Likes/dislikes of Monster Hunter World?

So, after amassing after around 130 hours over restarting 3 times, I finally realized that I just don't like World. And before you think this is yet another "HURR DURR Y R THERE NO COMPLAINTS FOR MHW" thread that's always popping up, I get that this game doesn't have universal love and there's especially criticisms here on Yea Forums, I just don't get why I don't like it, so I'm wonder what everybody else likes/dislikes about MHW.

It's so weird, actually thinking about the game and mechanics itself, I can't think of anything wrong unless I'm willing to stoop down to such stupid and simple reasons like 'it's too casualized' or some shit, but I can't figure out what doesn't grab me. I've loved almost all of the other MHs (besides the first 2 on the PS2 and Stories), hell, even 4/U and Gen. even with all of their faults, it's just this one that I don't like despite being so similar to rest.

Anyways, too cut this shitty start to a thread short I'm legitimately wondering what people's thoughts about it are. Maybe to actually understand why I don't like it, or just to validate my feelings because I'm such a faggot, but either way.

Attached: snap003.png (480x272, 102K)

kirin slutwear is overrated
there's better slutwear

Agreed, but I was too lazy to google a different set.

The endgame isn't that entertaining as it was in other games.
The armour is largely uninspired or doesn't look that great.
Lots of new stuff is gated by "time limited" so it expects me to play on its schedule rather than my own. Which is fucking lame as fuck.
The gameplay itself is fun so it's a shame these glaring flaws keep me from playing it.

I think the problem with it and most modern mh games (4 onward) is that powercreep has finally caught up with the series, hunters have just gotten so powerful with so many tools at their disposal over all the games that nothing can stand up to you anymore outside of MMO tier aoe spammers like what the dlc monsters for world have been. It just makes the game unfun when you're either fighting a punching bag or playing ddr, they had the opportunity to cull a lot of the bloat and powercrrep of 4th gen with World but instead doubled down on it while adding even more things to make you more powerful, pretty disappointing.

P3rdG with everything from P2G would have been perfect for me
>tfw no 3U, 4U or XX on Vita

Attached: 1470597970280.jpg (487x432, 12K)

If nothing else, I just hate the visuals. It just makes me feel like I'm playing a MH knockoff. REmake 2 and DMCV look great visually, so maybe they just weren't used to the photorealistic visuals yet when making World. It's like the game has 100% graphics, but zero fucking artistic style whatsoever. I'm hoping that they fix this by the time the next thing after Iceborn releases

Just as you don't know why you dislike the game, I don't know why I don't dislike it.

Maybe I am just glad Monster Hunter is finally on fucking PC. Hopefully they do something with the balance though and make Heavy Bowgun more interesting. It's my favorite weapon.

The base gameplay is an improvement, as in the hunter's movements and attacks are better.
The graphics are amazing, though they still don't bother to even attempt to stop clipping in any regard.
The new monsters are all great additions, Mudsioth aside.
The farm is much easier, though still placed in a terrible spot.
However I feel that the rest of the game is either a step backwards or not changed at all.

Give me prowler mode.
Give me more unique weapons THAT ALREADY EXIST IN PREVIOUS GAMES

Attached: 1469593746918.jpg (480x480, 25K)

The fucking graphics and artstyle blow. Realistic graphics were a mistake in gaming

What the last user said, and coming from the pc masterace and first MH (can't be bothered to purchase consoles for the games). It was a total blast and got about 205+ hours playing with friends, pubbies, and even /vg/ most of the time. But then the end-game came along and it was just... not fun? I can't make comparisons to the older games for obvious reasons, but only doing elder dragons and systematic sieges (i.e. golden tiddy goddess) and bunch of other shit instead of having fun just fighting whatever monsters during the journey was a buzzkill. I went cold turkey when I realized that's all there was.

Attached: 20190118183610_1.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

There really isn't any endgame, the weapons look too samey, there isn't a whole lot of monster variety. I get they made everything from scratch so its no surprise they don't have many monsters but still. Besides that I think almost everything else is an improvement

I'm not going to go over the obvious things that every autistic and heir grandma knows about. Some of the things that I absolutely think need to change are
-negative skills on armor, because without them g rank armor will be so ludicrously broken that it'll be insane
-a proper hunting hub and multiplayer experience, MHWs system of dropping into SOS flares and jetting out never to see those players again is so fucking bad compared to the older games that ts baffling
-rebalancing of monster hp, I shouldn't be able to dumpster a toestra in ninety seconds reliably, that's fucking insane.

>Instead of designing features to make tracking part of the hunt they just fucking gave you a fart gas that lights up the location of the monsters
Just fucking teleport me to the fight then.
What the Hell is even the point of the areas? There's nothing to fucking do but light up those fireflies and endlessly fuck around chasing a monster because despite the expansive tool list there's nothing clever about the way you can hunt monsters.
Series hasn't moved a fucking inch since its inception and is the embarrassment of Capcom at this point. Maybe even moreso than the Street Fighter team.

>no real leotard armor
This is actually a series-wide complaint. The only game to even remotely appease my fetish is Frontier and it's just the fucking Cammy and Morrigan event outfits which aren't even available anymore. I am fucking baffled and quite frankly offended.

Unless I've missed an armor set or something. I really fucking hope not.

Attached: cammy.jpg (200x198, 14K)

That game was amazing. It felt like a sequel to Freedom Unite, the best MonHun game. There is genuine hatred for it because it left the nintendo platform, but generations just went in a whole different direction. It felt different.

