ITT fake leaks that you fell for

ITT fake leaks that you fell for

Attached: 5D60E360-3950-494C-A4AE-9117B08075DA.jpg (750x906, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L1nGBIGKnuU
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/436416645/#436424129
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This, but with Takamaru instead

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Still hurts

Attached: Grinch_leak.png (1405x1509, 2.04M)

Not a leak but in 2009 or 2010 I saw a Runescape video where a guy trimmed normal steel armor into trimmed steel armor with crafting. Took over a year before I found out that wasn't possible.

Dumbass

I still don't understand, what kind of dedication would someone have to making a fake leak with that much detail that people would discover is fake within two months

Attached: le smug chink.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

>See OP's pic
>Get nostalgia for those old smash bros animations using actual gameplay footage

That one Melee video where bowser keeps growing and body slams Peach from Bowsers' perspective

R0y H4s teh Ph1r3.

I miss the time when I was young and the internet was too

The work with the fake accounts wasn't that hard, he just got ridiculously lucky when that bank was asked by one of the ad agencies to take down the video about them. That made it the situation seem real.

>tfw used to watch tons of REAL LIFE POKEMON videos
>tfw thought Pokemon were real and I'd wake up on my tenth birthday in the Pokeworld

Let that be a lesson

Attached: Screenshot_20180623-130739.jpg (676x634, 127K)

youtu.be/L1nGBIGKnuU

The fact that people fell for grinch after this baffles me. The fact that anyone fell for any leak after this baffles me.

All I wanted was Mach Rider, why no new nes rep? I dont count the Belmonts, because all other nes era reps were Nintendo owned IPs

It was obviously all of the insiders that put it together.
>hey guys our credibility has tanked these past few years, what can we do?
>let's make an insane fake leak and then openly say that it's fake it so when it does turn out to be fake, no one will ever be able to question us again

This hard. Told everyone it was real the. Looked like a fool.
See I didn't believe Rayman for a second even though it was masterfully done. But I accepted Grinch immidiately. It was just the perfect storm of optimism and being a well done leak. I wanted Mach rider so bad and I new Geno, banjo, and shadow would make all my friends very happy. I learned my lesson that day.

When I was a wee lad I believed some bullshit I read on cheatplanet that one could unlock koopa troopa in melee by beating very hard with one life under a certain time

Where there's a will, there's a way.

>why no new nes rep? I dont count the Belmonts
Piranha Plant :^)

Attached: 1544322667565.gif (210x240, 29K)

I'd fuck princess bowser

>we will literally never know if it skull kid really was under mach rider

Star Fox Grand Prix
lol

the Funky Leak

you had it coming
pic related was one of the few Grinch-tier leaks before Grinch happened

Attached: a very bodacious speculation.png (3560x1240, 1.56M)

> why no new nes rep? I dont count the Belmonts, because all other nes era reps were Nintendo owned IPs
fuck off patternnigger

Don't act like you didn't believe it. Literally everyone did, even Steve posters believed it they just liked the meme. It was done so well, with enough other evidence, that it'll go down as the greatest fake leak of all time (at least for Smash). We can actually thank it since no other leak will be this good, we don't ever have to fall for dumbass leakers.

You had to be legitimately mentally retarded to believe the Funky leak

>Wario in a modern mainline Mario game
>Kirby in Mario Kart
>Mother 3 remake with 5 amiibos
How the fuck did anyone fall for this?

Don't act like you didn't believe it. Literally everyone did, even K.Rool posters believed it they just liked the meme. It was done so well, with enough other evidence, that it'll go down as the greatest fake leak of all time (at least for Smash). We can actually thank it since no other leak will be this good, we don't ever have to fall for dumbass leakers.

Only one I have ever fallen for is the Grinch leak.

>Don't act like you didn't believe it.
I didn't, you fucking idiot. When has an overly-specific leak like that ever been correct? FF7 Remake on Switch? Cuphead? Nah, you're a fucking idiot.

