Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that it's the best 3D Mario game

Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that it's the best 3D Mario game.

Attached: GUEST_0d151669-8465-4a77-b1d5-d0850f63c391.jpg (488x488, 75K)

As much as I shit on Nintendo I really did enjoy this. I have my complaints about it but at the end of the day it's fun to play.

64 is still peak in terms of control, but the game not kicking you out of the stage to start over for every little thing gives it a massive edge in quality.

>64 is still peak in terms of control
Odyssey's controls have more depth, a higher skill ceiling and are more precise.

It's my favorite for a lot of reasons but the biggest one of all is that Mario doesn't SLIDE OFF EVERYTHING.
Sunshine and the Galaxy games worked really hard to restrict where the player could go, Odyssey takes the fact that you can get to some wacky spots and goes "oh you think you're cheeky, well here's a massive pile of coins because we KNEW you'd come up here"

And the least reason to use them

just because someone spent 2 hours on youtube complaining about a game doesn't mean they are right or that their thoughts have any worth

I thought they would never top Sunshine but wow Odyssey was so pleasant and fun

Nope. Galaxy 2 is the only right answer. The funny thing to me is that it was actually too good and essentially doomed the future of the franchise. There is nothing more to do now that a game very successfully utilized the final frontier. Nintendo blew their whole load on Galaxy 1 and 2.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, my opinion has been formed from 30 hours of lackluster gameplay

Never played Galaxy 2, but Galaxy 1 honestly bored the heck out of me back in the day.

I will give it props for having the best looking graphics for it's time.

youtuber joseph anderson has a 2 hour rant about some autistically insignificant gripes in the game, frequently missing the point of why certain design decisions were made. your comment sounded like it came from someone who formed their opinion off of his video.

picked it up on sale for $28 the other day. pretty jazzed about that.

The only dust settling is on my copy of this game because I am never playing it again, and neither are you.

3D World, Galaxy 2 and 64 is the peak of 3D Mario. Everything else is a fucking farce.

Attached: SM64_Shindou_EasterEgg.png (320x240, 127K)

Why would anyone watch something like that?

Na, there is nothing about it that makes it better than Galaxy 1 and 2. I'd say it is on par with them, I could see myself playing any of those 3 if I want to have the best Mario experience. And i doubt anything will be better than these 3, because they are all about as good as you can get.

I wish they’d add more worlds in some DLC, even paid DLC, to give me a reason to go back to this game.

64 is still better because Kondo’s midi and the slide kick

the reason it got me was because I thought Odyssey was rather good, and his video title plus the length made me curious as to what he could possibly be saying negative about the game for two god damn hours. I realized about 30 minutes in that it was mostly him repeating himself and being retarded, but at that point I was far too invested.

Yes, by far.

>COLLECT ALL 900 KOROK MOONS
>Yah ha ha!
no

the good news is you don't have to, you dumb bitch

yes i dont have to play this garbage game, thanks for reminding me. dont forget to check under your ass for another moon

>easy moons
this is a supremely autistic complaint. if you think the game would be significantly improved by replacing the easy moons with a different type of collectible, then you're just a fucking zoomzoom retard who needs extrinsic motivators to play games. if you think the game shouldn't have any easy collectibles at all, you're a shortsighted retard who is completely oblivious to the breadth of the target audience for this game, which includes players of all skill levels.