Attached: 1534111811276.jpg (707x1000, 465K)

When I started playing World, the last MH games I played were Tri and FU. I really enjoyed the game even though I was already seeing flaws int it. But, a week ago I started FU again on emulator to show a firend how good the game was and fuck World's problems hit me hard. I'm not even talking about content. I remember thinking that people were exaggerating when they said that World was made easier down but it's very true, being able to take items in your box at anytime is really broken and that's not the only thing.
I'd like to try the other MH on nintendo platforms, to see the evolution but I don't want to buy a console just for that.

Attached: 1549648254468.jpg (858x880, 591K)

that's another big part of what I don't like about World, they had the opportunity to move a lot of the UI features to a more organic type of thing, but instead doubled down on the UI bloat with damage numbers while removing blood, a horrible minimap, skyrim flies that spin your camera all over, and other shit when a bunch of stuff could have just been left alone or taken away instead, they have a good base footprint system in place that you could use fine without the flies at all if they just left the decals on the ground longer, there's a huge number of small decisions that add up to the game being as disappointing as it is

A lot of that same MH charm was lost in the process. The game looking and playing like the intro cinematics is cool, but a lack of some gameplay and aesthetic details like kind of detract from it.

Since it's a much larger overhaul, it's still going to be a good while before MH games go back to having larger volumes of monsters.

you can emulate 3ds if you have a good enough computer and 3U on cemu runs well on moderate computers

To add to that, while the environments are cool in World, they just don't compare to what we had before, I can't really tell why but it's supposed to be a new world but everything feels way less mysterious than the basic forest of FU for example.

Attached: MHGen-Bherna_Artwork_001.jpg (640x1000, 755K)

I enjoyed playing MHW, though the only other Monster Hunter that I played before was MHFU on the PSP.

I hope they bring Tigrex or Khezu back.

I'll try that after I'm finished again with FU. I also need to play 3rd portable with the english patch.

I got bored of this game after like 70 hours I played MH4U for 300 hours, my main problem was the lack of multiplayer lobbies which is terrible, their feels like no real community I have no idea why they even got rid of them it ruins online experience, the other thing was the armor and weapon design was ugly as fuck which made me not care about grinding for new stuff as much as old games I also think scaling fights is moronic too since it just make it easier to do monsters solo half the time than with some shitter who isn't pulling their weight worth the extra health and damage increase the monster has. Honestly change is good but imo they chnaged TOO much to the point its kind of alienating for older fans, I get the appeal though since this game still fucking amazing compared to other AAA trash out there right now and I think majority of the praise are newcomers to the series who don't know any better but I really could never get over the removal of lobbies desu that seriously rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh yeah forgot to said that in my post, the crossbow is trash. It's also really big on the armor and looks bad. Just give a rope with a grappling hook and let hunters throw bombs again.

And to add one last thing to that, I'm not super fan of verticality, I don't know how it was in 4 and gen but I prefer staying on the ground like in the old ones. Underwater combat was really fun though, I wish they kept that.

Attached: 1550850719349.jpg (1600x1200, 261K)

Good man.

I fucking HATE the new way to drink potions, I don't care if it's easier or not, it pisses me off that it's canceled by everything and you just loses your potion.

The armor and weapons are amazing. there are tons and tons of unique pieces. that's probably what stood out to me the most in the game. the progression for the gear is good, but you just don't have the time to use it all. builds only come into the equation in end game.

It was my first MH and i didn't even try to upgrade my gear for every fight. There's poor story, poor progression, terrible excuses to grind monsters that have movesets you can learn after a couple of fights. i actually spent more time earning the wild wildlife background than i did doing the main story and side quests. the only challenges are AT monsters that 15-25 minutes to kill solo, which is extremely tedious, otherwise if you're lucky you'll get 1 decent player and 2 scrubs you have to carry that cart left and right. The only real challenge in the game is finding a decent team doing random SoS.

>armour and weapons are amazing
>it was my first MH
It shows because the designs are much more interesting, fun and charming in the older games.

>Cao Cao
based

There are very few strategic decisions made despite the huge variety of weapons, armor, charms, and decorations.I think they could fix this by just giving more decoration slots. I shouldn't need to categorically exclude my favorite weapons and armor sets just because their native perks don't permit for certain builds. Every armor config should permit for support builds. Every weapon should permit for elemental or status enhancements. As it stands, there is very much a meta and it's stifling and boring.

There isn't a motivating variety in monsters. Even if the core combat experience was hit and dodge, the attack and defense paradigms of the monsters are incredibly basic. Linear melee, linear ranged, AOE melee, AOE ranged. That's it. Diablos is the one exception to this but it's a farce - the dig attacks are still just AOE melee. There was an interesting opportunity with the pin mechanic that just went nowhere. Imagine if monsters could pin one of the hunters for more than 2 seconds, like in a way that requires the other hunters to coordinate to free them or keep them healed. Imagine if hunters' weapons and armors could be broken in battle. Imagine if monsters had defensive options to break up our attack patterns. There is so much potential to make this MMO Shadow of the Colossus but every fight is just a blah. Also half the monsters are just color swaps. Rathalos is just a more attack-heavy Rathian. Pink Rathian is just a more attack-heavy Rathalos. Azure Rathalos is just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Monsters just aren't big enough. They don't feel weighty, they don't feel intimidating, they don't feel like things that merit this much damage and abuse.

