What's your honest opinion of this game Yea Forums?

What's your honest opinion of this game Yea Forums?

Attached: Breath of The Wild.jpg (960x960, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JNSTktHdOGQ&t=
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75065082\
reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6m1pw0/psa_onehit_protection_is_gone_in_master_mode/
youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU
medium.com/@vargass/why-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-most-important-game-of-the-generation-448549439c08
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windcatcher
youtube.com/watch?v=R7iHLycHLic
youtube.com/watch?v=4iumX1cNtSI
youtube.com/watch?v=CRVCyHzAtdY
youtube.com/watch?v=FifGMifUfW8
youtube.com/watch?v=pNUQBPHpl6g
youtube.com/watch?v=Z96gU4z6av4
youtube.com/watch?v=SqhZbK6RI8g
youtube.com/watch?v=gaaLWh-5Esc
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbeze8aDk34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its pretty fucking solid
i'm waiting a few more years before I replay it

Same, I've finished 2 playthroughs but want to wait a little while before I start another on Master Mode.

It's the direction the series needed to go in and the flaws are obvious enough that I'm more excited about the next one.

It's zelda

It ruined bows in games for me, whenever I have to use one I wish I was playing BOTW instead.

I love. I'm 50+ hours in with half of the map yet to be uncovered.

Eh, it's okay, never finished it and barely think about it anymore. I'd be interested in a sequel.

wasn't fond of it, returned it, hoping the sequel adds more classic elements like full dungeons and unique items. I'm glad the series is returning to non-linearity but not in the way it's been handled

Attached: i bless the rains down in hylia.png (209x363, 127K)

From the last thread someone mentioned that one of the final rooms was a lynol. Just use the ancient arrow on them, it’s an instakill and you get like 3 of them.

Never played it but it's shit

I love Kass!

Attached: husbando 8.0.jpg (4865x4865, 2.96M)

SEVEN OUTOF TEN

I liked it at first, but then the minute I beat the divine beasts I realized that there was literally nothing else to do but storm the cast. There is no point in having an open world that has literally nothing in it outside of places attached to the story.

8/10, some good ideas, but suffers from the idea that you can do anything in any order you like they causing the devs to end up making everything the same.

Do people really like dungeons in 3d Zelda games?
Are you really having fun when pushing those blocks and playing the ocarina on pedestals?

Why'd you give a 6/10 description but an 8/10 rating?

Yes, kill yourself Arin you autistic faggot

I really enjoyed it, the settings/OST/art were all solid. 9/10 imo.

As opposed to hitting 5 terminals in any order?

7/10

the spirit is there, and I really think it's one of the most refreshing open world games to come out in recent years, but it's just so light on content you will have seen most everything interesting 20 hours into the game.

it was fun

I liked it but I wish there was more to do. It's a big empty open world.

Just like Assassin's Creed II, I play BotW for a couple hours at a time just to run around and look at things, and I think it works perfectly for that playstyle. It's just fun to jump off shit and climb mountains and pick something out in the distance and ride your horse to it, and the way they sprinkle shrines and korok seeds around seems like it really is built around that. I haven't bothered going to the castle yet because I don't really care, but I did the Divine Beast quests because I wanted to see how they effect the towns and I think they did a good job on those storylines, really making you want to help characters like Prince Sidon and that Gerudo queen out. The Rito one seemed underdeveloped.
As a "serious" Zelda game it probably isn't the best, but I can still go back and replay Link to the Past if I want that. BotW is just fun to dick around in for a bit, every time I pick it up I come up with a simple goal like upgrading an armor set or getting ingredients for a specific dish and have literally never had a bad time playing it.

Didn't really enjoy it as much as the older titles and honestly I feel like people overhype it way too much. It's not a terrible game by any means, it's just nothing super spectacular.

Attached: I can't triforce to this.jpg (236x208, 11K)

That honestly sounds exactly like a room in a Zelda dungeon

Hey user you found that key! Time to backtrack to the very first room, climb the vines again, and go LEFT this time around!

Is there a more blatant redflag of nostalgiafaggotry then when a zoomer defends old dungeon design?

Attached: botw first puzzles vs oot lategame ''''puzzles''''.webm (560x314, 2.91M)

I legitimately consider it my favourite game of all time. I'm someone who only plays maybe like 3 games a year so I don't have add like most of you retards and it was a pretty rewarding game. Combat was fun, story was nice. Exploring the world was fantastic

>divine beast is equivalent to getting the silver rupees in any order but with added physics/map puzzles
now imagine those applied to an actual full length dungeon instead of being the whole dungeon

Will he return or is he really done for good now?

great game
poor entry in the franchise

Solid 7/10 game.
I judged it by design and pure gameplay. Will be lower if graphic and performance included.

Attached: 1409969393124.jpg (429x399, 17K)

>It's a good game, just not a good [franchise] game.

Attached: gehrman.jpg (800x584, 40K)

9/10

The fuck are you talking about? The elephant has a very clear order of terminals
>cranking up the submerged one
>freezing the water flow
>the giant water wheel
>the trunk
>the one surrounded by fire
but you can skip past them and do them later if you can't figure it out.

This. There really should have been more incentive to explore. Wind Waker did a good job of this.

>tfw didn't realise you could tilt the bird
I don't know if I should be proud of completing the dungeon on hard mode or ashamed of being a moron

first time playing it, I cleared 2 divine beasts (Elephant & Camel) today in one 2.5hr sitting. I thought they'd have been harder :/

PRO:
Open world exploration is fantastic
They did very well with the hardware limitations
Cooking is fun
Characters in villages were interesting
Finding and trying out new weapons was cool
The best waifu selection of any game ever made
Sexiest Zelda ever 10/10 eyebrows, wanna lick asshole

CON:
No memorable music
Divine beasts are shit. Should have had classic temples instead.
Bosses were a sad joke
Should have had more villages and a few bigger cities
Somehow felt less captivating and 'magical' than previous games

Attached: 5028c21bdb9c1f18d1e1a8181651b114.jpg (788x1200, 124K)

Easily the best Zelda game for me and the direction the series needs to take.

Attached: cry.png (143x143, 36K)

>Housr has a chimney
>No fireplace
Explain

Attached: 3F2FFD61-397D-4CD5-8F26-1821AC0D9414.jpg (2042x1361, 1.01M)

Loved my first playthrough of it, got bored with my Master Mode playthrough and never finished it. Enemies just having regenerating health and more of it wasn't very fun to me.
That said, when a little time passes I'd love to play it again on normal.
It could do with more enemy variety and less recolors and the classic 8 dungeons format would be fucking great. I didn't mind shrines so much, but it would be nice if shrines weren't almost the only side content dotting the landscape, some fully fleshed out cave systems or enemy strongholds here and there would be nice. The Yiga clan hideout and that ruined colosseum were really nice, there was also this set of wooden walkways and ramps inhabited by bokoblins hanging from a cliff face that was pretty cool, too. The game could use more things like that.
That said, I'd say it's probably my favorite open world game, mostly due to the fact that it has my favorite movement mechanics out of all of them. You can climb practically everything and getting around quickly isn't an issue due to all your options, like horses, fast travel and just climbing really high up and jumping off with the paraglider.
I had a very good time with it all in all.

It's so Santa can enter on Christmas.

only Zelda I played because Switch doesn't have any of the other mainlines

Overall I love the game but there are quite a few flaws
>No blacksmith in towns where you can buy basic weapons
>Durability should have been buffed across the board.
>Only Five (Six if you have the DLC) real dungeons
>Only one town per zone. Kind of a missed opportunity to flesh hyrule out.
>The supporting cast are more or less one note.Would have been nice if they helped out in the endgame if you helped them.

Attached: 1528838795174.jpg (736x931, 144K)

>only Zelda I played
As someone who grew up with the series since the first NES game, it's so crazy to think there is an entire generation who has only played BOTW and thinks that this is the 'norm' of what Zelda games are. Very surreal and makes me feel old.

Attached: CooperativePlaintiveBlueandgoldmackaw-small.gif (378x250, 867K)

Attached: Link,.png (636x900, 774K)

It was fun

fag

9/10

pros
>tight ass controls
>great exploration (in the first playthrough)
>I wanted a lot of clothing/weapons for a long time
>decent art direction
>comfy

cons
>front heavy
>weapon durability sucks (on the grounds that I want to use specific weapons and not have to change all the time).
>story sucks
>VA sucks
>Ganondorf sucks
>enemy variety sucks

Attached: zelda.jpg (2048x1185, 343K)

During my playthrough, I often dreamed about visiting Zelda in her study room in that tower and fully indulging in her warmth, the feel of her body, her scent and taste...

This game has made me feel like a young boy again, peeking through the door lock of the girls dressing room.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e70696e696d672e636f6d2f6f726967696e616c732f34322f61662f30372f34326166303764336530 (500x500, 1.98M)

Attached: 1499485153074.png (1456x1600, 1.51M)

It's mediocre

dude you are really annoying. like, irl "ruins conversations and wonder why he has no friends" annoying.

