Dmc 5

OK so how do I use exceed?
To I have to time pressing exceed button the same time as I press melee or do I hold the button the whole time to charge?

Attached: IMG_20190310_003928.jpg (2151x1758, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B0xPR7CLtY8
youtu.be/vwFNnz29VFk?t=188
strawpoll.me/17578611
youtube.com/watch?v=-cyalUKxxZs
youtube.com/watch?v=jHPAnj_Lcbo&feature=youtu.be&t=160
youtube.com/watch?v=TA0msbkkEDo
youtube.com/watch?v=G8ajxAHvQWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w
youtu.be/sdluwWZ39zs
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xR8tTOL6Yi8
youtube.com/watch?v=xR8tTOL6Yi8
twitter.com/greenbrimhat/status/1104535789323587584
youtube.com/watch?v=1FESSpGCNJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You press it slightly after you press melee, it's not that hard
The real shit is timing both rev and punch

i think the skill list says to do it just after an attack connects, but each move of nero's (and their exceed counterparts) has a particular timing for exACT that you need to learn. to start, just use nero's basic vertical swing you press the attack button and figure out what its exACT timing is.

So I can charge it every time I press melee button theoretically ?

Pull the trigger whenever the "meat" of a melee attack hits the enemy.
Otherwise, pull that shit repeatedly while sprinting to the next fight.

Press it before impact, not melee

>just use nero's basic vertical swing you press the attack button
just use nero's basic vertical swing that you get you press the attack button*
it's at some particular point in the animation of the swing, about 85% of the way through the animation.

How do I get bud with V

Griffon is the sleeper hit of this fucking game.

I love that shit talking chicken

Attached: D1PabaHWsAEZMIr.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

how long is this game actually?

Attached: 1546657826394.jpg (720x720, 216K)

yes

Around 10 hours

8 hours if you've played before tops.

Reminder that Patty is completely legal now.

Like 8 hours

Attached: SCHUM.jpg (698x760, 129K)

WHY THE LITERAL FUCK CANT YOU CHANGE BETWEEN THE ARMS
WHICH RETRADED FAGGOTS IDEA WAS THIS?

yes

>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=B0xPR7CLtY8

Attached: FUCK YOU!.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

They aren't demons, they are nightmares right? So is Griffon just V with no filter?

this
I can't believe there aren't more people complaining about this shit

Why do you use my thread to get through your question?

My first playthrough is 10 hours
Felt like a long tutorial, the last mission alone add like 10 moves and 2 new mechanics

Tomboy best arm desu

Took me 14 hours with lots of dying to bosses. 20 missions total, with some being just bosses. Now I'm replaying on Son of Sparda and I'm having even more fun than before.

wasn't this epic though?

how do I get all the three bars charged? is it just a matter of perfect timing? it's rarely all three for me

I love him

Attached: 1552174121678.jpg (1049x1200, 118K)

Use auto and smash every 3 button

If you're rushing through, 8 hours
I took my time and ended at about 11 hours, going to do SoS, DMD and eventually bloody palace so god knows how many hours I'm gonna get

Yes, you can charge every single sword attack, theoretically.
General rule I've heard back in DMC4, is to start pressing exceed at the same time Nero yells out something when attacking. Some attacks have longer windups like streak, so it's not always the same for everything if you go by time alone. Generally you just memorize the timing for each attack after a while.

Attached: tumblr_nixbnvVsoq1qb0wv3o3_500.gif (500x240, 1.36M)

you just need to tap the exceed button at a certain point in the animation
here is some of the timings from 4, they might be a little different in 5 youtu.be/vwFNnz29VFk?t=188
with Split, press exceed as soon as Nero hits the ground
try practicing it with just the first slash of the normal ground combo and also during his air taunt

Attached: Du3EBZjU8AEQNSY.jpg (1024x819, 116K)

>is it just a matter of perfect timing
Yes. Nero is the most fun desu

Attached: PMDT.gif (538x466, 155K)

You need Max Act then perfect timing on the rev. It's like Royal Guard, you have the window for a regular use and a frame perfect one nested together.

strawpoll.me/17578611
strawpoll.me/17578611
strawpoll.me/17578611

Even tighter timing, yes. Assuming you bought the ability

Jesus, you can order them yourself before any mission. After your first playthrough you can plan how you want to use them with foreknowledge.

I totally get why you want to use them as you like. But Nero not playing like Dante is cool, man.

They are nightmares of Vergil when he was Nelo Angelo.

Meaning they are copies from his mind of what those demons were when he spent time around them

once you get the skill and timing to max ex in one button its pretty rewarding.

youtube.com/watch?v=-cyalUKxxZs

So is mission 15 the only time you can actually fight next to people? I didn't notice the cameo system at all, it felt like 99% of the time I was to busy fighting to see them and they were far away.

Attached: jackpot.jpg (2048x1152, 391K)

>Having less choices is a feature!

>the name of it's powerup move is One Night Stand

Attached: 1536634426640.jpg (542x422, 98K)

>defending shit design
absolute state of dmcfags
I bet you think Vergil's hair looks fine too

thanks anons, it's tough though;
can people actually pull this off consistently or is it usually just one bar?

>implying DUDE is gonna calm daddy's boy down
Daddy's gonna get his ass kicked

What everyone else is saying but also make sure to buy the exceed upgrade too

So when you accidentally time your trigger pull PERFECTLY, you occasionally get an immediate full Exceed Meter. It happens enough to make it really worthwhile

tfw no balrog or faust boss

Mission 13 too.
The entire system is irrelevant. Hope Bloody palace will be co op.

I wonder if that means that original Griffon made fun of Vergil for being a dork too.

No. V is actual part of Vergil, while Griffon and others are just Vergil's traumas as Angelo that he projected as DMC1's bosses. Which is why they don't disappear when V and Urizen go back into Vergil.

The entire point of them not being changeable without the pasta breaker is to encourage you to use breakage with them.
If the only to change it is to lose it you don't feel as bad about using the move you can only use once.

>dante is the only character i care about playing because of his variety
>you get like half of the game as him tops

Attached: 1546277006974.jpg (1007x565, 80K)

>No balrog fight
That's the real disappointment. His move set is so good I can only imagine how fun it'd be to fight a 1v1 against him. Unless it's just a standard demon like Beowulf was.

What does danted "Qaudruple S" Skill do?
You can already go into sin trigger with RB and the description looks like it might be a mistranslation?

I know they added a bunch of arms but goddamnit I cant help but use the buster arm. It never gets old

Attached: 1496954326386.png (396x425, 355K)

>when you haven't played a DMC game for a literal decade and a half and the first boss destroys you

Attached: 1512797975804.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Literally every new male character in the DMC series is edgier than the last. Even the old characters are made less edgy over time by turning them into boomers.

...I fucking love it.

Attached: dtkzrr85ssk21.png (2619x1400, 3.16M)

there were at least 3 missions earlier than that with the cameo system, one of which you actually fight side by side with someone while the other two you can see them fighting in the distance.

wait, hod do you do Dante's combo at 2:40?
youtube.com/watch?v=jHPAnj_Lcbo&feature=youtu.be&t=160

Predictions/hopes for DMC6?
>I think Dante and Vergil will be out of it, with luck we'll see more Kyrie, Morrison and Patty
>Trish and Lady are trying to mold Nero into the type of Devil Hunter they want, conflict.
>Nero rescues a summoner who wants to help a slightly older Nero but has to prove their value to themself and him,
>A demon from Vergil's book is the villain, Nero tries to stop it from rising but that hastiness ends up casuing it to rise. Not exactly his fault, it probably would anyway, but he has to deal with it now and feel responsible
>More no-boss weapons as bosses
>Nico goes full lesbian and gets with the summoner girl

WTF WHY CAN'T I CONTROL HOW THE ENEMIES AND BOSSES ACT WOOOOOOOW GREAT GAME DESIGN TAKING CONTROL AWAY FROM THE PLAYER

The point is so you have to adapt and made do with what you have you retards.

>Even before DMC5 Itsuno could just chad stride into his boss' office and demand money to make games

>DMC5 seemingly on its way to become a major seller

>In the future Itsuno won't even have to ask, they will ask him to make take money and make something with it instead

Attached: 1528745064386.jpg (381x722, 43K)

Post yfw Vergil's "prepare to die" jet plane attack.

