ITT: We help scrubs git gud at dmc5

ITT: We help scrubs git gud at dmc5.

Attached: DnkluozVAAAIznq.jpg (955x1200, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sioutreach.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=ulv37f9qIV8&t=4s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678483269
youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-VUJVvVfE
youtube.com/watch?v=OjT6z2Vy-gw
youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo
youtu.be/1jYX_gTwBgU?t=1680
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do I do when the spinning saw enemies decided to spin in place for 30 fucking seconds

watch him spin

You fucking kick their shit and break them

Would you play co-op bloody palace or would you feel bad about someone styling on and carrying you

Attached: Psh nothing personell credo.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Nico has a secret crush on Nero, and she lashes out by acting like an autist because she wants his attention even though he already has Kirito.
Her devil breakers don't need to be made fragile, she just makes them that way so she can stay close to him.

Pull out your bike and race him to the finish

Is there any reason to use rebellion after you get DSD? I thought the moveset from DSD would carry on to rebellion but that doesn't seem to be the case. Same with Sparda.
You can break their spikes.

One of these cunts charged at me and stayed spinning underneath me for 20 seconds shit was infuriating

Tips on nero? Im having trouble dodging shit.

Previous thread for reference

Unless you're an autist about helmbreaker being moved to Back+triangle or something.

That being said you keep the Summoned swords when DTing even with Rebellion/Sparda. It's just built in now.

Ask a man who's to poor to play DMC5 but just finished DmC (vanilla) anything.

Attached: 1545892068507.png (321x376, 148K)

is there a difference between the red Cavalier/Gerbera and the regular Cavalier/Gerbera?

in DMC games your best dodge is your jump, it has iframes all the way up the jump. the side dodge roll is useful for attacks that are coming directly at you like many boss attacks. Also the more you fight in the air the less need for dodging you will have. Get air hike and enemy step ASAP so that you can jump more

its red

Jumping and side-rolling have i-frames. Save air hike to get out. Gerbera and calibur/shuffle are also useful.

how do you live with yourself?

Does Vorgil still have a fedora? Because you can put one cowboy hat in Vergil in 5

Table hopper is hard to do every time because of camera focus so just double jump and forward dive over enemies

Is table hopper any good?

Is Devil May Cry's short lived renaming to Devil Never Cry ever addressed? Because I recall in DMC1, Devil May Cry didn't have any personal meaning to Dante, just that he was so strong that "Even a devil may cry", but then renamed it to Devil Never Cry because tears are a gift only a human has. But then DMC3 establishes that Devil May Cry means that even a demon might cry for a lost loved one.

I just imagine Lady came back from a job and was wondering who the fuck this blonde bimbo is and why the shop's name was changed

If last OP is still here.
>Death Scissors
Attack her scissors right as she attacks to parry, destroying them. You can also destroy them through persistent attacks (works like a guard-break) which is safer. When trying like that she'll eventually counter you, which starts by her parrying; if you're on the ground jump, if you're in the air do nothing and just fall to safety. When her scissors are destroyed she'll summon new ones, which requires her to reveal her red face; any attack that hits her face (gunshots are easiest) while its exposed kills her.
>Chaos (the teleporting red blade guy) who I think is actually Fury
Parry. It's best to use attacks with a persistent hitbox (Ice Age, Cerb's back-forward; Rawhide, Helter Skelter, Tomboy's air-spin; Hedgehog (hold Shadow) and the back+Griffon shockwave move (can't remember the name)) since then your timing doesn't have to be perfect, when he teleports you can just do one of those attacks and he'll fly straight into it, then follow-up with combos. Ice Age, Hedgehog, and the shockwave in particular are good as they're 360 attacks so work whichever direction he comes in, and having both Hedgehog and the shockwave at the same time ensures you'll get him no matter who he's targeting. For Nero it might be easier to just run around jumping while he does the side-attacks and wait for him to come at you from the front (he'll appear mid-air with his arm's crossed as a tell for it).
>Malphas
Stay in the air always. Air taunt after every single action you perform; jump, air taunt, combo b, air taunt, calibur, air taunt, hike, air taunt, combo a, air taunt, enemy step, air taunt. Use calibur to close distances, air taunt to prolong/gain height and rev, enemy step to reset your calibur/hike. Whenever you hit the ground immediately get back into the air, unless the chicken is raging then just run around until it isn't. If the chicken dies go crazy on Malphas herself to stagger her before she can resurrect it, then buster.

Why not pirate it like all the poorfags(including me)?
>DmC (vanilla)
I'm sorry for you, user.

game is easy as fuck, it literally encourages button mashing lol

Balrog them to hell
Use air hike, gerbera or punch line's surf mode

going by my experience in DMC4SE, S ranking all difficulties, I pretty much never used it. Same goes with DMC5 so far but I have only played on devil hunter

If you are standing still and use the breaker, normal gerbera is a burst forward that doesn't move nero, and g01 is a burst upwards that launches nero.

Is it playable from the keyboard? I never play this genre before.

Is nico a fucking weeb

how the FUCK do I kill prologue Urizen without him constantly rebuffing his shield thing and nuking me with invisible magic shit

Table Hopper is basically just Bat Within from Bayonetta: A perfect dodge that looks cool when you pull it off

Attached: Nero vs Credo.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

Gerbera has a different neutral attack. It does a dash up/down that carries enemies with you instead of a frontal attack.

I would play the fuck out of it specially with a friend doing combos with Dante/Nero and Dante/Vergil

Attached: 20190308073239_1.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Overture is the worst devil breaker.

Barely.

It's vanilla so he still has it.

>Why not pirate it
My PC can't run it.

>I'm sorry for you
Really, the color coded enemies aren't so bad once you learn how to use your whole moveset. It's the shitty enemy design in general that's frustrating.

Why the FUCK did they make Nero stronger then Dante? Why didnt they change Trishs face? Wtf was that lady and trish ending? I thought there was more

Ok auto assist fag

Shoot them. If you shoot them while they're spinning it slows them down, giving you an opening to rush-in and melee attack which will knock them out of the spin (and more-often-than-not break their backs at the same time).

There will be Trish and Lady DLC.

>Dmc 3: devil may cry, as dante, who considered himself a devil, cried.
>Dmc1: devil never cry, because dante accepted his devil side more and came to the realization that if you can cry, you have a human side even if you are born 100% devil like trish
Dmc5 trish kinda went solo and dont work for dante anymore. Theh have a finicky relationship. The first name was better, so Dante changed it back

>lady and trish DLC
>instead of being the new job it covers what they did leading up to DMC5 instead

real controversial opinion there

Imagine your mom casually dressing like this haha

Attached: 20190309231501_1.jpg (2560x1440, 386K)

Cav R has no super-armour but can do Full Throttle in the air
GP-01 has a different neutral attack, instead of Neo's Matrix hand it'll do a vertical jocky straight up if grounded or straight down if mid-air.

I can't tell if the difficulty on mission 15 and 16 spikes out the ass or if I'm just having trouble recalibrating my brain to play as Dante after scraping away at Nero's level for a good 2 hours

Yes, but no.

>My PC can't run it.
I feel you, user. I barely got to upgrade my PC in time to play this.

She must been on the pills, or dante and vergil would have like 12 other brothers

>*ring ring*
>Devil Never Cry.
>Oh, I was looking for Devil May Cry, sorry must be the wrong number.

And that's why Dante is poor.

So there's no way to play as any character on any mission?
Does co-op let you do that?

Y'know what man. Fuck it. Gimme a link. I don't care if I'm playing at 10fps I gotta play this shit.

There's always helter skelter and the DLC ones like Mega Buster.
It gets harder. Especially the boss-fights.

This retard is do boring

Attached: E2364E35-952E-427D-920B-FEC13308EDAE.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

>Fuckers keep bragging about getting S ranks at the end of missions and not SSS

Even when i fully completed DMC4 i did not have SSS on all missions,but a combination of S,SS and SSS.
Stop braggin about S ranks you fucks casue we all got a few of those on our first playthrough.
This game is easier than oterh DMC games its just that they made it easier to build style points for almost nothing.
The moment a figth starts you basically start of with an A ran instead of a D like it has noramlly been/
Good luck getting those S ranks on the last 5 boss fights on DMD and HAH mode

Attached: 1396742257109.png (848x480, 293K)

How did her face look like that when she looks like pic related

Attached: 2C5E19EB-E93B-4043-AE3C-241A1DB4CE07.jpg (319x461, 17K)

She treated him that way before she knew about Kyrie though.

