Why on earth aren't you hype?

Why on earth aren't you hype?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (460x215, 33K)

the writing is on the wall with this one it looks like from has finally lost it, I am still holding out hope it play better than it looks but getting hype is just asking for disappointment

soulslike games are low effort games.

>Why on earth aren't you hype?
But I am?
I just finished Tenchu and honestly I'm looking forwards to it. It may scratch that itch and I appreciate it being a closer-to-form action game.

Pretty good reception from a few people I can appreciate the opinion of, at least. Looks appealing to me, too.

I've had it pre-ordered since it was available to be pre-ordered.

Its two weeks away and they have barely shown the game off.

Bit of a glut of quality single-player oriented games right now after RE2 and now DMC5, let the hype for those die down a bit then we'll move onto Sekiro

It doesn't interest me?

dragonrot system scares me
>just get good bro ;)

Attached: 1548782900086.gif (100x100, 719K)

Nioh 2 has character customization. Where will you be when the kino game of 2019 comes out?

I am hyped. Already pre-ordered it. Going to play all weekend.

Because it isn't fucking souls, it's le running around and jumping le game for spergs. Fuck you From Software, you had ONE job.

How similar to souls is it?

I'm hype as fuck. Its my most anticipated game of the year.

Not that similar.

Can't wait.

Attached: 0d341308218f2958024cde585336236b.jpg (1024x700, 113K)

How does it work?

Some people think it'll be like Demon's Souls world tendency system.

>Pre-order.
Pre-order culture is cancer and I hope you didn't do it unless you're reasonably sure that you wouldn't have gotten a copy otherwise.

It's more action focused and there's stealth. Boss battles look pretty similar though

Dying spreads dragonrot to friendly NPCs that inhabit the hub, changing their dialogue/behaviour (without interrupting their action function).
When an NPC becomes infected with dragonrot due to your repeated deaths, you get an undiscardable item in your inventory that represents the NPC's sickness.

Normally upon death, you have a chance of getting a little bonus that reduces the amount of experience and currency (they're separate things in this game) lost on death. For every Dragonrot item in your inventory, the probability of getting that bonus decreases. This also ties in with the narrative, and it is not so far fetched that some of the NPCs may die, as the it is described to kill people.

I'm not going to buy a From Software game day one after Dark Souls 3.

You have to git gud immediately or else play through game over and over again until you git gud to get the good ending

Because it doesn't look interesting. It looks pretty bog standard, a straight forward hack and slash game like Ninja Gaiden and DMC. Literally nothing here to get excited about, it's basically copying Nioh's designs too.

I didn't care about Fromsoft before bloodborne and then Dark Souls, and i wont care again after.

Nioh already had skins that let you play as waifus/baddies though.
Why sacrifice an actual story for the game just so you can create a self insert character?

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

Though, isn't a gameplay/story penalty for dying too much something that's been in some games before?

So what you're saying is "don't die".
Got it.

Bought it long time ago. I know it's gonna be better than any dark souls game, question is is it gonna top BB? Seems like Sekiro gonna lack replayability due to strict weapon choice and no builds

Attached: 1521545768221.jpg (787x1181, 114K)

Any information on whether we can change our characters clothes or appearance? Hes so boring looking

I've always been hyped but those streams were promising. Unlockable attacks for the sword, aerial combat upgrades, prosthetic arm weapon upgrades, the combat looks fast paced, stealth looks like it gives a huge advantage in dangerous encounters, some kind of occult lore.

A sickness is spreading when you die and punishes dying repeatedly

The protagonist speaks, and can converse with enemies and bosses in battle

World Tendency?

Attached: 1547622794396.png (637x360, 267K)

Does it run at 60 on PS4 pro?

tfw true ending requires you to not die more than twice the entire game

Because they want the Dark Souls audience?
In all honesty this is what annoys me about it, at least William was the protagonist of his story but a generic silent protagonist will affect the story in a negative way.
That said, the gameplay will still likely be fun as fuck so I'm good.

Challenge accepted, Sekiro.