Attached: 1486949974320.jpg (854x859, 372K)

>His move set is so good I can only imagine how fun it'd be to fight a 1v1 against him.

Attached: 1546978072857.png (399x396, 275K)

>die during one of the mission bosses
>choose to revive
>feel insanely guilty for the rest of the run

I'm never using revive again. This feeling is horrible.

Attached: tyDHwn8.png (248x255, 132K)

>tfw Nero is your favorite
I like Dante but something about Exceed and his arm is so much fun. I like his gun more too.

Attached: Nero walk.jpg (600x600, 179K)

Final sword master unlock.

>wasn't this epic though?
No, it was Dismal.

You have to be triple SSS when you pop it, and you go to SSSS. No idea what that achieves though.

I assume it is exactly what the name says?

A move that, when pulled off correctly, makes you go one rank above SSS

is that not just the usual back circle combo in swordmaster?

>Dante no, how could you give your own brother the Faust Hat!

Attached: 20190309154608_1.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

thanks

Not really sure what they were thinking with that honestly, it was kind of an odd choice.

Based Itsuno

>play dmc 4 like 10 years ago
>wtf why does this game look so good?
>play DMC 5 today
>wtf why does this game look so good?
how do they keep doing it?

>Istuno was moved to tears when the crowd went completely apeshit during the reveal

Best boy

Don't feel bad about it on your first run through, they hand out gold orbs like crazy. Whenever it feels right to just get it over with is just fine
Replaying though, you better not even think about that shit.

>still no footage of people playing hell or hell mode
well guess this game is too hard even for hardcores

Swordmaster lv4
RB+back+O for Sparda and Rebellion, RB+back to forward+O for Dante

I only revive mid mission.
Took me like 15 tries to beat Vergil because I insisted on doing it in one go.

This
Aboslute swag mode

What I was thinking instead is it would be cool if we could fight this jet dragon in MHW

Collab WHEN

Attached: 1552175090666.png (1800x967, 1.02M)

Yes, it literally is a feature.
Nero isn't Dante. Devil Breakers are unique in DMC because they are expendable. You have to use them carefully. You have to choose when to lose them, because you don't have an infinite amount. You can't switch them because you have to lose one to switch. This is by design.
I guess i didn't need to say any of this since obviously you are aware of it, but my point is they didn't do this to just be retarded. They wanted to make Nero more unique, and I'm glad they did. They added utility to what in dmc4 was basically a two function button. It's function is now greatly expanded, but limited, except it is limited in a meaningful way.
I really like it.

This new continue system was kinda weird.

Welcome to 2k19.
Shittiest time to be Dantefag.

Attached: 1529369267846.png (2041x2794, 1.83M)

Just wait a few more days.

DMC 0: A Sparda musou game

But the more likely turn of events is Capcom happy with DMC 5 sales make DMC remakes in chronological order so normalfags can get into the series.

Attached: 1552149295347.png (604x866, 974K)

>Morrison gameplay

Attached: Wanted_Weapons_of_Fate_Cover.jpg (278x359, 44K)

>THIS GAME DOES NOT PROMOTE SMOKING OR THE USE OF CIGARETTES

is this seriously the depths we've plummeted to, you can't have a chain smoking character without this sort of bullshit intruding onto your story?

>Don't move.

Attached: 1545160024768.jpg (720x720, 81K)

15 tries at Vergil and counting
fuck I'm old and bad

Kek

Thy're outward manifestations of Vergil's corruption/nightmares from being Nelo Angelo, charged with protecting V, whom they simultaneously are destroying by existing.

it's comedic

>feel guilty using gold orbs
>feel guilty watching Dante slump to the floor and die

I don't know which one makes me feel worse

Attached: download (1).jpg (241x209, 10K)

I laughed every time, I imagine Vergil had the line planned out in his head and was thinking that it cool.

It's a joke, robot-kun

I used red orbs to revive the one time I did, but I just redid the bosses I lost to later.

I also redid Vergil until I got it in one go. Would have felt bad if I cheesed it with revives.

Honestly I don't understand how to avoid the summon swords he puts around you when he starts that attack. So I eventually just tried doing Royal Release on him when he was passing through. Not only did it hit him, it got him out of DT and removed the summon swords. I don't know if this was the intended way of doing it, but it was the only way I managed to beat him.

DANTE YOU RAT

This is why I started playing grand-strategy games.

>beat Vergil by jumping around and spamming Round Trip

I wish I was actually good at the game so I could use other weapons against him.

what do we think of the ending

>OH, BROTHER.
>YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME FOR IT.
>IT HELPS WITH HIDING... THAT, PROBLEM OF YOURS.

Attached: 1551760069104.png (371x416, 150K)

Sin Devil Trigger is fucking rad and I'll explode all Japan if Vergil doesn't have it when he eventually because playable

Other than coop bloody palace how about including the cameo system. For example, you are fighting demons on your platform, but some distance you see a different player fighting on their platform.

A Sparda game would be great. Mundus can come back and it not be an asspull, Beowulf's origin, etc.

I'd rather have 18 year old Patty using Dante's old weapons desu. Like, she learned from him, maybe now she's just trying to go to hell to save her friend and the gang needs to keep her from essentially going on a suicide mission.

>Get bored of DMC4 because as a teenager I just mashed Devil Bringer
>DMC5 Nero is a lot more fun because I have to mix it up with his arms instead
>Beat the final mission and just gorilla mash with Devil Bringer again as an adult

i really want the game but never played one of the past games

11 hours just progressing the story and watching a cutscene

Aerial Rave or Rainstorm

kino

Aerial rave worked for me.

do I get any sort of government benefits now that I've officially been diagnosed as autistic?

is this what a strogg looks like in hd

Jump when he goes to dive, then air rave

I would argue 2k10 was the shittiest time, bud

Lock on to an enemy and press the shadow button (triangle on PS4, Y on hexbox) + back. Shadow will do a nlauncher that you can press shadows attack button again for him to start spinning. During this time I’ve been holding griffons attack button and charging lightning. I release it and the enemy is getting electrocuted and shadow lands, then I have him spear the enemy or I have him do his launcher again, then have griffon do his dive that launches the enemie and my then I can teleport to it and kill it

You can break them with attacks. Literally just jump up and gunslinger with ebony and ivory.

just after you swing. it's way easier in this game. even people who spam can get it.

My first playthrough was like 14-15 hours but I fucked around a ton too.

there's a recap video on the main menu

I have only a passing interest in Devil May Cry, but it's definitely nice that this bodes well for Dragon's Dogma 2.

Needs DLC ASAP.

Attached: GIB_DLC.jpg (811x525, 80K)

dmc4 Nero mod when?

i liked the anime boy hair more

Attached: nero_devil_may_cry_4_games_lone_male_video_hd-wallpaper-580341.jpg (800x600, 482K)

Since the game always pinned Vergil in DT against Dante's SDT, does that mean that that form is Vergil's SDT too? Does he have a lesser DT like Dante?

Attached: think.png (512x512, 28K)

>Give Nero a sick-ass DT
>Ruin it with a shitty haircut

Swing and a miss Capcom.

yeah, I'm trying to perfect Royal Guard him but guess I'll resort to Trickster and spamming Kalina Ann

Cavalier R is worth it and better than regular Cavalier solely because of the air stinger. It's a goddamn crime that regular Cavalier doesn't have that move because it's the best fucking move Cavalier has

> maybe now she's just trying to go to hell to save her friend and the gang needs to keep her from essentially going on a suicide mission.
I can see this as a joke ending if there's a DLC

DMC4 SE would probably be the best intro to the series, IMO.The story is weird and it wont make sense for a while but boy, once you get to Dante's section of the game you'll see how insane the skill ceiling is.

See the gallery in the menu. He has a normal DT concept art

I think Urizen is his SDT

Get the HD collection.

Yes

>Vergil (inteligente calvo)

Maybe it's possible to swap that Inuyasha hairstyle with some of the other characters through mods.

So you’re not arm switching between your best arms and not expending them. If you could cycle arms you’d never actually break them, ruining Nero’s core mechanic of resource management and expenditure. The reason you’re not seeing more people complain about it is because it isn’t a problem.

GET A HAIRCUT HIPPIE

Attached: 250px-Soldier_of_Fortune.png (250x231, 81K)

>You can break them with attacks
Shit, I had no idea. I kept trying to guess the timing by jumping or dodging. Well, I'll kick his ass in SoS next.

