The doomposting has already started. Why do gamers wish for games to fail?

The doomposting has already started. Why do gamers wish for games to fail?

Attached: image.jpg (1125x839, 195K)

because games nowadays are soulless

I don't think it's necessarily that people want it to fail, but it most assuredly will. The shlooter market is hypersaturated, and it doesn't look as good as other games in the genre, like Destiny 2 and its customization, or Anthem and its innovative mechanics, like combos and the jetpack.

well i mean it looks like shit...

>Anthem and its innovative mechanics
top fucking kek

I like watching bad things happen to bad games and companies.

Because it's fucking hilarious.

If you support games you support cancer

It will do good because anthem failed so normalfags are gonna jump to the next thing.

>The shlooter market is hypersaturated, and it doesn't look as good as other games in the genre
The looter shooter genre is in its infancy, and Destiny 2 and Anthem are abject failures. If anything I see Division 2 being a success by default so long as the gameplay is passable and there's more than a week's worth of content. Lots of people are feeling burned by Anthem right now and looking for a similar game.

It need to fail hard so the ebin launcher doesn't become an established thing.

This is literally a modern past time.
People on the internet just LOVE to hate.

Didn't Destiny 2 and its dlcs sell a shitload despite being weak as fuck?

No. It was a massive disappointment to investors. :^)

Destiny 2 saved itself with forsaken but the hype from that is starting to die down and players are upset with the dripfeed content released since then

Why are my friends actually urging me to buy this? It's so fucking generic. Like painting your entire house beige. Even the dog.

Borderlands 3 needs to be released soon before the hype for looter shooters dies down.

Because no one has any faith in Triple As anymore.
They are all glorified smartphone games.

I want these games to fail so they can either go back to making good stuff like a shooter that doesn't involve heavy dependence on RPG mechanics so shootouts don't become slugfests with bullet sponges, and is instead a tightly designed chain of missions and levels, and maybe a fun multiplayer mode built on top of it instead of this weird half-assed shit to get people invested in a service with microtransactions and the like.

Either that or they can go out of business I don't give a fuck I'll spend money on companies that cater to what I want.

This. You don't need to do it for gaming, but at least do it for our Lord Gaben

It uses the Uplay launcher which is already an established thing.

Reminder that the Division 1 was called a flop but went on to sell millions more copies after the price dropped.

>the Division 1 was called a flop
maye on Yea Forums where everyone is uninformed as fuck and always in denial

Attached: file.png (1125x290, 42K)

How is doing the same thing over and over again to get better gear so you can do the same thing over and over again fun? Further, why normalize loot in a loot shooter? You punish the people most loyal to your game the hardest.

Attached: 1539057464799.jpg (720x656, 71K)

Because everyone loves schadenfreude and clickbait always works. Hence, most YT "games journalism" are utter garbage.

Only decent ones I've seen are Skillup, the 1/3 of Yongyea's videos that aren't beating a trumped up dead horse, Jim Sterling, Angry Joe Show, and Bellular News.

Wall of Shame awards to LegacyKilla and UpperEchelon for always having the most exaggerated clickbait titles and fabricated controversies.

so you can kill niggers in the pvp zone faster

>buddy and I buy Division 1 a year after release for 13 bucks off amazon for PC
>we put over 50 hours into the game
>buy the DLCs for another 20 bucks
>end up putting over 150 hours into it
>we play the alpha and beta for Division 2
>he told me he pre-ordered it today
>pre-order it as well
don't give a shit about doom sayers, we are about to have another good time together.

Attached: 1550946733716.jpg (640x480, 57K)

cry more valvecuck it will be a massive success :)

Did you two suck each other's dicks too?

pleasesayyes

I have both Destiny 2 and Anthem, and played Division 1 and the 2 beta. Those games have nothing on Division when it comes to the actual loot shoot part.

>Anthem
get to pick your main and secondary weapon with random generated perks, your grenade and ability type and that's it.

>destiny
meta skillsets you need to pick with only a few sub classes in each, you're primary and secondary weapon, and your head,chest,leg pieces.

>division
head, chest, hands, legs, boots, gun holsters all with stats. primary and secondary gun, each having 3 attachments which have own perks, primary grenade specialty, secondary ability skill, 3 sub classes with different skill sets, then you also have generated stats per weapon sub type.

