Name a more incompetent dev company. I'll wait

name a more incompetent dev company. I'll wait

Attached: ArenaNet_Logo-1030x554.jpg (1030x554, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUe64FtLs3U&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1474956812613.png (200x200, 7K)

Bioware.

Attached: pTI1cSx4_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13K)

NCsoft as a whole, also Sony Online Entertainment (which is now Daybreak Studios I think?)

Blizzard

Attached: SYimBSbR_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

/thread

Attached: EA.jpg (1200x627, 51K)

They've always been incompetent, but they're so fucking horrible but get away with literally everything.

Attached: 1527215334942.png (940x528, 44K)

But I just bought GW2 after playing for free for a couple weeks... What's wrong with ArenaNet?

They're not incompetent but I hate them for what they did to dead cells.

Attached: Motion-Twin.png (400x400, 23K)

>dev company

>hire SJWs
>game stagnates
>are forced to fire said SJWs after they insult the community and are a general burden on the team

End of thread

Attached: Digital_Homicide_Studios.png (519x192, 52K)

Games in maint mode user. You might be getting 1 or two content patche left. They just fired most of the team last month

Asset flippers don't count.

Shit right, sorry for being retarded

Honestly, i do believe they are the worst.
And they are still going, even after all those years of failing. They still keep fucking up.
Crash and burn when

I gave them the benefit of the doubt when they were saying funcom was making all the bad decisions
now they fuck up like this
fuck them, fuck them for taking my money and trust and just flushing it down the drain, greedy fuckers

The fuck are you talking about? This game has the fastest content output in the industry and its free as long as you login

Attached: 1535844215412.png (278x272, 101K)

i give them props for still taking "we know better" position after falling in the shit puddle and swimming in it for 3 years.
They really have the guts

I thought firing SJWs was a good thing? How is it bad if they've learned their lesson, even if it was the hard way?

The damage is done though.
We'll have to wait and see if they can recover.

Jessica Price is actually a superior SJW. She was so absolutely insuferable that not even SJWs could tolerate her.

Well, I'll take your word for it. From my perspective, the leap from Season 3 to Path of Fire is astronomically great, so now I'm nervous about completing PoF and moving on to S4...

Wasn't it that they had several unrevealed projects in development hell, and then officially announced they were cancelled while letting off all the people working on them? That's not going to shut down Guild Wars.

It is a good thing, people are just fucking salty because they added in WvW mounts and they think it's going to kill the game.

It's not a hard thing to achieve and FORCES ALL TYPES OF players to play WvW to get the mount for at least a reward track which is what WvW fucking needed anyway. Everyone complains for ages about how stagnant WvW is and then cries when a solid solution to consistently bring in new accounts to at least TRY WvW. Which we all know is a really huge problem for sPVP and WvW, PvErs do not and don't have to touch those modes ever.

As far as ArenaNet firing a massive amount of people, good riddance, the game has had such awful cringey shit the past few years I'm so excited for the hire of new fresh brains to breathe fresh life into a across the board stagnant game.

They've been delaying content for a while for that exact reason. I don't have hope that there will be anything after the next ls chapter.

The pulled half the people off gw2 tho. If they were planning on ramping gw2 Dev back up, they would have just moved them back. Enjoy your gemstore costumes

this
gamefreak literally only exists because they had their asses saved by iwata
they CANNOT optimize

I know you're not optimistic, but I can only play for about an hour or so a day, which means me going through the content is going to take a while. I'm rather comfortable, then, with "waiting" to see what happens next, and I'm going to hope for the best.

Attached: 1464841668178.png (809x829, 1018K)

>They literally cry about it being five times harder developing for the Switch than the 3DS
How can one dev literally be this hilariously inept and incompetent

Attached: 1523473469031.png (800x840, 503K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MUe64FtLs3U&t=1s

Attached: Spike_Chunsoft_logo.png (761x131, 33K)

Game stagnated way before this SJWs shit came along. Do you people even play this game?

Yeah.
My favorite character is Rox.

I've played it a lot, and Yea Forums threads are full of people who have never touched it. Game is far from mantienance mode since all they did was axe extra projects, and SJW shit in the game has always been pretty fucking minimal compared to any other game to come out this day and age.