I think several bosses in the game are pretty much "stand-in" bosses for weapons that we already have
Gerbera for example is made before the game begins, but Artemis feels obvious as a stand-in for "if Gerbera came from a boss" and Urizen M17 feels like what a Balrog boss would feel like because Urizen M17 is kung fu fighting with badass kicks and punches and he has this cool fighting stance.

You have no idea how hyped I was for Gilgamesh Breaker. I expected some kind of fast, snappy short range punches and a cool fully charged combo or an uppercut and instead I got...a whip.

>Think it's really cool that V's demons are DMC1 bosses
>Fight Shadow
>Psycho Siren remix starts playing
Kino

Attached: 1509735059738.png (166x205, 56K)

I mean that's a part of her arc in 6. If we're using my example of a plot, she's joining Nero and them hoping she's able to find a way to Hell. Maybe the book contains it and she steals it, fucking up the heroes trying to stop bad guy, only because she desperately wants to save Dante.

It's not sensible to design them to be hot swappable but also deny the player the capability. If Nero can just plug one the fuck in (they literally sit on his belt), why can't he swap them? Literally just b/c Dante *can*?

>oh man I wish I had D arm equipped right now
>I guess I just have to break my A,B and C arms

I would welcome a Sparda game, but not as a musou. I would want it to be regular DMC gameplay, but introducing Sparda with his own unique moveset and have him be the only playable character in the game, so that the developers can focus on making him an extremely deep character.

>does that mean that that form is Vergil's SDT too? Does he have a lesser DT like Dante?
Yes and yes.

Attached: 1552084826128.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

SELLING NUMBERS WHEN???????????

Attached: 1551895438202.jpg (350x268, 29K)

Why is V so easy to play?

Got average of B as Nero and then just constant S and SS as V, he plays like a Warlock from WoW. It's just super intuitive, I guess?

Attached: 1232314674.jpg (1024x1365, 128K)

This game has so much fucking fanservice and I love it.

My first run was something like 13 hours; I'm experienced in this genre but I was taking time to screw around with weapons and explore. It's fairly meaty for an action game.
But then you're meant to do multiple runs on harder difficulties as you unlock everything; there's some upgrades you don't even get until after the final mission.

>Nico will never design an angry Terminator programmed to smack demons around in order to retrieve Dante and Virgil in time for Kyrie's dinner

>Patty never got the Dante Dick she wanted
That needed resolution and didn't get any.

>weeb helmet
nice

And to think Yea Forums likes this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=TA0msbkkEDo

After 5 i will shill the fuck out of Itsuno. I will buy every single game he ever makes in the future, even if I'm not interested at first glance.

>WESKER AZUL CALVO

But Sparda fucked the whole hell user, he fight infinite hordes of demons, atleast make classic GOW style gameplay

Attached: SPARDA vs spurdo.jpg (536x433, 23K)

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE SPECIAL EDITION COMING

Attached: 1408557729351.jpg (600x558, 30K)

>Sparda taunts are Shakespearean and 5 minutes long
>culminating in FORNICATE THOU

V was the hardest to play for me, although that may be because I wasn't familiar with him like Nero and Dante.

who?

It's second only to MonHun on PC and that was considered a overwhelming success.
That also means it did better than REmake2 which did incredibly well.

I don't care for DD and I'll buy whatever he does from now on in that series.

Next week. Maybe Monday if the weekend sales were really spectacular. But probably friday.

There will not be SE, but there will be DLCs.

They have regular DT in the artwork for Vergil, so I guess he'll get the same mechanic as Dante, but since he uses regular Vergil moveset in Sin DT as well it might not happen like that and Sin DT is just his regular one.

I really don't like how inputs for V are based on his summon's facing. R1+forward is your summon's forward, not yours.

I might be okay with this if the camera was static, but as-is I keep losing track of them constantly.

>tfw no cute half-demon twin gfs

Attached: kkj3egjcj3l21.jpg (1080x750, 77K)

He plays different from Nero and Dante, so they didn't want to alienate people by giving them low rankings with him and turn them off from him before even understanding the character and his mechanics.

I fucking hate getting teased with a remix of the Cerberus theme and then the composers completely dropping the ball

Pretty sure he gets unanimously shat on every time someone brings him up in DMC thread.

>tfw been relying on the 1.2x multiplier to get S-ranks
Even without getting hit while frequently mixing up my attacks, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get more than 5000 style points in a fight. Does it get easier in harder difficulties where enemies are more spongey, or does the requirement for an S change?

Anyone have the concept art of what is supposed to be vergils normal DT?

Never.

It was obviously used for a joke you dunce.
Graffiti spray painted on the road and Nero constantly nagging Nico with the smoking but still lighting her cigarettes anyway.

>tfw no cute lady gf

Attached: 1552159434573.jpg (1280x1279, 302K)

SPARDAAAA

along with playable Vergil, 2029

>not learning to mix the bringer with breaker moves
Nero is a god-tier character in 5. His movelist is goddamn amazing.
>tfw bringer knuckle after you unlock DT
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

>instead of ZEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS, we hear demons going SPAAAAARRDAAAAAAAAAAAA
>sequel is just new GoW, but with two bois

DUDE
WEED LMAO

Except the breaks are cool, additional attacks you don't normally have, and also you can break to get out of hitstun. But ofc that wasn't enough, nah, we've got to FORCE it.

V’s summons inputs are based on V’s position not the summons position.

>buster arm
a patrician man of taste and class

>Nero doesn't like smoking
>still lights Nico up
I liked their dynamic.

There's a recap video on the main menu in 5, but I recommend playing DMC1, 3 and 4 (in that order) before playing 5 because all the emotional highs on peak story moments will feel hype as fuck because you've played 1, 3 and 4 and understood those characters in there and seen those arcs for yourself.

I kinda like the "hooded" concept DT, better than this. Maybe something that will be carried over to his inevitable SDT?

Attached: DT Nero.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

I don't see it as a problem when every arm is viable in every situation. Just need a different strategy for each one.

Give me webms of the knuckle! I love this attack!

Attached: 1551335575438.webm (642x362, 2.95M)

Attached: 1527692013602.jpg (428x424, 16K)

DMC4 DT looks way cooler

Attached: ul190px2bwj11.jpg (2160x3060, 554K)

That's the best part of it for me. Not only Devilman, but Onimusha too.
It's one of my favorite DT's because of it.

I do too. If they add costumes, I hope it changes to that or they can use it in a spinoff where everyone is older.

>has short alpaca hair
>gets pelo largo FF style in DT
Who thought this was good idea? Get fucking hood back!

what parts of the game made you make a soi face?
For me it's the "WHO DARES INTERFERE?" part

You’re fault for sticking yourself so inefficiently, and not knowing when to expend

Press the exceed button at the end of your swing.

Seriously? 5000 each fights is piss easy, I've been wondering if 10k isn't the git gud score

Is it possible to win any of the "unwinnable" fights and does it do anything?

>We see him kill the devil brothers Rebellion and Yamato
>Luce and Ombra are essentially groupies
>Alastor and Ifrit bosses
>Beowulf is the rival
>Mundus final boss

>You can knuckle during Punchline's surf
I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THIS. THIS CHANGES SO MUCH HOLY SHIT.

Attached: sample_1bed37c5f80eaa96bc7a325d0cc1dc23 - Copy.jpg (325x235, 35K)

I’m 90% sure they did that to say “this isn’t old Cerberus bitch”. Frenetic piece of shit dog

GOW style gameplay but with DMC depth if you look for it I would be okay with, but not a Musou.

>Balrog's Mode change is R1, Y, and Down on the stick
>It seems to be based on whatever direction Dante is facing though rather than the actual controller

I fucking hate this. And there doesn't seem to be a way to change it either. Why isn't it just L3 or something, fuck.

That's wrong though, the guy got fucking shit on every single time he uploaded a shitty cover. Pretty much everyone fucking calls it shit every time that a post was made linking to his covers.

>watching twitch
>OMG THIS IS SO CRINGE
>THE GAMEPLAY IS SHIT LUL
fuck you ironic weebs on twitch, brainlet fucks

Yeah, I'm guessing things are a lot different on higher difficulties. Can't just spam Banjo and Kazooie. I'm curious what high level play will be like given you can play a super aggressive glass canon with warping.

should i use gold orbs or just give and reset checkpoint
does your end mission bonus get fucked either way?

