So... Sekiro is essentially the next Dark Souls game...

So... Sekiro is essentially the next Dark Souls game? They want to make a new Dark Souls but they don't want to be tied to the Dark Souls IP and they can't use Bloodborne because that's exclusive to a dead system. So that's what the purpose of Sekiro is? A spiritual successor that can actually be multiplat?

Attached: 1552108926293.png (399x500, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sekiro started from them saying "Let's make a new Tenchu game." and then saying "Well, not exactly a new Tenchu game."

The actual spiritual successor to Dark Souls is still in the works, with them having confirmed they're making a "Dark Fantasy RPG" that explicitly isn't Sekiro.

SEKIRO IS NOT SOULS LIKE

Sekiro is like a better Nioh

But it is though.

bloodborne 2 is gonna happen though

Sekiro is not Nioh

It's supposed to be a Tenchu successor

>No character customization
>No armor
>No leveling
>No co-op
>No invasions
>Only one primary weapon
>Direct narrative focus on your named, preset main character

It's a straight Action game, with some Stealth elements. It's dropped the majority of the trappings of Souls games.

>Duuuurrrrrrrr PSO is a Soniclike cause made by Sonic Team

The thing that makes a Souls game a Souls game is the way levels are designed, focus on bosses and the combat being punishing.

so DMC is a souls game?

>the combat being punishing.
You, uh, respawn in the same place when you die with no items lost, in Sekiro.

>DMC having Soulslike level design
What drugs are you on?
And? It's still the most challenging Souls game to date going off those who have played it.

They probably think Monster Hunter is a Souls game

Fuck off retard

>the way the levels are designed
Linear with a few branching paths?
>focus on bosses
Souls didn't invent hard bosses, nor does it even focus on them
>combat being punishing
Not souls exclusive. You may have had an argument if it was heavy, stamina, roll-based combat, but neither of those are longer true.

>dark souls 1
>non-linear level design

>DMC1
>non-linear level design

sounds like souls to me

>non-linearity defines Souls level design
Have you ever played a Souls game? Souls level design is metroidvania through and through, practically a 3D SotN. Would you consider DMC1 to be a metroidvania?

Someone change that box art to be YOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

Attached: 1362593629191.png (298x290, 5K)

Whine more pissbabies

>level up stats
>find powerups and items

sounds like a metroidvania to me

What a comback, get fucking rekt anons, how will they recover?!

Attached: 1549677144181.png (289x289, 192K)

Actually now I want a dramatic reading of the Boku copypasta except every time they say yooooo it's replaced by this sound.

I sure do love my favourite metroidvania, Skyrim.

I feel great shitposting potential in this copypasta. You guys could use it in another games tho

glad you agree with me

>no argument
blow it out your ass, faggot. Nioh 2 is THAT way.

>Souls level design is metroidvania through and through
Since when?
The only "power unlock to progress" you get is like the Lordvessel, and that barely even counts
Everything else is just keys and killing bosses, that's literally it, there's nothing metroidvania about it

You are reddit

You are correct

>Nioh 2 is THAT way.
Where?

Get fucked by R Kelly you piss soaked pussy

Yes. Soulbabies are seething so hard they ACTUALLY think Miyazaki isn't a one trick pony. Anyone with half a brain could tell from the previews that this is the same shit different skin.

Because getting powers would make no sense in Dark Souls, is your character going to sprout wings all of a sudden? Or how about be able to turn into a small rolling ball? They're replaced with items instead, such as keys.

What Metroidvania lets you sprout wings?

Hollow Knight.

The point of metroidvania powers is that they give you functionality you use during the game, it just ALSO unlocks a path somewhere else on the map to progress

Keys are literally a piece of text in your menu, nothing else, that's nothing like metroidvania

Look, I love Souls games too, but don't come up with things that aren't in them for no good reason other than to prove some random user wrong

The overall point is that Sekiro is clearly a Soulslike and anyone arguing otherwise is a moron. It's not Dark Souls 4, it's not Bloodborne 2 but it is a Soulslike.

