Too many Poochyena

Too many Poochyena.

Attached: emerald_box_feb1805.jpg (800x801, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j2zQKqgNAeE
youtube.com/watch?v=h9_BRW5S0Ys
youtu.be/p7JQv3IRil0?t=205
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-zmEVN0Mas6Q3lLbDJDaWNyaVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best gen

too much soul

zoomer game

Too many strong Pokemon designs.

Not enough Mightyena.

Attached: 250px-262Mightyena.png (250x250, 54K)

OR/AS would have been FINE if it didnt fucking just hand you legendaries.

Attached: 4721670_orig.jpg (500x295, 56K)

Too many Tentacool and Wingull. It wouldn't have killed them to put goldeen and wailmer in surfing encounters.

not enough blaze kick

For me, it's Zangoose.

Attached: 69905689_p3_master1200.png (900x1200, 577K)

defend this pokefags

Attached: ORAS.jpg (640x451, 93K)

Can't. This is the most indefensible and egregious thing in any pokemon game. There was absolutely no reason to put this in the game.

Is he going to eat that pineapple?

I refuse. This baffles me to this day. They remade R/S and didn't even incorporate everything from Emerald, the complete opposite of how HG/SS did things. What were they thinking?

umm, it's actually, uh its a, like, a, yknow, its a, um, a pineapp berry

Attached: 136.png (367x480, 24K)

I still can't tell if this was supposed to be a misguided nice gesture towards Emerald fans or a fuck you to them. it's such a bafflingly stupid decision on every single level.
fuck gamefreak

Attached: 1549171480558.jpg (958x1024, 124K)

The problem with the water routes is that they all look the same, have the same pokemon, and there's nothing to do in them

The ONLY issue with Emerald is that it was before the Special/Physical Split.
Unfortunately, that's a pretty big issue.

Post Fug

Attached: fug.png (259x419, 255K)

Too many Carvanha.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 16K)

Not enough fire types

explain , i never played pokemon

poochyena was good and a very cute genericmon but i could never use it because its evo is ugly as fuck

Battle frontier was in emerald but not in ruby or sapphire. It basically was the best post game in pokemon history.
They cut it in the ruby saphire remakes, yet still erected a model mentioning its chronological future erection.
Many players saw it as a lazy slap in the face to a feature in the series that was a hallmark of its generation.

I FORGOT THIS GAME EXSISTED
I KNOW WHAT I'M PLAYING TONIGHT

Attached: 1548391284903.png (425x555, 303K)

Not him but Emerald was an expansion pack for Ruby and Sapphire, the 3rd generation of pokemon games. Emerald not only changed a couple scenarios but it also added a truly enhanced Battle Facility. Gen2 had the first Battle Facility but that was just a single tower. But the Battle Frontier was a giant island with a bunch of locations to battle high level trainers. One was single battle, another was doubles, one let Pokemon battle on their own based on nature, one had a labyrinth inside. It was A LOT of content which admittedly most probably didn't complete. But you always had something to do.

Fast forward to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. It's been 10 years and the Gen3 games have been remade on the far more powerful 3DS. So you think that we'd get Emerald but better right? Well no. Turns it Gamefreak regressed back to Ruby and Sapphire. And while there is a Battle Facility it's been gutted. The one that's there had been copy pasted from XY. No seriously I'm speaking literally, Battle Maison was lifted direct from the last game. And there's significantly less in it than the Battle Frontier. But there's a statue in the Battle Maison with a note that basically says "yeah we were gonna do an actual Battle Frontier and just didn't."

it can always be worse.

Attached: wingull spawn locations are horseshit.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>Remember how annoying Zubat was?
>What if we did that across half the region?

youtu.be/j2zQKqgNAeE

Nobody even likes seagulls in real life either. Bats have their fans and at least Zubat eventually becomes something with an alright design. Instead this thing's a 0/10 design all the way through

Repel is a functioning item in the game.

Fuck you, don't insult my boy wingull.

Attached: hate seagulls.png (1500x1500, 504K)

Were they understaffed or forced to rush it out to meet a holiday deadline or something?

I won't. This is the moment that made me jaded as fuck toward the series.

Is emerald worth playing?

does a bear shit in the woods

does the pope shit in the woods?

Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

They basically threw up their hands and said "people dont play one game for as long anymore because phones are a thing so we didn't put it in."
Protip, never read a Gamefreak interview, they are among the worst at doing them

It's an excellent game to have on your phone. The only issue I ever had was with bike puzzles. Battle frontier and stuff is a great time killer.

patches exist for the P/S split at this point, though. plus stuff like including fairy type, if you're into that. fairy is for faggots

Attached: 1547515862343.jpg (1793x1447, 1.47M)

>players get bored and frustrated more easily
>frustrated

Maybe, just maybe, if the facilities didn't have shit like this alongside a streak focus it wouldn't be that way

Attached: asshole.jpg (255x240, 48K)

Ill be honest. I like that Walrein. Thats something the player would do, a casual, and its hilarious to see the same forces OHKO your ass for thinking it wont.

>patches exist for the P/S split at this point
Attached to other patches when all I want is the split and ONLY the split.

Wow thats really fuckin gay

This singlehandedly made me stop buying pokemon games. Seeing everything after ORAS too has cemented in my mind that gamefreak don't give a single fuck about improving the series, just adding and removing gimmicks to keep the games 'fresh' enough that cum breath pokemon fans will continue to buy them. This is the worst timeline for pokemon.

I'm honestly impressed with how upfront they are about this kind of stuff. Even most devs would BS their way through an interview like that.

>Fairy is for faggots

Attached: coolbugfact.png (624x642, 378K)

Did Gamefreak SERIOUSLY not know that one of the major reasons gen 3 was so popular was because of the Battle Frontier? Why the fuck would they remove that from ORAS?

>People in this thread not posting FUG
I shiggy diggy.

Attached: fug.jpg (309x320, 30K)

I tried ultrasun. I got to like the 2nd or 3rd tiki gym thing and just quit. I just. Couldnt take it anymore.

Attached: 71b.gif (240x240, 1.83M)

Man, this is so stupid. I'm wondering if I made the right decision by jumping ship after X/Y. Shit was so underwhelming, especially since I just marathoned HG and W2 before it. Was US/UM at least an improvement? Does it get as good as those two?

Attached: 1404033281968.png (174x231, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h9_BRW5S0Ys

Attached: deox.gif (500x250, 2.03M)

>go to battle subway
>decide to play it safe
>lose to sheer cold twice in a row

I stopped after B2/W2, mainly because I was waiting for X/Y to announce a sequel or third version before buying. When it was clear that it wasn't happening, I realized I didn't miss playing and accepted my retirement after five straight generations of 100% Pokedex completion.

>tfw you realized R/B/Y were supposed to happen chronologically at the same time R/S/E were
>tfw you realize G/S/C took place during D/P/P
I dunno why, but this blew my mind when I was younger.

Ohmori should be fucking shot for being such a lazy, talentless cunt

Pelliper's not bad with a maxed out stockpile, though you're right about its encounter rate. Pic related is just as cancerous with a 100% confusion attack.

Attached: Spr_4h_072.png (80x80, 964)

God. B2W2 were so good. I played them recently. Like after I dropped US and OR disappointed me in the post game.
I absolutely didnt care about the first quarter of B2W2 but the rest was amazing.

Eh, I dunno. It felt like GameFreak went right back to status-quo after B/W tried to shake things up a bit.

I normally get tired of Yea Forums shitting on things but I’m glad at least this place doesn’t swollow gamefreak’s bullshit. Everywhere else seems filled with apologists.

It gave a sense of continuity which was cool, considering how standalone most games are. Made it feel like a world.

Multiverse is something you would expect to be good for lore but it ends up being the opposite, you can do whatever and anything can be non/canon so nothing has as much weight or impact.

lmao, not bad user.

>They refused to put him in USUM, despite throwing every legendary but the kitchen sink in.
He's going back to being an event Pokemon only again, isn't he?

Attached: 1551942774296.png (800x800, 693K)

P/S split doesn't really work without a chunk of moves from future gens. You realize this when your special attacking dark type sucks dick

I remember when G/S/C said that Steel-types were a recent new discovery, then FR/LG ret-conned it to say it had always existed.

Basically, Gen3 was a total reboot of the franchise.

I'm not really into Pokemon much.

