So was this guy at least paid?

Like yeah I mean what did he did for a living? Was 50 blessings at least giving him pizza money?

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-152113_WhatsApp.jpg (1080x1920, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWfa2ouQooI
youtu.be/gpbrwGCbSqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty sure he was actually the pizza boy.

No joke? Why?

Veterans benefit?
Who knows. His apartment couldn't have been that much and he ate cheap.

he was hypnotized, so probably not

Hmmm, that could be a possibility. But again this guy was part of a crack military unit so merc jobs do kind of make sense. I mean maaaaybe Jacket is "patriotic" enough to massacre gopniks left and right but I like to think that they may have paid him. Kinda helps my "immersion" a bit.

He wasn't hypnotized, just brainwashed paranoid ex-military with tons of trauma from the things that he went through.

He willingly killed the people as it gave him a way to say peace to Beard.
50 blessings only enabled him to do it

I think the implication was that any time you got a pizza for free or a VHS recommended to you, it was filled with cash or something.

Daaaamn, man. That's fucked up. Does make sense, I guess.

Only because he fell for the anti-commie propaganda 50 Blessings was disseminating, that along with the war trauma was enough motivation to do the killing.

YEAH! That's exactly what I thought. But it doesn't really explain why he sees them as beard everytime. The "I had a feeling you were on your way" gave me that idea

Nah. They didnt pay Jake, Richter, Biker or any of the other operatives and 50 blessings is immensely patriotic, they rely on patriotism (and threats of violence) not money to fuel their agents.
Interestingly, the Fans in the sequel are all mentioned to have day jobs except for Tony. While Richter is specifically mentioned by his mom to have been unable to find work. In the comics Jake also received the package with his mask the day after quitting his job to attend a patriotic rally.

Those sections with beard aren't real. It's part of his coma dream.

Attached: artbook5.jpg (2338x1700, 486K)

There's a comic? Cool. And well shit that does sound like an awful deal. They could have been nicer to those fuckers someway. Anyhow right now HLM is one of the best games I've played so far. Can't wait to get 2!

>Speed readers and normalfags will call this character based even though his ending is a revenge fantasy where he kills the exact opposite people responsible with what happened to him

At least he wasn't as big of a cuck as biker ended up being

Yeah, I feel for him. Did he used drugs by any chance? Idk why I feel it's somewhat implied on the game's vibe and shit.

In my personal opinion 2 is the perfect sequel to 1. Not everyone agrees because it is a bit of different and a lot harder. But it's still in my top 8 games. The little stories hidden through details is amazing.
Also yeah there's a comic free on steam which adds a bit of context to some characters.

Attached: mom.png (702x517, 113K)

The entire series feels like one giant fever dream, it's probably in part with how vague most of the story is delivered. There's a pretty comprehensive video on youtube that covers most of the events of the games chronologically. I was surprised going back how many details I missed or stuff that was just optional in HM2. It's probably worth a look if you're interested in it

Lol idk any of those other guys but I'll start 2 tomorrow

What's the name of it?

I know they all get fucked though

It's pretty lengthy but I remember it being a comfy watch when I saw it at like 4AM a couple of months ago. It's really spoiler heavy and wouldn't recommend watching it if you haven't played HM2 yet. Especially since the majority of the series plot revolves around HM2 anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWfa2ouQooI

Just a warning by the way, the second game gets decently hard midway in and searching areas ahead of you becomes almost mandatory near the endgame. I'm pretty confident the devs made it with the intent that you've already beaten the first one going in so there's not really any tutorial tier stages in the game outside of the first two or three

You'll learn to love them. Especially Manny Pardo, ace detective. He's the real highlight of Hotline Miami 2 as you join in him his quest to catch the devishly nefarious Miami Mutilator responsible for no less then half a dozen brutal killings and without leaving a hint of evidence. Sounds scary right? Well dont worry. Even with the chief riding his ass the cunningly handsome cop will have him brought to justice in no time along with any other jacket jackoff or thug looking for their 5 minutes of fame.

Attached: manny.png (700x490, 345K)

Yeah, I had heard that is way harder than the first

Is Jacket dead though? Im kinda fond of him

In HM2 he is on trial and only appears in a couple cutscenes.
All but 2 (Jake and Pig) of the characters you play as are tied to him, either being part of his past or living a life directly influenced by his actions in the 1st game. Most obvious being the Fans. Who get the most levels and emulate his actions, idolizing him as a hero and attacking criminals in animal masks.

Attached: hotline miami fans comic.jpg (465x517, 74K)

Everybody dies.

It's not a complete casual filter but expect to be stuck retrying later levels a lot before you actually beat them. It's best to do a couple stages at a time, you get burnt out really easily if you try doing them in one or two sittings like other games

>around starts playing

Attached: 1544070907756.png (632x852, 47K)

Spoilers dude.

Is the second one worth buying

>blizzard starts playing

Attached: smile.gif (194x172, 646K)

Yeah. Devolver published it but the two devs still deserve money. Unless you are in Australia. If you are in Australia they encouraged you to pirate it.

What was with the warning in the second game about scenes of rape? After I completed a stage and looked at every blood bath I went "Well at least no one got raped."

>Devolver published it but the devs still deserve the money

Sorry for mini-autismo but is there something I'm missing here? Is Devolver shit now or something? What do you mean by still deserve it?

It only applies to one scene in the game very early on, and that's about it if I recall correctly.

It's more Hotline Miami, its worth buying.

