"Weapon deterioration sucked!"

>"Weapon deterioration sucked!"
False. In normal games people stick with the best weapon and everything else gets ignored. By making weapons degrade fast the devs force players to keep using new weapons and have varied experiences throughout the game.

Attached: 1552204881160.jpg (350x471, 46K)

Shit way to force variety

Fuck varied experiences then.

Weapon's breaking by itself isn't a bad system. It's the way they implemented it that's the problem.

All weapons should have lasted at least twice as long, and you should have been able to repair and upgrade weapons.

You know what good developers do? They balance the weapons so that every weapon has its usage because they differ in range/damage etc so there isnt a "best" weapon. BOTWs weapon degredation is the cheap way of not putting any work into working on weaponbalance. Every indie fighting game developer knows how to balance fighters.

>I hate variety!

Ocarinafags in a nutshell

Then autists would keep repairing the same op weapon all game and ruin the fun for themselves.

I mean, the game already incentivizes using different weapon types by the differences in their move set as well as the advantages of the elemental variations.

The real reason durability exists in the game isn't to force you to change your approach, but rather to ensure that weapons are always a resource that you need more of (or at the very least you feel like you need more of)
This gives the devs an easy mid tier reward to populate the world with to reward the player for tackling smaller challenges as well as being one of the carrots to get the player to actually explore

Noone needs a "OP weapon" when you can heal infinitely by pausing the game.

Here's a solution dipshit make different kinds of weapons do different types of damge (slash/blunt) etc and design enemies with different resistances.

Attached: hqdefault(2).jpg (480x360, 8K)

I've never played Ocarina fag. BotW was my first 3D Zelda. Taking weapon degradation to that extreme was dumb. Besides, what does it fucking matter when there aren't that many weapon types to begin with? It's not like the combat is super engaging either.

it still sucks.

How about you just make a range of weapons that are good at some things but bad at others? Like, a weapon that has +5 damage but -5 health? Or a weapon that's good against one type of enemy but bad against another?

There are better ways to encourage variation and experimentation with items in games. Forcibly destroying your swords to make you find another is not one of them. Fuck that gay shit.

Make the super OP weapons hard to repair. Really expensive and requiring rare materials.

Or just quadruple their durability and then not let them be repaired.

>By making weapons degrade fast the devs force players to keep using new weapons and have varied experiences throughout the game
They made me straight up avoid most combat and ignore extra chests in shrines.

Attached: 66f.gif (400x335, 3.49M)

Drinking poison is a solution to any disease.
But it's a SHIT solution, and better ones should be found.
Same for durability

Hit the nail on the head and drove it in perfectly i.e. first post is the best post.

did you niggers play the game?
The different weapon types are already better or worse in different situations

Spear is fast and has a rang advantage, but does low damage per hit.
2-handed does massive damage and has spin 2 win, but is slow and leaves you open.
1-handed is middle of the road for speed and damage, but is short range, however it also gives you shield access simultaneously which is pretty strong.

I think they did it so that the master sword still had some kind of greater purpose.

Make it so you must travel to few select locations so you won't be able to repair all the time. If you want to go back after every few encounters, that's your choice.

>Taking weapon degradation to that extreme
How shit do you have to be at the game to actually think this? shit last a lot if you actually know what you are doing and don't go full retard trying to cut trees with a hammer or hitting shields, also there are so many weapons scattered that you can do whatever you like and still have plenty. At least point real flaws like the shit rewards at shrines or quest, and the lack of weapons with bizarre effects for fun

This.
If there wasn't such a huge variation in weapon damage, I'd probably consider it, but why would I try killing skeletons when they drop 4-8 dmg junk, and it costs a measurable amount of my 30+ dmg sword? Midgame, the crap weapons are completely unviable.
All the durability system made me do was cheese bombs on everything that wasn't a guardian or lynel.