Mission 13 is the only mission that can have all 3 characters in the same place. Everything else is more "oh you can see them fighting in the distance isn't that cool"

There's nothing above S in DMC4 and 5 you retard.

Air taunt is great for keeping air time if you dont feel safe landing

>Dead weight is overcompensating

lol

Attached: 601150_20190309225936_1.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

None of the DMC5 bosses even came close to this. it's so much cleaner and easier to see what's going on when there's an actual artstyle too.
DMC5 could have been so much better.

get max exceed ranks

get max act

In many ways, yes, but his gameplay is pretty braindead. He's perhaps the easiest to get SSS.

First Lady mission is going to hell to get back those Kalina Anns that Dante stole.

i dunno man i think he's pretty fun once you get used to his style

>Morrison announcer is for Dante
I love his lines

Attached: 1551944157812.png (655x642, 405K)

is the battle music not supposed to play on mission 7 or am i just bugged

I thought it was just a play on devil may care, but it's cry because you're beating the shit out of demons.

bro...

Attached: file.png (570x431, 376K)

when I jump I never get hit but it looks awful and I just feel like an asshole.

Poorly applied/no makeup. There's a reason it's a multi-billion dollar industry.

>Morrison announcer is for Dante
what? is it an unlockable?

Also noticed the Puppet from 4 on the corner of Nico's workbench

Attached: 601150_20190309075928_1.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

sioutreach.org/

Probably bugged. Restart the game and it should fix it.

no it's from the dlc announcer pack, Nico does Nero and V

unlockable with money

There are no end mission SSS ranks in DMC, retard. Only ss in 3 and S in 4. The fuck are you talking about. Only rebot had SSS rank mission system

He's an alternate Title Call, only available in the Deluxe version.

>Lady loss Kalina Ann, Dante finds it
>Lady commissions a replacement from Nico, who instead decides to give it to Dante despite the fact that he had the original with him
>Lady has to get a third Kallina Ann now

nico kyrie and nero is an excellent threesome

gotta jump in style, mix it in with the flow of combat. From a jump you can do a split, or a taunt and rev your sword, the timing for max-acting the air taunt is pretty easy to learn. or you can jump to dodge then grapple an enemy up to you and start comboing there. the possibilities are endless

>Spardatools
Better than Harbor Freight, I bet.

I’m a scrub and i need help - is it possible to buy alternative style rank announcers without buying an entire digital deluxe bundle on steam? The price is only shown for orbs

>DLC 1 five levels of Trish and Lady cleaning up Red Grave, each gets two missions, and there's one co-op mission, also both can be used in BP

>DLC 2 is five levels of Dante and Vergil uprooting Qliphoth in the underworld, Vergil gets three missions, Dante gets one, and there's one co-op mission, also Vergil can be used in BP

Attached: image0.jpg (622x467, 35K)

>DMC6 Dante with not one, not two, but THREE kalina ann's strapped in his back
>Gunslinger is the three of them launching a fucking nuke

so, how did nico manage to get the van into the bottom of a demon tree?

It is but they expanded on what it means

DMC1: Dante is so powerful that even a Devil might cry from his strength
End of DMC1: Changed to Devil Never Cry to reflect on Trish to show that she's more than just a demon, because only humans can cry (which trish did), someone with no humanity can't.
DMC3: Establishes the name's origin, in that Dante cried for Vergil, because "Even a devil may cry for a lost loved one"

I don't have a link since I downloaded the one posted in a thread on release but I'm sure you can find one pretty easily.
And the game runs pretty well on my somewhat low-end PC on High. It might run well for you too.

Is it just Nico and Morrision? Bit disappointing if so, I was hoping at the very least V would get Griffon and maybe they'd throw in Trish, Lady, or Vergil.

anyone else on PC not able to actually access the secret missions? when I get near the portal it never prompts for a button and pressing the usual confirm button does nothing

What's wrong with Cavalier in your opinion?

YOUR FUCKING KIDDING!
I remember in DMC3 you could get SSS for missions,but in 4 it was only S,but building style was no easier in 4 than it was in 3.

Damn thats a shame casue you can get hit a lot in this game and still get an S rank.

Why stop there? Put them all on Calivere. Have rockets fire in every direction every time you make a swing.

I imagine that everything in Fortuna had the word sparda in it

>I need some milk, could you pick some up at Spardamart
>sure, but we need to get some new pillow cases from Bed Bath and Sparda
>And some new sparkplugs from Spardazone

Occasionally other voices will mock you if you get hit. I was grinding for orbs as Dante not paying attention and when I got hit Griffon laughed and just said "Choke".

I assume you're aligning the sign while standing in the glowing spot, right? If so, I don't know. It works for me.

Tbh senpai it feels like the No Continue multiplayer that always puts you at S Rank. The one time i restarted a checkpoint 2 times and still got an A rank. the ranking system in this game is busted unfortunately

Where do you find the second nighogg hatchling to get through this part in chapter 5?

DMC3 was annoying because its ranking also figured in how much damage you took and orbs collected, meaning you had to be an autist and break shit and never get hit.

Later games only take into account stylish points, items used and clear time (I think)

>Sparda has become the catch-all mascot for everything around there
>Sparda has become their Mickey Mouse

i couldnt get it to work on the first tutorial secret mission so i assumed just looking at it was enough and i had to access the mission from the menu. thankfully the next secret mission i found had a button prompt that deconfirmed that

Why stop there? put Faust in cavaliere strapped with the kalina anns and have the kalina's spam meteorites for every swing

Only 3 has SS for missions in which you get S in all requirements. And getting SSS is easy as shit in 3, taunting alone pushes you into a new rank usually.

I'M GOING TO SPARDALAND

Morrison calls lady and Trish "Crazy ass Bitches"

lol Morrison is an OG pimp who will put bitche in there place

Attached: ...............................AHAHAHHAHAH.jpg (960x640, 477K)

summon nightmare where the giant death graffiti mural is, then jump through and follow the path

I started the franchise with dmc 4 and got all achievements in the base game and the special edition.
however as those were my first dmcs i was so overwhelmed by dante i only used stinger and mixed in some rising dragons 99% of the time. now in 5 i dropped swordmaster too because the new sword got better combos.my problem is that i am avoiding the other weapons. can someone tell me what moves make the other weapons worth it?

I dunno man I think they hooked her nose a bit she looks much better than that, she does look a lot more like dmc 1 Trish though

Too big just feels like another demon, terrible design. not a rival character... has no character or personality in fact.
Moves aren't that great. a little too telegraphed and the pacing and flow of the fight is nowhere near as good as Credo.

>you have to look at the sign
fuck I'm a retard speed reader
thanks user

Once you get into his special moves and keep them in mind he gets really cool combos

>Launch with shadow
>Shoot+swoop with Griffin
>Needle/porcupine as he lands
>V beam (whatever its called) combined with mash attack
>Stop playing violin to stab
>Profit

Having trouble with mini/ regular bosses tho, anyone got anything?

>SPARDALAND
Oh fuck, now I'm imagining little kids running around wearing Sparda t-shirts and playing with toy Force Edge replicas waiting in line to ride the Spardacoaster.

Why is Dante always broke?

Attached: 9712438725933268992_20190310001348_1.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

put a monster can next to it

Cavelier is kind of boring without swordmaster because he only uses its bike form in that. Same applies to King Cerberus who only uses Nunchuks (and like 2 lightning moves) without Swordmaster.

I actually kind of wish King Cerberus did the same thing as Balrog and changed between Ice/Fire/Lightning modes with Back+Triangle.

>Jump has iframes

No fucking wonder it feels like jumping does more evasive work than rolling.

>i took cavaliere off of the weapon select for dante
>it only feels fun to me when you use the swordmaster inputs.
anyone have better luck with it than me?

Spends whatever money he makes on his pizza he eats for a week.