I've got a pretty good track record of not falling for fake leaks and calling correct ones but this one got me good. All the circumstances surrounding it were way too suspicious. Disappointed with incineroar but all I really cared about for ultimate was confirmed on August 8th.

same reason they fell for a fucking leak with gematsu shit in it
nobody or RH wants Chorus Kids

Same user, Same :(

>literally everyone was as stupid as me
no, user

Gematsu leak was real retard. Chrom and Rhythem Heaven were literally confirmed to be in Smash 4 but removed (chrom because he was unpopular. Rhythen Heaven same reason as Ice Climbers)

post the image
you know the one

not him but plenty of people wanted duck hunt before 4, and characters like takamaru or excitebiker were showing up on wishlists and dream movesets all the way back in brawl

It's not a bad thing to feel some disappointment if the game skimps out on what had become a tradition.

Emphatically wrong. I never believe "leakers."

Quit pretending, user. You were just as stupid as the others. Why? Because everything fell into place, the fakers had luck on their side regarding that bank video take down as well. The Grinch pieces, the company, the guy "responsible" for it all, and the fact that nobody could source any of the character poses (despite the blur). It was the perfect crime.

>Literally everyone did
None of the 'leaked' fighters are in dynamic poses, they all look like cryptids. Just because you sort by last reply and only saw drooling steve posters doesn't mean everyone was dumb enough to believe it

>Gematsu leak was real retard.
here comes the gematsucuck now
>meet my friend shulk
>show off Robin
>"gen 7 pokemon"

>Literally everyone did
What did he mean by this? I was calling people retards for believing a leak with a shitty background and too many characters.

i took a stance of "if it's real, neat, if not, oh well" with this leak because i was content with the roster already with the august direct, and i was more excited to see what the game had to offer in terms of side modes
but then all we got was classic, a neutered multi-man, and a really fucking bad adventure mode

Attached: 1542477537062.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>Suddenly nobody else believes it
never change, Yea Forums

I didn’t believe in the ESRB leak, but eating crow for being skeptical is a lot less painful than the alternative.

Tfw knew it was fake
Tfw wanted it to be real
Worst feel

>and too many characters
Are you stupid? the leak had about 3 more characters than the final product. WHat are you on about?

80% of Yea Forums believed it according to polls. But once that last direct rolled around you couldn't find a grinchfag anywhere. People don't have to admit they were wrong on Yea Forums(nel).

The day Incineroar killed Yea Forums

Attached: Genki Dama.png (1025x537, 94K)

whoever made this should really upload it HD somewhere

Attached: 1466015665039.png (1918x1437, 2.58M)

Based baracat

How did he almost guess Decidueye?

Attached: 1464200870023.png (811x531, 29K)

That thing is just decidueye but better.

Attached: 1552077659792.webm (1920x1080, 1.25M)

There's only 15 subtypes a starter could be, and how a Grass/Ghost owl would look is pretty obvious. He got lucky on a 1/15 chance.

Attached: 1550042213704.jpg (3024x2244, 1.15M)

Uh, no. Fuck that. A ghost owl could look like many things. This fucker knew about them and fucked with people on purpose.

The asshole never did release the art for that.

I've freely admitted that I believed in the Grinch leak every time it's brought up, and a lot of other people seem to be admitting it here..

Attached: kroolkool.png (1905x1481, 3.31M)

put me down for believing this one if it turns out fake

>he had the gall to do another

Attached: 1552020479416.png (720x548, 307K)

FUCKKK I JUST WANTED SHADOW AND GENO ARRRRRRRGGGGGG

Whatever we get will be worse than that mid stage sobble
all the other ones are complete shit

>That last one for grookey

Attached: 1548197672969.png (627x676, 423K)

I don't know, I like that last one for sobble. Looks pretty unique

>suddenly
Wrong again. What part of "never" don't you get?

There were a lot of coincidences that backed up the leak, the fucker got insanely lucky

IT WAS HER TURN

Attached: Leak.jpg (500x375, 15K)

>i don't count belmonts because of a personal pattern i made up
>brings up something not related to what shit he's claiming
nothing is a tradition unless its official said, period.
also Duck Hunt was a surprise rep, which was officially noted on Sakurai's GDC slides for Tr4sh

The November Smash Direct revealed Incineroar and Ken as the final characters in the base roster. The Grinch leak had 7 characters. Even if you include Piranha Plant, who isn't part of the base roster, the Grinch leak would have had 4 more characters than what was revealed in the Smash Direct.

The Grinch leak meant that we would have gotten 16 new characters. That's too much when you consider what Sakurai has said.

