This was, and always will be, the greatest Smash announcement ever...

This was, and always will be, the greatest Smash announcement ever. The amount of shitposting that lead to this moment was all worth it for this

Attached: 293847234.png (1920x1082, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vaztor.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-smash-bros-wii-u-meet-ridley.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qLM2nMWsKL8
youtube.com/watch?v=OE-RrsYSiKU
smashboards.com/forums/brawl-character-discussion.118/?order=reply_count&direction=desc
youtube.com/watch?v=Kyh9wTTMuGc
youtu.be/8uwmvguqFpk?t=162
youtube.com/watch?v=8PgxEQuFp2c
nintendosoup.com/sakurai-manga-characters-absolutely-not-allowed-to-join-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If Vergeben didn't spoil the reveal it would have been more legendary but yes him and K. Rool were both the best of the series next to Snake in Brawl as far as hype reveals go

I wish K Rool and Ridley would've been revealed in the same direct

Snake is more hype. Most hype thing in gaming history.

>Virginben
Speaking of virginben is he even still alive? I also haven't seen steveposting in awhile, has is finally? Did virginben spill his last lie?

I’d lump in Megaman with those three and Sonic as well for Brawl.

>not snake or sonic
You are a small baby.

Now what are we supposed to do with those 12 years worth of “Ridley is too big” pics?

Yupp. Erdrick and Steve are still coming

I dunno, megaman was pretty amazing.

Erdick? Maybe. Steve? Did you even read my post? Steveposting is dead, virginben is dead, virginben is the whole reason steve was even taken seriously, without him there's nothing.

you forgot your epic steve picture, you pathetic steve cuck and don't lump Erdick in with you.

Attached: 1521627462423.jpg (792x712, 125K)

Thanks for proving my point stevecuck, you have no arguments for steve getting in now and you know it, virginben is dead and he was your only glitter of hope, go on and tell me why steve should get in now, not even fucking mojang wants steve in.

I preferred K. Rool because he wasn't leaked unlike Ridley, his actual reveal was fantastic (Snake's was just pretty good, revealed its hand a little to early by going right from the smash logo to the codec), and I personally like K. Rool the most. Obviously Snake's had the most significance in the long run but I'm not getting into that.
Honorable mention to Megaman.
Sonic's reveal was garbage and predictable after Snake got in, a better trailer would've done him wonders but Brawl didn't get as many animated trailers as we see nowadays and he was added super late anyway, so what can you do.

Attached: bigreveals.png (838x938, 429K)

Attached: 1528990163468.png (1279x703, 901K)

seething

Attached: 1520923495139.png (612x544, 276K)

Personally, I think that nothing will top Cloud's reveal. "Cloud for Smash" was literally a meme for years. Now, as a result of Cloud's reveal, even Goku seems like a plausible option.

I saw something about marvel or something

If only he wasn't so shit. Getting him to elite was fucking hell.

When I saw Samus leading in that steel tunnel I had an all-consuming feeling of "OH FUCK, IT'S REALLY HAPPENING"
and then he became the most fun character in the series
second place goes to K. Rool, his trailer was pretty hype too and he also deserved to be in

Attached: 1551822966383.jpg (814x685, 50K)

You certainly are.

Nope, that's still Snake's reveal for Brawl. NO ONE expected that one at all and the hype was off the charts.

Attached: 1533031843683.jpg (601x508, 31K)

The Cloud and Palutena announcements were my favorites.

Ridley's was damn good though.

For me the best reveal trailer will always be Snake's, he was the first 3rd-party character, and introduced at the end a trailer that already showed off a ton of new stuff.

I think we can all agree the worst reveals were Corrin and Isabelle (Corrin for being a boring and disgustingly unwarranted shill rep, and Isabelle for having the least exciting trailer that didn't even try to be surprising).

Cherish the memory
The meme won

The worst were

>Inceniroar (no its not because of grinch he wouldve been disappointing either way
>Corrin
>Palutena
>Chrom
>Plant

>counting chrom who didn't have a trailer
why not count daisy then

Objective character reveal rankings

Snake > Ridley > Cloud > K.Rool > Bayonetta

>first 3rd party ever introduced
>biggest fan request ever introduced
>non-nintendo system game first introduced
>first "irrelevant" fan request revived and introduced
>first truly M rated character introduced

>not Sonic or Snake

Based

>No argument
>No denial
I accept your concession stevecuck.

is this unironic?
i cant stress this enough, smash is for literal children and manchildren. the demographic old enough to give a shit about snake and also love smash is literally manchildren.