What's wrong with Special and physical?

i want to replay a pokemon game, but battling boring and dumb AI gets tedious after a while
how can I get into it again?

Not only that, but the changes to breeding in gen 6 meant that you actually had a chance of breeding competent pokemon without a blood sacrifice/cheating, meaning more people would try out the frontier. But nah, fuck that, let's just shit out 40 legendaries and call it a day, as if you dont already have 5 suicune

The music was great, the pokemon options were impressive, the duration is so long that by the end of the game youre fighting level 70s and 80s regularly. Sprites peaked here too. Obviously.

Attached: Pokemans_474.gif (325x325, 4K)

Why did they cut nighttime in gen 3? Night in pokemon always made for a nice atmosphere

Attached: 69905689_p5_master1200.png (1090x498, 449K)

why doesn't gamefreak make actual events anymore?

Attached: arceus event kino.gif (267x200, 206K)

i wonder what her pits smell like

>no mega Flygon
>no battle frontier
>lati Megas look the fucking same
>Got handed one for free
>Mega Ray being disgustingly broken
ORAS was a hard pill to swallow

Before Diamond and Pearl, moves were classed as Physical or Special depending on type alone.
Like, all fire moves were special, all normal physical, and so on. Physical and special moves were calculated with different stats.

Basically it ruined quite a few Pokemon viability.
After DP, moves were classified individually, like flamethrowers is special, fire punch physical, despite both being fire type.

Google ‘pokemon showdown’

I think random quick battles are most fun but you can team build if you want to.

>play ORAS
>linoone and pelipper until the end of time
remakes have less content. less content is bad.

pokemon showdown really reminds me that the worst park of pokemon is the gameplay

part

People whined about no older Pokemon, so GameFreak pandered to them and still do to this day. As a kid who was there for Gen I's release, BW was such a breath of fresh air. I remember when I went to the mall an hour before it opened and everyone was lining up to buy it. I went with Black. It was surreal to see all those fans hyped for a new Gen, same age as me (19 at the time, some older/younger). Even when the entire roster leaked, I was still hype. Gen V had the best picks and so many to pick from I couldn't decide on a team.

It's really been almost nine years.

Attached: thisiswhyyouhatethenewergames.png (1298x507, 96K)

Too much effort? Or were they inspired by mobile games that give you bonuses if you log in at a certain day and figured it'd be easier to do that?

who knows

Attached: 58917275_p0_master1200.jpg (730x1026, 364K)

don't forget rayquazas 100% catch rate because they have you fight deoxys immediately after.

No.

It's the way the battle system functions Physical attacks scale with the ATTACK stat and are defended against by the DEFENSE stat. Same deal with SPECIAL ATTACK and SPECIAL DEFENSE.

The problem is that prior to gen 4 all attacks were determined by their typings. Like all Fire attacks were considered special. Even if it's called Fire PUNCH and it's obviously a physical attack, it was considered a special attack. So a pokemon with high ATTACK power but little SPECIAL ATTACK power would get fuck all out of it.

This lead to a lot of jank back in generations 1 - 3. Ghost was considered a physical typing. Fucking GHOST. Was A PHYSICAL typing. Who looked at Ghosts and thought of something that punches things. So Gengar was a ghost type that wasn't allowed to use Ghost moves since its attack stat was dogshit. Gyarados is a water flying with a super high attack stat. But since Water was always considered Special regardless of the move then any water move would scale off its much weaker SPECIAL ATTACK stat. And Alakazam was a better boxer than Hitmonchan.

So in Gen 4 Gamefreak fixed this. All moves were divided individually between physical, special, and status attacks. Which means more Gengar can use Shadow Ball and do far more damage with it since it was now a Sp. Attack. And Gyarados now has access to physical water moves like Waterfall.

Thanks. Is there a list which Pokemon we're ruined?

Right?

Or Latios not having a special dragon move. Dragon Pulse only exists to replace pre split Dragon Claw.

Wasn't it complaints from parents who were upset that their kids were not getting proper sleep or paying attention in school because they had to catch specific Pokemon at specific times of the day?

Based, Zangoose got me outta so many scraps

Correct, it's why the ORAS Deoxys has the fateful encounter tag.

No, after the split the problem was fixed.