>We can actually thank it since no other leak will be this good,
the one NeoGAF fake leak guessed Roy's echo correctly and people manage to believe it as much the Grinch was.

I knew it was fake the moment I saw that shitty Mewtwo model.

I'm not ashamed at all to say I believed it. I loved shitposting using Phoenix Wright too

Attached: a7c2b0863dac5128f5f259f24505e819.jpg (1024x837, 117K)

D-DELETE THIS

Attached: ryu_CRY.gif (256x192, 11K)

I deleted it for you.

Great. Now there are no proof left of my stupidity.
Thank you, user!

Attached: fukken_based.gif (256x192, 18K)

Oh, this is fake for sure, mate.

>tfw the entire Heroes vs Villains bullshit came from this fake leak
>was debunked by a S-E employee/SourceGaming translator (Masked Man) saying Geno and Sora won't be playable period, who also broke an NDA by implying S-E's re-involvement
>Heroes vs Villains was moved to loz18 bullshit
>K.Rool trailer happen and every retarded villain fag start shitting up the discussion
>heroes vs villains wasn't even the name or theme of the trailer, just "The Rivals".
>took another garbage leak debunk to tell everyone that Geno was deconfirmed

>up to this day Porkyfags and Sorafags still swarm the threads

Attached: 1552089682711.png (1821x1083, 1.08M)

>no proof
What do you have to say about this now, hmm?

Attached: grinch_wrong.png (1065x559, 137K)

>I loved shitposting using Phoenix Wright too
i remember you. glad to see you still alive

I like how half of that shit is blatantly false.

>people unironically wanted Ballio

It's nice that someone saved one of my posts. Here is what someone else replied to my "point". Edgeworth won this time by using basic LOGIC

I can believe it.

It was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

Sorry, forgot pic.

Attached: Screenshot_20181101-171540-01.png (1011x979, 901K)

>the best 3 newcomers in the imgur fake leak made it in anyway
pretty based

KEK

Taking away all-star is unforgivable

Based Edgey being 100% right

How will Wrightcucks ever recover from this?

>pokemon red and blue are too hard for me

Reminder that literally everyone everywhere believed this leak. People who said they didn't believe it are either liars or "insiders" (which means they're liars anyway)

Based Edgeworth obliterating the grinch leak using only the rarest superpower; basic logic.

>i was retarded so everyone was retarded too

Attached: 1551985013899.jpg (680x452, 91K)

>be me 11
>2006
>search "master chief unmasked"
>see a cropped photo of master chief with chuck norris's head
>had no idea who chuck norris was
>actually thought it was chief
>hype it up to my siblings and cousin for like 2 weeks
>finally show them
>to this day they still make fun of me

>Reminder that I'm retarded so everyone else is also retarded

Don't deny it, you believed it.

>Didn't believe Grinch (too many things going well for certain fans)
>On my toes in regards to Vergen, but feel like he could have had one legit source if he weren't lying through his teeth with predictable guesses (which in a way, made me frightened about Incineroar's chances and how easy he'd be to put in paper for Sakurai as well as Ken being one of the requested fighters as well), but completely fucked the rest by getting his hands on all the wrong places
>Unsure about Banjo/Erdrick/whatever else current, although there's still a bit of fright in regards to Erdrick due to coincidences and the bringing of Dragon Quest's popularity, although it feels like there might have been a bit of a screw up here and Erdrick being some kind of cover up
>Never questioned Ridley despite its size (knew he would have to be changed though), K. Rool, Daisy (knew she would be a clone) and Isabelle popularity (knew she would be a clone as well)
>Had a gut feeling about Inkling, both as a wish and as a natural progression
>Distinctively remember Simon being asked and never went against him being in as well

I'm not even sure if I'm gonna make it by the time Brave or whatever the heck 2nd DLC fighter is. If Brave is who I think it is, I'm gonna have a heart attack.

Attached: Worrying intensifies.png (532x497, 74K)

grinchies sure did stretch pretty thin to convince themselves their blurry image was real

Attached: what happens when you combine the banjo isaac and geno fanbases.jpg (5069x5267, 3.45M)

So what arguments in favor of leaks were rendered completely invalid and unusable forever by grinchies?

