What a fucking joke of a company

Attached: maxresdefault (23).jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLPvyKvtbwE
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3072084/xbox-game-pass-nintendo-switch-rumour-debunked
nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/rumour_looks_like_xbox_game_pass_might_not_be_coming_to_switch_after_all
comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/04/xbox-game-pass-nintendo-switch/
gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-switch-wont-get-xbox-game-pass-anytime-soon-report-2003069
thegamer.com/windows-writer-xbox-game-pass-switch/
youtube.com/watch?v=hysQvJ769zU
youtube.com/watch?v=R39dHgGWhkM
youtube.com/watch?v=3gRBF6Ga9C8&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=70V9rBd6uL8&t=482s
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4b-EGr60U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>its real
What? Why?

Is console gaming dying?

Attached: 1537834540434.jpg (500x500, 86K)

literally every form of media is now being consumed via streaming except for gaming. microsoft is thinking of the future

video was uploaded back in October, why is it just now getting attention?

yeah and theres a good fucking reason gaming wont be consumed by streaming
unless you plan on playing walking simulators for the rest of your life

Because of recent rumors about the Switch getting an xCloud app. Nintendo friends just found out about it, so Yea Forums finally gives a shit.

Attached: B7qwrj4IgAI4VZn.jpg_large.jpg (640x960, 61K)

>Industry worked for year for a good way of minimising lag and providing solid experience throughout the game, but still keep the sizes and load times minimal
>Lol no just stream that shit lmao

>streaming video or music is anything like streaming games

Did you forget that PSNow has been doing this forever and is literally more retarded?

>renting games you already own because Sony doesn't want BC

But its not Sonys main focus

okay and xbone already offers BC and crossbuy so I don't see what the big deal is lol

>having options is bad

>msoft switching solely to video game streaming isnt major

You can employ hundreds of people and spend millions to make a game streaming service to play RDR 2 on PC before R* makes the PC version.

yeah a major fuck up
they should try it in 10 years again but right now vidya streaming isnt viable

Smart move.

More money for them on other platforms.

Attached: this is for the gaymers.png (1080x453, 66K)

>sony does streaming
>WHO CARES STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!
>ms does streaming but better
>WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY *makes same thread 20 times a day*

Attached: 1551737939494.png (633x900, 140K)

Wrong you fucking retard.

xCloud and Googles Streaming service all run on new tech thats really really good.

Google was testing it in browser by playing Assassins Creed Odyssey in chrome and it worked amazingly, hardly any impact, like playing on a pc or console.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLPvyKvtbwE

Microsoft is betting on the future and is the only company most suited to enact gaming via streaming with their Azure infrastructure while already being endemic to the industry with the Xbox brand. Package this as Netflix-esque service through game Pass and you've got the next big thing.

It's pretty fun watching all the so(n)yggers try to cope with the fact that their choice of plastic box is decades behind of what Microsoft will begin beta testing this year.

>wanting to play games with added input lag

Attached: 1537404734814.png (384x363, 226K)

input lag is only an issue in PS Now as its a fucking shit service

Microsoft E3 2019
>Xbox Scarlet, two new consoles in same style of Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
>Xbox Scarlet games playing natively on PC
>Many BC titles on PC including Xbox One, Xbox 360, and OG Xbox, expected to launch October 2019
>Xbox Scarlet game development will allow games to be sold on Xbox One/PC at discretion of publishers
>Xbox Game Pass expanded - day 1 first party/second party games, third party AAA games a couple months after launch, indie games all the time
>More studios acquired, expect at least 3 announcements
>Xcloud detailed, stream from your xbox console to your Switch/iOS/Android, will eventually offer subscription streaming from Microsoft Azure.
>Play Anywhere now applies to everything. If you own it digitally, download it to your Xbox or PC, or stream it to your Switch, iOS, Android device.
>Xbox Live Gold will continue to offer the best complimentary games for subscribers each month
>New Xbox controller variations. Standard, Elite, and Hybrid
>Halo Infinite
>Gears 5
>Fable RPG
>Ori and the Will of the Wisps
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Rocksteady DC game
>Harry Potter RPG
>Battletoads
>Killer Instinct
>More than 30 games shown off
>Xbox First Party games being ported to Switch: Ori and Cuphead

Meanwhile at Sony E3 2019
>*crickets*

Xbox is back baby.