>non-nintendo system game first introduced
Does Sonic not count

Sonic had a few Gamecube ports prior to Brawl

Snake and Cloud were the only ones that surprised me, and I don't think anything can ever surprise me after Cloud.

I dont feel like you could spoil that. Nobody ACTUALLY expected Ridley to be a new fighter

Ken and Incineroar reveal was fucking awful. The two "No duh" characters everyone assumed from the start would get in being saved for last felt real bad.
The trailer itself was good, though.

Keep in mind Snake was the first third party, he came out of absolutely fucking nowhere

He did have a trailer, albeit a short one.

>daisy

Better choice for an echo. More visually distinct than Chrom is and isnt from an already overrepresented franchise

all the "trailer" did was just pan up to him after he landed
that's a "trailer" to you? lmao okay buddy
just when i thought the standards have already been lowered enough

Just because there wasnt any cinematic animations doesnt mean it wasnt a trailer.

Remember that autistic Genofag who made a huge essay on why Ridley will never be playable? I wonder how he's feeling now that Ridley's in while Geno isn't.

Attached: big.png (1394x512, 269K)

My favorite was the Pacman announcement

Attached: 1552139323033.gif (225x225, 21K)

Source?

I'm still mad that they showed his trailer to journalists first

Brawl was rated T.
Also Snake comes from an M-rated game series.

nah

it was one of those "fuck hearing this shit, just give them the purple dinosaur already..." moments.

same with Rool, god i wish that was a 100% cop out. im just glad 0% of people called Joker, that pissed off everyone because all the leakers were wrong and FINALLY PROVEN WRONG SO NEVER LISTEN TO LEAKERS EVER AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>purple dinosaur
Suddenly, Ridley isn't as badass.

Sonic's reveal literally broke Yea Forums.
Sonic > Snake > Pokemon Trainer = K.Rool > Ridley.

Ultimate was fine but Japan Time was fucking unreal when it came to hype.

dude, cloud, snake, simon, ryu etc etc were melee era "WOULDNT IT BE COOL IF X WAS IN THE GAME!" shit we said at the lunchroom.

it got to the point where after smash 4, we figured "yeah, well at this point ridley and rool are next, they can't possibly leave them out..."

When have genofags not wanted Ridley? Genofags just figured geno was next after Ridley and k rool and instead we got ken incinewho and a fucking plant. Genofag here.

this

like, no joke, if you weren't on Yea Forums for japan time back in 2007, you just can't experience it via words or YT videos explaining it.

it was fucking magic!

WHUH?!
Cloud is a video game character from a series on Nintendo consoles.
Goku is a fucking anime character. How do you jump to that conclusion?

I wanted it for a very long fucking time. I was flipping my shit, too. The space station looking arena in the start of the trailer, Samus' foot, how dark it all was, I was hoping to high heaven it was what I'd been waiting for. Then Megaman and Mario died and it became like some weird slow motion perception thing where I just yelling at the monitor to show it because it wasn't a confirm in my mind until I saw the splash screen. That was the real nail biter. "It's a ruse, it's a bait and switch, show the splash screen or it's fucking nothing." so glad he's a lot of fun to play and not utter shit.

I'd have felt really bad for KRoolbros if he didn't make it for how cool and supportive they were to us Ridleyfags. Them both making it in the same game was how I always wanted it to play out.

Since this is a Ridley thread please tell me one of you anons have the image of Ridley mid nair flipping off the viewer with both claws. Why did I not save this fucking image? Fuck me.

Attached: uppies.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

funny that, if we got a standard goomba instead of plant, you would see infinite rage due to it not being goombario or goombella.

What reveal could possibly outmatch ridley/snake/Rool/Bayo/Cloud/Megaman in terms of hype?

cloud was repping FF as a whole (odd they wouldn't just use the FF7 meteor logo?), but his win theme is the FF7 version of the FF victory theme.

i know i_am_abib was some big ridleyfag

you honestly can't besides some other tier characters.
The next Nintendo reveals would be fan favorites like Isaac, banjo or memes like Waluigi