Never played it, looked too much like Minecraft to me and too little like Zelda.
I have an unslakeable thirst for Urbosa though.

not him.... but the strong points are really strong.

Good, but not as good as my Game of the Generation (pic related). It just fails in too many areas to compete.

Attached: image.jpg (720x720, 123K)

8.25/10
I wish the game had more variety in enemy and shrine interior designs.

It's almost good. The overworld they crafted is impressive in scale and the systems at play have some intriguing harmony to them. However, while the overworld isn't lacking in sheer number of things to do it does lack in interesting things to do and both the swordplay and cooking don't feel perfectly balanced or thought out. Oftentimes, the game is at its best with setpieces that result in reward shrines such as Eventide Island or Thyphlo Ruins, and Hyrule Castle is easily the most engaging part of the game. The puzzle shrines (and the divine beasts) all feel too minor as individual entities to really satisfy the game's need for dungeon content, it all feels more like glorified grottos than real dungeons. Overall, there's good ideas but I think there is quite a lot that could stand to be improved. BotW isn't a great game in its own right but it is potentially the skeleton of one if its weaker aspects get cleaned up in a future entry.

I thought it was pretty meh. I didn't like any of the mechanics introduced and I'm not really a fan of open world games. in general. I also prefer 2D to 3D Zelda with the dungeons my favorite part of the series. The story was also pretty lame. I honestly can't remember any of the character interactions.

It has obvious flaws, but the overall experience is stellar. One of the few good open world games I've played.

Solid game, I only wish for more traditional dungeons and memorable music. I only remember the guardians theme.

Had a lot of fun though, I'd love to see more of this formula.

Still a better dungeon than any shrine or divine beast.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>weapon durability sucks (on the grounds that I want to use specific weapons and not have to change all the time).
A thousand times this. The weak weapons with low durability were so cool looking. I wish I could uses those games to match my outfits.
>Never enjoy Zora Ensemble of both the Amor and all the weapons
>Can’t role play as the perfect sheikhs ninja
I’m double pissed that the Kite Shield and Forrest Dweller Sword can’t respawn

Mediocre 6/10, in terms of building a foundation for future games like XBX did it's a solid 10/10

>>tight ass controls
What? I am playing through for the first time right now and the controls are my biggest complaint. The default controller mapping is fucking awful. Run and jump are the only customizable buttons and all you can do is swap them.

It's really fucking fun. A good rejuvenation for the series after TP and SS.

Decent. Has flaws and some mechanics I absolutely hate though. Also FAR too many fucking koroks to find. Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you.

At least we got our money's worth out of it?

my honest opinion is that botw is further proof that aonuma is a hack who doesn't know how to make a good zelda game. the series should be given to koizumi from now on, since he actually knows how to make good games.

Attached: ubisoftbotw2.png (1000x679, 215K)

I beat in three hours lmao.

1 and 2 are on switch online nes.

Why is nobody talking about waifus?

Attached: 44654.jpg (480x360, 13K)

aounuma had almost nothing to do with botw.

Sorry you feel that way.

I love Kass!

Attached: smiling kass.jpg (1920x960, 295K)

zelda is extremely plain and mipha's fucking dead

9/10 game

rains way too much
horses are pretty useless for anything because you can fast travel anywhere
cooking a lot of food takes way too much time going through the animation over and over again (yes i know press x to skip but even that takes time to load)
fps issues in certain areas when in docked mode

that's pretty much all i remembered

Good point on the fourth mode, my FPS had massive dips at the Master Sword's pedestal.

aonuma is the one who produced the game. he's the one who came up with the idea of turning zelda into a generic open-world aaa game for zoomers after playing western garbage like far cry and skyrim. it's no coincidence that 3d zelda games started sucking once based koizumi wasn't around to make him look good.

Dark souls 2 is actually a better game than botw.

yeah korok forest where the deku tree is so fucking fps damaging. the worst

*point
I'm retarded.

Just finished it tonight. It was absolutely fantastic.
My only complaints:
- Rain suddenly causing me to get stuck because I can't climb anymore and since I can't use a fire to pass the time, I just have to set the controller down for a bit and wait for it to pass.
- What's the deal with flamebreaker armor not helping at all in the desert? Are you telling me an armor that can protect you from the heat of a fucking volcano can't protect you from the heat of the desert?
- Not enough hunks like the Lynel.

Attached: Clipboard105.png (2560x1440, 3.73M)

Because waifufags are mentally ill and should not be encouraged.

Fire retardant does not protect you from heat stroke.

You will crossdress and you will like it.

fun but overrated as fuck

OOT is a much more impressive game

>Male Gerudo clothing exists and is only sold on the black market
What did they mean by this?

My opinion is that it is good.

It's fucking great. There are few games that I have dumped 100s of hours into and actually did all the bullshit side quests because I didn't want it to end.

It's an open secret that men sneak in constantly.

is there a CEMU "unbreakable weapons" mod?

would fix one of my main gripes of the game.

Master... it is time.

Attached: 918042DC-D3F1-471F-B3C7-2A39DB4FDA8B.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

And the weak parts are just as weak. What's your point?

Its alright, but I feel like it peaks early and then gradually becomes more boring as it goes. I'm hopeful for a good sequel though

That I shall destroy and surpass you.

Attached: EFB6317B-9582-4084-BF6E-3DA7B3B34AF6.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>Get to Vah Ruta
>Use up all my arrows blocking the ice attacks
>Never occurred to me that I could use cryonis to break them until I watched a speed run later
Is there anything you felt dumb for not finding out earlier?

There are cheats under the "graphics packs" options in the new versions, but you really shouldn't. The game will be way too easy.

Attached: Clipboard26.png (2560x1440, 2.22M)

>this puzzle is the same as a shitty coin collecting puzzle but with an actual puzzle
literal retard

it's just annoying how I have to plan around my weapons/shields/bows breaking.

I like it, but OoT is still better

Best game in the series.

I'm an 80's boomer. I've been waiting for something that replicates that magical feeling of playing the original NES game for several years, and I was honestly starting to give up hope until this title came along. The only other games to come even close to matching the feeling, for me at least, were ALTTP and WW, but they both still felt too linear and WW in particular was horribly flawed.

It's obviously not perfect: I loved the exploration, side content and world design but the enemy variety left a bit to be desired. It's just that its flaws are so minor in comparison to its strengths that I don't think they actually prevent it from being a 10/10.

Attached: 1512268648237.png (540x473, 268K)

Those drop from all the time though. And the later in the game you are, typically the better the drops are.

Attached: Clipboard67.png (2560x1440, 3.8M)

>The game will be way too easy.
That's already a problem with the game. It's retarded and conflicts with everything else.

>no guys, weapons need to break so you don't hoard everything
>but you should be able to infinitely hoard food and items with no upper limit
>oh, and you shouldn't need a cooldown on shoving food in your face

What kinda idiot thought that was a good idea? Instantly brought the game down to a 5/10.

based terrariaposter

Attached: 1550950387978.jpg (676x858, 110K)

>poor entry in the franchise

Good. More Zelda games should strive to be as different mechanically as BOTW was. Making the same game over and over again is precisely what got us into the mess with Skyward Sword.

I'm very likely older than you and this was my first Zelda game as well

>What's your honest opinion of this game Yea Forums?

I love it. I've played through it twice on the Wii-U and am upset I don't have it for the Switch because I'd love to play through it again... But I'm sure as hell not buying it twice unless they add something substantial to it.
I love the world, I love the music, I love that I'm basically left alone to do whatever the fuck I want, I love the 'atmosphere', and I love the look of it. I think it's an excellent addition to the series and an amazing "first step", but I agree that that's as far as it should be praised.
I actually did a talky/listen only vid on how I think it could have been better: youtube.com/watch?v=JNSTktHdOGQ&t= If you're willing to excuse the self-shill.

Tldl; It's a perfect engine to build upon, but it lacks more in-depth and invested interactions and would be dramatically improved by adding a few more 'little' features here and there. Crafting armor and weapons, more enemy variety, more meaningful side quests, and let people fish and/or catch bugs- like "collection" style with a journal or something.
I think a post-game expansion where you set to 'rebuild' Hyrule by fixing all of those burned down villages and include one of their classic 'lengthy and needlessly drawn out trading side quests' where you travel across the world trading arbitrary quest items to get some final cool thing could be fun and encourage further exploration .

Attached: Dw9o3fDUUAAUpLM.jpg (1200x561, 92K)

I got the feeling Miyamoto wasn't that involved with development. He's only listed as a general producer at the end of the credits. He's only mentioned once on the Wiki page, and based on the interviews about the game, it sounds like he didn't really come up with any ideas; he just tested it at various phases and gave the green light.

Attached: Miyamoto-Future-BotW[1].jpg (1280x825, 69K)

ACfag

I didn't think of firing Yunobo at Rudania when I was on the volcano. I hiked all the way up to the top taking out the sentries and moblins but basically misunderstood the role of the cannons. I always end up doing something retarded like that at least once when I play Zelda games.