>and the lack of weapons with bizarre effects for fun

Yeah, there's only like... boomerangs, rods, that greatsword that shoots wind blades, and Deku Leaves for any utility outside the stuff that every other weapon of a class does.

They should have made weapons less durable so people were forced to use the magic abilities/ environment to solve combat situations. Would've made the game more fun.

Yeah I tend to avoid combat situations half the time because of that

>boomerangs shatter after a specific number of uses even if they don't hit anything

Attached: Link_Annoyed_Header.jpg (620x300, 26K)

This is only really a problem due to how shallow the weapons and (melee) combat are.
If they had been more developed and deep then people would naturally try out more varied weapons for different situations since there would be a reason to try weapons with different reach, speed and attributes rather than settle on a favorite weapon with good stats, especially if using different weapons offers more options and avenues of attack for other weapons.

As it stands the system has 3 melee weapons with 1 attack chain and 1 charge attack each and the ability to access elemental abilities without cost.
The game banks much more on its systemic elements and the more developed enemy AI than it does on the quality of its weapons, combat, enemy variety and scenario design to provide interesting encounters.

Nah that's shit and stat variations alone are dumb.
The difference between something like a spear and a ball and chain are far more intriguing and naturally offer more ideas to the player than the differences between a sword that does +10 slashing damage and a sword with +10 piercing damage.

And they all only have one attack chain that knocks enemies down upon completion. The melee combat isn't exactly deep enough to really make these differences mean that much.

You could carry a couple shit weapon to deal with shit mobs.
And if your inventory is actually completely full or Royal equipment, they you can just use that on the shit mobs anyway because you're probably at the point where it pops out of every treasure chest.

>And if your inventory is actually completely full or Royal equipment, they you can just use that on the shit mobs anyway
why would you at that point

>so many weapons scattered around that you can do whatever you like and still have plenty
I'm not a fan of continually swapping garbage in and out of my inventory fag. Why the fuck would I bother to fight things that will just end up breaking my weapons?
Why do people continue to vehemently defend the blatantly bad aspects of this game? It has more going for it.

Look at all these sweaty incels in their moms basement trying to give their take on what an extremely successful game that won goty should have done

The absolute gall on you retards is astounding

we'd have people crying to remove degradability if repair was an option because it would only be a tedious thing. However, to forge weapons and enhance them with durability in exchange for ores would be nice.

I think weapons should've lasted at least 1.3x as much as they usually do and in that case have a fucking meter or some sort that tells you it's going to break soon rather than blinking on the last god knows how many hits.

Attached: Urbosa.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

>you can't enjoy BotW while criticizing parts of it
Ok

It only works for the first couple of hours. Once you upgrade your inventory a bit and have access to more than sticks and wooden clubs it becomes a chore and a massive pain in the ass. Instead of inciting improvisation it makes you interrupt the game and constantly manage your weapon inventory.

And It's terrible for the later part of the game because it makes combat a net loss when it comes to resources, which just makes you avoid it altogether.

>because you're probably at the point where it pops out of every treasure chest

Spend a few bucks and get some nfc tags and make all the loz amiibos. Then you get a good supply of everything once a day

It deserved goty. That doesn't' mean they still didn't mess some things up. Nothing is perfect user.

Attached: 1550387383520.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>this insecure about liking a game that you're still defending it 2 years after release
post yfw you aren't a BotWfag

Attached: 1552102621389.png (467x341, 272K)

but why would you waste one royal weapon to get another back

a civil thread discussing a broken mechanic in a good game.

user means if you are being attacked by shit tier mobs, you shouldn't be a bitch about using your weapons.

Attached: 13.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

its artificial gameplay

>if you are being attacked by shit tier mobs
why would you even be getting close at that point though

>In normal games people stick with the best weapon and everything else gets ignored
In normal games there are multiple viable weapons with different trade-offs and requirements to obtain them so choices actually feel meaningful. In BOTW the only choice is what you want to break during that fight in exchange for getting another thing you will break later for something else you will break later...

