Was this his last chance?

Was this his last chance?

Attached: images.png (205x246, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashboards.com/forums/brawl-character-discussion.118/?order=reply_count&direction=desc
youtube.com/watch?v=vXkOuk9KSUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Awww it’s okay nigger puppet, there’s always a next Smash, right?

Attached: 52C47125-8E1D-404C-A041-68AC30329C0F.png (800x600, 500K)

Nope. So long as people continue to shitpost him like they did with ridley he will eventually make it.

>implying he ever had one

>Side character from a 23-year-old game
Never had a chance to begin with, puppetfag

>”I want Geno in over anyone!”
>”Why?”
>”Because memes”

not happening, man. smash shouldn't even be a priority anyway. we should hope for him to make a return to his actual series first, and with mallow in tow, too.

BASED Crying geno

He's not making it into the next Paper Mario.

>side character

>implying we're even getting another paper mario

Paper Mario sells pretty well.

Unfortunately yes, he’s been my most wanted since Brawl was announced but Ultinate was the last shot he had. Ultimate’s big thing was “everyone is here” and had boomer fan service characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon, and he still didn’t get in.
>D-DLC!
SE has nothing to gain from it. Unless Soccor Guy buys the rights to Geno and Mallow with his own money, he isn’t getting in. Erdrick would be cool though, I hope he gets in over any other gay ass shill picks or discord tranny tier picks like Sora.

Attached: 70A84ABE-B3B6-42EE-A4F2-D0020F6C6211.jpg (460x628, 77K)

IS devs said they don't even want to make a new paper mario, and if they do, it's going to be entirely different from everything we've seen so far

plus they're far up FE's ass

it's not happening, bro

Not him, but the sales aren’t the issue, the issue is that Nintendo will never make another actual Paper Mario game. We might get another SS sequel, or maybe a Paper Mario Tetris or some other dumb shit but never a real Paper Mario game.

I didn't say it would happen soon.

Except that Ridley actually had the crecidentals of being included. As in, he wasn't just a side character who made one actual appearance in a game from over 20 years ago.

>Paper Geno
I never even considered that, that would be really funny if done right. Good thing Paper Mario is dead and will never return.

Attached: 74D3122F-1C68-4FA9-B3EB-2EEFFC1EF600.png (500x700, 111K)

who even said anything about paper mario?

>alphadream has former square devs who worked on smrpg
>they also have yoko shimomura, smrpg's composer
>they've expressed wanting to use geno and mallow before

if they return to an rpg game, it'll be through M&L. they have nothing to do with paper mario.

>these are all the unique/non-clone secondary characters playable in Smash
>geno stans think their character is on the same level as anyone in pic related

Attached: smashpeople.png (1268x579, 721K)

Yes.

Attached: 1543277018315.gif (426x426, 591K)

>side character
>muh relevancy
Also you idiot zoomers never thought he had the “credentials” (can’t believe you unironically just said that you absolute faggot) until he was announced and you got BTFO beyond belief. Then suddenly you switched to “w-we’ll duh he got in! He’s the most famous character ever after all! _____ is the real never ever! _____fags btfo!

this

>these threads are STILL being made
I fucking hate each and every one of you responsible for this. Seek professional help.

Attached: mike.jpg (500x280, 35K)

Ridley always deserved to be in Smash, that was not the point. The main point of contention was whether they could make a character who's usually a giant boss character work as a smaller playable fighter.

more like
>”I want anyone in over Geno!”
>”Why?”
>”Because memes”

>le to big!
kys

>a pepe/wojak edit
darkest timeline of Yea Forums

>The main point of contention was whether they could make a character who's usually a giant boss character work as a smaller playable fighter.
That was one excuse, and it was a legitimate thing to bring up. What you’re forgetting is the countless retards that claimed he was irrelevant because Metroid isn’t as popular as any of Nintendo’s other heavy hitting franchises, (this often came with the argument that Super Metroid sold less copies than Yoshis Wooly World, like that fucking maters) and isn’t popular at all in Japan. The other common thing to bring up was that he was just a dragon with no real character other than being Samus’ rival. Again, the same people that made that argument are making the same argument with Geno(to a lesser degree) and pretending like they never said it about Ridley or K. Rool.