And if you think none of these things are good for the gaming industry youre a fucking salty sony faggot

I only stream dumb videos, I don't like streaming anything else if it needs quality.

>343i (Halo)
>The Coalition (Gears 5 and 6 to finish the NuTrilogy, Gears Tactics, after that new IP)
>Playground Studio 1 (Forza Horizon)
>Playground Studio 2 (Fable ARPG)
>Compulsion Games (small scale story-driven adventures)
>Relic Entertainment (Age of Empires 4)
>Undead Labs (zombie survival)
>Mojang (Minecraft, who cares)
>The Initiative (Quadruple A "AAAA" third person action games [so far hired a bunch of devs from Rockstar, Sony Santa Monica, Crystal Dynamics and Insomniac)
>Ninja Theory (divided into 3 teams, all working on games on scale of Hellblade directed by Tameem) [3 teams]
>RARE (started working on a new IP and will let other studios work on their older IPs like with Battletoads atm) [2 teams]
>Turn10 (revolutionizing sim racers with Forza Motorsport 8)
>Obsidian Entertainment (new project directed by Sawyer already in development, best version of Outer Worlds in native 4k and 60FPS and possible sequels are exclusive) [2 teams]
>MSGP funding more 2nd and 3rd party games like Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Killer Instinct or Ori
>new Xbox Division in Asia
>inXile Entertainment (CRPGs) [2 teams]
>close to buying IO Interactive (Hitman), Giant Sparrow (What Remains of Edith Finch), and Turtle Rock Studios (Left 4 Dead)
>the best versions of multiplats
>native 4k 60fps
>backwards compatibility
>GamePass
>they're not censoring games unlike Snoy
>using the W10 store means you're in the Xbox ecosystem

Sony is LITERALLY on life support next-gen

Attached: xbro.jpg (1366x767, 646K)

>*crickets*
Not even that.

yes show those multiplats

>W10 Store

Attached: 1535632723439.jpg (825x959, 69K)

>Xbox First Party games being ported to Switch: Ori and Cuphead
Hasn't this been debunked?

Friendly reminder that Sony sold more unique console skins than unique first party games during Gen 8.
>20th Anniversary Limited Edition Console
>Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition Console
>Bloodborne Limited Edition Console
>Call of Duty: Black Ops III Limited Edition Console
>Champion's League Limited Edition Console
>Destiny Limited Edition - Black Console
>Destiny Limited Edition - White Console
>Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Console
>Dragon Quest Metal Slime Limited Edition Console
>FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD Suzaku Edition Console
>Frozen Limited Edition Console
>Hyperdimension Neptunia VII Limited Edition Console
>Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Limited Edition Console
>Psycho Break Limited Edition Console
>Star Wars Battlefront Limited Edition Console
>Street Fighter V Limited Edition Console
>The Last of Us Remastered Limited Edition Console
>Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Limited Edition Console
>Yakuza Zero Limited Edition Console
>Hatsune Miku Limited Edition Console
>Final Fantasy XV Luna Edition Console
>Gold Limited Edition Slim Console
>Silver Limited Edition Slim Console
>GT Sport Limited Edition Slim Console
>Call of Duty World War II Edition Slim Console
>Days of Play Limited Edition Slim Console
>Star Wars Limited Edition Slim Console
>Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle Limited Edition Pro Console
>Monster Hunter World Limited Edition Pro Console
>God of War Limited Edition Pro Console
>Gamestop Limited Edition Pro Console
>Kingdom Hearts III Limited Edition Pro Console
>Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Limited Edition Pro Console
>PS4 Pro "500 Million Limited Edition" Pro Console

Be sure to keep up with your console pog collection. Just $399.99 plus tip

Absolutely based.

Attached: 1537653035234.png (1038x936, 807K)

And now we form an alliance with Big N.
Because, we can't do it alone!!!

Attached: ku-xlarge.gif (640x360, 1.31M)

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3072084/xbox-game-pass-nintendo-switch-rumour-debunked
nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/rumour_looks_like_xbox_game_pass_might_not_be_coming_to_switch_after_all
comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/04/xbox-game-pass-nintendo-switch/
gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-switch-wont-get-xbox-game-pass-anytime-soon-report-2003069
thegamer.com/windows-writer-xbox-game-pass-switch/
youtube.com/watch?v=hysQvJ769zU
youtube.com/watch?v=R39dHgGWhkM
youtube.com/watch?v=3gRBF6Ga9C8&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=70V9rBd6uL8&t=482s
8:00

Shut up and stop posting Xbox games are coming to Switch, your stupid ass rumor got debunked 5 days ago, give it a rest. If you left that shit out I would agree with you.