No joke, I didn't want to sound biased and I genuinely used to like Zelda, so I'm giving BOTW another run through. There's just a few too many problems for me to ignore. For starters I got some major FPS issues in Kakariko village. Then it happened again when I looked over Hyrule castle in a funny way. BOTW is an example of a game with no major flaws, but a billion minor flaws, and when they condense together, it becomes harder to ignore them.

>this puzzle is the entire dungeon vs one room in a larger labyrinth
r tard

>What's your honest opinion of this game Yea Forums?
it's up there with skyward sword and twilight princess as the only zelda games i truly hate.

This is a very concise and accurate answer.

i get what you mean, you're absolutely right, BOTW is a great game, but I don't think it can hold a candle to Terraria due to just how many minor issues it manages to have

Attached: 1550630296101.png (680x378, 389K)

What have you been playing then the during the NES, SNES and N64 eras? How can you possibly avoid all these monumental games?

>hey user you lit the leaves on fire!

that's it, that's the whole shrine.

That has been Miyamoto's involvement with every game since 2014 or so. He's said it himself he's pretty much retired and is only helping push forward the younger generation internally and helping with diplomacy when dealing with Nintendo's partnerships in other companies.

I always hated how dungeon-heavy were all the Zeldas from ALttP onwards, specially in ALttP where all the dungeons looked exactly the same and you did very little progression on the overworld. Out from one dungeon, and on to the next...

One of the most disappointing moments in my gaming life was when, after spending hours in that boring-ass death mountain's cave dungeon, I was able to go to Lake Hylia: I was thrilled, specially when the camera panned the area. "Finally! A cool place to find stuff" but after a small puzzle, an entrance appeared...

>Water Temple

Fuck. Again... ANOTHER dungeon. Again stuck pulling levers, opening chests that contained a map, a compass and keys. Fuuuuck...

Attached: 1511393085941.jpg (593x665, 99K)

Still, I think it's unfair when people call it shit or bring it into console wars. Just like with Samus Returns and Mario Odyssey, I'm glad I gave it a chance before completely writing it off.

the fact that this webm is ALWAYS the only example posted shows how incredibly weak botw is. i don't care if i can freeze shitty water, you could do that in majora's mask, and it did the exact same thing. let you move to another room.

This. The changes it brought to the table were needed in a bad way but I cant wait to see them reel it in a bit and make it a little more traditional. Maybe keep the shrines but vary their aesthetics, have the 8 traditional dungeons, and bring back some of the traditional items in lieu of the magic powers in botw while giving them more uses. Like maybe instead of magnesis, stasis and ice blocks have the hook shot, iron boots, and a magic rod but make sure they have as much utility and varied uses as the botw magic powers

Yeah, its a game i initially thought nothing of, but I'm glad i played it.

Attached: 1550641631482.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

>flaws
>10/10
Retard.

>hookshots

THIS. One of the coolest things Twilight Princess brought to the table, and one of its major redeeming features (yes I think it's even better than introducing Midna, fite me) was not just giving you one hookshot, but two of them! The possibilities were endless!

Miyamoto is merely a mascot at this point. People would boycott Nintendo forever if they fired him and considering he's the most important person in gaming history, they keep him as a very welcome pet until he dies. But he has become way too delusional and burned out to be a viable factor in the creation process. Not sure but I think the last game he was majorly involved in was OOT.

Attached: 7f62b58c9cb79d0497479dfc89799702.jpg (236x288, 8K)

Most underrated character coming through.
DESU, I thought the whole Rito part felt kind of anemic compared to the others. You only see Teba a couple times, then the dungeon took me maybe 8 minutes to complete, and then the boss is over in less than a minute.

Attached: Clipboard74.png (2560x1440, 1.5M)

Where the fuck have you been? Miyamoto dropped out of game development years ago.

I like him where he is now. I think he's lost his touch over the years, but having him around enough for him to still provide small feedback here and there at least pushes the development team in a good direction philosophically.

the best part about this is you're unironically doing more in ocarina. moving a fucking elephant trunk up or down isn't solving anything. it's not even thinking. also, could that have been more disingenuous with all the prior knowledge of how ocarina works? also, feel free to add proper subtitles to the botw portions.

>you just freeze water
>you just stop a circle from moving
>you level out the trunk to press A

any reason you didn't go with

>you use the lens of truth to see through an invisible wall, then use a giant block to protect yourself from the falling spikes

?

the elephant dungeon literally tells you where all the terminals are. how difficult. i guess botw is a literal 0 out of 10 going by this scale.

didnt like it.
im in the minority that would like a twilight princess style sequel (with no tears of light fetch)

A 10/10 doesn't literally have to mean flawless, user. A 10 point scale is actually mathematically really small.

I haven't played it but it looks pretty interesting apart from the weapon deterioration. I will most likely buy a Switch because of this game.

I enjoyed it a lot.

>monumental games
Debatable. Only the 2D Zelda games were worth a shit until BotW and that is just Far Cry with an anime art style.

I think all of them should have been more like Vah Naboris. There are three moving parts, and each one has four positions, which means there are 4^3, or 64 different possible configurations. It's harder to just move parts around randomly and figure everything out through trial and error.

I got around the elephant trunk by raising it and climbing around it while it was raised, not like the webm suggests. I feel a lot of the puzzles in BotW are this way, they have multiple solutions and are more intuitive to the player. I love OoT for its music, story, and art, but shit like the water temple that has to be done in a very linear but obfuscated order is just "bruteforce".

Theres a lot of cool stuff you could do with them if you were free to tighten or loosen the chain at will. Maybe they could take away free climbing (which is hilariously op) and force you to use the hookshot to climb walls or rappel down.

Or you could shoot it into a tree and just hold it taught, and use it to trip up enemies ala the tow cables in empire strikes back. I dunno, it could be pretty versatile if they have you enough control over it

It's a flawed game but pretty impressive.
It's incredibly overrated though.

You people overrate Koizumi so hard. You constantly blow his contributions to Majora's Mask out of proportion, you forget that he directed fucking Mario Sunshine (and really put the entire 3D Mario series on a downward spiral), and you forget that he doesn't even want to do this shit anymore and has relegated himself to the role of producer now.

Attached: 1512237547454.jpg (338x305, 14K)

You are an actual retard. 10/10 = 1 (ONE WHOLE). Anything that detracts from that takes away from that whole, making it less than it was before. That is unarguably how a rating system works.
Go shout your idiotic opinions at metacritic along with all the other retards if you actually think this.

Yup, unpopular opinion but I agree. Twilight Princess was peak Zelda and it was all downhill from there. BOTW is a boring rehash of every open world trope from the last 10 years. The only unique thing about it was the physics system and that was nowhere near enough to make up for the uninspired world and gameplay.

vah naboris felt like it was designed by the core team, whereas the other 3 were designed by people with brain damage. i wish they at least looked different. the tileset got old before i did the first beast.

>i feel a lot of the puzzles in BotW are this way, they have multiple solutions and are more intuitive to the player.

sure, but this is also what people got mad at a link between worlds for. by making the puzzles so simple, and having nearly no rules, they invalidate themselves because you can just beat your head into a brick wall and fall into the solution. i was never impressed by any puzzles in botw, because i felt like i broke them all. blowing myself up accidentally and falling over the finish wall in a shrine isn't a solution.

>2019
>thinks Miyamoto is still making games
Miyamoto is literally the face of Nintendo.

Introduce new console to the world? Send Miyamoto.
Show new Mario game on E3? Send Miyamoto.
Demonstrate new motion controls at convention? Send Miyamoto.
Present new IP at gamescom? Send Miyamoto.

They know everyone loves him so he's the best marketing person you could ever have.

Why the fuck is it still 60 bucks

Didn't go with that because the game fucking tells you. The entire game treats you like a child.

it's good but it has a lot of problems

Oh, you're one of those people.

> the tileset got old before i did the first beast.
This but the entire game. There's an appalling amount of copy-pasted textures and models in this game

10/10 at great plateau
9/10 up until first temple
5 or 6 / 10 after first temple

After the first temple I knew how the rest of the game was going to play out, and I had seen everything there was to see.

The 1st party Switch games are expensive af even on 2nd hand market. I sold my copies of SMO and BOTW almost for the same price I bought them new. It's crazy.

because all the characters in BOTW are garbage

no, you underrate based koizumi. 3d zelda has become utter dogshit without him. mario sunshine was kino.

Overrated like most of the Zelda games. Still decent with some moments of excellence.

Attached: Autism.jpg (604x363, 59K)

Because people are still willing to pay $60

Rating systems don't always work on decimals. If you rate a game a 98/100, for example, most people would prefer to round up to 10 because it's simpler that way. I don't understand why this upsets you.

Let me put it this way: I think BotW's strengths overshadow its flaws to such a massive degree that the flaws are completely negligible, which is enough to qualify a game as "perfection" to me even if it' not literally perfect.

you would still get heat stroke from the volcanic ambient temperature

i'm sure there's someone out there that will defend it, even though ocarina had unique tilesets for every single dungeon, while having more dunegons, 21 years ago.