The story missions provide the illusion of an ecosystem but that vanishes the moment you kill the second of any given monster. Very little interaction or relational AI/environmental nuance. Shit like Deviljo picking up a Great Jagras should be happening constantly.

Also

>130 hours
>didn't grab me

It's my first and only Monster Hunter and I thought it was very hard. Frustrated the hell out of me. Haven't even touched anything tempered, I had enough of the game after ~80 hours. I don't regret it though, might revisit it someday. Probably the worst part is that it'll be hard to go back to earlier MH games for me. Come to think of it I had 4U and just couldn't get into it; trying it again I just can't deal with the handheld format for such a hard game (for me, anyway)

>Imagine if hunters' weapons and armors could be broken in battle.
Fucking delete this now before giving any idea to capcom.

Attached: delet.jpg (432x347, 38K)

Genuuinely curious, what do you find hard in the game ?

Wait, let me explain. Weapon and armor durability IN LIEU of stamina management. All still fixable in the field (i.e., whetstone). And only certain monster attacks damage armor. Again, the idea is to break up this monotonous face smacking that doesn't feel good. Less "see those numbers pop up," more "oh god oh jesus oh god FUCK YEAH GO TIME

There's practically already elements of this in monhun already, seeing losing sharpness is basically like your weapon breaking, dragonblight removes whatever elemental properties your weapon has, and and def down and super def down fucks your defense.

That's why it's already find the way it is. Infinite whetstone is a mistake though.
>IN LIEU of stamina management
Just make another game then. It won't be Monster Hunter anymore.

I'm just saying that Monster Hunter should be about hunting monsters. Right now it's Monster Chip Damager and also press X to track.

I'd rather monsters go down in 3 hits that take effort and skill to land than 4 billion bits that are just button mashing.

Unrelated but MHFU was my first Monster Hunter game and it is fucking garbage. Fuck the claw and people that support it. And the shit framerate. Then I played MH3U and I realized how great it was.

The problem I have with World, other than the casualization, is how vertical the maps are. 4U was a lot worse, but still. It was too much. I like my Monster Hunter maps flat. And I miss paint balls and map sections and all that shit.

The only thing I'd keep from world is how you get investigations gathering tracks for monsters that aren't necessarily on the field right then and there to hunt them later in specialized quests is good, but otherwise the tracking in world is braindead.

Is Koksal Baba okay?

Listen I'm not fond of MH:W but these posts makes you come across as a grade A dumpster brain and it's clear you don't know anything about the series. Did you even know this is a series or do you think World is all there is?

>Unrelated but MHFU was my first Monster Hunter game and it is fucking garbage. Fuck the claw and people that support it. And the shit framerate.
Your only problems with FU was that you couldn't git gud with the controls and 30 fps wasn't enough for you ?
You don't even really need to do the claw since you can reset the camera position with L. Also I haven't played FU in years and I just started again a week ago and the claw came back naturally. It's really not that bad. Maybe it helps that I'm a musician so I'm used to be agile with my fingers.

Attached: 1526155738703.png (600x800, 557K)

>want to play FU
>upgrades for LS are quickly throttled into 3*

Just farm machalite dude.

Or worse, hornetaur lol.

I just couldn't get into FU. This may sound casual, but the 3DS game's "focus with L" was just great. Combined with the virtual d pad, janky as it was, was just perfect. I actually liked the 3ds focus better than the lock on that World has.

How can you take 130 hours to realize that you don't like something?

>the 3DS game's "focus with L" was just great
What ? FU had the same when pressing L. I don't understand.

There's no reason to make anything other than eager cleaver, rathalos, and blangonga LS, there was a pretty good raw LS but I can't remember what line it was, element for LS has always been the better choice.

Yeah the focus is a great feature, the iOS port of FU added it iirc

FU on Vita is the best way to play though since you can set the right stick to control dpad and thus the camera

It was one of the first "hard" 3D action games I've ever played. I've played a lot more Mario games than titles along the lines of MHW, Souls, BB, etc. I guess I'm probably impatient and took too many stupid carts, but overall I think the game was mostly fair. It was mostly the elder dragons that made me rage, Nerg's dive, and a bunch of the other ones just had cheap bullshit that left me sour. But it feels great to finally fucking kill them and skin them

That resets the camera to where you're facing, focus instead turns the camera to focus on your selected target

Ok, I'm very used to not using any focus or lock on, I can't even play right if I try to use it lol.

I miss how satisfying it felt to hit weakpoints in older games. Hermitaurs come to mind specifically, but I'm pretty sure every monster had it. Where you hit them in a weakspot, theres a giant fucking blood particle and hitstop out the ass to make you feel like you're really fucking that monster up.

The hit effects feel really unsatisfying in MHW, and it seems like to make up for that they have damage numbers. But I feel like it was way cooler to GS swing something in the face, have that split frame of hitstop, then it flinches / falls down instead of just having an orange "800" to appear over it.

Autism, I know.

Ok I see. But if someday you want to see a game that's really hard, try Ninja Gaiden. It's really good too. And yeah you're probably not patient enough, the old games were better at telling you to only attack when you were sure to hit I think. They were harder too.

You still get the hit stop in World but the hit effects are toned way the fuck down

Yeah, one of the first thing I did in World was to deactivate the numbers but without them you don't have enough effects when you hit. I feel the sounds were different too, more like you were cutting through flesh but I'm not sure on that part.