During the times I was following Smash reveals

>Villager
Thought he was cute, and that the Killager memes were hilarious
>Wii Fit Trainer
Utterly and completely baffled, but the memes that followed were amazing
>Ryu
Soiled by the datamine, but still thought it was pretty neat
>Cloud
Probably up there with Ridley for the most shocking to me. I’m not even a FF fan, but some part of my gut knew as soon as I saw the snow. And I couldn’t believe it even after the trailer finished.
>Corrin - oh my fucking god Sakurai WHYYYYYY
>Bayonetta - huge surprise, but I loved it. At the beginning of her trailer I thought it was gonna be another KI character lmfao
>Inkling - I love them, but they were no-brainers for newcomer pics so I ended up more hype over news of a new Smash
>Daisy - fucking hilarious, I like Daisy and seeing her get in before loads of fan favorites had me cracking up
>Ridley - the other most shocking. From the overhead shot, I knew it was him, but I really thought they were gonna pull something. Either another Metroid hunter, or some other sci-fi video game character. But nope. He was here. And I loved it.
>Belmonts
Pretty hype, I don’t have much attachment to them, but I knew they were highly requested + their NES-era importance, so it was neat to see them get in.
>Other Echoes
Chrom was pic related, Dark Samus was “oh hey that’s dope”
>King K Rool - undoubtedly my favorite reveal. right at the end, hilarious trailer, long requested character whose incredibly goofy, all the reptile gang memes. Good times
>Isabelle
Kinda a flaccid end to the direct, but I appreciated her reveal
>Ken
this obviously leaked early, but I still thought it was a fine addition. And the trailer was great too, until...
>Incineroar
There were MUCH better choices for a new pokemon rep from gen 7, so from the beginning I didn’t want him. The eyes showing up in the trailer made me so mad, but hey, what’s done is done. :/

Attached: 67FA066C-48E1-438E-B880-E307A1B68710.jpg (933x709, 157K)

Meta Ridley amiibo alt when? Have any other characters had Amiibos for their alts made? I just want as much official Ridley merch as possible because there was like ziltch until he made it into Smash. I also don't have the 500 dollary doos for that F4F Meta statue, even if it does look amazing.

You've got no understanding, kid. Snake blew the hype train off the tracks. When you see a trailer of the primaries in more realistic graphics, Metaknight, Pit, ZSS lewding it up, Wario all appearing in less than a minute and then the screen goes black for several seconds...and the codec call ring happens? No. Snake's announcement along with his Japan Times just trounced anything before and shadowed everything after. And we got ALL the voices back, too. No one doing imitations.

I doubt more than 2 people in this thread were even here for Japan Time Brawl announcements.

Attached: Coin Launcher.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

reminder that Ridley and K. Rool both got in the same smash bros game and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it now and forever

Attached: never say too big.png (1126x960, 1.28M)

that too and metroid and DK needed their villain reps like almost all the other nintendo series had at that point.

shit, ganon, mew 2 and bowser were in melee, D3, wolf and wario were in brawl, dark pit (rival?) is in smash 4. and we got rids, rool and dark samus.

found it
vaztor.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-smash-bros-wii-u-meet-ridley.html
It was a blogpost that redactors loved to link to as evidence for why Ridley will never be playable.

Snake was and always will be.

>my Ridley just fell out of Elite
>play a few rounds as him to get him back
>smiling and having way too much fun the entire time
It's not just how ridiculous it was to see him get in, but god DAMN they made him awesome. He's so fucking brutal. He feels so good to play. I fucking love dragging people across the stage. I fucking love Skewer. I fucking LOVE his off stage play.

He's so amazing.

Attached: 76cd55a0d172840aa82166944bb680a4.png (700x700, 503K)

Goku

nice webm. how made this?

Vergeben only got attention because he guessed this right

>This was, and always will be, the greatest Smash announcement ever.

Lmfao no. Bajo-Kazooie will be far greater.

I knew most of Yea Forums would be hyped for Ridleys inclusion, even with all the constant shitposting and arguing. I never did and never will understand the too big thing, at least in the context of Ridley. He was never the largest Metroid boss. He also tucked his limbs in during their fights all the time. Pretty much how he moves and functions in Ult is how I envisioned him. Not exactly of course, but the gist of it. He's had multiple different sizes, shapes, and designs that I never once thought he couldn't be worked into Smash. Hell they gave him his best design period for Ultimate where the pulled from the SNES sprite and the only good thing from Other M Ridley with the tail bone blade tip thing.

>He can't be.
This shit head will forever be blown the fuck out and I couldn't be happier.
youtube.com/watch?v=qLM2nMWsKL8
Is he still in denial?

The December 2015 direct had me say “Are you fucking kidding me, Sakurai” in two different tones: dull for Corrin, and hyped for Bayonetta

You do realize you're acting smug about a character that isn't in the game right?
But if you wanna play that game then Goku shits all over Banjo in terms of hype.

bad post

I'm at like 3.95 mil and I don't really want to play quickplay anymore. I mean it's Ridley and I love playing him but the game always pairs me up against a character that I'm utterly shit at fighting or a person who is just insanely above what I'm capable of dealing with. Pretty much Ness/Lucas, Inkling, some swordies, Palutena, Snake, Pika/Pichu all push my shit in hard. Simon and Richter too depending on how spammy they are.

