Gwyn

Is it possible to beat him without parrying?
I'm an absolute brainlet at parrying, so I need to know.

Attached: 51z3pcn4yxL.jpg (329x500, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nIILl_qH_h0?t=12
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

yeah I didn't even know you could parry him the first time i played

yes it is
go two handed and just dodge at the appropriate times and youll get good openings and damage in
just dont get too greedy with dealing damage and youll be fine

Is that the cover of the comic book? I thought about getting it. Anyone else read it?

You don't even need to dodge if your poise is high enough.

Yes, it's fucking easy. I knew about the parrying when I went in and I didn't bother with it.
Because I had a Black Knight Halberd.

Strong attack with the zweihander and its over

never parried even once on my entire first playthough and still died only once to him.

Yes I beat him rather easily without parrying
t. fellow brainlet

crystal soul spear.
Magic was really broken in the first game, not as bad as 2 but still if you got all the items (big hat's staff, the headband from ghost lady, the ring), you'd drop him and any other boss other than maybe Manus near immediately

I've seen a few pages. Looks like shit, honestly.

Seems to be the soundtrack CD cover

to add
if you do enough damage to him he will stagger because his poise isnt all that high either
just make sure to watch your stamina bar because letting that run out will fuck you

Here's the super pro tip that makes almost every lategame DS1 boss trivial: convert Sif's soul into a greatshield and equip it (other greatshields work too, just not as well and you may actually have to git a little bit gud). Hold L1 as necessary to block attacks. Win.

the first time I beat Dark Souls I didn't know what parrying is

Looks like a normal comic to me. I dont know if comixology unlimited has it available. About to see and download some chapters.

just hide behind a stone and punish him for being a fucking retard

Circle him around ash pillars, it’s going to make him miss a lot of attacks
That’s what I did on my first playthrough

kek it's ridiculous how this works, I was getting my ass kicked by Manus and then I went and did this, came back and beat Manus on the first try that I was using the shield
Only time I used that shield, though.

entirely
the first time I ever beat him I was rolling around him with the dark wood grain ring and using the gargoyle halberd roll attack
was easy peasy

New to DS1 here. How do I convert bosses souls into itens?

Giant Smith in Anor Londo
You need to upgrade a weapon type all the way regularly before you can convert it. Just get some cheapo throwaway swords or shields or whatever to turn into a boss weapon.

Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo

Thanks.

IIRC the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo can convert upgraded normal items into unique items using souls of bosses. In case of the greatshield of Artorias you'll obviously need a normal shield.

This but for every souls boss

Pretty sure you just need something at +10, not fully upgraded.

Ah, yeah, forgot it was just +10.

Fuck, I made his greatsword instead.

Every enemy in the game is possible to beat without parrying. I'm also shit at parrying and never parried once.

Attached: 1533788326156.jpg (600x951, 143K)

>years of reading "Hahah, Gwyn is easy as hell, what a disappointing final boss, you can beat it without even thinking"
>play game for the first time
>get face kicked in repeatedly.
Was funny the first time.
Became frustrating after a while when I realized just how long the walkback was

Yes. Literally just hold up greatshield of artorias just like the rest of the game.

Can confirm; told my buddy about that on his first playthrough; the stamina hit is so minimal while using Greatshield of Artorias that everything is trivialized by it if you play patiently. He almost beat Manus on his first try just by keeping his guard up and attacking when there were openings. Didn't even know about Silver Pendant.

What gave you trouble with him?

They're garbage, desu. The writer doesn't seem to understand the themes of the series and has weird shit like Solaire kicking out a Warrior of Sunlight for getting pregnant.
If you want a Dark Souls comic your best bet is really Berserk and Conan comics.

>Solaire kicking out a Warrior of Sunlight for getting pregnant.
fucking whaaat
but that's another sun of the son
how dare you solaire

gotta wait till next play through numbdumb

It'd be weirder to let a pregnant woman fight.

I usually just put on full Havel's and trade blows with him while chugging estus.

>go two handed and just dodge at the appropriate times and youll get good openings and damage in
Gwyn's combos literally do not end, though, he's got infinity stamina. You either cheese him by kiting him around one of the pillars in the room and exploiting your weapon going through it, or parry him to death.

not true because he does stop
i too never parried once during my 1st and 2nd playthroughs
dodging and 2-handing him worked well enough

He doesn't stop for long enough for your own stamina bar to recover, especially not if you decide to get an attack in, you will get worn down eventually over time and then eat a hit unless you kite him around an object to buy some breathing room.

Doesn't matter since tanking with a high poise weapon is the easiest way to cheese him. You can get hit and chug right through any damage.

don't listen to this man's lies, yes they put a boss in the game that is impossible to beat unless you parry

dexcucks cant do that

Just get leveled and wear highest defense armor in the game. He can barely damage you.

poise is attached to armor in DaS1, a dexfriend can absolutely fatroll the fuck up in Havel's armor and cut Gwyn to the death with their +15 japanese steel

you dont really even need armor for that. Iron flesh works just fine. The challenge comes with trying to beat him without cheese

I have played the game thrice and not made a single successful parry. Just roll dude.

>Gwyn has his own magic school (lightning)
>Witch of Izalith has her own magic school (pyro)
>Pygmy has his own magic school (dark sorcery)
>Never not even once get to use Nito's magic school (necromancy)
It's not fucking fair

yes, i did twice

>Dark Souls 1 without cheese
Dex weapons are cheese.
Strength weapons are cheese.
Ranged weapons are cheese.
Status effects are cheese.
Shields are cheese
Spells, Pyromancy, Hexes, and Miracles are cheese.
Fast/mid-rolling is cheese
Leveling Dexterity, Endurance, is cheese.
Parrying is cheese.
Backstabbing is cheese.
Playing passively/reactively is cheese
I think I've heard all these arguments at one point or another. Souls has a wonderful community.

Nito's domain is death and you sure as hell kill a lot of things over the course of the game. Hell, every time you hurt something you Inflict Wounds on them!

Attached: file.png (391x233, 224K)

Shield gameplay for souls could use some improvement, maybe perfect blocking for stamina saves.

Perfect blocking already exists in the game (at least in Dark Souls 1) and saves you from being stunned as you would otherwise be when you get hit.
>youtu.be/nIILl_qH_h0?t=12
You can even do perfect blocks in PvP, though the execution is different and could be considered more of an exploit.

Am I the only one finds The Four Kings to be the hardest? I swear every time i try to do it normally I just end up getting fed up and just slap on Havels set to poise thru all the BS. Also that grab attack that tracks you PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF

Yes. On my first playthrough I was an absolute brainlet at everything, so I tanked him with some greatshield.

? he's trivially easy if you don't try to parry since you can't even fail the parry and take damage.

Every time you were supposed to parry just dodge instead and hit once. Done.

>just slapping on Havel's
That is how you do it "normally"

I beat O&S first time playing even though that was suppose to be the hard boss. The first boss was the hardest for me. And the ice dragon made me quit the game cause my fps dipped to like 20 and I raged cause my PC was high enough spec to run a game like that.

really? I just kill the fuckers in 4-5 hits

Four Kings are a DPS race and/or a test of how hard you can tank hits. That's about it.

I suck at parrying but he's really easy to do it to. Just block and then parry it on his second swing and you'll get him easy.