Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

Let's play some SRB2Kart.

SRB2 Kart is a Mario kart like mod on the doom engine, using Sonic characters and themes. There are plenty of custom characters and tracks loaded on the server, so you don't have to like sonic to enjoy it. Enter the race, and change your character, through the start menu when in the server.

>Download: mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=43708

>Room: Casual
>Server: Vidya Kart
West US Host

Attached: 1542485734214.png (1280x800, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zgziYXKypZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Characters.webm (1084x596, 2.91M)

Attached: 1465705607948.png (437x342, 121K)

Attached: The gang.png (1280x800, 229K)

Got 3 in here now

3/16, night is still young

Attached: 1505616351435.png (1658x866, 1.1M)

have a crusty recording from last night

Attached: HornetRace.webm (426x240, 2.93M)

If you prefer Sega Saturn inspired 3D models over 2D sprites, try running the game in OpenGL mode using the included .bat file. (doesn't support all characters, unfortunately)

Attached: saturn.png (1280x800, 609K)

Let's go.

Attached: big love walrus says 'Let's go for it!'.png (262x652, 371K)

Attached: SegataSanshiro.png (457x341, 45K)

Attached: Barren Badlands.webm (480x300, 2.99M)

Sprite characters look kind of weird to me in OpenGL, so I go without it. There are also some maps that can cause lags and crashes when using OpenGL, so use with caution.

Attached: shantae3.gif (320x200, 3.59M)

Attached: 71677306_p0.png (1314x1278, 221K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zgziYXKypZg

Attached: 1528688045954.png (1280x881, 1017K)

>You can play as Hornet

Holy shit that's good

It's a good handicap if you don't want to be able to see

There's even a Daytona track with accompanying music

whoops meant to reply to

Why hasn't anyone ported TGT characters to the game?

Attached: c7p19.jpg (900x1974, 340K)

How do I get started making sprites for this thing?

How's the controller support?

I know 360 is supported, and probably most other major 1st party controllers.

Do you mean guides for the artstyle, or how to insert them into a .wad?

Attached: SRB2_sprite_tutorial_PART_1.png (1196x2481, 1.08M)

Make these frames, basically.

Pretty good, just make sure it's plugged in before you start the game. If you have problems with your kart constantly drifting, you may need to go into the controller options and remove drifting and items from the triggers. You can still use the shoulder buttons for them, though.

Attached: blaze_sheet.png (500x300, 41K)

Doh, that's not the pic I meant to post. Here's the full list of frames you need.

Attached: unknown.png (780x193, 66K)

>no Danica Patrick
Tough sell for m-
>Daytona 500 car
I'm sold

>Download game
>Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Metal Sonic
Is this a ruse?

Attached: SRB2_sprite_tutorial_PART_2.png (1196x2225, 271K)

Join the server

Those are the only 5 built in characters. The rest are mods. Some of them are in the included mod, bonuschars.kart

If you join the server, it will automatically download and load the mods.

There's a file called bonuschars.kart that includes an extra dozen+ characters. The rest are custom characters hosted on the server.

Attached: SRB2_sprite_tutorial_PART_3.png (1196x2596, 263K)

This is great, did you make it?

Bump

Attached: 1543980792121.gif (205x210, 221K)

Nah, I grabbed it from the SRB2Kart Discord, they have quite a few tutorials.

One of SRB2's sprite artists made it.

Stupid faggot jerboa-wolf-weasel fucking dies

Attached: kart0028.png (1280x800, 109K)

>Get off coursed once / fuck up once
>Might as well not bother until the next race
This is far more punishing than anything short of F-Zero GX, that I've ever played. Hell of a game..but I can't play it.

Don't focus too hard on trying to get first. Some of these guys are super good. Plus the host is one of them, and he has an advantage due to not experiencing any lag.

