Now that the dust has had 15 years to settle, can we admit that it's bad but not that bad?

now that the dust has had 15 years to settle, can we admit that it's bad but not that bad?

Attached: X7.jpg (576x792, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR-zAFg1Qs0
youtu.be/4WYrhgc3vvA
youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipimqs81xzo
youtube.com/watch?v=iRMy7IDegBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's awful.

Attached: 1531098352950.jpg (695x363, 31K)

It's very bad. But it has some good ideas going on.

I only tolerated 100%ing this game because of the Megaman X branding

Attached: 62312623451.jpg (588x712, 89K)

It was fucking terrible. My dad basically lost his job because of the crap that the Japanese sent to Capcom Of America. PN-03, Chaos Legion, Mega Man Network Transmission, Breath Of Fire Dragon Quarter. Basically 2003 was the year Capcom just shit the bed.

It's fucking awful and if anybody says otherwise they're just trying to be the world's biggest contrarian.

Can I meet your dad? Reading all the interviews with Megaman X artists on MM Complete works sheds some light and cool insinght on pre-2000 videogame dev days and it sounds like a lot of fun.

tbqhmgm (to be quite honest my good man) it's better than x6 just because it's not busting your balls every fucking second

He was a salesman for the company. I wouldn't be able to finagle any of the contacts for the japanese side of things, but I think I have enough contacts to at least write a book on what the publishing side of the video game industry looked like.

Oh grow up already. I'm so sick of you fucking kids always complaining because something is too hard for you. Things can be hard, yes. Maybe even too hard for to complete. That does not make them bad. It simply means that you have to get better and if you can't, then oh well. Move on with your life.

Attached: shut the fuck up.jpg (440x623, 36K)

I actually played it recently to show my friend Flame Hyenard. I actually found myself having fun the whole way there, laughing at how janky stuff was in the 2D section and then surprisingly just enjoying the 3D. Like I consider the 3D parts kinda decent, arcade-y fun.

Attached: 44504861_2114978631848688_5638742617366724608_n.jpg (567x537, 87K)

>Network Transmission
>Bad

>le megaman x6 is hard = bad reddit tier meme
you need to be over 18 years old to post in this side, and plus, why would you talk about a game when you haven't even played it

Attached: 31241341414.jpg (180x218, 11K)

keep defending shit, retards

X6 is bad but not because it's hard.

Network transmission is pretty bad, especially those models and animation but it is a lot of fun once you get a good enough megabuster that you can rely on when your chips are on cooldown

Also the OST. youtube.com/watch?v=VR-zAFg1Qs0

Maybe its my nostalgia goggles but I don't remember it being bad, just really hard.

And yeah the OST is one of the best in the world.
youtu.be/4WYrhgc3vvA

The problem was how clunky and slow the characters were, the concept could have worked if the game was far more fast-paced and worked like DMC.

I can see where you're coming from. I think Capcom should make a Mega Man Zero-themed character action game.

>Mega Man Network Transmission

Hey don;t go insulting a good game just because you're mad user

it's extremely hard at the start because your megabuster can't do shit and your chips suck and take like a minute to get more of them back. Eventually you get powerups that can make it comparable to a normal megaman game

It's bad, but I don't think people should discount a 3D X game ever be a possibility because of it. Once you've unlocked X and upgraded his defense ability so that he doesn't get knocked down after every fucking hit, the game becomes actually fun to play. But unfortunately, you have to deal with the worst version of Zero in the entire franchise and a bootleg Bass clone before you get to that point. It isn't until the second playthrough that you can get a fully powered X, but by then most people would have dropped the game. There were also some terrible decisions made to the core gameplay that just makes it a chore to play. The slow walk speed, losing all momentum from dash jumping, the camera angles being claustrophobic hinder the experience.

I really do enjoy playing the game with an all clear save, but never ask me to do a clean file. That just ain't happening.

Attached: Increasingly Worried Party.png (707x409, 430K)

>Once you've unlocked X

This is the stupidest thing here. Want to play as the character on the center of the fucking box? Beat all 8 mavericks, or rescue 64 reploids.

well to be fair, axl's on the center of the japanese cover

By the time most people unlock him, the game's practically over and X is severely under powered that there's no point in even using him. I do wonder how many people gave the game repeated playthrough to power him up.

Hard Mode is also fucking impossible holy shit. I don't know what I was thinking making it my first playthrough. Zero doesn't shit out enough damage even with his bullshit boss shredding moves. At least not in the early game. Axl is just there to serve as an additional health bar until you have to bust out Zero.

