You should have your key

You should have your key.

What do we think about Satisfactory?

Attached: satisfactory.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/dVFG6MjhFopaMokMPb1U1A/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't this just another Minecraft clone?

How about you stop being a shill first?

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/dVFG6MjhFopaMokMPb1U1A/

Isn't this just another infinifactory clone?

played all day yesterday. 12 hours on my world and ill pinpoint good and bad with the game.

1 : + Literally Factorio 3d
2: + no base raids and hostile aliens apart from boars and spiders
3: + its actually really fucking fun
4: + the feeling when u unlock belts is satisfying
5: + Progression = put resources in a rocket and blast 2 space
6: + highest teir buildings currently = tractors/truck
7: + Best auotomation
8: + you can set a path for your trucks to follow on auoto pilot
9: + the world is fucking huge
10: + about 4 or 5 different biomes
11: - feels better as singleplayer
12: - first 10 hours are a blast but then nothing
13: + / - not many bugs
14: - some items not loading into boxes correctly.
15: ++++++ Comfy as fuck!
16: +/- Power struggle till end game when u find coal
17: + They will add trains and bigger base objects

Verdict currently its worth the money
7/10

Post more comfy

Attached: Factorio.png (1596x889, 2.73M)

Attached: Factorio 2.png (1592x899, 2.98M)

Jesus Christ
>Early Access shilling
>>>>>>Epic store exclusive shilling

Attached: Factorio 3.png (1591x899, 3.03M)

about to try the game. intro is similar to subnautica. i got 200 hours in factorio, didn't like infinifactory at all, besiege is 6/10, will report back in tomorrow's thread probably

I've heard a few people say this game is missing a lot of the substance and long term progression Factorio does, probably because that has been getting updated and polished to death for many years and this is still early-ish in development, though playable.

I'll probably just wait and pick it up when it's at it's best. Looks like it might be Factorio 2 when I'm tired of Factorio.

Attached: Factorio 4.png (1591x899, 1.53M)

I've seen this exact same thread like three times in the last day and a half. Same post, same image. Go fuck yourself Chink shill.

Modded Factorio is amazing. I doubt this game will have it considering UE4 and Epic and all that.

Though yes, I'll still pick this up when it's actually complete. Until then, if I want 3D Factorio then I'll just play some modded MC in the mean time.

real pros and cons from a non-shill:
+factorio 3d
-no hostile entities
------------------------------------------on epic store only

This is the point the game gets good when u unlock auotomated cars and coal ( infinit energy ) but after that there is nothing. so about the 12 hour mark

Attached: factorio 5.png (1599x899, 1.66M)

Seems like a cool concept and right down my alley, with things like Modded MC or Factorio, but if I start playing it now I'll probably hit that wall, play a bit, quit, then keep going back to it every new update until I'm burned out and stop doing it regardless of how good it gets.

So yeah, this looks like it's gonna be a great game for this specific "automation" subgenre, when it's complete. I'll wait.

Early access games live and die off of the critical mass of popularity they accrue during EA. What compelled them to make it inaccessible to a majority of their potential playerbase when this is the most crucial moment where they need to get as many people as possible on board.

They're just asking for a DOA launch.

Game is doing fine

Attached: twitch satisnite 2.jpg (1546x972, 156K)

twitch views mean fucking nothing you numbskull.

It only has 2k viewers right now mate.

they sent me a epic key instead of a steam one. wtf were they thinking? lmao you'd have to be an idiot to use epic.

If a game is good, then whichever launcher it uses isn't going to stop people from wanting to play it.

lol

LOL user it's epic store exclusive!

Attached: 51545435345324.png (768x768, 210K)

Yeah, I'll just pirate it.

depends on if a crack comes out.
i personally will not actually buy any game off a "launcher". if a crack comes out and doesnt require spyware aka epic store, then ill play it. or at least try it.

Worse than Factorio in every way.

except that factorio is limited to 2d vomit vision instead of glorious chad 3d.

Tried it. Barely any content. World isn't even procedurally generated.
Why bother with this when modded minecraft fulfills that autism tenfold.

What is the
>Darwin Project
>The Culling
>SOS
>Laser League

You're only proving him correct. 3D has exactly one advantage = allowing proper 4-way train intersections. That's it. Everything else it brings are problems, like a huge loss of performance and a required dumbing down of the game for instance.