>caring about halo anymore
>caring about gears anymore
>caring about fable anymore
>Cyberpunk is gonna be multiplat
>any rocksteady game will be multiplat
>caring about killer instinct

everything else is pretty good though, this coming from someone who mainly plays on xbox

Based

There's nothing wrong with any of these games

Don't a lot of people still have data caps in some countries these days? Seems like it's a few years early. Sony tried to force the streaming shit a while back and it failed for good reason.

HOPE YOU GAMERS LIVE NEXT TO A DATACENTER HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

all these sites just piggybacking off Brad Sams who only said that its not gonna happen anytime soon, which is understandable.
Streaming isnt gonna be fully fleshed out until 2021 at the earliest, but most likely 2024 will have many companies with streaming services.

They died last gen. Pre-built PCs don't count as consoles.

Look at all those UNCENSORED games.

delet this you bigot

Attached: 1536250779736.jpg (983x720, 120K)

halo, gears and fable have been getting more and more shitty. unless you guys are the type to think each time will be different. I'll admit killer instinct was a game i just dont personally like.

Then there is no reason to add Xbox Game Pass on Switch until it's finally decided.

based xchad

enjoy your ports, either way

Attached: 1533827968726.png (666x656, 113K)

No one ever claimed executives know what their industry does.

>xbros know about the living tribunal

Attached: 1551618684791m.jpg (675x1024, 36K)

Reminder that there are no such thing as xbox fans and this is all falseflagging from nincels

reminder that snoyggers dont buy games, but Xchads support game developers

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

I didn't known sekiro was coming to xbone

Yes. Even in America, internet speed is only good in cities and lucky towns.

It premiered at Microsoft's E3 last year.

>pre-ordering in 2019
>pre-ordering an edition that doesn't even give you physical bonuses that can help justify buying a game before you know the actual quality
>buying another stiff netherrealm fighter at all

Attached: Cody_brief.png (546x584, 357K)

Why though, I like to have physical copies of games when I can.

>keeping video game boxes
>changing discs
Pleb shit

Microsoft is run by retards. That's why.

Xbone was such a disappointment but I will wait until the next xbox/playstation iterations have been out for a year or so before I chose which one I will grab

no amount of crossplay and stream faggotry will save xbox from their orwell tier launch.
ded brand.

>2012-2013
>“Console gaming is dying and mobile gaming and streaming is the future!”
>Throughout the generation consoles and console games are selling better than ever and breaking records all the time

>2018-19
>“Console gaming is dying and mobile gaming and streaming is the future!”
>...

Are we really doing this again?

So Xbox is going to become Dreamcast 2.0, but have a redemption arc and reborn as Steam 2.0?

>Technology never improves

God just fucking kill yourself you dumb Boomer

>>Throughout the generation consoles and console games are selling better than ever and breaking records all the time
I'm sorry, did we not see the same generation?
Not a single game this gen that wasn't a crossgen game (Minecraft, GTA V, etc.) has come close to breaking the top 5 best selling games of all time.
Except maybe PUBG, and most of its sales were on PC.
This gen only made money because of all the console kids playing shitty F2P games and buying microtransactions (which they swear up and down they don't do).

Dude, even in-home streaming is still shit, and that's over my 1 gigabit local connection.
Sorry m8, but streaming is shit, and will be for at least the next 30 years, especially considering how important decreased latency is for competitive games.

>solely

Kinect 2: the Streamening

nice you got a game working thats 90% canned animations
how the fuck are you supposed to play a fighting game on it? or a online FPS?
we are still trying to nail down the perfect balance between inputlag/preformance to this very day and you think MS can just throw that all away for streaming by 2020?
dont even get me started on trying to market this to most of America wich still operate at garbage level internet speeds

I didn't realize your in-home streaming uses Microsoft's AI technology to predict input or pushes some processes to your device's native hardware to reduce input lag. Very cool.

>kinect failed
Got some bad news for you there bud

cool when are those new Kinect games coming out?
do they still sell Kinect Bundles?

