youtube.com/watch?v=3CvBcP4W_YA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tactics.

this

Advance

This or IX.

7, 10, and Tactics.

8fags and 9fags not allowed

7 is widely consider to be the best, with 9 a close second and 6 after that (if can stomach cancerous 2d shit).

I have a controversial opinion in that I think that 8 is NOT the trainwreck everyone else thinks it is. I don't mind the draw magic system, junctioning is way more flexible than it seems at first glance and the card minigame was kino as fuck.

Tactics can suck a dick though. In fact all strategy games can suck a dick.

Men of culture and taste

9 is shit though.

9 is not shit.

t. someone who thinks FFT is shit

You have zero taste.

5 is peak Final Fantasy.

Fucking kill yourself

FFT is shit. All strategy games are objectively shit.

The one a given individual likes the most.

You're just too fucking dumb to comprehend them.

Stupid nigger

I love everything about Tactics except the lame, boring-ass protagonist. I mean just look at that mother fucker.

Attached: Ramza.jpg (530x900, 107K)

Bravely Default
>itsss not ff RHREEE
It plays and looks like a very polished ff game.

>Hating Sir ButtPants
user...

10, Tactics, Vagrant Story

I wouldn't say I hate Ramza, because that would imply he wasn't utterly forgettable.

VIII, anyone who doesn't know already is a fuckin' joke. VIII, VII, Tactics, IX. Period.

L I T T L E M O N E Y

6>7>4>5>1>11=14>15>8>10>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>=12=13

XV
In 10 years when every poorfag can get it and run it people will finally realize it's the peak of the mainline games.

Any of them except 2, 8, 13, and 15. Those are trash.

I would like to be that understanding, but can't.
>If it's your favorite FF, I understand.
All the others, except:
>No.
VIII and XV.

>All the others, except:
>>No.
>VIII and XV
Actually, no argument there, user.

>XV

LOL. The game is literally unifnished and has the worst combat of any action-RPG out there

Attached: 1541651745261.jpg (1200x675, 112K)

this

Attached: 47A7D066-F9F0-4D45-950B-B102398198D6.jpg (860x1214, 321K)

Dude thats just like you opinion bro

Attached: 1386996847708.jpg (720x720, 87K)

Oh (you)

Attached: SplendidCalmGrackle-size_restricted.gif (480x272, 1.72M)

The first one you played.

FFXV

Attached: 1wpg3v7o1_1280.jpg (495x495, 61K)

I really enjoyed Ramza, he was literally too pure for the world he was in

5 or 9 are the only true answers

I get to choose only the very best? 6 then.
In no meaningful order followed by 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 (TZA), Tactics.

>Thinking VIII is even in the top 10

>non canon alt timeline dlc that was only greenlit after the final story dlc already came out
>waaah unfinished
How is it unfinished? The story in the game fully ends with the ending it had since day one and that has never changed.

And no it has the best, KH3 is the worst.

KH3 isn't the worst, BBS and DDD are much worse

Shut the fuck up incel, go back to discord tranny faggot. Fuck you.

>KH3 isn't the worst

yeah, KH3 isn't the best KH game out there but calling it the worst is wrong.

I know you were working down the insult list but you missed "cuck" so I'm gonna have to give that one a 6/10

This is what was agreed upon. Tactics would be in C tier.

Attached: FF Tiers.jpg (1450x1550, 411K)

Nobody says cuck anymore you sheltered little homophiliac, get the fuck off my fuckin' board loser.

stop

Attached: Better tier list.jpg (1450x1550, 365K)

>being this mad about VIII of all games
Don't die on this hill user

bait

This.

bait
bait

Why is 9 in the lowest tier?

same. sometimes i fantasise about square enix doing a cgi-chibi anime series from 1-5 for their 50th anniversary.

Attached: ff5.jpg (1050x1574, 594K)

Because it's a shitty bait list

Because it's a shitty game.

>SS
Tactics

>S
IV
VI
VII
IX

>A
VIII
V
XII

>B
III
I
X
XIV (honest to god is holding itself back from being an S tier MMO to cater to casual shit weebs)

>C
TacticsAdv

>D
XIII

>F
II
XV

Spinoff shit like X-2 or all the lightning garbage is disregarded.

