Sweeps your team

>Sweeps your team
>Ruins your nuzlocke

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdtErICAAM8
twitter.com/apios1
youtube.com/watch?v=ivTPldx3OvE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's impossible to lose a nuzlocke if you have unlimited grinding

Destiny Knot

hes only really difficult if youre going against him blind for the first few tries, although ill admit hes actually a tough fight if you dont manage to snag a dark type for your party in a nuzlocke before getting to him. i do like how usum was more difficult overall than the last few games, hopefully gf will continue going in that direction for sword and shield

>He doesn't have a Steel Type

Attached: magnemite.png (200x200, 25K)

>have sturdy skarmory
>use toxic
>spam potions

Attached: lanky-kong-dab.png (690x388, 211K)

I really want GF to go all in on the boss battle angle like they did with totems, Just give them a fuck ton of health and make you have to take them on 3 v 1. Also make them resistant to cheesy strats.

magnemite is cheating, that thing is to good in single player

You mean destiny bond, destiny knot is literally worthless against Necro because it's genderless.

what the fuck is this thing and why does it look like a ps1 rpg boss? i dropped pokemon after x and y...

honestly that's the wrong way to do pokemon boss battles
make it as 6 vs 6 battle against a team with good movesets and a ramped up AI instead

>Children's game has no difficulty setting
>resort to making autistic, barely functional challenges instead of just buying a better game

>that piss yellow coloring
Can't see shit, captain.

>nuzlocke

Attached: b30.png (394x370, 228K)

Fuck I must've gotten them mixed up. Destiny Bond then

Attached: 1551715776368.png (605x1200, 1.02M)

>nuzlocke
Exclusively for virgins who can’t do real challenge runs

pretty weird cuz Necroz oneshot'd mine

>give focus sash to golisopod
>first impression
>forced out
>sac mon
>first impression
>revive golis, sac mon
>first impression
>dead
best buge

Attached: goliso shell.jpg (1400x1400, 1.59M)

Wow, you dropped pokemon literally the generation before sun and moon. You sound old dude, are you 19 or something? I can't believe I'm taking to such an old person.

Attached: 1534548221530.png (960x1166, 1.2M)

it's impossible to oneshot a sturdy 'mon

nevermind, mine has Keen Eye lmao

see this better get an Ability Capsule ASAP

>only real legendary boss in over 20 years
why

Necroz has an ability nullifier.

Photon Geyser ignores abilities.

>get leech seed on it
>send out lv 1 pokemon with sturdy
>win

How could someone unironically post this image? It's almost as autistic as golden sony guy

Only Photon Geyser ignores abilities, he doesn't use that against steel types

toxic

welp, not gonna change Keen Eye now xDDD

Yes he does, he always uses it against anything with Sturdy.

Didn't work on my machine
He just spammed power gem

What does Pokemon XD for the Nintendo Gamecube have to do with this?

What the hell is this supposed to be? Do you have to catch that thing?

Attached: 1538439500881.jpg (640x360, 41K)

another reason why magnezone is such a good option, photon geyser doesn't knock it out and sturdy locks it into using that move

>All these motherfuckers that don't even touch X items which are the equivalent to Amnesia/Swords Dance with priority
You could've made your shitty, slow Pokemon a fucking tank

ohmori was the the one who probably pushed for it
fun fact, he directed and designed the best pokemon games, and is directing sword and shield

Attached: Shigeru_Ohmori.png (430x691, 248K)

Because it's you. You are unironically that guy.

Attached: oof.jpg (319x252, 20K)

big ass light kaiju monster thing that devours light across different universes in an attempt to regain its true form, causing those universes to get fucked in the process. you have to fight him near the climax of ultra sun and ultra moon and a lot of people were caught off guard at first due to how hard the fight was, but managed to find strats that worked not too long after

Attached: file.png (814x608, 344K)

Say that again, I dare, I double dare you!

youtube.com/watch?v=wdtErICAAM8

Attached: 209Motherfuck.png (981x981, 619K)

>in over 20 years
I hope you're not implying mewtwo was hard

Rofl what the fuck is this goofy ass thing

>ramped up AI
A ramped up AI will push your shit in guaranteed, user. It will either read your input or actually calculating the best possible move. Either way, you're fucked.

holy FUUUUUG! :D

Attached: 1465011803913.gif (367x265, 565K)

So do fight it or catch it? If you gotta fight it I don't see why this would be difficult. I would just whip out the pseudo legendary and call it a fight.