What part of "Ultimate" did you get? This is the last Smash. Where even would they go from here?

Smash Ultimate+?
Smash Ultimate Turbo?
Smash SuperUltimate?
Super Smash Super Ultimate God Blue?
Smash Blanco?

Attached: 1547330710686.png (1070x601, 779K)

Well those people are retarded then, the one thing getting in the way of Ridley being made playable was Sakurai unwilling to make compromises with the character, until the ballot hit.

None of this changes the fact that Ridley (and K. Rool) is still a far more important character than Geno will ever be, that's why the former is playable and the latter isn't.

>Well those people are retarded then,
Yes, you are
>muh relevancy
Ridley and K. Rool being more “important” than Geno doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have gotten in over retarded like Isabelle or Incineroar.

Was? We don't know that. Until the last DLC character is announced, we do not know that.

I want Geno in too, but Isabelle is popular enough to warrant her inclusion. Incineroar, even though I like him, was shoehorned in because of an actual rule.
This newcomer roster was pretty tightly knit. If a few more characters could get in, Geno probably could've been one of them.

>This is the last smash

Attached: source-s-dude-trust-me-source-a6-19833668.png (500x525, 16K)

SeeGeno getting attention wouldn’t benefit SE since any SMRPG sales would be from SNES minis or Wii U virtual console(if it’s even still online). Square would have to go through the hassle and get nothing in return.

Man Genofags are delusional.

Isabelle is literally the face/mascot of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, she's in fucking Mario Kart for god's sake. And Incineroar is a new Pokemon, which, by default, makes him a big deal.

But no, apparantly this literal who puppet who appeared in one game from two decades ago deserves to be in more because of a few nerds on the internet wanting him.

Attached: isabellegun.png (1175x1138, 340K)

>Ariana Grande is relevant enough to warrant her inclusion on the new Jimi Hendrix tribute album, regardless of whether or not it would be a good addition
I don’t care about your dumb ass obsession with relevancy. I don’t mean to attack you personally for it I just see people crying about it constantly and using it as an excuse for shitty picks.

>characters are automatically good if they’re relevant

Attached: 5786524B-439E-4B5C-AB67-6FD655050665.png (2500x1645, 197K)

dumb zoomer

Isabelle has infinitely more character than a literally wooden, one-shot side-character whose sole defining trait is his lack of personality. Geno is uninteresting even when compared with other SMRPG characters like Mallow. And if you want evidence of how widely-liked Isabelle is, look at how much fan art she has, how well her merchandise sells, or the reuslts of any of the Animal Crossing character polls she's dominated. You're completely delusional and out-of-touch (not too unusual for a Smash autist) if you think that Isabelle is obscure and disliked.

Stay seething you autistic faggot.
Imagine wasting an entire decade supporting a literal who puppet who appeared in one game. LOL

Attached: 1525276724732.jpg (1302x1660, 226K)

I'm glad that Geno is a never ever while Ashley is a shoo-in for the next game.

This is what happens when you make fun of Ashleychads, karme gets you.

based

Attached: 1540187927037.png (224x256, 78K)

Fuck off Geno haters, Geno is THE most requseted Smash character of all time.

smashboards.com/forums/brawl-character-discussion.118/?order=reply_count&direction=desc

Take a good look at this, notice something? Geno sits at the top in terms of support from Smash fans. Ridley is only in fourth while K.Rool is so shit that he isn't even on the first place.

The only reason Geno isn't in is because Square are greedy and hard to work with, be lucky you fuckers didn't get BTFO.

*snap*

Attached: FADC582A-C898-4C60-ADE9-17A61D9CEE1B.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

>Meant first page, sorry. K.Rool is so shit that he's not featured on the first page. Even Krystal, Ashley and Lyn are higher than him.

imagine standing in solidarity on either side of a 'character in video game' debate. God you're pathetic.

>side character
Glad you people always open with this, that way everyone can see you haven’t played SMRPG, although the rest of your post made that pretty clear as well.
>if you think Isabelle is obscure and disliked
I wasn’t implying that, the point was that a character being relevant doesn’t make them good for SSB by default.

this

I hope Sakurai would die of exhaustion in his office, so that Nintendo could hire somebody who isn't an delusional fuckhead

Geno is neither good nor relevant.

Now this is pure coping.

