Will Animal Crossing ever be this comfy ever again? Every game since has failed to capture that original feel

Will Animal Crossing ever be this comfy ever again? Every game since has failed to capture that original feel.

Attached: 1454758512238.png (640x480, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RPUg8sqYaFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If the new one shakes up the experience from what was set up in wild world, maybe. All we know is this way suuucks

No you fucking retard

Every animal crossing has been equally as comfy, you've just gotten used to it because you've learned that there's really not much to do in the games other than the most efficient ways of making money to pay off your debt

You played the first Animal Crossing back when you weren't efficient at it. Now you've learned that the games don't have shit to actually do in them that's actually worth it

Why run around doing boring tasks like trading shirts with townsfolk and making deliveries when you can just farm red snappers and sharks

Once youve played it once all others may be technically better but its not the first time youve played it. I consider Gamecube to be the best and only one I like even though the newer ones are technicly better. Fuck I actually kinnda liked new leaf first time I played it. Then I unlocked the island. God what were they thinking giving the player infinite acess to the most valuable wildlife in the game. I got bored and didnt play again a mere one day later after making half a mil in like 1 hour of play.

>Every animal crossing has been equally as comfy
But that's wrong you literal faggot. Things like music, aesthetic choices such as the camera angle and the lighting engine, certain holidays/events, game mechanics, and so on have changed or been removed/added between each title so it's impossible to make a claim like yours and not come off as a clueless moron.

that would be fine if any of those things were actually different enough to make a difference in this case, which they aren't you melodramatic beta

the music is a huge difference
the villager dialog being brain dead is a huge difference

every single fucking acgc thread gets ruined by some fucking attention-seeking contrarian faggot. why?

Except they objectively are, you're a retarded faggot, and it would be better for everyone if you downed a bottle of bleach and made your poor parents happy for a change.

bloo bloo they change the little kid animal town game a tiny bit bloo bloo

Maybe it’s because ACGC threads are inherently started by contrarian faggots who can’t accept that the series has gotten objectively better over time, and the only arguments they have are completely subjective like “muh music” and “muh comfy”?

There is simply no pleasing any of you. I hope when /vr/ finally accepts GCN games you’ll all fuck off for good, because nobody likes nostalgiafags holding back AC discussion with constant whining about how you can’t play easily emulated NES games anymore.

FUCK ALREADY

Becoming mayor was a fucking mistake. If you aren't mayor you might as well be a homeless person or dead. That's what I hate most about New Leaf. Fuck everybody else that wants to play on your game apparently.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's Isabelle waifucucks

Wild World was good.

not if you enjoyed holidays

>animal crossing + harvest moon farming and town mechanics + romance with human and animal npcs
would literally be the best animal crossing game

this is an extremely negative animal crossing thread. time to pack it in i guess

good night anons

youtube.com/watch?v=RPUg8sqYaFg

>human NPCs
no

desu, i just added that because romancing animals will attract furry hate

animal crossing games always has at least one catch that prevented them from being perfect, imo
the first one had the biggest towns but the neighbors were less than kind
wild world had a fair amount of emphasis on interpersonal connection and locked some content behind it
city folk decreased house size and had really bad grass trampling mechanics
new leaf's towns really felt cramped - especially with the public works projects and extra in-town buildings
not really complaining as much as criticizing tho, but i still think new leaf has the most amount of good pages to take from, with population growing coming second

but yeah if we get some farming mechanics or some extra daily chores to do instead of just selling the junk we find for money for furniture than that'd be super fuckin cool

>but the neighbors were less than kind
yeah, until they warmed up to you
they weren't giving you sloppy bjs right off the bat like in the rest of the series
i'd say for the most part the games have gotten better more than they've gotten worse but i really prefer grumpy villagers to actually be hardasses instead of "grr i'm angry but not at u mr. mayor"

All dialogue after the original was neutered. It will never be comfy again.

I've had my original GC town, Wargrove, for over ten years now. I play at least once a year just to pull some weeds and remember.
Talking to Bob and Coco and some other favorites who "remember" me always gives me a wistful feeling of being a teen again, lonely as the new kid in school in a new city, not realizing how lonely I really was growing up in an abusive single-parent home, keeping me sane and ruining my already-ruined sleep schedule. I've left letters on there for my children, who may never read them, for the animals to be nice to them, and stories about exes. Hundreds of letters.
One day in my twenties I realized how lonely I actually was, and played less and less. College started, I started dating, and since paying off the house and doing everything possible to perfect it, it lost it's effect anyway. But the game kept me out of trouble. I will go to my grave with this secret.
Thanks for letting me reminisce.

>City Folk
Ah yes that fuckin grass or lack thereoff. It was the last game I played with my siblings and fuck were we bothered by the way grass worked. You had two choices fuckin walk everywere or have no grass. I get that the idea was that common paths would slowly build a dirt path due to always being walked issue was most of the map is going to get trampled due to how the game works.

well still, that's sort of the thing
animal crossing gets its charm for being a kind of world you can retreat to when real life gets shit, and the last thing ya want is for the people there to hate you too
ALSO forgot to mention, the damn fossil identification system sucked hard, and a few other things that i cant remember that really needed refining

Attached: file.png (320x191, 51K)

That‘s cool, my town got deleted and the memory card is who knows where now

you're never going to be a naive middle schooler playing this game casually for the sim aspect and not focusing on the game aspect again so no

Attached: 1544374111848.png (720x1212, 825K)

wild world is comfy as fuck

PG's camera angle is shit

if you're in an acre with a gold bag underground, good luck knowing it if its behind a tree, because you sure as hell wont be able to see it

>melodramatic beta
Says the one throwing a tantrum over someone else's opinion.