I'm not. I'm implying that U-Necroz is the only real legendary boss fight in the entire series.
You can just throw Pokeballs at Mewtwo, you don't even actually have to fight it.
Black/White Kyurem was fucking pathetic and I OHKO'd Black Kyurem with a Frenzy Plant from Serperior.

why the fuck is a single pokemon a problem? unless if you have to catch it then i can understand its difficulty, all legendaries are like that but killing it should be no fucking sweat.

Not gonna lie due to somebody fuck ups in doing a blind nuzlocke this fucker swept me

game?

Attached: lewd_weeb_shit.jpg (371x399, 70K)

Imagine still playing pokemon games in an era where whatever the fuck this dumbass thing is exists

you gotta fight it. the dudes stats are boosted by a stat boosting aura, he can bypass abilities, has good type coverage when it comes to moves, and is really high level overall. its a difficult fight when compared to other fights inn the series

Fight.
It has BST over 700 (On par with Arceus, Mega Fug, and Mega Mewtwo)
Is fought 10 levels higher than your team likely is
And all of its stats is boosted by 1.5x for the battle

>high level
what are we talking here? Like 50s? 60s?

You can't catch it, you beat it and it shows up gravely wounded in a weak form in a crater before the E4, then you catch it.
Good luck trying to smack Necrozma with Salamence or Kommo-o, they both die in one hit even if they're above it in level. Probably ez with Metagross though.

It has a 50% boost to its already great stats and is quite high leveled.

60 when your team will be 50ish.
Honestly, level is not particually relevant compared to the stat boost.
It has an actual AI too, so it doesn't attack randomly like most wild pokemon.

Level 60 when your party would be about 50, BST is only slightly lower then Mega fug, and it has +1 in all stats. Also a move that gets past abilities like Sturdy.

good luck finding a mon with both Desteny Bond and Prankster, otherwise Destiny Bond will never hit first

Retard

Is Deino available at that point? I could kick it's ass with Hydreigon

Attached: wario party.gif (128x128, 49K)

60s
For reference the normal totem boss after it is L55 (but it has an aura that doubles all its stats, as opposed to Necro's 1.5x boost, as well as assistants).

i used liepard. easiest battle of my life

It outspeeds and oneshots with Dragon Pulse.

he probably reads your stats and determines whether or not geyser would oneshot, and spams power gem if it wouldn't

He didn't direct BW2 tho

Deino is only in vanilla SM as an island scan spawn.
Regardless, Hydreigon is instantly killed by it. Bad idea to bring dragon types (dragon pulse) or Fairy types in general (Smart Strike), except Mimikyu.

Mimikyu can still be oneshot by Photon Geyser.

*toxic stalls you with alola muk*
nothin personnel...

Typically it usually opts for Smart Strike unless your Mimikyu has a certain nature.

Got swept on my first try and had to evolve my Pupitar to win.

Imagine Pokemon with some SMT level difficult fights.
The fucking dream.
SMT isn't that difficult tho.

I poisoned that false god. Than I ran protect/stall with Mimikyu's ability and my Donphan's sturdy. Watched him die a slow death for all the bros I lost in previous runs.

Attached: fpd39847938749732.gif (418x300, 1010K)

pokemon clover

>paralyze and debuff
>send in mold breaker mon with boosting move
>win
even with difficult fights there's just going to be certain strategies that break the majority of them anyway unless you make said fights pack counters to those specific situations, which would only make them get wrecked by more common strategies in most cases

I like having something other than just some "big" trainer to fight.

As much as I loved the battle, it does suck that it's more of a puzzle than and actual boss.
>Do you have a way of surviving a single hit?
>If yes, use toxic, stall with revives, win
>If no, get anally raped by the light dragon

Attached: index.jpg (218x231, 12K)

i really like ultra necrozma's design and theme. although gen 7 didnt do much right in the gameplay department, it had some pretty cool pokes

Ultra Necrozma was hard because it had near perfect coverage in its moves and, along with its double stat boost in each stat it would easily OHKO every single Pokemon in your team. When I fought him casually I had to use Bulldoze with Metagross to reduce Necrozma's Spd since it was the only one in my team who could survive a couple of hits, only so Ribombee could not get outsped to use Stun Spore so the rest of my team could have a fighting chance. I got very lucky though since Necrozma got paralyzed three times in a row and Ribombee took him down.