Attached: 1538625201472.gif (480x270, 3.76M)

I played Ninja Gaiden back in the day and didn't get too far, but that's on the list to revisit. I had actually started Nioh before playing and beating MHW, and I'm enjoying that now more than I did before, though I'd still call it pretty punishing. The struggle is part of the fun though

Yeah, I was just thinking about that after posting, actually, and I remember noticing the hitstop quite a bit with attacks like hammer's sliding attack. I do feel like it's a bit toned down from before since I noticed it a lot in say, XX with Striker Lance charging into a weakpoint, but that might just have something to do with the relatively low framerate of the 3DS games.

For sure. I appreciate the numbers for when I'm trying to figure out how much damage things actually do, but I feel like the numbers could've been restricted to the Training Room or something instead of being the primary feedback on hitting the monsters.

I'd like to say I agree on the sounds, but I can't really remember World sounds or older sounds at the moment.

Also, somewhat related, I really miss the old KO buildup hit effect. The little yellow sparks when you hit something in the head don't do it nearly enough for me.

Nioh has a ton of pleb filters, but it's really not as hard as it seems at first. It's a lot of fun, but definitely not as hard as Ninja Gaiden Black / 2 on their hardest difficulties.

I think it's the opposite, there's too much hitstop on weapons like dual blades or SnS in world. It's a bad feeling with those weapons.

The old part break sound as well was a super satisfying CRUNCH that was loud and had a pretty big visual effect, World toned a lot of stuff down in general

I don't like how all the weapons look the same. I get that they are variations on the bone/iron paths, but I miss when you'd have HBGs shaped like tanks and wild shit like that littered throughout the trees. I also think a consequence of making environments look nicer, moving away from the ps2 graphics, is that you get a game that feels more noisy, but I don't think it's bad, it's just different. The difference being that previously the environments just kind of existed in the background, so there was more of a focus on you and the monster, but now you contest with it in terms of how you move and also with how it draws attention away.

The endgame definitely sucked when it came out (please inform me if this is different now) since you'd get there and just be like "oh well i guess I can grind for gems, but to what end?". Not having G-Rank blew since my favorite part of the older editions that had it was the feeling of getting through LR and HR only to have, what felt like, more content awaiting you.

That's right, in world I remember often only seeing that I broke a part because of the message that pops up while before it was harder to miss.

Endgame is not different.
for the backgrounds, I really enjoyed looking at it while doing gathering quests and shit in the previous games, in world not that much.

Yeah I think it's noisy to the point where it loses appeal. Everything in the old backgrounds felt a lot more deliberate, and probably was since it would come at a real cost on the hardware at the time. I didn't care for 3/3U as much but I loved 3rds environments.

I'm autistic enough that the decorating grind endgame didn't bother me. What killed World for me is the timegated event quests (Tri had them too FYI). While I'm not planning to go back to portable games, getting new DLC and keeping it was my favorite thing about them. Just waiting for them all to come out on the PC version so someone can whip up a quest replacer for all the important ones.

I agree with everything this user said except that I am still playing it.

the hammer just do a spinning attack fit for an inyeractive movie whether you want it or not. they shouldn't have added it or at the very least, have a dedicated button to enter spinning mode.
they ruined the hammer. it used to be a weapon about waiting for the right time to pound the head but now you slide to win...

Maybe it’s because u restarted the game three times and had to trudge through the same shit gear and same quests over and over

>the iOS port of FU added it iirc
I think it has straight up lock-on, actually. But yeah I agree it was great, I actually used focus style camera in MHW for the time that I played it.

Most of the issues I have with World stem from two sources - QoL stuff (like how badly some of the menues are, and how clumsily the GH is handled) and end-game content (why do we have so many fucking fire monsters and nothing for ice and water?). IB will address the later but I hope it adds more than fights. I want shit like like transmog armor, the layered sets are really lacking in variety.

They started improving and mixing up the ATs as they've gone (well except ZM) so it gives me optimism that the Master Rank will really deliver.

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20190204091108.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>40% of the endgame is effectively timegated by rotating events

Attached: 1470758529476.jpg (479x358, 44K)

One of my dislikes is the character customization. It should have had it like Dragons Dogma.

Attached: 10.23.jpg (1680x1050, 141K)

They don't want to make armors that adapt to different body types.

>follow the green flies
>no tactics or difficulty required some dinosaurs just have one shots
>story and characters are lifeless
>multiplayer is clunky
>nothing to invest in besides ugly power creep optimal builds since sets dont share skills
>power creep makes most dinosaurs actual fodder
>10 years of attack commitment just makes the combat boring instead of satisfying to engage
Pretty landscapes and neat ideas there's just really not much beyond that.

>tfw no 3U, 4U or XX on Vita

Attached: TFWNoMH4UOnVita.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

Honestly the thing that puts me off World the most is the visuals. The graphics themselves look great and I love the more detailed models for the monsters and the sprawling environments, but I hate looking at it because the colours are so dull and washed out (I've seen some people mess around with colour correction and everything looks so much better, it's ridiculous), the human characters all look greasy and sickly, and weapon and armour design completely went to shit.

Attached: Primal_Forest.jpg (600x337, 87K)

Personally, World is my favorite MH.
The last one I played prior to world however was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U. I put nearly 600 hours in that game.

