Granblue Fantasy Versus

>only ONE character revealed after THREE months
>game will be released in 2019
>only 9 months left (if it's not released before december)
So, yep, those 10 are probably the only characters we will get at launch.
Maybe we will have more, but don't expect something like DBFz.
Also, we can still guess the Season 1 characters!

Reveal Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQo9vSj1_A
Lowain Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2qlpsbmWHkg

Game Mechanics:
Dodge Roll, High Jump, Air Tech, EX moves, Gatling Combination
Character Specific:
Power Up (Damage, Armor, Heal), Install (Giant character ala TvsC)

Attached: 1536282666148.jpg (1898x895, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twinfinite.net/2019/02/granblue-fantasy-versus-relink-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=J8dRStNJ_kM
twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/1104589630022705152
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhL2mDMJTAEU6FzykGcAUhd7wA9WJZNvYh9gd354CHg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait is that seriously it? Not even a single female draph?

Attached: 1551463402369.jpg (700x401, 55K)

Marketing 101.

Starts slow, then ramps up closer to release. They may as well announce the rest every 2 weeks when the time is right.

It's evidence (logo) supported fan speculation. Officially there's no word on if there will be others.

I cant be the only one who thinks the meme Lowain shit is stupid. I'll never understand why nips love them so much

>female draph
>getting anything thats not narmaya
I'd rather not
but i hope to god best girl grea gets in

Attached: 1405823587000.png (299x322, 159K)

Cygames is a greedy company, what's new? They pretend to want to try things new but if they did they would actually try more than that instead of being so cheap.

I get that they're going for the older cast members, but I can't help but feel that roster looks boring
Grea is a RoB character first so I doubt it

>So, yep, those 10 are probably the only characters we will get at launch.
But Grea isn't there, so your obviously wrong.

>Two knights
>It's Percival and Lancelot instead of Vane and Lancelot
>Two society members
>It's Vaseraga and Zeta instead of Beatrix and Zeta
What the fuck are they smoking? We don't need two knights and two society members, Lancelot and Beatrix would have been more than enough. Lowain is in and that's all i really need but this is a weird roster

>Lowain has the human triangle attack, food, Lady Katapillar and even Yuguyugu
Pity he doesn't have the FUCKING INSANE Vira from Table for Six, that would have been fun to have too, but maybe Table for Six is too new.

>So, yep, those 10 are probably the only characters we will get at launch.
Surely they'd realise how incredibly stupid that is. A fighter with less than 20-25 on launch is seen to have a small roster these days, and their biggest fans (many of which only play phone games) are brought in by the large cast of characters where they can pick their favourites. It isn't like Cygames lack the money, and DBFZ proved they can launch with a decent sized roster.

>Starts slow, then ramps up closer to release
The problem with this strategy is first, a lot of people into fighting games don't know what a granboob is. And second a lot of their current fans need a reason to care about fighting games. Start slow and ramp up works when you have something more established that people feel more secure in. MK was getting away with it cause people knew what size of roster to expect and had a good idea of how the game would play. Here we've only heard snippets of how it will play, no idea of the roster or features but also get weird info like now there are supers that put in TvC giants. Better groundwork need to be laid before they can do that.

>they actually added Lowain and the boys
Nice

I don't see how anything you said counters the "ramp-up" strategy.
If no one knows about GranBoob how would a static marketing work any better? Say if they release 1 bit of info per month, every month, no exceptions.
People would get a bit of info every month, those who don't pay close attention would miss it, and since the news is so spread out they would never notice it. Then the last bit of info would be an entire month from release. The game would come out with zero hype.

By ramping things up and starting slow means that the people who already care will follow the slow trail of info (and be happy with it), then they ramp up to bi-weeklly and weekly news/reveals, there'll be a concentration of info and casuals have a much higher chance of noticing that during that smaller more concentrated period, which will happen just before release, meaning that there'll be more hype about it.

There is no need to blow all info 4 months away from release, make your playerbase all pent-up and then make them wait. That's the stupidest possible thing to do. Static marketing is already very useless. If you can reveal a character every 3 months when the game is still (relatively) far out then you do so. You think if we had 3 reveals by now it would make any difference in hype? Not really.

That's because you're a faggot who hates fun.

fuck those two games man, they barely gave any info and there's diddly squat to talk about with what we already know

99% of the stream yesterday was about the gacha and it was pretty fun ngl

Attached: 1551942610326.jpg (1200x658, 208K)

>Surely they'd realise how incredibly stupid that is.
Says the retard who is making assumption based purely on a shitpost.

>no big fat magic tats
give Magisa plz

Too problematic

>choosing Bea over Vas and saturate the roster with more sword users

Thank god you people aren't developers.

I don't know anything about Granblue but
>Goofball with his bros doing bro attacks
>Wields balisongs
>Summons a nice giant big tiddie goddess
>Knocks back a cold one at the bar after winning
Would main the fuck out of him.

>fagboy gran instead of djeeta
shit game

>implying Djeeta isn't the secret final boss

>Lowain is already in

why do waifufaggots want more characters when perfection is already there.

Attached: 1547618938327.jpg (890x960, 37K)

Waifufag here, I want Yodarha though.

>If no one knows about GranBoob how would a static marketing work any better?
Because you need to make them care about the product so when it ramps up they give a shit. Putting everything behind the last few months of release would be a terrible strategy. When companies do ramp up marketing near release the idea isn't pull them all in at the last second but build upon the work you have already done to secure their interest. The ramp up is capping everything else off.

You need more established interest first, which as I pointed out is an issue here cause the current GF fanbase really only cares about grinding 24/7. Many don't even have a console which is something Cygames even brought up, so that is another thing you'd have to quickly encourage them to buy. For everyone else shouting about a game they know fuck all about near to release will have the reaction of what is this I've never heard of it and don't give a shit . That gives a much shorter period for them to pull anyone in, by which point they are probably already interest and have preordered a couple other games.

You start off big to get people on board, then give little bits regular to keep people happy and then ramp up at the end to seal the deal. If you start off small, then give a few bread crumbs the reaction will be oh this game only has 10 characters I'll pass. And most people don't go back to update their opinions about the game, if it seems like nothing special at first they aren't going to bother watching later ads. If they even hear about it in the first place.

Or based on the logo and the rate of info

based yodafag

It's surprising the games weren't prioritized for PC when Grindblue itself is a browser game which is where most of the fanbase is.

The only sword users there are Charlotta (broad bastard sword), Katalina (rapier), Gran (gladius) and Percival (Zweihander), those are very different types of swords. Embrasque is a very unique sword that would make a great addition, there's also the fact that she's way more popular than Vaseraga

Both are cash grabs, what they did you expect from a gacha company?

>cash grabs
But everyone here is saying it's not gonna sell tho...

You expect too much from a mobage company mate.

Wasn't one of cygames goals were to get people back into playing consoles? I thought it was a good thing.

>make a fighting game
>cash grab
That would just be stupid

but they hired platinum and arcsys, sponsors tournaments and have their own esports team, surely they know what they're doing

Not him, but the cashgrab part is the esports. Every company is deluded that esports is somehow going to make them loads of money. That is why they have invested so much.

>the onl swird users atecthese four out of the ten
>let's make it half instead!

Go whale on the gatcha instead of infesting a fucking fighting game with your waifufagging.

That's just bullshit. They just want to make money the quickest way with no effort whatsoever. Just like every mobages companies.

Then what the fuck do you want? Fucking Spinnah just because his yo-yo is "unique". Also in Samurai Shodown and Soul Calibur most characters use swords and no one complains about that because they use different kinds of swords and fighting styles
I want Beatrix in because i like Aya Hirano and because she's a funny girl, Vaseraga is bara bait for faggots

>Fucking Spinnah just because his yo-yo is "unique"
Yes

Attached: Untitled.png (600x800, 331K)

>twinfinite.net/2019/02/granblue-fantasy-versus-relink-interview/
Explain this then.

They want to make ton of money with no effort or whatsoever. This article doesn't change that fact. Stop believing PR bullshit lmao.

cringe and yikespilled

Branching out into non-gacha vidya is probably a very good idea to do before the gacha bubble bursts.

>with more sword users
Be it Smash brothers or this, I've never really understood this.
Like I understand that having similar movesets across several characters is dull, but the same weapon? How does that matter if the movesets are different? The same weapon does in no way mean the movesets need to be similar.
Fuck take Street Fighter. 100% fucking fist/kick users. But they don't all play the same shotos disregarded.

All gacha shit is about making money. Difference here is, most for most gachas money is the endgoal. For CyGames, they got into gacha because they couldn't afford to make real games. So the gacha shit is there to fund the things they really wanted to make. Like ZoE 2 VR.

That was always Cygames plan though. They wanted to make consoles but were dirtpoor, so they did skinner box games with pretty art instead to fund those games movimg forward and it worked.

Their goal is to make money, nothing else mate.