Overall one of the hardest fights in the whole series, even with a Steel type in your team which was iirc the only thing that could tank any of its moves.

Attached: 1477230967152.png (1280x1283, 903K)

You could have both. Totems as sort of "puzzle" bosses where you have to win against this specific combination of aspects and Trainers for general purpose strategies. Totems done well could show how flexible Pokemon's battle system can really be but GF are never gonna realize it's true potential.

Not excusing it, but there's only so much AI can do for difficulty. There will be methods to cheese any boss thrown at you.

I just took my Moon Lunala out of the bank for the battle.

Nebby kicked its ass.

Attached: 1322936561047.png (906x845, 204K)

>being of pure light from a dimension of true sanctity
>easiest way to beat him is to use the sickness/disease of your fucked up world

My Lopunny was able to tank a few hits, but I admittedly needed an X Sp. def to do it.

I took a zoura out of my PC, taught it toxic, placed a pokemon weak to psychic at the tail end of my party.
I poisoned it, but I'm pretty sure it saw through the disguise the next turn, one shotting zoura and forcing me to rely in revive stalling.
I remember how in gen 5, enemy AI was completely stumped by disguise.

all it needs to do is learn how to properly switch and that alone would make fights more challenging
the only times the AI does switch is if they literally cannot hit you with anything, and that only really comes up with fighting types knowing 4 variants of karate chop

Totems are gone forever probably.
Galar is confirmed to have those stadiums people were looking at as Gyms, with a "Gym Master" instead of a gym leader.

Frosslass with a +spd nature and spd EVs does the trick.

Is Ultra Sun/Moon actually good? I picked it up but dropped it after an hour after I realized I have to go the fucking boring ass 5 hour tutorial island again and you can't skip cutscenes

What's wrong with a self-imposed challenge?

Attached: shieldsmite.jpg (417x306, 94K)

>not curse stalling with a team of trashmon

>uses toxic

Attached: E6BAC92F-CCD8-4F8B-921A-D7BB2DE5094D.png (800x580, 122K)

is it too much of a pipe dream to hope that sword and shield will have a difficulty setting?
imagine pokemon with trainers who actually switch and use items, and have full teams

i think they are the third best pokemon games, after hg/ss and bw2.

looks like a Digimon that used the golden digi egg. cool stuff.

Not if you played the base versions no.

>when we added difficulty settings to Black 2 and White 2 we found few players fully utilized them, so we opted to remove them from future titles
>but here's a bullshit photo mode we'll shove down your throat the entire game

Attached: Junichi_Masuda.jpg (1864x2475, 2.02M)

delet this

Attached: mediceating.jpg (2421x1869, 1.65M)

Reminder he removed the battle frontier because smartphones exist

MASUUUUDAAAA

Attached: 1552148647298.jpg (173x356, 67K)

It's the "definitive" version of Gen 7, which doesn't help much when the originals Sun/Moon were pretty much beta versions. GF teased everyone with USUM being some sort of alternate reality with more emphasis on Ultra Beasts and the stuff but the only thing you get is a story that varies until the third fourth of the game (meaning that 75% of the game's story is pretty much exactly the same), a couple of extra Ultra Beasts to capture and a Mantine Surfing minigame which is good for BP farming. Other than that, if you already played SM, don't even bother, you'll have to watch every single unskippable cutscene all over again and the only postgame reward is the Ultra Wormhole that allows you to catch legendaries from older versions, but the novely dies very fast.

By far the worst third version in the series. But hey, at least pic related finally has a proper trial.

Attached: Df3rpW3V4AAvboB.jpg (1080x1200, 163K)

>and have full teams

Yeah, and then people would complain that the game drags on forever because every single random trainer has a team of six EV trained, good IV Pokemon. I agree that past the second half of the game every trainer should have at least a minimum of three Pokemon, but asking for full teams for every single trainer is just turning the game into a chore.

