Anyone else disappointed That V was just a plot device for an old character when he was more interesting than all the...

Anyone else disappointed That V was just a plot device for an old character when he was more interesting than all the others...he deserved better

Attached: Vhascometo.jpg (590x350, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1102674074453594112
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

V literally is only part of that character, he is still there

Not really, if he had remained part of the cast, he would have been ruined quite quickly. This way he can be remembered forever as a great guy.

Still mad eh fujo?

Can someone just spoil the shit with Virgil? I legitimately need to decide if I should play this crap when it goes on sale.

Vergil was split in two half urizen and half V. After corrupted vergil got btfo by dante he wandered around like zombie, took yamato back and split himself to get rid of his human side, because muh power.

I keep crashing on Chapter 2, and yes I paid for the game. Is this just one of those Day 1 bugs?

Vergil get's whalloped for years in the underworld. He gets back Yamato and is done with all this shit. He uses Yamato's ability to cut his demonic entity and humanity apart. Urizen i the Demon, while V is the human. V will die in the forseeable future because he is weak. V recognises hi (Vergil's) mistakes and wants them to be undone. At the and he manages to fuse with Vergil again. Vergil retains all the memories V possessed. Thus Vergil has a new layer too himsel. The part that sees the quest for Power as selfdefeating. We know how that part of Vergil feels. Something Vergil would have never been able to convey because before the fusion it was against his character. V is not only a plot device but also just exists to make Vergil a better character

So was all the mundus foreshadowing just a red herring?

Yes I'm super disappointed. The least interesting thing you could do and they did it.

>V is not only a plot device but a plot device

retard

I don't know if it was actually made to be a red herring or if people looked too deep into it cause of their own expectations, but there is indeed no Mundus in the game. The summons are DMC1 enemies cause they are Vergil's nightmares shaped by his memory as Nelo Angelo.

Exactly,it felt like a cop out and an ass kissing for the old fans

crimson cloud was the biggest red herring

I guess i expected too much wanting a dmc that is more than just dante and vergil beating each other up :<

I was expecting this grandiose story with some new characters

If you took time to honestly look at previous DMC game, you'd notice the story was always more of an excuse for gameplay, than some amazing writing. They actually put the most effort this time.

I'm pretty disappointed, even the DMC4 story had more progression than "Dante fights Vergil again!! Epic!!". Vergil wasn't even the main villain of DMC3, I understand people like him but it's annoying to have him shoehorned into the story again.

We got catfished hard

Bad excuse, this was mostly a rehash while they sold us this would be a different story,that is my problem

>crimson cloud was the biggest red herring
>SPLIT MYSELF IN TWO
It's actually a hint to V's identity.

He was there and he performed. He did well. You should be complaining at how lenient the style meter and style ranking is.

>plot device
I mean he is literally Vergil, user. It's not even Vergil roleplaying but Vergil himself when he did not act like a dick.

Yeah but it could have been anyone who split themselves...it doesnt really imply Vergil...which is what many of us were expecting...a new character not a rehash

V is his own person with his own playstyle, he's not a rehash.
He's part of Vergil, but he's the part Vergil constantly supresses.

Literally too pure for this world, i'll miss him. Fucking Bingo.

>splits his human half from his demon half
>human half not only gains completely unrecognizable facial features but looks about 20 years younger
???

I thought they were starting to imply he was actually Dante and Dante was a faker all along

no, he is Vergil if he wasn't half a demon and without such a massive fetish for POWER
Vergil was never like V, if he was Dante not recognizing him as far as they meet would have been even more retarded.

So Vergil literally spent the entirety of post-DMC1, DMC4, DMC2 (lol retcons), and pre-DMC5 doing nothing of note except going around getting sodomized by demons until he was a fucked up wreck?

>>human half not only gains completely unrecognizable facial features but looks about 20 years younger
Urizen doesn't resemble his DT either, what's your point? Both their forms are completely nonindicative.

Urizen was hopped up on Qlipoth juice and Mundus corruption. There is literally no reason that V shouldn't just be Vergil but anorexic and black-haired.

>Vergil
>is meant to be identical twin of Dante
>stated by novel
>stated by manga (although not completely canon)
>more than shown in DMC3
>even crossovers had Vergil as just Dante with slicked back hair
>even reboot shit did the same
>they didn't look alike in DMC4 due to actual reasons for it
>in DMC5 they're meant to be same age, yet they look nothing alike; have different face models, by the way
So, why question it?
Although, reason why I imagine for V not looking like Vergil is because he is his human side and both Dante's and Vergil's appearance is affected by Sparda's (demon) genetics over Eva's.

V is what Vergil perceived his humanity as. Weak and small, so it makes sense that when they’re separated they both take on different looks based on how Vergil felt about himself.

Hey what's going on in this thread?

Attached: Sheik_Artwork.png (1015x2426, 1.64M)

So none of the game would have happened if Vergil let go of his power boner and not try to take on Mundus solo.

And screaming while thinking of the ass-beating Dante, blaming everything on him even though he is the maker of his demise.

Vergil blames Dante for everything because Eva couldn’t find him in time to “save” him. It seems like he’s finally accepted that Dante has had nothing to do with what are his own faults and their fighting is now more like brotherly sparring.

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIFE

He literally split himself because "muh Dante beat me WAAAAAAAAAAA"
Stop doing mental gymnastic for defending Vergil, vergilfag.

I think all of the characters in DMCV suck ass
Nobody knows what badass is. Everything is cringe.

>DMC5 is just one big metaphor for some deadbeat dad becoming a methhead and getting dragged to rehab by his brother and son

How did Eva and Sparda manage to raise a successful dead beat like Dante yet at the same time raise the fuck up that is Vergil?

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

No, he split himself because he was dying from demon AIDS. He was desperate to survive and just told everyone he was going REEE DANTE to appear slightly less pathetic.

The sparring bit comes after he's restored and inherits V's memories. It's called character growth.

V himself literally states that the only thing that kept pre-split Vergil going was his enormous butthurt against Dante.

Nico is fucking adorable. Honestly I love her character and backstory.

>no massive jawline and monocle
She's a disappointment.

How does that invalidate what I wrote? Vergil has changed post-merger because he's been able to perceive the world without his power boner, as V. As Urizen, he didn't have most of his memories. They all flowed into V.

She inherited his gorgeous hair and his stutter that’s all that matters.

>All of Griffons comments and jokes towards other demons is how Vergil saw them during his Nelo Angelo days.

>How did Eva and Sparda manage to raise a successful dead beat like Dante yet at the same time raise the fuck up that is Vergil?

They didn't because they were too busy being dead. Dante and vergil's respective personalities was formed based on how they adapted to their parents deaths. Dante, who was saved by Eva, took to heart his mom's sacrifice and later on his dad's selflessness during the events of DMC3. Meanwhile, Vergil was seemingly abandoned and had to rely on himself to get more power.

I will never get over how Vergil is always considered the older brother despite him and Dante being twins.

In my mind, Vergil registers as the little brother because he's got such an inferiority complex.

Identical twins share the same age, "older" twins are just those that get pumped out from the vagoo first.

>Sparda
>raised anybody
That guy was original Florida man. Bailed out of their lives because, never to be heard from again because... ??? ...Stuff!

>Eva
>raise the fuck up that is Vergil
There is your answer.

>Cuts off son's arm for more power and leaves him for dead
>Kills millions of innocents for more power without even caring
>Act like a smug asshole the whole way through
>Still do nothing but lose
>Everyone forgives him and acts like he's a good person in the end
Thank God for the gameplay, because the story in this game is on par with DMC2 and DmC.

You have to give Vergil credit, no matter how many times Dante beats his ass he will always feel that he’d never lose.

t. brainlet

Twins don't get born in same time, genius. One that comes out first is obviously the older one.

Maybe because they didn't raised them at all.
Daddy was out of their lives before they could even remember him much.
Mommy was absolute retard that locks her kid in closet when house is on fire, then she goes to look for her other child and dies in the process, which shall result in autism of both brothers.

I hope he gets imprinted into the book, and through some ridiculous mumbo jumbo, is an individual separate from Vergil. god knows Nero needs a partner in the front line with him, and he certainly can't hold a game on his own, so it'd be fun to see him again. if DMC5 is the last game centering around D&V, feels like a cop out if Dante turns up in a DMC sequel 'cept as hidden super costume/character alongside Vergil

>V is his own person with his own playstyle, he's not a rehash.

Which is why he deserved his own story and not just "part of Vergil never to be seen again"

lol what fucking character growth, he literally just sits and pouts until Dante shows up so he can sperg about beating him again

>god knows Nero needs a partner in the front line with him
>Implying Nero isn't just a missing piece of Dante or something

DMC is everyone is someone else now

This is his own story. He was dying from the day he was created and had to return. Plus, this is DMC. There's always room for stuff like Sassy purple chicken is ded though.

Him handing Nero the book instead of, say, destroying it is a hint. Dante and him sparring between enemy waves in Hell and arguing over what counts and what doesn't is another.

Attached: 408230-20;1547206987j.jpg (450x450, 215K)

>now
Gilver sets a precedent. So does Gloria. So does Jester. You're late to the party and its getting cuhrayzee.

Yeah thats one way to do it,hope thats what they implied by leaving the book with Nero at the end

Copout argument. DMC3 had a great story, this was just fanservice for people who think "vergul is da coolest charactur evur". It's a letdown after waiting 10 years, clinging onto Vergil ruined this franchise. He should've stayed dead.

No. Go back on tumblr.

>go to x site

Attached: bahh.jpg (818x503, 163K)

lol great character development

two scenes that MAYBE show a change if you squint really hard

I thought it was supposed to be a big twist, but they straight up give it to you after the Cavalerie fight. I guess the real twist was that everyone thought V would be the new Vergil but nope, he forms himself once again and tricked everyone into regaining his power

Attached: 1530041712697.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

>This is his own story.

No it's Vergil's story and V is just a plot device that fades away forever.

I do hope he comes back though. As his own thing with his own motivations this time.

Deny it all you want, it's still happening. Consider this: You'd have lost V earlier in the game otherwise.
V is part of Vergil but a part we've never seen before. He gets to be independent of him and influence him after the merger. As such, V has his own story.

Consider this: V could have been his own character from the beginning and not just half of Vergil.

Fuck off already Itsuno. Your Vergilwanking storyline was dumb.