Attached: 51z3pcn4yxL.jpg (329x500, 44K)

Oh and I'm sure you're qualified to judge it
Please get over yourself

>reeee
user please take your own advice

Why waste durability of a perfectly valid weapon then when you get junk in return? Why not just run away? Or bomb spam them? Or even better, use the master sword since it respawns?

>Make class system
>Autists pick a strategy and never change it
>Make a weapon system
>Autists gets comfortable only with 1 weapon type, and never get to expereince the fun of having different weapons
>Make a party system
>Autists gets comfortable with the default setup and never change members

Dark Souls, Demon Souls and Bloodborne tried that.
Turns out once you have sunk investment into your 'core weapon' you won't be having multiple weapons anymore.
The only exception is Catalysts for magic, since its designed to never be a primary weapon.

Attached: Dhat_ornant_skin_robot.jpg (566x900, 127K)

>I've never played Ocarina fag. BotW was my first 3D Zelda.

I believe you, Ocarinafag. Honestly.

nigger have you played the game? Stalfos appear in groups and if you're in a bad spot it can suck if you don't fight them. Keys are also another example but are easier to avoid combat with.

if you like to engage in combat, don't be pissy about it. Do what you want.

>Why the fuck would I bother to fight things that will just end up breaking my weapons?

The premise is you get better and/or more resources out of completing content than you used to complete it.
And it's true. You basically always trade up in BotW. That's why people who play it all end up with full inventories of the good stuff.

The actual problem with the system is there's very few forced encounters in the game to make the player use the good stuff. You;re preparing for nothing.
The number of weapons you need to beat all the bosses is actually pretty small, and there's no other top end encounters that you actually need that fully laden inventory to beat.
in the end you're mostly trading up for little to no purpose, and THAT's the problem, not the durability system itself or the fact that it asks you to break weapons on trash

>Instead of inciting improvisation it makes you interrupt the game and constantly manage your weapon inventory.
The game was originally designed around the Wii U which would have allowed you to permanently have your inventory open and easily navigable in real time. Of course for Switch parity all these features were removed but the core design is still based around it.
BotW forces the console gimmick about as hard as Skyward Sword did.

What a fucking sad existence you must have.

>even the most positive reviews brought up weapon degradation
Did you get this upset when people criticized the English voice acting? Or how about when people were upset it didn't have a touch screen inventory?

Attached: b0e25883388c2d2c1eb49a97a3186801.gif (500x309, 1.94M)

All the weapon have the same combo in this game, it doesnt matter if one breaks because the next one you pick up is exactly the same.

In Dark Souls you try out different weapons until you have one at +4 or +5, and then most likely stick with that trough out the entire game.
Dark Souls also has a enemy resistance system, to force the players to swap weapons: But they generally do not do that.

Attached: 1310822154258.jpg (968x1324, 761K)

Fuck off.

>a team of people thought it would be better to have a difficult shrine give you a fire sword that repeatedly spawns in more than three locations on the overworld instead of gear that was locked behind amiibo

>Why the fuck would I bother to fight things that will just end up breaking my weapons?
Because Durability * Damage = Actual Damage cap
???
Which is why as you go from +5 to +10 to +15 your durability of weapons completely change?

o wow, people still whine about the weapon degradation? It stopped being an issue for me an hour into the game when the game started spitting decent weapons out at me every other enemy and when I figured out how to actually play the game properly.

Truth

New 3D Zelda fucking when? It's been 2 years already and BotW needs a sequel with some fucking content.

Weapon degradation is only an issue if you for some reason enjoy the shitty combat and engage every enemy

>It's been 2 years already
Big open world games takes 3 years at the very least

The problem I think is actually bothering to trade those resources. Clearing the mobs with the same combos over and over is just tiresome, and as you said the bosses can be beaten with simple weapons. Hell, I killed Ganon because I wanted to see if I could after only doing Mipha's quest.
The combat is boring and easy.
>"No! This game is exempt from criticism!"