Renamon

Delusional Banjocuck.

Truly the Ultimate smash game

Attached: pinned.png (873x796, 360K)

For my dick maybe but she's not as deserving as something like Agumon, honestly.

Crash Bandicoot

Ridley was more fun discussing for his exclusion in the decade prior than the inclusion for a few days.

And all you queermos talking about B&K or Goku are retarded. I don't give a single ounce of caring for your platformer and Goku being included is the introduction of idiocy to unimaginable levels and will outright be mad if it ever happened. And it won't because good lord would that be too expensive.

Ultimate has, what? 70 characters? But all I ever see in "tourney" vids are Fox, Wolf, Snake, Ness, Ike and the occasional random Shulk or PkmTr anyway.

I want Banjo Kazooie too, but you can’t be that smug about their chances. Do you WANT to end up as disappointed as November 1st

Someone should make an arena for just Ridley and K. Rool battles.

Dante

Good thing I never paid attention to that faggot. Literally my most used character.

Attached: Approving Pirate.jpg (894x894, 292K)

Ridley is an interesting one for me in that he's a bit like Kirby in that certain match ups feel heavily weighted against him in ways, which can make playing QP frustrating. Playing Kirby and running into a bunch of Ikes always feels awful.

With Ridley it's definitely the projectile characters like you said but for some reason it doesn't feel as bad in those situations to me. I guess having a projectile himself goes a long way for that but the fun aspect outweighs the frustration aspect in those situations for me.

All I can recommend is don't be afraid to use your plasma breath to force the opponent to do shit. Shulk can outspace me for days but they always get scared of the projectiles and block too much in my experience, opening them up to be grabbed.

Man, now I want to go play Super Metroid again. Maybe I should go with Zero Mission instead though.

Stop watching tourney vids and play then. I'm playing as two of my oddly specific favourite Nintendo characters in a fucking Smash Bros game (Palutena and Ridley) and I fucking love it. I've played as those two more than I've played entire other games.

It's on you if you can't appreciate that shit just because the highest competitive level uses the most viable picks at that level. The fuck does that matter to you anyway?

Attached: 729310235a0e635799f3e470328d29a4.png (969x951, 636K)

When Ultimate was announced 1 year ago yesterday, I thought it would just be a fancy render of 4, but with Inklings, so I genuinely had 0 expectations going in. June then hit, and I went from watching in boredom, raising my eyebrows at Ice Climbers and Pokémon trainers return, to screaming at Snake/EVERYONE IS HERE, to crying like a fat momma at Sunday service when Ridley’s splash screen hit.

>(Palutena and Ridley)
Excellent taste, though Palutena is boring as fuck to me. Wish they gave her more unique powers and got the original VA

This

Attached: Rid.png (627x686, 445K)

>Watching this with friends
>The logo appears
>One guy mutters, "Ridley..."
>Another friends says, "Ridley will literally never be in Smash"
>The exact moment this shot appears the entire group erupts with shouting and laughter
I'd never seen anyone go from 0 to BTFO so fast.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 8.47.47 AM.png (810x438, 295K)

No one is worse than Corrin. Isabelle was nice.

Attached: Wheezing Regal Crocodile.png (698x445, 97K)

>hits the big time
doesnt even make sense lol

Most shocking? Snake.

Most surprising? Cloud.

Most personally exciting? Belmonts (a shame Intern-kun spoiled the surprise, but Richter was still a huge surprise).

not even a gokufag but honestly this

Did you honestly think that they’d release a Smash Bros. game with Inklings being the only new thing about it?

Ridley's neck is stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=OE-RrsYSiKU
I love when genuine Castlevania fans get their wishes

>crying like a fat momma on a sunday service
As a regular church goer, this is the most accurate anology ive ever heard.

>We’re now living in a world where we can discuss Ridley’s viability in Smash and we’re not joking
Feels weird

Delet this

Attached: Big Space Dragon.jpg (1024x961, 170K)

On an objective level, Goku would be the next most surprising rep since he would shatter the most basic rule for guest fighters. If he happens, though, let him be the very last reveal.

>The fuck does that matter to you anyway?
I don't want to see the FUCKING bloat this roster has anymore when RETARDS don't use it but still complain and "play" with the ideas about who is or isn't already "in."

More than the roster, I'm actually more upset about the fact it's FOUR damned stages being used over and over and over and over and over and over when there's something like 110 x 3. But instead, I just see Pokemon Stadium, Smashville and Battlefield. Good for you, you play a "main" err, scratch that, TWO characters! Wow!