Whatever happened to the mastermind behind this anyway? Did he ever reveal himself?

He's never gonna reveal himself, or he will get sued to hell and back by ACP-PLV and that dude he impersonated.

>was debunked by a S-E employee/SourceGaming translator (Masked Man) saying Geno and Sora won't be playable period, who also broke an NDA by implying S-E's re-involvement
Man, we should have smelled how fishy the grinch leak was from the very beginning based on this.

It’s not hard to figure out
>Be employee of printing company
>Use company printer to print out a photoshopped mural
>Get some materials around the office
>Record it on snapchat to make sure no one gets the video to prove it wrong
>Also record it like you are the cameraman from Cloverfield to make it harder to find errors
That’s the most likely scenario and it was just luck that anyone believed it.

Like come on. 2 Echoes and 5 Newcomers being revealed in 1 direct.

>chorus kids
>whoever that motorcycle guy is
If it didn't have those two it might have been at least a little believable. They were just dead giveaways the thing was fake.

Honestly Banjo being on there was a dead giveaway of it being fake.

Pretty much any time a "leak" comes around and says Nintendo and Microsoft are going to collaborate further behind Minecraft and bring Rare's old games back to Nintendo consoles it's always bullshit. See: that Gaming Intel report about the N64 mini with Rare's games on it and the recent nonsense about Game Pass coming to Switch that just got debunked.

>says Nintendo and Microsoft are going to collaborate further behind Minecraft

Meant "beyond Minecraft", oops

I still CANNOT believe that the final evos for the starters got out on the internet a whopping 5 months before the game came out

How on EARTH did that even happen?

Attached: Tails.png (290x333, 95K)

I believed it because there was no strong evidence against it. People thinking they were smart not believing it just got lucky it their choice, not because they were oh so smart to notice some nonexistent evidence.

Not having shadow as an echo hurt

I still believe that it's a rogue employee from Sakurai's dev team. They leaked the final evos yet not the middle evos. Smash is the only pokemon-related thing I can think of that would require concept art of the final starters but not the middle stages.

Who do you think it is, user?

hmmmm that's an interesting theory

I've never believed a text or image leak until the Grinch leak and it ensured I'll never believe a leak again. The fact that people were so quick to assume the Erdrick leak and the Doomguy/Ryu/Steve leak were real is kind of fucking shocking considering the Grinch leak happened only a few months ago.

Attached: a5ad387e08552548fe2d11ff59012bf3.jpg (831x978, 126K)

Way too good to be true

The Erdrick one I can at least understand why someone would believe it, but believing the Doomguy/Ryu/Steve one is still baffling because literally nobody with that much information would be in a position where they can leak it without getting busted and sued to hell and back by Nintendo and likely everyone else involved.

Most people who believe text leaks don't really think about the fact that 5 different companies would have had to tell this person the release for 5 of their games while also telling them all of their characters were in Smash. I guarantee nobody but the highest of higher ups at Nintendo know the contents of the Fighters Pass currently. Especially considering a lot of Nintendo employees didn't even know Smash Ultimate was a thing until it was revealed.

All I wanted from it was Shadow. Everything I wanted I got so I thought it was a winning streak, Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Ridley, K. Rool. Everything else with the Grinch was just a nice extra.

Attached: 1551576016799.png (500x500, 201K)

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/436416645/#436424129
It was a fun week, even if it ended in disappointment.

Attached: 1540414823182.png (1280x1037, 565K)

And said person would have to be presented as so seemingly trustworthy individual that these five companies is overly willing to reveal to this one person the entire fighter's pass plus additional details not directly related to the fighter's pass. And then this person decides to betray all these five companies' trust and leak it all with apparently nothing at stake. How the fuck do people believe text leaks like that?

I believed it was fake from the beginning. Got a good laugh at my friends who were betting against me that it was real.

>How the fuck do people believe text leaks like that?
by being 13 years old
you don't think the entire smash fanbase on Yea Forums is in their adulthood, do you

Anyone who fell for this needs to neck themselves.

I am pretty sure Sakurai gets sent materials for every single new Pokemon rather than just final evolutions.

This shit. I was just an innocent and naive kid when I read this in EGM during the early days of the internet. I went to an Electronic's Boutique (yeah, before they were called EB Games and then bought out by GameStop) and tried to preorder Twilight Princess and get a free revamped Wind Waker, only for them to look at me like I was an idiot. Fuck you EGM for destroying my innocence.