The game suffers from having no clear direction or goal for what they wanted it to be so they just threw shit at a wall for years with only random things sticking. People who claim it's because of SJW's or that the game are dead haven't played it at all.

This. I've stopped bothering discussing GW2 on Yea Forums because everyone here only played it at launch and still shit at it with those same old critiques.

The game is still flawed, but it's in a much better place than it was when it was first released.

Then you have fucking shit taste and therefore invalid. The story of HoT fucking sucked in introducing the new guild characters however SJW you find it

The thing is everyone whines about SJWs but nobody fucking talks about the decaying mechanics. Specializations is almost P2W at this point, especially in Spvp and WvW. Achievement points are getting too grindy and a lot of WvW and Spvp have no real improvements or additional game modes. GW2 is stagnating for a long time but everyone just want to talk about SJW shit and blame the latter for the massive layoff, not the fact that it is a 7 year old game going fucking nowhere

>rox
>The character who hasn't done anything or said anything noteworthy in years
Brah

Like I said I've literally just started Path of Fire, I thought she would still have a roll, please don't bully me for things I don't know.

My second-favorite character is Braham.

My bad but the last noteworthy thing rox ever did was watchover braham during his moments of angst. She still has dialogue but the thing is you could take her out of the story and literally nothing would change

The fact that you even have a favorite character in GW2 means you are doing it very wrong.

There is not a single good character in that entire game, especially not in the expansions.

>There is not a single good character in that entire game
This

But Scarlet was dope though

You went from bad to worst

Bruh it's pay once and it's done, it's not like I'm on WoW ERPing in Goldshire and forking over $15 a month. Why can't I be a goober and enjoy goofing off in not!Africa on a dinosaur as a giant cat man? It's like you don't know how to have fun.

>First GW was a shitshow of Morello and Izzy
>Morello goes to league, Izzy still onboard
>No one responsible for one of the few remotely decent PvP design choices is onboard when GW2 launches
wew were people fucking surprised with that game, it was fun watching Izzy bitch and repeatedly get raped by rangers though.

Attached: Dead.jpg (641x478, 187K)

Enjoying the gameplay and enjoying the story/characters are very different thing.

The gameplay in GW2 can be really fun, but the writing is objectively trash.

>relies on their golden child runescape to keep the company alive
>any other jagex game dies within 6 months of inception
>even managed to kill runescape more than once
>reddit runs their game for them anyway

Attached: Jagex-jpeg.jpg (3274x994, 378K)

Okay, if you're looking for a deep, psychological story from a freakin' MMO instead of a cheesy, over-the-top one, maybe you're the problem. I'm surprised you can type with your head so far up your butt after your Kubrik film class.

it hurts

>fucked up everquest IP and let wow take the spotlight from them
>fucked up dc online allowing it to fall into irrelevancy
>fucked up planetside IP and now shelling out a battleroyal cash grab
>turned h1z1 from a zombie survival to a battle royal chasing trends
Nothing beats them

Attached: 4EE774F4-8E5F-4F3A-9B62-28115DC00B7A-701-000001D0DA148EF0.jpg (800x459, 29K)

It being an MMO doesn't exempt it from any criticism concerning it's writing. GW2 is tumbl fanfic level bad, and it being "cheesy" doesn't mean that you should just willing eat all the shit they are shovelling in your face.

Nah man, you're looking at it the wrong way. Have you ever playing Kingdoms of Amalur? It's the same deal, the writing is genuinely awful, the VAs are bad, and the "twist" is corny, but because it's not taking itself too seriously you're able to roll along for the ride and go, "Alright, how are things going to get worse?" It's watching Flash Gordon.

Now, compare that to World of Warcraft, which had a clearly defined and obvious direction for its story that has repeatedly pooped the bed in its attempt to be "deep", "gripping", and "mature". It's ridiculous! That's more akin to watching Lord of the Rings, and then being handed The Hobbit.

You shouldn't be snooty all the time, not when you can actively poke fun at the content. If people were serious 100% of the time, WH40K would be incredibly boring.

Bruh, I have played a shit ton of games to come out over the years. COnsidering this board jerks off FFXIV as "amazing" means that GW2 writing is at least "Great" should that be the standard.