Division is far deeper than either of those games.

Attached: 1545035420114.jpg (1044x1031, 109K)

nah its literally the same

Attached: file.png (1950x2708, 1.93M)

I was skeptical after how rough TD1 launch was, but I decided to make my purchase decision after playing the open beta. I was honestly pleasantly surprised after TD1's history and how much of a shitshow Anthem launch was. I had almost no issues all weekend. Solid framerates, fast loading for the few loading screens there are, no lag or disconnect or hitreg problems. (UX is still kinda shit)

I think TD2 is going to absolutely embarrass Anthem. From a technical standpoint: Once you load the main map (takes me about 10-15 secs) there are almost no loading screens for anything after that unless you are matchmaking. Using the base of operations, safe houses, settlements, going into missions etc. all exist in the main map and "just work". Fast travel is about a 3 sec pause while it loads the NPC data.
You are basically never taken out of the "flow" of playing like all of the constant loading screens in Anthem and how the story and worldbuilding hold you hostage. The worldbuilding elements in TD also feel organic in the environment rather than Anthem placing random glowies on some rockface in the middle of nowhere.

I think the 2 wildcards atm are: Stability across various platforms and regions, and how engaging the dynamic endgame systems will actually be. While I had a fantastic time in OB on PC, it sounded like some people in EU had connectivity issues and consoles were having some framerate and stability issues at times. World tiers and dynamic event systems at end-game are supposed to keep the map feeling fresh with the civilians, hyenas and black tusk vying for control. We'll have to see if it actually pans out in keeping things interesting between new content drops.

people love clickbait drama
the division 2 will be fine

Attached: the-division.jpg (587x582, 121K)

Schadenfreude is more amusing than the games.

i am more bothered by the fact that WT5, the stronghold for it, the raid and gearsets arent in on release and they said "they are adding it after launch"

I just love how much more it had, and how the devs would shift the meta around every so often on weapons.

In most cases it's just one or two retards forcing spam claiming that good games are bad because they believe themselves to be le ebin master manipulators. In this case, however, The Division just sucks and Ubisoft is trash.

gamers don't, it's the people trying to cast doubt in the impressionable gamers' minds

People were saying that BR market was saturated back when PUBG was still popular. Turns out, you just have to put out something better than the competition. And all shlooters out now are doodoo

pre-ordered, and 5 other friends have, lol.
bought an rtx card for it too, lol,

stay mad, don't bother replying silly boys

Because these games are shit and caters to the worst humanity has to offer

Im sick of tacked on multiplayer
Im sick of diablo 3 loot fests
Im sick of bullet sponge enemies
Im sick of season passes and shit dlc

yes because there'll be plenty of dark zone cheaters. Hell in that closed beta shit I was seeing level 8 purple weapons at 90kdps

Yeah we'll have to see how far after they mean. But on the whole, TD2 feels like a complete game ready to be released to me. Especially for a so-called Live Service™ which we've seen how AAA seem to treat that like an excuse to ship utter garbage. Also, they've clearly iterated on their systems from TF1 in an attempt to improve them, which shows they actually gave a shit and weren't just phoning in a sequel.

have fun

>at 90kdps
>level 8 pruple weapons
The game doesn't list dps dipshit. Nice try.

But you can't... because gear is normalized. I watched some dude named Widdz 1v4+ people over and over in Div1 darkzone because he was geared; when I watched him stream the Div2 beta he could barely take two before they got him.

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

there will be a non-normalized DZ for pvpfaggots

>Multiplayer is deeply ingrained into the game and story
>Loot is based around unique gear sets that have a role in PvP as well as end game PvE
>Only bosses take more then a 1 or 2 head shots.
>I agree, corporate share holders literally require this shit now.

I thought this game was already out for some reason. I guess they're all starting to blend together now.
Fuck this industry.

>oversaturate a market of looter shooter games
>include intrusive DRM
>echochamber forums where any constructive criticism of the game or developer is an immediate ban
>lose all consumer confidence with botched AAA releases
wow why do gamers wish failure on these products
also fuck yves guillemot

The 90gb day one patch may help with that

The bullet sponge thing is far less prevalent in TD2. The only ones like that are bosses (duh) and armored opponents (makes sense). IE: One of the hyena types has on a helmet and body armor vest and rushes you with a baton—you have to either shatter their armor first or wingclip them in the legs instead.

