Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

zoomer game

mad

that's not OSRS retards
good job outing yourselves as actual zoomers

This boomer gets it

2004-06 is preak RS

Attached: 7R9mn5a.gif (789x532, 218K)

The game itself isn't what made it good, it was the fact that everyone was clueless and didn't play efficiently. If you could go back and somehow replace the old game with the osrs that exists now it would be an objectively better game.

Attached: 1536742869661.png (947x944, 68K)

Grand Exchange ruined it all

>If you could go back and somehow replace the old game with the osrs that exists now it would be an objectively better game.

Yurp ... zoomer fucking detected

Attached: z3tnlfk5mbg11.jpg (1280x1440, 223K)

t. born in 97 and played wilderness-free runescape in 5th grade

Attached: 1528305505041.png (650x1425, 884K)

ignore them. Boomers love to claims things from the 2000s as theirs

Attached: Club-Penguin.jpg (1200x960, 159K)

96 tbhwyf and ill have you know i got lured with the ardy lever like everyone else

Attached: gatoangro.jpg (512x490, 100K)

Attached: 1492317708799.jpg (817x857, 63K)

That aint OSRS
OSRS is based of a version a bit later than that

>got killed on my way to mage arena so many times
I just wanted that mage book

These guys get it

Attached: 1527550442888.jpg (680x452, 91K)

Look at the wilderness in osrs, it's full of content but basically dead, real clans are basically gone despite the fact they have far more reason to play the game than they ever did before with all of the content they've added. If you could put the old community in the current version of osrs wilderness it would be booming, there was never any real reason to use the wilderness back in the day people just did it because it was fun and that's what osrs is missing.

Tldr: efficiency mindset took over the game

Learn some reading comprehension my man.

>farming chicken feathers for days because you would make more money than your retarded friends but in the big picture it was a horrible farming method
>timing mining every ore with a stop watch to optimize instead of getting spoonfed by google
>lobster farming

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

theres no mage book in mage arena

The game was better before all of the zoomer bandwagoning and Jagex adding a bunch of rs3 shit into the game.
The community is a big part of what's different for me. Back in 2004-2006 people would stand around in the center of Varrock or in Lumby on worlds 1-10 and that was like the closest thing I had to a social life back in those days. I'd grind after school then go and hang out there until like 3 am. Looking back on it I have no clue how my body would function on like 3 hours of sleep almost every night.
Game is changed now, people only care about poopsocking and max efficiency

I honestly believed that OSRS would've been RS around that era and was completely confused when I started the game and saw how new everything was. I had no idea what the fuck Grand Exchange was, any of the god sword stuff, or many of the other things. And what's the point of it adding even more new shit to the older version of the game?

Most people that play osrs now are depressed boomers that can't let go

OKAY FAGGOTS, hard mode, a game with SOUL from 2010+, rub your 2 brain cells and post something

starbound is pretty soul

They added new shit because RS3 isn't doing super well anymore and OSRS has become a bigger cashcow

Attached: image (1).jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

>made a "friend" who told me he'd give me a whip back in 2005 if I mined coal for him
>ended up mining almost twice a whip's value in coal for him and he actually scammed me but i didn't find out until after
Wasn't even mad either

fucking feathers
Why did the members even need that many

There are no games post 2008 with soul

>Look at the wilderness in osrs, it's full of content but basically dead
Rev caves are full in every single world and there are multiple clans who take over worlds just to make money off those caves by pking.

The game was about to die before they started polling additional content because there's only so many times you can run barrows/kq as endgame content before you realise it's not as fun as when you were a kid.

A Year into osrs the player count used to peak at like 10k now it's over 100k almost all the time.

Varrock Staff Shop squad where we at??

