Is this actually a good game or am I getting memed? Debating if I should get this or Diablo 3

Is this actually a good game or am I getting memed? Debating if I should get this or Diablo 3

Attached: 50121.jpg (1000x750, 434K)

there's a demo on the eshop

Buy it for her

Attached: 1532476474097.jpg (569x1024, 70K)

Whatever you do, dont buy d3. Its shit and mindless, you might as well play cookie clicker

Wasn't the demo an earlier build of the game?
Who is she? looks cute
But it looks fun and I could give my Loot Goblin amiibo an use

Not worth full price, get I on sale if you can.

>Wasn't the demo an earlier build of the game?
no

Try the demo out.
It's a very traditional JRPG and each plotline is seperate.

>Who is she? looks cute
A happy merchant!

Attached: 1532663246787.gif (180x180, 81K)

That was the first demo. The second demo includes everyone's first chapter. Just play it before you buy it.

How much does she charge for anal?

She doesn't even know about lewd things like that user!

Attached: 1532667629178.jpg (600x840, 518K)

its certainly better than some fucking braindead grinder like diablo

It's not as good as the old rpgs in the snes and ps1 eras as it tries to be, but it's still decent.

Bootleg Live A Live.

I've been to many Octopath threads. The general consensus that I usually get is:

Pros:
- God tier soundtrack
- Good art
- Decent gameplay/combat
- Enjoyable characters

Cons:
- Mediocre story
- Characters barely interact or acknowledge each other's existence
- Game can be grindy at times
- Final boss is a side quest, and a *very* hard one

Overall, I really like the game. I'd recommend it, but other people have different tastes than I do.

Attached: Octopath_Traveler_OST_Cover.png (1763x1613, 3.98M)

lost sphear > octopath

cringe and bluepilled

Octopath is merely "okay", but it's infinitely better than Diablo 3 which is at best complete shit.

This, the demo is literally "here's the game, play it for 3 hours and see what you think"

Basically this.

The game opens really strong and it'll be magical as you do everyone's chapters 1-3 and it's good enough to get you through all eight character's chapters but you'll probably be ready to jump to another game by the time you've got to do your B-team's chapter 3 and 4 --and doing the true final boss is absolutely not worth it in any way. Seriously, a shitty boss rush with some text dumps as a reward followed by an ok boss. Also the one point in the game where all eight characters are present and have to have completed their four chapters, and still none of them speak.

Every chapter is so rigidly structured to the same formula (Town > Talk to NPCs > use special skill > dungeon > boss) that while the actual story and combat is good, the game still feels like a repetitive chore.

Just a few bad decisions (chapter structure, allowing the player to do anything in any order thus making it impossible to have regular character interaction) really drag this otherwise great game down.