>Complaining about loot grinding in a looter-shooter
So don't play it if you don't like the genre? Do you complain water is wet, too?

I'm not even a PvP fag but I don't understand the point of normalizing loot in a loot shooter where the point of getting loot is to be better geared than someone else.

Attached: wimp_GO.gif (326x182, 447K)

>echochamber forums where any constructive criticism of the game or developer is an immediate ban
thats funny considering the only reason Div1 got good and the Div2 releases in such a good state is because people were constantly shitting on Ubi and Ubi actually listened

playing videos games costs money and takes effort
laughing about flopping video games is free

Because a single well min-maxed player could easily pistol whip 10 other players wearing standard gear to death.

I agree the deeper dark zone areas should have minimal stat balancing though.

>loot shooters

Attached: tumblr_p53t8lx7r51qf7yhjo1_500.png (500x542, 255K)

While the base gear is normalized in the regular DZ, things like set bonuses and various mods will still make some people more effective than others. But overall, normalizing is a good change to prevent a lot of the griefing that was prevalent in TD1. The real question is whether the normalizing would prevent cheats that attempt to alter weapon stats.

They seem to have a division in opinion.

That is actually an interesting concept: Have something like the DZ01-06 of the original game, except the higher DZs lessen the normalizing factor.

Because the games are scams. They release an unfinished game and sell you the missing pieces over time.

Attached: community.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

How many copies did it sell? an only online looter shooter filled to the brim with microtransations, overpriced special editions and DLC is a completely different story than selling a lot of units.

could you prove yourself to be any more uninformed about the game?

fuck off retarded at least first educate yourself on the subject, Div1 didnt even have MTX unti like 1 year after release

Bricking your console is an 'innovative mechanic'

Attached: ps4.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

90% of posters on Yea Forums sadly are this retarded

Normie gamers who buy anything with big advertisements in Gamestop were a mistake. But on the other hand, all the AAA-studios trying to get a piece of live service cake is going to bite them to the ass as even normies don't buy such games as just weekend's thrillercoaster and pick favorites.

>how many copies did the game sell?
>DURRRRR RETARDED
Wow, so this is the brain of an Ubisoft cocksucker. What a surprise

>cant use google himself
and you call others retarded, oh the irony

damage/dps whatever. It doesn't change the fact that the highest dmg rifle for lvl8 was only like 1 or 2k meanwhile 2 dudes had 90k+ smgs and shit

>for level 8
>2 dudes had 90k+smgs
Or maybe you were just trash.

it literally does retard

it clearly states what you were killed by and the gun's stats when someone ganks you in the dz retard

I wish for western games to fail because they're garbage.

are you going to deny any cheating happened in the first division too?

No the Division 1 listed DPS, Division two listed Damage the weapon does per shot and RPM.

You can't answer the question because Ubisoft never released sales information for the game, which they rarely ever do unless the game wasn't a financial success. What's even funnier is that you're calling anyone else stupid about questioning the success of the game by only posting the first 5 days for the online only game before its player base completely died off.

Better post a screencap.

>3 years post release and still coping hard
Yea Forums in a nutshell

>still can't answer the question and refuses to actually make an argument
Like clockwork.

Sounds like something we're glad happened in a beta so they can figure out how it was possible and fix it then, yeah?

burn the industry to the ground and rebuild so i can get some fucking goddamn niche shit

where my twisted metal, where my full auto

HELL WHERE MY FUCKING CAR COMBAT GAMES U FUCKING SHIT INDUSTRY

This game should be played with others right? How do you find people to play with?

I think the number one problem was THAT NO ONE WANTED THESE TYPES OF GAMES
From the moment everyone touched destiny it should've been that, but i guess the activision marketing department had more success convincing the suites more than the gamers that there was a market and a gold mine in shlooters when there is none and what is there is rapidly evaporating because of dogshit design and worthless gameplay

Attached: 1545109482532.gif (640x472, 327K)

Division also sounds like balance hell.