And I don't play Ultimate because I don't own a Switch, but I enjoyed the matches of every Smash prior, so I still see some games on youtube when I feel like it. And it's wildly disappointing when such a huge roster and such a huge stage selection results in faggots this series seems to attract, centered around the same 3 scenarios.

Attached: 1475870525263.jpg (300x220, 39K)

god fucking damn what happened halfway when i was writing this

>completely fucked up the latest Nintendo Direct """"leaks""""
>claimed a Square Enix character was being revealed first for DLC
holy fuck, time to kys virginben lmao

Honestly, I did

Don't forget:
>Minecraft content in the base game (didn't the dumb nigger claim this right around when datamining started, too?)

Are you retarded?

Attached: Dragon.png (185x198, 106K)

He mainly said Minecraft would have a boss

I agree that there are at least ten good stages to use that aren't redundant. They should feel free to experiment more like every Smash community did, but they assume they know better already. Castle Siege should be legal. BF or Omega forms aren't banned, but they tend to get ignored because they just want to get on with things.

But thinking you can win in bracket by being a swiss army knife of character selection never works. Ultimate players recommending practicing two characters this early on is actually a new thing, because the game has so many matchups it basically demands you do so. The diversity appears to be pretty good. I think the only troublingly common characters are Wolf, Olimar, Fox, and Palutena, and even then they aren't even close to how common dominant characters were in the last games.

I don't mind playing on some non-legal stages, but you have to admit that there are definitely some bullshit stages like new pork or 75m
Also the good part of the big roster is confronting yourself with other people that play other characters, i find it cool
Btw fuck you pokemon stadium2 and fd are some of the coolest stages in the game

Anyone have the archived threads? I wanna relish in our glory once more.

not an argument

If you don't understand then it kinda is.

I want more stages.
I want so many more stages to be played.
If I see one stage, I don't want to see that stage again for the rest of the set AT LEAST. I'm not impressed when "competitive players" can spam a main's "true combos" when the exact stage setting is mimed to such a degree they don't even have to look at the screen.

I want to see people GOING to LOCATIONS and playing on the stage. I want to see Starfox stages, I want to see Zelda castles, I want to see Fire Emblem sieges, I want to see DK jungles! I want to see Midgar, Peach's Castle, moving platforms, changing scenery! I can understand scrolling stages being banned and stupid or stages that literally walk into the blastzone, sure, those can be "banned." But PLAY THE GAME and go places! Smash has been such a fun game to adapt with, whether that's 1v1, 1v1v1v1, teams, items, stages, all that...but people just play THE SAME SHIT and it's terrible.

If there's a third thing I'm upset about, beyond the banned stages or the limited roster...it's that Custom Specials weren't included, not that people ever played with them before. THAT was PHENOMENAL and it's GONE.

Attached: Link Meteor Bombing.webm (853x480, 2.22M)

Customs had potential but they sucked desu

Attached: Bikini Princess.jpg (1536x2048, 287K)

>but you have to admit that there are definitely some bullshit stages like new pork or 75m
On a tourney level, where money is on the line? Yeah. No doubt. People being pricks is inherent when those stages come into play. Same with scrolling or walk-offs.
>Also the good part of the big roster is confronting yourself with other people that play other characters, i find it cool
Exactly. But so, so, so many people just play ONE or MAYBE TWO characters and then that's it. When people do that on such a large scale...it makes me completely dismiss anyone complaining when characters are or are not included, or a moveset isn't tailored the way they like. I don't think they've invested enough, with 3 characters, to claim they know what's best when 70 are available.
>Btw fuck you pokemon stadium2 and fd are some of the coolest stages in the game
They're wonderful stages and without their hazards perfect at high competition of pure skill of character mastery.

But I don't need to see 'em 4/5 matches, and guaranteed to see them every single set in existence. And turn the hazards on! LEARN MORE THAN "TRUE COMBOS."

you fucking wish, faggot

Custom moves were a great idea with fuckawful implementation. The fact that you had to unlock each one individually and you couldn't swap them at the character select (instead you had to go into a whole other menu and build a fucking LOADOUT that you had to save as a set and then load without changes later) murdered any chance that anyone would EVER use them in any setting.

I swear to god sometimes I can't tell if Sakurai is a genius or a complete fucking moron

Snake and megaman were more hype

>showed the palutena reveal during the presentation
>kept motherfucking pacman for a journalist conference nobody was able to initially see

I think customs were fantastic. Most were mild stat alterations like more power, less range but some had fantastic properties added.

The only trouble was if you wanted to play without equipment involved, too. Because, then, you had to trust internet strangers to not equip them. Good luck. Though, custom equipment matches were fun, too.

