Okay Yea Forums, Goblin Slayer gets a game. How would you style it?

Okay Yea Forums, Goblin Slayer gets a game. How would you style it?

I don't think a hoard mode would work. I'd go for a DMC style system (mixed with Dragon's Dogma skill and pawn system) to see how viciously efficient and brutal you can take down goblins, but the catch being that it's heavily dependent on a preparation system. You go in blind and your chances of getting fucked are high, but the glowing red eye would pull you out of the fire when your health gets too low.

Attached: Gobburin-Surrayer.jpg (640x640, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/smsXUkcxmM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragons Dogma, but slower and more punishing.
Relies on you to use equipment effectively, take advantage of your surroundings, and think on your feet.

Take shit out quickly and as much as possible without being overwhelmed. Overhelmed odds means death.
You need to take care of your equipment with the money you get in-between quests, and spend smartly. Or else risk death.

How would you work the 'respect' system in the Goblin Slayer world? The more popular you are, the more jobs you get. Of course GS wouldn't go for anything but goblin quests but as word gets out about him, more goblin jobs from further would come, and you'd have to have something to do while waiting for the dungeons to respawn. Maybe chill on the farm?

Cool thing would be never having to worry about buying expensive equipment.
>>"New in stock! Enchanted arthropod slayer! +35 ATK!"
>"One iron sword please."
>Are you sure? The roads have been overrun with demons, you'll be needing this holy sword of-"
>"One iron sword, please. And a shield."

Attached: bestboy.jpg (480x360, 22K)

nah, a good of war approach would be best, DMC-lite combat with a focus on brutality, or maybe a dark souls type combat since it's inspired by dungeon crawlers

i would like to play as a goblin who likes to capture and rape town girls. so i can make my own army and evolve as a goblin lord while avoiding goblin slayer. but mostly rape

oh you play this as rts but you can first person or vr the good parts

Castlevania like game, specifically like portrait of ruin, with GS and Priestess as Johnathan and Charlotte, because they are actually that.

Attached: 1552176351099.jpg (1400x940, 228K)

Reminder that Square Enix holds GS license. They already put him and Priestess in one of their phone games.

It's been a while since I played God of War (last one was 2), but didn't it have a lot of enemies at once? GS could handle it with a good evade/counter/parry system, but there's also the AoE to consider.

Would be cool if you could use the goblins themselves as a weapon and swing them around for good knockdown/stun chances, then finish them off while they're on the ground. The quicker you kill, the more experience, like style points except based around efficiency.

That'd be an interesting mini-game, GS would be the one boss you can't beat and the boogeyman of your playthrough. Like alpha volatiles in Dying Light, except worse.

>phone games
TIS SHIT.

Attached: chibislayer.gif (540x540, 2.25M)

This is one game where item durability would actually probably fit.

Turn based RPG, like DnD

BotW but it's all dungeons.

The RNG would fuck your party pretty hard but not you. They'd have to level up their Goblin Slaying stat that is essentially one big fuck you to dice rolling, but only getting xp to it from dire situations.

>A party of glowing eyed gobbo slayers
It would be glorious.

It would also be one hell of a junk looter slasher. Just pilfer your next weapon off a goblin.

Attached: JUST.jpg (293x448, 45K)

Are you retarded anime only normie, right?
GS literally is DnD 2e story in custom setting.

Also it'd be pretty funny if by endgame you have all of these completed goblin quests but a couple of boards full of every other quests.
>Goblin Slayer, please help us kill these dragons! Snakes! Bandits! Wolves! ANYTHING!
>Are there goblins?
>N-no but-
>Goodbye.

Except babu can make him help, she already forced him to attend to a wedding he was invited and remain to help with a quest that was incorrectly report to have goblins.

Attached: 1503843320178.jpg (852x567, 273K)

I’d make a low effort low budget cashgrab
some generic mousou i guess

>reading comprehension
I didn't say it wasn't. How did anything I say imply that it wasn't? Dice rolling. Goblin Slayer doesn't care about dice rolling and it doesn't effect him. Everyone else, it does.

And I've read all of the translated books but literally who cares. That's not the point.

DarkSouls / GodofWar crossover. Simplest question of my life. And it would sell like hotcakes.

>babu
That's an interesting word for second worst girl.

High Elf Archer is literal forest shit.

Attached: Priestess.jpg (500x274, 56K)

Darkest Dungeon

Attached: 1547770705988.jpg (600x600, 111K)

Musou

Attached: dms.jpg (637x732, 90K)

Mandatory date quests out of fucking nowhere.