You dont just buy Juventus (one of the most divisive football teams out there) on a whim. You also dont declare youre gonna make the spiritual succesor to DD2 just because Capcom isnt making things faster. I feel sure, they want to make money, but they also wanna do things they want to do just because

While they have said that in the past, it still stands to be seen how much effort they put into these games. Not like the budget is holding them back. Currently it doesn't feel like these other games are their priority.

An arcsys game releasing with a small budget under a tight timeframe? Color me fucking surprised!

True. The way they've been doing other things (funding animus, holding RL events, buying football teams) seems promising though. We'll have to wait and see.

It's not like they're trying hard mate.

I guess the difference is in who it's making money for. Most companies have investors behind them, investors who demand profits and growth and cutting costs and all that shit we're seeing with bigger vidya companies. CyGames is currently independent, free to use their ill gained gacha monies on stupid shit, like hiring Arcsys to make a fighter with their favourite waifus.

>gives proof that cygames isn't all about gachashit
>"no it's about money!!!"
convincing argument, retard.

>Grea is a RoB character first
When has that ever mattered? Tons of characters are from RoB.

>Alberto just popped on Dragalia.

Yeah they just like to whore the characters around to try keep RoB somewhat relevant.

They're making literal cashgrabs.

Eh... At least they are trying to move towards something else. Granblue rpg is a step in right direction.

Also cygames have ton of squeenix staff.

If this is considered a cashgrab, then I think they're doing a good job.
youtube.com/watch?v=J8dRStNJ_kM

Not really, still cashgrabs. They're just making easy money.

Versus itself is a cashgrab. And this one is ok at best, but I'm still not seeing how they're trying any more than when making mobile games.

Please stop. You're just repeating buzzwords now.

I've got to ask. What would your definition of a not-a-cashgrab game be and what would show acceptable levels of "trying"?

So its literally not okay when Cygames does it? When everyone else does it, it suddenly isnt a cash grab?

Because we need Sturm and Drang idiot.

Lowain does look fucking sick though.

For all their talk about keeping it simple having a similar SF2 appeal, there sure seems to be a lot of mechanics. I just wonder how well ArcSys will manage a more traditional neutral game, wish French Bread was involved.

twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/1104589630022705152

Attached: instant block maybe.jpg (1454x1886, 594K)

>I just wonder how well ArcSys will manage a more traditional neutral game
They won't.

But at least this game could potentially be better than DBFZ

>yesteday
>KMR REEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOW DARE YOU MAKE A PAID WEAPON TICKET, P2W SHIT
>today
>Happyanniversary folks, ticket is free

between that and the atma weapon I have no idea what to pick as a new player

Attached: 1546285933156.jpg (447x369, 29K)

Same, I have no idea what to pick with the free weapon ticket. I guess I could always just save it but I really could use the boost already.

it will definitely not be 10 but it wont be much higher as this is a 1v1 with very unique character abilities and subsystems. you can get more characters in 3v3 tag games because their abilities should not be as in depth.
inputs and combo routes are what make games difficult for the average person. it doesnt mean you need to have bare bones characters and system mechanics. these characters seem to have a lot going for them.

POST YOUR LISTS

Attached: 1544890005649.png (1673x1800, 2.77M)

sword atma is safe choice because of how many characters use swords+Dark Fencer can use swords too so the skills will apply to it as well
The weapon ticket is a harder choice because a lot of these things arent the most necessary weapons, or could be earned pretty easily BUT you have to wait for the specific events to return(the biggest offender here being Fenrir/Cerberus weapons because the event is so fucking rare it only happens once a year BUT you shouldnt pay attention to these unless you run primal(whale) grids
magna2 weapons(Abyss etc) are really good(in half of cases) and hard to get normally but you need rank 120 to put them to true use, ucapping and leveling past 100/10

My overall attack lowers a good chunk when I put on the atma sword since it has such a low attack. Is the skill bonus worth it even still?

>inputs and combo routes are what make games difficult for the average person
It is a complicated issue. On the surface that is what makes them most upset as it is the thing they can most obviously not do. It is also one of the the few things a casual can name in a fighting game. But underlying mechanics can end up being off putting as well, say if the game ends up really heavy on pressure and you need to instant block to create some space. It can also make it hard for them to graduate from a casual level to a intermediate one as suddenly there are a lot of mechanics you have to deal with.

I don't mind it but it does seem off given their initial statements on the game. Companies often over sell how simple their fighters are, which ironically causes casuals to turn their noses up the most.

sadly Im not sure because I only got Atma weapon thanks to this event, but if you are looking at your attack in the party menu and not in the quest when hitting things, then you are doing the wrong, party menu is NOTORIOUS for showing you wrong stats, because it doesnt account for increase offered by skills, only the "raw" stats on the weapon
Example, I just replace Celeste Axe with Abyss Spine, the party screen showed I had about 200-300 less HP on everyone, when I entered a quest everyone roughly 2k more than they always had

Granblue is for big tiddies

where are they

Attached: 1513639724157.png (500x500, 281K)

Too problematic

i really hope we're going to see actual match footage soon so we can get a good idea of what the game will play like

everything is looking pretty good so far though, im excited for a proper new fighting game that's not a fucking tag game

It saddens me

Fair enough. The atma bonus is pretty big but it only affects 3/4 of my team so I worried about the damage output of the one remaining guy.

Atma requires you to build your entire party around the weapon. Look at the party's various weapon proficiency. It's an incredibly situational weapon, even moreso than a Baha weapon.

I am honestly shocked they haven't dragged Daigo and Fuudo out yet. Seeing as they sponsor both. Should have done a thing at EVO Japan with them.

Zeta is probably the bustiest of the cast, but they haven't shown her in-game yet.

Those guys will eventually play, same with Go1 and Kazunoko those guys ride Cygames' dick like no other

She isnt small at all but when we talk about Granblue titties, we all know what caliber we are talking about.

well thats some hope but Draphs are really more my thing

shortstacks are so rare in games nowadays

WHERE IS ORCHID AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1462083802736.png (1059x720, 508K)

Too young looking, too problematic.

I only want to play as Katalina so I don't give a fuck anyway.

What do I get with the weapon ticket?

Attached: grid.png (627x797, 689K)

Summer Grea for Water
Or Orchid if you want Dark

>says they'll reveal characters in order of complexity
>reveals a character with possibly a random item gimmick and an install super
Hopefully every other character is as crazy as Lowain

Oh fuck, just realized the MH weapon you have. Ignore me, I'm retarded. Summer Grea though, especially if you have Silva.

Where is Cag

but I need my puppet character fix

>says they'll reveal characters in order of complexity
Her zoning is going to be so cancerous, I love it

Attached: 1545469763066.jpg (1077x923, 159K)

How many Tiamat Gauntlets should I keep? I have six 3* Bolts and three 3* Gauntlets right now.

I meant the free weapon ticket everyone got just now, those dont give characters unfortunately.

Oh, that. Best ask someone that uses M2 for that then, I'm still an M1 shitter. If I'm not wrong, the most recommended was an M2 weapon since Xeno weapons can be farmed really easily and are only time-gated. I went with a Grimnir Harp myself.

For that grid I'd recommend an Abyss Spine to replace one of the axes.

Did they really say that? When they started out with the random item fucker of the game who this time as a install to play as a primal full sized? Dang then shit like Metera is just going to be Venom with a flying ablilty. Fucking hell

I was eyeing the true phantom blade since its massive attack boost is so enticing. I also am so gimped that I cant possibly get into xeno farming yet. But I wouldnt know, as is obvious I'm still a shitter.
Wouldnt it be better to replace one of the spears? I understood that those are the filleriest shit ever.

Yeah, I'm still rather new too, I haven't touched the M2 content yet.

>don't even have the core party
>not even Lyria or Rackan
Yeah, no. There's no way this is the final roster. Unless they are seriously retarded.

>>not even Lyria or Rackan
Lyria is a special and Rackan is in the background

whos going to be the grappler?

ladiva

Attached: Soriz_(Event)_A.png (960x800, 256K)

>Gatling Combination
?

I think it's like in Guilty Gear, MvC or UNIST where you cut some normal's active frames into another normal on block or hit instead of linking them like in Street Fighter

>Oracles are all fucked in the head
Only makes me want them more. Fuck this timegate shit.

Deconfirmed
Both him and Jin are in the background on the new PV

I hope this shitpost doesn’t replace every thread up until a more significant update to the game.

The spears are skill 10. One of the axes is skill 3. That's the only reason to replace the axe instead. Generally the spears are worse yes.

Am I missing something? I've been looking at the numbers and axes have higher attack than spines AND their skill bonus is big instead of spine's medium? So wouldnt the axe be better?
Fair enough. So if I could get the axe to 10 I could swap out a spear instead. I might have enough fodder for that.

>don't even have jews yet
>now oracles are out too
FUCK GOLD BARS
AND FUCK KMR

Don't listen to a fucking smashtard user.
Swords are good.

Smashfags are retarded AND secondaries, who would have thought.
>"hurrr look at all these sword characters that are the same"
>all Fire Emblem lords in the same class and most of them are related to each other
>proceeds to call Shulk and Cloud Fire Emblem characters too

Lyria is paired with Gran
They summon bahamut for the instakill(?)