Attached: Electronic Gaming Monthly April Fool's.jpg (800x998, 182K)

There was a fake leak for one of the Crash GBA games on Wii U virtual console, which made people think that would correlate to Crash being in Smash 4.
I believed it, but it wasn't shit like the Grinchleak.

EGM used to pull this shit all the time, remember Sheng Long?

It was a shitty week. Yea Forums is obnoxious as fuck whenever it spams the board with the opinions of literal who's on Twitter and other websites. Cancerous as fuck.

How stupid.

Goddamn those owls are such an improvement. Datrix was a mistake

Was it?

The only reason someone went this far to fake a leak, was because the smash fanbase is so insane and autistic that he knew they'd screech about it for months.

>Smash is the only pokemon-related thing I can think of that would require concept art of the final starters but not the middle stages
right. nothing. not even the anime...oh wait...

I do wonder, anyone ever fess up to it?

almost feels like it came from another timeline

Attached: 1543120208071.png (200x204, 59K)

Don't delude yourself into thinking this leak was ever possible in another timeline. Unless it's a timeline where Sakurai can shit out characters out of thin air.

I wouldn't, who knows what the hell some duped smash fan would do

The one thing that felt off about Grinch for me was no Felix echo for Isaac.

Why would there be a Felix Echo Fighter for Isaac? Just because a character has potential to be an Echo Fighter, doesn't mean they will be.

Anyone who actually believed those would be the evolutions are genuinely retarded

Because it would be just as obvious of a choice as Ken

>w-well you believed the leak too!
Why do grinchfags always respond with this?

Ken is popular and an iconic fighting game character from an ongoing series. Felix doesn't have shit on Ken and it's retarded to compare the two. There is nothing 'obvious' about Ken at all.

Because there was a strawpoll that was held where nearly 400 people voted and the consensus was "it's real' you fucking moron. People who say the grinch leak was "easy to fake and you all were gullible" are fucking retards. No one to this day can explain how whoever did this cropped and moved every single character, and no one has attempted to do so either.

>There is nothing 'obvious' about Ken at all.
Meant Felix. He's forgotten even harder than Isaac is, because rosterfags only gave a shit about him when Echo Fighters were revealed.

>No one to this day can explain how whoever did this cropped and moved every single character
seems pretty fucking easy if you know no one's ever going to see your shitty edit at a higher resolution than a wrist game

they have to project their own gullibility onto others because they just can't accept that they were blinded by wishful thinking.

why dont you do it then if its so easy?

>No one to this day can explain how whoever did this cropped and moved every single character
That's because you ignore use every time we tell you. Anyone who has used image editing software before can crop characters and move them around, and it didn't have to look good because he knew it would be low-res and blurred to hell. All he had to do was cut up some character renders, splice them together, paste them in random places, and move some of the others around. He could easily paint in any holes he made, too. I don't think I can emphasize enough how "only okay" this shit had to look to pass.

Are you fucking retarded? Any artist can crop out the characters and redraw shit. The art didn't even have to look good since it was going to end up being small and blurry as fuck.

The impressive thing about the Grinch leak isn't the art. That shit can easily be done throughout the month. The only impressive thing about the Grinch leak is the way they framed the French printing company.
Can you seriously not comprehend how easily artists are able to edit image?

Why are you all so delusional?

because i'm playing a fucking video game you dumb autist, i don't have the time to make a shitty edit and take a video with my phone with a tiny little printout of my edit sitting in the background just to prove a point to some whiny teenager on Yea Forums who refuses to believe that he's just a gullible fuckwit

how to kill many franchises in one second.

Attached: incineroar.png (888x999, 744K)

It doesn't matter how many of you retards there were that believed this shitty leak, there were people constantly picking apart this fake as soon as it showed up who you fags antagonized constantly

Attached: 14642020870023.png (809x531, 26K)

>there were people constantly picking apart this fake as soon as it showed up who you fags antagonized constantly
I love how Yea Forums was so dead set in trying to discredit insiders but just ended up giving them even more credibility.

>I'm salty over believing it so I must try to find flaws in him

He should be shot on sight for even making that grookey one