Attached: 1447916897342.jpg (500x643, 84K)

>VIII that high
>XIII that high

VIII is a good game, especially during its time. XIII was F tier until XV proved how bad a bad FF title could be.

I said VIII, what part of that did you not understand you piece of fuckin' filth? Huh Jew boy?

bait

Nice try KH kun

VIII is pretty subjective but XV is leagues and bounds above XIII.

Guessing you're a tactics advance fag who will disregard any list that doesn't put tactics advance in A tier or higher. Tactics advance was a giant piece of shit compared to tactics; when viewed in a vacuum on its own merits, it's a mediocre if entertaining game.

user settle down, your blood pressure is getting too high. VIII is at best a mediocre game.

Actually that's spot on, and you're the faggot with the bait

>that
nice samefag

Yeah, VIII is okay but held back by some stuff that threw experienced FF vets for a loop

best 2D FF FF6
best 3D FF FF15

You're not hearing me, moron. I said VIII. Not VII, not fuckin' IX. Get that through your fuckin' head.

VIII had good gameplay and an interesting story; it's a good game. XIII was garbage, but XV is utterly forgettable as a product. XV also managed to have even less engaging gameplay than XIII; an impressive feat considering how much AI was baked into XIII battles.

For the development lifetime of XV, it's unforgivably bad. It doesn't really matter which you'd consider the worse game. If someone asked me "should I play XIII or XV", I'd tell them neither.

>best 2D FF FF6
good ta...

>best 3D FF FF15
nevermind

X
Not even a competition really

>XV is leagues and bounds above XIII
XIII has a much better combat system than XV. XV would be better if it weren't so goddamn boring to play.

All of them, in one way or another. Everyone has different tastes in stories, combat, characters, etc...

I know you said VIII dummy, thats why I typed it out when I was calling it a mediocre game. VII and IX are actually good.

FFIII is my favorite.

Attached: 1*KuA7cMrNDqJVk0vNbpbRZw.jpg (1024x768, 224K)

XIII has terrible combat, it's literally autobattle the game

xv only took 3 years to make and its objectively the best ff in terms of graphics, animation, party interactions, dungeon design, seamlessness, spectacle, music, actual combat and ending

Nah, you just have shit taste.

Attached: whatasamefag.png (634x540, 29K)

Attached: ff6.jpg (640x353, 64K)

post invalidated

no it doesn't you moron, 13 is literally autobattle and nothing else

VIII is better, dumb ass, so don't waste your time talking about those games unless you want to get knocked out.

the only people who continue to think that 7 is the best are nostalgiafags who haven't played the game recently
seriously, go replay it, it's pretty mediocre nowadays

hot take: XIII-2 and LR are both good games and fixed the linear issue of the first game.

Attached: 30303318.jpg (400x400, 98K)

cringe

Nope. But if thinking so makes you feel better about yourself, then keep doing that.

Best game with best girl

Attached: 99BDDABB-CB10-4A89-824C-F13051C74835.jpg (474x622, 32K)

what kind of newfag thinks it's cringe to btfo some samefag spewing autist?

>Final Fantasy thread

8 > 6 > 3 > 1 > Tactics Advance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Actual Dogshit >>>>>>> Everything else >>>>>>>>>>> Power gap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cancer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aids >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7

In what aspects is it a better game?

it's true
also even if it did take 10 yeats the fuck does that matter when it came out 3 years after the previous mainline ff14, and 14 came out 3 years after 13, and 13 came out 3 years after ff12
and then you have games like mother 3 which took 12 years which are nowhere near as demanding as xv

XIII-2 did feel linear but not as railroaded as XIII.

LR is the closest example to an well done open world FF
>variety of locations to explore
>sidequsts everywhere
>can tackle the big plot dungeons in any order

took you that long?

My nigga, you prefer the original or the DS remake?

There's a lot of bait in this thread but this is the most blatant

Literally just finished IV. Why do people like this one again? It felt like every character was a complete retard that only helped the big bad with their master plan. Plus Golbez just gets let off the hook despite all the shit he did because muh brother.