No point in arguing technological improvements to the people who say shit like "HEH BUT YOU CANT FIX PHYSICS"

>predicting inputs
great use for slow walking simulators
terrible for games that require frameperfect inputs for high level gameplay

Oh yea, Microsoft's AI will reduce all the latency and make it great, just like the power of the cloud was going to make destruction insane in Crackdown 3 or make the Xbone way more powerful, huh?
I swear, you niggers get dumber and dumber every fucking day.

Is this image official? Why does it have a Playstation button (square) on the right?

Nah, this is more like "Power of the Cloud" 2: Electric Boogaloo

It...did. So hard they removed it from the Xbox One. The only game I ever had fun playing with Kinect was Skyrim. And that was because voice activated shouts and equipment/spell shortcuts were tits.

these idiots will fall for marketting every generation
remember how Kinect was going to become to future of playing games? how it would read body language perfectly and be able to project it flawlessy onto games?

It's already that.

>Xcucks are actually falling for MS marketting speak again
POWER OF THE CLOUD
THE XBONE WILL NEVER NEED A UPGRADE
GAMES WILL LOOK INFINITELY BETTER

Attached: gamescom 2015.webm (600x338, 1.28M)

I thought that was the case, it's similar here in the UK. Although most people won't have data caps, the speed just isn't there for this kind of thing. I'm on 70mb down but my friend 10 minutes or so away is on 2. Even with 70 though I wouldn't trust it to be stable and any sort of DC in a single player game would drive me mad.

Kinect was the biggest mistake Microsoft ever did, not because they tried to ride on the Wii's motion control success, but because they focused entirely on that piece of crap after it was released. I'm still amazed at how they shot their foot with a fucking shotgun, then shot it again when they revealed the Xbox One for the first time.

In my opinion they have recovered and the Xbox is by far a better option than the PS4, but it's a little too late at this point.

This

What marketing? This isn't a feature within a game. The entire service is predicated on this technology working. Equating some AA tacked-on multiplayer mode to leveraging the entirety of Microsoft's Azure is stupid. Ignoring Google's own success in their initial testing is ignorance. Accept the fact that physical media is soon to be obsolete.

speed of light isn't a technology and can't be improved you massive brainlet

>too little too late
How can anyone be this stupid? Ignore facts because they go against your narrative.

>Ignoring Google's own success in their initial testing is ignorance.
Kek, I was in that test and the latency was fucking dogshit.
No, streaming won't replace anything, especially not on PC where high refresh rates (and thus low latency) are paramount.

Attached: Input delay.png (1358x765, 326K)

The xbox one simply isn't a match for the ps4, people like to use the no games meme but Microsoft putting all of their exclusives on pc really killed the xbox brand. Not to mention that while the xbox has all the 3rd party games the ps4 has all those plus their exclusives, the xbox one just can't compete because it really doesn't have anything to bring to the table.

Kinect is still a commercial success in spite of it not selling well as a feature of Xbox.
Same will apply to Project Xcloud. Its a service which allows people who own an Xbox to play anywhere or lets non-owners subscribe to play xbox games. This isnt a feature that will sell to pathetic neckbeards like you who are at home 24/7 and already own a PC/PS4/Switch.

The goal of this service is to expand their potential audience beyond the limitations of console hardware sales.

People will get triggered by this, but it makes sense.
If I had to choose between a DVD player and a Blu-ray player that can also play DVDs, but both were the same price, even if I only owned and watched DVDs I'd still go for the Blu-ray player because I can potentially have access to Blu-rays that might not be available on DVD.

>Another Microservice

They keep adding ways of making you pay a subscription fee but also keep forgetting to make some fucking games. Xbone must have 20+ different subscription fees by now, but not a single decent exclusive game.

At least they are not censoring fucking Belly buttons like a certain puritan company

Scroll up bitchboy.

But it is too late, we're already at the eight year of this generation and Microsoft never managed to recover from how bad of a release they had, Sony pretty much won the console race because of Microsoft's fuckups. I'm actually a fan of how Game Pass works and it's a smart way to put themselves apart from the competition, but right now nobody cares about the console and its features, that's what I meant.