Attached: 1552192523007.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

>YO THIS DEMON EATIN BEANS

Is there a reason people aren't recommending side rolls? Side rolling is the best because not only does it force you to learn enemy timings, but it allows for quicker and deadlier punishes on enemies. Side rolling is your friend in DMC games

Attached: 1551553897801.png (574x574, 469K)

that actually made me laugh, it was so out of the blue and fucking stupid

this killed me

Spends all of his money on pizza.

Morrison's letters establish that he used to be broke because he had to spend all of his money on replacement guns until Nell made Ebony and Ivory for him. Speaking of, was it elaborated who killed her?

save your DT for buffing shadow and griffin a bit when you're in a safe place, or use nightmare to get them back up
if you're against cavaliere, nightmare should only be used to rez them, he's too slow otherwise

I like to think he was fucking with her but my heart knows Nero is a goddamn moron.

Guys v is ass

so i take from that, that balrog is the next weapon i should look at

isn't the backstory of ebony & ivory a complete clusterfuck since the manga shows him getting them around his DMC1 period but he has them in DMC3 anyway?

I keep it in my roster and whenever I feel like decimating something I go into swordmaster. I feel the brief switch is worth it alone since it racks up style points.

No, he's actually stupid fucking overpowered

His buisness requires a password
He spends too much money on ice cream, pizza and jackets
He started the buisness without a name then renamed it, then changed it back.
He's a weirdo and very unprofessional
Lady is successful so its not because demon hunting isn't profitable.

I did too. It feels a little bit too slow for my liking and all the other weapons are already so fun it's annoying to shuffle through 4 weapons.

I love this birb

Attached: Griffon.jpg (868x1200, 197K)

am I just retarded or does he sound like the fucking parrot from aladdin

>I need more strength
Kek

How the hell do you unlock his alt btw?

on it

Attached: file.png (1920x1050, 1.97M)

Either Vergil as Gliver or one of the demons Mundus sent after Dante.

Canonically shit with money, and usually loses when he gambles, especially against Lady.

Huh. Did E&I always have muzzle weights on the barrels or have I just never noticed them before? Or maybe I'm going crazy.

maybe lady owns the market

Umbran Witches do dress like sluts, this is known

Which is ass to play as

Is the reason he's so strong because he has retard strength?

>Griffin and the gang loved V/Vergil so much they were willing to die so he could finally be free of his nightmares as Nelo Angelo
They’re all too good for this sinful world.

Did we ever find out what happened to crewcut in the end?

He does sound like Gilbert yeah

I think you have to do well with Nero in the credits. Don't get shittalked by Nico.

nico was aiming for the beans the whole time, that 'sure' at the end speaks volumes

Waiting for this before I go to sleep.

>has no character or personality
This is one of my bigger problems with 5, there are only really 4 boss demons with any kind of personality outside of Urivergil and even then one of them's Nidhogg who's just retarded.

Somebody needs to draw V parasailing on Shadow's back while being towed by Griffon

>He's free of his nightmares
>Godspeed Dante, you'll need it
>Rest in peace, little chicken
It hurts, it hurts a lot.

side rolling isn't stylish, user

Outside of extremely situational moments for extra(but unneeded) style, why would I ever use gunslinger? Red pill me on it.

He went home with his friends.

Attached: 601150_20190310002143_1.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

While you may be correct, it's more stylish than jumping

Wouldn't be too surpising considering there's a fuckhuge statue of him in Dante's city.

All of Nicos shit is great
>Her sighing in relief when Nero leaves after she almost died driving
>Her posing with Dante after his dance was finished.
She’s a delight.

Here's your vergil moves

Attached: OjT3hZ6.png (1292x572, 111K)

If you stay back with Nico during the fight she picks him up and shoves him away passed the van telling him to get moving.

Haven't gotten to DmD difficulty yet, but you can do devastating damage with gunslinger and charge shots in previous games, even more so with good DT timing.

Is there a difference between wire snatch and buster snatch with nero?

>Rip little chicken
>not feather face

They had one fucking job

Kalina Ann does fuckload of damage, charged shots with E&I as base shots, faust is funny

The latter gets powered up in DT.

Instrumental version of Devil Trigger when? I mean the regular not the Silver Bullet version.

Little chicken was his nickname the whole game so it made sense. Feather face would have been nice though.

maybe calling someone a feather face is like calling someone a nigger in the bird world, so Dante said little chicken instead.

Redpill me on the proper timing/how to do max act
I feel like it's random or something or sometimes I get max act sometimes I get 1 pip of exceed from it.

Snatch upgrades to Double Snatch like in DMC4. So there's no reason not to use it other than the fact that it doesn't overwrite snatch so you have to do R1+R2 to do it on default controls

I'm a bit mad about the censorship but the game is so fucking good I can't be too angry.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190309124023 Lady Cutscene.jpg (3840x2160, 636K)

Plus little chicken is a cute nickname for a cute demonic birb.

>nobody ever tells Griffon to flock off

The scenes are fucking gold, making my human playthrough bearable

Attached: 20190310092349_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Yeah I said “fucking iago” when he kept getting killed

Attached: 9712438725933268992_20190310001348_1 edit.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

Vergil seems to be treated as a playable character in these strings.
Also some kind of JoinRoom lobby

Attached: SMPU0ZG.png (1697x752, 154K)

>the walking arse

They got a naked chick in the back of a rape van

Not a good look

Turn off lense flare

Attached: LADY ASS.png (1600x900, 3M)

switch kyrie and nico for dante and vergil then you got yourself a party

I'm on ps4 I can't.

>Nico, really?
Why is Nero so great in this game?

Attached: putonahappyface.png (191x258, 84K)

I've got no idea what I'm reading.

I wonder if they'll do something new for a playable Vergil or if he'll still have Beowulf and Force Edge because reasons

God bless.

Hey Veeeergil, I'm going to say the J-word

Attached: 1541457976637.jpg (553x441, 23K)

>terrible average body with no curves.
turn it back on.

Nero needed a bowl of eggs handy

I wanted to change it to "wanking to arse" but my gimp skills are poor.

anyone getting that weird shining effect on characters skin in cutscenes? It happens in the van mostly

be glad i like this stupid meme

Attached: uncle nero sips.png (1280x718, 765K)

Don't you dare say it

GILVER in the strings
So he is canon, developmentally.

Attached: vLCoeuS.png (1697x752, 151K)

Is it possible to see all 3 characters at once in mission 13?

I've replayed it a few times and I only ever see a lone Dante or Nero, never them and V

DON'T YOU SAY IT DANTE!

Attached: 601150_20190309022831_1.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

>vergil boss* moves

He has to be a straight man to a bunch of idiots when he himself is an idiot.

How does coop work exactly? And whats the best way to try it with a friend? I played a few times with him by just standing at the start of mission 7 and both restarting on checkpoint till we get matched

JAMONE

>JoinRoom lobby
Now this, I like.
mostly because there is only one place where this would fit, and its BP

Attached: 20190308133207_1.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Attached: ywopk4xh7wk21.jpg (960x490, 54K)

>was marathoning the game to get to the ending
>became fatigued and sluggish to the point that I fucked up both post-credit fights as Nero and Dante
>didn't get the bonus cutscenes
>somehow managed to strain my hands to the point that my digit muscles under the wrists still hurt when I clench fists
I fucking hate myself for being so shit.
Also, are golden orbs useful for anything other than revival or they will just keep stockpiling in your inventory if you never revive and just restart?

Attached: 1547648016461.jpg (720x960, 64K)

I saw Faust's hat along side V as Nero once, but not Dante himself.

"Gilver" might just be V, no?

>Mundus DLC
>Revived Ifrit for gauntlets
>Phantom becomes a sword

Nobody wants to play as V when given the option.

always had 'em

you have my attention if you can re-enable debug mode
this is really all i care about and im the lucky bastard that got the QA build

good farm spots for red orbs?

Attached: kek.jpg (960x490, 71K)

>So you just took the city we were born in as your last name for your alias?
>At least I didn't just rearrange the letters in my name. Look at me, I'm Taden!

Fuck yes. Now I just need it as a costume.

But I'll see V in the starring thing so someones playing him but I cant see them

>Is Devil May Cry's short lived renaming to Devil Never Cry ever addressed?
It is an alternate branch of continuity. Devil Never Cry Dante is the "Kamiya universe" Dante, appearing in Viewtiful Joe and existing just out of frame in concept art of Bayonetta.