>Consider this: V could have been his own character from the beginning and not just half of Vergil.
>Bringing in a new pivotal character at the proclaimed end of the Sons of Sparda storyline
>not finally allowing the brothers to reunite
>not finally allowing Vergil to be free of corruption
>not following it up with DMC6 starring Nero, Lady, Trish and Nico

>Vergilwanking
>Make Vergil ugly as sin

Hmmm

>Vergil looks so shitty in this he makes Vorgil look good in comparison
How did they fuck it up so bad?

They could have done all of that and still have V be his own character. That's exactly why he should have been his own character, so there are new characters to take over once Dante and Vergil's story is done.

That's exactly why EVERYONE thought V was his own character leading up to the game and were fine with it. I feel bad for them, the people who liked him so much because they are going to be so disappointed that he's just just a plot device to wank Vergil like it was even necessary.

If you honestly can't think of a way to develop your character without splitting him in two and wasting two other characters in the process, you're just a shitty writer.

He was ugly as sin in the original leak, but everyone seems to like how he looks now.

If Vergil was going to come back at all, it should've been because the new big baddy of the Underworld is so powerful that he needs to return back to the surface and team up with Dante, V and Nero to defeat him. Urizen could have been great, V could have been great, having both of these characters being split sides of Vergil is incredibly shitty writing.

It's really strange. The first part of the game was amazing and actually seemed like they put creative effort into the story. Then the Vergil reveal happens and it all goes downhill from there. The ending just felt like an underwhelming nostalgia pandering mess.

does anyone have a video of what the alt style rank announcer sounds like?

I agree.

Vergil coming back to help them would have been his redemption story.

V could have actually been a truly grey character with his own backstory that was given power by Mundus or something but by the end teams up with everyone else.

I honestly don't know who thought "Vergil is everyone, that's the whole story" was a good idea.

All this buildup for who V and Urizen is and there is no payoff because it's just Vergil. Boring and retarded.

What's worse is that Vergil's own reasons for doing all this aren't even dramatic or new. He's just mad again so he sudoku's for power. Not exactly a huge departure from the guy we've all known thus far and a huge letdown as the big reason for the entire game we've been playing with people dying the city getting fucked.

>I honestly don't know who thought "Vergil is everyone, that's the whole story" was a good idea.
It allows us to see into Vergil's personality, to better understand what he wishes and why he does what he does (POWER is just and always has been posturing of his) which I found fitting as a conclusion to the saga. Guy literally split himself into Id and Super Ego.

>All this buildup for who V and Urizen is and there is no payoff because it's just Vergil. Boring and retarded.

>What's worse is that Vergil's own reasons for doing all this aren't even dramatic or new. He's just mad again so he sudoku's for power. Not exactly a huge departure from the guy we've all known thus far and a huge letdown as the big reason for the entire game we've been playing with people dying the city getting fucked.

You missed the rest of my post Itsuno.

also you might want to reread this one too

DMC3 already did the "Dante embodies the human spirit, Vergil embodies the demon" thing though. There's no need to retread that but even more heavy-handed. It's a waste of a plot for something that could've been great, and it's hugely disappointing.

This. I think what a certain someone doesn't get isn't that they didn't succeed in doing what they set out to do, it's just fucking incredibly lazy and boring and a waste of two other characters.

There are MUCH better ways to develop a character and finishing this story and they took the shittiest route.

The story, setting, everything is excellent up until the 'everyone is vergil' part. Then it becomes dogshit rapidly and it's amazing they fucked up that hard.

Vergil has none of V's traits, doesn't remember much from his time as V and when he does come back, he's an even worse version of how he was before.

Vergil would have been great as Urizen/the main villain but they completely fucked it up because not only is he kind of the villain but not really, they made him pathetic and pitiful.
>cries the entire game about how dante beat him despite teh fact everything vergil has done is vergil's own faul
>"d-don't say it"
>"i-if i beat you, it counts as beating dante..."
>"Y-yeah, the tree was bothering me anyway despite the fact I could have destroyed it immediately but didn't because???"

V and Urizen are way more memorable and fun. Every line they say is gold compared to Vergil and if they'd made V his own character and Urizen Vergil, they could have kept them more distinct and better characterised.

>All this buildup for who V and Urizen is and there is no payoff because it's just Vergil. Boring and retarded.
>What's worse is that Vergil's own reasons for doing all this aren't even dramatic or new. He's just mad again so he sudoku's for power. Not exactly a huge departure from the guy we've all known thus far and a huge letdown as the big reason for the entire game we've been playing with people dying the city getting fucked.
The payoff is Vergil returning in full glory after being absent or diminished, timeline-wise, since DMC1 and the brothers being able to settle their grudge once and for all. Could Dante have explained himself to Vergil at any other point if he'd just returned like this? I think not, that's why V's memories have already stirred something in Vergil. They keep fighting each other, but the grudge is definitely wearing down.
People have been saying "V is Vergil, Urizen is Vergil, or either or both are Mundus" for months before the release. His name's V, for god's sake. A few days before the whole game leaked, an user inadvertently got it right by posting a pic of the holy trinity that replaced "Father", "Son", "Holy Spirit" and "God" with "V", "Urizen", "Mundus" and "Vergil".
I am of the opinion that moving away from the "One brother was all good, one brother was all bad" angle makes for better storytelling.
>Vergil has none of V's traits, doesn't remember much from his time as V and when he does come back, he's an even worse version of how he was before.
He's sulky as fuck. He keeps those traits bottled up, but he can't help being affected by the memories of his time as V. I've already said him begrudgingly handing the book to Nero as a parting gift shows growth, but of course he can't say it yet.

Just give up already, they're too fucking delusional and upset right now

I've said what I've had to say, they can save it and read it when they've calmed down.

>I am of the opinion that moving away from the "One brother was all good, one brother was all bad" angle makes for better storytelling.
That's all well and good, but you're praising this game for better storytelling? It easily has worse storytelling than 3. 3 showed Vergil as a man committed to his own ideals, even still fighting with Dante after the main threat has been defeated, whereas his arc in 5 is like a bad Dragon Ball Z episode.

HE FUCKING SUCKS, HE HAS SHIT GAMEPLAY AND HE HAS A BIG UGLY NOSE!
BIG
UGLY
NOSE!

user, go off what's actually shown in game. What's shown in game is Vergil remembering nothing of his time as V, saying he isn't V and throwing the book to Nero as a memento. He and V are nothing alike in presentation, humour, attitude, fighting style or anything. THe sole thing they share is the motivation of power.

>the payoff is MORE VERGIL FUCK THE OTHER TWO CHARACTERS WE'VE BUILT UP

Go to bed, Itsuno.

and no, people were theorizing who V could be but him being Vergil was not a popular theory exactly because it seemed too retarded to be true and he acts nothing like Vergil. Everyone thought he was connected to Mundus.

He should have just been another Trish. This is just retarded.

people have been reading your dumbass excuses and reaching for about two days now, it's still as retarded and desperate as the first time you posted it

See you next DMC6 - Nero and Dante become one person! Sick!

>implying 6 isn't going to be literally everyone is Vergil, even Nero turns out to be just a clone and not his son and Dante isn't actually his twin, he was clone in the womb too!

i didn't want vergil, i wanted new interesting characters

>THe sole thing they share is the motivation of power.
That's precisely what they do not share. "POWER" is what Urizen is made of and what he strives for. V wants to stop his megalomaniac half and set things right.
Fun thing is, I didn't post anything here two days ago. I was shitposting on Yea Forums. So there's people out there who get the story besides me. That's nice to know.

Did you expect him to go on an hour-long ramble where he analyzes their trip there?
Of course Vergil will carry himself differently, cause he has his pride, but V is still present as one side of him.

Attached: 1551984429323.png (865x449, 311K)

Does anyone have that fan art of V in the neon platform shoes and lingerie? I need it. For reasons

No he doesn't. V spends the entire game absorbing demons into his cane and uses it to power up Urizen when they fuse together. That's why he insists he be the one to kill him; to power him up even more.

There's nothing in the game that suggests that besides them both wanting power.

>but him being Vergil was not a popular theory
It was the most popular theory frome the very beggining goddamnit

Attached: maxresdefault-4.jpg (630x354, 42K)

Okay, I see you're pulling things out of your ass, it's useless to keep replying to you.

>there's people who get the story

A retarded toddler could "get the story". You seem to have real trouble comprehending anything you read. It's not that people don't understand what they were doing, it's that it's the most basic bitch boring wasteful shitty route they could have taken and they didn't do a good job.

>a self-admitted shitposter from fucking Yea Forums of all places

As if your posts didn't already reveal how brainlet you are.

>who get the story besides me
>acting like this story is a 'pleb filter' when its just fucking terrible

>No he doesn't. V spends the entire game absorbing demons into his cane and uses it to power up Urizen when they fuse together. That's why he insists he be the one to kill him; to power him up even more.
V absorbs demonic energy to keep himself going, so he can stop Urizen. He wasn't a double agent, he really wanted to put things right, but felt that he was dying. His choices were to reunite with Urizen to become Vergil again, or to die and let Urizen live to either rule the world or to die at Dante's hands. Becoming Vergil with new point of view is his damage control.

Did i miss something? Was it clearly pointed out in game that Vergil does not remember his time as V? Or is it just a speculation since he never says he does?

Have you not seen the scene where Urizen and V fuse? Urizen clearly ends up powered up from it and V's literally been sucking demons into his cane the whole game.

>did you expect him to show his development that I've been bending over backwards to try and defend?! PFF! Think again!
>did you expect there to actually be any real payoff to wasting two characters? HAHAH FUCK THAT

>Urizen clearly ends up powered up from it
Urizen and V vanish in a flash and restore a Vergil free from demonic corruption in a ragged coat.

But Vergil doesn't have a new viewpoint because he expresses the exact same motivation before the split and after - 'fuck Dante'. Not only that, Vergil ends up even stronger after the fusion because the demons V absorbed combine with the Fruit to finally let Vergil access Sin DT. It's why he's so much stronger afterwards. He's clearly a double agent because if he actually wanted to stop the tree, he'd just let Urizen, the one controlling it, get merced by Dante.

Vergil doesn't turn off the tree until after he's already lost twice.

No, him being connected to Mundus was the most popular and always was that's why Mundusfags had a fucking meltdown when the real shitty version was revealed.

