Was this the defining moment this generation?

Was this the defining moment this generation?

Attached: 4BC592DD-B61B-489F-B570-EEF6A011F151.jpg (1125x611, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA
blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/05/ps-now-gets-wwe-2k18-nba-2k18-battlefield-4-more-in-march/
youtu.be/1cZ4q9oCt9o
youtube.com/watch?v=-MK5ChLJTAk
youtube.com/watch?v=_yQjHkoDip0&list=PL880D572DF1EA418B&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=tg-yC0xcI9s&list=PL880D572DF1EA418B&index=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>people unironically make their Geralt look like this
Why

Attached: Ace7Game 2019-02-28 12-32-58-84.jpg (1920x1080, 642K)

It was the defining moment of "will this shit finally be over soon? I've been playing for days straight and there is no end to this game".

I don't get why people think this scene was such a big deal. I didn't think anything of it when I first experienced it. RDR2 has much better moments, like Arthur's "I'm afraid" as well as a bunch of other shit

Play fortnite kiddo

But Fortnite's audience is the same as Rockstar's

>like Arthur's "I'm afraid" as well as a bunch of other shit
Well? What other shit?

same, i could understand im afraid but this scene i think is a meme, it was literally nothing, is it from a movie?

>RDR2
This ain't it chief

Boy, these two are magnificent. Pic related is a deserved honorable mention.

Attached: 70B1B7B4-0809-4A91-B30D-4AABBFEEC8C7.jpg (848x476, 58K)

Rockstar's audience is even younger
RDR2 is a kiddy game

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Right here.

Attached: 1536701606332.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

That’s gta5

this whole thing is

Attached: DivinityLaunchHERO-hero.jpg (940x528, 172K)

It’s heroic, a nod to the “coming back from retirement” trope, and a good choice of that baton transition to set up 1 perfectly.

end credit is better (unironically)

Ah yes, Nier Automata, makes you play through the same damn game over and over to see endings.

>muh movie game
>defining anything but the bottom of the barrel
no

Fellowship of the Ring came out in 2001, though. Doesn’t qualify.

nice meme

Turn-based need not apply.

youtube.com/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA

MGS4 can be played in the PS4 now so yeah

Attached: liquid.png (1280x720, 614K)

Too meta for this thread’s purpose.

link dressing like a girl

Yea Forums talked me into playing and I went through the original and finished Automata this week. In truth, I would have preferred a Final Fantasy approach to it, yes, but going through the 9S point if view wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Maybe for the 2010s, but for the generation, not sure.
This moment was great but is only amazing if you played RDR1. I think the best moment in the game was the attack on the Braithwaite Manor

That shit was cringe as fuck and way too drawn out.

Attached: 1550451295299.png (680x680, 209K)

Stick to Undertale and Hollow Knight; neither of which will ever define the generation.

Attached: gongiveittoya.jpg (640x360, 14K)

Based retard who havent played it

Since when?

Yeah, you are right. Best gaming moment ever for me. Underrated.

There is none.
But you can choose the best moments from each genre.For jrpgs we have nier automata,for hack-n-slash we have DMC V.for stealth we have MGSV,for horror we have RE2 or RE7 or Alien Isolation,for FPS we have Doom,for action adventure rpg we have Bloodborne,for story driven action game we have Uncharted 4.

pretty badass scene

Attached: Halo_TheHunterandtheHunted14.jpg (622x415, 23K)

it's on ps now
blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/05/ps-now-gets-wwe-2k18-nba-2k18-battlefield-4-more-in-march/

>all playable on PS4
It's clear who won this generation

youtu.be/1cZ4q9oCt9o
nothing tops this

>Waited 10 years for their meeting
>Took the piss out of DmC:Devil May Cry
>Was one of the most cathartic moments in gaming history
5's finale didn't disappoint

Attached: 1552185799033.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

no it can't

*blocks your path*

Attached: 3df[1].jpg (686x751, 54K)

that doesn't count

Sure. Also these

I remember me and my firends playing GTA III when we were 8. I don't imagine audience is much different now, either.

Not a defining moment but a pretty good one still. The very same mission pulling the rug from under it minutes later kind of sucked.