It has the best moveset it ever has, with faust and kalina anns moves actually being things that are pretty good.

>Gilver
Welp boys, looks like Mundus is up to his old shit again. Probably Gilver will play exactly like V

>get hit a lot
Stopped being relevant in 4 and onwards. Now it goes as bonus multiplier, unlike 3.

You go into a mission and you might see another player killing demons in the distance or something.

Mission 13 is the only exception.

Just ran into those guys for the first time earlier and I legit feel like they were made specifically to fuck with royalguardfags
no shit? I'll try that next time I run into them then thanks for the info

I want him to have 's summons as devil arms. Maybe Nightmare as Beowulf replacement, Shadow as Force Edge, and Griffon + Cane as a new weapon entirely

the void, equip faust

I'm thinking GILVER is the dev codename for V.
V does have the green EX Costume after all

How to S rank mission 8? I think I'm missing a fight somewhere because I get A every time. Help

Attached: Dubm_GwU0AA48yu.jpg (659x588, 105K)

why would you have a cinsole? jesus christ dude

Reminder that this loser managed to have his own legacy while Dante is still a virgin.

Attached: 1534576467425.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

for real? holy fuck I didn't know you could do that.

Is that the ex color for v?

We're gonna get some neat scenes of V finishing vergil in BP

Attached: 9FCBJRE.png (1697x752, 138K)

How did she manage the drive it out of the subway walls
Or out of the ground for that matter.

God I hope we get Dante and Virgil shenanigans later on.

it just works

Well, the novel states he's canon, but he's not Vergil anymore. He was created by Mundus using battle data from Vergil.

Dante and Vergil run into Gilver in hell and he's a boss in their upcoming DLC.

I've been over this a million times, I'm not even going to bother explaining myself anymore.

Alright I'll try that out, thanks.

Anyone figured how's the raknking system works in 5? In mission 11 most of the time had S ranks and higher, with ~5k pts after each fight. In mission 12 I do the same thing and it gives ~3,5 pts after each fight.

You dare question her driving skills? If her father can somehow collect demon souls she can drive anywhere at anytime.

Why doesn't Virgil have the same face model as Dante if they're supposed to be twins?

I didn't expect to like her this much but best girl

the power sources of the sparda bloodline
dante = virginity
virgil = autism
nero = retardation

Any tips on both Urizen fights? The one with him covered with roots and the other post-fruit fight. His tentacles do some slow tracking shit and i can't figure out its timing. Same for the other fight where he charges up and unleashes spikes or something? then teleports to you to attack

Attached: 1552099356914.webm (642x614, 2.87M)

I really hope they do both of these things. Although, the vergil and dante dlc wouldnt work. You see theyve already destroyed the qliphoth tree in the secret ending. But then again, that scene takes place "a few weeks later..." so your idea for their dlc could still work I suppose.

>the eyes are glowing
this fucking game, man

Also I just fucking realized that Faust has Aquila moves but better

>fightning Vergil as V
Jesus

I think they do, but the facial capture ends up with different resting faces. Plus vergil doesn't have facial hair.

so can you unlock other costumes besides the ex ones? like dmc1-4 dante ect?

Hold R2 and mash dodge

They don't you mong.

secret ending?

CAPCOM WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE DIVINITY STATUE REEEEE
why is it so small, where's the soothing music, it was a tradition since dmc 1, and 1 even had the best theme

I like how in this scene Vergil isn't using his "cool guy" voice anymore around Dante. He's just being his weeb self.

I think aside from EX V (25 missions) and EX Vergil (Heaven and Hell), there's super costumes for all 3 characters that give the classic infinite DT.

Score tanks though so you can't get S ranks with them

What? Vergil is clearly just Daniel Southworth.

Dudes I literally touched the ground three times against that giant roach boss

yeah just whack him

Attached: DoA Titty.webm (462x244, 2.93M)

Alright so what is it's combo potential? Am I supposed to use it more as just a keep away style for a pop shot or two or is there actual practical applications for it in combos now?

I've always liked the idea behind the style, but it was just so ass in the past games.

lmao fag

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.10 - 01.11.57.05.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

If you have enemy step you can stay above Urizen post fruit the whole time and it seems like there's not much he can do

Do I really have to be doing DT punch + Exceed with very sword string as Nero? I can slide my thumb from sword to devil trigger to get the punch, but half the time it causes a grab to come out.

Also, thoughts on Dante's weapons? I found King Cerberus and Double KA to be his top tier weapons, I can't find anything else to match their damage output + safety.

Vergil's model is this maxim dude

>Sin DT is called Majin in the coding
Nice.

So it's canon that Majin and Dreadnought are Dante's SDT omen. It makes sense.

Alternating between Ebony and Ivory can usually moves you up a letter and I imagine Fireworks and Gunstinger will get you a quarter or half of the way their.

Don’t think they’re identical otherwise their demon forms would be the same too no?

Double Kalina Ann's homing Gunslinger attack does ~1,000 damage and shreds bosses. It can be used at the start of every fight for free.

LETS GET AIRBORNE
RIDING HIGH
LETS GET AIRBORNE
RIDING HIGH
LETS GET AIRBORNE
RIDING HIGH
LETS GET AIRBORNE
RIDING HIGH

Attached: 39B8E4B8-A0F7-4769-9C21-62BD32227022.png (1980x4780, 2.23M)

rebellion is the best

50+ stages in bloody palace

Attached: TEf52EP.png (1697x752, 122K)

Yes, I once saw both Dante and V while replaying as Nero, but only at the very end as I was destroying the last enemy spawner

Wait, does GS charge the guns individually or does the charge go away when only using one?

how do I properly use the dodge and weave of balrog when you hold triangle/Y? the description mentions that it can dodge attacks, and I think once I did it but I can't get it consistently, does it just have a really tight I-frame at the start of the dodge?

I switch styles when you're prepping kalina ann to fire, then use trickster to trick towards enemy and you can land hits with SM before the rockets join in your combo

God I hope we get playable vergil dlc besides bp.

>those gunstinger cancels you get at the last level of GS
makes this whole dumb ass style worth it

Attached: IT...png (1969x1969, 2.59M)

In DMC3 they had literally the same face.

as a reminder the RE2 Remake extraction tools also work on DMC5
i found this out yesterday. nothing is named properly when doing so but it does work
the main exe is nothing too crazy

Can you check if its timed?

At like mission seven so far in DH mode, getting mostly A's and B's in missions and losing like 2 times max per mission, am I shit at the game or is this normal for someone playing DMC for the first time?

Attached: lucoa think.jpg (639x640, 50K)

Individually. You can use Ebony but Ivory will still stay charged or vice versa.

I'm a sucker for impractically big heavy looking anime handguns.

>Angelo like boss.
>Sword master.
>Holy shit why am I reflecting all these attacks.
>Nero
>Reflecting shit back at other bosses as well.

Its not really a secret ending. More like an epilogue. Where you see dante and vergil fighting in hell before being interrupted by demons and dante says jackpot.

2 thousand years of rent free

Attached: 20190310094554_1.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

>shipping vergil with anyone but dante

>I'm glad to see you doing so well.
What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ulv37f9qIV8&t=4s
It is timed.
But I think there are options to remove time, I heard it mentioned before.

This please. Nothing kills DMC4 BP then the fucking timer bullshit. Just let me style in peace.

how the fuck do you beat cerberus this dude is the biggest damage sponge in the game

So I have a question about this game. Setup- I considered myself decent at DMC4. I was pretty good as Nero and alright as Dante. A lot of this was because I felt my side rolls had good timing and were particularly useful in DMC4. Are siderolls still the same general idea of a quick evade followed by pressure/punish? I have't really had the chance to figure it out yet cause I'm still learning enemy timings and get hit a lot as a result.

hold triangle after an attack
press left or right on the analogue stick
that's it

Tips for optimal Devil Breakage usage as Nero? I find with 8 slots you won't run out even if you use Break Age every fight, sometimes even twice.

So I've just been spamming Punch Line / Gebera's breakages, is there a better way to get more style / damage?