Attached: 1522558864148.jpg (332x187, 7K)

who the fuck is this faggot anyways

Attached: not okami.jpg (395x395, 25K)

Geno is good though. Not currenty relevant, but still beloved, like a few other characters in SSB, not that it matters because caring about relevancy in the first place is retarded.

Give me one good reason why The Prince wouldn't be an excellent choice

Attached: The_Prince.jpg (346x253, 14K)

Projecting yourself puppet nigger?

>w-who is this guy? I totally don’t know who it is and that secretly makes my opinion better than yours

Popular isn't the same as good. He's a oneoff character with like 20 lines total in an RPG where his main plot role is to dump exposition to get the ball rolling on plot, after which he does nothing besides fuck off back to heaven.

Geno is at least on the level of Palutena

jesus christ threads like these with delusional genofags and extremist geno haters make me fucking ashamed to just... like the character at all

i swear to god we're not all like this. i'd just like to see him again, nothing more, nothing less. smash isn't it, though. people need to accept that and the facts about geno that he's, in the grand scheme of things, very insignificant.

i'll never stop loving the character, though, and maybe one day, he'll return to his home series. doesn't mean it's okay to be fucking delusional about it and his chances in smash, though.

> Takamaru that high
Jesus, I never knew he had that much support during Brawl, this was years before he appeared in a game outside of Japan mind you.

SEETHING Snoyboy

Palutena has a 100% showing rate in her own series and is a central character in KiU for the entire game.

Ironically enough he didn't have credentials until he was revealed. If Geno gets in all of a sudden you'll say he always had credentials.

>popular isn’t the same as good
I agree, I and many others just think he would be a good fit, not that it matters because he’s never getting in. As for the rest of your post, we’ve been over that in the other 500 threads you’ve spammed it in.

Yes. As well as getting another unique Zelda character

Oh wow, a 100% showing rate in a franchise with two games. Mighty impressive. If anything I'd compare Geno with Sheik, though at least Geno was playable in his home series.

>Muh relevant argument
King K Rool said otherwise

this is the most intelligent post in this thread.

Can someone add Cloud dabbing in the background?

Honestly at this point it wouldn't even surprise me if Nintendo went for it. I can't imagine any character not being completely out of left field like Plant and Joker were and Smash already has one Namco character.

> Two games
Everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=vXkOuk9KSUk

brawl was the only game he had a chance

>Three games
Oh my, that honestly changes everything. Such an impressive track record indeed. And I suppose she was at least playable in one of them?

I'll admit that Palutena was kind of lucky that Kid Icarus Uprising happened to be developed by the same guy who created Smash.

All that being said, Palutena is at least more important to Kid Icarus than Geno, appearing in all three KI games and being a central character in Uprising. She's technically even the series' namesake in Japan.

> If anything I'd compare Geno with Sheik, though at least Geno was playable in his home series.

Sheik is just Zelda.

It might as well be 2 games for how forgotten this game is to the main public

Don't worry sora, you're not in either!

>All that being said, Palutena is at least more important to Kid Icarus than Geno,

I meant "more important to Kid Icarus than Geno is to Mario"

Being playable means shit to be in Smash, as long as your are iconic and popular

Ridley has never been playable in Metroid games, and he's playable. Same with Ganondorf and Piranha Plant before they were in Smash.

>Sheik is just Zelda.
Barely. Smash treats them as almost completely different characters, specially from Smash 4 onwards. Sheik also got her own spot in Hyrule Warriors completely separated from Zelda.

by that logic it should be 1 game because the first is just as forgotten

Fuck off zoomer, now you are stretching it

It just means that Palutena was hardly important in those three instances she appeared. In the first game she was literally only present in the ending to give Pit a small reward and some generic "Thanks for saving me!" message. In Uprising she got a bigger, more active role, but even that pales in comparison to being playable, which is a far bigger role.

Yeah but Sheik in OOT was just the alter-ego of that incarnation of Zelda, and thus only got into Melee as apart of her transformation gimmick. She was already grandfathered into the series by the time transformations were axed for Smash 4, so that's why she stuck around as her own character.

Had Sheik been a completely seperate entity from Zelda in OOT's story, she would of never been playable in Smash.