An example though would be Sneasel.
It's an Ice and Dark pokemon.
All Ice and Dark attacks are special.
Sneasel is a physical attacker, with high attack and ass special attack.

See the issue here?

That wouldn't be it because time of day is still a factor, it just doesn't reflect in the overworld.

Are there any decent romhacks with a difficult but balanced progression? The few that I've tried were complete bullshit since all wild pokemon would be say level 5 and the first gym has a team of 6 level 20s with full move coverage and perfect IVs/EVs. They end up just feeling tedious since you need to grind again stupidly weak pokemon for so long.

IIRC the reason they removed day/night cycle was because it ate up too much battery life.
But it still has time based events, like the shoal cave. The clock you set in the beginning of the game determines this.

Some Pokemon were hurt by it. Because the elemental punches are now physical attacks rather than special, Alakazam doesn't have obscene amounts of coverage anymore. Sceptile's Leaf Blade is now considered a physical attack so it scales off its weaker 85 attack stat rather than its much higher 105 special attack.

Other Pokemon were improved by it though. Gyarados now has access to physical Water moves. Dark isn't always Special which means Sneasel, and by extension, Weavile can do things now.

So it's not worth playing emerald because of this?

It only hands you Latios/as depending on your version and you have to catch the other one on some island.

I just wish Hoopa wasn't only given away in an event considering you find it's stupid portals everywhere in the region. You'd think the game would let you catch Hoopa after you catch/beat all of the legendaries.

Still, OR/AS is fucking stunning, and secret bases are cool as fuck, Hoenn is cool as fuck and I was just so incredibly happy to be able to wander an updated version of my favourite region again, even if they fucked a couple of dungeons. All the QoL improvements make it way better than R/S/E.

Are bears catholic?

No of course it's worth playing, it just fucks with Zoomers going back to the old stuff.

>So Gengar was a ghost type that wasn't allowed to use Ghost moves since its attack stat was dogshit.
but in gen1 the only ghost moves were lick which had dick for attack power anyway and nightshade which did fixed damage

Do bears shit on the pope?

There are some modest Emerald romhacks that implement it, among things. Although I don't think any of them adjust the Battle Frontier, which was designed around the original physical/special categories.

Well its actually 45 but yeah

Well that was another problem especially in the early generations. Some types got fucked for move pools. Like example you brought up. Also the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage which did a fixed 40 damage. Great for the early game, total shit for the endgame where everything has 150+ HP. It's also part of the reason why Psychic was so out of control. Because their only counter was Bug. The strongest Bug type move was Twinneedle. Which could only be learned by Beedrill who was irredeemable shit or Jolteon who had no business using it.

The battle frontier was never good and your non existent nostalgia is the only reason you're getting mad. If you actually played it you'd realize it's just progressively more optimized stats and more of a mental endurance test rather than a gameplay challenge.

I dropped Pokemon mainline games when I saw Ruby/Sapphire announced in response to the rapidly growing number of Pokemon and the stress of trying to catch them all.

I have heard that Emerald is boss so from time to time I feel like taking it for a spin in spite of how the mainline games are all the same with a trainer collecting badges and toppling evil gangs using Pokemon for their dark purposes. At least there won't be mediocre 3D graphics with this.

Flareon was ruined hence the no moves Flareon meme. It was made a physical attacker with no good fire moves for it's high attack stat. Flame charge was the only fire move it could learn that used that stat. Later fixed when it finally got a good fire psychical but it took until gen 6.
No, just as long as you are aware of the stat change.

>[X] was never good
Stopped reading there.

This, nobody liked the battle tower and nobody like "the battle tower except you wander around in a dark room" or "the battle tower except you walk through a snake mouth" or "the battle tower except you use random pokemon".
It's all the same fucking garbage shit.
Pokemon meta is always RNG/gambling based idiocy entirely devoid of actual skill.

You can say you like the battle frontier all you like, that doesn't mean you actually fucking played in it.

Even on /vp/ there was never a SINGLE frontier thread. It was always nuzlocke this, challenge run that. Nobody ever played the post-game battle facilities because everyone knew they fucking SUCKED.