Sure, considering how nondiscriptive "Soulslike" is, Sekiro can definitely be a soulslike

Oh, that makes sense. I assume they're bug wings or something though, I was imagining like something with angel wings. That'd be a cool power up in a game.

I think it's clear what a Soulslike is, Nioh, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, etc. all have a similar feel to their combat, the level design and so on. As long as you fit within the mold of those games, I'd consider it to be a Soulslike.
People compare Dark Souls and Monster Hunter combat all the time but they're not remotely alike in combat apart from having to commit to attacks, and that can be said about a ridiculous amount of games. all the

They're referred to as ethereal wings and look, well, ethereal so they're definitely not bug wings.

Ah. That might be neat then. I'll check it out.

Hollow Knight is definitely worth the purchase, despite what the occasional Yea Forums contrarian says. If you enjoy Metroidvanias you'll love it, if you enjoy Souls lore you'll love it even more due to the storytelling being very similar in the way that it's told.

>all the-
a-user, are you still there? user?!

I know what you mean, but considering how different those aspects of those games are, you can just call it a "stamina based strategic action RPG" and no one would be the wiser, except that Sekiro doesn't have stamina now so I don't know

It has stamina in the form of the new attack bar, whatever that's called. Considering the focus is taken away from dodging it makes to replace it with something new, it still restricts the amount of attacks you can dish out and the amount of blocks you can perform which are central to the combat, rather than rolling like a dung beetle's dung.

Posture is not stamina, it doesn't restrict attacks nor dodging and makes the game much more offensive focused as enemies can regain posture and enemy HP is mostly negligible

Posture doesn't really restrict you, sure it dictates how much you need/can attack, but that's about it, avoiding attacks doesn't cost anything but timing, be it via jumps, dodges or just running

Momodora

From all gameplay footage I see it has the same combat flow and exploration as souls but with an added stealth element and jump, unless everyone is playing it wrong.

Well I have no idea how anyone would be able to determine that people are playing it wrong considering it's not out yet.

>dead system
It's good of you to let everyone know how retarded you are up front

Damn, what the fuck? I just looked at the system requirements for Sekiro and it actually says my Phenom II is okay. Every time a game has that SSE error on Phenom II there's always some smug prick that's like "Just upgrade bro :) your CPU is ten years old bro :) I'm a corporate bootlicker bro :)" and I ask you, why the fuck should I upgrade if a new game released in 2019 still supports my CPU? Frankly, fuck you. All these games with their $100 season passes and you have the audacity to tell me I need to upgrade my computer on top of that. You can suck my dick. Or cock.

>dead system

I’m too lazy but can someone post some numbers outlining how PS4 is basically single handedly carrying this entire gen with its solid exclusives and sales and if it wasn’t for consoles there would be no market and just FPS games from 2007 and shitty fucking indie games. God fucking dammit.

Thread should have ended here

>unless everyone is playing it wrong.
I mean it's not out, and not like there's a "wrong" way to play it.
You can play it a boring way, which is a whole different thing, but then again you can always stroll through the entirety of DaS1 with a Havel's shield and that wouldn't be "wrong"

>its solid exclusives

Attached: 1527588892599.jpg (555x800, 41K)

One thing about combat that I'm not liking is this pausing to go into a menu and changing sword skills in # this video.

Honestly? That's the one game you'll ever need, worth a thousand switches.

I hate to be this guy, but i don't the way it looks. I really fucking want to like it but it just looks too different from a souls game. No player messages is really turning me off too

Isn't being different an important thing? Shows they're not just a one trick pony, they can actually make different games. I do wish I could play as a girl but his hair is kind of girly so I guess I'll get used to it.

Why no online at all though?

>it's better like that so they could focus more on the singleplayer!!!

Oh fuck off. Dark Souls having online didn't hinder it's amazing singleplayer experience. It only added to its longevity and cult status.

The gameplay to this looks fun, but the absolute lack of any kind of meaningful customization to your weapon or appearence and online make it a bargain bin purchase for me.

I hate to be this guy too, but id be perfectly complacent with a samurai copy paste of DS3 with new maps and bosses