I've spent the last 20 minutes on the GBF wiki trying to figure out what "Granblue" itself means. Is that the name of the world or an artifact? Or is just supposed to mean "Big Blue" because apparently this franchise takes in the sky.

And follow up question, is it even worth getting into this 5 year old gacha if I intend to spend no money?

Attached: 1547503526998.png (544x638, 619K)

play for the plot and characters. Once you take it seriously its downhill from there. The game is very f2p friendly but the grind is abyssmal, one of the worst grinds ever. Money cant even save you from it. You can coast through the events and story fights easy with whatever team with basic composition and synergy.

Surely they realize that they can't release a fighting game with 10 when the original has over ~300 unique characters
Would be a huge mistake specially when they're trying to drawn in people that know nothing about it

Attached: 1540466324206.png (960x800, 321K)

Now is actually a good time to start cause of anniversary. Even then you don't have to put any money into the game cause it's offset by an autistic grind that everyone has to do eventually, but if you just be yourself and take your time it's fun. (Even then they fucking fixed M2 so it's not shit to grind anymore praise KMR)
Right now you get a Roulette with up to 100 free rolls for like 22 days, as well as a free "high tier" weapon of your choosing.

if they want to release the game this millenium they cant do even 100 characters

>no Yuel
ok

The models they're making take even more time than making sprites. They can't do a lot of players, at least not on launch. Unless you wanna wait till 2022.

Obviously
10 is still way too small

Its still fine, you won't even figure out half of them by the time the next batch of characters come out. Hell, chances are you'll forget about it by then too.

Then there would be like 20 characters with cool, original playstyles and the rest would be just carbon copies
Around 15 characters at launch would be ideal IMO

Xrd Launched with about 14 in the arcade, DBFZ launched with 24. 10 is way too small, 10 would be only acceptable if the game was F2P

>they're trying to drawn in people that know nothing about it
They're doing a bad job, then. As someone who's only watched the anime I don't see why they need three armored pretty boy faggots wasting space in the roster.

How many characters did Guilty Gear Xrd launched with?
Didn't DBFZ launch with like 24-25 characters?
If it was possible for DBFZ then it's possible for this.
And even if you count the different Gokus and stuff at launch this game needs AT LEAST 20 characters at launch to sell.

If they try to sell a game for 60 bucks with 10 characters (LMAO) then it will be the bomb of the decade. A bomb so big that they will just leave the console gaming market instantly. They can't be that retarded.

it'll be like Persona 4 Arena vanilla and Blazblue Calamity Trigger, around 16 or so playable base characters with around 4 dlc characters for 1 season. If were getting crazy characters with highly unique abilities and playstyles, I dont really mind, unlike fucking DBFZ that had 30+ characters who all play the same save like 4-5

>Around 15 characters at launch would be ideal IMO
That is less than SFV launched with. No one would pick the game up when with most other fighters you'd be getting over 20 at launch

DBFZ is a 3 man tag fighter so it's not really comparable

I don't really know why people care so much about roster size but maybe it's because I'm old.

sex with

Yuel

Attached: 56745834.jpg (1075x1518, 448K)

are you guys sure this will be available on America as well? what if it's just for Japan and such?

>I don't see why they need three armored pretty boy faggots wasting space in the roster.
To attract longtime fans too? You're speaking as if the roster is all but confirmed.

Attached: DzSB4jmUYAALZO_.jpg (1154x1200, 258K)

>tfw fine with the roster because of the fanservice

Attached: 1530735150386.jpg (950x875, 289K)

>DBFZ
The game where half the moves are repeated on characters and the models themselves don't even need to have the same level of detail on their costumes because half of them are karate suits? Maybe that's why it had 24 on release?

>Xrd
You mean their actual main game that they've been working on for 3 years before release? Do we even know how much dev time Granblue has right now in comparison?

And all this doomsday talk is for a game that doesn't even have a confirmed number of characters yet. You guys are reaching.

They already confirmed the worldwide release.

official website is in full english

I'd very much rather quality over quantity. If the characters are as deep as the one from Guilty Gear, 15 is enough, at launch.

>the goofy bunch of bros characters literally summon a waifu giantess

this character was specifically made for me.

I'm just saying the roster has no appeal to me. I the know the series has a lot of variation in character design, but three of the five males confirmed fall into the same relative niche. And one of the others is the obligatory self-insert. Not really how you "draw in people who know nothing about it" as far as I'm concerned.

DBZF has a bunch of characters that are quite literally the same, they have nothing special/unique about them other than color of their beams and all are close range brawlers, the Lowain trailer already shows more with Versus trying to replicate/reference moves of his several versions in the game, a move thats literally him whipping out food since he's the Granblue version of Sanji, two state changes, one being the pyramid and the other(probably ougi) being Yggy swaping him out

>DBFZ is a 3 man tag fighter so it's not really comparable
Yes it is cause they can make that many characters for launch. Not like 24 is a particularly big roster for a tag game anyway.

>I don't really know why people care so much about roster size
It means more options, tools and play styles. Even a clone that offers a different version of another tool kit is more interesting than nothing. And this isn't like a case of people asking for 50, just the normal amount for a modern game to launch with.

>The game where half the moves are repeated on characters and the models themselves don't even need to have the same level of detail
I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Just heard DBFZ is simple so characters must be easy to pump out. Never mind DBFZ also had all the stage transitions and special finishes that took a huge amount of work. Also don't forget that every move mirrored something from the source material, that game was no small effort.

Plus from what they've been saying this game is also simple as fuck so that defence is worthless.

>You mean their actual main game that they've been working on for 3 years before release
Do you mean the game that is from 2014, when they have got way better at the techniques by now? Plus shilling GBV as the side project they are putting less effort into isn't a great look. What do Cygames not have the cash to fund it?

I heard Granblue versus has actually been worked on for 3 years in the background obviously not with the full force. They said in December they were 60% done

I am talking about the initial release of Xrd user in 2014.
How many characters did they have at launch?

I cannot fucking WAIT for this game. I dunno shit about granblue except that the art style is cool. I've been playing guilty and other anime fighters since I was 6. I'm going to main the most waifu character available on the roster at launch and body the Jesus out of all the whales who bought the game. Money won't save those scrubs then.

Attached: 1551615384193.jpg (830x656, 61K)

>I'd very much rather quality over quantity
I can get both in other games.

> If the characters are as deep as the one from Guilty Gear
Well seeing as they are going for a more SF like game that is approachable for people who have never held a controller before I doubt it.

>Yes it is cause they can make that many characters for launch.
The number of moves/animations and the complexity of the 3D model actually matter in the size of the roster.
Find a DBFz character with an install that summon a fucking new 3D model in it please.

They can simplify button inputs but having multiple character specific mechanics makes up for it. From the Lowain trailer alone I could tell the guy is an item-based archetype/function which is already pretty complex. Even their most basic item-based character in Teddie from Persona 4 Arena is already pretty deep.

Well sorry for not appealing to you enough, mr connoisseur of fighting games.

I still don't understand what some of you anons arguing about?
>FACT
If the game has 10 characters at launch and is sold for $59.99 literally noone will buy it.

If they have some sort of F2P monetization where you can play let's say only Gran for free and then you have to buy every character for like 5 bucks or someshit maybe it will work.
It will still require a full game as far as modes go to be available for free though (even with only 1 character as a start).

I can't believe some people argue that 10 character full price fighting game will not bomb immediatelly at release.

The actual gachashit whales won't be putting any time into this game.

Attached: Granblue Wishlist.jpg (1673x1702, 536K)

I swear to god if her theme doesn't play when she's summoned I'm burning Cygames down.

Depends really, the overlap between pro fighting game players and people who spend money on Granblue and other Cygames product is pretty wide.

Attached: Du-b6lEUYAImaKj.jpg (779x1200, 161K)

The background changes to the one in her fight so there are big chances of that happening

>I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Just heard DBFZ is simple so characters must be easy to pump out.
What does mechanic simplicity have to do with half the characters having a beam attack copy pasted on them as part of their moveset or their outfit being 10 times simpler than what Granblue characters are wearing?
>they have got way better at the techniques by now
Getting better = speed? No, getting better means having more refined models and better visuals on attacks. Its apparent that Granblue has subtly better, more crisper visuals than Xrd at this point. Xrd had a lot of bloom integrated into slash/bludgeon/gun/flame/lightning etc. effects. They've learned how to refine their visuals to not need bloom, not just be faster in finishing something. If speed was all it took they wouldn't even bother refining.

>What do Cygames not have the cash to fund it?
What good is money when Arcsys is the only company capable of doing it like that? You think they'll shower them with money and that'll magically make them work faster?

>hurr durr they're fun
>literal Japanese niggers
Yea whatever retard

Wrong again user, they're Japanese chavs ftfy

He only started because of GBFV announcement. He probably already stopped playing

You mean Japanese Guidos

Huh, I didn't even notice that.
That's pretty cool.

>Ladiva
Yikes

I know Kazunoko has been a hardcore Cygames fan; though he only ever played GBF and Shadowverse. Same with Fenrich

It was probably being developed alongside DBFZ. I think its impressive how far they've gone in making it look like a complete game visual and mechanic wise while keeping up with DBFZ.