No one fucking thought he was Vergil, it wwas barely even talked about until the leak.

Yeah and he's even stronger than before because he has Sin DT while still wanting to kill Dante and not giving a shit about the world until he loses twice.

Old Vergil would keep on fighting, new Vergil accepts his son as stronger opponent, despite still being able to continue.

fucking kek this

It was always Mundus because there's way more suggesting he's Mundus
>manipulative
>mallet island trio
>puppeteer fighting style
>can summon canes like his red spikes
>name of his song, crimson cloud
>has a 3 eye tattoo
>cracking like mundus

He does remember that's why you can see subtle changes in his character. He even thanks nero before going to the portal. Its only mad tumblerinas itt that want their emo dude back and are mad as fuck about it they can't notice.

The fact that people don't even know is just more proof that they fucked up.

If V really affected Vergil and "developed" him as Itsuno has been claiming this whole thread, no one would be wondering if he even fucking remembers his time as V.

>he expresses the exact same motivation before the split and after - 'fuck Dante'.
V is the one to really express Vergil's feelings while Vergil keeps them bottled and sealed under POWER autism. You can't go by what Vergil says, more like how he acts, and we've been over that.
>Yeah and he's even stronger than before because he has Sin DT while still wanting to kill Dante and not giving a shit about the world until he loses twice.
Dante's stronger as well, DSD and Majin form, of course he'd want to try out if he could still match his brother with his newfound powers. The epilogue makes it clear that this is the case and they're still evenly matched.

But new Vergil just says 'I'll fight Dante after stopping the tree' even though he could have stopped the tree while Dante was climbing up to meet him. Hell, he's even shown sitting on a throne made from the tree, waiting for the others to arrive up to him and watching it kill/harvest more people while fusing the demon and human worlds together and he's just sitting down waiting for them.

Vergil is literally the exact same before and after the split except he whines like a faggot now.

>except he whines like a faggot now.
Stop projecting

>the way he acts
>sitting down at the top of the tree watching it kill countless humans while it fuses the human worlds together
>V lied and manipulated everyone so he could fuse with Urizen and feed him the power of the cane
I sure wonder what these actions could mean.

>Dante's stronger as well
How does this change the fact that V didn't actually want to stop anything, he just wanted to get stronger by collecting demons and fusing them into Urizen?

>if you do that you can't come back!
>you think he's ever coming back?
Why does the story even pretend like Dante and Vergil are remotely stuck in Hell in any way or fashion when they have Yamato on hand and Dante already strolled out of hell through pure bullshit once before?

>D-DON'T SAY IT
>I-IF I WIN, THAT COUNTS AS ME BEATING YOU
>C-CAN'T YOU KEEP COUNT?
>I-INTERESTING
>IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT MY LIFE SUCKS DANTE

Half of Vergil's dialogue is whining.

Because no one gives a shit.

>that's why you see subtle changes

More like you headcanoned subtle changes that only you can see if you squint. Vergil is the same retard he always was only worse.

>Oh noo dante would thigns be different if i wern't such a faggot? who cars about these people dying better sit on my tree till you show up so we can fight
>i can still fight durr pls nero if i beat you i beat dante

>REE TUMBLRINA

says the brainlet Yea Forums shitposter. Go back.

>V acts nothing like vergil
Besides the poetry reading, you really think he doesn't?

Because it would really be bad writing to make him go 180° all of a sudden. Vergil is both V and Urizen, most of his life it was the Urizen part that controlled him, it's now that V side gets some chance to push the scale in his favor, due to being able to see things from different perspective and Vergil being free from his nightmares (the summoned demons).

>YOU CAN'T EXPECT VERGIL TO ACTUALLY DEVELOP WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY
>BUT V TOTALLY DEVELOPED HIM BELIEVE ME

Go back.

Mundus is Vergil now anyway so not like it would make a difference.

>dont say it
>cant count
That was just bantz with his brother, cmon now

So why was V so young looking compared to dante and vergil?

Have you ever wondered if Vergil's goal after merging was Suicide By Cop, because Sudoku didn't work and made everything worse, so he just sat on top of the tree, preserving his image while waiting for his brother to arrive? The Nightmare trio were also part of Vergil, and they're expressing the same sentiment.
>This is a grave! Yours, or ours!
and Dante wonders
>They know they don't stand a chance... could it be they're atoning for something?
They went against Dante so Vergil could be free from the nightmares he endured under Mudus' control as Nelo Angelo.

Yes, because we don't have Yea Forums-induced brain damage.

>classical music
>not mastering the sword
>being a manipulative liar
>skateboarding
>sassing back with his demons
I guess you could say that DMC3 Vergil and V both have great lines but that's it.

>suddenly go back
No, Vergil is the one who splits them. Urizen isn't controlling shit. user, you're pulling this out of your ass. V even says that Vergil did the split because he thinks the demon's side is stronger and he's right because he achieved so much more as Urizen than he ever did as Vergil.

V crawling to Devil May Cry with his tail between his legs asking for Dante's help to fuck his demon side up for him because he screwed up on a grand scale is already as un-Vergil as you can get.

>YOU CAN'T EXPECT VERGIL TO ACTUALLY DEVELOP WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY
Not what I said. I said the change inside him has started but he's trying to keep it a secret. Quite badly, as it shines through all the time.

It's bantz but it comes across as whiny and self-entitled. It's not really funny, it just makes him look like a fag compared to
>I'll be gentle.
>So is contempt to the contemptible.
>The worm thanks the plough.
>Little wanderer.
V just has better bantz.

>Urizen isn't controlling shit
As a separate entity, he is not. user said "the Urizen part controlled him all his life", which means power autism.

>H-HE'S JUST KEEPING IT A SECRET GUISE THAT'S WHY I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT IT'S TOTALLY NOT JUST A REACHING HEADCANON
>ONLY I'M IN ON THE SECRETE TEHEEE

Itsuno, this is really getting out of hand.

Yes, the Mallet Island trio are committing suicide by cop. Vergil clearly isn't. He keeps getting mad he isn't winning, he says Dante's wins don't count, he only fights Nero because he's like 't-that counts' and all of that doesn't explain why he'd let the tree keep killing and eating people while trying to suicide by cop, when he could just end the tree and then have one final duel with Dante.

He's just a dumb whiny dick in this game and is so much worse compared to his DMC3 self.

he's a cute twink

Can't believe they wasted such a great character like V just so Vergil could be a whiney faggot for two scenes.

>He's just a dumb whiny dick in this game and is so much worse compared to his DMC3 self.
Ah, so there is development you're admitting to? You are able to perceive th cracks in his armor?

>tfw V could have been the Chaos Legion sequel we all wanted.

V can come back through whatever bullshit they want to pull anytime. His role is played out for this time around, and boy did he play it well.

honestly i'm going to get pretty pissed off if faggots start calling for some sort of roxas shit.

>character worse in every way
>still a dick
>see it's development!

You are actually starting to remind me of XV-kun.

Why doesn't V look like Vergil? Where did his physical appearance come from?

>It's called character growth
>literally does DMC3 2: Electric Boogaloo

LOL

While I agree he played his role well. His actual gameplay is more where I'm taking issue.
I'll reserve my proper judgment until someone with much more skill than myself releases a combo video detailing how to use V properly but my first thought is that he feels really half-complete but I can't really explain how outside of a feeling.

What? No, I'm saying his writing is worse and he comes across as the exact same except a more pathetic variant.

I don't get why Vergil is so popular? He's just weeb bait, he has no personality

>Chaos Legion V
FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WANTED THIS GOD DAMN IT

He's so pathetic in this he's more like DmC Vergil than the Vergil we know and love from DMC3

>Why doesn't V look like Vergil? Where did his physical appearance come from?
Same place Urizen's came from. Nowhere at all. Completely made up on the spot.

This was my hope.

Speculation is that because he is entirely human, Sparda genes do not affect his appearance.
And it would be rather troublesome if they gave him Vergil's face, cause then Dante would recognize him immediately.

He was a good antagonist/foil. That's all he was good for, his character was razor focused to be your ultimate enemy and it worked amazingly. If he'd been JUST Urizen, most of the problems with the game are fixed.

tfw Urizen's tree form is so much better than the treeless Urizen in every way. Why the fuck would they remove the tentacles, they made him look amazing?

>fujoshits are gonna shit up every DMC thread with their crying from now on
Yikes

No given reason in-game.

Real reason is that the devs wanted to hire more models. Same reason Vergil looks nothing like Dante even though they are supposed to be twins.

If you didn't waste so much time shitposting here Itsuno you could've made a better conclusion to the Sons of Sparda story

>>>/tumblr/
Fuck off already.

Go back.

To be fair he looked much older on concepts.
V is an embodiment of Vergil's human side - small, weak, damaged, fragile.

>it's fujo to say the game focuses too much on vergil
The only fujos in these threads are the Vergilfujos, this has been established.

Yeah If you actually followed the story and themes you would realize this is a valid story and not the same as other shit.

>Speculation is that because he is entirely human, Sparda genes do not affect his appearance.
If that was the case he would've become Trish.

Vergilfujos never have any real arguments, so they just resort to namecalling and repeating themselves like the autists they are.

So far, three people in this thread are Itsuno.

Attached: 48612697d2a8e1655664b8fac6fc08d7a0b42620v2_00.jpg (512x482, 29K)

>please no bully my love Vergil, please
>call the other fujos

my sides

>NO BUT YOU SEE, THIS SINGLE MICROEXPRESSION *PROVES* THAT VERGIL WAS NEVER A VILLAIN

>HE WAS JUST JOKING GUISE TRUST ME HE WAS GOING TO SAVE ALL THOSE PEOPLE EVEN IF DANTE DIDN'T SHOW UP HE TELLS ME HIS DEEPEST SECRETS

I think the Vergilfujo thinks Vergil is their tulpa

As far as I'm concerned, he died in Devil May Cry 1. Devil May Cry 3 fleshed him out a bit and made him an interesting antagonist, but Vergilfags can't move on and would literally cry if he wasn't included in this game in one way or the other.

I only played DMC1 back on PS2. I beat Dante Must Die
How different is DMC5 from DMC1 gameplay wise? Will it feel completely new?

>174posts
>42 IPs
Fujos absolutely seething. Get fucked, I'm glad we got Vergil back and your ugly emo fagvoy got killed off.