I'd say it's actually LESS of an issue for that person because beating enemies almost always gives more weapon resources than it took to beat them.

All the complaints about this are pure autism. The system functions exactly like ammo in any shooter. You have limited resources to do damage, and you can gain resources from the environment or enemies. Everything you do in the game is a net positive, enemies carry more damage potential in their weapons than they have health.
>but that's different because swords are swords and guns are guns!
If your issue with a system is not based on practical matters you don't have a complaint, you're just whining that someone moved the couch because in your autistic mind the couch HAS TO BE where it has always been.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DELETE THIS!

And games like 3D Zelda usually get announcements at least a year before release. If we don't hear anything by the end of this year then they are officially incompetent. They had the excuse of making the engine and figuring out open world for taking long with BotW, but now they have none.

>BotW needs a sequel
I hope not. It was nice to see Nintendo experiment with the open world meme but Zelda is at its best when it follows the established Zelda formula.

>autism autism autism
Was it autism?

>The system functions exactly like ammo in any shooter
Except with melee
Which is bad
Sorry user

By sequel I just mean another game. It's not impossible to have a traditional Zelda set in an open world. In fact, LttP did that just fine.

I'll let you figure out what you are. Think of it as a shrine.

Attached: uOTpGfB.png (707x530, 110K)

>Which is bad
That's not an argument.

Neither is calling everyone autistic

The durability system stops being a problem once you find out where specific weapons re-appear.

It's very easy to end up with an entire inventory full of broadswords.

I never had a problem with the weapon durability because I primarily used the bomb runes for everything.

>And It's terrible for the later part of the game because it makes combat a net loss when it comes to resources, which just makes you avoid it altogether.

This is what it all comes down to. The breaking system is fine for normal weapons, but my dear friend's weapon which has been treasured in their society for a hundred years should not break after whacking it against an enemy a dozen times. Those weapons should have been permanent (or at least on a timer like the Master Sword, but extended). It makes ZERO sense to keep holding back the player when the rewards from combat become less than the weapons they'll break to finish the fight.

Attached: imnotcrying.jpg (640x480, 55K)

>when the rewards from combat become less than the weapons they'll break to finish the fight.
This never happens.

>s, but my dear friend's weapon which has been treasured in their society for a hundred years
Which is why those weapons can be forged again.
Next question

>Champion's weapons don't have more durability
I just hung them up in the house. Fuck going back to a specific location to get it repaired.

Did you play the game?

>my friend's weapons can be reforged
>with diamonds

Yeah, it's not worth it.

Attached: 6ff.jpg (1078x668, 61K)

How retarded are you?
It's literally the opposite, I have fun while using one specific weapon I like, if it breaks, the fun is ruined.

>rerereee botw moved my couch!
pure autism

you could just make more than one weapon fun and viable, instead of forcing people to use shitty wooden sticks because of a poorly done durability system

Still talking about this game?
Yikes

>Yeah, it's not worth it.
Then see
This is just a illogical case of wanting to have eaten a cake yet possessing it.

>still ranting about an imaginary couch
concentrated autism

This is how you spot people that have never played BOTW.
Wooden sticks have a damage output of 30-40. Thats 1-2 hits of mid end weapons, which end up having outputs in the hundreds and then thousands of damage.

The Switch doesn't have many games coming out anymore so...

>Get a diamond and a weapon and go to a specific place so you can get exactly one of these weapons that are a mild upgrade to the weapon that you brought in the first place
It's a hassle that has hardly any reason since the game doesn't hesitate to give you the overpowered champion abilities without making you jump through hoops.

There's no reason to limit this cake when the game shoves cake down your throat constantly.
It's only illogical if you frame it with a dumb metaphor.

the wooden stick was just an example, you brainlet
you didnt present any arguments, you just went
>ree you never played it, it's literally perfect!!!