Please explain why Weapon Durability exists at all

Attached: 1434646158660.png (525x550, 33K)

"Based" Koizumi doesn't want to direct games anymore. My point stands, and you defending Sunshine throws any credibility you had down the toilet.

I don't think I'll ever play it again, but I'd like them to try to make something with the same engine since I feel they could make something pretty good with what's there if they just focus on the things people have already mentioned a million times in these threads.

Attached: botw2.png (986x1378, 1.41M)

To make you switch up your weapons to adapt for whatever's on hand at the time instead of relying on just one weapon to carry you through the game. Sometimes you'll have a shortsword, and trade that for an enemy's lizal boomerang, and trade that for a spear, and trade that for a thunder greatsword

Use what you have on hand and adapt to the situation.

The new jap with the suit and Mario hat will replace him one day. You can tell because of how much they keep bringing him on. Probably already planning on getting rid of Miyamoto or he's planning to retire in a handful of years.

Nah. It's got the best puzzles in decades and the shrines themselves were awesome but having one bgm and one aesthetic got boring as fuck even by the end of the great plateau. If some of them had a forest, desert, volcano, and water theme the game would easily be 2-3 points higher on a 10 point scale

Unironic answer: because Minecraft had weapon durability and modern open-world survival mechanics are largely inspired by Minecraft

>"Based" Koizumi doesn't want to direct games anymore.
maybe that wouldn't be the case if everyone hadn't spent the last 20 years giving aonuma all the credit for koizumi's masterpieces. the fact remains that 3d zelda has been trash without him.
>My point stands, and you defending Sunshine throws any credibility you had down the toilet.
how am i less credible for defending a good game?

i can't think of any positives that don't get immediately obliterated by the flaws.

>we made the biggest game world ever!
>but traversal fucking sucks

>we made the combat as diverse as possible with new weapons!
>you can't even dodge without targeting

>we made a very unique climbing system!
>it immediately doesn't work if it's raining

>we made a huge ocean the player can swim in!
>the swimming has never been this bad, and the player drowns if you're in the water for 10 seconds

>we made unique horses with all different stats, so the player will explore and tame new horses!
>the horses have the worst control in the franchise, and you can't call them if you're 50 feet away

christ, even the objectively best area in the game, eventide isle, is fantastic because it goes against every single rule botw has. the complete removal of player freedom makes the game instantly better.

they needed lots of simple tasks around the world and korok seeds needed to lead to some decent reward so having a larger inventory for weapons filled that goal

because aonuma loves to play ubishit, and far cry 2 had weapon durability.

Attached: ubisoftbotw.png (1000x752, 616K)

>It's got the best puzzles in decades

i mean, i guess if you never played a zelda game before, and are still entertained by physics puzzles, even though portal did a much better job in every single way 12 years ago.

Then answer me this: Why can you stop time to eat food? Why does the gameplay instantly halt when you pause so that you can eat food? Does that also make you 'adapt' to being able to instantly heal yourself fully inside of ZA WARUDO stopped time? Surely all of the points you used for weapon durability could be applied to food, yet the food system is extremely barebones and dissapointing, with Baked Apples being the best source of health in the entire game, due to the fact that apples are easy to farm and are everywhere.
So I ask again; Why does weapon durability exist?

Climbing needs to be nerfed in some way and the hang glider should be dropped next time around. I try to keep climbing and gliding to a minimum on replays now and it makes problem solving a lot more interesting when you cant just climb over everything

The game really does not have the variety for things to feel exciting past that 20 hour mark. And by that point you've barely scratched the surface in the amount of shrines and shit there is to find. I enjoy the shrines quite a bit but fuck doing and finding all 120 of them. They should have had around 60 or so and just made them way longer. It also really stings that they all have the same fucking theme and music. Even Chalice dungeons in Bloodborne felt unique from one another because they were considerate enough to swap color palettes between the different types of dungeons. My original main problem with the game is that it spread all of its content way too fucking thin and I still stand by that despite actually liking the game quite a bit now. There should have been an emphasis on gadgets and fucking around with the environment. There should have been WAAAAYY more upgrades for the gadgets you start with, and a lot of different ways to customize them. Like being able to throw the bombs you get farther distances, or being able to infuse them with elements, shit like that. Maybe have a different style of glider that lets you move forward a lot faster but at the cost of stamina, or climbing gear that lets you climb shit so fast that you're able to climb shit in mere seconds. Fun shit like that actually enhances or changes the way you interact with the world. Instead everything in the game is
>cold resistance up
>attack speed up
And boring shit like that. The stuff you get for completing the divine beasts should have been the main example for how rewards/items/weapons were handled in BOTW. Traditional weapons should have been throw out the window for the most part. Give us gadgets and cool ways to interact with the world. I think if Nintendo ever puts out a sequel that addresses a lot of BOTW's problems were going to see a lot of people who originally called BOTW a masterpiece turn on it and call it shit.

7/10, it was solid but nowhere near as good as these masterpieces (Pic Related). Only hope is that they fix the glaring flaws & use it to integrate traditional shit back since the next one is a confirmed Asset flip like MM

Attached: 4x4 (Newest).jpg (1680x1414, 2.75M)

>If you rate a game a 98/100, for example, most people would prefer to round up to 10 because it's simpler that way.
This example doesn't ever happen though, people who say it's a 10 have nothing bad to say about it, while the 98/100 case actually does include that. Overlooking flaws also skews people's perception like with all the OoT dick sucking that's been around for the past couple of decades. Even SS got perfect ratings at release.
>BotW's strengths overshadow its flaws to such a massive degree that the flaws are completely negligible
That isn't true in the first place. Literally everything about the game lacks variation down to the core mechanics due to the open world nature which creates tons of flaws that hinder it, of course some are small, but you'd have to be willingly blind to overlook the larger ones.

after a few hours, i used a save editor to give revali's gale 9999999999999999999 uses because i was completely done with climbing. i got so incredibly sick of climbing up a wall for 5 minutes to get a broken club and 2 rupees.

>Why can you stop time to eat food?
Time always stops to drink potions in other Zelda games, this isn't and has never been a new thing
>So I ask again; Why does weapon durability exist?
I don't see how this is comparable in any way

Wish rewards were other than le epic shrine le epic breakable weapons and that there were more sidequests.

>people who say it's a 10 have nothing bad to say about it

This is objectively false. You can go to BotW's metacritic right now and find 10/10 reviews that still mentioned an occasional flaw.

Now I'm not going to get into this whole debate over whether the flaws of the game are negligible because it's all subjective as to how much weight we put into those flaws and how much they bothered us over the course of the game. I can only speak from my personal experience. Saying that the game "lacks variation" couldn't possibly sound more wrong to me, but hey, you're entitled to think that.

You say that is if I'm the weird one for liking physics puzzles instead of the "go into dungeon, notice a unique geographical feature you've not seen in any previous dungeon, fight miniboss and gain item that allows you to bypass new geographical feature, use new item to weaken the boss, beat boss, never use new item ever again" formula.

Someone with taste? Yeah.

nintendo published games rarely have price drops. the price is the price and that's that. just look at the prices of switch games NOT published by nintendo (mario rabbids, for example). theyre often on sale just like other platforms after teyve been out for a while. compare them to nintendo published games (botw, odyssey, splatoon, donkey kong). they basically never go on sale.

I feel like I'd hate it if I put all my focus on it while playing but a mixture of turning the volume down and listening to podcasts or youtube videos along with shutting as much of the HUD off as possible made it really fucking fun. Love exploring the world and seeing what's next. Whenever I see a divine beast though I get disappointed since it means no exploring for a while and instead I gotta do plot shit.

>You can go to BotW's metacritic right now and find 10/10 reviews that still mentioned an occasional flaw.
And that's why I said you should go there if you actually think this is true. No detailed and unbiased review will ever do this.

don't forget fight enemies! botw doesn't even have enemies to fight in the dunegons. they're literally barren, besides the one gimmick, and ganon number 67.

>The game really does not have the variety for things to feel exciting past that 20 hour mark.

Wow, so you found:

>literal dozens of environmental puzzles/riddles sprinkled all throughout the overworld like Into the Vortex, Sign of the Shadow, Secret of the Snowy Peaks, The Serpent's Jaw, Master of the Wind, Secret of the Cedars, etc. etc. etc.
>three massive labyrinths
>fuckloads of minigames like the horseback course, gut check challenge, shield surfing course, bowling, golfing, etc.
>finding Horse God
>Eventide
>Typhlo Ruins
>Thundra Plateau
>Lost Woods
>Lover's Pond and its fake version
>hidden Gerudo shop
>several sidequests that aren't just "collect X number of Y"
>three dragons to encounter, one of which is possessed and has to be freed after climbing one of the largest mountains in the game
>lord of the mountain, giant horse and Zelda's horse
>finding the monster guts merchant
>building an entire fucking town
>solving a big mystery in Kakariko
>finding some surprisingly interesting uses of the common Korok puzzle types
>reading the lore of various landmarks and locations told almost purely through NPC interaction, piecing together the written stuff in Zora's Domain
>finding the hidden armor sets
>taming different normal horses and testing out which ones were the best
>taking pictures for the encyclopedia and riding fucking BEARS
>finding lone NPCs I've never seen before in Hebra

...all within 20 hours? You must be hot shit, then, man.

