Why S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is better than METRO?

Why S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is better than METRO?

Attached: 1551356202981.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/dead-air
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0aoUMjOcYQ
mega.nz/#!kldnSKyQ!oqHehXZoF8azmv_LiuxiMSZ-IJStySUVLchf67GB7ns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD
Just Metro it’s like STALKER but with a bigger budget.

With worse ai.

Just play*

Gameplay has more depth to it, MUCH longer play time, but its a broken unfinished pile of shit that at the very least requires the Complete overhaul mod to make it playable and fix glitches, it keeps the experience vanilla.

Metro had a much larger budget and it wasn't forced out unfinished to meet a deadline so it is very polished, but its incredibly linear and short.

STALKER is an open world RPG with shooting mechanics while Metro is a closed linear shooter. It's an apple and oranges comparison.

Metro games aren't too short as far as linear singleplayer games go.

Any weapon mods that have the fluid and realistic animations like OWR but with more variety?

>he doesn’t know about Metro Exodus
Metro Exodus feels like STALKER but with a bigger budget and not has an unfinished piece of shit.

soul vs soulless

>STALKER is an open world RPG
But METROS EXODUS also is an opern world RPG.
Also
>RPG
RPG elements not an RPG.

Go away zoomer

>complete mod
pleb detected

Agreed, but Stalker does have a much longer campaign. I got about 40 hours out of a single playthrough, vs. the 10-12 hours out of Metro.

Only played a bit of STALKER and the first 2 Metros. I wouldn't outright say it's better, but it certainly has better qualities over Metro. STALKER's world seems much more alive, with more things going on, anomalies happening all over the place, people surviving on their own, and the world just being bigger overall. On top of that, STALKER has better core gunplay, stronger atmosphere in spots, and overall just allows you to tackle things in a more free manner.

I kinda always took Metro to be the casualized version of STALKER's efforts. A much more linear, straightforward shooter with clear themes and controls that take little effort to get used to. STALKER's downside is that, in a vanilla state, it's kinda obtuse. There are so many options for controls that allow great options when exploring, but can be a mess figuring out how to set them up so they're easy to use. Additionally, the game is a technical mess at times. So with Metro, you have something more cleaned up and clear, but then you lose those rough edges that can actually support a game's sense of freedom and eventual player mastery over obtuse systems/mechanics.

That's a long way of saying STALKER isn't necessarily better, but certainly allows for people that really want to get into it a much better experience for their time invested.

fuck off esl retard

Dude, come off that elitest shit, nobody cares if you downloaded an overhaul mod to make the game entirely different.

I'm talking about FIRST time players. You'd seriously recommend someone completely change the game before they even play it? The vanilla game is fantastic, but it requires the complete mod to be playable. Let me tell you its a real fucking fun time getting the permanent lethal radiation glitch 25 hours into the game and have to start over because I didn't use the complete mod first.

Metro is basically Call of Duty with rus aesthetic

Just use ZRP homo

just use ZRP idiot

No linear storyline tied to it.

Complete mod makes the game different the onlu required mod it's called Zone Reclamation Project basically STALKER Unofficial Patch it fix most of the game bugs.
Fun Fact: That piece of shit called Complete 2009 doens't include the Zone Reclamation Project fixes.

Gotta be completely honest you with samefags, ZRP didn't exist at the time I played it, I've never even heard of it until now. If I get a chance to replay the game I'll try this mod though.

>but its a broken unfinished pile of shit that at the very least requires the Complete overhaul mod to make it playable and fix glitches, it keeps the experience vanilla.
Holy fucking bait

>complete 2009
What the fuck are you talking about?
That mod doesn't fix anything and adds a lot of unnecessary non canon things.
ZRP it's the only mod recommend for newcomers.

You're an idiot. ZRP is the unofficial patch that fixes bugs. Complete is a complete overhaul that just makes the game easier and does nothing of merit.

I'm not seeing the issue guys, what are these gamebreaking, non canon things?