>THAT VERGIL WAS NEVER A VILLAIN
The difference between never being the guilty party and seeing reason/starting a redemption arc is quite severe.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-13h22m49s626.png (1280x720, 486K)

>Vergil somehow finds Nero
>rips his arm off, transforms it into Yamato
>says "I'm taking this back"
>WHAT? I HAVE A SON?

how did he know Nero has Yamato if he doesn't know he's his son?
why did he think he had it?

Kill yourself sooner. You are just mad that your head canon wasn’t the right one

user, that's not how genetics works. Vergil has 50% of Eva's genes, he could be just exhibiting some traits from her family that are usually overpowered by other genes in her genetic code.

Remember that DMC1 was born from a glitch that cropped up during development of a calssic Resident Evil. So yes. It's quite different. DMC was slightly less clunky than RE1-3 and DMC3 onwards is heavily focused on stylish combos and fluid movement.

If I had to guess, he probably thought "Oh cool, Dante had a kid"

They hire new models but don't bother to make one for Kyrie
I wanted to see a modern Kyrie

Attached: 08i5chilodn11.jpg (1280x656, 69K)

>next game should be about Vergil!
>aren't you happy to have seen all the aspects of Vergil's psyche?!
>IT ALL TOTALLY MAKES SENSE REEEEEE

Nah, it is not all the vergilfags, i refuse to believe a whole fandom is that dumb to believe Vergils is an actual character and not just an antagonist with a draft of a character, most of the vergilfags likes him because they liked his boss battle, here we are talking of a big dumb motivated autist.

>starting a redemption arc
>stands on the tower watching all those people die
>sits on the tree watching all those people die
>never apologises
user you have to acknowledge fault to start a redemption arc and he never has and never will. He literally spends the entire game blaming Dante for everything wrong in his life.

>BELIEVE MEE I HAVE ALL THE SECRETSS VERGIL TELLS ME AFTER HE TUCKS ME IN AT NIGHT AND POUNDS MY ASSHOLE
>HE'S SUCH A SOFT BOY JUST LIKE V TEEHEE

>>next game should be about Vergil!
Next game should obviously cover the assignment Morrison had for the girls.

Demonic items most likely emit energy that can be picked up by their respective owners.

Guess I'll buy the HD collection and Special edition and play through the series before starting 5
What system is better for the collection? PS3 or PS4? My PC is shit so not an option

The vergilfags think he's a character and love him. The rest of us acknowledge he's an amazing villain and should always be kept as such.

It's like saying WHAT IF ALBERT WESKER HAD A REDEMPTION ARC THOUGH? Every flaw with the story is erased if you just make Urizen actually Vergil and V becomes literally anything else.

Darth Vader had conflict about his son since Empire, it's literally not the same as Vergil's bullshit turn

Suicide by cop. That way you can atone and never have to apologize for your misdeeds. Locking yourself into hell comes close.

Imagine being this mad because a fan favorite character appears in a new game. Embarrassing.

So how the fuck did Vergil survive? I'm pretty sure I killed his ass in DMC1. This game didn't even bother to explain how he's alive

PS3 HD is better iirc because PS4 has the same bugs as the PC/XBawks1 release.

He was too motivated to die.

Attached: up_load_this.jpg (600x558, 42K)

>V
No, V is a badass. Vergil whines like a bitch.

Suicide by cop isn't redemption. Redemption is trying to fix your actions or reverse them, not just letting anyone kill you. Also
>locking yourself into hell with your brother so you can fight autistically forever
>redemption
That's literally what they both want, you don't understand what redemption is.

the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
"God's plans for the redemption of his world"
synonyms: saving, saving/freeing from sin, vindication, absolution
"God's redemption of his people"

a thing that saves someone from error or evil.
"his marginalization from the Hollywood jungle proved to be his redemption"

the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
"the peasants found the terms of redemption unattractive"

Back to tumblr weeb.

If V was a reincarnation of Mundus it'd be so much better, there was so much shit pointing to it.

Appearing in and being the whole story itself are not the same thing...bub

Vergilfujos can't into logic or basic storyteling

First Terra, now Vergil, who's next, Heihachi?

Wesker

Vergil doesn't even know Nero is his son and the first thing he does is try and fight and then goes out for some cigs again with Dante.

REDEEMED

you don't understand user, we need more Vergils! We don't have enough Vergils!

no I just hate his face and his homo clothes
free dlc costumes for all characters when

>The Alpha and the Omega
>VERGIL
"OH NOW I'M MAD BECAUSE HE'S THE PRIME MOVER FOR THE FIRST TIME AROUND AND NOT MANIPULATED BY ARKHAM OR CONTROLLED BY MUNDUS"

Nah RE is back into realism again, Wesker and his matrix hammy shit wouldn't fit

Never claimed it was between Nero and Vergil, otherwise the Vader parallel applies.
The conflict Vergil had was with Dante and that's concluded in a way now because Vergil has V's memories.

So what exactly was Vergils punish for his countless crimes?

>Ends game sparring with his brother and fighting demons in hell which looks to be the happiest times of their lives judging by their faces

>Meanwhile Trish and Lady are left to take over Dante's death and Nero loses his uncle and father he just now finally met for like a day
>City still in ruins over his severe power autism

literally any other theory people come up with sounds so good compared to the shitpile we actually got

I don't know how Vergil fans can even be happy with it. He's not a badass or a properly redeemed good guy so no one wins

He's a whiney faggot who only showed up for a few scenes to be the same person but worse.

He was already implied to be alive in Umbrella Corps, which is canon.

V spends basically no time with Dante and expresses resentment and dislike for him while also double crossing him.

He's not even those, Urizen and V drive the plot so somehow Vergil manages to be involved with everything but the character itself is barely connected to the plot after he replaces his far more interesting 'halves'

How would you punish him, user? Nero won't let him die and Dante can't exactly beat him anymore if the dichotomy they have going on is as it shows.
You can't imprison him either considering he can just cut his way out.

So you can't kill him and you can't imprison him. So what do you do?

>So you can't kill him and you can't imprison him. So what do you do?
Magic sealing ritual bitch.

He doesn't suffer for anything.

>Vergil manages to be involved with everything but the character itself is barely connected to the plot after he replaces his far more interesting 'halves'

Vergil literally WAS the plot. Everything was about him trying to get more power

>He's not even those, Urizen and V drive the plot so somehow Vergil manages to be involved with everything but the character itself is barely connected to the plot after he replaces his far more interesting 'halves'
So are V and Urizen now simply plot devices that amount to Vergil, or are they their own characters and more iteresting than their completed self? Make up your mind.

Nero actually trying to save Vergil was bad writing and you know it.

So this entire game was V tricking everyone just so he could be recompleted? Vergil damned the entire world just so he could fight Dante again?

And complete Vergil is stronger than his demon half now right? Why the fuck does Nero forgive him for this shit? Fuck Vergil, he just committed mass murder just for ego alone

He did that himself with Dante. So as long as they're sparring in hell, the world is safe.

So with vergil eating the apple, and Dante getting sparda's demonic powers, shouldn't they be able to whack mundo and pretty much every major player in hell and just come back to earth?

>Yamato
>inb4 you take Yamato off him
>implying he would let you have Yamato before dying
>implying Nero would let you kill Vergil.

Yes it was. No argument here.

V didn't damn the world, Urizen did. V just tried to make things right.

>So with vergil eating the apple, and Dante getting sparda's demonic powers, shouldn't they be able to whack mundo and pretty much every major player in hell and just come back to earth?
Thing is, they don't wanna yet. They've got a score to settle and always go for another round, so they never get out of draw.

>several years later
>DMC crew get tired of waiting for Dante to come back and mount a rescue mission
>they barrel into hell only to find out that it's a non-stop pizza party headed by Dante now

>the game could have ended with Dante using Sparda's sealing ritual to seal Demon King Vergil away after he's devoured Mundus and the Fruit
>instead it's just autism times in hell

>about him trying to get more power
Yeah but somehow they rob him of all agency because "i-it was urizen who did everything wrong!" "i-it was V who lied and manipulated people!"

V and Urizen are both used to give Vergil excuses for his actions but are both more interesting than he is in the game. It's annoying because both are essentially plot devices considering their overall impact on the story but they're still actually better than the character they are sacrificed for; Urizen ultimately just kills a bunch of people and takes in power for Vergil, V kills a bunch of demons and takes in power for Vergil.

Basically yes. Except, Complete Vergil is stronger because V shoved his demon absorbing cane into him giving him all of the blood/power the demons V had absorbed with his cane had taken in.

V could've made things right by letting himself die and letting them kill Urizen, Instead he tricked Dante so he could reform into Vergil

>Nero won't let him die
He didn't killed him for Nico and Lady, but he stopped the fight because he didn't want to risk losing Dante (not a true risk, he would have won again but Nero couldn't know this)

I just finished the game and I am disappointed, flat out.
>Gameplay is great, not sure about SIN DT or the Faust hat
>Bosses are all good/fun to fight except for Gilgamesh
>V is actually neat to play, which surprised me because I was quite worried
>Game feels short (10 hours on devil hunter for completion, with a few restarts because of crashes), pacing is messy and it gets real bad halfway through

>Story is absolute garbage, considerably worse than 4.
>Both the execution of the story is obvious, treated with very little significance and the planning of the story seems just cobbled together with no moments that actually seem to work
Shit like Dante suddenly deciding that stabbing himself with Rebellion will make him stronger, and it working is the dumbest fucking shit I can imagine. A character is supposed to grow stronger because he is more determined, grows as a personality or near death setting the stakes higher, this absolutely fails at that. Before release we speculated that Trish dying would make Dante relive his mother's death and make him lose his shit, which is considerably more intelligent than what happened
>V and Urizen both being Vergil is treated with minimal significance, Nero is just reasonably pissed at his arm getting ripped off, Dante is merely frustrated and wants to murder his brother.
>Vergil has zero motivation to actually fight Dante once he turns to normal, other than fanservice. "We gotta fight."
>V was actually a fun, likeable character and should have been a newcomer rather than a one-off throwaway jester costume.

>Artstyle is mixed, some environments looked neat, but the industrial, bleak and the one-color hell parts are underwhelming, generally not a fan
>Character faces are fucked, Trish, Lady, Eva with her eye asymmetry and Vergil
>Nero's DT looks pretty damn bad in this

Every major player in hell is going to start pestering them whether they want it or not if they keep racking up collateral damage like that.