Devovler isnt bad. But if it was self-published like a few other indie games the devs would take home the biggest profit. Obviously there is a feeling of safety by being backed by a big company like Devolver.

Sector X soon brothers, this next E3 might be the one to finally break the silence.

Do you think they'll slide a HM reference in there?

Attached: 1500932797536.jpg (783x1021, 83K)

The fuck's sector X?

>it was all 50 blessings propaganda
Yeah losing a war and wanting revenge had nothing to do with it

Dennaton's next game. Looks like it's gonna be a Terminator-styled side-scrolling shooter like Contra with bits of Castlevania 2 in it.

the next magnum opus from the Dennaton lads

youtu.be/gpbrwGCbSqg

Attached: 1476578049578.png (1024x731, 282K)

>dust starts playing

I'm still mad

Attached: NEVER EVER.jpg (480x360, 18K)

What's that?

A fan made sequel to HM2 that acted as an unofficial HM3.

It would've had new features, more weapons and a new campaign, but it was all scrapped and turned into a Persona wannabe.

Wasn't Tony the tatoo guy that you see after Jake's first mission?

Taking the money off the pockets of the 50 or so people he kills every day probably adds up

I hope the fuck he does

There were two tiger masked men in miami.
In 1989 a tiger masked man likely named Tony was a 50 blessings operative who ended up kidnapped and is found dead in the Tension level of the first game.
In 1991 there is another Tony wearing a tiger mask which he claims was from Jacket (but considering how damaged it is, it's likely from the first tony). He and his friends idolize Jacket. Though he's just in it for the violence after seeing his friends die (even showing that he truly does care about more then violence by cradling Corey's head as she bleeds out) Tony realizes the futility of violence and gives up. Only for Manny to shoot him in the head because he wants all the media attention for himself.
I highly doubt the theory that the Tiger masked man from Tension was the tattoo artist Jake visited. Jake called him a "Russian asshole" and 50 blessings would never hire a Russian. It's also a very weak theory based solely off the fact the Tattoo artist's next open appointment is the same date as Tension.

The 2nd Tony has the coolest mask in the series imo

Attached: Tony poster.png (667x1000, 649K)

Jacket didnt know about 50 blessings, he thought he was taking orders from the russian mafia because hes retarded

that is, he doesnt know 50 blessings are behind the phone calls

Lol what a twat

Man I hate the Richter levels in HM2.

Why?

mfw retards think this entire game was a dream

actually kill yourselves

kill yourself dude

Care to elaborate?

what is there to elaborate on you moron

there are people online that think the entire story never happened and is just a dream

no need to be rude

yes there is a need for it, your shitty headcanons are total cringe, go make up some headcanons about mass effect or something instead

??? there's a 50 blessings pamphlet in his apartment at one point

no need to be rude

Where's my HM movie starring Ryan Gosling

With that kind of rep you don't need to pay for shit.

Who knows, but I doubt it

kys

It wasn't a dream but I'd go as far as saying things leading up to the hospital didn't pan out exactly as they were shown, especially since it turns out Jacket only severely injured biker instead of outright killing him
Speaking of, I'd go as far as saying the van driver you torture was jacket's conscience venting it's rage for Richter, since the van guy and Richter have the same face and it does that static cut effect it does when things get more surreal, like when biker's dead body is in beards store.

I want arms as big as Tony's
They're fucking huge

shut up fucking retard go make a creepypasta

I can't, I'm too busy waiting for /hmg/ to come back

Every single thing that came out of Richter's mom's mouth made me tear up. Richter was too pure for this world.

>implying you need propaganda to want commies dead

He's not dead, he's in prison on trial.

never will and you're not a fan if you genuinely think the game is LE DREAM TWIST

user I have some bad news for you.

he literally is incarcerated in hm2 retard

Put a gun up to your head and pull the trigger

Don't spoil it dickhead

Did you even finish the game?

>daisuke starts playing

Attached: 1528910947483.png (1014x582, 655K)

yes? just because LE NUKES LOOOL doesn't mean he isn't incarcerated
stupid redditfag, hm2 sucked

wait when did it ever imply that Alex and Ash fucked?

>He's not dead, he's in prison on trial.
You can break this down into three statements. I only have issue with one of them.

The entire game is clearly not a dream because otherwise how the fuck would other people know about it?

he died at the end of hotline miami 2 like everyone else, he is alive before that
go back to reddt

I always assumed that the sky high point counters at the end represented money and you were indeed paid well. It's just that Jacket is totally fucked in the head and the money means nothing, especially when they kill your Whorefu.

I mean seriously the chick stay in your apartment and tidies up the place, so clearly Jacket is worth staying with.

Is there more obnoxious fanbase?
>both games promote anti-violence and anti-nationalism
>fanbase is nothing but 15 year old Redditors commenting on every Youtube music video containing synths

Like Metal Gear Solid most people play games for the game mechanics itself and presentation and largely ignore the commentary being made by the dark humorous story.

And the end of the day though I think "anti-violence" is perhaps the most bullshit concepts someone could ever day. Unchecked violence is a terrible thing but nothing is going to stop it. That's why we have to have stop gaps like teaching people to fight honorably.

>anti-nationalism
>lol so what if Russians kick your ass in a war, nuke a city and set up a puppet government, it’s whatevs
I fucking hate these people

Giant maps, tons of windows, and horrible starting spots

Oh God.

Anti violence? Pffff. What kinda shit you smoking, son? The actual core of the game is violence. That's why it sells. The story is just what makes it perfect