My problem with xCloud is that it's again another attempt at game streaming when we all know how badly it will end because 90% of the gaming market doesn't have access to either high speed or steady internet. United States alone suffers from one of the worst internet connections in the world because of how fucked up their ISP monopolies are. I'd rather see them stick and expand Game Pass, hell, even create an actual competition to Steam in PC with their own exclusives, give people a reason to actually go to them.

And considering they declared during last E3 that they were in process of absorbing game developers, they really need to start focusing more on their actual exclusives, since multiplatforms are a given anyway.

Why? literally everyone else is doing it. It serves a consumerbase I am sure.
>This is Microsofts Main Focus.
Yeah that is why nobody heard of it for like 5 months after it's announcement and they are working at getting xbox format games to run natively on W10.
remind me which console makes you STREAM games for backwards compatibility? cause I would assume that one has more of a focus on it.
Which is shit though. Streaming video could be good though. The way I do it with my plex server and 4k Blu Ray remuxes as a source is gud. Some videogames are fine streamed though, and it will be the future for the consolegamer I am sure. But it will never take off with the PC crowd who would never compromise on the advantages of locally rendering.

How many of those will get cancelled by microsoft?

>Believing in Microsoft or their ability to produce games of any quality

Look at this generation bitch boy. They promised everything back at the E3 they announced the Xbone, and either delivered some of the worst games ever made or just didn't deliver at all.

Microsoft have this magical touch. Every game they touch turns to shit.

This seems realistic and based.
Hope it is correct.
Only worrying part, is that the poster thinks Cuphead is first party, which it is not. Thus hurting his credibility.

I remember folks who said the same thing after Sony stumbled with the PS3

Attached: 159827248.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Not as Major as Sony switching entirely to IOS gaming.
Sorry I thought we were both making up random shit.

2017/2018 were the two most profitable years for the brand ever tho. Also they has been extremely prosumer as of late, even if it is because they are playing from behind.

>2006ish
>BD wins format war
>Sony fans saying video streaming will never take off and that physical will remain king
>2019
>pic related

Attached: 159895839583053.png (689x617, 645K)

The PS3 still managed to recover within the same generation and closed the gap the 360 had made, keep in mind the 360 launched a year earlier, had every 3rd party developer in their pocket AND used refurbished RROD 360 models as sale units and they still only sold a couple thousand more than the PS3

>hes a reviewshill
I hope the gaming audience will stop being such fucking cucks for IGN

It's almost as if they are entirely different things, at a world of 7billion+ people can support both because different people have different interests. and some people even have multiple interests.

>streaming still not taking off because they will never account for the input lag
hope you enjoy playing walking simulators only on that streaming box

I dont see anything about this on either IGN or gamespot

I'm not some "reviewshill". I've just played a bunch of the turds Microsoft have released. Fable Legends was the worst game released this generation (and maybe worse than any released last generation). Until Crackdown 3 was released anyway.
State of Decay 2 was an absolute mess that'll never be fixed and even if it is, it's a bad game under everything wrong with it.
Sea of Thieves was and still is a shitty graphical chat room minus the chat part.

Microsoft do not do good games.

its not just reviews, no Xbone exclusive has managed to make a splash this generation, they all either underpreformed or flopped, this is why nobody wants to make exlcusivity deals with Xbox anymore.

Microsoft is revealing Xcloud functionality at GDC on March 21. You can expect it to look something like this:
>Microsoft Xcloud Streaming
>Requires Xbox console.
>You either purchase an Xbox console or subscribe to Xcloud, which streams game data from a Microsoft Azure server hub
>Cannot play games natively on streaming platforms
>Must purchase games through Xbox.com or on Xbox systems or subscribe to Game Pass
>Cannot stream games which are already offered on for purchase on the system you are streaming to.
>Game Pass is curated for each system

It's almost as if companies can and will swing and miss on occasion. Even if they do, they can still manage to offer their customers a decent product in the end.

ABSOLUTAMENTE BASADO HERMANO

Attached: 650465106312.webm (506x506, 1.01M)

>118ms input delay at max
That's actually surprisingly good, a lot of console players I know IRL play with 64+ms of delay what with their shite 32ms input delay TV, and the console already running at 20fps, and them using wireless controllers.
Genuinely quite shocked that it's as low as it is.
Mind you I'd never play with more than 4ms input delay.

Makes sense for streaming. I can only imagine how much MS will make off of this if they get Nintendo on board in the future. Portable Xbox games while also being able to still play the Switch library sounds pretty sweet.