Dante could have already done this in 4 so yes, the game has literally changed nothing since they were already each strong enough to completely deepdick the Underworld.

Mundas poses no threat anymore, Dante could have gone to hell and solo'd him at any point but why bother? Now him and Vergil are more interested in fucking around and having dick measuring contests

What shouid of happened is that V was a mundus vessel, aka mundus lending a human half of his power due to misinterpreting Sparda & Dante’s last words to him before getting fucked up, which was embracing himsnity unlocks true power. Mundus would be the type of demon to complelely take that message and assume that means to use a human for his personal gain for power. That way when Mundus is done with him, he still is a character in the end, and Vergil could of been snapped into learning about humanity through Nero interactions via Urizen. Then all 4 of them team up to best Mundus due to all of them showing what true embracing humanity is all about. Instead they went this route.

Are you retarded? Don't answer that, I already know.

The entire reason some people are pissed off is because V and Urizen are both more interesting than Vergil and that's why it's so disappointing that they were just used as plot devices for Vergilwank instead of giving proper and satisfactory payoffs they deserved.

>Vergil has zero motivation to actually fight Dante once he turns to normal
Other than that being his entire motivation from the start?

Could Urizen actually be killed, since he is so powerful? Even Mundus is still alive and chillin in Hell.

How the FUCK is Urizen interesting? He's literally just Vergil's power autism dialed up to 11.

I like most of the Nero DT but the hair ruins it for me. The arms are cool, the devil bringers are cool and his torso/legs are alright.

Vergil needs time to process his experiences as V and change as a person.

Actually in the novel, it states that Mundus is still in hell gathering power. The tree could of easily buffed his power exponentially, thus speeding up the process of his ressurection due to eating the source of the tree, which is in the bottom of hell.

Yes, Dante was literally about to kill him before V tricked him with "No, let me do it"

His dialogue. His design. His fighting style. The fact he's an actually intimidating demon. The fact he seems to be a demon supremacist.

>Dante suddenly deciding that stabbing himself with Rebellion will make him stronger, and it working is the dumbest fucking shit I can imagine
Not sure where the issue is there. Yamato is the sword that splits the Demon and Humans so Rebellion is the one that unites them.
Dante did think about this theory without proof but ultimately his hypothesis was right and given it's just a minor sword stab, he wouldn't have lost much if he was wrong.

Easily since Sin Dante absolutely destroys him

Those demons ganged up on them when they were occupied with nobody but themselves, it's their fault to repeatedly assault the Sons of Sparda.
Dante doesn't know Vergil's alive in 4 and Vergil is still trying to free himself of the corruption.

But their whole existence is so you get a deeper insight into the other Sparda brother and both of their backstories. Separating them from him makes Urizen cookie cutter villain #213124 and V poetry quoting emo boi with magic animals.

If Vergil was JUST Urizen then trying to redeem him would be even more fucking stupid.

So Vergil is a real boy now. I'm happy for him.

This is headcanon. There's nothing to suggest this is true, he doesn't even remember most of being V.

Doesn't change the fact Dante could already easily kill Mundus and cleanse the demon world in 4, never mind in 5.

>The fact he seems to be a demon supremacist.
Literally every demon that isn't part of the main cast is a demon supremacist.

In 3 they fight out of sibling rivalry, in 1 they fight because Vergil is Mundus' bitch and mind controlled or something of the sort.

Vergil splits himself because he is dying and he also can obtain more power.
He obviously doesn't have to kill Dante, unless Vergil has a massively insecure ego and can only live if he is retarded evil and has to kill Dante to prove it once and for. Which isn't established and later Vergil is cool just skirmishing with Dante forever

>V recognises his failures
That's what he says to people but if that was true he wouldn't have gathered all of those demons to use them to fuel Vergil/Urizen.

How? Vergil in the story didn’t even know that Nero was his son until Dante told him. All you had to do was make Dante reveal to Urizen that he had a son, Neto fights and beats the shit out of him, pulls out Yamato via explaining his DT unlocks can remove weapons from demons, and there you go. Easy as fuck.

Poetry quoting emo boy and villain number 21 were more interesting and better than Vergil.

>fucked.
>The payoff is Vergil returning in full glory after being absent or diminished, timeline-wise, since DMC1 and the brothers being able to settle their grudge once and for all.
But its literally just DMC3 again. Vergil raises a big tower for power and kills a shitload of humans. Then at the end he goes to hell (this time with Dante). So much of this game feels like its just taking stuff from 3 and doing it again rather than being its own thing, and once again they gloss over that Vergil causes millions to die.

It is a fucking retarded idea, has zero impact on anything, Dante's character doesn't develop and it just looks fucking retarded

>he doesn't even remember most of being V.
>Thank you, Nero.

If he wasn't changed he'd immediately split himself again.

It’s Gloria all over again

They weren't actively genociding the human race because they were inferior; Mundus wanted to rule them, Arkham wanted to rule them and the Order of the Sword wanted to trick humans into ruling them. Urizen meanwhile seemed actually disgusted with/by humans and that the tree was serving dual purposes of cleansing all humans and making him a god.

Why does Yea Forums rides V's dick so hard? Are we really this infested with fujos?

Because letting the big bad demon man who killed thousands upon thousands for muh power just walk away and be a family man is idiotic. It was already stupid as is in the current plot where complete Vergil was only half big bad demon man.

>That's what he says to people but if that was true he wouldn't have gathered all of those demons to use them to fuel Vergil/Urizen.
He fuels himself so he can fuse back into Urizen and thus turn into a Vergil that can be reasoned with. If he didn't he'd die and Urizen would live until Dante kills him. He's also mopping up the mess his other half has made.

Yes and? It's literally just there to give Dante a power-up so that he can go back and fuck shit up. No-one said it was masterful writing. Just that it made sense within the context of which Dante explained his theory when he went to try it.

Verigl is a whiny faggot now.

Only worse since Gloria was merely a disguise that can easily come back whenever she wants to. It’s why they should of went the Mundus route. That way you could keep V around after the big bad finally dies.

No, because he split himself for strength and by the time he recombines, he's stronger so there's no reason to.

>thank you nero for helping me become strong enough to autistically fight my brother

>literally states how much he still is butthurt over Dante kicking his ass yet again before stabbing himself
>uh no, he didn't care for Dante at all!

V is basically a Kingdom Hearts character

>That way you could keep V around
Why would you want that? He's shit and I'm glad he's dead. Hopefully next game will focus on Vergil even more.

Who said he’d walk away from that? Him finally bonding with Nero + atoning for his sins would be great and him dying in the game after fighting with everyone would of closed the chapter in his story. That he finally learned how to embrace humanity from his own son, work with him for the final battle, then die due to the effects of Urizen being too much for him.

He's not mopping up anything, if he hadn't stabbed Urizen, he'd die and the tree would fail. Instead he fuses with himself, gets stronger and Vergil still keeps the tree growing while watching it destroy the world.

>why does Yea Forums like an interesting character?
>why aren't they praising my horribly written husbando or this garbage heap of a story?

Go back Vergifujo

No, its awful writing. Its fine if they want to give Dante a powerup, but the execution is awful and if you think that is passable then you just don't have any standards.

>Vergil is so mad at Dante that he wants to kill him
>Is fine with Dante after Nero kicks his ass, no questions asked
The writing in this is plain awful no matter how you look at it

>he's shit
>great dialogue
>completely different design to the others
>amazing taunts
>great fighting style
seething vergilfujo

Won't happen, Dante and Vergil's story is concluded. Devil May Cry 6 will have Nero as the main protagonist, V might even come back since he seems to be becoming a fan favorite :^)

>DMC 6
>Itsuno just repeats the formula by introducing a new white-haired teenager with attitude of mysterious origins who gets dragged into an incident by Uncle Vergil

t. braindead Vergilfujo

Nigga, we ain't talking about standards. We're talking about whether or not something makes sense. It makes sense, if you couldn't understand what Dante was putting down in that scene then you're retarded.

lol Yea Forums broke the vergilfag

>fujos
>hating V
You people are dumb

I clearly understand it you retard, I am criticizing for how badly it is executed, how they could have developed Dante as a character or done anything else that isn't fucking retarded you dumb fucking nigger

Yeah this would of made way much more sense. You get the final big bad who returns from 1, while giving him a power up since the tree showed how much power it could give demons, and Vergil learning humanity from his son who pretty much is carrying the sparda legacy on his back without thinking a lot about it, something he’s been wanting for years, would of made a better story than Vergil splits himself into 2 to heal himself. How did splitting himself even GET him back to full recovery?

Dante's story was concluded in 1, putting his brother to rest and defeating Mundus and getting all weird and Oedipal with Trish.

But then they brought back Vergil anyways.

>Yea Forums now hates Vergil
I guess we're really are being invaded by resetera

t. never saw novelDante

i guess you are running out of buzzwords, vergilcuck

I like Vergil, just not DMCV's terrible take on him.

t. dumb Vergilfujo

Agreed, and that last question actually does make me think & pisses me off too. How exactly does splitting yourself due to being a walking zombie completely cute you of corruption? Shouldn’t it have brought him back to the same state he was in before the split? Unless the fruit somehow cured Vergil of his corruption when Urizen ate it, which means Vergil is still a dick fur killing thousands just to cure himself

But I like both V and Nero more than Vergil

Attached: 1544300855487.jpg (900x900, 92K)

I'm never fucking trusting Capcom to write a good DMC ever again.

Everyone is just going to be shit or Vergil in the end.

>"i shouldn't be called out for my unyielding homesexual love for Vergil"

kek

So you're entire complaint is that his power-up sequence didn't develop his character in any way?
Come now shit-for-brains, Dante's character didn't develop once over the course of the game. Why would it change during some shit writing sequence where they realized they made Urizen too strong so they have to pull a powerup out of their ass?

Ultimately neither of us actually disagree on the point of "it was poorly executed". Our only real disagreement is on whether Sparda giving Dante the Anti-Yamato is a retarded idea or not.

People hate DMCV Vergil, learn the difference dumb fujo.