When is the best time to exceed in combos? I'm trying to find easy ways of committing it to muscle memory but it feels like I'm doing two things at once.

You're shit, but it's normal for a first timer

vergil totally banged lady or trish

>PlayerVergil
Not that it was ever in doubt, but nice.

Attached: 1540767285578.png (192x154, 20K)

Fug, i hope you're about about the time removal.

Gunslinger + Double Kalina Ann + press Circle. Fuck tons of damage and stuns him often.

Also are elemental weaknesses in the game? I noticed when fighting Cerberus using Cerberus, it seemed like I did bonus or reduced damage depending on my element vs. his element.

>When is the best time to exceed in combos?
Constantly. Never stop your index finger from tapping it in the middle of every single swing.

>i got myself a paper clip

i was able to royal guard those fine, and i'm an A-rank results at best player

I saved a V once as Nero. Dante was fucking around doing donuts with Cavalier and he was surrounded by enemies. Apparently he didn't know how to dodge. I charged up my rawhide and jumped it to crowd control. I got no thanks out of it.

>That's rrriiiiiiight ;)

I'm not doing good if I'm not constantly getting SSS ranks basically?

Mission 7 you can also meet up as soon as the train platform closest to the exit

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Do you also do the DT punch with every swing as well? I found it's only like 30 bonus damage and you run the risk of accidentally throwing out a grab, so I just focus on Exceed.

Attached: smooth.png (721x408, 375K)

V's belly button is for ______

Attached: Untitled.png (564x716, 453K)

no, if you die you're doing poorly

So I'm using a ps like cheap controller because I don't have anything better for now and the right stick is reading wrong inputs. The axis are wrong and I have no idea why. Any ideas how to fix this? (pirated version)

Attached: shit_boi_i_die.png (191x258, 107K)

I'm close to the end of the game and I still don't know the trick to easily beating the flying scissor ghosts

So how well do you think Nero and Virgil will get along from here on? Think the ice is all broken or will there still be some awkward silences in the van for a while?

I think it was just a nod to the fact that they were in the same game. Acknowledging that he does remember her and the shit her dad put her through.

When do I get new costumes

>my son's music taste is terrible

Attached: file.png (1284x481, 947K)

That's nice.

Random thought, it's terrible that they chose to expand on Gilgamesh with lore and a boss fight over both Lucifer and Pandora.

pc master race right guys?

punching

Not really, no.

kill yourself freak

I don't think they'll ever have a proper father and son relationship but at least they won't be filled with hostility.

I feel like I got really bad at Nero as soon as I got to Sos I think I might have to practice in the void with him

I didn't lose once as V so far but Nero like eh sometimes

You don't need to get SSS to be good but you shouldn't be dying twice every mission. My friend who's shit at games started on DH and only died twice in the entire game barring the Vergil fight. DH is not hard.

Color up and Exceed unga bunga with Nero or Coyote-A with Dante. Also when you break the sciccors and buster them it seems to always be an insta kill

You're not doing good if you're not S or A ranking, basically. I rarely pull off SSS, but consistent S + no deaths is enough to S rank a mission

I'm shit with literally all 3 characters. What do?
When are they releasing BP anyway?

Vergil has really mellowed out after the V experience. He didn't even want to kill Dante, he said if he beat Nero he'd just count that as beating Dante by proxy.

bring your face closer to them

whenever your style meter is starting to build up momentum throw in some air taunts while using either gerbera or punchline and it'll bump up you rank almost immediately

Playful rivalry from Vergil's part to help Nero get stronger.

>Rising Star

Attached: 1539574701852.png (1125x1107, 2.22M)

Anyone know?

Attached: b09.jpg (480x360, 45K)

only thing that really troubled me was the Goliath fight, once I'm out of arms how do I keep damaging effectively?

Nero was reading his book with his gay poems in them so he's at least interested in learning about him.

use creamapi, but here is the thing, you will need to download the dlc separately and putting it in the game's folder
the dlc is about 6gb in total, but as for your question
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678483269

Go into the void. Check your moves. Try them out.

what are you specifically shit at with each of them, user?
if it's the inputs, i'd practice that.
if it's style ranking, try memorizing each combo and its timing

Any idea how to rip music tracks? I've got the .pak unpacked already.

I find siderolls complete shit in this game. If I'm going to get hit I either jump, breakaway, or DT.

the alternate woman sounds even worse

its raw audio somewhere in there

>is he still playing with that fucking arm

Attached: she's running out of time.png (1535x754, 872K)

this has to be a thing. why else would they implement a co-op mechanic which rarely lets you aid players? i think there's going to be a big reveal on BP, and why it was released as free DLC. they may be checking it to see if it works properly, and kinking out the bugs. this is wishful thinking, but playing the game I realized online interactions were VERY limited, but the mechanic of connecting with another player is being utilized so MAYBE!

Why does nero look so puzzled?

You should be able to get to S easily. SS is harder, but usually doable in bigger encounters. SSS is pretty tough to get at all without a particularly large encounter or a devil breaker being used up. The exception is V. You should be getting SSS just about every time you summon Nightmare.

Use exceed. It adds more damage to your attacks than you might think.

Vergil's belly is lewd.

think the more party members you have with you the harder the enemies will be. meaning if one of your fuccboi friends dies you're doing BP in a way where it was harder than you doing it alone. I WOULD PLAY THE ABSOLUTE SHIT OUT OF THIS. UUUSUAYYAIHKJUOH

Attached: 1551944233154.gif (407x584, 241K)

>this Dante cocktease after fighting Urizen
They really got me. I was so sure I was going to play as him.

So was V "evil" or not? He claims that Vergil was wrong and evil in his pursuit of power, but then when he meets Urizen he says he wants power and Dante gets pissed trying to stop him from fusing.

But then when Vergil returns, he says "thank you Nero" pretty sincerely and gives up pretty easily. So I guess V (his humanity) was influencing him for good?

and how do you close gaps, the grappling hook?

I didn't that get retconned in that new DMCV novel?

YOU GOT SOME PRETTY BIG COJONES

Attached: 8nUD8bP.png (694x658, 598K)

>N: did dante put on his country record again?
>V: nero please
>N: DANTE TURN THAT SHIT OFF
>D: no way kid this is some good jams
>N: FUCK YOU
>D: fine ill put on what you like instead
>BANG BANG BANG
>N: [pulls his devil trigger]
>V: i shouldnt have had a kid

oh, haven't read it so probably.

I admit that I'm a noob when it comes to DMC, only played the (spinoff?) DmC: Devil May Cry so far.
I find the controls kinda, dunno, clunky I guess. To dodge I have to press 2 Buttons + stick, can't switch between arms and sometimes it feels like I'm playing streetfighter because the combos require input based on position (yet the tutorial never tells you anything about this). IMHO it would be better if you could, for example, lock on to the enemy and it stays locked without pressing the button, or if you could dodge like in Dark Souls.

Why would you think V was evil at all? He's trying to stop Urizen from fucking up everything.

Nero liked V and I think that's the only reason he tolerates Vergil. Becuase he knows that there's a part of his dad that's kinda worth a fuck.

WUB WUB

Did you buy table hopper?

ye, also streak obviously

>Dante, Virgil, and Nero sitting in the van in awkward silence
>Dante pretending to read a magazine while glancing at the others
>Virgil looks at Dante, Dante looks at him and nods towards Nero
>Virgil shakes his head
>Dante nods towards Nero again
>Virgil looks at Nero, looks back at Dante
>Dante gives him a stern look and nods towards Nero again
>"Uh, ahem... so Nero, since we have some time to spare, why don't you tell me about yourself?"
>"Well, personally, I've always thought katanas are really lame."
>"You what!?"
>Nero and Dante crack up
>Virgil realizes they were screwing with him and sighs heavily

She lost her shit with Dante, it was like a teenage girl meeting up with her crush.

I screenshot this cuz it's so accurate.

>Playable Lady, Trish and Vergil get added
>Up to 6 players at a time
>Three Kalina Anns, four hand guns, three summons, three arms and two repeating judgement cuts going all at once

Attached: 1551390051791.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

He wanted to stop urizen but knew deep down he had the same baseline desire: More power

Blitz 2.0 is pretty gay and succ'd out all of your style meter. With Dante it is somewhat possible to Royal Guard him, all of his hits are two hitters, so just hold circle for the first hit to be safe, then you can Just guard or release on the guaranteed 2nd hit.