Never forget, also bump

Attached: Drift glitch.jpg (797x600, 245K)

SRB2Kart definitely has a learning curve to it, though it's extremely satisfying when you git gud. This server is playing on "Hard" speed, which is the equivalent to 150cc. You could try playing on a "Normal" speed server (which is still decently fast, it's comparable to Mario Kart 8's 150cc) some time to get the hang of things, or play time trials to get more used to the way the game drifts.

>sanic kart thread on Yea Forums
I'm amazed this game is still goin, but i'm glad. shit's hella fun

I got off of the game automatically thanks to the high ping, but still, I think I will stop for now, as I feel quite sleepy.

Thanks, people. I appreciate for another round of fun kart races, chaotic moments and bumping-fest. Until then, we meet again!

>tfw no rotor.pk3

I agree with this advice. I have practiced enough to have knowledge to clear most courses as fast as possible, but still, I have the most fun by having some crazy item party between near other players. It just is extremely hilarious.

This is good too. Simply find other servers or/and play Time Attack to git gud.

Attached: grinning homosexual muscular timid walrus is pleased to meet you.png (862x842, 338K)

>Don't focus too hard on trying to get first
Then what's the point of a race, user?
Just Don't get bumped and you should place beyond dead last.

>no rotor.pk3
I'm overall glad the Freedom Fighters have stayed out of this mod, but I could accept Rotor on his own, as long as Sally stays out.

>Then what's the point of a race, user?
Just focus on beating the other faggots around you. Spam your horn at them, ram them, throw items at them. Hell I've had fun just fighting for 5th place.

>Almost any other kart game
>Tap accelerator to bullshit all corners and keep speed
>This game punishes you for it
>No playable Pudding to spam PUDDING!
This kills me SO FUCKING HARD

>I'm amazed this game is still goin
Didn't it just release recently?

A few months ago, right before Smash Ultimate came out.

Like the other user said, it's a few months old, which is an eternity for a small indie title

Well SRB2 (the game it's a mod of) just turned 21 years old a few days ago, so Kart is pretty young by comparison.

You can do super sharp corners without losing speed by doing a miniturbo and then continuing to turn inward (don't start drifting again).

Attached: kart0030.png (1280x800, 22K)

Attached: kart0094.png (1600x900, 1.38M)

>Doom engine mods better than most other games
SRB2Kart is shit compared to MM8DM though

MM8BDM used to be great but the community has turned so completely cancerous that I can no longer enjoy it. It seems like people don't even play anything other than CBM anymore.
MM8BDM might have been shit longer than it was good, with how long the community turned sour.

Was pretty fun on the rare occasion my connection wasn't shitting itself. Have a bump.

Attached: 1445779631051.gif (245x230, 920K)

Server closing soon

One last bump, server is closing in like 15 minutes

Attached: 1518493438234.gif (400x300, 1.23M)

I saw someone making a Stan Marsh kart before. I kind of want a Timmy kart.

Attached: Timmy.png (524x1029, 658K)

Huh. This was a good timewaster. Not nearly fun enough to keep, but any true salt I have is offset by almost every track having a good soundtrack going. The fuck's the point when the same 2-3 dudes always win? Isn't it BORING being the only outcomes?

>Isn't it BORING being the only outcomes?
As someone who only won like ten games in the four hours I played, the thrill is trying to beat them. I think people fixate too hard on first in kart racers, when things can be just as if not more chaotic in the middle of the pack. Glad you had fun, user.

I'd imagine for those people who always place in the top 4 trying to outdo each other was really fun. Once you're on that level finishing in 2nd feels like losing.

Eh, unless it's really close I don't tend to feel that way. If it's a large server managing to end in the top 3 is already pretty good, and getting up to first place is just icing. It's still a kart racer and just doing poorly at the start of the race (getting hit by an item, getting bumped off-road even for a short time so you get passed, etc.) means you have a long climb back to the front, even if you're good.

God that sprite quality is all over the place

God damn why does the speed and weapons and the gameplay look so much better than modern mario kart

Is this still up?

It's down. But at this time of night there's usually still at least one standard server with some players in it if you want to play with randoms.