>ending where Dante kills Vergil and leads humanity on a genocide crusade against demonkind
>ending where Vergil kills Dante and just fucks off somewhere being all broody and shit, but later get a his shit together and takes up after Sparda, properly this time
>ending where they become the One Son they were meant to be and ???
>ending where they kill each other and Nero takes up their mantle
Would you buy all this dlc?
C'MON CAPCOM I'M GIVING YOU GOLD HERE!

I wanted a heartfelt family reunion, some drama with stakes and an ending.
Maybe some hard earned redemption on Vergil's part, since I actually like Vergil a lot, but nobody really cares much that he is back.

>Dante's character didn't develop once over the course of the game
Yeah, because the writing is shit and its written by a retard. He should have cared that his brother is back from the dead, been disturbed by it or seen is as an opportunity to fix things.
We got nothing, just fighting for fanservice.

>Rebellion being the anti-Yamato
Yeah, pretty damn retarded, the concept is stupid and you could have done something with at least minor emotional impact instead of fucking nothing

The first one has an issue with the fact that Dante doesn't hate demons for their specie, he just fights the ones that cause trouble. Or characters like Trish and Brad would have had their heads on a pike long time ago.

Fuck I wish this happened. Mundus coming back would of made way more sense than Vergil turning into 2 people over his anger to not beat Dante. You could of easily had V study Mundus via the book, and learn to communicate with him. That way we get thoughts of how Mundus feels about humans via lies, while V Is his own character having to decide if Mundus is telling the truth or not. And Vergil being too far gone via Urizen until Nero snaps him out of it like you said.

But Dante doesn't need to develop as a character. He's pretty much finished. It's a sign of bad writing to force a character to develop further once they're done.
Nero and V are the ones who should by all rights be getting the development. Whether you think they got it or not is a different story.

The problem with execution is partly in the fact that this is Nero's game. Dante and Vergil had to fight so that Nero can punch reason into them, to heal his own regrets over losing Credo.

>ending where Dante and Vergil use fusion dance in order to defeat resurrected Mundus

Attached: 1515771491120.png (144x140, 28K)

I thought that was implied since I didn't say extermination/annihilation.

Because this exactly what they both wanted in the first place. If they had been in together in the first place after 3, they would have BTFO Mundas. Vergil might have been redeemed right then and there. Dante had to stay and protect earth but now Nero is strong enough to do it himself.

Dante after decades of the big sad gets to finally spend the rest of his days going full Doom Guy in hell with his bro. This is the best possible ending for Dante and Vergil. Dante No Way Fagged everyone because all he wanted was his brother back. Vergil was evil because he didn't have to the power to do anything as a child, but now he has Dante to help him, and the human understanding that it's okay that he needs Dante to rule the underworld. All our feely theories for Dante became canon.

We got the best timeline for best boy and you fucks wanna cry about Mundas not being in the game. Who the FUCK gives a shit about Mundas brah.

Attached: ce3669c63e361363cb0c66fff706aa68--quiver-fresh-memes.jpg (720x705, 64K)

Considering DMCV takes a lot from DBZ, fuck it, why not? We have the Tree of Might, Goku & Vegeta, and Nero now Future Trunks/Teen Gohan, only more competent and small. Might as well bring back Mundus as Frieza

It says genocide, what do you think that means?

AHAHAHAHA V FAGS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BTFO

Having some sort of emotional response is better than absolutely fucking nothing.
Why wouldn't Dante care that Vergil is back? Positive or negative, but he just goes "I gotta kill this fucker again, such a pain in the ass."
That is just plain fucking terrible, and Dante wants to murder him when he all he'd have to do to make Vergil not be able to fuck up things more is to take away Yamato.

>Nero can punch reason into them, to heal his own regrets over losing Credo.
I know that is what Nero said, but that was awfully forced, came out of nowhere and didn't work for me in the slightest.
If they're gonna send off Dante and Vergil, might as well do it properly than with a non-ending and an emotionless confrontation whose sole reason is "we have to do this now."

Then answer this. How did refusing with Urizen heal Vergil of all corruption if splitting himself when he was corrupted was the issue? He should of been back to being corrupted if that’s the case

>You could of easily had V study Mundus via the book, and learn to communicate with him. That way we get thoughts of how Mundus feels about humans via lies, while V Is his own character having to decide if Mundus is telling the truth or not

every idea people come up with just sounds kino i'm trying to understand how they fucked this up so badly it really shouldn't be hard to do these simple things.

Urizen ate the fruit and V has been collecting demon energy or something, this is probably the reason why.

Tripfags always have the worst opinions, I swear

>"I gotta kill this fucker again, such a pain in the ass."

That's actually pretty accurate to what has to happen. Urizen is being a huge faggot and killing people so Dante has to kill him. No need to be emotional about it, it's not like he hasn't done it before and dealt with the emotional fallout.

>take away Yamato.
>implying that would stop Vergil.

There is a reason why Murder is the right option here. Vergil doesn't stop unless you stop him. Technically speaking Nero didn't even stop him either, Vergil chose to give up so that he could go to the underworld with Dante and fuck demons up.

Genocide
>the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
>deliberate destruction of a political, ethnic or cultural group
>mass killing
A large portion, doesn't say the whole enchilada. Obviously I meant only the bad ones/ones who want to do humanity harm, but brainlets live to nitpick and pick fights over nothing.

>le my emo goth bf got killed off for an edgy chad crypost

With how they handled familiars in this game, I wish they went with this idea.

>i'm trying to understand how they fucked this up so badly
Bingo wrote the story, this is how.

Yeah I don’t get how they fucked up either. Shit is so simple, and that idea closes up the sparda chapter completely, while giving Nero, Nico, & V the roles for the future games.

Read your own post again user, you literally said he would be leading humans to kill demons for being demons, not for being evil.

I'm honestly really sad because the first part of the game was really good.

So disappointing. At least the gameplay is good.

Does the game have dynamic difficulty? I'm having trouble with a particular boss and I'd really hate to see "babby mode engaged" at the result screen if I use too many continues.

Killing Urizen I absolutely and fully understand, but once Vergil is restored to normal?
Vergil isn't full megaevil, the guy is an asshole, but even he can and should be reasoned with. And he is later when Nero beats him and he upholds the bargain not to try and flat out murder Dante.

Vergil should at least somewhat care that he ripped his own son arm out, if not get called out by either Nero or Dante.

But apparently everything had to happen like that, with the characters treating it like chore that had to be done only to be okay at the end when Nero beats Vergil.

Its retarded and there is zero thought put into this

That would mean that thousands had to die, just for Vergil to live and completely heal himself. Which actually happened in the game, but nobody calls out Vergil on this

That implies this is my first Devil May Cry and don't understand Dante's stance on demons, but since I had to explain, clearly that is your assumption and I'm out cause I'm not dumb enough to argue on the internet.

>Vergil should at least somewhat care that he ripped his own son arm out, if not get called out by either Nero or Dante.
Nero flipped him off during their fight with the arm he regrew when his DT activated, I'm saying that counts.

you heard the man

Attached: fa3ac200a1cd2b0e3b13a2c77c4f1e9c.png (650x552, 801K)

Lmao I remember predicting how much autistic fujos will seethe because V turned out to be an empty husk. Guess I was right. Get fucked.

Because one half of Vergil started it and the other half of him worked to stop it. And Vergil finished it himself before exiling himself to hell with his brother.

I have a feeling he was really supposed to be Mundus's proxy but that was scrapped. I hope datamines show this.

Yeah, but you are a complete retard, so fuck you

While you're out, study what was genocide throughout history and why it's a crime.

IT'S FUCKING MAGIC

Vergil let thousands die to the demon tree,while he sat around brooding on top...he is a mega evil asshole

Cope

>All these posts saying V could be his own character
Oh shut up if people weren't saying he was Vergil then they were saying he was Mundus, stop acting everyone didn't expect him to be another character in disguise

Then how come V looks nothing like Vergil?

V detected Sparda just fine, and he's just Vergil with almost no demon energy left. Vergil would've detected his own sword just fine.

>stop acting everyone didn't expect him to be another character in disguise
Nobody is acting this way. People wouodnof accepted V as a Mundus vessel more because that means Mundus could come back. Did you completely forget about Trish in DMC1? This anons idea pretty much sums it upIt’s so simple yet they didn’t go with it.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-08 14.31.41.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

There's a difference between people theorizing about his identity because the marketing makes a big deal about it and actually thinking the character acts exactly like another.

V acts, plays and looks nothing like Vergil, so yes he could be his own fucking character.

Vergilfujos have brain damage they can't even comprehend simple shit I swear.

Wouldn't this just make him more corrupt?

Keep seething Vfujo.

>V acts, plays and looks nothing like Vergil, so yes he could be his own fucking character.
And yet nobody actually thought he was, look at this thread everyone just wishes he was Mundus instead

So Vs familias in the novel is Vergil’s nightmares of him being as Nelo Angelo. If that’s the case, as much as I love Griffon back, why is he involved? Nelo & Griffon have never once interacted at all in the history of DMC lore, not even in the manga or novels. Shadowcat I understand. Nightmare I understand. Griffon doesn’t make sense and acts completely different.

>Dante was a backup in case Vergil died.

From what i remember, corruption was result of Vergil taking too much beating. A power up in form of fruit+demon energy would be something like a giant green orb.

Not him, but there’s a difference betweeen being a vessel, and being Mundus, and most people wished he was a vessel of sorts. A human who studied demonds via books, and came across Mundus, to communicate with demons. That’s a huge difference. Plus the familiars don’t make sense for it to be Vergil given that Griffon acts completely different and never interacted with him during his time as Nelo Angelo.

In DMC1 it was stated that corruption happened because Vergil was defeated by Mundus. This was also shown in 3 as the secret ending.

If Dante can recognize Urizen as Vergil from the prologue, why didn't he figure out V was Vergil?

How is Griffon any way different from Shadow and Nightmare? I don't recall Nelo Angelo going around to chat with his fellow demons, he was quite silent in fact.
Besides, they just probably needed a flying demon, and Griffon is quite popular due to his death scene.

>people not knowing since the beggining V would be Vergil
>treating this shit like it's Shakespeare
He fucking switched his name to Gilver the first time around. Do you honestly think that was clever? Just enjoy the action you dumdums.

I think it has something to do with how Dante automatically DTed at the same time as Nero's first time, it's a family connection through demonic energy. V as a human would go under radar.

