What is your honest opinion about Reversal Edge in Soul Calibur 6? When did Soul Calibur ever need it?

What is your honest opinion about Reversal Edge in Soul Calibur 6? When did Soul Calibur ever need it?

Please give us more than just "SiDe StEp iT" or "A pLuS B".

Attached: RER.jpg (1578x1122, 494K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1l8P6YyiNGs?t=478
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i think its a good concept but it needs to be changed to only one quick round and should lose to grabs

No opinion. It just sucks.

i think its a fine mechanic. i think its a fucking awful universal mechanic. especially when some of the characters that need it least get the best shit from it. and unga characters like raph and talim cant feint it or have special properties

It's not that i have a huge problem with it but i agree that it slows the game down to the point that it gets really boring.

yeah it fucks with the pacing a lot but its also a pretty major balance issue. its an instant, auto, parry literally everything button. and whether your character has 10 frame moves out the ass or your fastest one is 14, you get it. everyone gets it. thats retarded.

Yup. I agree with user though. I wish that RE could lose to grabs and maybe lows too

It's fucking stupid because it shuts off certain mixups entirely

yeah something besides stepping should beat it because you can step after a hit fast enough to escape. it also gives the initiator way too much meter as well as damage and escaping pressure. its stupid.

It never needed RE. No fighting game should have a mechanic like this. Why didn't they just make a Special Versus like in previous games where you could RE all day while us who want to take it more seriously could play regular versus without this shit ass mechanic. Fuck RE

Attached: curses.jpg (354x256, 17K)

This guy gets it.

on top of all the other issues, the person that initiates the RE can guess win/draw/lose on the first round, and win/win/lose on the second. thats absolutely fucking monged. no one ever uses block or step because blocking absolutely fucking ruins your guard meter and stepping adds a layer of complexity based on your characters speed of movement and the tracking and recovery speed of the other players options that absolutely no one has time to consider

I also don't like how most critical finsihes already feel like they add minutes to the matches and if someone K.O.s you with them you have to sit and wait for another fucking cutscene just to listen to them spout some bullshit. At least let us skip them!!

youtu.be/1l8P6YyiNGs?t=478

Aris's understanding of the system at that time doesn't seem to cover how much guard meter damage blocking the RE mix up causes or the insane amount of meter you get from spamming RE or how unlike GI, the initiator absolutely has the advantage in that there's only 1 bad guess out of 3 for them. Tie breaker automatically goes to the initiator the second time round.

I'd rather remove Azwel

Aris doesnt even play the game what the fuck does that retard know? He played for 3 days and went back to dickriding Kekken 7

hes a former world champ of SC 2. he knows more about SC than you ever will.

no one gives a shit about the NA SC scene lmao shut up

>SC2
That game came out almost two decades ago. SC has changed. Aris doesn't play fucking anything but Tekken.
>Meanwhile at EVO nobody uses RE

Also
>NA
>Soulcalibur
LMAO
M
A
O

Effective at what it was supposed to do, which is to help new players who aren't familiar with the hundreds of strings in the game deal with people mashing buttons and doing unga bunga pressure, but drops off in usefulness a lot as your skill level climbs. There's a lot of different ways to blow it up:
>sidestep
>guardbread/UB
>drop your string early
>use RE-safe moves/strings

The bad thing about it is that it takes too long to play out. It should take like 1-3 seconds instead of 5-8.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor annoyance in an otherwise excellent game, comparable to YRC or Danger Time in Xrd. Not enough to stop the game from being great.

>>Meanwhile at EVO nobody uses RE

if that were true it would be the same game as SC2 just with meter added.

the year aris won the world finals it was held in france and he beat DTN, the reigning EVO champ in grand finals. world finals btw, not NA. also the EVO japan champ this year was french

Annoying, but not enough to stop SCVI from being the best SC.
>best variety of character playstyles
>best character balance
>lethal hits

Everything in this game was clearly designed with RE in mind, though. 2B's AGR stance springs immediately to mind.

>no one ever uses block or step
Top level players actually do it pretty often.

>Reversal Edge in Soul Calibur 6?
Just asking is Reversal Edge like a power move or something. Because honestly I have done Soul Calibur 2,3 and the one with Darth Vader. And I have only got to where your Armour breaks down. Is this new or something? And have they brought back the Soul Calibur 2 maybe even 3 style of Story/Campaign modes?

I don't play fighting games for le cinematic experience
get rid of RE and CE so I can just duke it out with wifi shitters without having to think about when they're gonna use their retard pause button move

yeah the single player content in this one is way better than 4. you create a character and play a choose your own adventure thing. theres other story driven SP modes but thats the more fleshed out one

this

>yeah the single player content in this one is way better than 4. you create a character and play a choose your own adventure thing.
Hmmm this has got me interested. Not saying shit on anyone else but in 2 & 3 that was what I loved about them. The choose your own adventure shit. When they did that shitty tower thing in 4 and maybe 5. That is when it all went to shit.

OP here. Don't worry. SC6 is a great game and i love it and i can definitely recommend it if you loved 2 and 3.

Attached: lennyapprove.png (748x498, 735K)

>best character balance
Leld. I stopped playing it before the patches went in, because people who were balancing it are literal cretins. How the fuck could you create something like original Azwel and still think it's fine? Absurd.

What a useless diaper post

The patches and nerfs are given out in the wrong places if you ask me but even i thought that Azwels nerfs were too much sometime.

i mean *buffs and ners are given out in the wrong places

//sorry 'bout that

>No arguments except "But Aris said..."
Shut up bitch buy a t-shirt and fuck off.