Attached: 1481932853150.png (400x240, 50K)

>i-it wasn't good anyway!!
The Pokedrone in action. And the absolute hilarity of charging anyone of blind nostalgia when the series is coasting on vapid nostalgia bait.

Latios and latias got megas? Just googled them

Holy fuck

If Flare Blitz existed in Gen 2 it might have been able to do something. 130 Attk was obscene back then and is still good now. But there's still the problem with it being too damn slow to make a move before dying. Especially now that all Eeveelutions have been power creeped out

Attached: af6.jpg (460x600, 56K)

Then please go ahead and explain how adding the battle frontier would increase anyone's enjoyment of the game. Why would you ever add something that people don't like?

Flareon was totally on GF. Not learning flare blitz was fucking stupid. It'd be like if blaziken couldn't learn jump kick

I can't even tell them apart.

You actually enjoyed the battle frontier?
Did you ever get a medal in any of the facilities or are you just bitching and whining to join the fucking bandwagon?

The Twins getting Megas are one thing. The Twins getting Megas before you even pick up your 5th fucking badge is disgusting. Nothing in the rest of the game can threaten you after that.

Fire just needs another physical, non-punch move. Flareon can boost it's speed with flame charge provided it can survive long enough to make use of that.

Does shit bear on the pope?

>Using Latios/as and complaining the game is too easy.
Every single fucking time.

What's wrong with that. What's wrong with using a legendary

Epic.

It's not worth arguing user, these zoomers were still in their diapers when Emerald came out.

Reddit
Based

You JUST bitched the game is too easy with it.
Box the legendary if you want some semblance of challenge in a baby game, moron.
>This game lets me play on easy mode.
>Ugh this game is too easy on easy mode they shouldn't let me have a choice in the matter.
Listen to yourself.

Yeah that was a different guy. Also there's more problems with balancing than just giving you a nuke halfway through the game. Like Exp Share. Or rivals healing you midway through long routes.

The pokemon are the main attraction, it's not like you have an obligation to catch everything. Just play and use pokemon you like.

Turn off Exp share.
Box the Lati.
Avoid megas.

There. I juts fixed ORAS. Enjoy your playthrough.

>the battle tower except you use random pokemon
Which makes Battle Factory extremely different from the rest of Pokemon, because now you're essentially playing a Draft meta from a fixed set of Pokemon who are around the same power level, and trying to optimize toward a good teamcomp and strategy from an imperfect start.

>You can say you like the battle frontier all you like, that doesn't mean you actually fucking played in it.
Did you know there are two tiers of Frontier Brain medals? I found this out the hard way in Factory after playing it for months. I think that was around 2012.

>install the rutile ruby/star sapphire hack instead of doing all that bullshit

There, fixed ORAS.

I didn't get why they changed the first Pokemon you battle to Zigzagoon

Because Ziggy is a cutie :3

>i didn't use it so no one did
Based retards

people unironically died to poochyena

>10 year old me wanted to be an awesome dragon type trainer like lance
>except the only dragon type was the barney looking one
>gen 2 added no new dragons (fuck you kingdra doesn't count)
>gen 3 adds 6
I made my base in meteor falls

First the rival still heals you during encounters and the game still teleports you despite having a very well done map that loops in on itself to make every location accessible. But more to the point that's still a balancing issue. Resident Evil doesn't hand you a rocket launcher with infinite ammo at the start of the game and Gen 3 didn't hand you a Dragon type halfway through the game. Because it would destroy any challenge the game might be able to provide.

Just use pseudo dragons like Charizard and Gyarados.

But nobody did.
Nobody had any stories to tell about it for a decade.
Nobody plays Emerald eager to get to the frontier.
Everyone stops after the elite 4 and some post-game trainers like Steven and plays a different game or restarts.
There has never been any evidence to the contrary because that's all people ever talk about.

>Not Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire
Sure, man.

Battle Frontier is why I still play pokemon to this day. And with a day/night patch, this game is perfect

>the pokemon are the main attraction
I'll say

Attached: z.png (409x357, 138K)

god dammit i didn't mean it like that.

Attached: what is wrong with you.png (256x256, 103K)

You don't understand, I have no self control!

Attached: kill kermit.jpg (640x640, 36K)

>Nobody had any stories to tell about it for a decade.
>Nobody plays Emerald eager to get to the frontier.
Maybe in your circle of friends, but me and mine were all over that shit. Who the fuck just restarts the game after the E4?