I meant the console generation

>yfw
youtube.com/watch?v=-MK5ChLJTAk

not the consumer

*slices this thread*
boomers roasted

Imagine playing video games for "moments".

>stick to good games
okay thanks, I will

LIIIIIIIQUUUUUUUIIIIIIID

Attached: solid snek.jpg (380x285, 61K)

This is the most Yea Forums post I’ve ever seen

fpbp

Yes. Imagine revering the scripted sequences of pieces of art whose defining feature is interactivity.

Make sure you have your PS3 ready or you won’t be playing MGS4.

/thread

Go back to resetera.

*glass him*

Attached: file.png (1856x3131, 3.26M)

It's on PS now though

Attached: pauline.gif (444x250, 1.17M)

Let’s see you go off script with BotW or PAC-Man

The defend Stonehenge mission of AC7. All of it.

>try to do some cool quick draw shit because its a standoff
>die
>Keep tying
>keep dying
>music keeps restarting
>royally fuck up the moment by dying so much
>remember it as just some annoying mountain gunfight
fuck me

Attached: vDVARZZu_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

My jaw dropped when this scene happened, I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach, but the weight of choosing who to kill was pretty fucking intense. The only complaint was I didn't realize how close I was to the ending when it happened. Even another hour of gameplay letting you come to terms with your decision playing as the survivor would have been incredible. Still love how it ends.

>playing rdr2
>been stuck at chapter 4 for months now because I want to progress but know there is so much I'm missing
>just play other games cause I can't decide what to do

THIS GAME IS TOO FUCKING BIG REEEEEE

Uh-huh, yep. Make sure you have your PS3 connected or you won’t be playing 4 on PS Now.

>the most defining moment of RDR2 is just a shameless fanfare to RDR1
pretty embarrassing

You know you don't need a PS3 to play PS3 games on PSNow, right? You can even play it on PC if you want.

Attached: 8QkaHC.gif (320x180, 698K)

the mission where you stormed the oil field with a bunch of natives on horseback was the coolest moment by far.

Attached: Charles_Marion_Russell_-_The_Custer_Fight_(1903).jpg (3891x2374, 3.96M)

>The way 9S squirms on the ground in pain after getting impaled

Attached: fug.gif (370x330, 3.49M)

Arthur watching the sunset is pretty iconic

/thread

>Le movie game strawman
Fucking kill yourself.

You want 9S to win even though he’s got a screw loose. Reminded me of Raiden having to fight Solidus.

>Frogposting

Can you screenshot that for me?

this was

Attached: bloodborne-gehrman-3.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Horrible hairstyle, but definitely.

This is the see you, space cowboy of vidya

Attached: 1529033718216.jpg (852x670, 107K)

lmao triggered snoyboy

Sorry that Empire Strikes back doesn’t hit as hard unless you’ve seen Star Wars.

How about this?

Attached: 2624564235234.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Came out last gen

Literal double digits iq ape who can't do anything but spit out the same non-arguments.

>tfw no mgr 2

Attached: Ptbw9yH.jpg (800x522, 48K)

SNOY

Nobody except nerds play this crappy game

NICE AND TIGHT

It was kino but it's not like it's super amazing or anything.

I really wish they didn't spoil this before release

S4's double TP cancel against Na'Vi in The International 3 finals

It's hard to even imagine a sequel considering how batshit insane MGR was.

Defining moment of the generation is when Link stepped out onto the Great Plateau.

that's last gen game.

Did your clap your soý and cheetos-covered hands at that?

your fault for watching spoilers, I hadn't even seen Leon's model prior to playing it myself

I hate this fucking reddit cringe game

Witcher 3 and BoTW are the Reddit games of this gen, no doubt.

What are some other games where you fight the senex?

i wish they would have used more music from the first red dead

youtube.com/watch?v=_yQjHkoDip0&list=PL880D572DF1EA418B&index=4

youtube.com/watch?v=tg-yC0xcI9s&list=PL880D572DF1EA418B&index=9

Attached: 1463072529931.jpg (1024x708, 130K)

You really don't think that a visual spectacle which plays itself wouldn't appeal to kids?

Attached: 96B0D651C7634160A018C9D725409B2C.png (678x618, 647K)

It's actually amazing how much BOTW makes people seethe.