Okay, but you also said the example doesn't ever happen, and it does. I think you're just being a bit pedantic.

Yeah I was thinking of the shrines more than the beasts. The shrines have some of my favorite puzzles of any zelda game but the divine beasts were medium to low tier in the context of the whole series' dungeons

can you actually remember 3 shrines that weren't shit?

I just started my second playthrough but I'm regretting not starting in Master mode because I didnt get the DLC until after i started

>And by that point you've barely scratched the surface in the amount of shrines and shit there is to find
Literally the next sentence you over-sensitive twat.

>It's the direction the series needed to go in

This x100. OoT formula needs to stay dead. It ran it's course.

Attached: 1548443639769.png (1300x1713, 2.7M)

To be fair, many of the conventions BotW broke began with LttP. OoT merely translated those conventions to 3D.

Attached: bokoblin003.png (874x916, 1.23M)

Ocarina of Time is garbage. I'm glad more people are understanding this.

It's on you if you're too retarded to understand my obvious implication after already covering that example in the first place.
People like you that say things without defense or thorough thought ruin any chance at true discussion and make this and other places actively worse.

>footfag thinks his opinion is relevant

I'm glad for its success but it really underwhelmed me.

It's really not, it's just not amazing either. It's a solid game and a fun experience, nothing more and nothing less.

They cpuld have done some very simple tricks to make this game better without too much effort. There's a huge missed opportunity to just take some areas of the game that are already there and put a fence around them and call them a dungeon. There are easily eight places on the overworld that could have had a text based story and give you a unique medallion and they would be considered fully fleshed out dungeons. In a way if you consider each zone something to beat, then the game works great just as this. The flaws are real but the game can be enjoyed

It's a masterpiece, but masterpiece=/=perfect. There are tons of flaws, but the core of the game is really good

>too many to find
Youre not actually trying to %100 this game are you? Not every game is made for that

On the contrary, I think I'm putting more thought into this than you are. Nothing wrong with giving games a 10/10 even if they weren't literally perfect, because no game is literally perfect. Quibbling over such a minor detail, particularly when it isn't the point in the first place, definitely singles you out as an autistic sperg.

Based boomer

Water is a very bad example seeing as you can skip multiple keys in that dungeon, and the key order is very flexible.

>I don't see how this is comparable in any way
The arguments you used for weapon durability
>Forces you to adapt, use a variety of weapons
Would mean that the food and eating system are flawed and boring, which they are, because they don't force you to adapt and only require the bear minimum to succeed, the apparent thing that weapon durability was supposed to prevent

You know a game is good when every thread has people debating the meaning of perfection

Attached: 1551893044536.png (700x1000, 1.09M)

>Nothing wrong with giving games a 10/10 even if they weren't literally perfect
You still haven't even begun to defend this in the one actual example you've given, you just wrote it off as subjective as an excuse not to explain yourself. Don't bother replying if that's all you have to say.

>reading comprehension

Attached: (you).jpg (3500x4557, 439K)

No i just really enjoyed the time I put into it but didnt get back to it and made up complaints after I forgot to play it for months

I just hate people that think they're on "the winning side of history" or something just because they like the game
Stop being so smug. Nobody is impressed at your opinion.

Real answer: 1) to great a self balancing difficulty scale that prevents you from cheesing the game (for too long) with powerful weapons. And 2) to populate to the vast world with rewards because otherwise it would be nothing but shrines and Koroks.

Nor am I required to explain myself because I'm not actually debating with anyone at this moment. OP asked for an opinion and I gave it.

You're being overly sensitive and working yourself up for no reason. Calm down.

There is definitely a point where you have to be mentally ill to completely reject the game and only look at its flaws. Critique and progress is nice but there are a lot of people who are absolutely SEETHING they only got 20 hours of fun after giving up exploring

And again, you don't have to reply at all if you don't want to, just don't give a half assed one if you're going to.

Great for 25 hours, after that everything you do is just some re-paste of something else you've already done and it becomes immensely boring to play for me.

Not him but you're being a gigantic retard and rejecting very simple premises. It's like youre trying to save face and get the last word by blaming him for responding to your failed attempt to refute his post

Im playing it now and its fun! Just got off the great plateau and am heading to the tower by the big split mountain. Where should I go?

The shrines are too fucking easy, combat shrines are filler trash, Hyrule castle should have been a big ass dungeon, combat is pleb tier and mostly pointless, etc etc

Don't you understand?
The Fact that the game is so perfect is why people are so seething.
And I don't mean that in a console war way
I mean, people were so amazed by it, that once the initial charm wears off and the game begins to run out of things to do, it seems so so much duller than it was when they first played it.
All the little things that annoy people are also blown out of proportion when the rest of the game is so polished and perfect. Like nobody once thought "hey, maybe we shouldn't have weapons with such low durability." or "Maybe the player should not be able to stop time and eat, effectively nullifying all challenge that the game has."
It's like, you would instantly notice a speck of dirt on a 200,000 sportscar, but if there's a scratch on your 14,000 sedan, it's not that big of a deal

Towards the twin peaks. You want to progress the story a bit because it unlocks some good stuff.

The game is not perfect. It’s a fantastic game and a great new step for the franchise but it’s hardly perfect. It has quite a few flaws that could be addressed in the next installments.

>Game is all about freedom.
>Literally only one way to sneak into the gerudo town
>Even the final boss has 3 different entrances.

Attached: 1551467639416.jpg (540x304, 65K)

I'm pretending to like it because I have a pathological hatred of a random japanese businessman

My nigga you get it!
That's all I'm trying to say
It's not perfect and it has flaws that need to be addressed. There's no need to rabidly hate it or defend it until the end of days.
a game can be very good and flawed

Holy fuck I think this is the first time in Yea Forums's history that BOTW was discussed civilly

Attached: wojak.jpg (645x773, 56K)

>It has quite a few flaws that could be addressed in the next installments.
and judging by how nintendo operates, all the problems should be fixed in 2028.

You really are right. The game is all there and the complaints I see are mostly the same stages of greif anyone experiences when they have to cope with getting used to a great thing
Other tban that its just genuine brainstoeming if where to go from here. I for one think they should just Majora's Mask it and build an alternate game with old assets

It’s held me longer than red dead.

Literally got home from work and playing it now.

I also prefer it to Skyrim. I truely feel like I’m adventuring and discovering things.

It’s surprisingly good.

>rejecting very simple premises
I'm not going to bother restating my argument if it's not going to get debated on in the first place.
If you have something in specific to refute about what I said, then actually say that instead of parroting him.

Okay but I thibk Im gonna climb those mountain before I go through them

Thats fucking retarded when it has been out since fucking wii u also retarded that wii u ports are fucking 60 dollars, man i fucking hate nintendo now wtf fucking ching chang jews

Great foundation. Kind of lacking in content and how it handles the final boss and quests, among a few other things.

I'm hoping the next big Zelda game uses its engine and builds on what's already there.

Solid 95/100 but it has it's flaws.
Great game put about 200 hours in.

Sadly this is the real problem. They should literally have alreasy had a sequel out

Win U port is a retarded and irrelevent argument. Its only understandable for people who got it on Wii U first such as myself but its completely dishonest for anyone trying to disqualify the game now

It's pretty good. I have complaints about progression and the quality of the dungeons, but it's good for what it is. Honestly more excited about Link's Awakening than I ever was about BOTW.

Perfectly said. If they beef up enemy variety and rebalance weapon deterioration I think it will be just about perfect.

I think adding a stronger narrative/longform dungeons could be good - but should be secondary.

WW had terrible exploration incentives. Massive empty ocean between islands and very little to do while sailing. Some islands had sections blocked off by item requirements (e.g. need hookshot)

Collectively all the villages/NPC population felt comparable to past titles. Compared to SS or WW, how many NPC's did those titles have in comparison?

Solid 8.5/10. Not quite up there with OoT, MM, LA, and ALttP but in the tier right below them along with the Oracle games and ALBW.

This post is rather pathetic. You just seem to be unwilling to accept that many people find the game to be heavily flawed.

That’s the spirit. There’s some nice goodies around there.

>unwilling to accept that many people find the game to be heavily flawed.
What even is this fucking board dude.
Did you even read the post?
I literally say that the game is flawed and imperfect.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (960x960, 1.21M)

Fun to dick around in the world but the lack of true dungeons and underwhelming boss fights prevent this from being a masterpiece. Also has arguably less soul compared to big bois like OoT, MM, ALttP and LA

I've been playing through it again for the first time since launch, and I think it holds up tremendously. It's probably my favorite game of the generation so far.

You heavily downplayed the flaws as being just "little things" Don't play dumb.
>when the rest of the game is so polished and perfect
And what I'm saying is you are unwilling to accept that many people did not find the rest of the game to be "So polished and perfect" as you did.