Attached: sheikzelda.jpg (474x475, 26K)

I know.
>Had Sheik been a completely seperate entity from Zelda in OOT's story, she would of never been playable in Smash.
I agree with this. Actually, I feel Sheik should never have gotten in Smash regardless, but nothing that can be done at this point. Smash will forever be stuck with three Links, two Zeldas, and one Ganon.

Genofags deserve all the mockery that they get.

Attached: 1536501320990.png (1413x757, 184K)

See Geno is way more popular than Kuck Rool, you only got in because you were first-party.

Why couldn't they be bothered to actually draw a briefcase? That shit sticks out like a sore thumb on what would otherwise be a decent picture.

Not that user, but I unironically believe that Geno would have gotten in by now if he was third party or simply owned by anyone but Square Enix.

stop making this thread faggot.

unironically coping

if he was owned by nintendo, he likely would have been in more games (especially since paper mario was originally smrpg2) and would have been in smash. hell, even a third party like camelot would mean he'd be around, even if not in smash because camelot boys get the shaft.

square, though? fat chance.

COPE

SEETHING Scaliefags

>he likely would have been in more games (especially since paper mario was originally smrpg2) and would have been in smash.

Nah, he probably would of been shoved into the same vault with Wart

Why would I seethe?
K. Rool is playable while your autism puppet is stuck in the cuck shed. You lost bitch.

Attached: 1537884461503.png (500x500, 215K)

I just realized I wrote "third party" instead of "first party," but I think you got my point. Yeah, at the very, very least Geno wouldn't have been removed from the Superstar Saga remake. I'm actually incredibly surprised he didn't even make it to Fortune Street, Sports Mix, or the basketball DS game. Sucks that he's owned by Square Enix.
On the bright side, Wart may appear in the Link's Awakening remake, unless they shaft him by replacing him with a generic green moblin or some bullshit. I think Wart's situation is specially weird because he was never a Mario character, unlike Geno.

> I think Wart's situation is specially weird because he was never a Mario character, unlike Geno.

I mean, couldn't you say that about the other Mario 2 characters? And they still appear. Birdo might not be in mainline games but she still appears in the spinoffs, same thing with Shy Guys, who also appear in shit like Captain Toad.

Bob-ombs also first appeared in Mario 2 and yet they've been in every Mario game since.

Attached: Birdo-MP9.png (220x352, 51K)

Because a "one-off puppet" is more popular than your character.

Face it, if Geno wasn't owned by Square, you would be the one getting BTFO

Real heroes don't wear capes.

You guys are crazy, Geno might be in Mario Kart at best.

mario himself bing bing wahoos that argument into yoshi's gullet

Oh shit, yeah, you're right. It's not just Birdo, Bob-Omb, and Shy Guy, even the damn Pokeys debuted in Super Mario Bros 2. Ninjis and Snifits also keep appearing in games. Yeah, it really is weird how they selected some stuff to keep as staple and they neglected other characters like Wart. I wish they would bring back fucking Tryclyde and Mouser.

The drawfag he paid to do the drawing forgot the briefcase, so user lazily shooped one in.

STEVE WILL BE IN SMASH
STEVE WILL BE IN SMASH
AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

>still thinking Erdrick is in
*double snap*

He won’t, now fuck off

>Geno haters are so autistic that they pay money to other autists to draw images for them to shitpost with
Does anyone have that one of PP eating Geno? I don’t blame people for calling Genofags delusional but there is literally nothing as pathetic as this.

Attached: AE7E807A-92AB-405A-A3A0-123CFDC05ACE.png (187x200, 27K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1523917114073.png (800x638, 186K)

No, but it was Isaac's

>Genofags get btfo so hard they lie and damage control
OH NO NO NO NO NO
PFFTHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA

>rpg character
>showing up anywere
Any Mario sport/kart OC is unironically more likely than any Mario RPG character

Post the PP image user. You paid for it, may as well use it.

Cope harder Genofag

geno is forgettable and superstar saga is better without him.

When you put it that way, Geno's a lot like Shiek

It can't be his last chance because he never had one to begin with.
He feels like a forced pick, I'm sure a lot of people want him just because they've seen the few genuine supporters who actually care about him

Attached: spy.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

He objectively had a chance in brawl since Sakurai himself stated that he wanted him in, but it’s clear now that Sakurai has since moved on to bigger and better things than a party member in an old and obscure RPG

Complaining about Isabelle getting into Ultimate is equivalent to complaining about pikachu and jigglypuff getting into smash 64.