With Nero you have to do pure timed parry. If you don't care about style and just want to survive, you can get away with spamming rawhide, which provide 360 hitbox around Nero. If you want to style on him, just do the ragtime breaker, DT and then lay Showdown or buster him.

With V, summon nightmare right away and just spin to win, nigga cannot handle nightmare's spin to win.

Still pretty annoying to fight regardless, I imagine if you're out of rawhide or ragtime in bloody palace you will struggle against this guy

Attached: fhreeg8q84l21.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

>bosses having no personality
big gripe with me too

can somebody help me git gud at having my audio not desync during cutscenes :(

It's easier after getting all the upgrades that increase the range of those two attacks, the reason I never died as V and got S ranks was cause he sits back and fucking reads books while birb and cat fight for him

fuck that casuals get the bullet

V still wanted power but it had been tempered by failure and tragedy. He knows that his humanity and family are where that come from now.

Reminder Dante looks just like her uncle Rock, who raised her after Agnus left.

FOOLISHNESS NERO.

lock on opens up certain attacks, the archaic system of control couldn't handle a toggle.

>Is Devil May Cry's short lived renaming to Devil Never Cry ever addressed?
Yes, the CD dramas confirmed it wasn't a retcon and Trish thought Dante changed the name to Devil Never Cry because it was meant to show their partnership or some shit but Dante just changed it back to Devil May Cry after 1

>"I can't believe my dad is a fucking weeb"

great tips thanks. Any general purpose breaker tips for Nero? I'm finding with 8 slots I can just spam Punchline breaker and Gerbera breaker and that seems to give the most damage / style.

I just got to the MJ dance. Fuck that was incredible. Capcom are absolute madmen.

What the fuck is up with the default controls in this game?

>Lock on on RB
>Melee attack on Y
>Gun on X

I'm glad you can change it.
I just started playing it, coming from shit like Darksiders and God of war, i can already tell i will get my ass beat until i learn to dmc.

i wanna play with you guys so badly but im not skipping ahead im going in order

1 is kicking my ass i'm shit at these games

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 68K)

>1 is kicking my ass
just give up you goy

You don't retain red orbs earned in the void that way. I tried, built up like 200,000 and exited and it reverted.

URIZEN

WUB WUB WUB

DEMON

WUB

KING

Attached: 20190310165403_1.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

You having trouble with anything in particular? We could provide some tips.

never, i will get good

For the love of god at least skip 2.

What are Nero's best options for shitting out damage? Dante seems like he has higher damaging moves easier in this game, like Double KA or Swordmaster Cerberus.

>When we meet Kyrie, you be on your best damn behavior, "dad". Don't you dare fuck this up.
>I'm gonna need more power for this...

>Faust is Aquila
>the gay cowboy weapon is based on a DmC weapon
Itsuno is a mad man holy shit

Attached: 1537594590703.gif (200x250, 2.65M)

I taunt so goddamn much

Someone explain fucking Twosome TIme to me pls

/vg/ thread has links for everything
Helter skelter is great what are you talking about

start by learning how to do all the important moves youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-VUJVvVfE

also the start of a jump gives you i-frames, don't rely so much on rolling, don't button mash either

youtube.com/watch?v=OjT6z2Vy-gw
>Cerberus music is just straight rave beats

As a guy who started with 3 and 4 years ago and just recently played both 1 and 2 (sadly), they are both fucking garbage i don't know why people defend 1

Attached: 1541816120850.jpg (780x846, 53K)

He wanted to stone for his sins. He fused with Vergil so he could right his wrong. V originally was going to have Dante kill Urizen and right his wrong. Then V would just die leaving Dante to clean up the mess. Trish made him realize that it's not fair to leave it all up to Dante. That why later we see V say "I have a duty to see this through."

Calibur JC melts anything from mooks to bosses, on normal at least. Also, are you using the exceed mechanic?

Helter Skelter is garbo. That and Mega Buster are always instant-break ages.

How do I get over here? I tried finding a secret way around but can't

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

I was cringing. It's fucking bad.

Oh I get it now. That's what she was talking about.

Fucking this. I was so disappointed that Artemis had to be the "no chitchat or monologue" boss.

how do you dodge in midair as Nero? I sometimes do it randomly but have no idea how

Attached: sonic.jpg (500x375, 89K)

It was pretty disappointing.

He's supposed to be a big scary boss, and you can just jump on him a bunch and whack his face over and over. Seriously pathetic.

Attached: Lame.png (440x440, 79K)

>Step 1: Breaker Overture on enemy
>Step 2: Breaker Puncline it
>Step 3: SSS

Not him but I've never once been able to perform a table hopper.

Am I the only one that can't do back-forward moves to save my life? They come out like 25% of the time for me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Air Taunt

I am exceeding as best I can, haven't tried Calibur JC that might help. I just find Nero's regular sword strikes in this game piss weak.

learn 2 exceed, and apply it to ezpz combos;it's much easier doing it in this game than it is in DMC4. For example
>unga bunga combo
>timing isn't hard on this always guaranteed exceeds
>ariel raves are harder
>standard attack is ez
>nero's equiv to stinger is ez
basically learn how to do that in situations where you feel comfortable, and you're golden always start revving when there's mass enemies, and you have space then launch a bastard in the air to get away, and start exceed combo in the air

I like it, it cut trough urizens shield in the second fight like a hot knife through butter
I actually turned off the dlc for mega buster in steam lol

>Dante was fucking around doing donuts with Cavalier and he was surrounded by enemies

based

Summon Nightmare near the wall.

Summon Nightmare

V is for button mashing.

Also the new hold move (Payline I think) is also great for closing gaps

I may have exaggerated, I'm just terrible with Dante. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with him and end up spamming trickster and swordmaster with Kalina Ann and DSD until everything dies, but I don't really combo too much. Just pull enemies into the air, hit them a bit, back to the floor, stinger, repeat. I can't combine different weapons at all. I'm ok with V but it feels like I'm not really doing well. I'm just spamming both summons when it looks like I should be able to combo more effectively with them. Not sure about Nightmare either, I feel too clumsy if I ride it so I just let it do its thing.

>6 Dantes in Bloody Palace
>SWORDTRICKGUNTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDGUN x 6
>All of them prepping Double Kalina beam guns in unison
>TWELVESOME TIME
>6x Sin Devil Judgement End at the same time

nothing really, its just that i can't into this genre for some reason. i absolutely adore this series, i have for years, but i've been so shit i've never been able to get into the gameplay (and i refuse to play the remake). even platinums games like bayo, vanquish and mgr i have such a hard time remembering moves and timings. but i watch one combo webm here and i fall in love. i'll get good someday, i just need to devote more time and practice

watching now, thanks so much. i saw that about jumping earlier in this thread, i feel like i am confirmed retarded. not giving up!

Attached: tt.jpg (478x475, 77K)

We need to assemble all the comboautists from dmc threads for this and make the most chrayze combo compilation with anons singing subhuman in the background

Attached: 1528753985703.jpg (336x506, 26K)

>built like a fridge
yikes you guys told me she was hot

So what's the top tier of Devil Breakers? Gerbera, Punchline, Ragtime, Rawhide?

im salty as fuck
i try all this cool shit, get hit once at the end of a battle, and go from ss or sss to b
meanwhile, some jackass streaming the game is spamming streak as nero and constantly blowing up his devil breakers and getting a and s rank with half of the effort.
im new to the series, but dont know all the functions and shit. like i just learned that you can parry today by accident and have gotten like 2x better already.
here are my questions:
>how the fuck do you use exceed? i just rev it up in down time but sometimes i see im able to get instant revs in combat.
>what are nero's best arms? so far im a big fan of punch line (for stylish shit), ragtime (for extending/chaining together combos), and tomboy (for unga bunga). are sweet surrender and pasta breaker useful in any way?
>royalguard is weird and pointless as fuck...do i even need to use it ever or can i just stick with swapping between the other 3? does it get much better with upgrades?
>how the fuck does this game look so good? it's actually the best looking game i've played this gen.