>The arguments you used for weapon durability
Are still not comparable in any way because you are expected to cycle one weapon for another while you are expected to collect ingredients to make foodstuffs. The challenge with food is the food effects, since you cannot have more than 1 at a time without using specific armor pieces. So if you want to have Attack+3 for 30 minutes to minimize durability loss, then you are sacrificing a potential Speed+3 or Defense+3, or Heat/Cold Res. You must make your choice there and accommodate for what you didn't choose, so fighting enemies that you aren't used to or throw off your timing will fuck you over if they suddenly deal more damage than you can withstand at the time. And seriously
>Baked apples
Did you play more than 10 minutes of the game? Baked apples are shite and there's plenty better free max healing items.

>because they don't force you to adapt and only require the bear minimum to succeed
You know what I ate in the Master Mode Trial of the Sword levels? Wood. I cut down all the trees, and cooked the wood and ate it for one free full heal. And sometimes that wasn't even enough because I'd end up dying to something else further on.

Must play. When will Yea Forums make a Fun Tier meta chart/list for ways you can play this game?

Ah I see. My bad for over-reacting.

Attached: gecko wink.jpg (1024x897, 170K)

What I find most baffling about the food mechanic is that it's literally more efficient to stay at 3 hearts
There is literally NO REASON to go above 3 hearts, and here's why:
>Bullshit "last stand" mechanic
>If you're at full HP, you cannot get oneshot, except by falling.
>baked apples heal 1 heart
>it only takes 3 to get you back to the "Last Stand" threshold.
It's more efficient to run 3 hearts than 20+

Attached: Rage_face1.png (409x258, 8K)

How's the weapon durability in this game? Is it "you can never use a weapon for even an hour without it breaking" tier, or can I moderately use weapons for a good period of time?

Attached: 300px-Plimage.jpg (300x370, 14K)

For a lot of people its flaws are minor, yes.

>Bullshit "last stand" mechanic
Excuse me, what? Are we playing the same game or did you install some funky mod? There is no Undershirt, no "last stand" in the game. If you have only 3 hearts and take a Guardian beam to the face you are dead on the spot if you don't have a fairy or Mipha's Grace active.

Dumbass you can still be one-shot if the attack deals 5 hearts more than your max.
Also there's a lot of ways that you can get fucked over doing that even when it works, like elemental attacks or rolling down a hill.

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75065082\
reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6m1pw0/psa_onehit_protection_is_gone_in_master_mode/

Okay it looks like we both learned something today, It's not 100% of the time triggered, in fact it's unknown what triggers it. It seems that bosses and guardian lasers pierce it. It's also disabled on master mode

I liked it until a YouTuber made an hour-long analysis video that said the game was good in spite of my favorite part not because of it and now I hate it.

Nintendo doesn't do price drops. They make one, maybe two Zelda games per console and know that the Zelda games are must buys. They have no reason to drop the price because you'll buy it at $60. People don't like to trade in Nintendo games either so there isn't much of a used market to pressure them into lowering the price.
You get your price drop half-way into the console's lifespan when it gets a re-release as a greatest hits version.

it unironically runs at 20 fps WITH HICCUPS consolefags are fucking insufferable

>Okay it looks like we both learned something today
I will agree to this, I did not know that this was a thing and that only occurred sometimes, or that it was disabled on Master Mode at all because I never noticed it and just suffered the deaths.

try a few minutes but it’s really a non issue with all the weapons everywhere

I paid $150 for this game and its DLC

Its a B
Ambitious and heavily flawed.
The freedom to play at the pace you want is hugely refreshing. The world design actually does wanders at encouraging exploration. It rewards players that choose to be creative in their approach to playing the game.
The switch's limited hardware severely holds back this games potential. The world is too empty, so much to the point it would be a much better game if the world was 30% smaller.
It lacks elements that should be standard for a Zelda game. Shrines are not an adequate replacement for dungeons.
The durability system is worst implementation of system like this I've ever seen. You can not give me breakable weapons and not give me any means to repair them. That is bad design.
Rain, they want you to lite a fire and wait but the option to do this almost non existent and places you think would shelter the fire often don't. Making the wait mechanic almost useless.
You can fix the eating mechanic by simply forcing an animation out of the menu when eating leaving me vulnerable to attack. this way I have to prepare food instead eating 50 apples.

It’s a great game but not as mind blowing-ly good as the fans are making it out to be. Like god forbids you point out some of the SLIGHT flaws before the fans goes rabid.

See this is what I'm talking about. BOTWfags cannot emotionally handle that people have differing opinions from theirs. Its quite sad.

Absolutely magical for the first couple hours. Then I realized I had seen everything in the game already because all the enemies and dungeons are the same

Today, I will remind them that everyday we are getting closer and closer to a feature-complete shrine editor for BotW.

Attached: ice-spear.png (1456x937, 245K)

It's decent enough, would have been a much better game if they reigned in the open world meme a bit and had actual content though.

>Burst through door in shrine
>Stand next to a chest
>Then Stand next to a statue
>|_

What was your favorite part?

There are threads where this is appropriate. This is not one of them. Learn your place if you want to be accepted in life.

do you think you're funny? I bet you T-posed in your schools bathroom one time too

Guys, I want to like this game. I really do. But it feels, for lack of a non-meme term, "soulless" and incredibly boring. I liked Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, even Twilight Princess. How can I like this one?

>open world
>crafting
>weapon durability
>Nintendo
didn’t even play it and I know it’s shit

Be autistic and explore then hope you find some of the few pieces of actual content in the game.
That's what I did at least.

And did you end up enjoying it? I HATE the weapon durability and find pretty much only the shrines to be fun

I've had it since launch and have yet to play it.

Eh, more or less. I was pretty upset that there were no dungeons, combat, or music but once I just tried to distance myself from thinking of it as a zelda game it wasn't that bad. The shrines, the lost woods, and hyrule castle were definitely the best parts of the game though.

oh but yea weapon durability is turbo cancer. i legitimately cannot understand how anyone can like the combat in botw, on any level

I love exploring in games and BOTW gave me that, I also like the comfy world aesthetics.

let me laugh at stupid shit while I still have a will to live

Attached: Itachi Wilde.png (595x856, 65K)

I feel like they knew about the frame drops in the forest for a while and said fuck it because it doesn't happen during an action based area.

>he directed fucking Mario Sunshine
Based

DO NOT USE THE UBISOFT TOWERS TO CLEAR THE MAP
it makes the game painfully easy and removes all of the mystery.
Unlike in ubisoft games, where having the map exposed is required for certain missions, you can go the whole game without getting a single tower.
Icons, Shrines, Towns and everything still show up. The towers only reveal the terrain.

horses are pretty useful if you buy the dlc and get the ancient horse armor ;)

Really good.
I can spend hours just walking around and doing nothing in that game and I don't feel bored at all.

Did people really think this game has no music, because the subdued expressionism was great

It's a little unfocused for a Zelda game, but I'm having a good time whenever I play it.

Quite unlike Skyward Sword, which actively angered me for a handful of reasons.

Best gril

That may be the best way to do it, it seems...

Yeah, really....

Am I supposed to find the shrine by stumbling upon them? Usually I love exploring but I find that just exploring in this game is boring

the game has incredibly little music and what little music it does have is just rips from previous games
stable music is obvious
zora realm is just zora realm
bird people was dragonroost island

adding on to this, most people say the best song in the soundtrack is Hyrule Castle but that's four classic songs stitched together

The ubisoft towers only reveal the physical, geographical terrain. You can still use the full funcionality of the map, including fast travel and tagging shrines.
It only ruins the mystery of the world by making you realize just how tiny the overworld is.

there's a handful that are hidden beneath a cave in a waterfall behind 2 bushes and a moblin but most of them are more or less fine in terms of finding them, and the actual exploration is pretty decent for a while
right that too
the size of the world wasn't the issue, it was plenty large

I feel like I would end up taking too long to explore and get bored out of my mind this way. Exploring in this game so far has been surprisingly boring to me.

I hope the exploration gets more fun. I'm probably not far in the game and it's painful.

>the size of the world wasn't the issue, it was plenty large
Let me re-state myself
While the areas are huge, the number of distinct environments is limited, so the world is expansive, but there's only 10 or so areas to explore that are different from eachother.
When you can see the whole map at once it really brings that into sharp focus

That actually wasn't really a problem for me, the game has a lot of faults but I don't think its size/exploration/environments/etc was one of them, I thought that was pretty well-realized.

I think I just hit a block with it. I started the game and ran around, climbing everything I could, marking points that looked interesting and exploring all I could find. Then I just hit a point where it seemed so utterly pointless. I was looking at large hills or a mountain range and just thought "Nothing but a seed up there, why bother". The views became stale and there seemed to be little point in exploring further. I'd played for 10 hours and felt like the game couldn't throw me anything new to discover...since there really wasn't anything to discover in the first place.

How are there hours of musics from the game available on YouTube if it has "incredibly little" music?

And since when was Zelda msic NOT mostly recompositions of older tracks and motifs?