With MHW, I love how detailed the world is. The QOL improvements to combat without simplifying the game to an extremely casual degree, the monsters are cool, I'm hyped for DLC giving me a snow area.
That said, my complaints with world are that the weapon designs felt samey in comparison to other titles, and the lack of G-Rank or many monsters compared to other titles as well. I can understand the monsters to an extent, considering how much more work they are than the low-poly titles, but still....
And the lack of a snow area.
I still hope they add swimming back, but I doubt they will again any time soon. I'm probably the only one who liked that.

Attached: Aibo its a big one.jpg (149x295, 7K)

whats a vita

Its a handheld that MH left behind.

I've always been so shit at MH games; I couldn't get even get past the 3-star quests for a long time in Freedom 2/Unite, and I'm not blaming having to use the D-pad and the stick at the same due to the PSP only having one stick. The weapon and armour designs were really cool in the older games: having a rapier as a lance was kinda silly but really helped to motivate a shitter like me to gather the materials.

World's weapons and armours, as others have put it, look so similar that I've resorted to using the Bird head as my helmet and bright, pink armour just to look cool. The game's also so easy that me, who's never even reached G-rank before, managed to finish the game pretty quickly. Since I'm a MH casual, the only fun I've had post-game was helping beginners in quests.

Also, how the fuck do you beat the Kushala in Freedom Unite?

>I still hope they add swimming back, but I doubt they will again any time soon. I'm probably the only one who liked that.
Plenty of people did, but I think most would agree it definitely needed improvement.

This. I feel like they dont put enough love in world like in other

>it definitely needed improvement.
Yeah, I agree with you on that.
I do really like the verticality of MHW too. I forgot to mention that. Combine that with swimming, itd be great.

also they ruin the online lobbys for me. i liked to see my team mates before i start a mission. now everyone is in his own single player lobby, dont giving any shit and start to join at the half of the time

Really?
The game has so much detail in it, I honestly felt the exact opposite.

Eager Cleaver his everywhere

Didn't think about that till just now.
I like the SOS flare, but I agree they need to improve lobbies overall with the expansion.

>after amassing after around 130 hours over restarting 3 times, I finally realized that I just don't like World
You sound retarded.

>Also, how the fuck do you beat the Kushala in Freedom Unite?

He trips when you land a stagger on the head, use GS or Hammer to exploit openings when he turns to face you. Use Flash Bombs and Lightning Rods (roughly equivalent to one LBB) when he's in the air. Kushala always taunts on doing a backhop.

Eager Cleaver is an acceptable LS to use, too. And like all monsters in MHFU, don't stand directly in front of a monster.

He's optional, so why bother?

i still miss to spam emotes with other while waiting for the last one to get the quest. Rip Lobby youll never forgeten

I think a lot of love went into certain aspects of the game at the expense of others aspects.

Like what? World is the first time in my life that I saw a monster FULLY CLIPPING INSIDE THE ENVIRONMENT.

Such as?

World's maps are like one of the old sections but stretched out, if that makes sense. As in it all has the same palette and personality throughout. Whereas in some of the older games (bar older things like FU) each section had a unique palette / feel / perspective. there was more variety - and more freedom as to how the artists expressed the locale. Almost like 12 small theater stage sets sown together. That was unique to MH.

The thing I hate about world the most is how fake their big living environment actually is. MONSTERS INTERACT WITH EACHOTHER, by performing exactly the same animation everytime they meet and then coinflipping to determine which one will win. MONSTERS INTERACT WITH THE ENVIRONMENT, by running into a new area and then immediately running directly under the stage hazard so you can hit them this is especially blatant when they go to the middle spot in elders recess and proceed to walk directly under the giant crystal.NO LOADTIMES, by filling the game with annoying hallways that take longer than previous load times and if you are playing the console version the loadtime at the start is longer than all the load times combined in old monster hunters.

It doesn't help that they clearly put 90% of the effort into making the forest and then the zones get progressively more half assed until you reach the recess which is just five boss rooms glued together. They couldn't even bother to fully make use of the areas they made like the entire west half of coral highlands

I liked it quite a lot but some of the more cinematic stuff was rather tedious. It's weird that a lot of the things they did as innovation completely don't matter in the lategame. You never care about monster fights, you never care about the bug, the latter stages don't have any verticality the way the forest does.
I think the game is really hurt by how shitty elemental weapons are for most weapon types and the very small roster/equipment, making it hard to really try something out. Due to the shitty way the armor system works it's hard to mix and match armor sets, and I dislike how the gems are random drops, making it a lottery with how likely you are to get these exact 2-3 gems that you want lategame.
But generally the game is pretty fun and I liked being able to play the game on steam with friends

its because the game practically abandoned any of the more colorful/silly looking monsters. like zinogres electric blue looking edgy thunderwolf looking ass. its like they wanted to be a bit more "realistic" with monsters. shitty weapon designs aside, theres practically no goofy weapons or armor in the base game(not counting events).
also the postgame added monsters were meh. like lunastra really? of ALL the monsters you could have added the one you did add was a fucking recolor of an existing one. yes i know she fights a bit different but it was still lazy as fuck.
also i bet you enjoyed fucking around with people in the gathering hub, you cant even do that anymore cauae noone goes to the damn thing since its optional.

I've put a few hundred hours into it and I've yet to experience that.
I'm not just saying that to make World look good. Its my favorite, but it does have issues I want improved on in the expansion. Lobbies, wep variety, monster amount and variety (less fire please), etc.