It's a lot of the little things that the newer games have been missing.

Attached: img.jpg (480x360, 25K)

>the last thing ya want is for the people there to hate you too
But that's a realistic portrayal of neighbors. Unfriendly characters create balance in the world and make the game feel more natural.

sadly this, you can only play a game for the first time once, and Animal crossing depends too much of inmersion, which breaks as soon you understand the rules and mechanics of the game.

What about other players

>realistic
that's not what i'm here for

If they don't find a way to make money reliably and more fun than just farming bugs all night on an island then count me out.

They sort of had an opportunity to expand on something like this with that cafe job you could unlock in New Leaf. More jobs where you do stuff instead of just hoard shit and sell things like some Cragislist lunatic would be a nice change of pace.

Maybe life is about more than making money.

if you planted a diverse orchard using fruit you get from other people then you could harvest something like over 9K not even memeing bells every day just for that
there's also selling any dupe fish you catch while looking for some to either fill out your encyclopedia or fill up your home, same with bugs

there's also the stalk market

Americans will never understand. :-(

look at all the buzz words

Where? Did you reply to the wrong post? Game mechanics, lighting engine, music are buzz words?

Even threads for something like animal crossing are caustic.
LMAO this site is a joke.

>tfw no US release of e+

We could return to the comfy, but nintendo will never let us...

Attached: Doubutsunomorieplus.jpg (375x500, 41K)

Fuck off back to /r/animalcrossing then

New Leaf definitely topped the first one, it just doesn't have as much nostalgia fuel

CF and WW are the worst

With pleasure.

Im an American and im gonna need your home country right now cause it looks like its a bit to infested with reds at the moment. I can get a CIA coup going ASAP just for you to help out.

Wait I think you're onto something

but the later games enabled you to do those ridiculous farming tactics. The island is nothing but a goliath beetle printing machine

Do you really miss shit like having to mail every single fossil you dig up to the museum to identity them?

New Leaf was held back by making you the mayor responsible for running the town instead of just letting you be a citizen in it and moving further into "job sim" territory. Things like the windmill and light house should really have interactivity options like the lighthouse did before

It’s not though, at least in America.

t. American

Well my home country is America so you can get that CIA coup started whenever it's ready.

Actually yes. Mailing away to have your fossils identified felt more authentic and it helped the pacing a bit when it came to filling out your fossil section of your museum. Now it's easily filled much too fast and once you've done that there's no point to even searching for fossils anymore.

US release was e+

capitalism needs to hurry up and collapse already, we're almost there

i loved ww :c

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on Yea Forums.

Stop living in the past you faggot lol.

>no point to even searching for fossils anymore.

Well that's just not true, you can sell them.

Also in New Leaf I think you can have the jealous alpaca dude make models out of fossils.

No it never will

The reason the first was so comfy was because of the unique and seemingly endless amount of dialogue. This was done by NoA during the porting and it was done so well that they remade the japanese version with this dialogue heavy version back. Nintendo is too lazy to write dialogue anymore so it will never be comfy because all the villagers will always say the same shit over and over every day and be copies of each other.

Attached: 1533758240996.jpg (684x1000, 174K)

That's your particular taste and nostalgic attachment.
Most people have been able to adapt to the newer games.

Attached: also your town hall is closed because fuck you we decide what the mayor can or can't do.png (1037x493, 489K)

>Most people have been able to adapt to the newer games.

They stupid. Old thing good. New thing bad.

Unga bunga.

Fuck the rolling pin

You can sell them, but it's not as efficient as selling other things instead

Will holidays ever reach their former glory? It's like they're so close, but now Bill's wife is hogging all the fucking spotlight

Every little bit helps~

Not really, making money is super easy in the games now so it's just a waste of time

So, you're going to let real life politics/fetishes interfere with game design and aesthetics? Nintendo, don't hire this man.

too late ;-)

There's an English patch that's being made for it currently, it's still in beta but it's almost completed. If you shell out 5 dollars on his Patreon you can get it immediately I've spent a few hours on it and the only things I've noticed that aren't translated are a few catchphrases and the bulletin board postings.

Attached: 1376883951924.png (1174x1180, 687K)

None of them will ever match the feeling of the GCN one for those who were a kid when the GCN one came out, like myself. I was in highschool when the DS one came out, and I bought and enjoyed that one, but it never matched the original, because my child-like wonder was no longer there for the game. I never bought any of the future titles, and I'm fine with that. I have great memories of the original GCN one, and I don't really want any future ones to tamper with those.

My first Animal Crossing game was Wild World, played through it and completed my museum etc before giving ACGC a shot, instantly recognised the Gamecube version as superiour. No nostalgia involved.