This is really weird since Suffer is a fucking good ass song that doesn't need to be replaced. This and Vergil 2 music are my complaints.

Huh. They keep doing the r1+back moves when I try to r1+forward. Guess I'm just confusing myself.

Back to the void I go

Literally yes. Aesthetically I get what you're complaining about but in terms of differentiating gameplay, why the fuck do you need another Dante when he already exists?

>>watching twitch

Attached: 1550896176731.jpg (243x424, 18K)

V needs desummoning on the d-pad to be decent to play with. Not having desummons is almost a crime against his gameplay because desummons would add so many more options and ways to play him.
I really fucking hope they add desummons because it's such a huge oversight I'm kind of surprised that it's not there.

Show me a single clip of footage where you racked up 10k

You lose no points restarting mission, a bit restarting checkpoint, and a fuck tonne if you revive yourself.

but having swappable arms doesn't make him play like dante you fucking moron

I don't know DH is so easy or why SoS isn't unlocked. I would've liked to see twitch streamers get bodied around.

It triggers me to no end that I fucked up the scale when putting them together

Attached: sin dt concept art.png (1800x967, 1.12M)

>he doesn't parry judgement cuts
What's your excuse for not taking free max damage release?

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 - 3.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Can’t you desummon by holding Triangle and r1 or something. I swear I found a way to get my demons to return to me

>mfw mission 17

I spent 9 physical hours on it, I'd say given distractions about 8 for Devil Hunter. I think I'm clearing SoS even faster though

>2000 years later and the mere mention of your name is enough to work any demon into a seething fit
How the fuck did he do it

When Psycho Siren started playing when fighting Shadow

They don’t have desummons, but you can reposition them with dodges. My problem is that it breaks your reading or taunting

SoS isn't unlocked because it fucks enemy introductions.

>implying there isn't a Dante and Vergil breaking out of hell DLC
>at the end the two of them are staggering back into the Devil May Cry shop after fighting through literally everything in hell
>and Patty is standing inside ready to rip Dante to fucking shreds for skipping her party

I'm really glad they brought Nero's Devil Bringer back during the final fight. Now I can safely fall back into my DMC4 style that I mastered ages ago once more.

can't you just dodge

I didn't, but I assumed that's what the donguris or Gladiator are doing, since I basically never go under 4k style pts for every single fights even on standard difficulty

Demons literally had the run of the place. Imagine being super rich and fancy, to be betrayed by a fellow bro because he can't resist some pussy.

>get to mission 13 for the first time as V
>every enemy is wearing a faust hat
am i missing something?

Attached: 1537832364214.jpg (297x545, 38K)

>The Mysterious V gets revealed
>Everyone naturally assumes he's related to Vergil.
>Capcom puts in a bunch of red herrings that makes fans assume he's related to Mundus.
>Turns out the answer was the incredibly obvious one all along, but it seemed too obvious and therefore it wasn't obvious.

4D Chess.

Attached: 1359714570265.jpg (387x420, 48K)

SO YOU MUST BE THE SECRET INGREDIENT

I’m not sure what that has to do with the expenditure mechanic Nero has going on. You have to decide when to spend and when to save. That’s ruined when you only spend when it completely benefits you and switch every other time. Where is the risk/reward decision making?

That sounds like it was an intentional mechanical choice.

Lets you deactivate SinDT on command

He gave the demons the daily dose
and then he did the same thing to Eva

What were the red herrings other than the summons themselves?
When we saw he had summoned canes it was obvious he was either Vergil or Vergil's soul or something.

>tfw like V summoner playstyle more than Nero
>tfw feel sad everytime i switch back to Nero
I hate this

Attached: 1548831267958.jpg (460x460, 46K)

I know that, but desummons are not because you want to avoid damage for your summons, it's for more advanced play, you can see inklings of how much better V would be when you start a fight with your summons not summoned and you can summon them into attacks, like summoning shadow into the spinning razor. It's a giant oversight. This even allows for some light use of JC'ing with V which is right now just a way to avoid more damage instead of actual getting use JC'ing for combos.
I really expect and hope Capcom adds in this. It would be easy to do, it needs to happen, V would become far better for it.

>dmc4
>teenager

Attached: bad.jpg (419x387, 24K)

I'm on Mission 13, 12 hours in. I'm taking my time and enjoying it as much as possible

What part of Gilgamesh's body am I supposed to use the buster on?

It’d be literally style switching

Nigger how, I'm a newfag teach me some tricks

>Imagine being super rich and fancy, to be betrayed by a fellow bro because he can't resist some pussy.
Nah son. He AWOKE TO JUSTICE. Eva didn't come into the picture until later

No, I mean, as in Patty herself arms herself then went on finding hole to the underworld. But your idea works as a DLC, as this kinda reminds me of the final episode of the anime.

I was sad too, until I beat the game. Now I don't mind who I play as. I'll probably beat Bloody Palace first as V however.

His core
You can only do it when he’s lying down on the side instead of just kneeling down

DMC4 is 10 years old

The big, red, glowing weakpoint you dummy

I never really liked how Dante felt to play in DMC4, even if he did have a lot of depth, but he feels so much better to play in this and I'm glad for it. I do wish he still had crazy combos from 3 though, I was hoping they'd bring those back.

I’m about to be 26 and I’m pretty sure I remember playing dmc4 at a friends house in high school

probably the giant glowing red spot

15 is a co-op level? I thought it was 7 with Nero and V and 13 with all three.

>Have a friend who says that Vergil shouldnt be saved and everything Urizen does is his fault
>He is on mission 11

I have a feeling he wont like the ending

Dante has
>weapon switching which completely changes his moveset
>style switching which enhances his moveset with bunch of different moves
Nero has
>a breaker that gives him literally 2 moves completely unrelated to anything else (except tomboy)

DMC chads how do we stop winning? non believers got blown the fuck out

You're old motherfucker. I was a senior in college. My roommate had a PS3 and was pushing for me to buy a copy of DMC4 at launch so he could play it, but I held off so he bought it himself. He never learned to use Exceed but enjoyed the game well enough for a casual. Good times.

the diff Dante styles are all good but trickster with the teleports seems too good to not use, plus the mobility

royalguard run sounds like a fun idea though

fuck
i did live to see dmc5 so i cant be to mad tho

Attached: tearss.jpg (446x604, 48K)

>vergil fujos won

>Playing as V for the first time
>Watching Nero fighting off demons in the background
>Realize that it's literally a replay of what I was doing because I did this retarded quadruple backwards jump after I got finished and the Nero I watched did the same exact jump
That was pretty neat.

Not that user but use taunt more, with nero use up all your devil breakers, no need to play favorites and saving up. With dante, utilize all his weapon and styles. With V, let all hell break loose

Yea Dante feels great. Agreed they should have atleast brought back the demon riding move.

It's the same input command as any other attack like high time and rising dragon, I don't see the problem

whoever is playing as Dante in your mission is better than you

>when you haven't played a DMC game for a literal decade and still wreck the bosses at the first try
I suck at comboing but not sucking is a good thing, or the first bosses are joke and then the game trow some real bullshit at you

>implying Dante wants to even return
You see, my dear oblivious friend, this was all part of Dante's keikaku to avoid paying bills and avoid going to Patty's party. Now Dante is using Vergil's loneliness and autism against him, so Vergil never teleports them back. It's ingenious plan to run away from real life responsibilities. Dante did not stay with Vergil because he missed his said company or gave a shit to genuinely help him with his problems, it was purely to run away from a real life. (literally /ourguy/)

Attached: best-brother.png (720x1280, 530K)

>charge guns
>do taunts, air taunt is particularly great
>group enemies together and hit them with exceed moves
>mixup all move in all styles
>don't get hit
This is enough to get stylish

Honestly I'm conflicted on the ending, it feel Vergil got away way too lightly; fan-service is cool and all but it shouldn't get in the way of the story.

I still hope we get to see Mundus again some day.
Would be funny if it was Vergil's son, and not Dante's, who tells him off again.

On this subject

>Mundus became king because, he too, ate the fruit prior to DMC1

Was a pretty cool lore-bit, if you ask me.

>DMC5 was Capcom's 2nd biggest PC launch of all time, after MonHun World
It's fucking happening dudes.

What was the mission to see Lady's naked ass?

