Let's talk about this flawed masterpiece

Let's talk about this flawed masterpiece.
I've just beat it again after a long time and it was refreshing having a game treat you like you have a brain.

Attached: 138566-arx-fatalis-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1116, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/OpenSourcedGames/Arx-Fatalis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So much of it is just a fucking hassle, but as Underworld clones go it's probably my favorite.

I should go back and try to progress the magic, I never really advanced beyond fireballs in my first playthrough which came back to bite me.

But yes, excellent on almost every level. Good game.

What are some other uderworld clones apart from the recent Ascendant dumpsterfire?

Attached: arx 2019-03-09 21-59-18-11.jpg (2560x1440, 1.33M)

Attached: arx cheese.webm (1000x562, 2.81M)

Fun game. Got stuck for a while in some riddle with spinning stones and then die a few times in a tunnel with some beastie. It was pretty good.

Cute little pet the drwaves have there.

Attached: black beast.webm (960x540, 2.77M)

Yes that creature

I really hate how the shop opening times in town work. Makes a lot of content and equipment missable or unachievable.

Also I remember getting pissed at the mining shares still being a loss if your haggling skill is shit.

>I remember getting pissed at the mining shares still being a loss if your haggling skill is shit
Nah, if you buy during the strike and sell after resolving it you will make bank regardless.

Attached: arx 2018-09-02 21-53-46-86.jpg (2560x1440, 982K)

This game would be perfect in VR
I don't suppose the source code is available?

It is
github.com/OpenSourcedGames/Arx-Fatalis

You figured out that Inut (sp?) guy sidequest? I never got around to finishing it, breaking the game in various ways was just too fun.

Yeah I did

Attached: reveal spell.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

>Underworld clone

It was literally Underworld 3 but the devs couldn't secure the license.

That is what I did. At no haggle skill they did nothing. The jump in prices couldn't counteract the 50% sell penalty.

holy shit

Can you do macros or shortcuts of the spells?

You can store 3 spells which you release with a hotkey.
But you still have to manually cast them for that.

Are you the same dweeb that made and posts these webms in every arx thread? The stupid fake scare camera shake is pretty autistic man, stop that shit.

It tried being an UU3 but they didn't have the expertise to pull it off. Even when you encountered areas with NPCs, it often felt as though you were completely alone. Buying & selling things felt really awkward.