>game
>viewers
why in the christ do you mouth breathers think twitch viewers is a indication of the game's performance?

factorio runs great on my 7 year old laptop
this game doesn't even run

I think they barely took advantage of the fact that you have a z-axis to play around with now in factory/conveyor belt design desu.

looks ok, will pirate till it comes to steam

Assemblers are too big. I would be happy if they had the same footprint as the foundation tiles but they're slightly bigger and it hurts my autism immensely.

It's very difficult to make compact conveyor designs in it. I want a vertical conveyor or something similar.

>factorio ripoff but shittier in every way
>Still selling well because wow muh shitty unity asset store flips look better than 2d!
Fuck you assholes

Attached: _sandalphon_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_botamochi_exwelder_504c2098548cc1db37b87f6b6493f719.jpg (502x700, 52K)

Yeah. For the most part it just feels too clunky for lack of a better term. It doesn't feel as satisfying optimizing to ridiculous degrees as it does in factorio and the spaghetti in Satisfactory is even more annoying to deal wtih.

I think minecraft mods handled verticality far far better.

>If a game is good, then whichever launcher it uses isn't going to stop people from wanting to play it.

This

Attached: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (264x376, 18K)

Tbh after all these shooter looter and Sony-Third-Person-Experience TM I‘m really looking forward to satisfactory for just a chill and relax game session. Though I would probably pirate it if its tooe expensive.

But the game isn't even good and a superior version of it has been out for years

Stop fucking being contrarian memelords you faggots.
Modden minecraft has never been good.

Tekkit is shit. There. I said it.

This.

Fuck off shills.

I didn't play past unlocking the varied Milestones part where you can put resources towards unlocking different stuff. I can comfortably say the early game is nicely structured, but good CHRIST managing power is trash even with Biomass fuel.

>currently its worth the money
I thought you said it was early access?

>incredibly game with lots of potential ruined by the devs greed
This happens too often

>The 1 year exclusivity window doesn't actually start until the game leaves Early Access, which is an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 1 year from now, probably multiple years
Genuinely, this is the only game I'm mad about falling for this shit.
I did play the Alpha event this weekend, but I have no intent of buying it until it's on Steam or standalone.

>>The 1 year exclusivity window doesn't actually start until the game leaves Early Access, which is an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 1 year from now, probably multiple years

Holy lol - Steam btfo

i really liked laser league too

I didn't know about the keys, is there any other way to play it right now?

This is limited alpha weekend, actual early access with more content starts in two weeks, with $20 price tag.

yes so how do I play it NOW?

Pirate it.

>"IRL" streams 106k
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1549779349475.png (1231x1426, 1.05M)

I really feel like top down view is a lot better suited for this kind of game than first person. Even just controlling one guy in factorio instead of a traditional rts style was pushing it in factorio, but that still worked out. Wached some streams and just looks way to slow and cumbersome to build anything of magnitude in first person.

Getting coal is the actual milestone because you no longer have to harvest for biomass. Limited alpha content ends here though.

Attached: saf.jpg (2560x1440, 1.18M)

Shame they pulled it from Steam.

Looks like a shallow 3D imitation of Factorio that in practice plays more akin to all the other modern sandbox crafting games like Subnautica or Space Engineers. The factories you build in this game are smaller than my bootstrap starter base in Factorio.

That combined with the fact that it's:
>early access
>epic store exclusive
>got a big E3 trailer
>developed by a random studio who's made Goat Simulator and a 3D tower defense humble bundle fodder game

Too many red flags to bother with it before it actually properly releases.

Building in first person is definitely a bit cumbersome at times, but I think it's a fair trade off for having a 3D world. Also you do get a jetpack eventually.

>epic only
epic!

Why were people fans of Factorio? Always seemed like a meme game

Pure autists played Factorio then memers joined.

It's an autist meme game. There's a difference.

You, me and the other 30 people or so who really like it. They tried way too hard to push this esport bullshit and what are we stuck with? No online lobbies, I don't know how the fuck they missed such an important feature, you offer local and online matchmaking yet no private lobbies. That is the ONE THING I want that would keep the game playable but I think they completely abandoned it, what a fucking shitshow when the game is really good.

I will let my key sit in my mail :)
Free Tibet

>------------------------------------------on epic store only
Well there you go, not touching it

forgot image

>meme game
It's an autist game, real meme games are garbage like platformers with gachimuchi skin, getting over it wannabes but with one shitty twist or anything cashing on an actual meme, Factorio is just extremely intricate and fills the autistic desire for production and conveyor belts.

Attached: file.png (276x112, 49K)

How funny you mention meme games when the devs for this made goat sim.