And again, this whole thread's jumping the gun. No confirmation on final roster number yet.

It will be pretty stupid to have revealed all characters in the logo, theres probably more characters they haven't showed off yet.

Knowing this company 10 characters are probably the base game roster while at least 4-6 more will be day 1 DLC.

>The number of moves/animations and the complexity of the 3D model actually matter in the size of the roster.
You don't know how complex it is. And you also seem to be forgetting the game isn't in a vacuum, there are a fuck load of fighters out these days. Most people aren't going to see it and go oh well it is Granblue so I will forgive it having less characters than Xrd on launch. You keep focusing on DBFZ but ignore that game which does have much more complex characters

>Find a DBFz character with an install that summon a fucking new 3D model in it please.
Find me 11 that after being beat by certain characters plays a special 30 second win animation. Oh wait you can't

>having a beam attack copy pasted
Yeah you have fuck all idea what you are talking about. No shit they have a projectile hitbox, that doesn't mean they literally copy pasted the exact same pose and animation. Having the game register what is a projectile doesn't suddenly make it all easy. There being more detail on the outfit really doesn't mean much.

>Getting better = speed?
Yes, getting better at something does mean you can do it quicker

>What good is money when Arcsys is the only company capable of doing it like that?
Allows for longer dev times and allows you to employee more people or outsource. Your defence doesn't work for a game with Cygames money behind it, if you want to argue the game is a cheap throw away for them then okay

>And again, this whole thread's jumping the gun.
>probably
>maybe we will have more
Yeah, it's clearly "jumping the gun" man

Doesn't really stop them from adding more even as base since the logo would get pretty crowded but dunno

Attached: 1535908934453.jpg (1200x849, 145K)

You don't know many of them then. If this game has their favorite character in it than the whales will have to play it and achieve everything there is to achieve with him/her. These are people who spend all their time and money to try and prove that they are the #1 superfan of whatever the fuck they whale on. The opportunity for another avenue to prove that they are the one who cares the most for their waifu will be too good to pass up.

>There being more detail on the outfit really doesn't mean much.
And that's where I stopped. This level of brainlet cannot be possible.

I'm guessing it matters because I'm looking at the trend of the current roster. They're all OG Granblue characters

>and achieve everything there is to achieve with him/her.
What does that even mean for a fighting game? Also getting proficient at a fighter is a bit different from grinding a phone game. Most will buy, play through the single player and then stop.

Attached: 1545657799690.png (215x289, 47K)

This. They'll buy it for the freebies that come with it for the gacha and that's it

>Find a DBFz character with an install that summon a fucking new 3D model in it please.
How about Ginyu being able to summon his other 4 team mates? Lowain can summon his friends+the girl so that about evens out.

Shenron kinda counts I guess.

You don't understand, they try dedicating all of their time to their waifus and the opportunity to play as a waifu almost endlessly is super appealing for them.They will actually try to get good. They will fail, and fail miserably, but they will actually go into the lab and practice their character and try to beat other people with them.

Ginyu's team mates only have one animation + intro, it's like Lowain's friends, not like Yggdrasil who is fully playable.

Who the fuck do they think they are trying to sell me a game with 0 cows

Attached: __kuvira_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_yellowpaint__99296c80f396cdeb393d4c24415f8608.jpg (1120x1600, 259K)

1*

There's plenty of whales that aren't devoted waifufags you know

Technically they each have 2 attacks, with some having slightly more things they can do based on setups.

>Ginyu's team mates only have one animation + intro
Pretty sure they have a few attacks each. They come in and order and you select one of their attacks each time.

It ain't a cow unless it has big udders.

Which draph got confirmed?

i started playing this a couple weeks ago because relink looks cool, then got the 100 spins thing today. how'd I do and why is there two zetas?

Attached: Capture+_2019-03-10-11-07-17.png (1359x1778, 2.92M)

There is definitely enough overlap that he'll have plenty of scrubs to bully for a while after launch.

I don't really see it. Their are plenty of waifu franchises that have gotten spin offs and not seen that happen. It would also take time away from the grinding the browser game.

>Am I missing something?
No you're not. Axe is literally better than the Spine in pretty much every way, not sure why these fucks keep telling that its worse.

The big bro with the biggest udders

Vas

Not video games. Fuck off

>gays
No thank you

Males don't count

IDK might just be my personal experience but every hardcore whale/waifufag I've known has gone to ludicrous steps to "support" their waifu as much as possible, including stuff like importing bushit road cardgames and memorizing all the effects and replaying games with no replay value.

I'm saving all my homolust for the inevitable Sandy DLC thank you very much. Vas is just a huge fucking bro and best draph.

Attached: wishlist.jpg (1673x1702, 771K)

Do any of you already play fighters or are you just excited because this is granblue?

Attached: 1550685135682.webm (768x432, 2.89M)

Could be better, although Yngwie and Grea are solid attackers and Arulu is a solid support. Dark Zeta is fine for now until you get better attackers in Dark. Flaretato is cute but Flare might fuck you over more than it helps you if you don't know what you're doing. Fire Zeta might get her 5* soon so she might not be bad anymore.
Some characters have different versions of them, usually with a different story that builds on them or is tied to one of their events, or may even progress their character's story or development in general. They can also be different elements too just because.
Still you have like a whole month of free rolls and roulette so you might get better characters eventually.

I play but don't really have a main game right now. Mostly UNIst currently. Really want this to take off but not convinced yet.

Attached: 1533327584634.png (1536x2048, 1.59M)

Me. Tried granblue a while ago and it was ok but I don't really play mobage.

Play a shitload of fighters though and love neutral based ones. SFV is trash so we need a good one and SNK games aren't really that big in america so I'm hoping this will make all the esports losers in my area play a better game so I can actually enter something other than anime games at regionals for once.

yes and yes

Don't worry it'll take off. Capcom has proved that a game has to be an MVCI level disaster to fail if a company has money to put behind it, and Cygames has proven their willing to blow tons of money to promote this, even holding FGC events before this game was even announced.

BBCF
DBFZ
Wanna learn UNIST and Tekken but will just go with Tekken because UNIST+EU does not compute. Waiting on Granblue too ofc, know shit all about its setting/characters etc.

>Play a shitload of fighters though and love neutral based ones
You should look into the new Samurai Shodown coming out. They're neutral based as fuck with small combos and large damage.

Oh no I love samsho and play Vs fairly regularly. Super hyped for the new one.

It's just the samsho scene around me is literally me and whoever I bully into playing it with me, there are no tournaments or events for it. I'm hoping that cygames puts enough money into this that nearby monthlies start running it.

I see this being more like NRS games, load of money but limited appeal mostly towards a certain region. It'll do decent numbers in Japan but mediocre elsewhere.

Its pretty acceptable for something that has never had a fighting game.

I have never played fighters extensively before. Last time I even touched one was in the PS2 days.

>Not wanting to play as best girl
Yikes

I'm decent at GG and Tekken and trying to getter better at UNIST and BBCF. I'm really fucking stoked for this game

Attached: 1534539598330.gif (293x199, 1.94M)

Am I the only one who likes new franchises to have small rosters? For something like Street Fighter where all the characters have been around forever and everyone knows their designs 10 would be unacceptable but for a new fighter it's pretty good. Whenever new franchises have super huge rosters they're normally terrible balanced, lack character variety, and a pain to get into because you've gotta learn a bunch of matchups you've never played before.

I guess DC have technically had fighters before, but Injustass had 24. That was the first serious one at least which counts for something. If Re:Link had come out before I could see people accept 15, but if you have very little idea what granblue is then it just looks lacking.

And injustass was boring with like every character having the same fucking combo routes off that stupid wallbounce thing, with neutral being entirely dominated by whatever characters had the closest move to slade's gun.

If I've got $60 in my pocket, there are so many competent fighters I could get with sizeable rosters. That is who this game is competing with, some that can guarantee an active online. It might seem nice, but as a value prospect it sucks.

Used to play a lot of Melty Blood but now I mainly play UNIST. Put in a good amount of time in Guilty Gear as well. Honestly though I'm willing to give any fighting game a shot cause I just love the genre.
Except NRS games, can't stand them (although I did like MK9).

>Charlotta and Percy in
I dont even care anymore, my top 2 are already in. Soriz and Arulu would be nice too, but I can live without.

But you're only gonna play like 2 or 3 characters at most anyways. As long as the game has characters that look interesting to me I'll pick it up, and in that case I prefer smallish rosters for new titles so I can get more comfortable with the matchups and won't just get bullied out by needing to know the frame data on literally thousands of moves like whenever I try to get into tekken.

Literally me. Ill play any fighter except NRS ones

I don't get how you can sell having a larger range of match ups as bad. Yeah it is more to learn, but if you don't like learning match ups you are in the wrong genre. More characters means more chances to find someone you like playing, more chances to counter a bad match up and more variety in the games you will play against people. Before you say it the game should have both variety in play style and a sizeable roster. It isn't like asking for more than 10-15 is a huge deal, would 5 more characters really make the game too hard to learn? Cause those extra 5 could also be characters people really like playing, help keep some top tiers in check or just fan favourites that boost the sales.