Expense of what? I assume a few things i listed?

Phoned in weapon designs, no monster variety, nowhere near enough map or map variety, shitty plot artificially elongated by LR>HR fuckery. No build variety because of simplified armor skills and total lack of variety. They've already power creeped themselves into a corner and I dred to see how much worse Iceborne (which is such a stup[id fucking name, goddamn) makes it.

TTKs are too long. 15+ minutes of ankle chopping (unless you flinch-lock monsters with head damage, another completely idiotic design flaw) is too long and too fucking boring.

The game's missing about 10 gigs of content, flinchlocking needs to be gotten rid of, and monster HP needs to be about halved in a lot of cases.

Dislikes:
> like 10 total monsters
> Gathering Hub is useless
> Armor and Weapon designs are bland and uninspired/not fun and whacky
> Too realistic ties in with above
> Open maps make the overall game feel smaller, because the zones ARE indeed smaller
> No farms
> No prepping for a quest, you can do everything in-mission
> Not enough maps
> Endgame sucks right now/No G rank as of yet

> QOL Changes, mining, chugging, quest boards
> Easy Online access
> Cool weapon art things
> Easy and manageable armor outfitting/buffing
> Graphics
> Farm is "convenient" but overall less fun and not worth the change

its very obvious this game was sent out to die of mediocrity so they could keep making easy handheld games. then it blew up and now they have to actually try and they are fucking that up cause the content feed is so damn slow i doubt half the people who played it are gonna come back. its sad man...

World was my first MH and I put over 500 hours on it.

It has flaws but I still come back from time to time with the seasonal festivals and the gameplay is still fresh everytime. I'm really looking forward to Iceborne

>like the entire west half of coral highlands
They really need to make some shit happen here soon.

>Expense of what? I assume a few things i listed?
Pretty much exactly what you listed, but it can't be understated how important those things are. Iceborne definitely needs to address all of your points.

It's a good game, but a terrible MH game.

With casualized gameplay, dull monsters and 0 worthwhile additions to the MH formula it's easily the worst sequel in the franchise.

Attached: e0028947_4ab2590eccf1a.jpg (1920x1080, 821K)

It's fun seeing delusional faggots saying how this is the worst game just because it's the newest one.

I really think monster hunter going to nintendo fucked up the vita big time. All japs and their mothers would have bought it for MH.

>ywn jump in the water from the top of the big tree in the forest

Attached: 1537381222824.png (800x600, 658K)

It's fun seeing delusional faggots saying how this is the best game just because it's the newest one and they never played the rest.

>its very obvious this game was sent out to die of mediocrity so they could keep making easy handheld games.
God you people are fucking dumb. How much money and time do you think went into MHW?

>The QOL improvements to combat without simplifying the game to an extremely casual degree
I thought the same until I came back to older titles. I was always saying that people were exaggerating but only a little actually. Being able to change all your equipmenet and take what you want from your item box at anytime is really broken.

I don’t understand why the fuck I can have played MHW for 350 hours and still be disappointed. Maybe that speaks to the greatness of the fundamental concept of Mobster Hunter and our hunter-gatherer instincts as humans.

Maybe that’s what it’s lacking: a sense of realism. Flying on wingdrakes, not having to “camp” at actual camps. No feeling of survivalism. The list goes on and many anons above have made great points of criticism.

Also, I don’t mean remove fun gameplay stuff or >hurr durr realism ina game about hammering dinosaurs. I mean that somehow I got really fucking immersed in the previous games MHW didn’t feel like a part of me like the previous ones did. It’s possible Iceborne will conpletely reshape this strange retrospective perception phenomenoni know I’m a fucking dumb dumb but maybe another user feels the same way

>I couldn't get even get past the 3-star quests for a long time in Freedom 2/Unite
It's because it's the first time were you really have to upgrade your armor.

>I do really like the verticality of MHW too

Worst part of the entire game. The only way to chase after Rathalos is to totally ignore the useless map and climb up at multiple very specific points and traverse several levels of unremarkable foilage. It basically forces you to learn the layout of the jungle all on its own, instead of it coming to you naturally after hunting other monsters because no other monter goes up there.

not enough obviously if they thought making the same mistake as mh3 content wise was a good idea, especially when there exists a game from the same series with way more variety.

lol no. Just buy the battle armor set.

im not really understanding you, seems like you LIKE the realism? I'm thinking i like the old monster hunters much more because theyre so over the top and UNrealistic

You couldve always emulated the older games
Don't try to find excuses, you're just one of those guys who believes old games don't meet their standards

I've put thousands of hours into the series starting with 3U. I've enjoyed every one of them that I've played including World but what made me drop World was a combination of slow loading times and the timed events. I know those events cycle back around but in past games once an event came out and you got the quest it was always available to do whenever you had time for it and wanted to do it. Now in MHW if one comes out and you're just too busy with life to sit down and put the time in for it then you're just fucked. Better luck next time around, who knows if you'll be busy then too and miss it again. It's a bunch of shit and I hate that they've done it that way.

Naaah bro you nailed it maaaaaan its so obvious that Capcom released MHW expecting it to do poorly and bomb, you cracked the case. You're so smart!

I forgot you could buy armors lol. Doesn't feel natural.

Serious question, what would you improve ? I can't think of anything, I really liked it that way.

all of your problems are solved with PC

thanks man i tried really hard thinking that up!