It is that bad. I think the walking sound says plenty.
Also Gungaroo, Warfly, and Sigma are the only decent bosses.

Attached: BambooPandamonium.png (298x388, 163K)

shut up, smartass

I prefer the "My first graphic design" UK box for X7 and a bunch of other Megaman games released in the early 2000's.

Attached: file.png (355x500, 336K)

I just wish he was introduced in a better game.

Attached: 1540802648720.png (364x420, 151K)

by X7 the series was all about zero anyway

I played it for the first time last year going in with an open mind and a "how bad could it possibly be" mindset and a high tolerance for mediocrity. The game is fucking awful, it is pure misery, I had zero fun with it. I don't dislike the idea of Megaman X in 3d but you'd have to rebuild the game from the ground up to salvage it even with similar gameplay systems.

I enjoyed X7 more than I enjoyed X8. I have no idea why X8 gets praised so much. 2 vehicle section stages, 3 auto scrollers, 2 gimmick stages, and only 3 actual platforming stages in the entire game, one of them ruined because they just filled the stage with spikes and one enemy type for 3/4ths of it, and the other being an intro stage filled with dialogue cutscenes and forced partner switching unless you plan to revisit it. Bamboo Pandamonium is literally the only good stage in the entire game and the only stage that feels like a Mega Man X game because it doesn't kill your momentum with gimmicks outside of forced arena rooms.

Fucking fight me, I dare you.

Attached: KERNEL.jpg (711x727, 207K)

actually my favorite would be Zero 3's badly traced Toru Nakayama art with fucked up eyes

Attached: file.png (800x803, 1.67M)

X8 is better mechanically in every way but yeah the stages themselves fucking suck. I dunno why there were 2 Ride Chaser levels and it was also THE ENTIRE LEVEL.

I actually hated Bamboo Pandamonium's stage if only because of the gimmick requiring you to get a Ride Armor all the way through the stage to get a capsule.

X1, X2 and X3 were all about X. X4 was a split scenario between X and Zero. Neither of them take center stage in the conflict, they're just their to stop it. X5 was all about X vs. Zero. X6 was just stupid. X7 was Axl's show and then X8 came along and no one took center stage because they were being bullied for being relics. You guys need to stop exaggerating your fucking Zero hate.

I can't fucking play it. I've tried, but I can't. There's nothing fun about this piece of shit and playing it is more than a chore.

youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s

jesus what the fuck is this

The best thing to come out of X7

Tron looks great in this.

Attached: 1383632188191.jpg (311x352, 38K)

Megaman X7.

Flame Hyenard is memed the most but X7's voice acting in general is just awful. Axl for example is voiced by Lenne Hardt, who is a middle aged woman trying to sound like a teenage boy trying to sound like an adult. X on the other hand sounds like a drooling retard. What's funny is that Capcom used this voice actor again to voice Grey in ZA.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipimqs81xzo

How did that get okayed with those eyes?
I mean I know Mega Man is no stranger to bad box art, but come the fuck on I think that's arguably worse than the MM1 boxart.

I like a lot of the dialogue scenes in X7. Some make for great reaction images. Shame I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Attached: Responding to Bait.png (959x720, 713K)

Attached: IMG_20190307_023552.jpg (1024x616, 101K)

That game was fucking awful, especially if you're coming from the Battle Network games into that.

We got this though
youtube.com/watch?v=iRMy7IDegBA

The question is why even do what they did when they could have just used the original art in the first place, which itself was on the Japanese box.

Attached: file.png (706x448, 875K)

Yeah it's really weird they didn't just do that.

I'll always have blaze heatnik and metal shark player's levels scarred into my soul. rai turtloids level is pretty kino though.

X6 had the worst level design of all time.

God, X sounds so fucking horrible. What the hell.

The base gameplay was good. Regular X actually felt useful for a change and the switching system meant you could still use X and have Axl in the back for cheesing spikes so you never felt stuck if you hit an annoying roadblock because you always had at least two ways to handle it. Guard Break only fucks with Zero because of how close he has to get to enemies to do it.

But good luck using that "gameplay" because 2 stages don't even use the mechanics and the final stage removes your partner for no reason besides fuck you.

This game is the literal worst game in the series. Anyone who says X6 is worse is either fucking insane or has never played X7.

X7 is just so fucking slow, and I have no idea why they decided to give the bosses so much health.