>another shitty psychic legendary
there's so many fucking types and they the most boring and stale out of them all

I'm convinced that was just on-the-spot bullshit he made up because he didn't want to give out the real answer. The "exclude a potentially challenging post game because kids wouldn't have the attention span" excuse sounds dumb.

>be me
>finally get to this battle
>Hear its really hard, one of the hardest battles in the game series
>use toxic
>win before he sweeps my whole team
why the fuck were having trouble with him?

no they removed the battle frontier because they are lazy and didn't want to 3d model it

How does Citra run Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun? Can I speed it up to get through the ridiculously long intro?

At least we got our very first poison legendaries

Attached: 793Nihilego.png (1280x1280, 738K)

Because he outspeeds and oneshots the vast majority of the Pokemon available to you at that point in the game?

>when we added difficulty settings to Black 2 and White 2 we found few players fully utilized them...

BECAUSE YOU LOCKED THEM BEHIND NEW GAME+ YOU SQUINTY FUCK

Attached: 1472767475633.jpg (459x530, 51K)

they run pretty good
unfortunatelly there's no turbo mode

It depends entirely on your team. Ultra Necrozma can one shot most people's entire team, so of course he's seen as "hard".

>shitty
>one of the best pokemon
bruh moment

Nihilego gave me a tentacle fetish.

UBs aren't legendaries
they're just weird regular pokemon from another dimension

Lmao my focus sash Alolan Ninetales destroyed this thing

Not officially :^)
Yeah technically they're coded in the same group, but that was more because of game balance and the fact that SM only allowed for limited spawns of them and they're unbreedables. So technically the UBs are not officially considered legendaries, although for some goofy reason Silvally is.

>he doesn't know goldface

They’re considered minor legends in the pokedex just like Type: Null and Silvally

Or maybe you could have Pokemon with more than four moves? Change up the 20 year old formula even a little bit? Would give gamefreak a lot more wiggle room

Does no one realize that Ultra Necrozma is always set to be 10 levels higher than your highest Pokemon?

>be me
>use cheese strat
>spam healing items
>THIS BOSS WAS SO EASY GUYS

When people reached him, it surely wiped their asses during the first attempt, unless you had a good Steel type which was the only thing that could tank its moves, or Zoroark which would lock him into using its Psychic-type move forever if it was disguised as a Pokemon weak to it. I still remember how a lot of people bragged about how easy U-Necrozma was when they used stuff like Lv1 Aron, transfered Pokemon or Toxic stall with healing spam, that even before fighting the Pokemon for the first time. Give me a break.

Attached: DuBv2ZbVAAE7_Cd.jpg (1862x1097, 291K)

physic is such a boring choice considering there's so many fucking phychic legendaries already

Is it possible to make an egglocke out of this game? what are the rules to an Egglocke?

That's a cute Tapu, user.

>Blocks your path

Attached: 1200px-571Zoroark.png (1200x1200, 500K)

wtf is that? is that a pokemon nowadays? looks like a digimon.

Thank you. I think this is the artist: twitter.com/apios1

Attached: DuDARfCUUAA2K4H.jpg (1735x1007, 148K)

N used Zekrom/Reshiram on his team.

That's a trainer boss. Otherwise I'd have counted Gladion, since he also uses a legendary Pokemon.

What pokemon is this? Those are some nice thighs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivTPldx3OvE

People have been saying this since gen 3

Ultra Necrozma.

Attached: UltraNecrozmaBattle.jpg (2456x1735, 723K)

I bet Super Fug could take him

Is the nuzlocke guy still uploading comics?

Mega Fug can take anyone.

Attached: c37.jpg (680x716, 95K)

THANK YOU Fug

Attached: Shed.png (1200x1171, 458K)

Black/White Kyurem in BW2. It's much easier than whatever the USUM boss was called though

THANK YOU FUG

THANK YOU Fug

Attached: oh Fug it's happening.gif (239x239, 194K)

what the fuck is that thing
looks like a bootleg digimon lmao

Thank you Mega Fug. My favorite pokemon happens to be Bewear

Attached: 46c.png (511x580, 211K)

New digimon is looking pretty good.

Attached: b5c030b91ff864a5a5eebd9b2bfb221a.jpg (850x867, 94K)