Having a smaller roster isn't going to mean people feel more comfortable getting in, it means they won't buy cause other games can offer them 3x the characters for the same money. Imagine you'd never heard of a fighter before, and the way someone sold it to you was this game is great it has so few characters. I doubt he'd convince many people.

Faggot.

Attached: 1515318132248.jpg (4848x2655, 3.65M)

First fighter was Hisoutensoku, then P4A, then AH, then Melty, then IAMP, then BBTAG and now UNIST. Played SC and Tekken on and off too, but casually. High school group of friends had a guy who was a giant touhoufag and he made us play touhou fighters with him. Some of us stuck around and played anime fighters, somehow end up playing only the anime ones and have never touched a Street Fighter.

Played GBF during its english launch and only stayed for maybe a month, the UI was just too awful and I still had PTSD from DENA mobages. Then played a bunch of other mobage, but I've quit most of them except Dragalia

No matter who they put in people will be disappointed since this has like a 100 popular characters. And new ones appear all the time.

Attached: 1552231074887.png (674x973, 678K)

Everything always gets decent coverage at launch, even fucking Blade Strangers had decent entries at its launch. But the game has to either be good or have dev support to maintain that momentum for any length of time. I'll make my judgment once it's out and I can see how matches look. If it does something good that no other game does I'll buy it, otherwise it'll be a hard pass. I think a decent enough chunk of the potential buyers share my sentiment.

Both. I usually buy and play most new fighting games but drop it after a few months. I'm hoping this one keeps my attention longer becuase I already have attachment to the characters

>girl
Yikes

Yeah, but some are more popular than others. Ann or Grea, Cag, Narmaya. They are all huge. Not to mention not having any female cow is straight up disgrace

I own almost every fighting game released on this and last generations and yeah, I'm excited for GBF with my main Zoi.

Attached: 1549494157920.jpg (1480x2000, 415K)

Lancelot and Lowain wouldn't be in if they used popularity as their measure of who gets in.

>Charlotte
Why does bitch look like she's from double crown?

Attached: 6964c1749fda4331addb58f530469867_bde9bfa4941fa35ad85b57be7606b0df_1_social_large.jpg (661x360, 26K)

The sole reason I even started playing Granblue was because I’m a huge Guilty Gear fan and fighting games in general. Always loved the art style of Granblue but never bothered to play it until versus was announced so I could actually understand what’s going on in the game.

Cows are too problematic they will be DLC.

Attached: 7a89e9b3aad80c6b7568d4f0bb4ddbf3.jpg (650x906, 367K)

Fuck cygames for sucking sony's censorious dick desu. Hope it fucking fails.

Imagine a high budget open world GBF game where you make your own character.

Attached: 1544877578438.jpg (2000x1121, 185K)

Hyped for this mostly because I'm a huge Arcsys and Guilty Gear fan, and I've always been interested in Granblue because of the heavy Akihiko Yoshida/Hideo Minaba artstyle and awesome soundtrack and character designs but brushed it off since it's a fucking gacha and I already was burned way too hard by FGO (a game that not only ruined what used to be one of my favorite universes but also was one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing, fuck gacha games, seriously).
I'm also interested in Relink for the same reasons.

Probably not gonna buy this on release. I'll wait for the dragon tits DLC.

Attached: Shingeki no Bahamut Manaria Friends - 01 [Abema 1920x1080 x264 AAC].mp4_snapshot_00.28_[2018.12.19_0 (1920x1080, 145K)

grea is not happening no matter how much you want it

Grea is shit and /u/ is shit

I'll wait for official word that she won't be in rather than anonymous posters on a mongolian basket weaving forum.

>Game Mechanics
>One button special movies
I can't wait to see how it ends up but I will buy this for Ferry even if it is a dumbed fighter like bbtag, dbfz.

alright but expect disappointment

Imagine the smell emanating off her.

Remember when games came out and all you knew about it were some grainy screenshots from a video game magazine? I am not going to buy that shit because fighting games suck ass, but who cares if only 1 or 20 characters are revealed?

The latter. Don't think I like GBF on its own and I'm not easily baited by waifu characters anymore. Would always like to be surprised but it has a lot to do to win me over.

Attached: 1510108208361.jpg (850x602, 370K)

Both.

Oh wait, shit, meant to say former

I actually used to play fighters competitively. But that was almost a decade ago soon. Fuck I wanted to say half a decade so bad but time just speeds by like no tomorrow.
Regardless I am pretty motivated to give it its fair legitimate shake as a real fighting game. But only on PC, and only if it's Denuvo free.
Let's see how that'll go. I suppose I am pretty prepared to miss the game in its entirety if those conditions are never met. It'd be a shame but it looks like the future will be relatively stacked with games regardless. If the above conditions are met though I'll place quite a bit of priority on this game.

>Stop caring about game having more content already!

First season pass will focus on GBF fan favorites. Second season pass will happen if the game is successful and will focus on popular RoB characters.

I play them on occasion but uni WiFi doesn't support p2p

Don't be a retard. Just because they don't have a 100% transparent development that doesnt mean there isnt more content already. Just wait until its fucking released to see if there is or isn't enough content that would justify buying the game.

Doesn't she smell good?

Will this attack be in the game?

Attached: grandunk fantasy.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

It's Gran's fatality

Why Grea?

That's epic!!!!

Attached: MRX.jpg (895x771, 82K)

Wait, does Rackam have a new VA?

In the title we see 10 weapons and so far it is all we saw or hinted at. Until they show anyone outisde of that 10 then we can assume it is all we would get outside of DLC. 10 base characters for a fighting game is really weak

If we don't get more than those 10, then those are the most likely:
>Naru
>Vira
>Cag
>Yuel
>Albert
>Siegfried
>Zooey
>Bea

B-But gaming magazines!

The logo really doesn't prove much in terms of the actual size of the roster. There's no way they'd risk giving away the entire cast based on day one promo material.

Idea: Stella Magna(their internal sound team) is in charge of ost for versus, which so far consists of a remake of platinum sky and lowains character song, the latter hints that characters with own songs could show up to expand the ost with remakes, please take a look at all character songs until the end of 2018(with new ones possibly used for dlc characters)

Is this actually coming out this year or is it going to be early next year?

I agree, but if we don't get more news/announcements about the game for months like it was before Lowain (3 fucking months for one character), then it's probably not more than 10~13.

Any new players to GBF that started because of Versus? Or even Manaria Friends?
Asking here since the general on /vg/ is having a meltdown over something.

I started GBF years ago but lost my account (not played that much anyway), but now I full into it after Versus announcement.

>how'd I do and why is there two zetas?
Decent roll, but you should probably look at a list of characters, look at what element has the characters you like most and reroll until you get them or at least get enough characters to start a team of that element. If you don't want to spend time rerolling tho, you'll do fine for now, since you have 3 Fire SSRs and over the course of this month you will most definitely get a few more SSRs. As for Zeta, she actually has 4 versions, because she is popular. Tons of characters have more than one version.

They are having a meltdown on new oracles all turning out to be insane and also pretty shit tier characters
Also "ALL OF THEM ARE KEK BAIT REE", which is obviously just shitposting

>insane and also pretty shit tier characters
What?

started at the end of last year during the roulette

They are all insane as in insane as a person
One is mass murderer, another one has closet full of dead boyfriends and so on

Only 3 of them are somewhat alright in their heads but even those had a shit life and problems of some sort

Oh. That sounds strange.

Still and forever best girl.

Attached: 348d5c64ebca3e66876cebf061eb2542.png (702x666, 581K)

Oracles are by far the darkest characters in GBF so far. Honestly have no idea how these fucks will be accepted on the crew

Attached: 1552208843414.png (324x793, 65K)

Who's the villain in this game ? I usually main character like Terumi but i have no idea if there is a villain like him in GB.

Based and sunpilled

Attached: 1533983387671.png (633x1569, 202K)

Do you have the one of Nier or Maria? Those are the one I'm not interested to know but I'm way behind to unlock them. Related to that, are the eternals a pain in the ass to unlock?

first arc was the empire and the demon god akasha. second arc is the communist kingdom from the different continent

Attached: __katalina_aryze_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_minaba_hideo__36a11ce3a9774c7a4cc2bafe3572c17d.png (960x800, 152K)

Nier i dont have picture but short version is
She was a shit mage, her parents got a new kid (sister) that was better and only praised her so Nier learned ancient life magic to proof that she is good too hoping her parents would love her
She then got a boyfriend but that guy was a douche so she used her life magic on him for experiments to get better, she then repeated this multiple times because all her boyfriends run away the moment shit went down and they found out about the previous boyfriends. then she hid hide the bodies in her closet

I'd be fine with that size desu. 12-15 is typically a good starting size for the first iteration of a fg. P4A had 13 characters and I still think it has one of my favourite rosters of all time. Every archetype represented, but still realistic to learn every matchup.