Almost every enemy is humanoid in order to carry weapons you can take. As you progress in the game, the weapons you find will have higher durability and be stronger in general, being held by more powerful foes. Basically sums it up.

>many people
>heavily flawed

Who are these many people?

You and your imaginary friends?

It has flaws, but dude, you needa back that ass up.

>And since when was Zelda msic NOT mostly recompositions of older tracks and motifs?
almost every game before botw? dragon roost isn't a remix of something, nor is 95% of the music in most zelda games
the shrine music was ok ambiance but that's about it

Noone is impressed with you NOT liking something as well though.

Can you use terrain/objects from outside the shrines? At the very least something like the Trials of the Sword dungeon?
I don't want to make/play even more Sheikah shrines.

LITTLE
BROWN
GIRLS

At least Nintendo delivers on what matters.
Even if most of the girls in BotW embodied tropes that felt a little too worn out for my tastes.

>nor is 95% of the music in most zelda games

That's a straight up lie though.

I didn't like how the Master Sword was treated like a piece of junk in the game. You can only use its full power at all times by buying fucking DLC.

It's not though.
youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU
The entire game barely feels like it's got any connection to the series at all. I get they wanted to do an open world meme and make it more like the original but the original had dungeons so I don't know what the fuck happened there.

>It's not though.

It is though.

Ok well you're not going to give any proof to the contrary so we're done here.

It's a shit sword anyway.

And I never understood why part of the fandom has a boner for the fucking sword of all things in the first place.

Well you're not going to back up your statement, so why would I. It's not like we have to agree.

Have a good one, user.

If exploring the world isn't your thing, go finish up the game by bumrushing Hyrule Castle.

>You're not going to back up your statement
I posted the forest temple music from oot, which was an original piece, as is the majority of the music in the series.
Please bring up a counterpoint.

Truly suffers from not having temples, good game overall

medium.com/@vargass/why-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-most-important-game-of-the-generation-448549439c08

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windcatcher

It starts out good and is pretty fun overall. but, as you get stronger and make enemies trivial, it starts to lose it's appeal. It is also more of a sandbox than other games, thus it feels like you don't need to finish it to get the full experience. I played it for a long time, got about 70 shrines, finished 1 dungeon, and then dropped it. I might pick it up later, but i feel no need to do so.

You're not backing up your statement that "95% of music in >>>most

Man, if that was the primary issue with that fucking house, I'd be happy.

Why would you expect to play an old concept illustration?

Amazing. Reinvigorated my love for videogames. Redefined open worlds. I've played through so many Ubisoft open worlds and Witcher 3 and Skyrim and yet any time I say "Breath of the Wild completely outshines them" I get told I haven't played any other open worlds.
It's the first game since World of Warcraft Vanilla that made me feel like "Yeah, I'm going on an adventure". This was seriously a feeling I never thought I'd be able to feel again.

Attached: 1534496483692.jpg (1920x1090, 593K)

For me personally it was the first open world game I looked at and WANTED to play.

So while I don't know if it outshine Ubi's games, I know I won't ever find out.

>what little music it does have is just rips from previous games
youtube.com/watch?v=R7iHLycHLic
youtube.com/watch?v=4iumX1cNtSI
youtube.com/watch?v=CRVCyHzAtdY
youtube.com/watch?v=FifGMifUfW8
youtube.com/watch?v=pNUQBPHpl6g
youtube.com/watch?v=Z96gU4z6av4
youtube.com/watch?v=SqhZbK6RI8g
youtube.com/watch?v=gaaLWh-5Esc
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbeze8aDk34

Attached: _ ____ ____!.gif (320x240, 3.74M)

It's clear that a lot of people who try to talk about this game never played it. You see so much utter nonsense posted about it. One guy above says you see everything the game has to offer in 20 hours. Are you speedrunning this shit? I am 110 hours in and still have never gone in two entire zones. I mean fuck it took me like 12 hours to do the great plateau alone. Even if you rushed your ass off I'm confident it would take at least 50 hours to see most of the unique content.

only loz i have ever enjoyed
nothing spectacular, but enjoyable

Oh yea I almost forgot the monk fight had really good music. That's something at least.

Yeah its pretty much the best adventure game I've played in years.

Starts great (since it took a 180 turn from the zelda trend), the golem that attacks you right after leaving the first zone was a big suprise. Reaching your first "safe zone" is pretty nice.
Once you reach the first town, thats were the game died for me, everything was repetitive as fuck, shitty lifeless towns that didnt have the structure of one. Nothing much to do in them, the puzzle dungeons sucked so bad, who tf thought it would be a good idea to solve like 50 puzzle in a zelda game with the same repetitive music + dungeons and bosses felt so uninspired.
The music was god awful, idr any of it, just random piano notes.
Too much walking with just random mobs every now and then, didnt even feel like exploring the whole map.

Not even top 3 zelda ever, i bought a wiiu for that, it collected dust for 3 years, zelda came out, played/beat it in 1 week, never touch it again, started collecting dust, sold it last year.

Skyward was bad, the new homo zelda for 3ds was bad and the upcoming one looks like a college student ue4 project. Im no nostalgia fag but i hope the next big zelda is as good as mm/oot/tp

Don't do this, man.
It usually kicks off an argument about what "unique" means, and how something built out of similar assets, or textures you've seen before, or it contains gameplay/enemies/weapons/character rigs you've seen before, then it isn't unique, and then it's uninteresting, worthless, or sumsuch.

But the different zones don't even use similar assets, texture or game design and there's no fucking way you're seeing every zone in 20 hours. Before you open up shrines to teleport it takes so long to go between areas.

Man, I feel this comment so hard :(

Someone save me from feeling this way

I hope you learned not to buy a console for a game that isn't released yet.

Because she only exists in cutscenes

because there's barely any characters in botw and botw zelda is one of the worst in the franchise

Happened to me with the final boss in smyward sword. I didnt know you should hold up the sword to get thunder. I just parry the pseudo ganon and striked him twice after every parry.

Oh I know. I enjoyed the travelling immensely.

>Nice music, but not quite up to the level of past 3D Zeldas
>Boring open world gimmick with too much empty space (muh minimalist aesthetic)
>Little enemy variety
>Combat itself is good, but interesting battle scenarios are too sparse and weapon durability is stupid
It's better than Skyward Sword as far as 3D Zeldas go, but it doesn't quite scratch the Zelda itch for me, and isn't as deep or rich as other open world action games.

The issue is that they is A TON of characters in BotW though.

So many that any concise effort to make some of them stand out and be meaningful to Link's journey was thwarted.

This being said, I'm sure the next 3D Zelda will be somewhere in between the openness and emptiness of BotW and the linearity/meatiness of past games. Could be the best 3D Zelda yet if they pace it more like LTTP

>other open world action games.

As BotW is legitimately the only modern open world game I've been playing, I'd like to get a few recommendations in this regard.

Hits it straight out of the park but could still have been better.
-Full Dungeons
-Harder enemies
-Better boss design
that’s about it imo

There had to be a lot of empty space, it's a post apocalyptic world. 99% of humanity and civilization was blown the fuck out by the robot army.

The most exciting thing about BOTW is that I played it, absolutely loved it and have it in my top 10, then realized that it's a heavily flawed that can easily be improved upon. If Nintendo sit down and really look at what BOTW succeeded and failed at, we could get something truly beyond GOAT as the sequel.

I do agree with what Matthewmatosis said though - they need to nerf climbing and gliding. Design the overworld map more like the path to Zora's Domain/Yiga clan hideout/Eventide Island/Lost Woods/Pitch Black Area. The best parts of the game are funny enough the parts where you're railroaded into a scenario.

>There had to be a lot of empty space, it's a post apocalyptic world. 99% of humanity and civilization was blown the fuck out by the robot army.
really it seems like the only place that was affected was the city around hyrule and then a handful of inner cities

Because it's been like a hundred years I believe. Everything was retaken by nature. What you will notice is that all the civilization still standing is hidden way out in the boonies surrounded by mountains. Anywhere the robots could get to was obliterated.

There are ruins of villages all over the maps, but sure, it doesn't look all that dramatic. Was a hundred years ago, however.

maybe for the humans but the other 3 civs don't seem to have been affected pretty much at all

The game is great. Except for the dungeons. Really lame

not really the mapping. Link's movement really. I really hate that slow saunter that characters have in games like RDR or the Ass Creed series.

Dude, finally someone who gets it. If I bring that up here, I always get,
>stronger weapons pop up all the time, why do you care?
They NEVER get that I want to rock the Gerudo's Dagger because it's cool af.

They were definitely effected to some degree. I remember one of the zora slates talked about a guardian fucking their shit up.

Why does OOT controls look so much like Croc 2

My opinion is that a Nintendo Switch costs $500 and I'd rather spend my NEETbux on wine and junk food and pirate games on PC

I actually really like how the tone of this game was handled. Most games with a post apocalyptic setting get super depressing about it but realistically a hundred years after the apolyptic event people shouldn't still be moping about it. There's just a tinge of despair to the characters in the game without being melodramatic. While things suck they are just trying to live normal lives as best as they can.