Attached: Guildgirl.jpg (1024x730, 102K)

It wouldn't be a hack and slash at all. Goblin Slayer itself isn't much of a hack and slash. A real attempt is made in this world to kill the enemy as rapidly as possible. Combat ought to be slower and a little more deliberate.

Goblin Slayer is a character who seems like a berserk sort of character but in reality many of the kills he'll work in are either from long range as often as available or with traps and gadgets. He doesn't cut through a horde because if you're surrounded the lethality of the enemy becomes incredible. Whenever he's neck deep in a fight with the foe its pretty risky. The game should revolve around scouting and then dispatching the foe efficiently with as little risk as possible with a high emphasis on being very thorough. Getting into a brawl is something you do in the cleaning up stage and he often goes through multiple weapons rapidly as once a weapon becomes too soaked in the scent of fresh blood goblins will be able to track him by the smell of it.

Methodical gameplay that doesn't see a difference between combat and a puzzle. He says himself "Imagination is a weapon. Those who lack it are the first to die." He's there to exterminate, not to seek glory. One goblin escaping is as good as the next nest starting somewhere.

Does he protect or does he proact?

You have no idea how dangerous "babu" is.

Attached: 1551480968668.png (441x377, 116K)

>No story garbage about boring as fuck character hunting boring as fuck monsters
How about no

>once a weapon becomes too soaked in the scent of fresh blood goblins will be able to track him by the smell of it.
Wouldn't he be lost in the gore of all the other goblin bodies and be able to hide his scent that way though?

Like I said, second worst girl(?)

Attached: GoblinPlower.png (814x800, 355K)

I know its off topic but someone ever saved the different draws Yea Forums made when they showed the half of GS face?
I really wanted to save the Moot one

>No story garbage about boring as fuck character hunting boring as fuck monsters
Wait, so you WANT story garbage? Because that'd be cool and meta as fuck. A more in depth look to the world with more than just goblins, and here you are as the MC waiting for more goblin jobs.

It's not always good for the scent to be too strong. He's been shown numerous times to be a fantastic brawler of a fighter but you see him prefer not to close in just as much. A bow. Causing cave-ins. Fires. All preferable to actually directly fighting a group. He respects the danger of fighting outnumbered. Only idiots want to fight 10 pissed toddler sized people with poison daggers all at once. Goblins have a fantastic sense of smell to boot, apparently. The blood becomes problematic.

Right from the get go once he meets Priestess he has her coated in gore because the Goblins would be able to tell they were coming from the smell of a human female coming deeper into the cave. In that case the scene of blood was preferable. Even still, when his weapon became drenched in enough guts he left it. He seems to have a very good read on exactly how far he can push it before the smell will alert his prey.

He also never shows even the slightest intention of ever wanting to have to directly fight any of the larger goblin evolution. The first hob we see he lurks into a trap because he knows for a fact it'd probably wreck him in tight quarters. Only a complete moron tries to fight goblins fairly.

>He can't make gobbos or kobolds interesting
Step up your game fag.

>Even still, when his weapon became drenched in enough guts he left it. He seems to have a very good read on exactly how far he can push it before the smell will alert his prey.
See, I was under the impression he ditches the used weapons because the fat, bone, and viscera dull the blade.

>Only a complete moron tries to fight goblins fairly
The goblin lord's victim would like to cry in a corner for being so fucking stupid.

Attached: GoblinPlowerlvl2.jpg (562x767, 78K)

Attached: 1521838070376.jpg (962x1233, 706K)

Turn based RPG but Goblin Slayer specifically transcends RNG.

Isn't his preference for multiple weapons born from the fact that a single weapon tends to break when you fight that many goblins, and that goblin blood tends to slicken weapons? That was shown when they were executing the Stupored goblins and High Elf Archer had to swap to a goblin dagger to finish because hers got too slippery.

He very, very briefly told Priestess it was the scent of the blood making the weapon a liability. Once he's 'spent' the weapon he brought he has 0 qualms about using a goblins discarded weapon, shoddy as they may be. He also intentionally buys cheap, throwaway weaponry so that his habit of leaving his weapon to rot isn't costly.

Any game trying to use this series as its center would be better off taking its monster encounters very, very seriously as the mortality rate of the common adventurer is actually probably quite high. Goblins themselves are very competent killers and that doesn't even breach into the world of serious problems like Ogres or demonic forces. There are levels of threat so high that villages being brutally slaughtered by goblins is something people will ignore for other priorities. They don't try to imply that many adventurers survive long enough to become silver ranked.