From what I've seen Nier's backstory is about shitty parents and her murdering her boyfriends and stuffing their corpses in her closet
Haven't seen much about Maria
>are the eternals a pain in the ass to unlock?
The initial unlock is a grind but not too bad. The 5* uncap grind is hellish though so be prepared for that

Attached: 1552206142408.png (1259x890, 725K)

also with the current event, which took 3 parts and 3 years to finish, this guy is one of the villains which is a very horny fallen angel

Attached: belial.png (960x800, 118K)

and also this guy

Attached: lucilius.png (586x630, 774K)

To be savagely honest Yea Forums I'd still smash.

So what's her role in the Granblue world?

Attached: Amira.jpg (1200x1200, 314K)

I want to fuck them both!

Worth dying over?

just add djeeta already, she can be ken to gran's ryu.

That's the plan yeah.

Funny how the oracles with their fucked up stories are overshadowing him already. I liked the event but Belial seems super tame now.

Attached: 1552237817942.jpg (900x1200, 173K)

lol instant blocking doesn't mean a game won't have neutral. look at kof xiv, it has instant blocking and probably the best neutral out of all the games this gen.

it depends on whether or not instant blocking gives frame advantage or not.

source of DATA for light teams
she's pretty strong, though she can be replaced by other characters now

>people actually pay money to pull a slot machine for this art when you can download it online and in higher resolution for free

>lol instant blocking doesn't mean a game won't have neutral.
Where did anyone say that? You've mixed up two different points

Attached: 1552237076008.png (474x685, 416K)

Maria was a young empress or something who had a guy she liked. Her advisors told her she needed to make a political marriage but she said she'd rather marry out of love instead.
Her advisors turn on her and lock her up in the dungeon, set up her twin sister or something as a double who then cucks her by marrying the guy she liked, who turned out to be the guy they wanted for the political marriage. Her servant ends up killing herself too. Turns out her mother absolutely despises her and orchestrated everything to shit on her.
While she's despairing she makes a pact with Justice to get revenge on everyone.

pretty sure most people are on mobiles, and most of the pc fanbase doesn't have a gaming pc

free rolls in a few minutes

He was a great villain, I'm glad he's getting his own raid

Attached: SmartSelect_20190310-155242_Granblue.jpg (1440x2088, 1.26M)

The servant killed herself just to allow Maria to make a pact with the Justice primal. It was pretty crazy. Despite all that Maria seems to be one of the more sane oracles.

Don't forget that all their pact primals want to see (You) dead because they want to know what will happen when an unbelievable force, i.e. The Singularity, dies.

Do you have their Fate Episodes in your artbook too?
Or the main story and side stories? Did you hear their voices?

A lot of my friends are into this game/series and post about it on twitter, but I feel like it's something that might be hard to get into right now? Like, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of characters, etc, and the storylines/events that i might have missed.

Are my fears unfounded or is it rather easy to get into/caught up? I'm still stoked for Versus, that Lowain character really impressed me

Attached: 1548503941194.jpg (1771x1300, 2.14M)

Right now would actually be the best time to get into it becuase they're giving away a shit ton of rolls

Right now is literally the best time to get into it since you get the massive boost from the free weapons and draws

Alright, thanks man, will give it a go. Always enjoyed the art and stuff I see posted but yeah it felt like I would have a hard time playing it if I didn't do it way back then.

It's a good time to get into it right now, since you can reroll really easily and get tons of SSRs. Tho, don't expect to "catch up" with people who have been playing for a while. This game is 5 years old after all, there is fucktons of content available.

>30 rolls
>got Narmaya
I'll take it, probably gonna replace vira
who I just got to lv 100, thanks, game

>20 rolls
>lancelot dupe
Damn it.

>10 rolls
>Get Grea and Sara
Not sure how to feel

*flosses*

Attached: 1.jpg (449x667, 119K)

DO YOUR FREE ROLLS NIGGERS

Narmaya is core so keep her always in your party.

>30 rolls

27 R 3 SR

nice, very nice

Yeah, got a gold moon and Sen SR on 20.

Got a gold moon

Attached: 1392446588235.png (1070x848, 583K)

Thanks! And that was also something I was wondering about if I could access old content or such, or if events come back periodically like other games

They've been moving older events to a side stories section while some come back as a rerun once in a while

>20 rolls
>nothing
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

You can and have to access a lot of old content. Events come back permanently as side stories after a while, well at least some of them do.

Both, and footsie fighters are my favourite type.

Awesome, looking forward to it then! Thanks again

Attached: redfield smile.jpg (295x394, 64K)

You still have the story mode and side stories available to be more familiar with the GBF lore.
Also you will get a story called "Fate Episode" everytime you get a new character.
If you start now, do the 000 event, use the skip button to have everything in your journal to watch it again later because it's the part III of What Makes the Sky Blue and the 2 previous parts are already available in the side stories (part 3 won't be in it before a long time).

Also, reminder to not use your crystals and tickets before being able to make 300 rolls in a row, it's called a "spark" and you will be able to chooe the character you want in the current banner (do it during legfest if you want a limited character).

Second 10 Rolls...
I bet I will get the gacha frenzy before filling the jauge too.

Yeah that was what I was hoping for, to be able to get familiar with the storylines and such, so that's a relief to hear. I'm still clueless as hell as to what are good rolls but I'll go give a wiki/guide a read or such in the meantime.

I dunno why it took me so long to jump aboard, but Versus is what pushed me to finally do so, looking forward to future threads

Attached: karl.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>'m still clueless as hell as to what are good rolls but I'll go give a wiki/guide a read or such in the meantime.
The wiki has a Tier list. I've been told it's not that great, but it doesn't seem to be completely wrong either. I'd recommend to just go ahead and take a look at it, decide on your favorite characters/element and then reroll until you get what you want. So for example, if you really like Jeanne D'arc (Dark), you might wanna reroll until you get her and some other Dark SSRs. Other than that it doesn't matter too much, you don't need to roll the best SSRs of the bat, just make sure you start with a team of at least 3 SSRs of one element and that's good enough.

>Light Barawa
All I need is the rerun of his second event to finish the detective+assistant bingo

Attached: 1539550751379.jpg (448x310, 26K)

>Yesterday got fuck all from 30 rolls
>20 rolls today
>get Anthuria
>check her kit
>RNG inside RNG inside RNG
Ok, at least I am fairly new so SSR fire is always good. Not to mention I recently did dancer quest and she seemed fairly cute. Guess I will roll with lewd RNG erune grill

Sounds good! Yeah i gotta admit, I'm the type who will probably gravitate towards a character whose designs really appeal to me, before stats etc. But I'll try and keep in mind what will be good to have in the long run

I was like you when I started around christmas.
Don't worry, you will know a lot of things just with the base story and side stories.
You will know more about the crew and side characters like Vira, Ferry, Drang, Sturm, Orchid, Apollonia,... in the side stories, you will have a whole arc about the homoknights (Perci, Lancelot, Vane, Siegfried), there is also some Society events for Zeta and Vaseraga, one for Grea, Aliza and Lowain too. Cagliostro has a rerun for his event in a few days.
A lot of those characters are in Versus or have a high chance to be in at some point.

Oh yeah, I only mentioned the tier list because it compiles all the characters into a nice list with links to each characters profile. Don't worry too much about the actual tiers, just roll for the ones you like. Like I said, the only thing that really matters is that you have a couple of characters of the same element, that's really it. This whole roulette event will go on for the rest of the month so you'll get more SSRs during this month anyway.

Do her Fate Episode, you won't be disappointed.

Nice, good to hear you were able to get up to speed in these few months. That's encouraging, and yeah I really want to know about the characters in Versus before I play that, so that I can have a better understanding of their storylines and whatnot.

I'm honestly shit at fighting games, but I play them because I like the characters and even the story stuff.

>30 free draws

Awww yea bois, we in there once again.

Yeah I just started as well just to immerse myself in the world before Relink and Versus. Can't wait to body people with my mommygf Katalina.

Basically, without any gacha content (fate episodes), I was able to know more about:
>Katalina
>Ferry
>Percival
>Zeta
>Vaseraga
>Lancelot
>Lowain
Gran is you, so that's 8/10 characters, only Metera and Charlotta are obscure to me right now.

spinnah would unironically be a great choice if he wasn't so recent

Wait do the free rolls count towards the spark? Cause I am closing in on 30k crystals and if the free rolls don't have to be used today I might be able to spark.

They do, but you have to use them the day you get them. If you get gachapin frenzy you can get lucky and get tons of rolls as long as you dont get an SSR tho.

Free rolls have to be used before the next reset or you lose them so no saving. Sparks are kept until the banner changes though so you could roll a couple of times with roulette in the same banner and then finish it off with your crystals for a spark if you can hit 300.

>Got 20 AGAIN
>Got Rosamia, Cordelia, and Lucius
Did I do good Yea Forums?

Attached: 1551872733091.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

>but you have to use them the day you get them
Dang that sucks, but my math was waaaay off anyways. It's 90000 crystals for 300 rolls, not 30000.
One noob question though, so I should mostly roll till I have a team of SSRs for a single element, then do Hard and Omega Raids for that element to trade those rewards in for weapons of that element.