Attached: Custom Equipment.webm (640x360, 2.71M)

Hopefully Geno will be announced soon, he's the most requested character now, even more than Ridley ever was.

smashboards.com/forums/brawl-character-discussion.118/?order=reply_count&direction=desc

Attached: BbQF4TJIIAEdVl7.jpg (600x375, 62K)

I wish Toon Link had his Spinning Up B. At least that would have made him a little more different from Young Link.

Attached: This nigga's face.png (948x945, 282K)

No Goku won't. There's a reason Banjo-Kazooie is first in every poll for NA and Euro.

I already as disappointed as I can, nor did I believe the grinch banner because this game will NEVER get a western rep.

I was a kid when my brother and I played through the mgs games and Brawl came out. You didn't have to be old and enjoy mgs.

not an argument

Honestly Toon Link could easily have an entire unique moveset consisting of tools from Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, but it won't happen because he's seen as a low-effort extra.

You are retarded if you think Banjo comes even close to motherfucking Goku in terms of hype. It would break the internet and completely change how we look at Smash.

it also didn't help that you would get dupe custom moves when trying to unlock them

Personal Dream Characters:
>Mega Man
>Ridley
>Dark Samus

Ideas in the back of my head that I was surprised to see come true:
>Greninja
>Robin

Not a personal dream character but their reveal made me go "they actually fucking did it"
>Sonic
>Bayonetta
>K Rool

What the fuck
>Snake
>PKMN Trainer
>Cloud
>Richter

Only one is Goku. Everyone would go apeshit.

Who had the best pun?

Attached: Smash Puns.png (1542x507, 1.68M)

Probably SFM.
...What? I answered your question!

Lucas. He's from Nowhere Isles and his reveal was unexpected, double pun that works really well.

>best
Lucas
>worst
Corrin
>didn't even try
Mega Man

Lucas with Ridley in close second

I fucking love that they embraced the Ridley 2big meme.

Casuals should really stick to playing with other casuals and stop trying to weight in on the competitive scene, you literally have no idea what you're talking about and want people to bend over backwards because your autism prevents you from enjoying the game if flashing colors aren't over the screen at all times.

Honestly the only 3rd party characters Smash needs to feel complete are Sonic and maybe Mega Man.

I'd argue Pac Man too since he's easily more recognizable then both of those combined.

>most of the really big brawl hopefuls eventually made it into the game

>except for these two

Over 10 years later and still waiting

Attached: maybe_next_time_by_madfather.jpg (828x460, 98K)

>More then 100 hours spent on Smash 4
>Over 80 hours on this game
>Still suck at it
Please send help

Attached: 1550866731471.jpg (749x694, 96K)

>implying Krystal and Geno are in the same league as Wario and Dedede
LMAO

Brawl era was some strange times user

I mean the only reason anyone even still talks about Geno was because of Sakurai namedropping him in an interview in 2016, dude was dead for the vast majority of Smash 4's cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kyh9wTTMuGc
>4:40

Attached: GRAND BORB.png (268x507, 291K)

That's not very many

Richter was the best for me because I had already accepted that it was Simon and was already pumped for him.

Why was corrin the most underwhelming newcomer?

My memory might be failing me but didn't Ashley also join the speculation scene of Brawl, albeit very late? I think something dropped in the dojo that made people start talking about her. The original Japan Time was fucking weird.

You think that's something?
youtu.be/8uwmvguqFpk?t=162

it's fitting that sakurai said that ridley standing up was his favorite taunt in the game

Bump

Bruv if you saw how these guys can optimize play on Corneria and Peach's Castle you would not be asking for them to be unbanned.

Barring my eternal cry of WEN ISAAC as a Golden Sunfag, I feel like all we need now is Banjo & Kazooie, Crash, Spyro and Doomguy to finally get in as DLC, and the roster will feel complete to be forever.

At the very least they could bring back Duck Hunt

So is it safe to say all 2big fags committed suicide?

>Simon Lashes Out!
>holding cross
>Richter Crosses Over!
>holding whip

Attached: 1550913811995.png (1124x805, 1.27M)

Nah, Snake and Bayonetta making it to Smash are the greatest announcements for me. Those two were my most requested characters who are not even fully owned by Nintendo. I like Metroid, but the "big Ridley" meme and jokes were always meh, and honestly he is just a raging alien dragon boss with zero personality in the actual games. The lore and in-game/manual descriptions don't expand on Ridley enough to make him a full fledged character. Unlike Bowser.

He isn't even a protagonist nor playable character in the Metroid franchise.

