Game set in 2011

>game set in 2011
>everyone has flip phones and fat box TVs

Attached: IMG_5801.jpg (800x1127, 184K)

It's set in a nowhere old town, this makes total sense. Yasogami is their only school and it's delapidated as fuck.

It's Japan, what did you expect? It's 2019 and I see more flip phones in a day in Tokyo than in a whole year in my country.

It's also set in japan

actually it was originally released in 2008, and the above posts still stand

>nowhere old town

The irl town it's modelled after has a population of 100,000 and most "towns" in Japan are at the most an hour away from a major city

I grew up in a town that was 10,000 pop and 6 hours from the nearest city. That was real shit

>using the western box art
>complaining about shit that didn't apply to Japan
OP is dumb ass faggot

It's set in 2011 though

You're a nigger aren't you?

I know but they couldn't predict that smartphones would take over like they did in 2008.

Persona 5 is set in 2017 and Joker uses a CRT television and rents DVD's

He lives with some old fuck though.

the year isnt specified in p5 and he does that because hes a poor highschoolers and thats all he can afford

even though you have hundreds of thousands of yen from palaces

That's because Japan refuses to let go of optical media.

Most teenagers would probably play phone games or watch Youtube rather than use that ancient shit yeah. That loft is still maximum comfy

>literally living in a village right now with sub 5k people
>ultra comfy, no one expects anything from anyone as having "ambitions" here is getting a job at the local supermarket
>girls are also super-easy as they lack the ability to pick ultra-Chads and Jamals
Life's not bad.

What in the most holy of fucks do you do for money? Are you a supermarket-hero?

Japab had fli phones for a long assime because they were hip there. Smartphones only took of recently there.

Sounds comfy user. I dream of getting a stable but not overly demanding job in some remote little shithole. All I want is to live my life out in comfort while playing video games and not wanting to kill myself after coming home from a day of work.

Wanting to kys is what makes you, you user!

>being a degenerate and picking up girls instead of waiting till marriage

Wagecucking is the true death user. I question why I do it all the time.

don't disrespect the clamshell phone

He bought it from an old thrift store because he lived in an attic.

t. didn’t play the game

Flip phones are still popular in Japan. Even in 2019. And Persona 4 was released before first iPhone announcement.

>The game was released in Japan in July 2008
>On January 9, 2007, Steve Jobs announced iPhone at the Macworld convention, receiving substantial media attention. Jobs announced that the first iPhone would be released later that year. On June 29, 2007, the first iPhone was released.

Japan is weirdly attached to old shit like CDs, faxes and DVDs.

Attached: 1551575370031.png (514x676, 465K)

Persona 4 is one of the comfiest games I've ever played. It's mostly running around doing small tasks in the town and planning how you spend your time without really worrying about anything.

I haven't played anything like that since. Maybe I should try Animal Crossing or Receattar for a similar feel?

and high school girls

>even though you have hundreds of thousands of yen from palaces
No Persona game has ever really acknowledged the money you collect in the dungeons, except that one time in P3.

I thought it was 2016

It makes sense to me, I am not Japanese but I grew up in the middle of nowhere rural town too. I believe the touch screen phones started becoming more common and more accessible in 2012, maybe later, but only by 2014 they have overtaken. I remember that specifically because I had to transfer in high school and I ended up in class where for the first time all kids had smartphones.

My parents didn't switch to smartphones until just 2 years ago.

I believe it was 2016. Why did Atlus even bother trying to make the year ambiguous when the game was clearly using the 2016 calendar. What exactly was there to gain.

>flip phones
it's 2011 in japan and broke ass students
>CRTs
broke ass students

i went to japan in 2015 and i i saw shitload of places with old ass tvs. I don't think shit like that is uncommon around there.

Attached: 1507037995912.png (1500x1200, 588K)

I started playing Persona 4 pretty right off the bat after finishing Persona 3 and the difference in feeling was pretty interesting. Persona 3 constantly felt oppressive to me, while Persona 4 felt super chill even when you keep the murders in mind.

Recettear is great, but not as chill. You'll have to pay out your dad's debt at the end of every week which get ridiculous. Still, check it out, though, I just think Persona 4 is a bit more forgivable and I don't view money aspect as very comfy.

For top comfy just check out any of Atelier games.

>Atelier
>comfy

dunno how time restraint games are considered comfy.

I guess it depends on how you view it, when you manage to do something you feel impactful in allowed amount of time you feel sense of achievement almost like doing a taxing task IRL.

its clearly 2016. The calendar matches and the references to past characters in the series (like Rise's age) match up to that year.

Well they do live in bumfuck nowhere.

Hell I didn't even get a cell phone personally until 2011 myself and I didn't get a smartphone until 2017. I kinda miss my flip phone, shit was less hassle.

wtf this is not what the year 2000 was like
are the devs retarded

Attached: a17m1u834sjyttjpg.jpg (1600x900, 296K)

Thanks for the tip.

Reminder to play the PS2 version on emulator for the untainted experience

Attached: 1547157497280.jpg (280x275, 23K)

Undubbed

If you like Persona 4 for the social link aspect look up Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Doesn't Atelier games wants you to play ng+? Some people just want to play one playthrough and thats it. So you can imagine the time management beating down on players like that who wants to see as much content as possible on one go.

Japan still uses fax machines in 2019, my dude.

this also

Attached: 1546745419690.jpg (1920x1200, 121K)

DVD rental is still a huge deal in Japan. There are brick and mortar video stores everywhere

Japan's a bizarre place. It's both technologically ahead and behind simultaneously. They do some things so well, yet others make you scratch your head in disbelief.

explain, i played it on PS3 and im interested now

probably just means using the undub

I dunno I played it on PS2 and Vita and while Golden has a lot of nice QoL changes it also has a lot of new additions that, at least in my opinion, make the game worse (Marie's the most obvious one but even beyond that minor shit like the new system for getting personae after battles for example) so it's up to you which version is better.