Attached: 1518101095645.jpg (212x221, 7K)

Damn, it's like the game knows who I jack off too.

Attached: file.png (642x996, 1.04M)

Yeah confirmed, the game fucking knows. Today is a good day lads.

Attached: file.png (641x1000, 1.08M)

No you farm them for their particular weapon drop or summon for your grid. The other stuff they drop is usually used as uncap material or upgrade fodder so you usually save those. Unless it's a Chev sword or a Celeste claw you don't buy the other M1 weapons you need from the pendant shop cause those can be farmed relatively easily compared to those two weapons.
But yeah you'd try to assemble a couple of SRs or SSRs for your parties and then use that party to farm the element it's strong against.

Rosamina's hot though. So it's not all bad.

>ywn get headpats from Eustace
why live

Attached: Eustace headpats.png (390x530, 379K)

>Vaseraga and Zeta ever not being together
It's like you don't even understand the characters. Bea will get in as DLC with Eustace. Probably the other two homoknights, too.

Attached: 1546544616103.jpg (700x1200, 114K)

Oh I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

Fuck I thing I made the wrong choice by focusing all my stones on Justice for the cow Empress.

Does he have any chance to be in the game ?

as far as i know, he's not even playable in GBF itself. So maybe not?

I think peoples problem with this is a lot of the times they end up basically playing the same.

Do EX modifiers stack? I was thinking about getting a free Xeno weapon since M2 increased its drop rates now, and I wouldnt be able to grind a xeno weapon when its week rolls around in a timely manner.

Why would you fap to Bea?

same modifiers are additive, but yes EX do stack just like everything else

A lot of quality content. Here's hoping her fate story doesn't make me stop.

Attached: file.png (259x55, 2K)

I can't decide between the fucking two. I hear S.Grea synergises well with Kengo/Varja but I have neither at this point

Alright. I just heard that you should "X for your EX modifier" so I thought it doesnt stack. I would just have two EXs of different levels of power, replacing one magna.

Best girl is in so what's the problem?

Attached: 0a4a00cea51f606d6795e2ae94472262.png (1011x1500, 1.59M)

Wrong.

Attached: __by_athenyan-dbrawf1.png (640x688, 129K)

Wrong

Attached: 16641032680.png (800x860, 766K)

having 2 EX weapons was pretty popular some years ago, now I think most ppl go for 1 EX and replace the other with something like Atma/Akasha etc

excuse me

Attached: 1529637463762.png (760x1075, 1.11M)

Akasha weapons are EX modifier dumb dumb

Attached: Screenshot_20181103-001100.png (3765x765, 2.71M)

Best girl hasn't been confirmed to be in just yet.

Attached: 31-2-4.png (288x625, 178K)

Attached: 1552061297568.jpg (396x425, 40K)

Wrong.

Attached: 1550771060207.jpg (725x1024, 115K)

WRONG

Attached: 1516203153661.jpg (990x1323, 209K)

don't forget about tickets

Is that free Cag the SSR one

>they end up basically playing the same
It never was the case in a proper fighting game.

SR

They went all the way with these

Attached: 1547980171718.png (1080x1063, 699K)

Why did they make them all so dark

Lyria is too pure to sit through this bullshit

They said they intended eternals to have a shounen demographic and the oracles have a seinen demographic

IS THIS A

>Milkma

Yoko Taro works at Cygames now?

Attached: 1543352102581.jpg (600x450, 46K)

>he needs to pay money to watch youtube
LOL

I never expected something like this from GBF. Honestly always found the happy go lucky nothing bad ever happens for long shit to be boring. Hopefully we get more characters like them from now on

Just did, Fuck Lyria for cockblocking us from some hot Erune pussy.

They're should really be an option to beat the shit out of Vern and Lyria.

Lyria is cute and she's a pretty good character for being a SR. Fuck Vyrn tho.

Attached: 1549682716158.jpg (609x881, 69K)

There*

Such a shame those psychos 200% won't be in Versus.

Attached: 1552236730032.jpg (476x695, 65K)

even if you are the one advancing on anthuria, she will easily backed out due to embarrassment just like in white day and halloween special

I'd ring her but I'm always afraid she'll finally get an SSR that's just the same kit but better.

Forte is gonna make it.
Also the big Draph husbando that I forgot the name.

I don't know shit about Granblue, but I love fighting games. What's Vaseraga's deal? I can reasonably guess what everyone else is like.

From that pic I understand Gran, Katalina, Charlotta, Zeta and Vaseraga.
But the rest can fuck off. Theres much better picks for a fighting game.

If KMR lets her be a SSR, will be most likely in an anniversary event, so at least have a year to get another ring.

He looks like an edgelord but he's actually pretty reasonable and cool. He has an augmented body that lets him take shit that would turn the average person to paste.

>runs a fairly successful crew
>Is hired to go up against Lich
>literally every member of the crew died trying to save him from the Lich's power, which burns his skin and makes him disfigured
>joins super secret Society in order to attempt to protect as many people as possible in order to make up for his entire crew dying for him

>anons actually thinking Grea is getting in
Setting yourself for disappointment.

Lowain is really cool with many refs and a playable summon, literally the perfect funny character that any fighting game need

Same VA as Kamen Rider W belt. All you need to know

Wtf. Bought the pick ticket and can't even find grand zoey

>I can reasonably guess what everyone else is like
Well I would say Vaseraga, Zeta, and Ferry have the most unique backstory of those characters.
I dont know anything about Metera, and the rest of them are either your usual knights.
Gran is airship captain, and Lowain is literally only there because apparently the voice actor is best friends with the Cygames CEO or something.

>Forte
lol
She's a literal who to Cygames at this point

Explain why they wouldn't put a character which belongs to them, who is really popular and in many of their games?

He's augmented and has a scythe that can turn into a robot machine God that sometimes possesses him and makes him go Berserk like Guts in the Berserker armor

Of all the Draph females who else would get in instead?
Forte is the most battle oriented and her weapon would be pretty unique.

>Bea and Zeta ever not being together
A worse sin in my opinion

Forte has been ignored since her release
They probably regret changing her race

Because they already said that they aren't doing this based on popularity and all the characters that are currently in are not only Granblue originals but they're all old characters from around the launch year of the game

Naru if they want to do a katana stance character/quick draw like Johnny or Yuzu from UNIEL
Aliza if they want to do a melee characters
Hallesena for CRAZY CHAINSAW

You say that like Grea is literally the only character they have in multiple games.

Forte isnt even originally a draph

>Of all the Draph females who else would get in instead?
Naru
Aliza
Danua

Attached: 1532823422251.jpg (1390x970, 180K)

Why are Erune always biggest sluts?

Attached: D1TAqvjUwAE52jQ.jpg (800x800, 112K)

>more sword users
Nah.

>Because they already said that they aren't doing this based on popularit
They never said, it's actually the contrary:

>Versus is going to be a more character-driven game, and since it’s a fighting game the method for choosing is different. For instance, an important factor is how people would enjoy fighting with each character. There is much more room for introducing more unique characters or some who aren’t as relevant to the main story of Granblue but do have a strong fanbase.

I wish I wasn't attracted to Naru.

What? They changed her?

are you a faggot?

grea isn't popular
she didn't even place on the valentines gift shit nor any of the recently polls

>Danua
lol

>sword meme
Go back to your Smash thread, retard.

Honestly as it stands being in so many of their games might be a disadvantage. It's not like veterans are deconfirmed or anything but it's a bit worrisome that they haven't shown signs of one yet.

She isn't popular and is STILL waiting for an update to her garbage kit that will never come. Cygames unironically forgot about her
Someone like Sturm, Anila, or Naru is more likely

>Of all the Draph females who else would get in instead?
Sheep which uses a naginata

Should i spark if i can (i do) or wait for summer? I want Cumbira but the new summer characters look very cool too

>grea isn't popular
Nigga she has an anime entirely dedicated to her and her girlfriend.

Sturm is fucking ugly. Naru is 100% certain to be in game.

When they imported her to Granblue, they just made her into a draph for some reason

She's popular with RoBoomer fags, her event was universally considered the most shit of 2017

Boycott if Vira is in

>Khumbira
Good luck with that.
I already got her when she came out so I'm just saving my crystals for summer waifus.

Attached: Granblue Fantasy she knows.png (748x1064, 1.26M)

>Sturm is fucking ugly.
Confirmed for faggot.

>old popular character
>puppets gimmick
>got an EX pose for her summer version
She has more chance than you think.

Attached: 1535292668822.jpg (500x706, 380K)

>Sturm is fucking ugly
fuck you

Attached: DzUFmdLVYAAwBvU-orig.png (640x688, 146K)

We get 100 draws guaranteed last day which has high chances of being legfes
If she's in that one you could spark her with a very high discount since it would 100+what you got the other days

Sheep is literally a KoF reference.

Forte is only popular in Rage of Bahamut and Shadowverse where she isn't even originally a Draph.