Attached: 1547159822314.png (600x540, 535K)

the amount of care love and effort put in this games combat is astounding along with all the intricate balancing, ty itsuno

Vergil... had a hard life.

Fuck off, babby, this method requires more strategy

>when you haven't played a DMC game for a literal decade and still wreck the bosses at the first try
Improper quote

How the fuck do I get Puma Pants to do the Hedgehog? Holding Y does literally nothing but a regular attack.

V is unironically great

>tfw I keep fucking up my balrog combos because the directions on the stick are tied to where Dante is looking
This is so fucking annoying.

Attached: 1549889234394.png (750x778, 859K)

>Vergil wants more power
>but Yamato only separates it
>Dante doesn't care for power
>but Rebellion can absorb more power
Kino

Before starting the mission I was fucking sure I'd get the Buster arm from him
Guess nit lmao

The problem is the camera constantly moves which means the input is different all the time.

They could just make Patty be the summoner character. I really hope they make a vocation in dragons dogma 2 that plays like V, I find it pretty fun. Only problem I have with it is that the summons are a bit unresponsive at times.

Attached: 1551617090990m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Well, what would they do to him? Lock him up?

I think they should've made a point of Vergil being stuck in hell forever as atonement.

I’m curious if that’s possible. I was under the impression those sections were another players recorded actions. Which makes me wonder. Those sections where you play a character alongside another. It’s not live right? It’s just choosing a random replay and telling you the guys name?

Hold until he flash red

It's hard as hell to get the exceed timing right for all of Nero's moves, putting the tv to game mode helps but HDR game mode is too dim

Hasn't this always been the case for every weapon though in the entire series? Directional inputs are tied to where your character is facing

I enjoy both but yeah, I'm pretty hopeful for dragons dogma 2 now, what with Capcom releasing it on Switch now, Itsuno making it obvious he wants to make it and dmc5 doing so well.

I have networking shit off, so it's most likely possible.

So about this qlipoth tree thingy, is it seasonaly breach to the human world or is it urizen's doing? Also, I think vergil intended to die when fighting with dante but at least he wants to defeat dante so they fight, but nero put a stop on that, so you can blame nero for that

He flashes a little when the move is ready. Try doing it without locking on, I don't know if you can't do it when locking on, but it felt like that was how it worked to me.

>Vergil: Now that we dealt with everything there was to deal with. I think it's time I open up a portal and-
>Dante attacks Vergil and sucker punches him
>Dante: And, I win again!
>Vergil's autism activates, he forgets all about returning them to human world and they start fighting over and over and OVER again, trying to surpass Dante
>Dante thinking to himself: Phew. That was close.

If they ever come back, I think it would be cool if Vergil decides to be locked up. It would be cool since he can just walk out whenever he wants.

>11 years ago, DMC4 on PC underperformed according to Capcom
Honestly, I was already happy when I saw 30k concurrent players on Steam. I didn't expect it to go all the way above RE2 at all.

Yeah, and that applies to all of the direction-specific input commands in these games, not just that weapon.
You just have to get used to it.

You can't do it while locking onto an enemy, dingus

Are you new?
All the analog moves are relative to where your character is facing with lock om. It's like a fighting game, where your inputs get mirrored when you switch sides.

This also applies between difficulties i.e. Dante in the prologue will mimic what you did with him during his side of things when you switch to SoS. Neat touch.

>I really hope they make a vocation in dragons dogma 2 that plays like V, I find it pretty fun.
I was just thinking about this. Somebody on Yea Forums once posted an idea for a green vocation type that was based on beast taming. I thought it was a cool idea, and it would fit DD's real-time party-based combat like a glove.
>Mage pawn enchants your wolf familiar's claws and fangs with fire
>You are now commanding a Hellhund

Attached: 1538937401690.png (1070x508, 355K)

>It’s just choosing a random replay and telling you the guys name?
Sometimes, there's a little symbol above their name when they're playing that states whether or not it is.

What the fuck is with this comeback with capcom? Save Street Fighter V and some people complaining about MH world being casualised they've been doing really well.

Funniest part about all this is that it isn't entirely wrong. Dante was hell-bent on avoiding Patty's party at all costs.

True. I think she'd be good as a discount Dante- using his old weapons and styles since she learned from him- but yeah she could summon guys.

Their newer, younger CEO gets it

They fired Conman and closed the Hongcouver studio

>Dante mad at Vergil for being a shitty dad
Best uncle

When are the ladies getting their own game?

Capcom has always had really good IPs, but until recently they didn't know how to utilize them well.

>If you kill Urizen 1 the game just fucking ends
>"Not in a million years"
>FUCK YOU

God this game is fucking hilarious.

Attached: yes way.png (680x680, 402K)

Inafune is gone and sometime last year was when shit he had nothing to do with started to come out. Fighting games are in their own bubble and SFV was a weird case that was funded by Sony and still developed mostly in the West, and MvCi unlike Marvel 3 was in-house but had a lot of Marvel meddling. Now the MonHun guy replaces Ono as Div.2's head, so I expect SFVI to be announced in the next ~9 months as a launch title for next-gen with a new vision.

I just want them to give Great Swords more than 3 moves at a time.

>game releases with barely any problems
Thank god I was getting worried it would have a rocky start

Wait, what?

I was hoping that urizen is mundus reincarnation and vergil's demon side got captured again while trying to defeat mundus alone. Then they can keep the V scene but not with urizen, but mindcontrolled DT Vergil. After realizing his mistake, he gets the SDT. Mission 18 and 19 can be about the gang defeating mundus, then at mission 20 you get to fight vergil with dante in a spar

I though that is the most fanservice stuff that old fans and newcomers can accept, I'm satisfied with the ending we got but I feel like it's too fanservice it kinda throws away the crime vergil commits in this game

To be honest it did look like Dante's life was at a dead end. No business, no money, fucking nothing.

They've been good. I do think it's sorta bad to keep relying on their IPs and stop making new ones. The last new IP they made was DD.

>get to the post credits scene
>Vergil yelling WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO COUNT at Dante like a child
>DON'T SAY IT
>JACKPOT
the interactions are pretty great

Not just V's summoning; I think the cameo system has a lot of potential.
>You meet a friend's party in the woods, and travel together for protection while you head to your next quest
>Almost getting ganked by a high level monster in a dungeon, then getting saved by another party, teaming up to take it down.
>Goblin Fortress 2.0, up to four Arisen parties can cooperate to take on a metric fuckload of gobbos.

Attached: 1421086402798.jpg (1500x638, 445K)

>keeps fighting the same bosses in one level
>"it's like I'm at Mallet Island again"

Don't forget
>black hair costume
>gay cowboy hat

Attached: 8798769.jpg (640x426, 58K)

I hear you, Warriorbro. I'm going to do my first BBI run soon and I want to try to do it with Warrior. I beat the base game with it but have been trying Yellow vocations and MK out on NG+

Attached: 1549592278337.png (405x532, 204K)

The last two are them taking the piss out of DmC by quoting it directly.

As for Urizen: youtube.com/watch?v=G8ajxAHvQWQ

babby Dante and Vergil

Attached: Sparda_family.jpg (623x411, 81K)

You have that backwards user
>Nero gets a dozen or so breakers that give him access to completly new movesets
>dante gets 4 styles, each of which add 1 maybe two things to his overall utility
If you suck at nero just say so user, no one will judge you

>The song called Crimson Cloud
>the summons obviously
>if only you never existed

I only recently got into both series but I recall some anons saying Dragons Dogma borrowed some ideas or moves or something from DMC, so wouldn't be surprised if they used V as a template for a summoner/beast tamer type class. Would be nice to have some form of defensive/offensive ability for your character in DD though, or the whole having to finish off the enemy yourself mechanic, helps you feel more involved with the action instead of being a passive observer the entire time.

I'm glad there's like only 5-6 V missions. I was sure they would stretch this guy further than Dante but even the devs know this guy's a prototype

He's fun, but it doesn't belong on DMC play-style

Attached: 1478844825233.jpg (242x283, 17K)

I'm still in an autistic rage that I can't get Nero's one-armed appearance back.

Attached: 1550188832010.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

>WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO COUNT
The voice during that line is priceless. It's completely un-Vergil.

Nico's random van entrances are hilarious desu.

Yes and secret "and everybody lived happily ever after" ending

I completely forgot about that.

Holy shit. Itsuno had some kind words for DmC in the press and I figured that was just good PR and that he didn't like it, but goddamn he really must have hated that game.

