ITT: old games we still don't have modern alternatives for

ITT: old games we still don't have modern alternatives for

Attached: 1352830785.gif (500x374, 838K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R58ZL2RE9eY
youtu.be/PLObNo3gWp0?t=39
youtube.com/watch?v=XotDig-NSXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Graffiti_Kingdom_Coverart.png (256x363, 194K)

Doesn't MK8 Deluxe include all the good maps from n64?

God damn look at all that soul

The battle mode is shit

Attached: guild wars.jpg (719x1024, 180K)

The only not so great mk game since that was double dash and ds one. All the others are great games even the games I mention are still good games Mario kart wii u is fucking awsome best Mario kart ever

this hurts

PepsiMan

Attached: pespsiknee.png (800x800, 507K)

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=R58ZL2RE9eY

Attached: ba7abea220f05c6b2145bac563513b97.jpg (1080x1620, 298K)

Ghost Master. I wish it had a more polished sequel, but it never happened.

MK8 is better, dude. MKDS and MKWii are also better. Even MK1 on SNES was better.

delete this

Attached: 1542096701667.jpg (1080x985, 170K)

Looks good. Is it good?

refer to

Mario kart ds is one of the best you fucking casual nigger

Mkwii is the worst game in the series

Nothing has come close to how good Star Fox 64 was.
How hard could it be to improve on 64 without getting too gimmicky? Very, apparently.

Attached: sf.jpg (681x526, 65K)

64's Ai was literal rubberband bullshit at 150CC. Only reason to ever play that garbage game is for the MP.

>Platinum had a decent playing and good looking Star Fox section in Bayonetta 2 with an okay time slow gimmick
youtu.be/PLObNo3gWp0?t=39
>Miyamoto most likely forced them to make all of Star Fox Zero unplayable motion control only shit
It's not fair

Attached: trynottocum.jpg (680x648, 59K)

The tracks are good, but a lot of cart racers have much better gameplay.

Step aside

Attached: Crash_Team_Racing_Nitro-Fueled_cover_art.jpg (273x364, 30K)

Can someone explain to me what made GW1 so good? I played GW2 with friends when it came out and thought it was pretty fun, yet everyone everywhere seems convinced that 2 is horrid and 1 is amazing

The Switch rerelease added an actually fully featured battle mode and it’s kinda great

Literally every Mario Kart after is better.

t. zoomer

it's new and popular and opened the series to the mainstream. go figure

Attached: relationship-tips-happy-couples.jpg (800x600, 112K)

Builds, non-retarded gear, missions that could be played with friends or heroes, no SJW crap, story wasn't amazing but definitely btfo GW2's dumpster fire. Honestly, the skill system alone made GW1 superior and worth a playthrough.

What the fuck makes Mario kart 64 so great? There wasn't even any fucking music when you played multiplayer

No, it's shit.

Attached: KoDP.jpg (1280x800, 790K)

>There wasn't even any fucking music when you played multiplayer
Holy shit I forgot about that.

Attached: 1402529778570.jpg (450x495, 87K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XotDig-NSXg
Yeah its fun game a 3d action rpg platformer game that lets you create your own creature from scratch in a 3d max like mode.
You can select its attacks from moves you get from enemies.

And if you cant draw or create things you can edit enemies once you get there monster card

Attached: graffiti-kingdom-20050406110959728.jpg (400x280, 30K)

Too lazy to get into details but all you really need to know is that it's a completely different game in about every way and there's nothing on the market resembling it for better or for worse.

Crappy talentless rubbish.

>expansive card game-like skill system
>PvP was actually skillful, fun and engaging
>cooperative story missions
>max gear is cheap and easy to get, but there's still expensive cosmetic gear for those willing to grind for it

GW2 is pretty decent as far as MMOs go, it's just shitty as a sequel to its predecessor.
GW1 wasn't really an MMO, more like a co-op RPG with some MMO elements.
What made it special was its skill system; each profession had a huge amount of skills, you could get really creative and people came up with insane but at the same time brilliant builds.
GW1 also had excellent PvP and some professions had very high skill ceilings. The combat/movement is a bit clunky for today's standards though.

I’d say a big problem with Japanese culture is that when people in their society get old, senile and nuts? People still listen to them and do what they say.

God a switch release would ne heavenly.
Who owns the IP now since it's creators are gone?
Also, this game is hard to pirate or buy sadly.
Had it on a flash drive but it's lost forever.
The advent of touch screens really should have spawned a slew games like this.
Honorable mention goes to pic related.

Attached: 220px-Amazing_Island.jpg (220x307, 32K)

To clarify I meant graffiti kingdom is hard to find and I'd like it on switch or ds.

64 is bottom tier mario kart.

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is the best kart racing game of all time though.

I love Mario Kart 8, but I can't believe none of the games have a better battle mode than 64. 4 players on Block Fort is perfection.

super circuit, 64 and double dash are the worst.

Oh yeah man I dream of a PC release or Switch release Square Enix owns the rights to the game since Square bought Taito.
I never played that GK when it was released
I saw it on Youtube and when I got a Laptop bought the game on amazon and used a emulator to play it and saved an ISO loved the game ever since

Pc would be better on second thought.
A sequel would make my decade.
Unfortunately enix doesn't make fun games anymore.

probably just nostalgia since it was one of the first big 4 player split screen games. it was amazing fun back then but it's objectively not great. i can't go back to it today.

it's not really a kart racing game though it's more of an arcade racer.

that's just the map. 64 has awful mechanics compared to the new games. block fort in 8 would be much better.

It's just more fun, I have a group of friends and we tried every MK game ever and we all agreed we would all rather play 64

Attached: gothic-2_6013431.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

it's not quite as good but Risen is an updated version of this.

even Risen1 is old as shit at this point

>Enemies didn't roll powerups at all and just randomly used easy to realise ones
>Rubberbanding out the arse
>Weird slowdowns or speedups in certian stages, depending on playercount
like DK Jungle sometimes going turbomode with 2 players
>Drastic downgrades with 3 and 4 players to keep the game fluid

Battlemode never got this amazing again though with retardedly simple and stupid stages and modes from there on, otherwise this is just nostalgia wankery it was a mess barely stable and this is coming from somebody who lend his whole SNES and SNES LIBARY to some dude in turn to get his copy of Mario Kart 64 for like a month with no regrets but facts are facts and kids are dumb.

True and Drawn to Life DS another creation game series rights is owned by 505 games now and they havent done anything with it since the original THQ went bankrupt even then 5 cell the developers of the game should be the ones to work on it.
I wish THQ Nordic would buy the rights back and do something with it

Attached: 250px-Drawn_to_Life_The_Next_Chapter_DS_cover.jpg (250x224, 27K)

The hype is killing me.

Attached: 1536834096833.gif (500x282, 1.38M)

It fucking hurts.

Attached: raganrokonline.jpg (1023x550, 246K)