Dark souls gameplay:
> 1-2 slash, roll, repeat until kill

Sekiro gameplay:
> dash, slash, parry, parry, parry, use environment, kill

Sounds like Sekiro already won.

There’s an abyss watcher boss fight in the previews supposed

This is how death should be handled in D&D rather than permadeath and a stack of character sheets of new PCs who magically teleport into the dungeon you're fighting through. Maybe add hollowing from Dark Souls in there too.

Finally a fromsoft game where they throw out the shitty online gameplay and focus on single player. Its going to be fucking amazing.

It is called Sekiro: Shadows die *TWICE*, so From is being lenient and allowing you to die once.
Maybe if you only die once/twice and return to he lantern/bonfire/shrine/pagoda before dying again, npcs will never get dragonrot? Or maybe it even extends to currency/xp loss?

Oh great, make me feel shit on an emotional level instead of a physical level. Fucking great

I don't trust Activision.

I would think in that kind of serious roleplaying permanent death makes the characters and the whole thing more meaningful.

im waiting for this and DMCV to be cracked

Attached: 1551748582699.gif (185x297, 189K)

Have an option to sacrifice more exp and dosh for the sake of stopping dragonrot?
Maybe you could get them some medicines that reduce or prevent the spread?
There were some items that could affect world tenancy or whatever back in Demon's Souls and if the system really is similar then it stands to reason there might be.

>souls clone (don't even PRETEND it isn't, I've seen enough of it)
>but in JAPAN!
>ooooo don't you love japanese architecture, samurai and ninja?
>no multiplayer whatsoever
>no items/equip of any kind to find, the weapons you start with is what you get

meh

Hype burned me to much. I'm as a calm as a pond.

True, unless your DM lets the party be punked by cholera from a bad die roll, killing the campaign/story. Always a middle ground.

I'm sad it's only 30 fps on base ps4

>WHY ISN'T IT SOULS BATTLE ROYALE I HATE THIS GAME IM GONNA SPEND THAT $60 ON A STREAMER FRIEND

Attached: 1547836389641.png (461x394, 64K)

Finally parry is made correctly.

>453633248
don't respond to bait

Fuck the dark souls audience. The PvP autists and youtube "content creators" can stay far away from this game.

Yes because wanting a new game to have at least the functionality of the old ones is too much to ask, right zoomertard?

Why would I be? It looks boring as fuck.

>WHY DOESN'T THIS NEW FRANCHISE HAVE ANY OF THE SAME FEATURES AS A DIFFERENT FRANCHISE FROM THE SAME DEV WAAAAHH
yikes!

>no pvp
>no character creation
>muh glorious million folded nippon katana
gee I wonder...

>it's totally a NEW FRANCHISE!
>it's actually 95% the old game just with less features all around
lol zoomers

Glad to see you're just retarded.

stop responding to obvious bait

隻狼/10 ゲーム・オブ・ザ・イヤーエディション

Attached: __koshimizu_sachiko_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_teraguchi__sample-c3eddcfa3a (850x766, 159K)

Sorry mate. Too busy being hype for a better game.

Attached: devil-may-cry-dante-656x369.jpg (656x369, 31K)

>if you don't blindly praise sekiro and think it'll be the BEST GAME EVUR XD I LOVE SOULS THEY'RE SO HARD CAN'T WAIT TO DIE OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! you're just baiting!

I cant read this but im gonna say its based anyway

Attached: 1551910103017.jpg (598x900, 72K)

autism

Even if From made Dark Souls 1 retards would still be wanting Dark Souls 3.

I like that idea: risk dragonrot spreading, or sacrifice more--or all--of your on-hand money and xp. Maybe there will be a bank to store your money, but you have to physically go to it in order to withdraw/deposit the money.

I'm just not into the Feudal Japan aesthetic and don't paticularly like the look of the gameplay, that's all.

I am

Why would they have no items in the game? Having access to lots of different weaponry at least makes for replayability

Post the Abyss Watcher that turned into a poise lord miniboss.