>Naru is 100% certain to be in game.
Definitely not happening.

I want to mating press this midget

>not wanting a Drang&Sturm character

Attached: 1522532301872.jpg (1448x2048, 529K)

Sturm is 4/10 for draph standards.

Attached: 1472277943596.png (358x484, 439K)

It's just her I don't want to waste faps over.

they can LITERALLY re-use all Izayoi gameplay on her and it will work well
Naru sure is in, high chances of DLC as well

Attached: DTVkV_2U0AE7_Pd.jpg (849x1200, 132K)

This is a weird thing, but any darker haired female characters that are pretty good? I'm legit uninterested in blondes/light haired characters.

oh you just have shit taste

Attached: 1536467936596.png (689x973, 808K)

Why not?

What?

She's the most popular character in the history of the game. It's happening.

Here the characters that are definitely in:
Vira, cuz Katalina is there and they will have some shit together
Black Knight, because its fucking Black Knight
Lyria, in someway somehow especially now that they showed Lowain summoning Gaia
Macho Vyrn, maybe as a joke character
Zooey, most probably as paid DLC
Lucifer, possibly same as above
Jeanne, with some transformation mechanics for her Light and Dark versions
Unsure about the guys cuz I dont care but considering the ones already in the game its probably gonna be fully depending on popularity with the fujoshits.

I don't want to fap to her but they designed her just for that purpose.

>She's the most popular character in the history of the game.
That's Vira, though.

Attached: 50726840_p0.png (643x1000, 1.14M)

Vira has won the most popularity polls, and Djeeta is the most popular female period.

>Black Knight
LMAO 0% chance nobody gives a fuck about her
>Lucifer
It would be Sandalphon you idiot he's the same shit but 50000x more popular, literally the most popular character in the game

That's bullshit and you know it.
How many people here like Naru vs how many like Vira? Barely anyone cares about Vira.

>Lyria
already a special

>only the most popular characters ever will get in

Alright retard.

>no Albert

Attached: 1544266548738.jpg (1500x1800, 546K)

rage of bahamut characters are NOT in you retards

Attached: FB_IMG_1552134178958.jpg (1140x640, 62K)

>tfw when some fuckery happened and I lost my account of a year and a half
>Have to start over but don't want to pay for an account
Fuck
Fuck

I really hope he makes it in. Albert is so cool.

Sandalphon is literally an autoinclude over Lucifer because he LITERALLY has lucifer's powers on a more popular and beloved character, it's not even worth discussing

you can't lost an account
useless you forgot your password or some sht

Nips like her and they're the ones voting on the popularity polls. She's slipped over the past year or so though, she doesn't top the polls anymore but neither does Naru. We're in the era of the Gun Sisters now.

Why do people like Naru?

She's a nice character and also hot, Vira is neither of those things.

For some reason today I logged In but it kept saying my info was wrong even though the email and password has been the same since I started

cool desing, cute, strong, also strong lore wise
and she has her own light novel

Attached: 1539629417490.jpg (800x1070, 136K)

He’s right about Sandy, but wrong about my wife who did nothing wrong

>they give naru ice car

Attached: 1533090090352.jpg (421x510, 41K)

Probably because she is your typical "I will suck your dick for free master cuz I'm your brainless slave for no reason" waifu and virgins love that shit.

So will cygames censorship for western versions of their games exist in this game?

Being the first antagonist give her some chance.
She could be paired with Orchid.
Sword+Gun and multiple elements mechanic is quite unique.
She looks fucking sick in her armor, so she would probably looks insane in a Arcsys game
But yeah, if she is not in the base roster (when you can take some risk), he will never be in the game.

Attached: 1539808957946.jpg (1015x1440, 185K)

we have like 50 of these on gbf
Naru is special, user

>retards thinking their personal favorites will get in because they are the most "popular"

lmao you faggots didnt even bother reading the last few popularity polls huh

Zeta and Metera have passable outfits
but some characters show way too much skin at some angles, and a lot others don't wear underwear
which is a problem to turn into 3D

Attached: 1544890532860.png (1454x994, 1.56M)

>Charlotte is the only Harvin
>no female draphs
>erunes out the ass in conparison

This is bullshit

Surely if she was that popular then SOMEONE here would like her, but no. Even when I look at nips they are mostly all for Naru and no one really cares about Vira.

I always get confused when people say they play fighters yet are looking forward to this 1 button + autocombos crap

If the picks were all about popularity then Vira and gun sisters would already be in.

Attached: jX1q9NF.png (1292x592, 92K)

Go back to your SFV/MvCI thread.
Oops, there is none.

The new hot shit wins every popularity poll anyways

Camieux confirmed to be DLC.

Why is black knight so sexy

yeah because they casualised themselves hard and people didn't like that shit lmao, thanks for proving my point?

Only give a shit because its Granblue.
The most time I played a fighting game was Persona Arena Ultimax because I'm a massive Personafag and that game was legit fun for a while.

>metera
>passable outfit

Attached: 60106889_p5.jpg (531x787, 172K)

Because of her based father.

>No Cag
Dead on Arrival

Attached: 1552207356601.jpg (1152x1152, 794K)

Please. She could play like Naoto ans Noel

Attached: Npc_zoom_3040148000_02.png (960x800, 207K)

Is she popular?

>implying BBTAG is a simple game at high levels
I always wonder why so many people thing just because a game has simple execution means its a simple game. The game has retarded setups and execution off cross combos. Mid level BBTAG doesnt even use fucking autocombos.

Redpill me on this bitch. Why is she in the game?
She is legit one of the few waifus I know nothing about.

Don't dig any further user, nips hate her and she barely gets mentioned anymore

I don't see how that is lewd user
Just look at Socie, she would be super lewd if we could look at her from every angle
and yeah, this is official art

Attached: __socie_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_77gl__30386b3e62199fe7a16c6b48033428b9.jpg (750x900, 846K)

what an ugly dumb hag

These polls are mostly irrelevant. You couldn't find these implied Vira fans even if you tried.

user... I think I'm in love...

Attached: 432189681327.jpg (670x903, 506K)

Why do they hate her? Is it because she's narumaya tier or is it because muh Orchid?

Very

Attached: cag.jpg (707x1000, 782K)

Cag is definitely in.
Her SSR kind sucks but as a character but people love her and her alchemy could be a interesting addition to the game.

So did /vg/ run you out after Reddit did?

I actually meant Metera but I misquoted.
Black Knight is cool.

She has an ass cut out

Attached: untitled-1.jpg (1000x1453, 764K)

Probably because her character is pretty boring compared to the others. She's a generic hardass warrior with massive tits and a flat serious personality focused on Orchid restoring the Erste Dynasty. She never ever dere

She's got a butch man dyke voice and is in love with a puppet girl

I wish I had her

Attached: sample-f809467952df9ef864b84fdac29a80af.jpg (739x1000, 164K)

What ever happened to that Gran Blue game that looks like a Dynasty Warriors thing?

*focused on Orchid and restoring the Erste Dynasty

I still like her regardless though

>Silva or Athena not even mentioned in the thread
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhL2mDMJTAEU6FzykGcAUhd7wA9WJZNvYh9gd354CHg/edit#gid=0
I dont see many people talk about them but apparently they are the most popular right now.
I like them but I dont want them in the game.

Still being made, no news at the anniversary stream though.

Don't have Silva and I don't see the appeal around Athena even though I have her

Athena is only popular right now because she's new and core like most new good characters

Silva is legitimately popular and will probably be in I imagine

I got two Athena summons and I admit her 70% barrier always come in handy but thats it.
And my Water Silva has a CA increase so she can delivers nice nukes, but thats also it. Neither characters really striked me as waifu material.
In fact even though I have all three gun sisters they are nothing special to me.

Popularity poll results are heavily influenced by recent developments. Silva is probably legitimately the most popular female character right now whether or not it proves to last, but Athena and Sen are only up there because poll winners get an increased draw rate for a period and they were recently released and got focus. It's safe to assume those two will drop quickly and heavily.

It helps that they're voiced by saber and Max genius

Silva is cool as fuck though, sniper rifle ice cold onee-san. Camieux's cute because of her yankee style of talking

What the fuck are you even talking about? It's almost like you are trying to distract away from the main point.

These are the biggest tits in Granblue right?
She'd better make it

Attached: Npc_zoom_3040011000_02.png (960x800, 249K)

Also Gendo Ikari, sadly we never got a "Get in the robot God, Dancho!" from him during the Society events.

Here's the actual poll that doesn't lack a third of the characters and isn't tied to a gacha rate up.

Attached: 2018poll.png (928x520, 486K)

Punished Captain

>have well over a hundred characters in my account
>never even fully read their Fate Episodes

Any character that actually has a interesting story? Only one I cared to read was Cagliostro.

Almost as if Japanese people have different tastes in characters. Vira is the most consistently popular character and that's why she's the character who shows up in the popularity polls the most, has numerous versions, and her own emote set.

You can say "I don't like her" all you want, and I agree, but that doesn't take away from her popularity.

if the character is old, you can insta skip it
every old fate quest has shit writting