It's fucking hard to be stylish with V. I'm really interested to see what the combo monkeys come up with because I can only occasionally get lucky and do something cool looking.

Attached: Fight for your life.webm (698x392, 2.73M)

thx mang

>finish Devil Hunter
>challenge prologue boss
>can knock him down to 50% HP pretty easily
>goes into crazy-ass attack spam mode

They weren't kidding that this was a challenge.

>5 minutes into gunsmithing and chill and he gives you this look

What do?

Attached: hey nico you wanna see this devils power.png (622x421, 466K)

He has attacks that can hit you out of the air on DMD

DONT SKIP 2 YOU NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT
WALL RUNNING WAS FUN AT LEAST

Fucking awesome light show my man, I'd give that a gold orb

Thanks, I actually didn't know you could summon him outside of battle

You're supposed to call the big guy, but I was able to break that sequence by spawning Griffon at just the right spot and elevation, shooting through the opening at the Qliphoth until it broke.

I find it actually very playable on KB&M, you just need to change some stuff to side-mouse buttons. as pressing shift/ctrl is retarded.
Default controls is bonkers but you can make decent ones.

>Helter Skelter is garbo
It is pretty unique and has 10:0 matchup against certain enemies. Everything who blocks, scissors, angelo knights, got ruined by drill especially if you do the super. But yeah against everything else it's pretty useless, you're better off just straight up bustering

i know the meme response is to play 2 just to see how bad it really is, but i do want to see it for the sake of the people who actually bought it on release.

You're not the only one. I'm disappointed that they were carried over from 4; they seem a little easier to execute now, but still awful.

It has the best atmosphere, level design of the series and Statue of Time theme. And before 5 came out it had the best enemy design and gauntlet weapon. Griffon, Inferno, Nelo Angelo, Nightmare 1 and 2, and Mundus 2 are also pretty good boss fights. It's biggest flaws are the underwater stuff, Nightmare 3 and the shoot em up sections.

later on you get a total of like 4 gap closers

calibur, the dive, charge Y, streak

you can pretty much stick to anything as nero

I didn't know you could summon Nightmare to get it. You can actually have Griffon shoot through the hole at the thing too. It's a pain in the ass to get him lined up, and an even bigger pain to keep him lined up, but it is possible. I did it.

Attached: 1548382270130.jpg (638x638, 22K)

Yeah, it's an underrated moment. I don't think that many people got what she was saying.

brainlet here, how do I get this one? mission 11

Attached: 20190310101257_1.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

Dante finally not having aerial rave only in swordmaster feels so weird. Even though its a straight upgrade.

It's fitting though. It was originally a gun-turned-demon, it's powered by a human, and the way you get Artemis seems very secretive and hidden, there's no big fanfare about it and there's no cutscene.
So yeah, Artemis not speaking just makes sense. I'd be more upset if she did have some kind of personality.

So "Dante's war" is just against demonkind then? And V goes along with it and that's why Vergil chills out?

Who /hoodiealwayson/ here?

Attached: 460F897D-A9E1-4388-AEF6-1FE114FB772B.png (1920x1080, 3.17M)

Royal Guard is pretty lethal, though it's understandable why most don;t like it/ It's a very passive style that just requires you to tap O/B every time an attack comes your way. But Royal Guard Revenge strikes hurt like fuck. The more your meter's charged, the more it drains.

That, and it's satisfying to get into a groove and block a ton of shit and watch your style rank sky rocket. Guarding Judgment Cut and summon swords is always satisfying sounding.

>Dad stop staring at me like that

Attached: 1550894244869.jpg (720x817, 58K)

Overture's bounce effect is based on Eryx. IGNITE THE FLAME is based on Osiris' gimmick. Cavaliere is loosely based on Arbiter. And of course Vergil has most of the Vergin moveset but that was already in 4SE. Oh, and the lady talking about God on the opening cutscene? That's taken from Bob Barbas "doing God's work".

Itsuno uses everything man.

>About to play M16
>Want to use Reb, Cerb, E&I, Shotgun, and KA for classic DMC3 style
>But also want to put a Faust Hat on KC

Attached: 4chan.png (500x278, 148K)

Would Nico make weapons for Virgil as well?

Environmental shit knocks it off

Attached: 1541164088800.jpg (728x1000, 299K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo
Original was some fucking GODFLESH industrial metal graced from the shred gods;lightning could not be stricken twice. Even the boss fight was godly.
>You will never be in Yea Forums threads discussing the Cerberus boss fight, and scream crying because you didn't have the special edition
holy shit it takes me back

>WALL RUNNING WAS FUN AT LEAST
That's why it's in 3, 4, and 5 too faggot.

How the FUCK do you get to the sunken roof in the water as nero in the early sewer level? It has a gold orb on it.

There's a spot you can jump up from in one of the rooms. I ran by it like a million times, but it's there, just keep your eyes skyward and you'll find it.

holy shit nice

Thoughts on King Cerberus? I was surprised by how much damage the fire attacks do, and the lightning bats. The lightning bats fuck up Vergil since he can't avoid them.

The 3 heads aren't different breeds of dog heads, so he's just automatically shittier than DMC3 Cerb

>Cerb and KA
>Against Cerberus
That ain't no true DMC3 experience. Reb, E&I and Coyote only SM-exclusive or bust.

What would she even make that Vergil would use? A ballastic/spring sheath for Yamato like Jetstream Sam?

mods are sleeping

post your cowboys

Attached: 20190309091855_1.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

I couldn't figure that out either.

IMAGINE

youtu.be/1jYX_gTwBgU?t=1680

I never did it myself but you probably have to go for it before the V player collapse the bridge

Like a lot of the late game bosses, I didn't learn how to fight him properly. He kicked my ass, but I made it through at low health. I'll have to learn him properly for SoS.

How to fight correctly with nightmare?
He's a slow piece of shit that hits like a truck but he can't catch up.

Attached: 1551947231210.webm (1280x720, 2.23M)

Beat the level quicker. If the bridge is already destroyed you're fucked

He didn't have a revolver head like the original so I was disappointed

>someone streaming playing like ass is getting S rank

trust me, the real devil may cry shows haven't even properly begun yet. The combotism crew are are still experimenting with stuff, and unlocking higher difficulties so they can see enemies actually fight back and properly attack. Trying cool shit and practicing will make you enjoy the game more than people who play it as flavor of the week for their 1000 viewers.

>royal guard is weird

royal guard with proper timing allows you to parry anything, anything in the entire game. If someone has learned enemy attack animations and can time them, it can be some of the most broken shit possible. With like 3-4 bars and a royal release you can one hit KO the teleporting cheeta predators. Shit's bonkers. I wouldn't be surprised if a full royal release meter will do 30-40% of some bosses in damage.

Pretty awesome, honestly it is the best 2ndary non Rebellion, Sparda or DSD because it has so much utility. Amazing juggle potential, really easy to JC, and I forgot to mention Blitz 2.0 cannot handle ice age, which also provide 360 hitbox around you so it is an instant parry

I've never even used Promotion. What's the point when he lights everything up anyway and you can just focus on Shadow and Griffon?

Intro led me on with the remix of the original then they cucked us with this rave shit

Use Illegal Move

In 3 Artemis is a stripper who uses Dante's arm as a pole and fires giant fuckoff lasers in the loudest, most show-off way possible, her being a silent stoic type makes no sense, and she's barely even hidden, you just have to do an extra trial, most people did all three before even knowing you only had to do two and found her anyway.

>Just realized V has a different animation for checkmating Goliath depending on whether or not he has Nightmare back
It's a small touch and bit of a well duh moment but thats still pretty cool

Don't ride him. Bring him in for the AoE damage/revive and just let him do his own thing while you do yours

whats the move in 3/4 where you could dash forward with your sword?
is it in 5? it was good for movement more than anything

The audio in all of my cutscenes is always off by around two seconds. Is there a way to fix this?

Attached: 1539816913616.jpg (500x405, 112K)

This game is too based

Nero does a tombstone pile driver with midair buster and then the killer instinct announcer comes out of nowhere yelling

>SSSAVAGE

Attached: 2FF8231E-52D2-4F87-9E2E-36E4F34C6670.png (220x220, 64K)

Can you explain parry mechanics to me? I know in DMC3 there was a parry system against Vergil, but don't know how it works in this game.