Wait... are we sure it's selling well?
Where did it chart?
I'm hoping its not just critically doing well, but will fail financially

At least his battle song is sick

But during the Urizen fight in Before the Nightmare Dante says he wants to go to Patty's party, he's just tsundere.

>edgy game for 12 year olds
Grow up.

I have a confession: I don't like Nico

what's the point of the buster arm after getting nero's DT?

Stay mad tendie

I just maxed out the rank of my Arisens Warrior Vocation and god I can see why people complain about it. There's some useful abilities like the ladder blade that I never end up using because it's situational and the pawns ignore it sometimes.

It's currently the top seller on steam, beating out DLC for Civ 6, Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League and the upcoming Sekiro.

I'm sure it's doing fine on consoles too.

The breakage can’t be interrupted

Fuck this stupid piece of shit chicken, he's an absolute nigger to fight against. I'm 100% certain he was designed with Dante in mind because trying to dodge his attacks with Nero is a massive pain in the dick and he can take out 1/3rd of your health in a single swing if you're not careful while V just throws a bunch of shitty Ragtime devil breakers at you that don't fucking do anything against it.

Attached: 1552172506436.jpg (1255x841, 107K)

>doing the fuck you immediately and not on Vergil's grab for apex cinematic effect

>An entire fucking city sprung up around the Sparda household between Dante's childhood and DMC5
How?

Just came back to Yea Forums after finishing the game. Holy fucking shit Nero vs Vergil is pure anime and I love it

Attached: 1526699478767.jpg (388x443, 30K)

Note: Doing this counts as beating the game so you can unlock the next difficulty IMMEDIATELY.

The reaction at E3 was pretty subpar desu.
Not like you can expect anything from xbone fans though.

what the fuck do you do when he starts rampaging?

That's alright. I don't mind her. I think her dialogue is alright and fitting for a side character. She barely gets used in the latter half so I didn't find her annoying.

>edgy
That's DmC, not dmc.
>for 12 year olds
Zoomers know who MJ is?

>summons
>implying Moondust would ever allow Griffon to shit talk his ass, even at weakened state

>if only you never existed
That applies plenty to Vergil as well.

I love how people were worried that DMC5 was gonna be too "westernized" because of the realistic artstyle yet the final fight is the most fucking anime-ass shit ever.

Dragon's Dogma is more cooperative with its Pawn system unless you're playing as an Assassin who gets stat boosts for going solo. Plus your tool to control your familiar would likely be a Primary Hand weapon, and then you'd probably get a ranged weapon on your Secondary, perhaps a Shortbow or a Crossbow for the sake of being unique to the vocation type.

But yeah, DD definitely takes from DMC in some ways. Burst Strike is just a Stinger-type attack, Mystic Knight has a move that's just an Air Hike into air Stinger, there's parry skills with windows similar to Royal Guard, Magick Archers are basically Gunslinger.

Use the ragtime breakage and keep hittng the women. They get staggered for a bit.

Maybe it was a larger estate in the city and you can't see the surrounding buildings too well. In the Urizen fight I'd say it's just a dreamscape.

Also Eva a cute.

Me too. Why can't it to be an option or something?

I dunno why people keep saying this. Just dodge him and attack it when it goes for the portals.

Attached: magic trick.webm (800x450, 2.96M)

Top of Steam, and has the highest player peak of any Capcom Steam game except MonHun World.

Why is everyone saying she's hard? I just jumped around, calibured her face then used the buster hand.

Attached: 20190309150333_1.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

more damage

>Start final boss fight
>Sad violin
>Press the d-pad for DT
>FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>WHEN THEN NIGHT ENDS IT'S NOT OVER

aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1483995694537.png (681x665, 499K)

Is there any proof of this? It only matters if someone does it immediately anyway, right?
So who has actually done it? I doubt anyone has.

However, if it counts as beating the game we don't have to play through all of Human mode for the trophy, right? That's cool.

Thanks user, you have inspired me, I'm having trouble with Vergil (been a while since I played) and working my timing with royalguard has let me sap his HP ridiculously quick. Still gotta work on the timing for his melee attacks though.

H O W
O
W

Attached: DevilMayCry5_2019_03_10_01_46_53_379.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

Who is a better mommy Trish or Lady?

around 13 hours and I skipped a bunch of cutscenes

Sparda game as normal DMC game but it's always in Legendary Dark Knight mode

How do I do the baseball bat swing as dante? Dont see it in upgrades or movelist

it doesn't count as beating the game. it's just a joke that unlock SoS

>this is what dmcincels like
lmao

Lads, I love playing as Nero now. Managing his devil breakers and using their ultimate move mid combo for max style while constantly charging shots and exceed and dodging makes me feel like I'm playing a weird mix of a rythm game and an action game and when everything clicks together it feels amazing. I haven't even unlocked his DT yet. Still not a huge fan of V yet, but I'm really trying to learn him as good as I know Dante and Nero. Bloody Palace when?

Anyone getting weird slowdowns at certain setpieces in the game? That escalator section and the divergent path mission are practically slow-mo. Getting occasional crashes as well flagging up some driver/GPU error.

Brilliant game though, they nailed the DMC feel.

>Breezing through Devil Hunter, S Ranks everywhere
>Hit King Cerberus
>Suddenly everything goes to shit all the way until the end
I don't know how I function being this bad

Snatch to the hags’ faces, the chick can’t do anything to you up there
Use Ragtime breakage to get free combos in

I'm not sure about the trophies, and yes people have done it.

bang BANG BANG BANG BANG

next month

>DMCV and Sekiro in the same month, within the span of two weeks
Truly there is a God

Not theoretically, in this is fully doable.

Lmao, tendies BTFO

You can't cancel out of SDT, you need to use the full bar. The way I read the description, I think that if you get to SSS in SDT you can cancel out of SDT for one extra S and to keep your SDT bar from being totally wiped.

>SoS throwing everything around for all them stylish animations
I'm definitely overusing it though
>tfw going home from school and immediately firing up Bloody Palace
>dying at level 101 every fucking time, to this day

The slowdowns sometime happen when people connect. Other than that it's silky smooth.
What's your rig?

DT and summon Nightmare to bust it up

Swordmaster level 4. It’s in the skill list for Swordmaster

Psycho Siren is my favorite theme in the series. When that happened I came

Attached: 1524038167038.gif (312x322, 208K)

Attached: virgin walk vs chad stride.png (1435x847, 1.82M)

You can break certain walls by summoning nightmare near them

Then fuck off and go play Goy of War, bigboy

Attached: wait a minute this isn't power.jpg (337x477, 52K)

Are those meant to be Kyrie colors?

I already did, the laser wouldn't hit

>only one mission has Co-op with all three characters
The whole system is wasted. You're not even guaranteed a live player, just mostly replays. I hope they add this system on Bloody Palace, which might be the reason why its delayed 1 month

Attached: 1499306041355.jpg (217x280, 12K)

I imagine a lot of us grew up with DMC. I remember watching my grandpa play it back in 2001.

I love Nero so much

Nero's fucking face sells this picture

>that buster where he picks up the doppelganger and Vergil and slams their heads together
>YOU DROPPED THIS

Attached: matto.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

Credo

I hate to be "Told you so!" guy, but I've been telling V must be connected to Vergil moment Itsuno said Vergil was his favorite character, but ended up "correcting" it to V.

Attached: 1371834026123.jpg (250x250, 19K)

they all give you literally 2 moves (except tomboy)

I'm glad they gave him a fresher haircut

You can beat the prologue and unlock an alternate ending.

Credo. The DT makes it more obvious

>Dante canonically gets Majin only now
It's like they just completely wrote DMC2 out of canon. Or DMC5 is a reimagination of 2. I mean Dante's stuck in hell/underworld.

How do I turn off the Nico reports thing that happens during gameplay?

Let me be the first (You) of this get.

with 100% consistency? yeah you fucking wish nigger

kek

I found it weird that people have problems with him. He's not chained to the wall so most of his attacks have proper startup and most of his explosions are very obvious. He also doesn't have ice armor so no tedium of having to break them off.

>psycho siren isn't one of the selectable themes in the deluxe edition
It would be PERFECT for V. I'm using lock and load but it's not the same

You can actually beat Heaven or Hell with it actually.