>Genuinely quite shocked that it's as low as it is.
Considering that's worse latency than ~45 FPS, you shouldn't be.

They would have to convince them to buy games from xbox.com or sell them at a higher cost on the switch itself. Like how Youtube Premium is like 16 bucks when purchased on iOS, but 12 bucks otherwise.

I didn't say it's good though, I just said I'm shocked they've managed to get it to a point where, in their ideal setup, it's a serious competitor to the input delay the average norman plays with.

meanwhile the Xbone is still 60 million behind the PS4
MS still hasnt done anyhting to convince consumers to come back

I think streaming will be fine on consoles because consolefags have no standards, but it will never take off on PC.

This. Competetive CS:GO is a pretty bad example. But when you factor in this number is only getting lower and lower, and the human eye to hand reaction time is like 250-350MS, this is perfectly fine for casual console type experiances. Great way to play CIV, Total War, Fire Emblem, most CRPGs, pretty much anything other than say a competitive FPS.

That's only because the 360 was pretty much a non-entity in the 2nd-largest gaming market on the planet.

considering fighting games and online shooters have the biggest audience on consoles it will never take of there too
kids with streaming devices will become easy prey for dedicated machine users

the 360 was still doing alright in the EU
if you are talking about Japan that place was Wii/DS country

to be fair I enjoyed Gears 4 and am fine playing multi plats on the bone. I have a ps4 and it has some nice third party exclusives but I hate all their first party shit these days. Neptunia and Tales series jumping to PC and switch so I am thinking there will likely not be any reason for ps5 other than bloodborne 2 maybe.

Microsoft really needs to not shit the bed though. Sony needs to lose first place to either Nintendo,MS or a new third party. Every time they do well they get cocky. They dominated with the ps2 and had the gall to charge $600 for no games and basically said next gen doesn't start until they say so. I thought they mended their ways with the ps4 even if they were going charge for online. But low and behold with it clear the ps4 has won this generation they pull this censorship bullshit. I don't want them out of business but they need fucking serious competition because if they don't have it they go all supreme dictator. I think MS is probably the same because they did well last gen and did a lot of stupid shit with the xboxone but they listened and rectified the situation. For the time being Sony is not listening and they don't deserve in a small amount of loyalty at this point.

Truth be told we probably need an industry crash to clear out all the trash and start over.

Fighting games are a dead genre and online shooters don't have particularly good performance on consoles (pic related).
Consolefags will eat this shit up and ask for seconds.

Attached: Next gen 138.jpg (2049x1152, 429K)

I wish there was a phone with an old style sliding keyboard so I could play emulators with physical buttons instead of touch screen virtual controller.

Console sales only serve to have a higher number of people to sell games to. They are not profitable on their own, otherwise every publisher would have their own console.
Sony is relying on an install base which largely doesnt buy many games. Their overall sales numbers are mostly just rebuys and Europeans who only play Fifa.
The point of Project Xcloud is to expand the xbox audience from 50m to 550m in the US alone. Anyone with a phone or tablet would be able to play Xbox games anywhere. Since you make most of your money back on games, this is a big deal for Microsoft in terms of profitability.
Now they are just focusing on having a large library of fun games.

Fighting games are not the biggest audience on Console, nor is online shooter really. Not to mention anyone dumb enough to play a fps on a console, might as well just stream it.
I really want just a modern version of the Xperia play. They can even make it bezelless and put the useless selfie camera on the controller layout.
Wii/DS were not really direct competitors with 360/PS3 though.

Catch up to what? Much like Sony, and Nintendo, Xbox has had its biggest years in 2016-2018. Nintendo was only in recent history, but the playstation brand and Xbox brand both brought in their best years yet. Who gives a shit about units shipped?

>Truth be told we probably need an industry crash to clear out all the trash and start over.

Not an industry crash per se, because that's not happening in the current age ever, but a death to the shitty abusive practices that have been since the last generation. I'm not a fan of having actual government meddling in the industry, but if that's what it takes to actually eliminate lootboxes, then I'll take this necessary evil. DLC unfortunately is too popularized already, but at least we still get stuff like Octo Expansion, to give an example. It has always been a good idea on paper, to give the player even more content after the game's release, but it needs to be controlled better.