Attached: abyss watchers.jpg (3809x4200, 1.4M)

>Roguelike
>From's shitty controls

I can't imagine

But I am

First time I preordered a game. I only did it because all the retailers are jews that bump up the price of new games to 70€ and then offer a -15% discount, down to 60€ if you preorder, but still

Like fuck, it wont even hit 30 on a piss poor

Just saying the whole "I want to make a character" being a major complaint against the first game for many a person.
Personally didn't care.
That said I wonder if there will be a degree of customisation on demon transformations.

It has skill trees instead

The Armored Warrior? Didn't seem very Abyss Watcher-esque to me

The setting just rubs me the wrong way tbqh. I love Soulsborne, but I just can't get myself to care about the Generic Feudal Japan Setting #1439952.

Would Heian Japan be more your thing?

Sounds like just the right person to be DM

buyers remorse incoming

>Demon Souls and 3 Dark Souls games
>set in medieval europe
>the most generic, overplayed videogame setting possible
>all good

>Sekiro
>Sengoku Japan
>a somewhat uncommom stting
>HURR DURR GENERIC SETTING THIS IS A PROBLEM FROMSOFT IS FINISHED

His helmet was pointed. Reminded me as such.

My PC is getting old so I hope the game runs the same as Dark Souls 3. The system requirements are almost exactly the same as Dark Souls 3 so here's hoping.

There are more games taking place in Japan fantasy than medieval fantasy
Fuck off

Attached: 1551981613107.jpg (680x794, 227K)

I mean kinda, but it moved like an absolute unit and it was huge, while the Abyss Watchers were smaller and more agile

Not that I'd complain about some Abyss Watchers-esque enemies in the game, loved that fight in DS3, wish they had more HP tho

>activision publishes sekiro
>shills coming out of the woodwork
Not even BB had this level of shillin, how much does Kotick pay?

>There are more games taking place in Japan fantasy than medieval fantasy
That's a blatant lie and you know it

It looks shallow. It looks interesting but at the same time it looks like it would get boring after advancing a few hours into the game.

It looks really slow, and I think I'm over souls games after bloodborne.

>shitpost thread on sekiro when people are excited for it
>they are baited into a frenzy
Like poetry.
Where were you when DMCV and Smash hype threads filled the board? I'm guessing these aren't shill threads right?

rather just watch the happy hob play it

This, I hate that the most

zoom zoom gotta go fast

>Why on earth aren't you hype?

because I'm not a zoomer mouth-breather

Fuck off already to your phantom-summoning short-sword spamming shithole

>wanting to take things slowly
Yimes and cringe
I got places to be, things to do. I don't wanna spend time guiding Lardass McKnightfucker through molasses.

Smash threads are containment threads
Dmc5 is legitimate hype

>dead on pc and xbox
what do

Attached: 1543174211322m.jpg (785x1024, 106K)

>crying about short sword ''spam''
lmao just parry

Attached: 039d35fc95ba34f71ae2071b9cb435171973e9a4e4dd5219d2deea18d88e727d.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Burned out of souls shit. Will try in a few years.

>it's only shilling if it's I game I like

Cant shill me a game i was already going to buy

If we don't count tolkeinian as medieval it might be pretty close

Scum

in a way im glad there is no coop so that we will know who are the real shit bag

It being slow is honestly just an observation, main thing keeping me from it is my belief that we've reached peek souls for the generation with bloodborne, we'll have to wait for some other company to bring actual competition in the genre if we want to see a better souls.
This will take like 5 years or so btw.

I really, really don't like stealth at all, and the setting doesn't really appeal to me.

Nobody cares about your meme game

>story taht's all just a dragonrot
>boss betrays you and revealed as the antagonist (wow didn't see that coming)
>shurikens yet can't increase amount of ammo you can hold by a decent amount
>can't dual weild shurikens
>doesn't allow you to play like a tps yet includes shurikens
>yokais out of nowhere

I hate video games

I am hype but I have other games to play right now

and proud
>SCUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 1544126119144.jpg (634x627, 68K)

So I'll have different content and hard mechanical evidence of me getting better at the game with every replay? That sounds cool as fuck.