Attached: image0-1.gif (498x304, 2.72M)

I actually do agree with that. I hope they change this in the expac or next game.

I've never see anyone besides me trying to get people to do arm wrestling. It was always fun to do one ft2 between each quests.

I've beaten every MH multiple times and I never grind, ever. Armors you can buy. Armors you get for free like in 4U. Weapons made from bugs and ores. They're all you need.

What slow loading times?

I don't care about what I need, I care about how I want my hunter to look like.

Being naked, truly underrated.

World obviously suffers from the fact that it is build mostly from scratch unlike most MH games. Alot of new ideas in it are good on paper but just don't seem to work all that well in game. Mantles are a fine addition but some of them are braindead overpowered. World introduces alot of tools to deal with monsters, yet the monsters aren't really tougher in anyway. scoutflies and gathering tracks started out good, but it then quickly devolves into some braindead shit you don't care about since the tracking game plays itself sooner or later.

One of the biggest problems obviously is endgame content. the real shit with that ofcourse is that instead of introducing G-rank or more monsters you get a bunch of le epic maymay crossover events who are overglorified raid bosses.

I quit world when i reached the coral looking place . The fact that 2/3 zones i had been in were just a fuckton of unnecesary visual shit and every monster giving way too many mats made me not have to farm at all. And fuck the jungle

i really didnt like specifically:

the awkward controls on pc with mouse/kb
the retarded forced torture of boring unskippable cinematic sequences inherited from consoleshit
and the fake "openworldness" and sheer linearity (but this could pass if the other 2 weren so bad)

and really liked the char i maked for myself, it was a shame

>build mostly from scratch unlike most MH games
Stop this meme. You can trace every skeleton/animation and sound to another Capcom game or freeware (Kirin's fucking nay is at least 20 years old, literally).

The only thing they made from scratch are the maps.

You may not like it but this is what peak map design look like.

Attached: 185.png (185x185, 42K)

t. salty bingbing

3rd gen volcano is so good

There isn't a single zone in that map that's not rememberable.

If that was true people would say that of every new game and it didn't happen.

game was solid it just lacked end-game content & some of the weapons/amour felt pretty boring compared to the older games in the series
was good while it lasted, got ~100 hours from it
got ~500 from mhgen though, so there's definitely a content discrepancy
i also feel that the QOL changes were very well done

World made previous MonHuns obsolete for me. If they beef up the roster with the DLC and future updates, or the next release expanding on World, it'll just make them completely irrelevant in my eyes.

This is from someone that has played Freedom Unite with 3 IRL friends for over 500 hours and has over 1500 hours combined in previous MonHuns.

Attached: 34213.jpg (211x399, 30K)

There's different types of realism.

It was almost as bad in 4/4U as it is in World, but Gen/GU toned it way down except for the 4U maps that were in the game.

>World made previous MonHuns obsolete for me.
Why ? Because of the graphics ?
I just got back to playing FU again and I'm really enjoying it, I started a new game from scratch.

Dont reply to posts like that, they're obviously Worldsperm that only played world and lied about playing previous titles

I can pinpoint the exact moment the game broke my heart.

When you're supposed to go find the third expedition (or maybe fourth, I forgot, doesn't matter), you go on a quest. So naturally I prepare for a tough quest and I'm itching for a fight. Then I realize I have the handler with me. Alright, that's cool, a bit of story stuff I guess. Then I realize she's scripted to walk ahead of me.

ISeeWhereThisIsGoing.jpg

So obviously there's a cutscene where a monster shows up. It's pretty cool, and I'm altogether hype about fighting it. But then in the cutscene it knocks me and the dumbfuck handler off the ledge and I have to be saved by some fucking cunt I don't give a shit about. And then the quest ends.

Then a bunch of more story shit that at this point I'm not invested in at all. Then I get to go on an expedition. The goal is to just "spot" the monster. I don't give a shit. I'm going to hunt it. And I do. I fight it a bit, and realize I should have probably upgraded my armor first, because it one-hits me. But that's fine, that's great actually, that's exactly what I want! The game is giving me a bit of a challenge! Awesome! So I go looking for the monster, and by now I'm legit really hyped. And I get to where it is. And it leaves immediately. And again. And again. I realize there's a pattern, so I go to the next area in the pattern and wait, but it only ever leaves an area when I get there. Then I get the notification.

"The monster is about to leave the map."

And that's the moment I gave up on the game. I kept running around trying to catch up to this monster to the end, but ultimately it left the area. No, I have to go through this dumb cycle of cutscenes, expeditions, a bunch of easier quests, and then actually getting to hunt the monster.

It ruined expeditions, too, because it made it obvious that the monsters in them when you're first exploring a new area are scripted not to engage you properly. So there's no sense of threat. It's just a meaningless chore.

Because the gameplay is just United's gameplay but refined. There's no filler to movesets, there's no silly weapon arts or styles, it's just the core moveset with a few great additions. The slinger is fantastic and makes perfect sense, mounting monsters has been nerfed and made balanced and the hitboxes are great. Also the controls GOD does it feels fucking orgasmic to finally play MonHun withotu developing carpal tunnel syndrome holy fuck.

It's a rock solid core to base future games on. The only faults it has can be fixed in future releases, like greater difficulty, more monster and weapon variety, etc.

