ITT: Books/Movies that needs a video game adaption

ITT: Books/Movies that needs a video game adaption

The Thing can be something like Trouble In Terrorist Town but instead its imitating parasites instead of Terrorists

Attached: thething1[1].jpg (800x1200, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0i-y22M3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Thing already had a game.

I'd play it

>The Thing can be something like Trouble In Terrorist Town but instead its imitating parasites instead of Terrorists

So everyone would be playing as a parasite, and one human person? Doesn't make sense.

You can play the already very good adaptation

There's currently a game in development called Carrion, in which you're playing as an alien similar to The Thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0i-y22M3w

Nah start with one parasite, but try your best to spread it. Just like the movie

Play the game is some kind of sequel of the carpenter's movie.

The unique thing about the parasite is imitation, and I don't see that in the game tho. Paranoia plays a big role in the game due to that

>plays a big role in the movie*
fixed. sorry

Closest thing I know of is deceit. Good game check it out.

You're right, didn't think about that.

Attached: 713TSFkOs4L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 33K)

Lots of games ape the concept of "lone wolf in power armor/supersoldier against impossible odds", but none have ever actually come close to matching the actual scope of Armor.

Attached: armor_steakley_01.jpg (1244x692, 335K)

The sound design is fucking gorgeous, thank you for posting this.

Attached: 76b.png (450x349, 245K)

>what's Dead Space.

>r-rated world of goo
why did I know this would be some indie shit

The Thing needs a modern game, I love this movie so much

It already had a decent game. And to be fair, anything that tries to give it any sort of continuity kinda ruins it. It's a movie that doesn't need more answers and the more you know the worse it gets.
Now, the original one could make a decent vidya.

What the fuck were they thinking with the prequel?
>hey, lets make a prequel of a horror movie known for its practical effects and puppetry
>but lets use CG instead cause lol why not
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY DID IT FLOP?

Attached: 1526860988823.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Alien

The only question is what genre should it be and how do you do all the books without making 20+ games

Attached: RedwallUSCover.jpg (201x300, 17K)

to be fair, Carpenter's version also flopped.
My main complaint about the prequel was the lack of mystery and character build. 7/8 of the cast are just there for body count.

Few hours ago I made a thread on Yea Forums complaining about it, it's absurd

Attached: 1551975658556.png (1424x800, 819K)

event horizon?

I can think of a least two more Kurt Russell movies that deserve a game.

>to be fair, Carpenter's version also flopped.
because it was ahead of its time. Meanwhile the prequel had worse effects than a 1982 movie

It's one of my favorite movies, but it really wasn't. Considering Alien came out like 3 years before it.
Movies rarely flop because of their use of practical effects or CGI. Most of the times it's either about the incompetence of the distributor or troubled production, which I believe was the case for both films.
Escape from Detroit, made by the guys behind Dude Sex.

I think it was mainly that it came out around the time of E.T. and it was murdered by this.

It looks and plays nothing like world of goo

Yeah bad marketing simple as that, it did turn a small profit though compared to its budget, honestly it's fucking amazing what a quality movie was achieved with a 15 mil budget, for comparison black panther with as much substance as half a scene from the thing had 200 mil

John Carpenter can make a lot happen with next to nothing. Prince of Darkness is an amazing low budget Hollywood movie.

>Nah start with one parasite, but try your best to spread it. Just like the movie
Oh, you mean instead of the traitor, not the terrorists.

yeah my bad