Attached: feels good.jpg (676x858, 110K)

>if we don't count a specific subsection whose inspiration is medieval europe it might be very close

I doubt you are counting the difference between Edo Japan and Sengoku Japan, so by all measures, European Medieval is a far more generic setting that Sekiro's Sengoku period

Why should anyone be hyped? This looks like it will be a Vanquish caliber game. Okay/good gameplay but nothing else going for it in terms of story, characters, customization and replayability, innovation, music, exploration etc. Nothing that makes games in the genre stand out.

Attached: i3tfABe4Gqf5ekKCZQwsTb-480-80.jpg (480x270, 32K)

doesn't look overly replayable. I find it hard to justify a full price single player game nowadays; that doesn't have any sort of builds or online. I've put hundreds of hours into each Souls game, but this may get 2-3 playthroughs

I also still don't really like the setting for the game. I feel like feudal Japan is always a little too limited in scope. I just know I'm going to see mythical yokai like monsters, the same boring paper houses, bamboo, temples, ninja's, katanas etc. It's far too rooted a setting to be creative. When you contrast it to Europe as a setting, it can be as different as Dark Souls is to Bloodborne - there's a ton more possibility due to the vast differences between cultures and how much they shift over time. Japan hasn't changed much at all in that regard. You just know what you're getting.

I'm broke and can't even afford video games

Attached: 1540835412731.jpg (295x313, 27K)

And yet here you are.

Attached: 1548519058947.jpg (500x500, 251K)

Victorian England is not the same setting as Medievl Europe. TO imply fluidity between them is disingenuous

Medieval Europe is also the most generic videogame setting ever. You know what made Souls series pulll ahead? It wasn't the setting, it was the art direction, and most of the people who worked in BB and DS3 also worked on Sekiro

But sure, shitpost about "muh setting" forever

I am hype and I'm buying it on release. I spoiled too much for myself tho and I'm pissed.

who /preorder/ here?

no pvp no buy
simple as

>writings on the wall

You have no idea what your talking about and just say that about every game huh?

Attached: fqKEiTH.jpg (960x950, 40K)

Cautiously optimistic but not gonna buy on launch.

I bought a lot of games in the past so at least I got a good backlog

Attached: Gaston 1.jpg (625x415, 70K)

PvP autists were a scourge in the SOuls series. I'm glad my recommendations on youtube won't be flooded with "epic sekiro PvP trolling montage" videos

>no whining about balance
>no bitching about getting ganked
>no doing ebin ganks
>no crying about getting invaded
>no crying about invadees dcing
>no twinks
>no arguments about "honor"
>no hacks fucking up your entire save
>nobody getting carried by summons
>no dev time wasted on this cancer

Attached: glad its over.jpg (300x345, 42K)

Feudal Japan is literally just Medieval Europe but with men wearing funny hats beating each other over the head with glorified butter knives while some bloke yells "HYOOOOOOOOOH" every 5 minutes.

>Wanting to spoil yourself about this game
Why?

People here always say the same thing about souls games before they release because fromsoft hardly shows anything in the lead up.
Its going to be amazing and I can't wait to drink your tears again just like with dark souls 3 and bloodborne.

It looks pretty boring. I don't think the combat seems interesting enough to carry a full game. I can hope the level and enemy design will make up for it, but I'm not sold. I expect it will be a lot like Bloodborne, great atmosphere and setting and a lot fun to play the first time but ultimately very shallow gameplay and not worth revisiting after the first run.

I want an adventure game. Not an action game to make tryhards feel cool.

I'm too busy for it right now. Fuck University and fuck exams.

Prosthetic upgrade system confirmed.
Upgraded with a literal neckbeard fat.

Attached: 1548021076991.jpg (816x492, 80K)

>all evidence points towards it being their greatest masterpiece yet
>this retard says this bunch of nonsense
???
Explain

>showing the whole first 5 hours of the game is "barely shown the game off"
?