I unironically think the game is too short mostly because the time you have with Arthur does feel cut short for plot reasons

what do you mean? it is last gen's game

Yeah, kind of like Dragon Age Inquisition and Bioshock Infinite.

The day this came out

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (220x284, 28K)

Attached: 973330A4-FEED-4EB9-A45D-C42A7D2D7322.jpg (300x168, 16K)

>not kino knight Gael

Great taste

if you play turn based games you are an infant minded person. Kys

This kills the GaaS

Attached: 22.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

it's gay is what it is
RDR2 has defined nothing for anything

The defining moment of the generation is probably Link looking over the great plateau. I haven't even played BOTW, but looking objectively that's just the most culturally and artistically significant thing to happen in vidya this gen.
I can't even think of anything that comes close, unless you want to argue that jumping out of the fortnite bus is eligible lmao

is anyone flossing?
then no.

Attached: 20190308155741_1.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

/thread

Yikes, Arthur's I'm Afraid scene made me question my own morality for a little bit while BotW was just a game that killed a couple hours of my time and was otherwise an average open world game with a shit story.

If your Geralt doesn't look like pic related, then you've failed.

Attached: 1473996936023.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Go watch some movies. Go read a book. What RDR2 did with its story is nothing new. What BOTW did was redefine a genre and reinvigorate a franchise.

lol

Undertale is more culturally and artistically significant than RDR2. It's also a better game than RDR2.

You either have to be totally uncultured or under the age of 20 to enjoy new rockstar games. It's not even worth arguing about. The games are so uninspired and corporate that them being bad is near self evident

Super Paper Mario did what Undertale did 7 years before Undertale even came out.

Attached: Prey-2017-05-14-15-19-32-477.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

Hell mother 3 did what undertale did 10 times better

RDR2 is a boring garbage screaming "please overrate me!" to rockstar boot-licking fanboy faggots and they screaming back "yes master uhuuu"

>Based retard 9S makes sure to kill himself on A2's sword even when he manages to kill her
I mean she deserves it for cutting off her hair but still

Attached: 1523825211471.gif (350x315, 4M)

i could never stomach the combat in that game long enough to get past the first area. Seems like the narrative was cool but the gameplay was so dry I couldn't keep playing.

RDR2 > What you like

>Ace Combat 7
>Only 6 planes here
BLUNDER

>this post is extremely low quality

yes a rockstar game because that rockstar audience is kids

This. 90% of people who played W3 never even played the first two. If anyone likes W3 it's a huge red flag that they're a pleb and should be avoided for their shit taste.

Best release this year

Good scene and all, but definitely not "defining"

this is what a s.0.y infused fanboy looks like
>""""MY"""" game is better than "yours" booo!!!!
kill yourself

My game is better than your game.
Kill yourself.

Not posting this.

Attached: Adam and God..jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

You both hate things unnecessarily. RDR2 wasn't a bad game but it wasn't the best game either. Stop judging games based around how much you and other people like them and start judging them based on their actual merits. Christ Yea Forums is full of autists and haters.

shut the fuck up snoyboy

>Arthur's I'm Afraid scene made me question my own morality
you should be embarassed by this. video game story-telling in the movie-like way games like RDR2 and Uncharted try to tell it aren't even within arms length compared to great works of literature or film.

literally go read a book

that's what deadeye is for dummy

>The WIther 3
>bad
be a faggot somewhere else

The Witcher 3 is the best game I have played so far. I finished the game three times so far (one without guide and without expansions, one without guide but with expansions, and one with guide and expansions).

This game is so great. After you know how to avoid fall damage and you know what you can do, this game is a master piece. Even the gameplay is great. Sure, it's no Dark Souls, but it's decent.

The only reason why I would never recommend other to play The Witcher 3 is because it SO FUCKING LONG. You can easily spend 100 hours to finish a 100 % playthrough. Especially if you want to not get spoiled by guides, you have to replay the game.

Also for some people the Witcher senses can be extremely disappointing. Most of the time you will use them and that takes a lot of immersion away. But open world is always either a waste of time or it has things like Witcher senses which reduce your time finding the objective.

The reason why I consider BOTW bad is because it has no native 4k 60 fps. Sure, Cemu delivers a stable 4k 60 fps experience, BUT the game was created for the Switch. The trailer of BOTW showed how the game would have been looked like on PC, but thanks to the shit Nintendo hardware we have this empty mess where everything got reduced to literally mobile phone quality.