Every end game item set is balanced like a class.
One is all about sniper rifles, another is all about shield + SMG...etc. It basically comes down to maximizing your play style.

Furthermore despite executives best efforts shlooter's will never blow up like they wanted, they will never have a fortnite, CoD, etc. A single game to represent the genre, since destiny every game has been a mediocre disappointment after disappointment, never quite reaching the potential they possess, that why Division 2 is another chapter in this exercise in futility saga that is the shlooter genre

Attached: tired-of-your-motherfucking-SNAP.png (1047x937, 1.18M)

it's not gonna fail. This isn't a new IP. Ubisoft knows what to expect at launch, players know what to expect at launch.

You'd have to try really hard to fuck up as bad as Anthem or Fallout 76. And I just can't see it happening. Even if Division 2 launches exactly like the first one, it's pretty much already succeeded. The competition is so bad that Division would easily win.

The most beloved games in history would be considered total flops now days.

Ever Quest the biggest MMO of the '90s that started the entire trend only sold 225,000 copies it's first year.

This, and even going into partial gear sets allow you to great certain meta builds by only going half way up a certain gear chain.

how the fuck is the looter shooter genre oversaturated?
you have Destiny 2 and Anthem which has been a colossal failure, so really you only have Destiny 2

>Why do gamers wish for games to fail?
Because apparently they realized that "games as a life service" means that you get butchered shit and have to pay for the complete version which ships down the line. It's basically a huge advertisement to sell you even more microtransactions and DLC over a longer period of time instead of delivering you a full fucking product.

fuck looter shooters. They're basically shitty MMO-lites. Just make an actual MMO shooter with good gunplay for fucks sake.

really disappointed anthem flopped so damn hard. played the "alpha" and the movement and shooting were solid at least. I'll get it in a year when its more fleshed out, balanced, and costs less

The concept of taking Diablo/MMO style loot gearing and applying it to a FPS/TPS isn't not itself a bad one, but literally no dev understands what it needs to work.

People play modern MMOs for group content and mechanics, for challenge and progression, and for PvP against others. Every single loot shooter that's come out has had only a sliver of challenging group content, PvP has been a mess, and gear is usually pretty boring. The Division's set gear was about the one game that did it interesting, except that said sets are only seen after farming out most of the game and balance for them is all over the place, resulting in only a few that were genuinely useful, and eclipsed everything else into irrelevancy.

If the encounter design for these games doesn't improve and draw in more players by providing actual challenges so that people work towards them to complete them, the games will continue to be failures. And the encounters can only be impressive if the character roles are better defined and encourage teamplay, something the games want to shy away from to encourage solo play, shooting themselves in the foot.

>Not wanting the "games as a service" model to fail

Attached: 1545686807354.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

There are no subscriptions here.
"Season passes" are just glorified DLC packs to impress shareholders.

It is, gear set balance is terrible. Striker continued to dominate the game since its inception, no other set handles every part of content like it does from PvE to PvP. Some sets are so niche as to be very rarely used, such as Final Measure (Disarms grenades and mortars fired at the player, provides a great shield against the stuff that forces you out of cover), Hunter's Faith (Double damage on bolt action rifles after so many hits on a target; missing resets the bonus), and Firecrest (Flame turret sets enemies on fire longer and does obscene damage; sadly, the On Fire CC debuff doesn't work on the hardest difficulty!). Some are good in their niche area, such as Lone Star's ammo replenishment and attack speed buff turning machine guns into bullet hoses that never seem to run out, or DeadEYE for rapid critical hits with marksman rifles. Mostly, Striker is the go-to set for PvE with Tactican's being good for solo builds, and Striker and Nomad are the big choices for PvP.

It's kind of sad, had balance passes been done more and more on the sets, they probably would've become very interesting and useful and had a big effect on group dynamics, but instead, the failproof strat is still to rely on massive damage with assault rifles with a little bit of tank to survive.

>I think the number one problem was THAT NO ONE WANTED THESE TYPES OF GAMES

user, there's a audience for it. People like it. So yes some people want these type of games. Look at Borderlands. People loved that shit because it was fun.

You have to be willfully ignorant to say nobody wanted these type of games.

>user, there's a audience for it.
Not in the fucking AAA mainstream, its just a niche that will never rolled out the fornite dollars they want

NISA already did that last gen.