Nobody?

>100% accuracy Sheer Colds and Fissures
>Double Team
>Attract
>Quick Claw
>>>>>>>>>Brightpowder
I don't miss it tbqh

I thought this was a hint to DLC
Pokemon would benefit from DLC more than from yearly releases

>Who the fuck just restarts the game after the E4?
Literally every single in /vp/ who complains about the lack of battle frontier. They only play R/S/E to do nuzlocke or challenge runs. I've browsed that place since it was made sadly. They're all a bunch of retarded children.

>They remove this because some fags can't take a real challenge and prefer the mobile games

Literally no one can't defend this shit

This, I don't have a single font memory of any facility. Just fucking bullshit about NPCs making teams specifically to counter yours or spamming OHKO moves when they aren't doing that.
The frontier is the absolute worst place to go if you want to use pokemon you like instead of those that can win under bullshit conditions.

Attached: friendship.jpg (800x800, 422K)

I wouln't call /vp/ everybody

>A real challenge
Never tried the pokemon meta yet, huh? Don't worry, you'll understand eventually just how poorly balanced these games are because gamefreak is too lazy to fix anything.

>this design

Attached: 319Sharpedo-Mega[1].png (1280x1280, 725K)

The Maison was more or less just "truant durant+draipion to win"
If it was more like Mt Battle where you can use whatever you want and have checkpoints every 10 fights, it'd be way better

>Kangaskan everytime

No thanks

Well, that's silly. I know it's not for everybody, but cutting the BF just seems like a dumb idea to me. Shit, I even had fun with Platinum's one.

That's a Digimon.

Why Drapion. Does the Citizen Snips meme actually work on them.

I feel like they wanted Mega Sharpedo to have scars all over him but someone at gamefreak thought it wouldn't be kid friendly or something.

>tfw 24
>never had any kind of childhood bc I was poor as fuck

>go to gaming venues from time to time
>see these Yu Gi Oh and pokemon TCG sets
>tempted to buy because they look cool as fuck but I'm not about to learn the meta of those games
Do you know this feel, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1551849789786.png (746x512, 99K)

The hacks by Drayano60. They're the base game but with all Pokemon and a higher difficulty. Also adds some QOL changes, like trade evolutions in game and buffs to weaker Pokemon.

>tfw Gen 3 stills holds up better than the remakes and even without phys/spec split

Attached: 1551993340334.jpg (1500x700, 355K)

>use truant entrainment with durant
>switch in drapion with sub/protect/acupressure/knock off
>follow a flowchart of moves until you use Acupressure 21 times
>now that you're at +6 everything it's impossible to lose

which was better, gen 3 hidden bases or gen 4 underground tunnel bases

I hope they make an actual saw shark Pokemon some day.

I don't get it

I just want another Black Tower. A randomly generated dungeon with no healing so you have to be careful with your team as you try to find the "floor trainer" so you can ascend was really fun.

a while after or/as came out, GF had an interview saying that or/as had ONE FUCKING YEAR of development time.
so yes, or/as was rushed as fuck when it should have been made with passion in mind, as opposed to holiday sales

Mega evolutions were a mistake, as were Z moves. designed as a shitty gimmick that ruined every story since, especially the gen3 remakes

The only way to fix it would be to retcon

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much user. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Even better that I can achieve a full pokedex with a single cartridge.

>every single gen has a normal type that evolves once and a flying type that evolves either once or twice at the beginning of the game
I always liked that little touch.

>Mega evolutions were a mistake
My favourite pokemon got a kickass Mega so I'll defend Megas to the death.

Attached: scizor-mega.jpg (507x453, 53K)

3ds gens as a whole seemed rushed
>who knows how much of XY's time went into models
>oras taking 1 year
>SM being pushed out even though the switch was coming to meet the 20th anniversary
>USM pushed out to squeeze out one last set of games on the 3ds

shit chart. you can get bellsprout and ghastly before the first gym in gold/silver

Wasn't there a buzz-saw mouth Pokemon or am I mixing it up with the real freaky animal?

>Banette and Sableye got megas
>now they'll never get evolutions
Fuck

Read the top again.