No Goblin Paladin boss fight no buy.

Fair point. That's definitely gotta be a factor too. I just recall him abandoning his sword in that first cave where the journey starts as being chalked up to something like "Too much blood on the weapon, they'll smell me". For it to be worth bringing up makes it fairly important. No reason to mention such a thing if it weren't a real concern.

Good suggestions, but what music would it have?

>showing his face

Attached: bossofthiscave.png (512x384, 244K)

Attached: gs moot.png (916x882, 656K)

Brutal Doom x Dark Souls

Cramped areas, maze-like maps, different archetypes of goblins, secrets, and weapons that break after a limited number of kills, each with their own specific kill animation. Shortsword and shield start on each map.

Kill fast or die fast.

Lots of anger
Lots of blood and guts
Lots of metal

Attached: Gon2.jpg (962x530, 33K)

Cell shaded

metal

>post yfw Goblin Lords

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

Attached: 1q2ffjg3hg74g.gif (165x106, 148K)

Attached: gsdoomguy.jpg (778x611, 128K)

Attached: mfw-goblin-lords.jpg (480x360, 70K)

Highly punishing arpg roguelite.
Dying gives your equipment to gobs.
Start with new character on death.
Full spectrum of RPG gear from shoddy cloth rags to ornate adamantite full plate.
Towns disappear from the map if you let gobs fester too long.

Luck stat to run into Goblin Slayer?

Yes
also tank controls

Soulsborne style with the dodging mechanics and stamina. Introduce large amounts of Goblins and high tier gobs. Probably MMO style quests as well.

>also tank controls
>run into a hob at the end of the dungeon
>goblin priest's scurry little ass rushes to the exit, blocking your way
Ah FUCK

Attached: goblin-time.jpg (1200x679, 165K)

regardless of the other details: audible spoken kill counting whenever you are maintaining a combo chain

Even tho i'd want it to play more like DMC. it'd need some strategic stealth like sections a bit more in depth than stealth sections in ninja gaiden or metal gear rising.

Make it like a mix of XCOM and Space Hulk since the whole setting of GS is a D&D game

I've played a Goblin Slayer like character in a D&D session once. That was fun.

To add to this: spoken kill counting jumps (like 13 to 19) when not maintaining a chain
Hard mode: you have a press a button for every goblin kill

I would style it the same way Fallout 1+2 did, since that system would mesh well with GS' strategic approach.

At that point why make a Goblin Slayer anime? Goblin Slayer is Doom with an Open World and Quests.

*game

Basically Nu-Doom but HeXen

>Goblin God

Attached: goblin slayer rage.png (478x748, 477K)

Tense stealth game beats when he's scouting or thinning out the sentries, metal once the main fight starts.

C'mon man. Keep it an anime

Aside from Nu-Doom-like soundtracks,
youtu.be/smsXUkcxmM0
>suspenseful
>2:22 hits
>rip and tear begins

Attached: lightning gs.png (817x683, 731K)

You reminded me of underrail, where the best way to not get fucked is making use of many different tools and abilities and nearly every enemy can be as dangerous as you, ending your life in just one stun.
You'd want some better graphics and visuals than underrail though, like have adjacent enemies swordlock with you and getting some cinematic bloody executions and whatnot.

wouldn't work

focus on goblins and how it's comedic he only fights them would be a recurring joke but that's all you have that's cement

either being GS or just having a party would both be meh because it's still western fantasy

it'd literally just be a hack and slash in the vein of onimusha and the later hyrule warriors but you're just fighting the same enemy over and over with less enemy variance

wouldn't be entertaining, much like the poor anime adaptation

Pretty much like you described, also a strong focus on environmental hazards, both big ones you have to set up beforehand and smaller ones like open braziers you can kick into a gob mob. You can try to wade into a group and swing like a madman while the red eye is in effect, but it's generally better to funnel them into chokepoints or your hazard locations. Using lots of consumables is to be expected. Brutal kills lower morale on nearby gobs, below half morale makes them hesitant to attack, 0 morale makes them fall over in fear or run away, while gob champions and the like can rally them. Your personal iron sword has say, 7 hp, while a gob weapon has 1-3. You can throw your weapon at any time for a strong ranged hit that oneshots a basic gob, and pressing the attack or throw button without a weapon in hand grabs the nearest weapon from the ground for that action. Gobs of hob tier and above will learn your tactics and can shatter a thrown weapon so you can't just kite them around the place throwing gob clubs nonstop.