They had their plot with world devouring magic eaters and how they have to die/the world dies if they are gone, so they're fucked no matter what. They come up with twists and spins to force all sorts of fun Drama around that concept, but they stick to it. They have side plots and how they might tie back into the dragons, Joko for example is one of the funnest villains I've seen written in any game in years now, but they at least have their core focus.

Seriously though, the game isn't high fiction, but the cast is fun, the story is neat, and the twists like Aurene's Death keep the game fun and interesting. If you want some REAL salt, then I would go so far as to say its more enjoyable and better written than GW1, with no twists on nearly the level of fucking stupidity that was Abbaddon.

Attached: blaze_by_h1fey-d89unjz.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

Scarlett was literally an OCdonutsteel.

Speaking of GW1:
>ninja is mad for no reason and turns everyone to jade
>literally OW THE EDGE character straight off of a DeviantArt page
Yet somehow Balthazar being an asshole is considered "bad" despite him being always portrayed as a dick.

nice generic /pol/ tier talking point
>MUH SJWS!!!!!!!
fucking cringe hoyl shit

if you know them, then you agree.

Attached: latest[1].gif (320x200, 10K)

they have some good people, like the ones who created the mounts
but the writers all need to be fired, everything good about this setting has gone to complete waste under them and the world-building is an absolute failure. Yet worse still are the characters where you have strong concepts like pic related for example which go absolutely nowhere at all.

Attached: eir3.jpg (582x900, 82K)

Right? His opening depiction was him carrying his own father's severed head with him, and his defining event in-game was getting into a war with his half-brother. Dude was a war mongering dick from day one, people just keep saying that Honor was meant to be a big part of his character too, but no action he ever took ever reflected that. It was all preach and no practice.

Best part is I'm not even writing him off yet, Anet said the human gods have a lot more story left to go and Lyssa is active behind the scenes supporting Balthazar. There is no doubt a ton of "muh god stuff that we won't explain to mortals" shit they have going on in GW2 like they did in GW1 that will put a lot more of their extreme actions into context.

Lyssa is banging Balthazar. No doubt about it.

But anyways being serious, there are things that can be looked at objectively. The soundtrack is good in some part, generic in others, and it's a pain that Soule isn't involved. The lack of combinations is both good and bad, just like how WvW is restrictive in gear; on one hand, it forces everyone on the same playing field so different options of playstyle are available (the sheer difference between Druid and Soulbeast, for example), though it came at the cost of losing abilities and combinations that completely breaking the game mechanically like GW1 had.

There's some good and there's some bad, but I enjoy it, and I hope others can, too.

Yeah, I agree on that. I'm not going to die on a hill calling the game polished gold or anything magical, but the game does have a lot of good going on for it that makes it a fun time to play and follow. The music is great and the maps/environments are amazing, but their game balance is slow and not very good at all.

It is completely free to max level to trial the game so I guess nobody here needs to take anyone elses word for it, but all the same. So long as Anons can find games they enjoy playing and make informed calls about those games, life will be good.

Attached: balthazar___wallpaper__1440p____giveaway__gems___by_h1fey-dbkkv93.jpg (1191x670, 235K)

The quaggan are adorable and must be protected at all costs.

Attached: B4rrK9ACEAEapgA[1].jpg (1200x750, 81K)

that a flaccid penis in the logo?
the fuck??

Playable race when?

Friendly reminder that Eye of the North was a product of the Guild Wars 2 initiative, as its existence is meant to bridge GW1 to GW2. Meaning the cancerous tumor was already beginning to form, despite it being an expansion to GW1, introducing Sylvari, Norns, Bookas, Golems and all that gay shit. Please do not have nostalgia for this expansion.

Attached: gw051.jpg (1908x1026, 645K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Every single "cute" race in this game is eye-curdlingly hideous. From the rat people to anthropomorphic manatees to pseudo-sentient cactus monsters, every last one of them are ugly little fucks and the game never acts any differently.

They're all fucking great.

Attached: dims.jpg (530x340, 31K)

eh, factions was shit though. Killed off actual combat ranks and body blocking with teleporting shadowstep nonsense, and was power creeped to all hell and back.

Fuck shadow form.