My main like and dislike with World are the same thing: The smoother and more lenient animations. I like it a lot more than the clunkiness that I got used to on older titles. It feels nice. However, giving the player the ability to move and fine tune positioning DURING an animation without giving monsters the same ability trivializes the gameplay to a degree. The monsters still have their same clunky and telegraphed (even more so now) animations as always.

A lot of people complain about the lack of monster variety, but the monster roster can be expanded upon in future titles just like they did with past games. But this disparity between the players' and monsters' abilities is a fundamental aspect of World's gameplay and I don't see them working very hard to remedy it.

Attached: 1551559175369.jpg (716x768, 101K)

The maps in MHW look like shit and the charm of the older games is gone, replaced with a more realistic look that I find looks like this. Also, I don't like the majority of the new monsters.
The hub towns pretty bad, weapons all look the same, ect.
I wish the game kept its old aesthetic and style. I don't think that open maps is a bad idea, but they all sort of suck besides the desert, especially the forest.

Ended up like XX in Switch more

Equip Kulve Taroth armor and then change the waist piece to layered Gala armor. You won't regret it.

Nooooooo. New graphics supposed to be good and pretty. You're dumb gramps.

They traded town aesthetics for better looking maps. Not a bad tradeoff if you ask me, tho I'd rather it didn't happen in the first place.

Any pic ? I can't rn.

Attached: 1540047587762.gif (720x480, 3.99M)

>layered gala
Just pick Diver.

>tfw you realize in 10 years we will make loading screen nostalgia threads

Attached: file.png (200x200, 82K)

I genuinely love MHW for a few reasons but have come to realize it came with its flaws.

The good:
>removed the clunkyness of the previous titles, especially the 3DS ones
>I think the tracking system was a win for me, it kinda makes sense that some animals are tracking the mon rather than a paintball working like a tracking device in a world without digital technology
>the areas feel alive and are worth exploring both to learn where to find the rare loot and to understand how to fight regarding to possible field advantage you may have
>monsters have been given actual behaviours in combat with turf wars and outside of combat with simple but cool "habits"
>Astera is well structured and it's worth spending some time in the "city" messing around, not only when visiting the smithy or the farm
>Poogie's silly animations (feels good to to see the devs put so much thought in the details)
>the events are cool and the collaborations gave us some pretty interesting fights

Now for the bad:
>they still haven't fixed the clipping
>putting a story to appeal to new players was a good idea, but the concept was quite awkward
>random decos was a bad idea, it basically turned farming into gambling and doesn't give much reason to keep trying
>ATEDs could have been less about EXTREME DAMAGE and more mechanics (like being immunities to objects, alternative rage modes and stuff like that)
>the mantles are OP
>general weapon/armour aesthetics have been toned down a lot (where's my gun hammer Capcom?)

I can't think of more pros/cons right now, but overall I am really happy with the game. It feels innovative enough whilst keeping the core of everything that made me fall in love in the first place. Hopefully they expand the game a lot with Iceborne

Doesn't help that their shit nowadays. What were they thinking while making world ? Was just showing the map like always too fucking hard ?

Are we really complaining about fucking loading screens now?

Attached: 15435789438342.gif (500x281, 785K)

Majority of the roster isn’t really fulfilling fights, that’s kind of my problem.

I complain about everything worse complaining. I liked world though. I was really disappointed when I saw the shitty loading screen. After some story events you have one with the symbol of the expedition and this one is already cooler but it's like twice in the entire game.

Astera i really cool but when I saw the trailer I thought you would be able to go everywhere in it, I was a bit sad when I saw you couldn't. I like pointless exploration like that. The "secret" spot were the admiral stand after you finish the story is cool but i expected more.

Odogaron
>that exposed back and thighs

wheres the pic from?

oops

>armor and weapons are amazing
>when 3/4 of the weapons are just the base model with monster skin stapled on
>when most of the armor is incredibly bland and same-y looking compared to the armor diversity of older MonHun because they wanted to make it all "more realistic"

a bing bing wahoo to you, too, sir

Cope.

Attached: monster hunter.jpg (869x318, 108K)

I'm not going back to old MH.

Me neither. I don't understand what these fuckers aretrying to prove. Soecially shilling generations of all things

This gives meaning nightmares. I managed to somehow corrupt my 500h Unite savegame. Whenever i would save, the psp failure sound would jingle. It gave me ptsd, as whenever I saving in a MH game nowadays, i hear that sound in myself head, right when it should save.

What? I emulated snes when you first could. Fucking extremist fan boys. I gave my judgement on the game with little to no knowledge of the previous games but people here saying "NU GAME BAD, OLD GAME GUD" without consideration of that, including agreeing that the end game is horrible.

The length of time to reach end game in the rest of the series felt a lot longer and was doing the same boring 4 elder monters over and over gets old REALLY quick. G rank could have fixed this if they didn't rush this turd out. Also it runs like fucking shit on PC. If you don't have a 1080TI good luck getting over 30 FPS even in town at lowest settings.

Turn off volumetric rendering. I get 60+fps with a 960.

I'm super disappointed that we're never going to get gen 3 maps again. GU wanked off gen 1 and 2 too hard and it's a damn shame that that we'll never see the gen 3 desert and volcano maps in a game again. 3rd gen swimming should be expanded upon because it was a whole new layer to the games that slopes never brought in. They just need to improve it.

Seconding this Not only does it make the game look better, legit doubles your FPS. Also disable the usual blur/vignette shit.

I can't even remember any Gen 3 map outside the Island. Though I have to say the Island was fucking great.