Reminder to turn your game volume down

Reminder to turn your game volume down.

You don't want to contract tinnitus, do you?

Attached: 500_F_219122581_tHvqvCXt7o6ynZZfzLJ6weWEPdi0lfRV.jpg (500x334, 71K)

WHAT?

WHAT WAS THAT user, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THISRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNG

I always have it at 20 percent so fuck you

Can you actually get this from headphone usage? I thought it was like from construction related stuff and gunshots?

Are you sure?

I already have tinnitus and want to kill myself.

Now I keep my master volume at 5%, and ensure no application goes over 5% on top of that.

>contract
Learn English.

>I already have tinnitus and want to kill myself.
Why?

WHATS THAT, user? I CANT HEAR YOU

For me it sounds like a CRT TV on an empty AV channel. I can still hear just fine, but it's annoying.

Last time it went away after a week. Hopefully this spell follows suit.

You are now imagining being forcibly given tinnitus and then put in a sensory deprivation tank.

>worked on an aircraft carrier for 2 years
>worked with aircraft for 3 years
Already got it.

go into your audio chipset drivers and turn on noise equalization

there, done, your tinnitus is cured, and you can hear shit better in games

Attached: 1551240320718.png (500x369, 186K)

I already have it but it's not too bad

More importantly how do we protect our eyesight?

Too late...

user you can even go bald from headphone usage

Attached: 1531238235865.jpg (2048x1228, 503K)

Decibels matter, not the source

this is unironcally happening to me not that badly though

Had it my whole life alongside visual snow, oh well. I just have to sleep with a fan on so I don’t get ear raped by the ringing

>contract

I actually refuse to believe that there are people on earth that hear complete silence

Wow, finally I have name for this bullshit. Describing it to doctors got me nowhere. Thanks.

At least it won't drive us insane unless we focus on it too much, right? Right?

Too late for me. Didn't even know tinnitus was a thing. Thought my hearing will only get worse. Now I'm stuck in this eternal hell.

Glad I could help, welcome to the club. There’s no cure and i wonder every day if it has any effect on my mental health as well

When I first became aware of it, it freaked me the fuck out, especially at how unheard of it seemed to be. Now I'm used to it enough it's just a regular part of my vision I forget sometimes other people don't have to deal with, same with Tinnitus. (This thread is also making me painfully aware of both conditions)

Can headphones produce the required decibels? Would the volume need to be completely maxed out?

What does the ringing actually sound like? An alarm clock?

A faint, constant, high-pitched tone. It's more of a phantom noise than the way we actually are supposed to hear things.

I hear something like this whenever it's "quiet", is there anything else to define it? I've heard people who have it complaining about it a lot so I assumed it was somewhat debilitating

I've already had it for over 15 years. I need to have a fan or tv on when trying to sleep or the ringing gets too distracting.

You realize constant external noise only makes it worse, right?

no it doesn't

It can be nerve-wrecking.

Only it those are too loud.

Enjoy the EEEEEEEEE, you'll get it no doubt.

Too late, thanks Excision

my system volume is always at 30

In my case, it's similar to when you got hit by flashbang in counter strike. Any other user want to make comparison?

Something like that, the tone is a little lower, the noise isn't perfectly consistent

I was actually able to ignore it for years, then my ears got blocked with earwax for a few days and I started paying much more attention to it again

Because he has tinnitus you mongoloid

I really had no chance. My family(and basically my entire country) is filled with Normalfags and they are always putting loud fucking shitty music on the radio I hate and I had to use headphones all the time in order to escape them
If I didnt got tinnitus from headphones, I got it from literally everyone around me putting their music to the max and I hate it

Attached: 1513652649826.jpg (468x427, 65K)

Mine is similar, I live in a favela, they have large funk balls (baile funk) where music is blasted at defeaning ranges, the windows always kept shaking around the house. I just got used to pain and headaches, beats spending money and being addicted to medicine

holy shit user it was literally the same for me. Hueland is fucking hell if you just want to live in a quiet place. I'm so fucking sorry.

Attached: 1550355663766.jpg (900x900, 80K)

Is visual snow basically like a static TV in your vision? I get that shit intensely when I close my eyes.

My volume is at like 30%-50% most of the time, and it seems pretty loud, I some times have to lower to volume of youtube vids down to like 10%. Not sure what's considered loud, wouldn't it mainly be something that causes you discomfort?

Attached: 1549869601353.jpg (500x281, 32K)

Yea I'm not quite sure what that's all about, it's always there if you focus on seeing it, and never there if you don't.

Attached: 1548259723506.gif (500x454, 198K)

>visual snow
You mean that, yea, had it since ... always? Or maybe i got it when water heater blew up in my face ... Eirgwe way, as long as you don't focus on it, it pretty much doesn't exist. At least for me.

Attached: Feels Odd.png (300x250, 13K)

Reminder

>Clasp your palms over your ears with your fingers wrapping around the back of your skull
>Place your index fingers on top of your middle fingers
>Drum your index fingers up and down onto your middle fingers so that you feel thuds reverberating through your skull
>Do this 30-50 times rapidly then take your palms off your ears

Attached: audiophilia is a state of being.jpg (3304x2195, 1.48M)

Anything loud over time causes damage, if the volume is extreme the damage happens faster. Basically just don’t listen to loud sounds directly in your ears for too long over extended time periods. Volume for gaming and shit should be audible so your not struggling to hear it but not loud enough to feel like someone is making loud noises straight into your ear.

I always figured too loud was anything approaching standing on a runway during takeoff, the kind of volume that's almost physically painful and makes you breathe a sigh of relief when it's over. But ever since smartphones got that warning when you turn the volume too high (not sure if it's just an EU thing), I've noticed I can get the warning just from turning the volume up a bit for a song I like.

You're joking, right?