My tastes > your tastes is a long held ideology of this site you fucking newfag.

Idk how comparable those are but besides, good thing I didn't compare those two. Like it or not, Sans is a video game icon now and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I couldn't force myself to wade through the unadulterated shit pile that was chapter 4 to finish the game. Did about 80 hours of fucking about in the woods and then quit.

The story for chapters 3 and 4 are beyond retarded and I don't get why people laud the game for having an amazing story.

this one is for me

Attached: ae98f6d95638fbb878406bae8bc6bbbc.png (501x644, 709K)

That was kino as fuck. A shame how bad the franchise become after that point

the E3 reveal of DMC5 is the true defining vidya moment of all time

Attached: 1529356157679.jpg (2000x1125, 1.56M)

Wow you really put a lot of effort into that rebuttal. I'll leave before I use any more time typing some comment you'll dismiss either way. Fuck off and die.

Attached: 1448091451563.png (640x960, 371K)

It's not about taste you fucking retard, it's about having a misguided and FUCKING RETARDED false sense of belonging to a special small group, defending not having spent money on garbage, defending the decision itself of have bought the game, defending a game that they seem to believe belong to them and this small group (and not to either a company/dozens of millions who bought it)

it's applefaggoting after a game...

>I'll leave
that's right snoyboy get the fuck out

Bloodborne is the Neofag and Resetera of games this gen. It's one of the most overrated games and people tend to forget the fucking awful parts about the game like the Chalice dungeons, horrible game performance, trash pvp and complete ass third half of the game which is just teleporting and disappointing bosses like the 3 niggers and The One reborn.

name one truly great thing about RDR2 that isn't derived from it's budget or team size (ie graphics and horse balls)

There’s no point, you clearly have your mind set and won’t change your opinion

I thought this was Yea Forums not Yea Forums

For sure. Had a great time with TW3 as well.

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20181215222111.png (2560x1440, 1.77M)

no, really. I truly don't believe the game does anything really well beyond its size and it's production value. I think it's lauded because of those things.
If you have the perspective of an adult who's played a lot of games and thinks it's great, share it, because I don't see anything.

It's pretty, it's got mediocre gunplay, it's mission design is outdated, it's story is a standard high budget video game story that is completely at odds with the gameplay. What then

cut response but it doesn't address how within the context of story telling it does nothing special. It's a standard high budget video game story that is completely at odds with the gameplay.

will there be anything that tops this kino?

that moment sucked shit

I thought this was Yea Forums not Yea Forums. As a videogame RDR2 is nothing special. Hell it's even bad, with the way it completely neuters its mission and gameplay to make the game feel more 'cinematic'.

why do they heal each other at 5:10

>scenes women will never understand

to keep on fighting

This wasn't even the defining moment of the year in gaming. Maybe not even the month.

>it's story is a standard high budget video game story that is completely at odds with the gameplay
I feel it hard to explain. On one hand I can agree with you but on the other I've never played something so immersive and natural that that issue just melts away. The more I play it the more enjoyable it becomes as I discover all the nooks and crannies it has even down to the melee combat which has lots of options that are never explained. For example while choking someone you can move them around and push them up against objects to hold them against while hitting/choking them out. L3 can also be used to slam them to the ground.

The best part about it is choosing 9S and killing A2 by hacking her.

>slowly deleting her programming with each hack
Erasing her existence felt terrible.

user i didnt even get to this scene because i was so bored out of my mind at the terrible writing that i quite not longer after reaching st denis

>Yikes, Arthur's I'm Afraid scene made me question my own morality for a little bit
what's it like being 12?

I know how it feels, fren

Attached: 1548696331205.jpg (962x539, 31K)

Dunno haven't been that old in 12 years. Got emotions?

Based. Rockstar got nothing on this

I think I know what you mean though about the discovery aspect, I felt that way about Snake holding his back in pain after rolling too muchin MGS4.

Regardless, those little loving details don't make it good. You haven't made any points beyond "I just like it okay." The melee combat isn't good by any means. And games with ludonarrative dissonance are the antithesis of immersion. Bloodborne is immersive, Shadow of the Colossus is immersive. RDR2 pulls you out of immersion at every corner, most notably with it's mission design.