>tfw ~1MB internet
T-thanks microsoft....

Attached: 1522145299821.jpg (600x320, 40K)

well back in the day we got expansions that were like the current DLC only much longer and close to full game length in many cases. Now we pay $15 for 1 to 2 hours of shitty content. Just look at how awful The Last of Us DLC was. It barely even had gameplay.

>fighing games are the biggest on console
that is fucking hilarious, every fighting game is dead on PC
>nor online shooters
again compare the sales between the platforms and see how fucking retarded you sound

Attached: a3pfi0hjn9011.jpg (2208x1242, 190K)

>that is fucking hilarious, every fighting game is dead on PC
Correct. And yet fighting games still do not have the biggest audience on console. Being more dead on PC does not make them magically popular on Console, console is Fifa and shit, hell even all the sony exclusive single player games outsell Tekken and SF.
>again compare the sales between the platforms and see how fucking retarded you sound
I think I was misinterpreting your post. I thought you were saying Streaming games won't take over console gaming, because console gaming is about FPS and fighting games, something that is most certainly not true. But now I think your point was actually, that FPS games are already more popular on Console than PC, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for retards to start streaming them?

>"why use these dumb, expensive engines on wheels that you have to crank when there's a perfectly good horse right here"

The lag will be gone eventually

>Sony is relying on an install base which largely doesnt buy many games.
that is fucking rich considering PS4 versions of multiplats outsell Xbone versions 3-1, also considering every developer that has made PS4 exclusives this gen is still thriving and doing better than ever
meanwhile on Xbox, remember Tomb Raider? almost died due to Xbone exclusivity
remember D4? never even got finished because it sold that terribly
remember Sunset Overdrive? flopped so hard that Insomniac came back crawling to Sony and now had their most succesfull years of because of R&C and Spider-man
remember Quantum break? sold so bad that Remedy had to go multiplat for the next game
remember Scalebound? got cancelled and Platinum almost went bankrupt until they released Nier Automata for the PS4 and saved the company
if anything, ignoring the PS4 is doing developers more harm than good

feel free to link your metric figures anytime you want.
Noone is disputing that Xbox One launched really poorly. We are talking about the present and future.
D4, Sunset, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Fable Legends were victim to Microsoft wanting something specific but having no control over the end product. This is why they are buying developers to support their library going forward. More control over the end product during production.

Sunset Overdrive is such a sad case, the game oozed style and color, pretty much a Jet Set Radio with mutants, and it died because of Xbox One's horrible launch.

Crazy that the bone had a dismal launch but ended up with some of the most original titles of the gen.

>all these retards itt
playing a shooter with a controller locally is more of a handicap than streaming. yet most normalfags do it. And yes I have tested it. I am better at AWPing Steam home streaming to my laptop on my deck with a mouse, then I am with an Xbone controller on a 144hz 1ms monitor locally. And yes I am pretty season with a controller, played more Cod 4 and Halo 3/Reach than I would like to admit. So this would make no difference for normies. Most popular console FPS games are casual shit that is dying anyway. RDR2 or GoW would he fine.

This is a concept I legitimately think valve could put their hands on in the near future

>playing a shooter with a controller locally is more of a handicap than streaming.
So they're going to play games with a controller AND stream for even more latency?
What's it like being retarded?
But yes, consoleniggers will eat this shit up, we all know that.

>All those games failed because MS couldn't micromanage every single aspect of the product
Platinum's track record from 2013-2016 was good to great. The people behind Halo really have no quarter to bicker with an actual game designer until he quits. Owning the studios really isn't going to help the outcome at all, lol.

well yeah. its like saying a kid who routinely eats glue would never have mcdonalds with his glue because it is unhealthy

Where did this go? Why spend money on this build to work, and to be playable with multiple players only to throw it away.

Thats how it functions on multiplayer, but it just looks worse because of the art style. The towers have unbreakable support beams that only blow up once you detonate the barrels at the base or top of the structure.

>>Not as Major as Sony switching entirely to IOS gaming.
>Implying that's a bad thing
>Not wanting Snoy to leave console vidya for good

Attached: 1409129628468.jpg (285x242, 34K)

God no, the physics in wrecking zone are WAY worse, and the maps are fucking tiny in comparison.