Attached: simpsons.png (1200x900, 641K)

Nah, they just moved on to putting down fans of other characters that could get in

Duck Hunt's one of those stages where there's a little nuance to the discussion. Little Mac is a shit tier character who no one plays, but on the off chance someone did play him, he would be invalidated by a Duck Hunt stage pick. There are probably a few other characters severely hindered by how they have to approach players on the tree, but Little Mac cinched it. You could universally ban it whenever Little Mac is in play, but that snowballs that kind of discussion for a lot of other characters. It's also a large stage, and what we need right now is for the tourneyfags to bring in smaller stages. It's not going to bring the gameplay variety you're looking for.

and many of us want people like you to shut the fuck up and stop pretending there's a 'right' way to play the game

seriously stop whining you can play however the fuck you want

>tfw this was the first time I actually screamed at a vidya announcement
youtube.com/watch?v=8PgxEQuFp2c

>load up the Smash Dojo to see today's announcement
>fucking SONIC
I was already gonna buy it god damn Sakurai have mercy

Attached: 1503625118410.png (391x435, 169K)

Let's speak hypothetically here Yea Forums, say your dream pick shows up as the next DLC, how do you think people will react.

Attached: 1524386230294.png (300x310, 4K)

>another Mario? Fuck you Sakurai.

Attached: Paper Mario.png (403x540, 245K)

Because he was a literal who to most people in the west. Fire Emblem is much bigger in Japan, so they most likely were the ones that cared.

Leon kennedy

>3 idiots who claim to be a part of the elite clique
>demanding pandering to the absolute lowest level of variation
>and calling anyone else who doesn't claim that to be "high level" as autistic or "casual"
u gais r sew kul eye whisch ai wuz azz gud ash ewe!

Attached: yer gonna need it.png (622x399, 338K)

Stand Up > REEEEEEE > Spinslash

>90% of people outside of the Kirby fanbase are confused as to why they added him
>Kirby fanbase is hyped Sakurai is acknowledging newer Kirby stuff

Attached: KSA_Bandana_Waddle_Dee_Icon.png (540x540, 87K)

>even more porn

Attached: Short Imp.jpg (1000x1000, 409K)

Overall Best: K. Rool
Most Faithful: Simon/Richter
Most Hype: Mega Man
Biggest Shock: Ridley
Really Good But it was Already Spoiled: Junior

Want to play Smash on nonsense stages for no other reason than "I wanna play on MORE PLATFORMS" is pretty casual, yeah. No one is saying you can't do this on your own time, but stop trying to make people who don't want to play your way play your way because you want to see more stages. No one is forcing you to watch comp Smash and no one is forcing you to play on Battlefield or Pokemon Stadium, people play competitive Smash because they enjoy seeing who's better on an even playing field, not to see which stage is the prettiest.

Actually I need to amend this. Cloud was more of a shock than Ridley; nobody genuinely predicted Cloud.

The ebin "Cave Story ripped off Undertale" meme makes a resurgence, probably.

Attached: Running Hell.png (1600x900, 440K)

Don't forget Ridley was also the most heavily requested by fans as well.

I thought Cloud Storms into Battle was the moist clever because it wasn't immediately obvious. I also really like Pac-Man Hungers for Battle. The most objectively shit tier one is Palutena Alights.

If only Sonic was introduced later in the series as a newcomer, he would've gotten a gorgeous CGI trailer like the Sm4sh and Ultimate characters.

>What the fuck
>PKMN Trainer

Anyone have the screencaps of >Red from that particular Japan Time?

At no point did I mock the other poster. I was just saying that asking for stages like Corneria and Kongo Falls is asking for seven minute campfests.. Bans like that are made for the sake of the viewers just as much as the players.

Confused western smash fans, dozens of reaction videos ruined, assblasted leakers and "muh western representation" fags. A lot of cancer for the first few months but people would eventually grow to enjoy what they got. Meanwhile Japan would need to close down for a week because half of their male population is too busy drawing fan art to work, the other half is jerking off to it.

Attached: 9c7c21e8764ef526db0ac06bd1f3f156.jpg (560x750, 249K)

What if Ridley was a girl?

Attached: 1551834992614.jpg (4404x5674, 2.18M)

Where is Stirner?

What if they added Paper Mario and Goombario was part of his moveset?

I'd have a bigger boner then.

Attached: Space Dragon Alium.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Reimu's final smash?
Everyone turns into her.

>oh great, another capcom character

Attached: d1abl5z-57b204f4-ddee-45d3-99b8-fc3170250572.jpg (475x546, 34K)

They never should have revealed Sonic because him showing up out of nowhere at the end of Subspace Emissary would've blown everyone's minds

Yea Forums would seethe over her and the shitposting would be even more unbearable. So your average Smash announcement I guess.