In DMC1, Nelo Angelo shows up the 1st time with Shadow Cats as a test. Nightmare is related to Nelo Angelo due to when you fight him in the 3rd phase, if Nightmare swallows you up, you fight Nelo Angelo again. Griffon and Nelo never had any interaction whatsoever, which is why it’s confusing since the novel explicitly states that Vergil makes Griffon and others as familiars because of his nightmares as Nelo Angelo in DMC1

>He fucking switched his name to Gilver the first time around.

That was changed in the recently novel. Turns out that Gilver wasn’t him at all, but a clone made by Mundus as a test to fuck with Dante + to find another right hand demon.

Then it's probably just cause of Griffon himself being a better choice among the available demons. They had to think of gameplay first.

He recognizes Urizen because he beat Lady and Trish. V didn't beat anyone. Also Urizen goes on about power, V doesn't. It's not some subconscious "demons can smell other demons" shit, Urizen is 110% the personaliry Vergil normally expresses and Dante is going by that, whiel V is everything Vergil likes to keep hidden.

Yeah but people are saying he's curing demonic corruption with demonic power. That's like curing an OD by taking more drugs.

>Mission 5
>only found one secret mission so far
Have I missed any?

Attached: aguqh4th6j721.png (500x750, 484K)

But he also is fine after Nero beats him with Nero's terms, and Nero clearly thinks they're going to be okay somehow.
Its inconsistent writing

By called out I meant an actual argument that stung and made Vergil pause, rather than just an offhand mocking comment, but touche

Pretty much yeah. Like I said I don’t mind that at all since I like Griffon, but man that doesn’t make sense story wise.

>everything he likes to keep hidden
Headcanon, literally nothing says that. Power autist listening to opera + poetry came out of nowhere as does him being a manipulative prgamatic motherfucker.
>the guy who charged mundus running away from gil

What novel?

You don't think "You still don't have enough POWAH" ruffles Vergils feathers?

The novel actually has V feeling guilty about the situation and states that the reason he stuck around Redgrave for a month was to save people.

I don't think he even responds to that, and its not about taunting him but forcing some introspection

Got you chief
twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1102674074453594112

How the fuck do I buy a song pack without buying the whole upgrade? Steam btw

>mission 13
cool

Introspection can sting too. That's why we have therapists.

Thanks.

And conveniently gathering demons to use to fuel Urizen/Vergil. If he didn't want to gain more power and fuck over Dante, he'd have let one of the other two kill Urizen.

That being said, V is acting mostly out of self preservation here, not malice. Helping people in Redgrave suited him and was the morally correct thing to do.

That confused me
>Nico asked how it felt saving the man who killed his father once
>the same father that completely abandoned him and only came back 25 years later to chop his arm off
>nevermind it obviously didn't stick in the first place
>Nero actually has to think about this

this was always what the story was about.

He was interesting and wouldn’t mind see in him again, but i wouldn’t call it the best or most interesting character

>The chapter opens with Nico meeting Kyrie for the first time. As Agnus amassed a lot of research documents, Nico must stay for a little while in Fortuna with Nero and Kyrie.

>Nico doesn’t really consider people to be beautiful, she thinks well-made guns and swords are beautiful. However, she believes that Kyrie is so beautiful that it’s a rare sight. The way that Kyrie looks at Nico reminds her of her mother Alyssa who died when she was very young.
Kyrie asks if it’s okay to call her Nico. Nico immediately nods and says “You can call me whatever you want! ‘Nico’, ‘Nicoletta’, even ‘Bitch’!”. In response, Nero stomps on her foot under the table, points at her and yells “Hey! Don’t use dirty words in front of Kyrie!”.

>Nico heard that Kyrie was Nero’s girlfriend, but she couldn’t imagine just how special Kyrie was to Nero. Nico apologises to Kyrie for her foul mouth and says that her father is to blame; Nero lets out a small sigh. Kyrie smiles at them like she’s watching two children bicker, which puts Nico at ease.

>Kyrie invites Nico to eat with them as there’s plenty to go around. Kyrie asks Nico if there’s any food that she doesn’t like and Nico responds with, “If you cooked a tyre then I’d eat it!”, making Kyrie laugh.

>When Kyrie goes to the kitchen, Nico tries to get a rise from Nero by saying “Lovely woman, she’s too good for you”. Instead of a snarky rebuttal, Nero says “Yeah, I think so too”.

Well shit Nico

He is the best character in 5 because simply everyone else is awfully written or does retarded shit.
V is the only one that seems to give an actual shit, have stakes and an end.

Yeah and with that his entire game play design is gone forever too. So it really fucking sucks.

The book at the end needs to contain a summoning ritual to bring his character back or something along with new familiars since his are gone now as well.

V deserved better and was basically shafted for the fan favorite villain everyone keeps forgiving and sucking off.

Attached: V transforms.jpg (715x1200, 84K)

>since they were already each strong enough to completely deepdick the Underworld.
Is that why Vergil was turning into spare parts?

Did anyone else have an audio bug on Steam where voices were muted? I didn’t get a chance to play last night, because I didn’t want to ruin the experience.

I am more disappointed in the fact that half of the fights in this game use some kind of shitty ambiance battle theme, instead of the character themes (which are really fucking good because they're dynamic).

What the fuck were they thinking?

They ruined Cerebus theme, which is so retarded since the intro cutscene actually REMIXES Suffer, yet that’s completely scrapped when the battle begins. At least Psycho Siren remix is great

I would. By a landslide.

The bullshit they came up with to explain how Vergil survived still doesn't make sense considering how much time passed between DMC1 and DMC5.

So Nelo Angelo didn't actually die, he just noped the fuck out.

And then what the fuck happened? What was he up to throughout all these fucking years? Why wasn't he trying to look for Yamato earlier?

I mean he still ripped Nero's arm off with ease, a guy who killed the Saviour so yeah, I'd give him a decent shot at killing and devouring weakened Mundus.

The boss themes are nice, I just wish they'd leaned more into the rock side of DMC and used songs similar to Lock n Load, Ultra Violet. The new OST is good overall but less wubbing, please. I can't take the final boss seriously, I keep getting DmC flashbacks.

So canonically nero is the strongest being alive?

HEAVEN ON A LANDSLIDE?

>Vergil goes I NEED MORE POWER
>this is treated as a bad thing
>Nero goes I NEED MORE POWER
>this is treated as a good thing
???

Vergil lost sight of the reason why he wanted Power, nowadays he just wants it for the sake of it
Nero wants power to protect his family.

kek

I’m disapointed the game didn’t confirm weather Kyrie was pregnant or not

To be fair, he didn't know Vergil was his father until this game, and not even the point where this discussion happened.

So I have the physical deluxe edition, I redeemed the codes

>no devil breakers avaible apart from gerbera
>no 100,000

Do these unlock at a certain point or was it a mistake booting a 1.00 game rather than updating to 1.04?

Buy the dlc to find out

They unlock after mission 1 IIRC

Hey how do I complete the secret mission where I need to stay in the air 15 seconds? I can barely get ten when I double jump and spam cavaliers triangle attack

Well I'm in the customize menu and I'm basically staring at mission 2, I have the skins, but nothing else, I even deleted my original save (backed up just incase) but so far the game told me I unlocked skins music but nothing else

Why dont you just update the game?

Learn to enemy step

>Nero wants power to protect his family.
RIP Credo nigger
at least he still has Kyrie

my net is slow and got impatient

We Kingdom Hearts now boys?

try cheat engine

console pleb

Not only that, but parts of Vergil (V and Urizen) a lot more intersting than Vergil himself in this game

Attached: DontForgetTheDifference.jpg (1000x740, 415K)

I guarantee you they will confirm that in a DLC or by a comment by Itsuno during a Q&A

I'm glad I haven't bought this game. Time to replay DMC3 I guess

i totally forgot about that part...alpha and omega my ass

This vergil shitposting is like 90% ironic, right? I get the complaints about V and maybe Urizen being wiped out entirely, but not that we whining about vergil himself. It’s not that guy insisting he wasn’t in the game samefagging, right

Everyone wants a piece of Kyrie’s ass, no wonder Nero protects her like a caveman protect his fire

He is here at the beginning, he is here at the end.
He is both in DMC3, the chronologically first part, as well as DMC1, the actual first part, and this concludes his story, so it fits.
And he also split himself into one grievously strong and one pitiously weak half, so he is also an Alpha and an Omega combined.

>starring: myself
What

Kyrie is too pure. I bet if Vergil met her, he’d instantly be taken aback and just be humbled by her.

Dude lost his arm, the one who helped him the most in that shitstorm in fortuna/DMC4/also his uncle and watch a city of people died as well as fucking yamato. A weapon so busted even an 8 year old was kicking demon ass with it.

Thankfully Nero still had Kyrie and hilariously enough Nico to keep him going.

So.. basically underneath all the MUH POWER Autism, Vergil is as big a fucking weirdo dork as Dante?

Also they changed Vergil motivation from "i need more power because my mother died and without power i cannot protect anything" to "i need defeat Dante!! Boohoo". Vergil shouldnt give a shit about defeating Dante what the fuck.

Hey guys, is it normal that Devil Trigger doesn't play on Mission 7 and 8 or is something wrong with my game? I have the track equipped.

Attached: dantehmm.jpg (592x555, 60K)

Did your mind actually break Vergilfujo?

That’s not exactly news

Yes but in a different manner. More focus in poetry and classical music.

Dunno what his favorite food or drinks are however.

You know it kinda sucks that V/Vergil never did get a sick ass ride like Nero rocket arm punch or Dante Motorbike.

I kinda wish said time horse was resurrected as Vergil Mount or something.

This take on Vergil is as bad as the DmC take was. He's somehow not the villain after being the sole reason for the death of thousands of innocent people just because he wanted a rematch with Dante. I don't know why Vergilfags are defending him in this game, he comes off as a complete pussy and the ultimate king of jobbers.

Center stage, user. Be sure to make it a SSStellar performance.

No, I’m watching the unique poster count stay exactly the same while stupid shit is repeated

>This is not Vergil
most people change a little between their early twenties and their 40s user. Not to mention this is Virgil right after his demon side got beat up, and his human side has had a revelation about the consequences quest for power.
Not to mention, between DMC3 and 5 there was that whole period where he was all fucked up by Mundus, which would have had a pretty big effect on his psyche (see: the thing Griffon says about the "end of Vergil's nightmares").