Yeah, Sony's smartphones are consistently behind the competition both in performance and design. Everybody is now shifting over to punch through screens for the front camera, and Sony is two years behind still using the thinned down bezels. Their latest flagships aren't even using teardrop notches which is the in-between of punch through and thinned bezels.

Attached: honor-hole-punch-notch-feat-1.jpg (3865x1933, 499K)

Why do people think that just because you don't live in a capital city you don't have access to modern things? Even if you live in the middle of nowhere in the countryside you still don't live "in the past"
The city they live in is even big.

Since this is a persona thread, how do you play Persona 3 FES these days? It's not even on PSNOW for fucks sake.

emulation you flaming homo

>Emulating

Attached: Yuck.png (600x550, 34K)

Jesus this thread, I swear we need to make a chart of all the shit about Japan that's overly exaggerated by mostly Americans because its always the same damn shit every time. Japan's flip phones were/are more advanced than the shit phones you had back then, as in they have smart phone features. Lots of place still use faxes, you'd know this if you weren't NEET's. People(Yea Forums) are literally buying up CTR's because they like the way they look.

Attached: 1530495977424.jpg (1200x900, 115K)

>Lots of place still use faxes
I've worked for several businesses since 2011 and not once have I seen a fax machine. Every fucker sends pdfs via Whatsapp or Facebook's Workchat.

You gotta remember iPhone didn’t come to Japan for a pretty long time

>People(Yea Forums) are literally buying up CTR's because they like the way they look.
Most of them fall for the shitty memes, nothing wrong with having a CRT for your retro games, most people are literally giving them away for free.
The retarded things is that the people that get so meme'd on that they buy the extremely expensive brand CRT that worksm just as good as the cheap ones.

Faxes are unironically the most secure way to send messages
The only way to hack a fax is to physical steal the message sent before the real recipient can get to it.

emulating P3 is the best since you can use the mod to control all party members during combat

my job has a fax machine

granted my job is a family ran business where my boss is my aunt in her mid 60s but still

I know this board is mostly underage kids now but take it from someone who was actually an adult in 2011, flip phones and fat tvs were not unusual in the US or Japan.

Attached: 1540928964901.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

Is there a Vita emulator so I can play Golden?

Reminder to never listen to yukiko posters as they are liar's and snakes and play the chad Vita version of Person 4, undubbed.

Just like when in a futuristic scify flick the info to destroy the world was on a 3.5" diskette or a cd rom, also they have videophones with crt monitors.

This, jap flip phones are unironically good and were all the rage there ten years ago. I remember people would have threads complaining about the design of smartphones and wanting to go back to something they thought was practical like these flip phones.

Nope

What about Catherine? Set in America and around 2011. Still using a flip phone.

Attached: Catherine.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I still used those things in 2011. Why do you need a smartphone or TV when you have a PC?

This, I wasn't even that weeb besides pokémon, dbz or digimon anime, a friend let me grab his PSVita for a while and ended playing Persona4, my fisrt Persona Game, it's maximum comfy wish that my school yeaes where that fun, there are games like that withoutnthe battles?
I just want to be a normal fag in highschool, working, hanging with friends, that does sports, take care of the garden, shit like that.

they live in the sticks.

5k isn't small? I grew up in a town of 300

I am fine with not seeing all of the content, the content you get to enjoy on your first playthrough is usually enough.

Tales of games like to do this shit too, fuck them.

I'd still rather have a razr with smart phone features than my piece of shit with a touch screen that randomly flips the fuck out in my pocket and dials people if I forget to push the lock button.

lmao you’re an old man

Do I gotta post more of these sexy ass flip phones?

Attached: 1526756260095.gif (365x205, 1.38M)

Persona 4 made me want a scooter and I fucking hate the fact that I live in a high traffic area with a bunch of shithead drivers that are too busy looking at their phones to pay attention to the roads

>Set in America and around 2011
That's where you're wrong bucko

Catherine's set on some future space colony.

Why would vincent have a dream of going into space if he was living on a space colony?

Why would someone have a dream of traveling the world if they live on it?

dont remember how tech CEO and analytics though it wouldnt take off? You probably just a zoomer then.

YOUR AFFECTION
YOUR AFFECTION
YOUR AFFECTIOOOOOOONN

Attached: 1525734037135.jpg (379x379, 34K)

I like their way better, it's not because something is new that you have to change for it. That's a big problem here, everything needs to always be new tech. But if something works well, why use something else ?

What's wrong with CRTs and Cassettes?

I got a smartphone for the first time in my life last year and I regretted buying it. I'll wait until it doesn't work and try to find a good flip flop if they're still made.

In 2011 I still had a fat box TV. It wasn't even working well lmao, something broke inside and the colors were shitty. I got rid of it and I don't have any TV now.

The vita emulator is really at it's beginning.

This one's way too big. Also touchscreen is trash.

Cringe

Based

Keitai Denwa were like proto-smartphones, fairly more advanced than typical flip phones like Moto RAZRs. It also took years for smartphones to gain traction in Japan. Even today lots of Japanese prefer keitai over sumaho.

Attached: 55239C5E-440B-419C-90C0-D268D0E60AD6.jpg (585x524, 46K)

To be honest, in here Finland it took until 2012 when smartphones started being popular and we didn't even get first iphone.

Attached: 1480337622560.jpg (470x467, 23K)