>In 3 Artemis is a stripper who uses Dante's arm as a pole
wat

Dance Macabre. And it is. The input changes if you use DSD though. I think it's back to forward now.

>mfw just guard his triple judgement cut

Attached: 1534807045899.gif (245x240, 915K)

>doesn't stay up in cutscenes
Capcom isn't back.

Dance Macabre? It's there, you just need Swordmaster Level 4.

Attached: 1552180264716.jpg (3840x2160, 672K)

can someone tell me what the fuck Quadruple S does, the description doesn't really help

i forget what the move is called, but right bumper forward forward no other buttons shifts it into a ball and lets you move semi-quickly to another place. forward bumper circle is the lasers, good for crowd control
wouldn't bother with controlling it most of the time though

Nevan was the sexy guitar. Artemis was just a gun that was sitting in Temin-ni-gru for some reason, you get it for doing extra credit.

Urizen somehow got a hold of it from Dante and used it and Lady to make the Artemis demon.

Attached: file.png (600x600, 467K)

just beat sos prologue to unlock dmd, now do i get super costumes if i repeat this in dmd?

You're invulnerable on Nightmare's back. Pretty useful to avoid Fury and other annoying projectile enemies. Also certain moves like the giga laser is only available when you're riding nightmare.

I might be trash, but some bosses I can't fucking tell their telegraphs.
Both for Urziel and for that 4 legged table monster with the only weak spot on the back, they both have "suddenly spikes everywhere" moves and fuck knows how I was supposed to see them coming. I feel like I'm DSPing it here.
I still beat them, of course, I just got hit a bunch.

Nico looks like druggy bayonetta

guys im scarred

Attached: what the fuck.png (641x161, 15K)

Let's you turn off SDT

this game is like 4, where if you can land a sword swing on the enemy's attack, if will repel them backwards. Most enemies that I've fought have something like this, where you use your sword or any other active attack to hit their incoming attack and knock it away.

Example: spamming Dante's back-flip with Balrog in swordmaster style will parry incoming stuff a lot.

Attached: devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening-20050104040247967-000[1].jpg (480x360, 38K)

hi Vinny

RB+X+left/right is every character's dodge
learn how to use nero's grapple to extend air combos

Attached: DvY6ow4XQAoU7m7.jpg large.jpg (261x193, 9K)

The big guy has like bubbles on his back that appear before the spikes

Apparently Trish took it there.

Now how he got a hold of Gilgamesh, I don't know.

What do you JC into? Swing or Revolver or something else?

How do I get the 3 million orbs needed ?

Urizen got it from Trish. She used it when she fought him in the novel before getting btfo.

what was nero's arm's name again

Attached: 9712438725933268992_20190308193445_1.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

Gilgamesh's back goes all wavy just before he spikes. It's an obvious tell if you're looking for it.

cheat engine

It doesn't need Turbo, just like DMC3 was fine without it. Plus turbo would tank the framerate for console babies. Only shitty DMC4 needed turbo.

DMC truly has the deepest lore.

Umm... why wont they add it in?

Gilgamesh's back ripples in a way it's hard plates shouldn't before the spikes fly

Gilgamesh is a metal in hell now. Qliphoth just got slapped onto the hell metal and made a boss.

YOU DARE SCROLL PAST THE KING,WITHOUT SAYING HOWDY!?

Attached: D1SXVn7WkAAo9q8[1].jpg (1200x675, 166K)

thank you user

Why are you even trying, you're supposed to lose the fight

It's in the data nico gives you, Gilgamesh is like a type of metal from hell they gave life somehow and turned it into a boss.

What, like a living metal?

Attached: 1536320064990.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

You just attack during certain frame, align your hitbox and your weapon will clash, similar to DMC1 and so on. Most enemies will be open and get staggered after you clash with them.

Attacks that provides 360 protection around your character, like rawhide and ice age are instant parry if enemies try to attack you during this. However not all attacks can be parried. Usually it is only for melee attack on enemies that are comparable to size carrying weapons (swords, scythes, claw, scissors) including Vergil. However Vergil is unique that if you clash, he has the frame advantage, so if you do anything other than defensive moves (RG, evade) you'll get hit

So what missions actually let you fight alongside other people? I keep seeing the other players doing their own thing but only got to play alongside others like twice

(it's an achievement)

That one whip arm is the best

13 is the best mission for that

Attached: kameosystem.jpg (1024x621, 120K)

Only Mission 13. Some people say it's possible in Mission 7 as well, but I've never seen it. The one at the end is always just generic AI.

Attached: 20190308174948_1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

It unlocks the next difficulty immediately if you do it. Plus the secret cutscene and achievement.

Turbo mode made sense for games that got it because they felt a little slow. DMC5 feels like it's got an okay speed in the first place.

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 1528922837172713 (2).gif (444x250, 282K)

It's a secret ending. You're able to beat him there, but he's actually pretty challenging.

Maybe 7 and for sure 13

>fatto catto going bark
Kek

>it actually puts the thats on each dog head

my sides

Attached: 1533223509137.jpg (240x280, 18K)

DMC4 explained that Gilgamesh was made of a metal that can fuse with flesh and make it as hard as steel. DMC5 establishes that Gilgamesh is the name of the metal in the first place.

>play like shit
>drag my way through SoS
>take a break for a day
>come back to DMD
>become a style beast
>using every single move and mechanic on Nero
>not even trying hard, pretty much on auto pilot
>auto isn't turned on
>every time I think I'm gonna take a hit I tablehopper it
>always have a half meter of DT when I need it
wh-what happened to me?

Attached: 1529231249385.jpg (297x545, 38K)

How do you even get higher style rank than S?
I'm quite able to make S (most of the time I make A though), but I have yet to make it past that.

How does the system even work? I thought you just had to mix attacks up and not just use the same attack over and over, but even if I use all of my combos once I don't get past S.

ok just tried JC revolver and boy that works excellently, I can stay airborne forever and not lose much style.

>it combines things
>has mesh in the name
haw

Also, retard question, is there a mission rating higher than S?

You got gud

I think mission ranking can only go to S in DMC5.

Not getting hit, not using stale combos, and taunting a LOT. That's all there is to it, same as always. S ranks are the easiest with V or Dante, depending on the enemies.

With Nero, a combo of EX-MAX attacks and Devil Breakers will help. Bonus if you drag in a shit ton of enemies to help.

With Dante, change your styles when you stagnate and do moves with different swords and guns

With V, literally summon nightmare and mash the attacks. You'll eventually get SS-SSS.

So am I correct in my understanding of style points that, in DMC5, when you finish a fight, you either get style points added or subtracted onto your total depending on how you preformed in that fight?

Attached: 1551421186014.jpg (336x506, 26K)

You need to rack up points faster than the meter degrades, and the higher you go, the faster it degrades. With Nero, level 3 exceed moves and break ages will get you there. With V, Nightmare is the key. Dante's a bit easier to get it organically. Just got for really flashy stuff and cycle your weapons a lot. Balrog's punches and breakdance in particular will give tons of style if you can involve multiple targets.

>Gilgamesh is a type of metal from hell
God just give me Vergil with Gilgamesh already.

Attached: 081.jpg (2292x3144, 706K)

I always come back to something more capable once I've had some sleep. I figure that's one of its purposes: strengthening neural connections in the brain to make familiar activities easier.

Attached: __jinako_carigiri_fate_extra_ccc_and_etc_drawn_by_suzukimandesu__e195f62587b2a9e77a8398e3e483724e.jp (525x700, 222K)

Yeah, but only mandatory rooms (where you're locked by the red wall) matters for the final ranking. Most of the time you're better off avoiding optional enemies to get +1000 point S rank time bonus.

go into .ini and change directx to 11.

Thanks. So taunting actually does something in fight? Neat, I've never used it.
And also, I should invest in the EX-MAX gauge then? I'm still only at level 1 with it.

is there a trick for actually beating the fast lizards in a reasonable amount of time

Absolutely. You aren't going to be tryin to do MAX-Act, just work on trying to get EX-Act consistently. Then when MAX-Act happens, you can do a level 3 exceed move.