I played the original game unmodded, ran into game breaking glitches. Installed complete (mind you ZRP didn't exist at the time) and my experience was exactly the same except it was actually playable and performed better. The only notable mechanics that were changed with Complete was it gave me a bedroll and I could carry a few extra pounds. That's hardly something to complain about.

Please explain the hate towards the complete mod, I'm not aware of this.

STALKER is a janky mess with random shit that happens all over the place made by a bunch of poor, drunk slavs. It's perfect in its imperfection, while Metro fails in its attempt to be perfect.

Modded stalker has great skyboxes

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat Screenshot 2018.04.18 - 14.14.56.03.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

If I remember tight the first time I used complete, it had a fast travel option. And for a first time player, thats pretty game breaking since you could just teleport from one end of the map to the other side.
Especially since most of the objectives are trigger and location based. And doesn't complete have a car and spawning mod as well?

Gonna completely disagree with that. I don't believe you actually played it yourself, it sounds like you're just spouting trash you read online and want to sound superior.

See I actually played the original unmodded game, then the complete mod, the gameplay was exactly the fucking same. Easier yes, because the game wasn't a broken piece of shit and stealth was actually functional vs. making a sound and every single NPC in a 5 mile radius knows exactly where you are and starts shooting at you. That's not fun or even remotely realistic, even on master difficulty.

I wonder if STALKER 2 will actually happen

Attached: AWAKEN, MY BANDITS.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

Fallout 3 is closer to Stalker than any Metro is. And better.

Hmm when I played it there was definitely no car or a spawning mod. It's possible that was added in more recently? I vaguely remember a fast travel option though but didn't use it because muh immersion.

>mfw I'm still waiting for Armed Zone to get released
>mfw its still in alpha testing till the beta release

Attached: 1551590620151.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Attached: xrEngine_2019_02_23_04_23_55_668.jpg (1920x1080, 1.6M)

>Armed Zone

Probably about as never ever as Gunslinger my friend

Attached: Sad stalker.jpg (472x340, 40K)

STALKER is broken and just straight out not fun, the shooting has to be some of the worst I've ever seen in a game
Metro has kino atmosphere, kino narrative, kino art direction, and guns that work
Metro - 10/10
Stalker - 3/10

Author keeps saying "maybe soon :^)" some other dude is "playtesting" the weapons on his channel on youtube and it looks playable honestly, but FUCKING WHEN i want to stalk inna zone with a non dogshit FN FAL

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat Screenshot 2018.04.18 - 14.18.30.57.png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Attached: 22333.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

Literally soul vs souless

LAST 7 BULLETS. I PAUSE MY GAME I GONNA DIE.

>He doesn't carry some emergency grenades with him

Attached: 2323.jpg (1920x1080, 453K)

Attached: 456346356354.jpg (858x724, 408K)

He was a good stalker

Attached: a803434.jpg (1024x768, 138K)

Its closer than the fabled gunslinger, still follow the updates on moddb. But that faggot makes more updates about revised guns than work progress
Fucking this
Everytime I see an update its the same bullshit. He says the guys playtesting it to find bugs with the ton of guns they added. And THEY DID find a few. But its been what? 3 years now. And another in alpha testing.
I want a goddamn G3 and a beretta 93r for fuck sakes

Pseudogiants are slow just run.

>A free mod for a 10 year old game has better guns than a AAA game with a decent budget and multiple console ports

Attached: ump45_shot.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Oh yeah other guy working on the mod said he is going over all the audio of the weapons again since something didn't feel right again

Might be getting confused with OGSE or something else, I know OGSE had a car but you had to build it in some way. But another complete mod had a car ready for use at the beginning.

Not today.
Yes, he's running away. This rock saved me.

Attached: 3223.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Told ya.

Freedom of actions
Mods
Guns

I get theyre trying to get it as stable as possible, but thats what betas are for. Already seems playable enough, long as it doesn't crash near the end of the game.

oy gunslinger mod when

>Played Stalker
>It's shit
>Played Metro
>It's shit and has a fishing boat that isn't fun to use

Both bad series.