>using graphics/animations as a reason why a newer game is better than an older game
Has one poster ever been this much cancer?

Tactics is so overrated, it's like you have never played a tactical rpg before and figure this one must be the best for its FF seal of approval. There's nothing special about this game, most t-rpgs are on this level or superior. At least Advance had a unique system and setting that made it worth playing if youre not too autistic about the rules.

Previous games such as FF 5 & 6 had already achieved much more in gameplay depth, story quality, arguably better osts too but somehow hipsters have a hard on for Tactics.

there's only 4 places in LR

Yes it is a valid reason and it is one of the biggest reasons why FF7 was highly regarded when it came out

>I don't like X opinion so it's bait!

Attached: anigif_enhanced-buzz-31276-1390851543-29.gif (480x360, 440K)

>there's only 4 places in LR

4 big, unique, regions:
run down slums (Noel's area)
Modern city (Snow's area)
Plains/Forest (the area with Sazh and the area that leads to Caius)
Desert (the ruins you have to explore)

>this much cope
FFT is a better game than even TOLUCT. Great setting, great story, and a massive amount of ways to play the game. It's only as shallow as the player.

Played it for the third time last year and still loved the story, world, and characters. It's not the game play that FFVII fans have fond memories of.

I agree with every thing but fft

>What if we remade Final Fantasy III again, except even uglier than the DS remake, with a Nintendo-tier gimmick-of-the-week, arbitrary plot twists that add nothing because the plot isn't clever and the charactets have no depth, and pad the last act by having the player replay the game
Congratulations, you're officially a retard.
Bravely Default is Square-Enix dickslapping you and getting paid for it. It's their sophmore effort in their line of "what can we repaint and sell back to fucking retards"
For fucks sake they even have a subsidiary, AKA a team of rejects from their fucking garbage inhouse dev teams, named Tokyo RPG FACTORY, and Bravely Default is second in line to the zero effort trash a literal FACTORY pumps out. They're getting even closer to nonexistent effort with Octopath. I mean Jesus fuck they sold a game just by marketing that it has eight characters.
Christ user, have some fucking standards.

No it's not. Being developed in a better tech age for a shinier wrapper around all the coding doesn't make a game superior to an older title. Assuming that the shiniest shiny is best is literal ape brain logic.

To give you your second to last (you)? Yep.

>le autobattle meme
>ignoring paradigm shifts
>ignoring the stagger system
>ignoring the importance of status effects
The "autobattle" complaint is fucking retarded. You can't get through FFXIII without utilizing paradigm shifts and manual commands; autobattle is just to get through trashmobs. It's just like every other FF game where you can just spam attack through 99% of encounters, but you morons will never say a word about that. And in FFXV you just hold circle while the game plays itself.

FFXIII is a fucking mess with a lot of problems, but it's combat system is not only solid but one of the best in the series.

I have Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6 and 7 on my Backlog. I've heard 2 and 3 are really not worth playing, but what about 1? NES games aren't really my thing, they're clunky as fuck.
Also, is FFIX actually good or not, I'd like some legitimate opinions, I have the money to buy it right now on the Switch.

Attached: 1543861550887m.jpg (766x1024, 56K)

It advanced the gameplay (somewhat, considering it fucked off with the job system unfortunately) in a positive light, despite the unfortunate emphasis in retard Jap writing.
The gameplay is still shit though, so I'm not entirely sure what the appeal is. People pretending the plot is good I guess.

I alternate between the two when I replay. They're both really great.

refer to

Attached: 2ef57da9b51d8979ce9ad164ff44ea0a39cabe79_hq.gif (600x335, 1.59M)

Yes it is, only a nostalgiafag would pretend cutting edge graphics and animation don't matter. FF has always prided itself on being at the cutting edge of graphics and visuals in the gen they come out in at the year they do, and that has been a huge selling point since 7 in particularly. Pretending it doesn't matter exposes your hypocrisy and bias.

> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Actual Dogshit >>>>>>> Everything else >>>>>>>>>>> Power gap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cancer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aids >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7
> not bait
Ok

Peak jrpg :
FF6, FF9

Excellent :
Tactics, FF7

Memorable :
FF1&2(GBA), FF5, FF8, FF10, FF12, Tactics Advance

Its aight :
FF4, FF13, Crystal Chronicles

Irrelevant :

>Also, is FFIX actually good or not, I'd like some legitimate opinions,

9 is okay but flawed:
1. Slowest combat of the series (seconds of loading before the battles actually start)
2. Characters have limit mode called "Trance" that is gauged by a meter. When the meter fills you go into Trance NO QUESTIONS ASKED, meaning you could blow it on a random encounter
3. Learning skills means you have to have weak shit equipped for a long time when the next town(s) sell stronger stuff
4. Disk 4 locks out several areas from exploring

Attached: jpg.jpg (635x448, 37K)

I used the paradigm shift but I never used the manual commands and the stagger system was just an add on to autobattle

Don't listen to that attention starved faggot. 1 is good, but buggy, try playing the GBA or PSP version. You should also give the PSP version of 3 a try.

Sounds like good arguments, I just changed my mind desu.

Best presentation, dumb ass.

>I never used the manual commands
Then you either played on easy, didn't get very far into the game, or are completely full of shit.

No it's not retarded, 13 is literally autobattle and paradigm shift is nothing but changing command pools because they decided to split magic, buffs, debuffs, heals, attacks and defense into 6 different command pools instead of 1 like every other ff, not strategy

>le hold O
Holding O only does basic attack in XV you retard and you will die by doing just that

Autobattle in 13 automatically picks the most useful command against an enemy and does everything for you, you can't even move or dodge let alone have any semblance of control

Attached: just hold O to win except for when you don't .webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Sounds like a headache I really don’t want to have to suffer through, I think I’m good.
I’ll just stop playing FF games at 7, nothing after that game really catches my attention anyway.
Thanks though user.

Wait ill switch FF6 and Tactics.

13 had an easy mode?

I know LR and XV (never used it, game was too easy on normal)

Hello Ban Evader

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 130K)

It's not nostalgia, you dim witted fuck. Placing value on graphics over the gameplay or the story is the cancer killing AAA titles.

IX is my personal favourite, it has its flaws but is still a fantastic game.
FFI is fun enough but very dated, play the GBA/PSP version.
Don't play II unless you REALLY want to.
If you're gonna play III play it before V as V is pretty much just a better version of III

PSX titles > SNES titles > PS2 titles > XIV > XIII trilogy > XV > NES titles

>Brings up the other terribly overrated TRPG
Play something good like Devil Survivor or early Nippon Ichi titles (Soul Nomad and La Pucelle are good places to start) for a real example.
Hell, even Shining Force could give FFT a run for its money.

Fuck off KH kun

It is nostalgia you underage tryhard zoomer trying to be a boomer, graphics and animation all contribute to the presentation and feel, XV simply has objectively the best implementation of it in any FF. Fuck off with your bias.

This is almost correct, but VIII has no right being on the same tier as VII or IX
VIII and Squall can go suck a hard cock to the face

Not if the story is retarded and the gameplay is dogshit. At that point you're watching a bad movie with tedious interactive sections before you can see the next scene. But hey, at least it's the prettiest so far. You fucking retard.

its called video game, emphasis on video meaning visual aspect.

if you're gonna ignore visuals and graphics then you have to do it for all ffs which are now just black screens.

I beat the game and it was easy as shit because its literally autobattle the game.
1. (Cast libra if its a new enemy) Use a paradigm with synergist and saboteur, autobattle until buffs/debuffs applied
2. Use Relentless Assault until your buffs run out
3. Heal as needed
4. rinse and repeat

>why is this game made in the early 2000s objectively worse than this game released in 2019
>because it has worse graphics
The utter state of Yea Forums.

crystal chronicles

Unironically Mystic Quest

The one where the ape in your party can throw a little girl at the dinosaur for 9999 damage.

Fucking HYPE for the switch release. Hope they don't fuck up multiplayer.

Except every other FF has a retarded story with half baked characters with literal dogshit gameplay that is just standing around picking words from a menu which you can also just hold to win in battles in every turn based/atb ff

also turn based/atb is pretty much movie shit where you just pick cutscene attacks you que up the entire time

Attached: ff5 hold x to win battles!.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

>cancerous 2d shit
neck yourself, dumb zoomer

>the utter state of nostalgia fag zoomers trying to be boomers

Live-A-Live?

