his race assistant, i'd even mimic the shitty spanish accent the game dub had, and the guy got angry one day because the AI kept cheating and started beating me up once I said something

Most Wanted easily.

don't even try, most people here haven't played the PC version. literally the best need for speed

objectively correct
>youll never play as a yellow ferrari enzo while being chased by the cops ever again

The TFK's outfit were pretty funny. I mean, what is the need of wearing a fuckin' trench coat to just race?

Attached: Wolf_TFK.jpg (640x480, 36K)

>that spoiler
Okay that might be stretching it a bit but while we're at it

Attached: n5xsYj2[1].jpg (3000x1500, 386K)

I suppose the Underground and Most Wanted are two different fellas. But they could be the same person as well.

For me, it's Hot Pursuit 2
It's really funny that the PS2 version is superior to the PC version in terms of graphics and gameplay. Except the PC version has better 3d models of the cars. It's a real bummer desu

Attached: pcsx2_2019_03_05_15_44_58_435.jpg (1440x1080, 282K)

its the same guy one of the characters says something like "you came out of the dark" since underground was always night time.

okay the quote was wrong its actually "look what the Underground dug up, lets see how good you do in the daylight"

FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER

Reminder to get a car so you can listen to the UG2 soundtrack and drive at incredible hihg speed on the highways outside your city at night

burnout 3

the choice of a patrician

literally the best game if it just had more than porsches, best stages in any NFS ever

Burnout 2: Point of Impact is the patricians choice