Attached: 1545604857302.png (663x720, 315K)

Metro isn't a game, it's a bad movie.

wot mod

And now this cat tried to kill me.
I like how random things happens nothing is scripting all creatures are free to roam whenever they want in the world.

Attached: 222222.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

moddb.com/mods/dead-air
Just like CoC but better.

>dumb anime poster too dumb to mod stalker games
wait, why am I not surprised by this?

After that youtuber is done with alpha testing it is apparently supposed to go into beta testing which is open to the public getting ported first to Misery 2.2 which i do not really care about because fuck the 32bit engine CoP uses and RTTN i hope it gets a port to Anomaly fairly soon after that.

>Gotta mod the game to make it better
Holy shit even the fans are dumb.

Attached: tiara.jpg (384x353, 30K)

My guy is the first time you heard about stalker? Might as well stick to something more simple...

They feel nothing alike.

Isn't that CoP's default skybox?

dunno man, its matter of taste but lack of cut-scenes where you loose control over character or have dialog box makes player involved helps a lot to get immersed

Any good survival mods?

apples are better

Literally untrue zoomer knowledge

>mods make games better
woa

This is my austitic STALKER mod collection.
Am I missing something?

Attached: A U T I S M.png (226x195, 5K)

Anomaly

>AA2
Lastest update was 2.1 also you need AWP for a better experience.

>stalker fags

I'll check it out!
I already have both, only the main folder it's called AA2.

Attached: s.png (243x66, 2K)

>CoC as monolith seeing how deep into the zone I can get with some bros on the single save mode
good shit

>Remake 2.1 for CoP
>Lost Alpha
>Oblivion Lost

Metro is trying too hard.

Atmosphere = S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Gameplay = Metro
Story = Metro
Replayability = S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Sorry, Metro just can't compete with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. openness

Where's OGSE?

Well then what's the superior source material? Road Side Picnic or the Metro 2033 novel?

Attached: 1529792775508.jpg (1500x1200, 619K)

>Oblivion Lost
I don't recommend this mod
>too outdated
>doesn't have anything special compare with all the others mods
>uses the original x-ray engine without any improvement

Oblivion Lost, Complete 2009 series also OGSE are meant for low end machines or for people who doens't know anything about STALKER modding.

>you'll never take the gunplay and weapon system from escape from tarkovsky and put it in a finished stalker game

Fucking slav games I swear. One good element and a bunch of half asked other shit

Attached: 2013-06-30_00009.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

>in development for 6+ years
>builds shown on youtube clearly viable for release
>passionate autistic dev refuses to release it until its 100% finished
>might not even end up releasing it according to a comment he made on his most recent video

RELEASE GUNSLINGER release gunslinger you are worst dev

>2 maps you're free to explore
>the rest is linear
LMAO

Attached: Pro Shooting.webm (720x405, 1.81M)

Haven't played Metro 2033 yet.
Should get around to it. I heard that the Metro novels are terrible though, unlike the Roadside Picnic novel/movie.

what mod?

OGSE still working fine but I agree is based on SoC X-Ray so it feels outdated compared with any other mod running on CoP X-Ray or the open source X-Ray version.
At this point Dead Air it’s the best STALKER mod becuase most of the slavs who worked on previous CoP mods are working on it but if your PC can’t run Dead Air, CoC still the best mod.

Roadside has more fantastical sci-fi Metro novels are more on human drama.

>according to a comment he made on his most recent video
What the fuck did this faggot say recently? TAZ is about to turn into one of those rfactor car mod blogspots, where the guy just shows off his mods and never releases it because...because.