Must be a very good game since folks can't seem to not have a single thread not bringing it up.

It is a good game but I am a bit too old to really consider any new game I will ever play now to be considered special

The Zoras have been experiencing unending rain for a while when the game starts, and back during the war their fucking heir to the throne was killed. So there's that.

They all lost their greatest champions, and the roads connecting their realms were made dangerous enough for societies to grow insulate and stagnant for a full century.

>The Zoras have been experiencing unending rain for a while when the game starts
that still never made any sense
they lived in the water

In that regard, I was surprised when I got it at launch to find that I really felt it was something special.

I was 31 and thought it couldn't possibly live up to the sensation that OoT conjured, of playing something that really felt new and different. But it achieved that for me.

I think a dam was gonna break and flood everything in the kingdom.

Yeah, wouldn't they be... happy about that?

>[Definition]
>titleIds = 00050000101C9300,00050000101C9400,00050000101C9500
>name = "DisableHealthRegen"
>path = "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild/Mods/DisableHealthRegen"
>description = Disables Health Regeneration For Master Mode.
>version = 3

BOTW is now the greatest game of all time. You're welcome.

too much inventory bullshit

Attached: 3.png (246x238, 115K)

Never played Master Mode.

Does it really have health regen?

>he can't attack fast enough
>he can't into flame arrows

Only certain enemies.

Maybe try looking at the thread?

you see everything it has to offer 5 hours in

The thread overwhelmingly consists of people that enjoyed the game. Not people claiming it to be heavily flawed.

Some say the shrines/beasts are lame compared to the temples of yore. But that is not the same as claiming the game to be "heavily flawed".

Mipha is the best waifu

That isn't your honest opinion, user.

It can still be heavily flawed and have people enjoy it though.
I don't think it was ""heavily"" flawed but it its flaws were certainly very prominent, though for the most part the game was still enjoyable, just not really much like a zelda game.

Ganon and other bosses recover health for free while invulnerable

>specially in ALttP where all the dungeons looked exactly the same and you did very little progression on the overworld

This is a specific weakness of LttP and why I don't regard it particularly highly.

It's such a shame that master mode is such a shitshow.
>no one-hit protection
>gold lynels
>archers on flying platforms
>guardians will randomly delay their lasers
But nope, they completely fuck it up by having the tier-up shit, having golden trash mobs which just become weapon sponges and on top of that giving them regenerating health,
Fucking why.

I don't remember that. They were red when I played, with maybe one blue occascionally. Never even saw a golden faggot.

A lot of room for improvement but still the most enjoyment I've had from an open world game

Then use stasis on them so that they rarely do that.

>>guardians will randomly delay their lasers

This is such a great decision that makes them so much more tense to fight.

Love it, completed the game 8 times. Can't wait for the next game.

I try not to fuck with them in general. They're scary. Probably the #1 reason I would never even contemplate a No Teleport run.

Attached: Sniperfags BTFO.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

I enjoyed my time with it. Still don't understand why even 2 years later Yea Forums is intimidated by it.

Fucking fantastic, honestly one of the best games in recent years. However, it's not perfect, but the issues are mostly just lack of variety (in weapons, enemies, dungeon designs etc), which can be easily fixed and makes me very excited for the next one. If they manage to keep everything that made BotW good and fix its few shortcomings it could very well be one of the best games of all time.

People endlesly trying to justify their shitty decisions in life + Ego culture.

We can certainly agree about that much.

Ah, alright, I thought for a moment that Link would have health regen, which sounded really strange.

I don't know, the flaws are pretty standard and usually a concession or something good. Skyward Sword is a game I'd call flawed. Like there are no underground segments in BOTW because that's where the shrines are supposed to be with their infinite pits, but there's literally no reason you can't skip text faster in Skyward Sword.

Yeah, and the turrets at Ganon's Castle can even shoot up to three times in a row, maybe even more, but that's just what I've witnessed.

Oh no yea SS is garbage, botw isn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination it just could have been a lot better.

I loved SS. It had both the highest peaks and the lowest points, which I def. prefer to a completely mediocre experience.

really fucking good

Attached: mipha.jpg (1150x1600, 219K)

How do I fight the spear moblins? I swear these things are tougher than Ganon himself. The last boss should've just been a moblin with a spear.

Attached: 175px-Moblin.jpg (175x175, 7K)

shoot them in the head
then beat them when they're ragdolling on the ground

Fun, but I hope the next game has more content.
Whether this means post-release DLC that adds whole new zones to explore (instead of a bunch of shitty shrines), significantly more quests and meaningful progression content in the base game, or something equivalent to a B route in Resident Evil where you get to play as Zelda to mix things up and journey through the same world but with different objectives and a tweaked playstyle.

I also hope that it takes them less than 6 years to put it out, because I'll be 30 when it does otherwise.

Attached: 1506336098461.jpg (768x1560, 225K)

Greatest game of all time. That's why I'm so excited for the next 3D Zelda game

Links Awakening?

It's a masterpiece. Room for improvement of course but still one of the best takes on the open world genre ever.

Like most people say it's biggest problem is a lack of variety. The game has 100+ hours worth of content on a first playthrough but after 20 or so hours you start to feel like you're just repeating the same actions. Even though you're going to new areas, only occasionally will you stumble across anything that feels totally fresh, but the game is fun enough just on a basic level that it's worth it to keep going and see it all.

I also personally disliked the game's half-baked attempts at rpg-style progression, where it gradually increases the strength of weapons/armour but also the strength of monsters. In the end the enemies fight the same way and the weapons attack the same way so all that happens is the enemies take longer to kill. It is annoying and just incentivizes you to avoid combat since getting into fights just needlessly burns weapons when all you get in return is more weapons and some rupees you don't need.

while not all dungeons were that fun, they were really memorable and added a nice rhythm to the game. they were big landmarks on the map and made the world more exiting.

botw suffers from skyrim syndrome. you can go anywhere at anytime, but none of the locations feel bigger and more important than the others. you don't feel like: "I finally made it here!" since you could do anything after great plateau

THIS SO MUCH. I enjoyed it but I'm no seeing where all of this 10/10 GOAT shit is coming from. It's a zelda game with a lot of the pitfalls you'll find in other open world games but it somehow gets a pass because of muh ninty. I think they've established a decent foundation but it needs more variety and less tedious busywork.

masterpiece

Linkle's ancient armor makes me want to play the game using ancient items only, but the lynel outfit is also cute.

Ditto.
It's a shame there were no optional Runes that could cast offensive magic.

Attached: 1506335933655.jpg (1052x699, 150K)

Great oversimplification there.
Why not ask why people enjoy playing video games in general? Twiddling little sticks around and tapping bits of plastic seems like a stupid way to spend multiple hours a day.

the motorcycle is the most fun thing in any Zelda game, and it makes me sad to see that no one ever talks about it. I wish it was in the base game as a quest item for the Akkala tech lab and cost like 5000 rupees or something, it's really shitty that they don't give it to you until the only thing left to do is fight Ganon

Not the same guy, but SS how enjoyable aspects to it for me, but they were far outweighed by aggravating intrusive design choices. Playing it for just ten minutes at a time somehow infuriated me, and it took me several years to complete it.

Absolutely. It should've been integrated properly. As it stands, it's an afterthought for the select few, no matter how cool it is.

Great, in the top three of 3D Zeldas in my personal opinion

Only three glaring major flaws I can really think of

1) Lack of memorable music, as great as Hateno Village is and a few other choices there's not too many significant tracks despite the obvious focus on solitary ambiance

2) The Dungeons fucking sucked. The first one you do is a novel idea with moving parts but the other three are just a different flavor of the same concept. All the bosses looked the same and all the dungeons were essentially the same.
3) The ending fucking sucked too. Hyrule Castle itself was a blast to explore but both phases of the Ganon fight were boring and easy. Leading to a boring abrupt end.

But despite these qualms it was a legitimately fun game. Exploring was ACTUALLY fun which is becoming more difficult in open world games these days and it really was a blast of an experience

Attached: tumblr_olwvl127Vu1r0hpzko1_540.png (540x525, 433K)

>Th-the thread is overwhelmingly positive!!! Nobody is saying the game is flawed!!

>the motorcycle is the most fun thing in any Zelda game, and it makes me sad to see that no one ever talks about it.
That's because it's pointless. By the time you obtain it you've already done everything else the game has to offer already. The only thing to do is take a victory lap of Hyrule before you go squish Ganon, as you said. Making it the equivalent of Mewtwo in Gen 1 Pokemon.

There should be a NG+ option that gives you the cycle from the start. Alternatively it should have been given to you BEFORE doing all that inane bullshit running around to find the shrines that unlock the hidden/final divine beast.

I restarted the other day and got all the guardians out the way. Now I have the bike and am crossing off the remajning 60 shrines I have and prettt much all the side quests, plus tons of the map untouched.

It feels worth it but it was a slog to get to this point, NGplus is a must next time.

It's the best Ubisoft sandbox ever made.