What does Yea Forums think of Uncharted 2?

What does Yea Forums think of Uncharted 2?

Attached: uncharted-2-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uhwB43-UCaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does Nate look Turkish in this game?

Pretty fuckin greatest game. Probably the best in the series.

It's for sure the best in the series
Idk what Turks look like but Nate's character design is the best in the series

Attached: uncharted 2 Nathan.jpg (340x658, 49K)

It created the template for Sony first party games today

I loved it, same with 1, 3, and Golden Abyss. Never played 4 because I made the switch to Xbox, but I want to one day.

Less boring than the others though that isn't really saying much.

That may be true. But it's still the best version of these types of games, there has yet to be a "cinematic/movie" type game like Uncharted that has a better balance between both enjoyable gameplay and enjoyable story.
You are definitely right though, this game set the stage for Sony games and they've tried over and over to emulate it. Games like nu God of War and Spiderman are good examples, and I'd even go as far to say that Rockstar took cues from Naughty Dog with Max Payne 3, GTA V, and RDR2. These are not bad things either, considering every game I've listed is really damn good.
Basically, Uncharted was the beginning of a new era of vidya.

Attached: Uncharted Dos.jpg (1600x900, 1.25M)

His nose looks odd compared to the other games

His face looks the best in 4, but his body is too small. He looked pretty buff in 2 but got smaller as the games went on, which I guess makes sense since he was getting older.

Attached: NathanDrake.png (1064x1384, 1.9M)

Genuinely one of the least interesting games I've ever played. Got the Uncharted Collection dirt cheap and moderately enjoyed the first. 2 was a fucking joke. Never bothered to play the 3rd.

Why didn't you like it?

I think Uncharted's success doomed AAA gaming. I do think that U2 was a passion project. Naughty dog wanted to make an interactive movie and by and large they succeeded. Playing U2 is like playing an Indiana Jones movie. The problem is that EVERYONE decided they wanted that U2 success. Including Naughty Dog who bought into their own hype. So now there's an endless wave of interactive Indiana Jones and they won't fucking stop.

Attached: 1536990907586.jpg (997x995, 204K)

Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 is probably one of the hugest leaps in quality over two games in a single series. Uncharted 1 is probably the most mediocre game of last generation whereas Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of last generation.

Like I said, U2 is still the best version of these types of games. And it was the one to start the trend.

Attached: Uncharted 2 heli-fight.jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

Eh

I finished all Uncharted game beside 5
while I do think U5 have the best gameplay out of them all I just got bored halfway in and never finish it
might be the pacing

What's the future like? Has WW3 begun yet?

Best uncharted game, easy. If my ps3 wasn't half way across the world I'd prob replay it.

He spend some time in a Turkish prison so his face changed like octocamo from MGS4.

oh shit im still in the machine
fuck I cant go back

and no its just corps war
its like cold war two but for mainly for profit

>spoiler
War. War has changed.

This. The leap in quality is stupendous

All uncharted games are mediocre at best and are only good for their scripted action sequences.

The gunplay is better than 95% of other tps games though?

best UC SP in the series
best MP still goes to 3 tho

>best MP still goes to 3 tho
God no. 3 mp was horrid.
Both 2 and 4 mp are miles better.

Hell of a ride from beginning to end.

Massively overrated, and this is coming from someone who loves the Uncharted series. I've never understood the hype around 2 specifically.

Hahaha NO. Those floaty arcade controls are so trash. Headshots don’t even stun enemies let alone kill. You gotta play more games. Army of two has better gunplay than any of the original trilogy.

Good game that gets a bad rap because it fostered in the "cinematic experience" trend.

>Headshots don’t even stun enemies let alone kill
What? Headshots kill in every single Uncharted game dumbass.
>You gotta play more games
Name some better third person shooters, besides Army of Two which everyone knows is fucking trash.

Uncharted 4's multiplayer is the best. Uncharted 2 is quite good, and three WAS amazing during the summer beta. When it released early in October they managed to fuck all of it up. Uncharted 3 MP had a chance to be amazing, and Naughty Dog fucked it hard.
As to your question OP I quite like Uncharted 2, but I think that Uncharted 4 might edge it out just a bit.

>Army of two has better gunplay than any of the original trilogy
Horrible bait

And the problem is ND also seems to misunderstand why people loved U2. U3 and 4 were huge steps down and feel extremely padded out with "cinematic" elements that get in the way of gameplay.

>three WAS amazing during the summer beta
This is true. I remember getting 20< kills per game on air-field using just the para-9. Then the full game had horrible hit-boxes and they fucked the movement all to hell.

