WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY WORKING ON BEFORE PRIME 4?!?

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY WORKING ON BEFORE PRIME 4?!?

Attached: Retro.jpg (573x88, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkP-lfjwAaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's real. And it's a good thing.

Attached: 1*AERR_ew2vJdeabbuOxqIzw.jpg (1600x400, 87K)

Star Fox Grand Prix. After Nintendo put them on Prime duty, SFGP was repurposed as a mode for Starlink.

it's just a mode in starlink

Hopefully a sequel to tropical freeze to make it a perfect trilogy of Dong

and who on Earth ever thought a Star Fox racing game was a good idea?

Is this real? Does Retro have any credits in Star Link to back this up or anything?

no, it's made up so some fake leaker can save face.

>4 years of work gets turned into making race lanes for Starlink
Only absolute brainlets would believe this.

>Tropical Freeze on Switch sold very well for a 4 year old $60 port
>K. Rool's return in Smash was met with universal acclaim
Will we ever get DKCR: Kremlin Karnage?

Nobody, that's why it was literally a faked game to throw off potential leakers

Starling is not a Nintendo Game, it is on every console.

F-Zero fans, all twelve of them.

Attached: 1551158538382.gif (250x251, 999K)

and yet it has a switch exclusive star fox racing mode.

Eternal Darkness 2 or Donkey Kong 64 2 is the most likely scenario

It's just a racing mode you dumb fuck, unless you think Soulcalibur II had a Zelda fighting mode too

Speaking of Prime 4, think we will get any updates on that anytime soon? I'm kind of wondering did they totally restart everything from scratch, or could they reuse art assets or what's going on

maybe asset creation or something. Who knows. Maybe it was an ambitious project that blew up in smoke.

>think we will get any updates on that anytime soon?
Nigger, they didn't even announce that they were restarting development long ago. Don't even expect it at E3.

I doubt the racing mode is switch exclusive, it was just clever word use in the direct.

They literally said they restarted the whole project and that updates wouldn't come anytime soon, it was basically ''we know you were looking forward to hearing about it but that's not happening this year''

>This damage control

Attached: Star Fox Racing confirmed real.jpg (750x1334, 184K)

dont count on mp4 until late 2021

I knew that, I was just wondering when to expect like a first look or something

What the fuck was this. It was too good to be true.

Attached: 1534167069866.png (958x609, 148K)

Tropical Dong: New Funky mode

Nothing at all. They were on support mode for other Nintendo studios. Nintendo does not like being upstaged by Americans and a lot of the Jap devs have complained. It was punishment. If MP4 is good and a success, Retro will be shut down and if it fails they will just be downsized and put on permanent bug testing support duty.

They themselves admitted they're essentially starting again from the beginning. Don't expect any news for at least another two years.

>Game opens
>End of Tropical Freeze
>Lord Fredrick is clutching to a piece of drift wood from his destroyed fleet, a couple of penguins are helping him try to get home.
>Suddenly, the ocean begins to shift and pitch ferociously as sky turns an ominous black.
>Fredrick and minions are frightened as the ocean beneath them begins to swell, surge and bubble.
>youtube.com/watch?v=OkP-lfjwAaA
>The ominous shape of a newly resurrected Crocodile Island emerges, back from the bottom of the ocean after it's destruction at the end of DKC2.
>It's been heavily mechanized, combining elements of the original island and the mechanical copy created in DK64.
>Fredrik and his minions are immediately captured by a band of vicious Kremlings who drag them to their king.
>You only see the silhouette of K. Rool, sitting on a new throne and flanked by two of his kommanders.
>K. Rool easily overpowers Fredrik and has him become one of his subordinates.
>Once whose really in charge has been established, K. Rool gives the order and as the Kremlings swing into action, the half-mechanical Crocodile Island, powered by the Krocodile Kore, actually begins moving, slowly shifting through the water like a real crocodile, sinking ominously back under the water and out of sight as the view of DK Isle becomes visible in the horizon...
Donkey Kong K.ountry: K. Rool Returns

Attached: D0LkbbVVYAAy0TS.jpg orig.jpg (2480x3508, 739K)

>D "KKK" RR

ummmmm excuse me sweetie but this is racist and possibly homophobic. We NEED Nintendo to answer for this!

Attached: KrustyKomedyKlassics.jpg (512x384, 45K)

Retro were either working on something huge for the past 4 years and it got fucked up and canned or they managed to finish it and have started working on Prime 4 right after it.
If we dont see anything by E3 then its most likely been canceled. There is no way that Nintendo would allow them to just sit there and do nothing but funky kong for 4 years.

>tinfoil hat intensifies

Considering nobody bought any of the other versions, putting it in any of them would be losing money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do their spin on DK64 but it was a mess

Hopefully never. I'd rather the game have the Kremlins, Vikings, and Tikis as the main villians with the true final boss being the tiki tribe using some magic to control the other two faction leaders

>Ported DKCR for 3DS and added their own original world which was really good.
>Helped Retro in making Tropical Freeze
You think Nintendo is going to pass the torch of Donkey Kong Country off from Retro to Monster Games for the next installment?

Attached: Monstegameslogo.png (516x112, 28K)

they should have monster games make another excite truck

If that project was canned I wonder if they'll reuse his music if it would fit Prime 4.

>tfw Retro is back

Attached: df0deadba971fb1ddd4872d59b048b9e.jpg (768x768, 270K)

>Thinking they're actually working on Prime 4
Its dead. When Nintendo's lineup is no longer vaporware they'll publicly cancel it. Right now they can't afford the bad news.

I could have sworn that years ago Miyamoto said that Retro Studio had reached a size where they could work on two separate titles at once, what happened? The TF port could have been done in a matter of months by a small team, I don't understand how they've likely accomplished nothing beyond a simple port since 2014.

imagine wanting to see the tikis again

Monster broke off from Nintendo a while back. Sadly they basically only make NASCAR shovel ware games now.

>NINTENDO IS DOOOOOOOMMMMMED