Where the FUCK are my 12bros at?

Square needs to tone their shit down a bit, and make one of these games again

Attached: FF12_The_Zodiac_Age.0.jpg (1200x675, 172K)

>webm of someone stalling the game to grind
>see, it's boring
Imagine living in an age where giving players agency just gives them more reasons to bitch at the devs for the retarded way they choose to play the game.

>stalling
cope

you have less agency and control in ff1-13 than in 15

Objectively false. You're the same type of faggot who will tell me that FFT is bad because brawler ninjas break the game.

X OBVIOUSLY

Tell me what’s good about XII, I’ve never seen nor heard anyone talk much about ir

I think the same thing in every "Map markers ruined RPGs" thread

They're not remotely the same thing because games like Skyrim, which is the one that gets the most criticism for map markers, did not just add the option, but removed quest dialogue that lets you figure out where to go on your own thus forcing you to rely on the new mechanic.

>great ost
>beautifully detailed and fleshed out world, probably more so than any other FF
>great cast (protagonist doesn't stand out much from the rest of the group though)
>great combat (a lot of people are turned off by it because of how different it is, it basically plays like a single player MMO and how smoothly fights go basically depends on how well you program your own party member AI)
>more of a grown up political plot than your typical romance FF plot

FFXII is basically Star Wars. It's not a game for everyone but if it clicks with you, you'll find it's a highly enjoyable game

Jeez user calm down.
The default turn base is objectively better than atb.
The art also looks pretty good. I prefer it over the 10 fps pixel art of the original ffs.

>posting good goy Ramza instead of the punished Act II aesthetic

He was a great protag with solid development and good closure. Just wish the final boss was harder

Attached: Ramza1.jpg (346x622, 200K)

final fantasies don’t have difficult final bosses

That's your opinion

I feel like the FF12 remake has the best OST. At least from what I can remember of the other games. It's such a delicacy to hear.

7 is probably the most fun honestly, it's fun collecting/growing/finding cool materia combos.

He looks like Jeanne'd arc

It's kind of like the spells were pokemon.

>Floating S to A (Depending on the faggot user)
FF7
FFX
FF6
FF4
>Floaing A to B (Depending on the faggot user + fags who will have the audacity to say S)
FF9
FFV
FF8
>Definite B
FF3
FF12
>Garbage
FF13
>Dumpster Fire
FF15
>MMO doesnt even apply
FF11
FF14
>Literally no relevance in this day and age
FF1
FF2

Attached: read.jpg (1200x964, 110K)

what so great about tactics
I tried to play it and got bored cause it felt more like busy work than strategy

Attached: shrug.png (210x247, 100K)

Autism

5 will always be my favorite.
It's just so good guys.

Attached: 31.jpg (1036x700, 399K)

Its just a shitty version of 3

XII Reks should have been the main character

Attached: First Reveal of Final Fantasy XII.jpg (827x1200, 335K)

>VII for the story
>IX for the overall experience
>X for the gameplay mechanics and soundtrack

Attached: 1551580487397.jpg (462x374, 23K)

Post your favorite song
youtube.com/watch?v=Tog9GjczJVE&t

Why was II suppose to be the black sheep again

I'm playing through the old symbian version right now & it's a blast although not as cool as I was

Attached: Ocean View.png (531x499, 290K)

XV

youtube.com/watch?v=QDpeNEc8GDA&t=37s

>mfw i hum this to myself when i'm stressed or anxious

Attached: 1551953769520.jpg (200x193, 6K)

>fags who will have the audacity to say S
>FF5
fuck off

those are some pretty low-tier monsters tho.

you got that the wrong way around

This has always been my favourite version of the track
youtube.com/watch?v=3CvBcP4W_YA

XII has the most fleshed out world I'd wager

Attached: FF XII.jpg (1200x675, 171K)

>implying III isn't a blast

VIII

Unlike WRPGs, you play one JRPG you played them all. So FF7 is clearly the best since it's only worth playing 1

VIIi > IX > VII

false

Sorry heathen, but science has proven it to be true.