Just admit you hate fun anons
It would be a lot easier.
BOTW is a good game because breaking weapons are implemented in such a way that you have a forced inventory rotation.

Transistor did something similar, and it would have been a great game if it was longer.

>BOTW is a good game because breaking weapons are implemented in such a way that you have a forced inventory rotation
I thought it was a good game because it allowed a ridiculous amount of freedom in a well-crafted environment that felt natural, filled with memorable NPCs and fun quests. Don't bullshit about weapons.

And thats back to hateful semantics trying to dismiss the point.
Go home user, you are drunk

Attached: SotC_Fur_shader.jpg (640x527, 74K)

The only thing BotW needed were
>More enemy variety (fighting Moblin after Moblin was tedious)
>More weapon variety (all boomerangs are the same, just reskinned with different dmg numbers)
I don’t even care about the Korok seeds or repetitive shrines, just give me more VARIETY. Fucking hell, when I enter a desert I want to fight new enemies unique to the desert, not reskinned Moblin after Moblin

If I emulate this is there a cheat for infinite durability?

You might want to ask resetera. That's where all the people who are bad at video games hang out.

>use the master sword since it respawns
This. I only used master sword for ores and destroying barrels.

Weapon durability is tedious not difficult.

>"opinion!"
>False.
>[autistic rant]

>muh smart diagrams
cry more, nerd

>HAVING FUN IN A SINGLEPLAYER GAME BAD
>STOP HAVING FUN HOW YOU WANT TO
if a retard wants to use one weapon forever who gives a fuck? play the game how you want to dumb faggot instead of forcing your autistic "correct" way of playing a solo game onto people

This

What's wrong with using the best weapons anyway?

Then there isnt a single reason weapon degredation is in the game. The only excuse fanboys come up with is that player would only use the 1 universal OP weapon. But thanks that you confirmed that there shouldnt be weapon degredation. Thats the whole point retard.

based

The game's progression and combat rely on increasing numbers rather than increasing the required complexity needed to efficiently deal with enemies.
If you can keep the best weapons then the game's ragdoll combat breaks in half since you deal with enemies too easily. When you still have weak weapons (and the enemies aren't damage sponges) you still need to think on your feet but if you have strong weapons you can stunlock them without them being able to do much.

Degrading weapons are a quick fix for the game's number treadmill and the number treadmill is a quick fix for the game's lack of combat complexity and content.

the games shit

I agree that the lack of complexity and content could be a problem, but making all the weapons durability shit and not having the possibility to repair them is a lazy and tedious way to fix the problem, nothing stops me from farming the best weapons for specific fights, it just gets more boring. The solution should have been better game design imo

>devs force players to keep using new weapons and have varied experiences
>game only has 4 movesets

OP is a retard.

Attached: 1534541413424.jpg (1169x681, 106K)

Make it so each time you can only repair it to 90% of its previous value. Or the ingredients needed make it so you can't afford to repair stuff all the time.

>farm the same royal swords and lynel swords
>variety
It's just busywork, and doesn't add anything to the game except "which weapon is closest to breaking so i can break that and replace it with an exact copy"

On master mode they recover HP so fast you'll break multiple weapons per monster camp, only to get a weapon that was weaker than all the weapons you broke. It gets to the point where a weapon with 30 attack doesn't have a high enough dps to kill a fucking bokoblin because their recovery is so fast. You can just wail on them until it shatters and their HP hasn't moved.

The boomerangs are sadly shit since they don't magically always come back or hit multiple targets like they do in old games.

If they did this those same fags complaining about weapon durability would be complaining about repair resource scarcity, and if you were showered with repair resources those fags would complain about every weapon except X being useless after you get a couple X's.