I think Nu GoW and Spiderman honestly strike a good balance between story and gameplay. Shit like TLoU and Bioshock Infinite are good examples of the Uncharted formula being detrimental to the game.

U2 is a great gaming experience. It accomplished everything ND wanted. U3 is also excellent except for the few plot moments near the end that got dropped.
I agree with the other anions when I say I love the U3 multiplayer but ONLY during the summer beta. That shit was kind.
U4 was such a disappointment for me. The story was meh, most of the big cinematic set pieces were shown way before the game came out, there was no supernatural element, and there were no consequences in the end. Maybe my hype was built too much. Still a good game, just a bit let down.

Best of the PS3 games, haven't played 4 yet.

The first 3 games had god tier soundtrack. They fucked up royally on the 4th.
youtu.be/uhwB43-UCaQ

Attached: uncharted 2 chloe 2.png (1080x1080, 1.43M)

>no consequences in the end
There have been zero consequences in any of the games lol. Sometimes they try to imply that Sully will eat it for Nate's obsession and arrogance, but everyone is okay at the end of every game. The closest the series got was Cutter breaking his leg and not being seen after, but that's only because his VA actually got injured and couldn't continue IIRC.

>we will NEVER get the uncharted game starring young Sully that we all want
>instead we will get one starring nadine or nates daughter, if we even get one at all

Attached: FF0C66DE113B4B06AFD6D4983A6186BC.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Reminder that Amy Hennig's version of Uncharted 4 had you going through over half the game without guns, utilizing a massively improved melee system. And Sam, Nate's brother was supposed to be the main antagonist, turning on Nate and Elena in the late game.

Attached: Amy Hennig.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

Turks have black hair, beard and darker eyes.
t. roach

We don't deserve her.

Well I sure am glad it wasn't then. I don't play Uncharted games for melee game play.

>Young Sully
This would be perfect. A couple years ago someone on here had an idea that I vaguely remember-
An Uncharted game that takes place after 4 based on Sully telling "campfire stories" or something similar to Nate, Elena, and Cassie.
And the entirety of the game is you playing flashback stories as young Sully, with kid Nate sometimes there. And since old Sully is narrating, he can over-exaggerate and the gameplay reflects this, with insane set-pieces going on. The only example of a game that actually did this was Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
The gameplay would reflect Sully's storytelling and change as Nate interjects to correct Sully as to what actually happened.
I wish I had screenshotted the guy's post because he explained it a lot better than me.

Attached: young sully.jpg (500x500, 56K)

Uncharted 3 had really good melee though, you could grab and throw people off ledges, do jump takedowns, and use rifles as bats. It's bullshit that 4 got rid of all that.

Attached: Uncharted 3 melee.gif (300x200, 475K)

4 also got rid of throwing back grenades. Why the fuck did they do that?

How did Uncharted 2 have such a good use of colour and shading for an AAA western game? It was vibrant and the art design really gave it a fresh sense of adventure. These western games usually have dogshit bland colour design.

It pretty much perfected it's formula. The main villain is a completely cheesy 80s Russian villain which fits the overall scenario, the story is engaging enough despite being a simple adventure plot, the cut scenes aren't too long same as the walking segments, there is always stuff happening and the scenarios fun to be in.

UC3 is also still good, but has the problem that it has scenarios that exists without any sense of a bigger picture (you could remove the entire ship graveyard and the plot would still happen the exact same way) and UC4 is basically the just a fucking boring walking simulator. Impressive to play the first time, the second time it just drags forever and you stop playing it.

Very good question. For how many things 4 improved on, for some reason they removed a lot of small things that made the gameplay fun.

I'm not sure. There's a lot of contrast for both color and shading, especially when compared to games today when a lot of otherwise excellent details get lost in the lighting.

It still looks really good to this day.
Every level had it's own distinct color palette and the graphics for 2009 were damn good. Naughty Dog has always been 1 step ahead when it comes to good graphics.
Not to mention, the game nailed the atmosphere when it comes to a treasure-hunting Indiana Jones style game. The story and it's pacing are pretty much perfected.

Attached: Uncharted 2 Nepal.jpg (550x336, 98K)

She's the only woman in the industry who get the medium she's working on. The Legacy of Kain franchise had top tier storytelling and UC 1-3 was way too good written than a game like that actually deserves.

On top of that she also goes against SJW saying that you don't get hired because you suck and not because you're a woman... which is probably why all her projects after she was forced to left ND got cancelled.

bump

Attached: u2 chloe ass 2.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Best one, it blows me away back then and the mp was kino. I remember how insane the difference was with the first one.