It's fine if you like it, I have guilty pleasures too. Just don't act like it's anything better than super high budget mediocrity.

That's GTA V you fucking retard.

It was so close to being an incredible game

Just slighlty different combat
Just slightly less UI

instead it was ok

No, the game, RDR2, is shit.
Great movie, but the game part is fucking bad.

>I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE

Attached: Nero wings.jpg (960x540, 161K)

This. Especially because it's in actual gameplay and if you make Silver Bullet kick in on the DT instead of the Buster then it's absolute god-tier.

>RDR2 pulls you out of immersion at every corner, most notably with it's mission design.
I personally think the mission design is fine, if the game was constant open world structure with loosely defined missions I probably would have got bored a lot quicker. Having that variety between the open world exploration, focused main missions and interesting side story missions really worked for me at least. I'm not fond of directionless games where the developer leaves it up for you to find your own solution, unless it's uniquely challenging.

Yeah, I suppose it is a guilty pleasure, but I genuinely don't get arguments like movie game etc. It has plenty of gameplay involvement but yeah whether it's enjoyable will be a subjective experience. The game certainly doesn't play itself.

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20190310140452.png (2560x1440, 2.95M)

this game makes you feel so cool

They'll just go even more insane.
Raiden gets a new suit
Nuclear rocket firing into space
Samurai duel with rival on the nuclear rocket
EZ
I WANT MGR2 FUCKKCKCK WE GOT DMC5 NOW GIVE ME FUCKING MGR2

BOTW is a wii U game ported to switch though.
It's literally a last gen game.

>mfw the sword rev that saved video games

Attached: 1548958753363.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

>gets btfo
>c-cute
kek

The FUCK YOU scene in DMC5 has already cemented itself as moment of the generation.

Attached: 1537786658768.png (500x376, 260K)

Attached: 1552161937109.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

>What BOTW did was redefine a genre
Kek

yeah i sure love walking too fast or two slow and getting a mission failed screen, really keeps me immersed in the game world (??????)

>The game certainly doesn't play itself

A lot of the missions feel like they do. You hold X to ride next to the person who's with you, they just talk until you get to the spot, then a gunfight happens where you press the aim button and it immediately snaps to the closest target. Hell, even Deadeye at the start automatically paints targets for you until later in the game.

And yet it was a moment loaded with more meaning than anything I saw in RDR2. It's the game saying "Here you go, this is for you."

Whereas RDR2 straps you into a fucking cart, sticks you onto the fucking tracks, and gives you a half-hearted kick uphill in the snow. for all the sheer fucking decadence in this game, all it really is is a Marvel blockbuster. The big event of the season that's a big financial success but everybody kind of just moves on after because they're getting sick of this kind of samey bullshit.

RDR2 is RDR1 is GTAV is TLOU is Uncharted. They are all becoming the same game of follow linear path to mission, talk during travel, shoot and/or loot some dudes, achieve objective, either continue on linear path, or perhaps explore a clean, sterile open world.

Breath of the Wild is the first open world game for a long while that actually devotes itself to the World more than the narrative. Zelda got to the point where it had one of the firmest grips on player agency in their games, forcing you onto the linear path for most of the game, and so when they let go, they resolved to really let go, and it shows.

People claim the world is empty in BotW, and that's both stupid and false. The world is full of ingredients, wildlife, plantlife, and yes, Koroks, which salty Sony children like to scoff at. The fact of the matter is that korok seeds are a valuable resource for expanding inventory space, and they are both numerous enough and simple enough that you find them all the time, but most of them don't take all that much to solve.

You're given a constant stream of small rewards, particularly in the early game, simply for exploring and fucking around with what you find, and that's just objectively good game design.

The level of salt still gushing out of sony tear ducts is astonishing. At least PC gamers are smart enough to just play the game on Cemu and enjoy it for themselves.

Attached: 1549105374328.gif (325x252, 891K)

>Defining moment of this generation
>posts three games that weren't relevant a month after release

Attached: 15987674685.gif (599x804, 414K)

A platform denied
>Venom Onions

close enough

Attached: 9373848208968515584_20160718231742_1.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

Attached: dat.webm (398x580, 2.93M)