I don't understand all the shitposting, we could get anything at this point. Nobody has any clue right now.

see

I said they were alike, not the same. I'm well aware of why Shiek stuck around and got in in the first place.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's pretty much like Sheik. A one-off side character. The only difference is that Sheik is first party and Geno's not only third party, but he's owned by one of the stingiest companies in gaming.

The difference is that Sheik got in as an extension of Zelda, not exactly by the merits of herself.

Yeah, but she shouldn't have gotten in even as an extension of Zelda. Why did she have the right to get such preferential treatment when no one else did?

Because Sakurai through it'd give Zelda a unique niche (in practice, everyone just used Shiek)

What I find completely unreasonable is that they made a whole character just to give Zelda an exclusive niche that no one else got in Melee when they could have used that time to include Wario, a character far more important than Sheik. Had they done so we would actually have a Wario Land-based Wario instead of Sakurai's fan fiction + WarioWare.

>c-cope!
I’m not the one spending money on shitposting images user.

Wario is based, but Zelda is more known and Sakurai seems to like making "weird" characters.

Look dude I like Wario as well, but what makes you think Wario would have gotten a good move set if he was added in Melee? Did you forget that motherfucking Ganondorf became a falcon clone in Melee? Did you forget that Melee had a development time of 13 month and everything was rushed? If anything I'm glad Wario got in Brawl instead, he would've sucked ASS in melee and his crappy move set would've stuck with him to this day. Wario's current move set is great. The bike from Ware, the shoulder tackle from Land, and the different grab animations are from Land and World.

Attached: 1541045951415.png (500x708, 751K)

Stop with this bullshit
You guys fucking know that square is actually the reason geno isn't actually playable
2 songs
2 spirits
No spirits in WoL outside of unlocking cloud
No official artwork for fighter spirits
It's fucking obvious
>inb4 COPE
Fuck off i've had my hopes shattered ever since E3 rodin was shown as an assist
If you are a wojak or pepe poster then fucking kys too

Attached: BossGiygas.png (256x224, 6K)

Zelda may be more known than Wario, but she was already in the game. She didn't need to have Sheik, it would've been fine if she was given some other Down B. Absolutely no one gave a fuck about Sheik before she got into Smash, and even after that people still don't give a fuck about her. When was the last time she actually appeared in a Zelda game? Hyrule Warriors, and that was a third-party spin-off.
If Sheik hadn't been made then Ganondorf at least may have had an unique moveset, you know? Instead they gave Zelda a double moveset. Those priorities were very fucked.

>Rodin
Absolutely fucking based, user. Too bad we couldn't even get fucking new songs even though this shit was begging for You May Call Me Father and The Greatest Jubilee for Giant Palutena's battle.

This is kind of how I feel about K. Rool. Even if he'd have gotten in in Brawl I doubt he'd have been as cool as he turned out in Ultimate.

Attached: 1x8axtHXQAAKT1d.jpg (1200x675, 101K)

I need source for that pic

twitter somewhere, sorry I can't be of more help

I think i found it
May be zestalicious

No wait found it
It's leg4me

Isn't this guy literally from a SNES game? That's it?

He cameod in a Superstar Saga minigame.
It got removed in the remake because they didn't want to pay Square-Enix again for such a tiny role.

Attached: Genomlss.png (240x160, 6K)

Never ever, Assist trophy.

What happened? Did I miss some news or is this the usual memery?

He's as relevant now as he was before Ultimate: not at all.

Now HERE'S a character who had just one shot for Smash glory.

Attached: blunder-dead.png (338x352, 316K)

The only place for Geno is foot-first into a woodchipper. That Puppetbros bullshit was just embarassing.

Attached: the competition is pretty intense.jpg (1024x772, 653K)

Fucking genofags jumping on skull kids dick when people started talking about him

Should have bought his game

>Pics of Ridley and K. Rool now making fun of others
What a timeline

that was the complete opposite of what happened you retard

Blow me Genofag. You started humping Skull Kid's leg after the August direct ended and he started to get hyped up. You're all nothing but a bunch of fake opportunistic bitches.

Based. Fuck geno losers