When they come back begging steam users to buy their shitty game then I might be generous enough to pirate it

>Why were people fans of Factorio? Always seemed like a meme game
Because it's genuinelly one of the best games of the last two decades. It's incredibly intricate, deep, and very much a literal embodiment of the whole "easy to learn, complex to master" design philosophy. It's insanely addictive. And it's mechanically extremely well made as well.

People around screem "AUTISTIC" because they haven't played it, don't want to give it a try, and need to have an excuse why other people do enjoy it, but the reality is different: Factorio is extremely accessible and in a way, feels almost like a casual game. It has crazy depth, but it draws you very slowly, and the player is has freedom in how far down the rabbit hole he wants to go. The core gameplay loop alone is satisfying.

What are some other good enemy mods for Factorio that isn't RAMPANT? I need more zerg shenanigans to really make the factory building a thrill.

>1 : + Literally Factorio 3d
Stopped reading, this game has 1/100 of the content of factorio so you can fuck right off

i like it. not enough to ever trust epic with my credit card information again, but the game is good on its own merits

So lets get this straight

They knew they were directly competing with Factorio, so they go off and make Factorio but 3D. Except firstly it has none of the content of Factorio, it doesnt even have enemies, and second its use of 3D is an absolute joke with it being more efficient just to build out rather than up.

Seems like all the dye in the lead designers hair melted his brain cells if he thought people would bother to pick this up.

>Seems like all the dye in the lead designers hair melted his brain cells if he thought people would bother to pick this up.
guy in the videos is a "community manager"

It has "enemies" just not the zerg. Think Subnautica with its territorial mobs.

It's not competing for the Factorio audience. It's just another sandbox crafting game. It's more like Minecraft with technology mods like Thermal Expansion than it is Factorio.

I don't know about modded Minecraft. I'd say it's more shallow than that.

>were
It is the single best factory construction game thats ever been made and nothing comes even close. Its beauty comes from the fact that someone who is a complete moron and someone who is a genius can both complete the game, but how they get there will be completely different. The game allows you to be as efficient or inefficient as you can be bothered to be and gives you a metric fuckton of tools to achieve anything you want to that end.

What does this game do? It does less than factorio but in 3D, without taking advantage of the fact the game is 3D. Case and point go look at infinifactory, a game which actually uses the power of having more dimensions to allow the player to manipulate shapes into components in real time, instead of the joke of copying factorio's factories without adding anything new to it.

You dont get to choose who you compete with, this game is a factory construction game, factorio is a factory construction game, factorio is better. End of story.

>It is the single best factory construction game thats ever been made and nothing comes even close
what other examples even are there? i don't know of any. i don't really consider infinifactory to be comparable since it's all self-contained puzzles.

I have a genuine problem with the design of their machinery. Anyone else?

I absolutely fucking hate that they specifically designed them to not even be grid-like in function so everything is awful to efficiently optimize. Also the z-axis is barely fucking used in this game aside from set pieces that barely matter to the actual factory building and allowing you to look over you base.

Yeah modded Minecraft is actually pretty deep and Satisfactory isn't aywhere close to it at least during this free weekend. The scale of what you build and the core gameplay loop is definitely more Minecraft than it is Factorio though.

It's not competing for the Factorio audience because the Factorio audience by and large won't care about this game. Satisfactory is made for the brainlets who think Factorio was too difficult, or who never tried it in the first place because of its looks.

>it doesnt even have enemies

This bit confuses me, because the trailers showed that it would have enemies. I'm guessing they're just not in the current build?

You have to look back at really old games or some of the more smaller scale ones like Big Pharma

Infini could be the same type of game as factorio, its the use of 3D which i was making the point of though

i like the idea that you can just go freeform all over the ground or lay down foundation and try to optimize a grid, except that the latter option is killed by the buildings all being different sizes. they need to standardize building sizes, everything should be relatable to the size of the 8m foundation pieces (4m, 8m, 16m, etc.) so you can actually lay things out properly

there are enemies, but i think he means things like the factorio enemies that periodically attack your base. satisfactory enemies stick to the own territories, you'll never run into any if you never leave home.

Ahs I see. I'm guessing theres no reason to leave or expand into their territory yet then?

you have to leave to find other resources or just to find more sources of what you already have for a higher output. you need iron, copper, limestone, and eventually coal and i don't think there is any part of the map where you can find all four in one spot. you also need to explore to find things you can't make or mine like the energy slugs.

Are you actually seriously angry that someone is trying to make different flavor of a fantastic game that has turned out to have a potential to become it's own genre?