>Not in the fucking AAA mainstream

are you fucking retarded? Shit like Borderlands, Destiny and Division IS AAA mainstream.

Companies should stop making these. None of these numbers mean anything.

All it has to do is not be worse than Anthem and it'll probably survive.

RIP in peace, Artifact

Attached: doom.png (380x275, 188K)

Just look at the competition....

Anthem is a blunder.
Destiny 2 is kinda dated by now and everyone moving away
Fallout 76 was so terrible
RDR 2 Online is bad

I'm pretty sure this AlltimeGaming fellow is claiming it will fail just to get baitclick people into watching. There's really no reason it can fail giving how shitty the competition is right now.

>A massively downgraded ubisoft game isn't going to fail after the first one failed and they put trannies in siege

Attached: iXm0JYv9_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Imagine fighting on behalf of a corporation

>after the first one failed

can you really call that a fail after all the money it's made? Or are you just reaching.

I'll try this game in a year, after they put some actual effort into it.

Sony drones who preorder everything aren't the best example of success, especially when it's ONLY preorders that set the record. How many people took their copies to gamestop?

pretty sure we just like to see ones we never had any interest in fail. Or ones that just rehash stuff from older games and call it new. Or straight downgrades to old games. Personally I just hope that they learn from their mistakes and make a better game next time.
But going by Blizz, Bethesda, and EA/Dice, they just try to one up themselves every time in the worst way possible. They never do better by the customer.
They find what stuff they can take out and what they can charge for and then say that developing games is expensive and that we should be paying 100$ for our basic game that doesnt come with a manual or a case and isnt moddable and totally DRM'd and language filtered.
I'd hope they fail, and make room for better and more competent developers and publishers, that make games that other people besides the lowest common denominator could enjoy. You know, we could get that game that has playable dragons in it that everyones been clamoring for. Or a tank sim.
An MMO that wasnt trying to be warcraft. More strategy games. Or just something that isnt a fucking battle royale/mobile again.

Shits getting depressing honestly. They COULD do those kind of games, but they dont since its not currently trending or interesting to streamers, or is too risky. Yet they still keep fucking blundering their triple A games as well.

Modern games have dumbed gameplay down to the point that shitposting over a failed game is more fun than playing one.

I wanted to give it a chance but the beta ran like ass on my 3 year old machine even on low settings and the third person cover shooter combat just didn't feel very good. Like taking potshots at whack a mole heads just doesn't seem like it meshes well with RPG progression.

because it's not a game, it's a vehicle for microtransactions & lootbox gambling

Attached: 1528073767069.jpg (960x960, 97K)

BECAUSE THE FUCKERS GETTING OUR MONEY DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND AND DON'T RESPECT THEIR FANBASE AND DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO CREATE A GAME WORTHY OF GETTING A FANBASE. THEY ARE JUST SOUL-LESS ENVIRONMENTS WITH REPLACABLE CHARACTERS WITH GAMEPLAY THAT DOESN'T MATTER AND YOU HAVE NO MORE MONEY TO GIVE TO ONE OF THESE ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU WEREN'T HAPPY THE LAST TIME. SO THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO REALIZE THEIR SHIT STRATEGY AND THEY SPIT IN THEIR FACES AND GET ARROGANT TO DEFEND A POSITION THAT HAS NO GROUND TO STAND ON AND WHEN IT GETS TORN BENEATH THEM THEY MAKE GIVE MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO MAKE THREADS LIKE THIS.
Good enough of an answer?

>Sony drones who preorder everything aren't the best example of success, especially when it's ONLY preorders that set the record. How many people took their copies to gamestop?

what does Sony have to do with this? The Division was out for all platforms except nintendo. geez... have you ever played the game or are you just shitting on it because it's popular among shitposters to shit on it these days?

they announced long ago that the DLCs will be FREE for Division 2. retard.

The game was marketed almost exclusively for the PS4. There is blatant favoritism for games that come out on the playstation regardless if they're multiplat. You should know this.

No body cares about this type of game. No one wanted them to begin with. Demi-MMOs are fucking retarded, it's all of the shitty parts about MMOs with none of the good, slapping shooter mechanics onto the formula doesn't make it better.