9 hours here and i skipped nothing, how slow are you

he cute

Attached: nero_shutup.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

A fair potato but the rest of the game is silky smooth.

i5 processor with a GTX 770, only 4 gb RAM though which is causing me issues in a few games, that and the CPU.

If they take DDO's Warrior moveset for DD2 I will be the happiest greatsword wielding maniac ever.
Brace is the greatest shit.

>tfw '96 babby who didn't play DMC until a couple years ago
I went through God Hand and basically every Platinum game out at the time before I finally got around to it and even then I didn't play God Hand until 2012.

The best/worst thing is that I played the hell out of Marvel 3 so when I finally played DMC3 I would get a new move and go "Oh shit that's Dante's QCF+LL" and "Wow Vergil just said two of his win quotes back-to-back".

Attached: 1481685555458.png (500x353, 162K)

DMC2 was a fever dream of Dantes
Otherwise Lucia should have been part of the team like Trish and Lady

Punch Line also
Rawhide has some sort of pause combos and buff Snatch
Gerbera has two Breakages

>Its a I think I'm playing Dante and blow up all my arms trying to activate DT episode

Attached: akko empty inside.png (497x459, 331K)

She canonically got NWF’ed

I did the whole Dante vs Vergil with RG and holy fucking shit my dick is so hard rn

Took me a couple tries. Its more just his raw damage and getting stuck in some of his bigger Aoe attacks. Got the achievment for him though, once I figured out how easy he is to flinch.

Credo Nigger

>watch the plot summary movie
>still get hyped as fuck at DMC3 part
>change battle music to dante dmc3 battle track in jukebox
>now the music broke and nothing is playing in battle
Also the way they glossed over dmc2 made me chuckle.

Attached: 1549946455915.png (640x720, 1.02M)

>Devil May Cr-FUCK

Attached: laughing anime girl.jpg (486x409, 45K)

I wish all the 5's battle themes were selectable.

We don't talk about DMC2

Post your favourite track from the OST
GO

youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w

Attached: 1549792331216.gif (270x180, 944K)

>using xD rocket paaaanch tony hawk skateboard xD thats so rad XD LOL
>using gay faggot whip
>using gay lasers
fuck outta here

Does anyone actually use ground combos and vanilla weapon combos?
Watching all those combo vids made me feel like if you do anything other than autistically jump cancel the same 4-5 moves while staying in the air for 5 mins you're shit at this game.

Nice digits.

Attached: 1440538503285.jpg (250x375, 20K)

We need "Virgin Vs Chad" edit

Thoughts on this combo video? Real impressive imo. youtu.be/sdluwWZ39zs

play him with a keyboard and roll your face on it

Attached: lul.webm (1366x768, 1.58M)

>Finish playing a Nero mission
>Realize I forgot to Exceed at any point
It's just so forgettable

7 Hours for first playthrough no cut scenes skipped

Literally this

Attached: 1538059675829.png (432x497, 339K)

Nah, DMC2's canon. He just barely remembers any of it because of how boring a job it was according to the Before the Nightmare novel. And Majin DT is never acknowledged in DMC2.

I was born in 96 too. Used to watch my gramps play RE3, RE4, and DMC. DMC3 was my first.

Cavaliere and Balrog have some sick normal strings.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xR8tTOL6Yi8

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190308192415.jpg (1920x1080, 1.88M)

V is a lot of fun and EZ SSS when fighting mobs but man he isnt fun when fighting bosses.

It's hard to maintain style when my dumbass cat wont run over to the fucking thing and teleports back to me after every attack

What's the window for a perfect block with Royal Guard? I beat Virgil with it but I couldn't do it that effiecently.

youtube.com/watch?v=xR8tTOL6Yi8
FUCK YOU

I don't particularly like combo videos anymore since that's all they seem to focus on these days. I juggle enemies and go into the air but I don't stay there forever.

Just put DT on square and break away on DPad

I do both. Theres skill to be had in chaining together ground combos stylishly too.

4 GB is a pretty big problem desu. You just don't have enough and the slowdowns are probably because the game trying to read from your HD which is several times slower than RAM.

Dante never got hit in DMC2. He also canonically ended almost every single fight there in minutes of them starting.

The weirdest thing about Vergil's awful hairline is that on the model you can see his widows peak almost an inch before his hair starts rendering. Maybe it was a mistake???

Attached: 201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg (300x256, 9K)

>AUTO

Attached: 1522595768387.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

Nice quints.

>Final Boss is the best boss

Attached: 1549381822237.gif (500x275, 1.04M)

>it's a "Urizen uses summon swords and I eat shit" episode

Attached: 1415386359779.jpg (213x144, 11K)

twitter.com/greenbrimhat/status/1104535789323587584
It can be fun on fights like this

checked desu

Literally rebind nigga.
I put DT on R2 and break on pad.
Put guns at L2 while you're at it.

I disabled auto combos in the menu if that's what you are referring to

how do you do 00:08? Is it jump cancellable on hit? I have no idea how DMC combos work

FUCK YOU

>auto
>press alt
>win

Wow. I bet journos loved this shit.

What the fuck? Exceed is what makes Nero fun. I know I'm not the only one who maxxed Exceed as soon as I got to the shop.

>local cripple goes batshit insane during laser lights show

>There are people that play Nero without using Exceed

You're sorely missing out man.

Attached: 1456540287865.jpg (160x160, 4K)

>use taunt
>ride of the Valkyries starts playing

Yeah, could be that, I'll try posting a crashlog in a thread at some point though 'cause my friend has a much better rig but he had the same slowdown at those exact same locations, ach well.

alt just defaults the camera position

>Put guns at L2 while you're at it.
What about Exceed

It's right in the upper right corner of the screen you dingus

Attached: 0yIORjghxPA.jpg (600x400, 39K)

Trish and Vergil had rushed job when it comes to hair. They look just so weird.

Attached: FIX.jpg (1027x743, 105K)

I never use the charged breaker moves cus I'm too scared.

I do Exceed whenever I can
It's just going back to him after playing V and Dante mission, I completely forget that Exceed exists.

I have it mapped to square personally.

Any non meme tips as V? Do you ever use auto attack?

I feel like his risk and reward is completely random. Sometime I spent DT on auto attack and Shadow is just clowning on the corner, other time it's a free A rank. Same deal with Nightmare, sometimes he obliterated everything with instant SSS and other time the enemy run away from him and he stays afar, couldn't catch up because how slow he is.

The boss fight against Geryon for example has no rhyme or reason to it. You just mash the shadow button, summon nightmare and see what happens. I'm struggling to S rank that Geryon mission on DMD

*penultimate boss

that's the "auto" that pops up when the beats are on "sick" retard, did you miss the tutorial that tells you they can do that by expending devil trigger?

Staying in the air is only for people who have made the entire system their bitch.

Nigga Right now I'm playing Nero without using punch and I hate myself. But the gorilla grip I need to make that a reality while also exceeding is beyond me.

I may or may not be a modder, but what's the first mod you want for DMC5?

Attached: 1551767557237.gif (200x150, 1.44M)

Does Son of Sparda -mode actually make the enemies do something while I'm hacking them to pieces?

Any character, any mission

It's good but have some few flaws. Vergil's sins doesn't get enough acknowledgement. Also, "Fuck You" felt really forced when Nero always said "Rock You". Would've felt better tbqh.

Replace V with Shadow and vice versa.

I throw auto attack on Griffon because he throws max charge lightning faster than you ever can. I leave Shadow on manual unless I'm controlling Nightmare's spin.

I read in every single free moment

Dude are you okay? None of that is true.

Attached: 1529872281696.png (899x745, 632K)

Yeah but that's not really on the same level of autism since he doesn't jump cancel caliburs all day.

nude models for all characters

give nero's DT a new haircut

>Powerbombing demons
Fuck why is my dick so hard

I see, I never tried air taunting and I foolishly assumed that you get more style points for 1v1 fights rather than attacking groups of enemies

L1, obviously.
You hold L2 while tapping L1.

Trish's hair in particular is God-awful.

I don't recall it popping up even once in my playthroughs

i played them all and finished them all, but i also suck at these games because they allow you to progress without necessarily needing to learn all the flashy combos.
how do i actually get good?

Thanks for telling me I'm not autistic.

Fuck off, NotSephiroth is great

I fucking hate when it goes on rampage and if you get cough by it, it starts stomps you until you're dead.

Attached: 1547413611560.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

What punch?

consistently, just one bar.