What. The. Fuck.
Sure, Satisfactory isn't exactly content rich right now, and it may never have the complexity of Factorio, but what the fuck is wrong with games iterating on a concept again? This is PATHETIC. Fuck me.
I have 800+ hours in Factorio, I've completed a fucking Angel+Bob run of that game, and I'm happy to see a variation is being made. Why are you so fucking brain-dead? Where does this fucking retardation come from?

>what other examples even are there?
Besides Minecraft Mod kits, there was Big Pharma, Infinifactory, Zachatronics games, Fortrescraft, arguably even OTTD and Transport Fever. In development you currently have Production Line, Gunsmith, and now Satisfactory.

well put, i agree on most of it
reaching desert area and climbing up the mountains was comfy af
on a side note, a negative is no way to go back to you main base quickly if you explore far away

>Verdict currently its worth the money
It's definitely not. What the fuck are you even talking about?

Maybe after a year.

They just hate Epic Store

This, walkways are also fucking stupid and the stairs they use don't work effectively, the huge ramps are literally more effective at going up levels then using the fucking stairs, there is no roof block you have to use fondation but you cant use foundation because all the buildings are so fucking tall, there is no point to building structures anyway since nothing comes to fuck your shit up, the weapons are lame and made by faggots, I should be able to supercharge my taser with the glowslugs, I should be able to have a magazine and a cyclic rate on my rebar gun. My character is a fucking engineer, I should not be limited in what tools I can create here, why is there only a tractor? Why is there no scout cars? Why cant I break down rocks in my way? Why is it that when I put down foundation too low grass pokes though the fucking floor? Why is there no effective way of building anything up rather then out? Why does it limit you for so long at the start? Why does it waste your time at the start doing busywork?

E A R L Y
A C C E S S

Its like people don't know how to make fucking games anymore.

This looks like a cool game, i'll just go on ahead and buy it from Steam...
Oh. Nevermind! back to factorio

That is just pathetic. I fucking despise Epic store as well but how fucking idiotic you have to be to shit on a game because of a crappy distribution platform? And make extensive "reasoning" where you complain about the GAME when your issue is with the distribution?

Are you cretins 12?!

Fuck steam, when is it on GOG?

Probably never.

Gog is barely profitable - they have NOWHERE enough money to out-bribe Epic. I doubt the game will sell there, maybe after it goes multiplatform...

I try to take this stance too, but some games I really want to play and show my support for are only available through one of them. There are a lot of steam "exclusives"

Torrent where?

Do you pirate any games brought on steam? It's spyware, too.

>what is paying x to show game
Its doing bad

im pissed out of all the games this one went on the epic store. its niche and i did not expect it

not to defend those scums but it's not open yet, aka only invited people get to play it

reporting you all for not following the NDA!

it's lifted

Stick that sanctimonious consternation back up your ass.
Shill your shit on a subleddit if it bothers you so much that your ideas guy game isn't hailed as the second coming of Tetris.

What leads you to that conclusion? It's a hugely niche game with very little marketing behind it, it's a wonder it made the damn list.

Can you be any more pathetic? Have you looked around this board you piece of shit? You should be fucking sucking cock of every single person who still decides to TALK GAMES here in the first place. If you don't want people discussing games here, GO. AWAY.

>very little marketing behind it
yet you shill here everyday

Talking about games isn't shilling you retard. It's THAT. SIMPLE.

unreporting you all for for not following the non-existent NDA!

looks like a gay game. soldiers, skyrim, conveyor belt,indie, openworld. okay. have fun?

>1 : + Literally Factorio 3d
It's fucking not, the reason Factorio keeps giving after a hunder hours is the massive scale of your factory. An Unreal 3D game could never provide it, given how autistic Factorio devs are and how much effort went into optimization
Satisfactory felt really good for a dozen of hours but i can already see the limit at the horizon.
I'll squeeze another 10 hours and then i'll go back into raising my iron plate production from 400k/min to 500k/min

I don't see how people expect anything else than just that, a 30-ish hours game that you dip in when you are bored with Factorio, but abandon it fairly fast.
Hell, I'm genuinely surprised the game even works to begin with. The starting pitch felt like another Forge case.

Are you genuinely retarded?

sky factory 4 kino is coming out soon
eat shit chink

>Try Sky Factory 3
>Lost interest and stopped playing after a few hours
Felt like it was going to be a huge grind and I fucking hate grind in Minecraft as it's just tedious shit.