Learn to read

Not all Megas are as cool.

Attached: 133466d051e9cd2f73ee05e40ad48874.jpg (2474x1800, 535K)

At least Dunsparce still has a chance...

>he thinks it's about Kanga now

You're late, Parental Bond has been nerfed. It's all about Tapus, Incineroar, Deerfuck, and sometimes Dusk Mane Necrozma now.

People don't seem to realize Gamefreak is actually a relatively small company and they aren't the ones making all the money. Nintendo, Creatures Inc and Gamefreak all have a piece of the pot of the Pokemon Company. Who handles everything else about the IP.

no BF no buy

i was about to say something like this but then i actually read the pic

Yeah that thing.

Finding and using Wingull early in RSE for the first time makes you feel like a god.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x275, 1.42M)

I would start with Renegade Platinum, his most recent hack and most polished. I thought it was fair but it can get pretty difficult at points. It also changes some aspects of what you do, some examples being having to go to the first part of the snow route in Eterna, and needing to go to Pal Park before Canalave. It also includes documentation so all changes are available, from what Pokemon are changed, where you find them, and what important trainers have on their team, and more. It's probably my favorite Pokemon hack.

>they remove it
Do you think they made it and then took it out of the game?

you're talking about doubles right?

>gen 2 with one actual good one and 4 other shitmons
Gen 2 was a mistake

SM isn't as pathetically easy as XY, but the amount of cutscenes will drive you crazy. USUM are nearly identical, except for a postgame where you fight previous Team Leaders and each of them have legendaries.

Destiny Scizor is pretty cool.
youtu.be/p7JQv3IRil0?t=205

Attached: ph_chara18_3.png (500x280, 225K)

Which other games/generations has he done? I've already 100%d the Sinnoh pokedex twice so it'd be nice to play one of the others.

>surskit was 1%
Holy shit, I must've been one lucky kid. I once found 3 of them within a couple minutes by accident.

Attached: 1550040412050.png (315x267, 192K)

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-zmEVN0Mas6Q3lLbDJDaWNyaVU

that's all his stuff

Black and White, Black and White 2, Fire Red (a somewhat old hack), ORAS, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Wait. Am I retarded? I could have sworn bellsprout tower is before falkner. With ghastly and bellsprout wild

New means "new to this gen".

notice how it says "their own pokemon." it doesn't include ones introduced in previous generations

Read the title. If you can't read, just look at the pokemon listed.

Well then that seems unfair because gen 3 was a soft reboot.

>hey everyone liked the battle frontier
>uuuh i cant be bothered making that lets just put in a placeholder teaser instead

the most stupid thing in any pokemon remake

I think they swarm sometimes

Why did they switch the nidos for mankey when they made FRLG? Were the nidos overpowered?

He's right. Anyone that wanted an actual challenge in Pokemon plays on Showdown.

>Am I retarded?
It seems so.

My guess is they thought that if your starter was Charmander you would have a hard time so they gave you a fighting type. Even though it gets metal claw

I may have been wrong in hindsight but that chart is kind of lousy. I dont see why its important to list unique pokemon per gen before 1st badge.
Seems like some silly e3 "wow" factor rather than a point of a good pokemon game.

Have you tried playing in a tier other than Uber/OU?

Yellow added the early Mankey due to having Pikachu.

>your favorite pokemon are in OU
What's the fucking point.

I like Rapidash because it's a horse and I like horses, but its stats are such shit and unviable. I wish there were more horse mons

Sceptile looks like shit. Blaziken is op. The only answer is mudkip.
Water/Ground gamers RISE UP

Attached: hqdefault(54).jpg (480x360, 11K)

well its perfect for car rides and staying up late

What about Zebstrika or Mudsdale?

Hoenn is garbage. The GBA aesthetic is as soulless as the 3DS gen

i'm still mad Yea Forums

My favorite pokemon is RU, sadly.
Or was, now it's PU

*leaf blade/Giga drains your path*

>Unfortunately, that's a pretty big issue.
It's really not considering there are plenty of good romhacks that fix it.

NU I meant, it was RU for only Gen 5.