The game showers you with weapons, even high end ones, so weapons biting the dust isn't a huge deal. It's not like royal broadswords are so rare that you're one broken weapon away from having to fight off mobs of silver moblins with a stick, and upgrading weapon space is easy enough that you can carry a shitload of items too. I've got a good 13 or so inventory slots for all items and I regularly have to leave royal gear behind because already got 5 of that item and don't want to dump any utility stuff like bows that zoom in or element weapons.

The only major things about BOTW that burn my ass are the main dungeons being pure shit, and the bosses being extremely samey and boring blobs of purple shit. As far as I'm concerned Nintendo made the best open world game yet, and completely forgot to do the Zelda part. Imagine if instead of labyrinths there were massive temples to break into and explore, rather then having 4 extremely short animal shaped mechs that have identical themes and gimmicks. Then to top it off you don't even have a cool boss to look forward to, you get a purple shit blob with rocks stuck in it.

>Maintaining a set of weapons you really like with repairs and upgrades because it is your own choice how to play a singleplayer game
>"Hurr this is just ruining your fun."

>Avoiding fights like the plague because you will just lose your good weapons and have to pick up weaker ones.
>Stacking your inventory full of lynel weapons.
>Cheesing your way through every fight like an absolute tryhard because you can't fight for fun.
>Weapons degrading when you solve fucking stasis riddles so you can end up unable to solve riddles.
>"THIS IS ABSOLUTE FUN AND THE ONLY WAY THIS GAME CAN BE FUN! STOP TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME YOU WANT YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT THE WAY I WANT!"

The game needed some sort of skill-based mechanic to make either weapon damage or durability improve, as was done with shield parries.
Hero Mode weapon economies make it such that until you upgrade STR gear, it's not worth it to engage enemies unless there's some environmental advantage near them that can push a raid into profitability and not a net loss.

at the end of the game i just had a huge stash of overpowered weapons which I would never use up.

>I CAN'T FIGHT BECAUSE I'M LOSING ALL MY WEAPONS THIS SUCKS!
>MY ENTIRE INVENTORY IS FULL OF LYNEL WEAPONS THIS SUCKS!

>Windcleaver shatters after a specific number of uses even if it doesn't hit anything

The "new weapons" are just different skins of the same weapons, though. Difference is damage numbers.

>forced
In a game that sells itself on freedom. There is your problem

>This never happens.

>Be outside of Hyrule Castle
>Try to get Royal Guard weapons
>Use up some of your weapon durabilty to reach them
>They break in a few hits

game devs have to do this a lot. Players love to cheese their way through games and end up not having as much fun. And a good dev implements ways to stop that from happening.

if you ever needed to farm weapons in botw you are a shitter tbqh

if they made the 4 special weapons from each area of the map(like the spear you get from the water level) regen like master sword does ,with a timer would be way better

You a fag OP!

All the weapons are the fucking same

me too i thought i'll need them later for harder sections but they never came

Those are the only weapons worth using.

Don' t trigger the reddit onions fags.

imagine designing a combat system that is so bad it makes more sense to just avoid it entirely and constantly pause during fights to manage your inventory

Don’t forget us TP fags. Otherwise BOTW is a fun game. I like the master sword I should be able to use it as much as I like when I get it.

I think that in the next game should have weapons in which each and every one serves a purpose. Enemies can be weak to certain elements (such as steel or iron) as well as certain classes (two-handed, Spears). Some enemies should have armor that can be broken with a two-handed weapon, which then opens them to being able to be attacked by other weapons.

Weapons should still degrade, but can never break. They will only grow weaker, and can get repaired with certain materials. Very strong weapons will require more rare or expensive materials while weaker weapons can be repaired with readily-available materials.

This system will promote use of every and all weapon types and classes while not forcing you to use variety. Being able to switch between weapons on the fly to both exploit an enemy's weaknesses and then your weapon's individual strengths would be great. Like using a hammer to break an enemy's defense and then immediately switching to a steel sword to take advantage of the enemy's weakness to steel. Say you have neither of those? You can still defeat the enemy, but it will take longer.