Attached: BB5574CD123A4D6EA8D7A64156CE024B.png (480x539, 369K)

wtf that would have been like over 20 hours of coal mining

I refuse to even mention or acknowledge RS in public after dealing with a literal manbaby on my college campus. He's constantly going about the game in any moment that doesn't even relate to OSRS, bragging about how much "irl" money he gets from the game, how his clan and his discord are all pro players, ect. I would try to learn his """""famous""""" character's name in the game and post his autistic ramblings, but it's so exhausting being around the faggot for even a fraction of a second. He recently made a fool of himself in the campus' center after drinking heavily and ranting on about being above everyone in terms of gaming and ruminating about losing 1 billion gold in a bet.

Attached: 1493965182498.jpg (600x600, 36K)

RS Classic existed for years and nothing new was ever added. OSRS would be the same if RS3 wasn't so shit.

You underestimate how much free time kids have

OSRS players constantly bitch and complain, while asking for things that makes the game trash, while sucking off ecelebs. RS3 players in general feel like they are highly sympathetic to furries and all that shit

Once I realized how much cowhides sold for I started farming cows and when I saw someone who wasn't picking them up I'd whisper them that I'd give them 1k for every full inventory of cowhides they got me, and I would just keep switching worlds and cow spots doing that until I had a constant stream of people whispering me to sell cowhides that I could then sell for like five times as much.
1K was a TON when you were a noob who was only getting gp through the enemies dropping 5 at a time, but they had no idea how badly they were getting ripped off. Sometimes people would send me angry whispers after they had been doing it for a while.

Random open cc's running around in xerician aren't clans, they don't fight each other like they used to they just get random hits on each other in rag gear so they can make some epic hit tweet. There's like 2 old clans around now that are actually organised. Compare that to ~2005 where there were hundreds.

World 2 varrock world 7 lumby reporting in
met my irl ex of 7 years on runescape in world 7

>OSRS players
More like reddit

>his name? zezima

>96

Attached: zoomber.jpg (1439x1346, 587K)

Truly the working mans mmo.

Turns out I was a real champ at 13 years old

Attached: wew.png (314x564, 21K)

This guy is probably around my age (26) or younger. If I'm not mistaken, zezima would be a bit older than us, right? I was playing the game when I was in middle school. Fuck, I heard it was multiple people using the same account.

I picked up OSRS and had a blast until I finished f2p content.
I will never realize my dreams of being a member.
I remember when dragon chains were the top tier armor in game now everyone has some silly jrpg shit equipped

Now that's true, and the way jmods suck their dick is just utterly tiresome
When I tried going back into runescape, all I hear is stupid twitch parasites, and new added garbage that is basically a huge memefest. I really loved the game, I have trouble finding something like it, but this new OSRS shit is just sheer garbage

Did you get any offers?

>Fuck, I heard it was multiple people using the same account

It was and shows how hypocritical Jagex was for letting that slide but banning others that did it

>96
>blops2

Attached: 1550810235159.gif (350x262, 3.05M)

He still plays, he was older than 26 when he first started playing im pretty sure, his rl pic is on google images and I remember seeing that like ~10 years ago.

yeah its a fucking disgrace

No I’m esl and will do what i want

SOUL

Attached: 1913_2.png (75x127, 9K)

Some old photo's of him back in like 2007/8 on google were actually him since his IRL reveal on runescape documentary confirmed his face

Attached: ybyl94o2obu01.jpg (900x900, 107K)

pretty money

shame too, I quit after I accrued around 20M in F2P
>inb4 gib
made a bad flip and now I have about 10K mithril bars I'm waiting to rebound

Attached: 20190207_173504.png (562x1078, 611K)

>me when I was literally 10 years old
based

Attached: Untitled.png (488x907, 26K)

>be poor f2p with high stats
>hang out in lumby and chat
>meet qt robin hood hat wearing max combat level
>we chat and hit it off nicely
>she adds me and we hang out at the same spot everyday for 2 weeks
>ask her to be my rs gf
>she joins my poor ass in f2p activites
>a month later in my birthday she tells me shes getting me a year long membership
>give her my password expecting the worst
>become member
>she gifts me an abyssal whip and full bandos

Shit was cash

man, honestly id love to hop on, make a new account and join you
but honestly I keep thinking about when Jagex finally closes down the servers, feel like it will be 'soon', you know?