Actually haven't played past gen 4 yet. Are they at least viable?

spbp

First quarter of BW2 is really comfy. They do that stupid forced Pokestar Studio thing but it takes like 15 minutes, and honestly its a pretty fucking fun sidething to do outside of battles so it doesn't bug me that much.

Attached: 1538325399189.gif (875x500, 759K)

Every dark pokemon in gen 2/3 was garbage except for Houndoom because they were all physical-based in their stats, but Houndoom was the one with high special instead.

>2016+3
>still thinking we're going to get new evolutions that arent new eevee types
>ever
(lol

Too bad you don't get him until Kanto.

no

no

>tfw kept my TRU Arceus in gen 4 so I could get as many level 1 dragons as I want
Made my last playthrough pretty fun having a Dialga after the first gym.

Yeah, I know

Mudsdale is pretty good for ingame. Zebstrika is just special electric Rapidash.

>Introduced Mawile and Based Fug, arguably the best looking starter mons, best villian teams, battle frontier, Steven is a cool guy

Was gen 3 the peak of Pokemon? Pic unrelated.

Attached: 1550259417686.png (713x654, 694K)

Fuck

The first time I saw Houndour I was all "you are in my party now forever".
I loved my skeleton hellpuppy. I loved my horned hellhound.

A zebra and a donkey, not horses.

What other pokeman games should I play after HG and on what system/emu should I play them?

BW1, 2 and USUM.

>Mega Ray being disgustingly broken
But that's arguably a good thing since we get fug posting. Isn't that a post game thing anyway?

Pokemon romhacks.
Mystery Dungeon Sky.

Mudsdale is a clydesdale

>and Gen 3 didn't hand you a Dragon type halfway through the game

true it didn't just shit rayquaza out to you for free, but it *did* give you one of the best dragon types in the generation easily accessable _right_ at the point in the game where you needed it. the only difference was you had to go out and catch it instead of just being handed it.

Its funny how people forget that Emerald changed it so that you could get Fug immediately after the weather crisis and have it wreck the end of the main game for you. The E4/champ are so bad in that game. FRLG on the other hand have a pretty great E4/Champ, given that they actually have rematch teams.

How about instead of having him in your possession latios will just show up when you play the flute. To ride on. And if you wanna catch him, you had to roam for him. Just like. Well. How hed be roaming the map waiting for your call.

The inevitable horse fire starter will definitely be at least viable.

>not changing the battle style
It makes gyms actually fun. Shame the psychic gym in ORAS is dogshit instead of the cool Emerald version.

Oh yeah, that too.
I forgot to include it.

You forgot
>Separating areas into chunks while in the original GBA games they were seamless
>Forcing teleports to the next story location that make the world shortcuts useless
>Removing the second floor of the isle cave so you can't get Arons early.
>Murdering the fuck out of Mauville instead of making the obvious large city on fucking Slateport
>Long ass fucking animation on the latios fly mechanic that made it such a chore to use
>Easier overall
>Looks uglier than XY

I've been meaning to ask, how's the romhack scene for the DS games? Gen 3 has lots of romhacks going from minor improvements like phys/spec split and updating movepools to full overhauls complete with edgy OCs and dumb looking fakemons, does Gen 4 have that too?

Can't. I still loved the game(AS) but this killed me inside.

I never bought into the 3DS meme, but I almost did for the new sapphire and ruby. Glad I didn't! Fuck that shit.

alola is pretty fun. I'm glad I was able to experience it

well faggot, then make your own chart with all the pokemon

post the meganium

left

They are appealing to the zoomer gamers.

Yeah, blame the chart instead of your own stupidity and literacy.

When I got Feraligatr in Crystal and Charizard in Blue, I just thought they were OK. But this is the first starter I fell in love with. What a beast.

Attached: 400.png (400x300, 158K)

what do you think of ANCHOR ARMS mega swampert user?

what is Tyranitar

Not a fan of megas in general, but I do like mega swampert's design.

Do you guys do nuzlockes?
I keep trying but fucking up in volt white2. The other games are easy though.

nuzlockes are stupid

Nuzlockes were meant to spice up regular mainline games. Trying to nuzlocke hacks just ends with infuriation.

gen3 easily has the best starters imo

Don't nuzlocke editted romhacks. Also, the Volt hacks cheat too much and are annoying to play even regularly.