I think he deleted it on the video but someone managed to copy and paste it into the comment section of gunslinger's moddb page

>The developer’s latest message, which is from August 2018 on his newest YouTube video.
>“Waiting for Gunslinger is a dead end. I find less and less power to work in my free time. I have been working full-time as an animator for over 2 years now. Imagine my situation. I do animations for a full day, then I come home in the evening and .... I need to do animations for a mod ... It’s hard when you start to get sick of it. Do not wait, just look at the vidos, if you like them.”

all from this video
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0aoUMjOcYQ

and this reshade for DX9 enhanced
mega.nz/#!kldnSKyQ!oqHehXZoF8azmv_LiuxiMSZ-IJStySUVLchf67GB7ns

you may want to add some more because zaton and jupiter are empty as fuck usually

Attached: xrEngine_2019_02_24_22_42_29_681.jpg (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Do people actually like any of the sequels to SoC? They're blatant downgrades in almost every aspect and feel like fan-made mods honestly. SoC was perfect though.

Attached: 1550598148310.jpg (432x767, 107K)

I only like clear sky because of the story, and because clear sky is the most based faction w/ the coolest outfits

Attached: cs 1 body armor.png (707x742, 1.04M)

Fuck I thought you were talking about TAZ, but shit hasn't gunslinger been in development since like 2014? If it takes that long he might aswell pull the plug and give the assets to another modder.

Dead Air and Anomaly.
Both are different but the best in their own way.
Also Anomaly is the first 64 bits STALKER mod.

Anomaly
>64 bits engine
>almost 0 crashes
>you can play with any faction (same as CoC)
>the game doesn't a noticiable graphic improvement over other STALKER mods
>easy to play and have fun

Dead Air
>32 bits engine
>it crash very often
>atm you can't play with any faction you're always a loner
>new reputation system
>economy balance and crafting system
>the game has a lot of graphics improvements doens't requiries and ENB or ReShade the engine itself was improved with DX10 features not present on CS neither CoP
>hard to understand,the crafting system is a mess
>game is too hard

How can you play SoC without Lost Alpha, it's practically an official patch, or should be.

FEMALE PLAYERMODEL MOD FUCKING WHEN?

Attached: EA7ECFF5-89FE-43A0-87E6-C7E6C4BE0EB2.jpg (670x670, 70K)

Crashes can be mitigated a bit by using the -noprefetch command. It makes loading slower as a trade-off I think.

>mfw i'd never noticed the lack of gurls in stalker

Attached: 9f5ec3f19897f0998009ce893115b71e.jpg (498x456, 35K)

Anomaly = Classic STALKER experience and difficulty + focus in exploration
Dead Air = Crafting Survival STALKER experience + focus in realism

(I'm serious, it takes the realism too serious a Bloodsucker can kill in a single hit and even a fucking bandit with a pistol can kill with a single a shot it doens't matter if you're using an exoskeleton).

What would you think will happen to them in the Zone?

STALKER THE ABSOLUTE INCEL GAME KEK

sing by the campfire and be depressed as shit?

Nothing happens to Anna in METRO (a post apocalyptic world) so nothing will happen to any girl in The Zone.

why does stalker need females

How do you play vanilla STALKER ?
The obnoxious head bobbing made me nauseous within the first 5 min

Once modded it was easily 9/10 though
The world building always keeps you interested and the weapon progression is very satisfying so you don't really feel like you have to wait before you become a complete badass
It wasn't very scary to me, but one of the best and soulful atmospheric works I have ever touched

Never played METRO and I doubt it holds itself together as good as STALKER, that series is a gem

I don't know I rather play as a female.
Also slav girls wearing gas masks are hot.

Attached: 92.jpg (1080x1350, 157K)

I want females in STALKER 2. Please make it happen.

Metro is literally made by ex-STALKER devs that left after SoC (the only good STALKER game).

The Metro are made up of stations with functioning societies with their own armed militias and armies. Even there Anna is a special Snowflake "female spartan totally can do what most buff slav dudes do".
The zone has no laws nor anyone to enforce them.

I didn't know that but I still doubt it's as good as SoC

I just bought shadow of chernobyl should I play it vanilla or put some mods in?