It made me ignore 80%of the enemies in the game and try to find ways through situations without ever killing anyone, or at least using physics and bombs to fight instead. Once I got the master sword I started actually fighting again.

Yeah and then at endgame when you have all the good weapons you end up running past enemies instead of fighting them because why the fuck SHOULD I fight this guy in the first place if it's only gonna cost me my weapon

Good luck having any incentive to fight later in the game when you waste 2-3 weapons on the harder enemies that are just damage sponges and they only drop an even crappier weapon with lower durability

You should have Urbosa's Fury by that point, allowing you to wreck entire camps without even attacking anything. And combat is less about getting weapons (they're literally just fucking lying around everywhere) and more about gathering monster parts to upgrade your armour sets.

oh sweet so i can get more teeth and horns that have long since stopped being useless for upgrades

>"Weapon deterioration didn’t suck!”
False. In normal games people enjoy and engage in combat instead of ignoring and avoiding everything. By making weapons degrade fast the devs force players to eventually avoid and skip most encounters to save their ‘good’ weapon for when they have to use it at specific points in the game.

This argument is retarded, it doesn’t encourage variety, it encourages a hoarding mentality, where you don’t want to use your best weapons and you want to avoid combat because it’s not worth having the weapon break.

BotW is one of the easiest games to cheese ever. All you do is get some durians and you basically have infinite health

Is it normal to cheese most of the combat encounters in the early game with bombs? I feel that if I tried fighting these boko packs "fairly" I'd run out of weapons before the fight was over.

I unironically felt I used more variety in OOT anyway, experimenting with deku nuts, bombs, boomerang, elemental arrows, regularly.

But there isn't any variety in the game. There's a handful of weapon types and that's it. The combat in general was just repetitive as fuck.

>I feel that if I tried fighting these boko packs "fairly" I'd run out of weapons before the fight was over.
You feel wrong. A red bokoblin has 13 HP, a boko club can do 32 damage before it breaks.

Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to reverse the positions of the A,B and X,Y buttons on the Switch controller? It keeps fucking me up.

You're retarded because every item is easy to replace

FPBP, I sure do love using nothing but sticks and shitty wooden swords thoughout the game and saving the good weapons for special occasions only

>In normal games people stick with the best weapon and everything else gets ignored. By making weapons degrade fast the devs force players to keep using new weapons and have varied experiences throughout the game.
But all the swords play the same, there's no variety, you just keep equipping different versions of the same weapon with different numbers.

>By making weapons degrade fast the devs force players to keep using new weapons
>force
see that's the fucking problem, you imbecil.
You're supposed to have variety BY choice.
for example,
- Sword may be basic, but offers utility like shields
- a spear may be faster and longer range, and capable of being used as a throwing weapon
- daggers are fastest but less useful against big targets
- heavy weapons are great for damage but not good against large numbers or fast enemies

these are just a few potential ways of making weapon variety more interesting and encouraged.
..but NO, let's give you steel weapons that break like glass after you bash a few soft trolls with it lmao

Attached: 1509147335105.png (303x311, 181K)

There is also a hidden counter based on enemies killed that causes bonus effects to be applied to weapon drops, including power and durability +

swords >>> all others because the shield lets you parry

This is a better one.

Attached: 1478360015316.png (777x687, 256K)

3D Zeldas usually take 5 or 6 years except MM and always have two spinoff games inbetween. We've hit the first spinoff (Link's Awakening)

if goblin slayer taught me anything is that you cant kill more than 3 goblins with one sword because it will be dull because of the blood and fat sticking to the blade

Attached: Goblin Slayer.png (768x1024, 40K)

They were too retarded to properly balance the game so they decided to just make all your weapons made out of tin foil. It's a shitty way to balance an even shittier combat system.

And a poor excuse to make the game completely open.