When they say "the DLC" will be free, that's a red flag. That means microtransactions out the ass.

>The game was marketed almost exclusively for the PS4.

LOL WUT? That is bull fucking shit. Keep making shit up, retard.

Attached: 1365486449510.jpg (1564x1080, 320K)

they also clearly stated that the ONLY microtransactions will be cosmetics. So stay mad.

>No body cares about this type of game. No one wanted them to begin with.

the preorders tell a different story. And speaking of preorders, they are saying it's more than division 1 preorders.

Attached: capitalism, ho.png (482x600, 162K)

Where did he said anything about division 2? you shill
we are talking about the genre

Yeah, that's not terrible at all, a game built around loot locks all of the good appearances behind microtransactions (probably loot boxes on top of that). No issue there, I'm sure this won't flop horribly.

How did that Tom Clancy game about running around some mountainous savanna turn out? Wildlands was it?

Everyone pack your shit, this thread has been hijacked by shills
The Division 2 will be a disappointing trash fire just like the first one

Attached: 1538522934181.gif (353x353, 659K)

He's posting in a fucking Division 2 thread. So unless you specifically specially about another game which he did not, it should be assumed he is talking about Division 2, retard.

i bought it because the beta was fun. never got a chance to play the first one though

Attached: div.png (222x328, 124K)

You did the right thing, hope you got some friends to play it with.

stay buttblasted

Will this kill Destiny?

2 of my teamspeak friends got it senpai

shitposters lost in every argument, they're on the run now.

Destiny killed itself with Bungie's incompetence. Remember when Activision handed the game out for free and then just let Bungie go before their ten year contract was even up?

Destiny killed Destiny
hell warframe killed destiny 2, weeks after it came out

Thank you, at least someone here has actually played the damn game.

asking a retard if he's retarded is retarded. He's a retard, it's not subjective.

The Division is unironically the only looter shooter on the market worth playing. It's leagues above Destiny.

There aren't really any video game content creators anymore. It's mostly just the same "Hey this thing you like? ITS GARBAGE" over and over again for every game regardless of whether or not it's good.

If the game was good they'll click to tell you how wrong you are, and if the game is actually bad they'll just go into the comments for the echo chamber circle jerk. It's foolproof clickbait and it's a plague.

Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

How did the Division devs actually think for one second they could compete with Destiny 2

the team they have working on that game is insane

Attached: future of gaming.jpg (1327x739, 233K)

the only positive i heard about the division 2 was about the gang wars at the endgame and the retards didnt make a video about it

ironically destiny 3 leaks show them wanting to copy the division's dark zone concept for new game modes.

You sound like a journalist

if they didn't' make a video about it, how did you hear about it?

its one of those long dev diaries with very few footage

>Why do gamers wish for games to fail?
Because shit developers/publishers push shit games out.
Wouldn't you enjoy higher quality games that were well designed, instead of garbage released every 1-2 years just to make a quick buck?

>filled to the brim with microtransations
what

Then they did make a video of it.

>Ubisoft games
>Designed to make a quick buck
>The developer that pulled Rainbow Six Siege out of hell and made it one of the most successful FPS games on the market
>Who is still supporting For Honor after everybody called it a dead game within a month of launch
>Who, up until Division 2's final release window, kept supporting and listening to feedback on the OG Division
Ubisoft does a lot of things, but they're absolutely not guilty of pumping out games for a quick suck and fuck before abandoning them like other developers.

Attached: 1551632085124.gif (300x233, 1.36M)

Imagine championing against your own consumer rights.

Did you just cite Rainbow Six Siege as a success in 2019???

Attached: rainbow-six-siege-mozzie-580x334.jpg (580x334, 31K)

Division gameplay is horrid. Bullet sponges rolling around other bullet sponges. Nobody hung around in 1 to play that game, it was very different from what they initially teased with a vastly shorter TTK.

>B-but this fat dyke!
Irrelevant.

You haven't played The Division since its launch, have you? TTK was one of the first things they fixed.

Attached: stats.png (457x232, 19K)

>Why do gamers wish for games to improve?
FTFY

you're still defending siege in 2019...

You seem to have confused "Siege is still very successful" with "defending it." Whatever that means.