This. MS was trying to move foreward. Sony holds gaming back. Also Sony console ui, and controller designs are shit

It's funny how Xbox E3 will be hype for everyone except Xbox console users

pretty much, yeah, but they are still handly little devices for $200. So I have no idea why they get the flack

Because they're actually not that handy.
My Nvidia Shield that I got for $140 does a LOT more than the Xbone, the only thing it doesn't do well is gaming, but when it comes to multimedia usage, especially when it comes to the apps that it actually supports, it's MILES better than the Xbone.

>super duper native 4K is so important
>So play it on your 7 inch tablet with touch controls

What did they mean by this?

>Same shit as last year
>Half the specs for their next shit hardware and no price yet

It's OK when Microsoft does it!

This post is fucking rich considering last gen the ps3 face the same crap

BFV on XBX is almost 4k 60fps

Yeah but Shield does not have Gamepass, xbox 360 games, or the ability to play 4k blurays, or optical media at all. All of which I think is worth above the extra $50 over a Shield TV. The only reason I have both is because Xbox wont let Plex passthrough the audio and decodes it itself, making ATMOS and high end audio codecs only work through optical media or Netflix. The latter of which only even offers Atmos on xbox, not shield. so 6 and 1/2 dozen in the other. I am also the only person I know trying to direct play 4K blu ray remuxes on their xbox so kinda niche problem. And of course this is all just assuming it is for an idort with a high end PC, which is still niche. the average console gamer isnt buying it just for obscure weeb games that dont come to steam. They already play mostly multiplats on console, in which case Gamepass, backcompat, and drastically better media playback features on xbox is a really compelling argument. In which case *Also on windows 10, is a meaningless distinction and an arbitrary console wars talking point. Then ofc the X is miles better than the PS4 pro, and is probably like the same prices as a ps4 slim and a shield tv anyway. then a Ps4, shield tv and 4k blu ray player?

How? By harnessing the power of TACHYONS?

You mean checkerboarded dynamic 4k with drops into the 40s.

Attached: bfv-xb1x-s1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.79M)

>Yeah but Shield does not have Gamepass, xbox 360 games, or the ability to play 4k blurays, or optical media at all.
And the Xbone can't use Mobdro or TeaTV or properly use Kodi or even employ some basic game streaming from my PC.
Fuck, I can't even use shit like Remotr on the Xbone.
I have a gaming PC because I'm not poor, so the Xbone is literally worthless.

>modbro or TeaTV
literally who?
>properly use Kodi
yeah it has the same Audio problems as Plex, which is unfortuanate because it is just Microsoft being retarded and thinking adding their own boops is more important in their apps, if they fixed it my shield would be entirely redundant. But as it stands right now, Shield + Xbone + NAS is the best videophile trifecta. unless you are autistic and need dolby vision.
>I have a gaming PC cause I am not poor
this confuses me. I am not poor, so I just buy every console AND a high end gaming PC. if you are not poor, why do you not go buy an X just cause it runs a few not on PC multiplats and xbox 360 games better?
shitposting aside though, It may not be the best device for everyone, but is a compelling value for a wide range of consumers. I dont get the attitude everyone takes here where they go
>OKAY BUT I ALREADY HAVE A 2080ti GAMING RIG A PS4 PRO, A SWITCH, A SHIELD TV, BUT ALSO ONLY WATCH 720p YIFFY ENCODES AND ALSO HATE TV, MOVIES AND FIND EVERYGAME ON GAMEPASS TO BE SHIT, INFACT I HATE VIDYA. it is fair to assume everyone is just like me, therefore Xbone is useless!

>checker-board
Wrong
>drops to 40s

There are a couple to high 40's but mostly 60fps
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4b-EGr60U

>Wrong
Right.
You can literally see it in the image I posted, the game's 4k mode looks like shit thanks to the terrible checkerboard rendering implementation.

>literally who?
Free shit.
>if you are not poor, why do you not go buy an X just cause it runs a few not on PC multiplats
Because that would be a waste of money.
The only XboneX game not on PC that I care about is RDR2, and everyone and their mother knows it's coming to PC.
And I don't give a fuck about 360 games since, y'know, I actually played them when they first launched and have no reason to buy a useless paperweight to play old games or watch blu-rays.
And not only is Gamepass on PC, it is also largely shit.
Sorry m8, but for those of us who aren't retarded the Xbone pretty much has nothing to offer.