Attached: neloangelo.jpg (500x768, 50K)

I'm disappointed that he is not Demi-fiend. Also something about their relationship and being split devils of sorts kinda rings a bell...

Attached: 13568622358.png (1032x735, 608K)

This. I'm huge Vergilfag but they fucked up his character so bad it hurts.

Basically he split himself between his demon and human half and unfortunately usually demons are assholes without human hearts.

His human side saw this and wanted to kill Urizen and recombined with himself (basically killing himself without the extra demonic power or demon fruit) cause dying is better than what he was going to get.

At this point Vergil is like (well shit all those people died. Oh well, Might as well get this battle with dante done with so that I can cut down the tree and be done with it.)

honestly with Yamato, dante and vergil didn't HAVE to be inside hell to seal the portal.

Vergil just wanted to have some sort of punishment for what he did and DANTE wasn't' going to let his bro go to hell alone again.

DMC1 happened because of that.

That's just logic trying to work it's way into your delusional fujo brain but you refusing to accept reality that your husbado is fucking shit in this game.

Why didn't they use Nelo or Vergil's DT in Urizen's design at all? Why didn't they use Nelo or Urizen in Vergil's DT design at all? Why do none of these characters draw off each others imagery?

They could have made the Vergil DT head crest mix with Nelo's horns and rip out of the branch crown.

Vergil still has the power from the fruit/the demons in the cane, it's how he's able to enter Sin DT.

When will DMC ever get a good story again? DMC3 was the only one, and even that is mostly "okay"

Make sure to buy 15 copies of DMC5 in order to get a good story again. This will go a long way to funding the story writers.

Attached: shall never preorder.jpg (1200x1331, 486K)

>PPPreorder

So the time line is 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 5 right

Correct. The novel even states this and explains why Dante was so down in 2

It's Kingdom Hearts 3 all over again
DMCV is shit, fuck crapcom

I don't see how you could improve DMC3's story. The first half of 5 is great, you could fix every problem if they actually had the balls to make Vergil the out and out villain and V someone else.

Why was he so down?

He told Matier that he was depressed about killing Vergil in 1. And that’s why he wasn’t himself in 2

I'm disappointed because his playstyle is shit.

SALE NUMBERS WHEN???????

Attached: 10 MILLION SALES.png (694x336, 66K)

>game comes out
>"everyone" hates it and complains about it
Never change Yea Forums

What cheers him up again after 2? Finding Vergil's son?

>Go to GameXplain review
>Find lots of "muh bayo"
>DmCfags seething over a joke
>Bitching about them reviewing a non nintendo game
Why is nincels so fucking gay?

Attached: 1551738193281.png (703x742, 400K)

Cause he was in the worst dmc game ever

Pay attention to unique posters, post times, image IDs, and syntax, you’ll notice a pattern

Correct and Matier telling him that he needed to do what he had to do to protect the world. The novel also explained how Dante got out of hell

Good thing they'll never get DMC5, since there's no way Dragon's Dogma is gonna sell on the Switch.

Attached: Capture.png (568x373, 514K)

kek
V fags vs Vergil fags

Attached: kek.jpg (293x291, 27K)

does the lava spider come back

The game is pretty cool, the story is a letdown

I hope we get to see Crewcut again

Y'all V fags are stupid, they literally brought nero's arm out of nowhere without making sense
Bringing V back along with Vergil's existence can easily happen in dmc verse, with some magic bs

No. Phantom doesn’t come back in any way which is bullshit

Why the only fight with Vergil that has music with vocals is the brazilian leak one? Does someone has the theme with the vocals? I can only find the instrumental version

Attached: 1551904443857.png (475x709, 530K)

>they literally brought nero's arm out of nowhere without making sense
What? The final battle explains this easily.

The DMC4 art book, which states how Nero lost his arm, Berial being Mundus son, and Vergil being Nero’s father, explain all of this. If you’re talking about DMCV though, that’s due to him unlocking his true DT thanks to Kyrie and his motivation at full peak

damn that was always my favorite parts in the sequels.

"THATS RIGHT BITCH I'M BACK DON"T WORRY ABOUT AN EXPLANATION LETS FIGHT!"

In the end, he betrayed Dante and Nero because Vergil's gotta Vergil. What a scamp.

>library
>all this L O R E
what's the big deal
I always had the impression that the story in these games were just backdrop for the gameplay

Same here man. I wanted phantom to show up during Cerebus and team up with him, or have him show up out of nowhere and say fuck everything, throw down Dante!

I remember one interview with Okabe several months ago said that they changed Nero's face quite a bit to look like Vergil. Was Okabe secretly spoiling/foreshadowing Vergil's look in DMC5? I remember when he said that, people were quick to post comparison pics between Nero in 5 and Vergil's renders from DMC3 and 4 because that's what they assumed he meant. And it is right, there are some similarities between Vergil's face in previous games and Nero now. But Vergil and Nero look a lot more alike in DMC5, at times Nero looks more like him than Karlo Baker, his own face model. Has it been confirmed that Vergil hasn't aged since like DMC1? Cause to me if that was the case it feels like they're trying to express that Nero is supposed to look more like Dante and Vergil did when they were around his age back then.

Attached: 1528690122277.png (731x560, 677K)

It is, but lore is nice. That's why it's in the library instead of making you sit through enormous infodumps.

Phantom never came back in the sequels though?

I think he's talking about DMC2, but wasn't that in Bloody Palace only?

Does Vergil ever acknowledge Nero being his kid?

yeah but the other games never really had this much background stuff from other side materials put into it right? wonder why they decided to do what they did here

just went through the library and most of the stuff went over my head, isn't Patty the girl from the anime or something

How the FUCK are keyboard/mouse controls?

Attached: sdfdsfsdfdsfdsfdsfdsfsd.png (464x242, 78K)

he doesn't remember

Am I nuts or does Vergil look a lot like Auron now?

Attached: ffx_auron_w_renamed_bones_by_frozen_knight-d4zs66i.jpg (663x1206, 64K)

huh i coulda swore he showed up in 4 but i guess it was just 1 and 2

He did in DMC2 as a boss out of nowhere.
He comes back in a chapter before fighting the final boss phase 1. He just appears out of nowhere and pissed off.

Vergil quite literally doesn’t even remember having a kid until Dante reminds him. Which Vergil states “well...that was a long time ago”.
During the fight, Nero has a great exchange with Vergil about this

V is cool but does he hold the future in his hands?

Attached: 15-picture1.jpg (457x396, 17K)

???
Did you not beat the game? He acknowledges and remembers banging Nero's mom, he was just surprised Nero in particular was his son. He probably didn't stick around Fortuna long enough to find out she got pregnant. Or maybe he did, because he only says "Nero is my son?" not "I have a son?" he just didn't stay around lomg enough for him to be born I guess.

It wasn't the original but one of the FEW surviving children of phantom that survived being shot and stepped on by dante and the only one that grew up to be an fully sized adult.

It was a fucking miracle getting alive and then there was the issue of getting off the fucking island....as a fire demon spider in the middle of the fucking ocean.

I got stuck on mission 19 for an hour or two. P3 doppelganger had some really awful rngs, most of the time it was my fault though. But I didn't give up and completed without orbs. How did everyone else find the last few missions?

Attached: 1530116813045.png (782x960, 478K)

he said shit during a mid boss fight with dante but it was retcon for him not knowing it was his son that he ripped said arm off.

Which makes....somewhat sense? I guess if he knew nero was his son, maybe he would have just taken yamato and threw back nero arm.

Honestly that was kinda fucking od that vergil didn't return that demonic power back to nero.

OH WELL. In DMC6, Nero get DANTE sword, VERGIL sword and hopefully his old devil bringer arm back.

So DMC6 will be about Dante and Vergil tearing up demon ass?

its his own fucking sword dude

>Phantom makes a brief appearance when emerges from a portal in the sky once the island has been brought closer to the Demon World. No explanation for this fight or his apparent return from the dead is given, though the Guidepost indicates that the portal may be a "door to the past". He has no dialogue either before, during, or after the fight. When defeated, he shatters into glass-like shards and reappears as part of Argosax the Chaos.

Your explanation is way better, but yeah this is Capcoms.

No. V is much more interesting exactly because of that.
If he was just "le ebin autism poetry mystery man who's actually just a random new guy" instead of an established character then it would've been shit-tier imo.

These fags would have complained about it either way

>OH WELL. In DMC6, Nero get DANTE sword, VERGIL sword and hopefully his old devil bringer arm back.

>implying it won’t be Nero & Kyries little daughter who bitchslaps Mundus to a million years of sleep

>Nero was seething for other a month from Dante's "Dead weight" comment
Was it just for comedy or is there another reason why he was so mad about that?

That’s a pretty fucking hurtful thing to say. The novel even specifies that it hurts Nero because he respects Dante and is very thankful to him, so it catches him totally off-guard.

Every game that's gotten me interested on the story has ended up going for the ez boring route recently. I was telling myself even when I got hyped for the possibility of a real Mundus return of sorts with V that it would probably end up just being Vergil split himself in two. I even thought about the Nelo Angelo stuff being the reason for the monsters as V.

I just wish they had actually gone for the more interesting Mundus connection instead of everyone everywhere ever is Vergil.

>453721916
Vergil was harder than I expected and my Thumb was hurting so I died a few times on that fight

Why was everyone so expectant for Mundus? Am I the only one who never really gave a shit about him?

Dante sure did alot to earn that punch to the face

Because he's still alive. People want him dead for good

Actually it's gonna be dante's and nico's daughter, she got nervous fangirling over dante, she's gonna get for his cock in the end

The novel made a point to bring him up and say that he's still alive and gaining power.

The novel and even DMC1 specifically state he’s still in hell and gathering energy to come back stronger than ever.

Where did V get the money?

He is the money...look at that bling

Vergil should open a Devil May Cry shop. He’s way more business savey and could get rich people to buy into his shit

He robbed people in an alley.

Attached: 1551540306020.jpg (624x315, 57K)

I'm getting real tired of Dante and Vergil. They're both such embarrassing 40 years old manchildren. Nero and V seriously need to take over the series after this game.

Attached: 1471424642410.png (705x720, 384K)

user, V is dead

Didn't die even once till reaching mission 17 Urizen, needed 3 tries for him. And been stuck on mission 19 Vergil too for a while.