Attached: 1549022272935.png (836x838, 183K)

Attached: 1550009275948.png (400x400, 32K)

Don't forget the loli femdom art with K Rool

>Yea Forums explodes

Attached: ssg_goku_by_blackflim_dcsxpjv-pre.png (644x1241, 960K)

a mix between "another anime swordman" and "literally fucking who" with a bit of waifuposting on the side

Attached: 578456_front.jpg (475x426, 177K)

Westerners would be confused. Japan would be fine with her.

Attached: gpeaJh5.jpg (597x448, 27K)

>Yea Forums
The god damn internet explodes, latin America parties for a month, Yea Forums is finally consumed by shounenfags, people claim Smash is now MUGEN and there is the rise of the Shrek/James Bond followers.

Ashley was big back then yes as shown in that link.

I'm surprised that Takamaru had a lot of supporters during Brawl, he wasn't even seen in any games outside of Japan at that time.

I can't wait for this board to implode if Waluigi ever gets in

I imagine a lot of literally who cries among normalfags, but otherwise no real outrage.

Attached: Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth-TGS-36.jpg (2000x1667, 288K)

Only in the alternate universe where James Bond, Spider-Man, Spongebob and Miku can possibly get in. You know, the only hard and fast rule.
nintendosoup.com/sakurai-manga-characters-absolutely-not-allowed-to-join-super-smash-bros-ultimate/

AAAAHHH YOOOO IT'S IT'S!!!

"Waits for splash screen with name reveal"

PRINCE SABLE YOOO HE WAS MY MOST WANTED YESS!!! I AM SO HAPPY HE'S IN!!

Attached: 1532536604633.png (695x672, 264K)

Pretty sure the generation that grew up watching the anime would be happy. Yokaiwatchfags would be upset though.

>OHNONOONO
>Yea Forums BTFO
>PFFFT AHAHAHAHAHA
>WE DID IT REDDIT
>eric seething
Basic Yea Forums stuff

Attached: waluigi-crouching.png (1280x1114, 604K)

I actually want him desu. Since Brawl added Wario.

I think overall Nick would get a pretty neutral reaction tbqh. Not too wild of a pick so the internet and Yea Forums wouldn't explode that badly

Attached: 1496520363650.png (700x670, 289K)

>Geno
Most normal human beings would be pretty excited. Yea Forums would melt the fuck down and become absolutely rabid.

Attached: c8087ef4814ea2bb3c940cb0305f2205774e0ad5r1-409-409v2_00.jpg (409x409, 19K)

>Only Yea Forums

>Madfather
Brawl cringe was the fucking worst

Attached: 1529304680631.png (792x520, 463K)

With Master Chief, normies would be pretty excited, especially the dudebros in their 20’s. Boomers ultimately seethe because he isn’t from the 90’s, and smashers have a fun time playing as him

Weebs would be eternally asspained, I'd imagine

Attached: Doomguy.jpg (3318x4424, 1.26M)

Attached: 1523029784283.png (256x259, 134K)

Does this guy still draw? I remember he was on DeviantArt and would draw slapstick Smash comics where the female characters were almost exclusively the ones who got hurt.

First party purists also upset that they allow a violent sociopath in the game

>Yea Forums would melt the fuck down and become absolutely rabid.
>become
Yea Forums is already rabid.

I doubt anyone would have a problem.

Attached: 16085289_p0_master1200.jpg (424x600, 278K)

It's still funny to look back on, I remember all those people who wanted Little Mac in Smash, but only the one from the SNES game and hated on the NES Mac.

Wonder what they are doing now

Attached: SNES_Mac_beats_NES_Mac_by_parrothea.png (512x446, 85K)

Sonic.

Did he die?

>people actually preferred SNES Mac to NES

The internet would never be the same

ZSS bad, Ridley/Lucas good

Come up with your best tagline for Chrom/Dark Samus

Chrom changes fate
Dark Samus starts the infection

CHROM GOT HIS CHANCE!

Dark Samus is Primed for battle

Banjo would make people lose their shit

Kat would do so even more but people would wonder why her

Banjo Kazooie seem to be the last relic of true Nintendo history

Shower me with insults, I don't care.

Attached: zzz6.png (808x1041, 638K)

really? her? you are such a fucking cool dude, i share your wishes

My nigger

All of the hype for Smash Ultimate, from the teaser back in March all the way to the release in December was just amazing. I felt like a kid again.

Mega Man and Richter Belmont were better reveals.

People freak out over Sakurai choosing such an obscure character as the next newcomer.

In reality I'm dead confident it'll be someone new I never heard of before this Japan Time, like Saber or Edelguard.

Attached: Mach_rider.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

based

Banjo and Kazooie would be close