However, just like in DMC4, there are a few moves which have a more natural timing, and you can abuse those to get some quick max acts.

Haven't played this game yet(gpu died one day before release) but just getting the hang of max-act on the first hit of the basic combo does wonders for your effectiveness, since you can always just do a quick swipe when you're not attacking or something like that.

Attached: ACCEPT MY EXISTANCE.webm (1280x720, 2.14M)

play on harder difficulties

Vergil didn't have time to get the jell

yeah I looked back and someone made a key that turns it on on PC, I have no idea why they would do that, guess I activated it on accident because I sure as hell don't play on auto

FIrst DMC game I've ever played. Pretty good, I think I'm gonna check out the earlier entries now.

Practice. This is one of those games that really requires loads of play time to get the feel

still prefer left

I never considered that you could just Bald Bull the son of a bitch. I'll have to try that on my next run.

>that's the "auto" that pops up when the beats are on "sick"
No it doesn't
>get caught lying
>double down on lies
LMAO what a nigger

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190310040509.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

If you haven't beaten the game, I ain't about to tell you

>b-b-but
yeah right

Practice.
Getting used to the controls and remembering moves is the first step, so you'll be able to think about what sort of combo you want to pull of, instead of HOW to pull it off mechanically.

Dragon's Dogma 2 incoming baby

Don't play 2. Combat feels bad.

I have.
Are you referring to devil bringer? I mean does it do anything new this time?

>"auto" that pops up when the beats are on "sick"
What the hell is this nigger trying to say?

Holding a controller with your middle finger on L2/R2 and your index on L1/R1 is awful

>Joker breaks everyone out of Arkham Aslyum.webm

Yep. Nero and Dante got expanded a bit.

I had to lame it out and use balrog + Royal guard. I have not been able to win with any other combo, at least not without using continues.

Skip 2 and DmC, go 1 > 3> 4. You'll play all the best games and catch up on all the references 5 makes

Read the skill list. If you use the devil bringer when an attack is happening you'll throw a punch. Which means you now need to exceed, throw a punch, and potentially jump and charge your breakage all at the same time.

My claw was quite comfortable for Dante and now I need an entirely new one for Nero.

>Dante calls him dead-weight once
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M GONNA SPERGE OUT ENTIRE GAME ABOUT IT NOW!
>Vergil jokes about whatever he meant on accepting his existence or strength
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU'RE GONNA ACCEPT MY EXISTENCE DAD
Nero is extremely sensitive type of autist, huh? That type of kid that you once called stupid and he ended up seething about it for his entire life. Literally meme-related.

Attached: 1297199080171.png (680x798, 439K)

I saw somewhere that on PS4 you can hold down one of the sticks to turn on auto. So PC might have one too.

I can relate

Really wish this was the King Cerberus theme

youtube.com/watch?v=1FESSpGCNJ8

Weird, I have absolutely no problems with it, but my brother also complains about that.
I mean how DO you hold a controller in any other way?

its a trade off for how good they are, these things literally make or break you in DMD, so having them be swappable would trivialize nero's sections

Thanks, anons!

are you going to read the thread or keep replying constantly? I activated it on accident

Attached: 6.webm (1366x768, 1.93M)

>Fatherless AND Motherless his entire life
>Like, even more then Dante and Vergil
>Raised instead by a crazy cult
>Adopted into a family where you want to fuck your "sister" and your "brother" hates you
How did you expect him to turn out?

Yeah, I think people who say Vergil's face is as bad as Trish's are definitely exaggerating but I do agree on the hair. It's too long and has too much volume. I don't get why they made his hair so high up and styled when he's just supposed to slick it back with his hand.

Attached: dante_vergil_ending.jpg (1791x984, 717K)

I wonder why they didn't use Suffer. Really weird choice, especially with all the fanservice in the fight.

Accidentally went into the menu halfway into the game and accidentally turned on auto.

How are the PC controls

Holy shit Vergil and Dante literally act like kids in the ending, just like DMC3. God bless this series

My index fingers rest between the two shoulder buttons and i press whichever is needed at the time. My middle fingers are helping me grip the conroller

Quick guide:
>1 was originally Resident Evil 4 but then became its own thing (but kept the fixed camera). The combat will feel simple and slow compared to 5 but that's because it was the originator.
>2 is shit. If you get HD Collection you'll have it, but you really don't need to play it if you don't want to. There's some good stuff aesthetically but the gameplay is a trash fire.
>3 is fantastic and started the style of combat that became standard later, but Dante doesn't have Style Switch because of PS2 limitations so you need to pick one, and also you only get two Devil Arms and two guns at a time. You'll also get the story behind Vergil.
>4 introduces Nero and Style Switch so it will feel the most familiar to you. Make sure to get Special Edition since it has three more playable characters (Vergil, Trish, & Lady).
>DmC is a decent action game but worse than the mainline games other than 2. If you want to play it, get Definitive Edition; it fixes some of the combat balance, makes the story slightly less awful, and runs at 60FPS.

not sure if that would help in my case, i finished DMC3 on hardest difficulty and even if it was hell cause i suck, i still could finish it without need to do flashy stuff

>remembering moves is the first step
thats where i fall flat, when im playing i only remember the basic ones that are required to actually go through(like launching an enemy in the air and follow when you're surrounded by ground ones to catch some breath), then i almost just mash attacks and counters cause i dont remember the other ones, and it still works.
To me, personally, it'd be better if my approach didnt always work, that way i'd be forced to learn to progress.
Im sure i can learn, but with no pressure by needing to, i automatically go for mash

pretty sure I'm not blind and would notice a giant "AUTO" on the top of the screen, I just assumed it was the "auto attack" order you can give to the summons by using a bit of devil trigger bar, when I went to make the second webm auto mode was turned off, either there's a mapped key that turns it on or it got switched on by accident, you can try and be a nigger all you want I don't care one bit, my second webm proves he is easy to play and you suck at videogames so my work is done

Post (you)r dream DLCs here boys
I genuinely want more Co-op content
>Style comparison, a 1 min timer and two players opposite of each other as the same character, highest syle points win
>Some proper Co-op missions
>Dante gets previous games outfits in a HD remake, Fuck I want DMC2 coat in RE engine

I do that with my right hand, but my left hand I have the middle and index on L2 and L1 respectively.

Nero is so fucking fun once you unlock the devil bringer.

>Auto
wow user you're so good

>DmC DE makes the story slightly less awful
how?

A little bit of it actually plays during the cutscene

GOD DAMN IT
IT GOT ACTIVATED AGAIN WTF

>The combat will feel simple and slow
The movelist may feel simple, but with the enemy variety and quirks and DT management it's actually quite deep, and not in a way later games are

>doubly down on this
Yes I'm sure it was a "glitch"
You're on an anonymous board. Pretend to be somebody else you brainlet.

It cuts our the "The world is your bitch, as am I" scene and I think also the sniper rifle abortion

what kinda mods do you make? modelling or purely gameplay stuff?
fix Vergil's hair, at least make it so that he has a few loose strands coming from his forehead like 3 and 4. don't touch his face though because I like it. Maybe give him better eyebrows.
Give Trish Eva's hair. I have no idea how to mod things but that should be easy since the hair model is already in the game right?

Attached: Eva_model_viewer.jpg (2560x1440, 311K)

Never going to happen but Legendary Dark Knight mode

LMAO H.o.r.s.e. minigames but for DMC. I love it.
Fuck though, I just want more bosses and levels.

>MAD QUALIA battle theme
>Dantes DMC3 coat
>Co-op bloody fucking palace

>m-muh again

Attached: 1459051800206.jpg (1737x1447, 340K)

Cuts out a sex scene between Mundus and his girl, although that was mostly because she was a parody of Joan Rivers and she died between the original and DE. Also they removed Vergin's fedora. Like I said, slightly.

THERE I fucking found it you stupid fucks, if you tap ALT it switches to auto mode, since I use ALT+TAB to answer to you fuckers I accidentally switched to auto to save the footage lmao

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 Screenshot 2019.03.10 - 02.03.59.18.png (1364x768, 720K)

Added a few extra scenes like Vergil justify himself after shooting the baby so his turn isn't so sudden and some dialogue change

DON'T HIT WOMEN

>I don't care so hard, I'm going to type an entire post about how much I don't care
embarassin'

DMC4 nero prototype outfit mod when

Just watch good streamers.