>those priestess with centipede crawling out of their asses

Attached: 1545526352114.png (411x449, 60K)

>man manages to lie 5 times in one sentence

Uh yeah its a game that will easily be 100+ hours.

seems like a great mechanic to me.
git gud if you want to see the true narrative.
it's functionally better than the locked/specific path/order bullshit in every game out there since it's directly tied to game overs and not arbitrary, and it will naturally get easier with subsequent playthroughs if you fail too much, in case you are shit and need to force a cushion.

But it has builds.
I just don't get it, why is every goddamned Sekiro thread full of retards making all these false claims, when the information has been out there for MONTHS proving you wrong.

We literally can't have a decent discussion about the game ever in any of these threads because a hundred of you tards always shows up that have clearly not looked at the games mechanics at all and are just making assumptions, requiring everyone in the thread to spoonfeed you with info.

>every new franchise must include every general aspect of the company's library
Fucking why can't I pilot a mech in sekiro? shit game, they are lazy as fuck.

Are you ready to wield the power of Spin?

Attached: 1524079862681.jpg (585x295, 69K)

>This looks like it will be a Vanquish caliber game.
>Okay/good gameplay but nothing else going for it in terms of story, characters, customization and replayability, innovation, music, exploration etc.

you forgot the part where a small-but-devoted cadre of neckbeards will spring up a year or two after it drops and spend the next couple of gens telling anyone who'll listen how Sekiro was actually this genre-(re)defining masterpiece that all the wussy brainlets of the world just couldn't handle

Why would it have the functions of games that it's not trying to be like? It isn't a Souls game and is not meant to be one.
Instead it has new, more interesting gameplay mechanics, and a lot more of them.

because you are shilling

>it's rehashed clone shit!
>shit game it doesn't have one element from that serie what's the point!
you're one of those soulsfaggots who believes pvp in action games is a common and mandatory feature.
I'm loving seeing these genZ fromsoft fans. Enjoy getting destroyed at the first action game that isn't souls, you'll get to experience that for the first time. All that effort, those 500 hours you spent learning a game to pretend you aren't a shit slow learner with autism. It's all gone now.

It literally has like 1% similarities with any of Froms previous games and 99% new stuff only lol eat shit retard PvPnigger

>calling out a liar is "blindly praising Sekiro"
No nigger-user, it's just calling out a liar on their bullshit.

>shilling
>it's only shilling if it isn't a game I want
nah kill yourself retarded faggot

Just ignore the shitposting cocksuckers and discuss the fucking game itself
Don't give them attention they crave for

Attached: 1546791118762.jpg (500x500, 47K)

I THINK NINJAS SUCK

It does have items? Are you stupid?
And how does lots of varying builds not make a lot of replayability for Sekiro.
How is a mythological horror setting generic? Most feudal Japan games are trying to be grounded and realistic.

No there aren't, stop lying. There are literally like 2 thousand times more medieval setting games. Feudal Japan setting is super rare in comparison.

Everything you said is the opposite of what it so far has seemed like. Are you ok user? Suffer brain damage recently?

>babbies are actually this assmad that they have to miss out on the objectively best games in history because they are too hard for them
Yikes

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm expecting to enjoy it far less than any Soulsbourne game. The setting just doesn't grab me at all.

this sound like its built for replaying
>finish first run with like 50 dragonrot iteams
>do a second playthrough and barley rack up 10
gonna feel good

Right, except since its a From game, it has a very strong mythological focus, which is where Europe and Japan differ entirely.
It will pretty much be a horror game due to how Japanese mythology is.

Man, I really like that one user who autisticly shitposting on this game and compares it to Shadows of Whatever Sucker Punch is making
About how FromSoftware has lost it

you can spec into a honorbu samurai or robot arm skill tree if you dont want to be a dick ass ninja

>another masterpiece coming from FromSoft
>totally needs people to be paid in order to hype it up
Yeah no retard, people are just naturally hyped for a good fucking reason

This thread has been overtaken by the false flagging samefags already, just move on to another Sekiro thread. It's probably 1 or 2 guys that are eternally assmad that this game will actually be a masterpiece unlike that shitshow Nioh.