>old zybez
>miniclip
>barrows release
>construction release
>rants forum
I miss it and more

>scrolls down
N
I
G
G
S

Attached: 4b5.png (557x605, 360K)

>and then I woke up
>everyone clapped

Jagex has chinese overlords that will milk RS for everything its worth before they let it die.

>not world 1 to show off his members items to the F2P n00bs
heh.....smalltime.....

thats why I have trouble when thinking about investing all that time into the game... them chinks will just delete it once profits aren't on the positive side

I hopped on due to nostalgia's sake abd quit after I mare more profress in 2 months than I did in years playing as a kid.
Memb is too daunting to start at this point, there's just too much shit to do, and as a perpetual freenigger, I will never be ready.

Attached: Untitled.png (527x850, 54K)

That's what I did in world 7 lumby, I remember I lost mems for like 3 months and turned my entire bank into flashy shit like rangers and stuff so I could flex in f2p while I made a f2p pure on the side

Actually my birthday is in June so I would've been 9. Even funnier

Attached: Untitled2.png (488x841, 13K)

Attached: 1550214022504.gif (400x292, 3.88M)

the fact people legitimately report things like this, always made me rage

>You Look And Smell Like Poo Like All Black Peopl!!!!!
holy based

Attached: 1544550963033.png (900x900, 101K)

You could say that about any multiplayer game though. If you can't enjoy the game for what it is in the moment then why bother?

>Ok thanks man

Attached: 1373406505274.jpg (431x592, 64K)

based af
why did I get muted for this?

Attached: wew2.png (402x684, 28K)

2012 runescape when they brought back trading and the wilderness and had all the cool shit but the game was still full of children and morons was the best time. Made a shitload of money using a gimmicky staking strategy since people would actually do more than just box with whips. OSRS just isn't the same since the playerbase is compromised of early 20's adults who know spend every waking moment consulting youtube guides and wikis about everything instead of dumbass kids.

Attached: waltuh.jpg (799x905, 255K)

I'm still mad player mods ever became a thing. Fucking ridiculous to give some players preferential treatment. I never met one that wasn't up his own ass.

The hilarious thing about the wildy/trade removal and re-adding is that when they removed it they lost a bunch of people that didn't want it gone, then when they added it back they just lot the people that wanted it to stay. So it was a lose-lose entirely and all bringing it back did was add a shitload of bots/scammers/rwt back into the game

And then they add their own RWT method of buying bonds

>not quitting RS in early 2008 like everybody else

The only retards who stuck around were casuals and kiddies

Attached: re we hate skychi.jpg (480x360, 13K)

true, then again OSRS feels like how I felt about that mmo Perfect World. It was fucking awesome at first for me, then I log in after a few years and its unrecognizable
I know for a fact that runescape is not how I remember it, and im not even on about that standing around varrock bank buying shit. I mean in general, you know? Honestly runescape is the only game I really ever felt was top tier as fuck, but now its reddit meme central, along with the whole max efficiency can't talk soz, and i don't like it

Was a pmod on my home world that I got decrowned because he muted me and like 3 of my friends for no reason multiple times over the course of a couple months. I remember how pumped I was at like 14 knowing I did that

>Skychi
didn't this dude die?

Attached: 1548848524915.jpg (640x480, 42K)

worst part is when they hop on clan chats and they start talking in that slight attention seeking and overly positive manner because they know they're more 'important' and people comment on it
fucking faggots

I got banned in 2011 for being in a merch clan which is what finally set me free. I was addicted what can I say. Lost billions of gold and an almost maxed acc from 2003 but at least I was able to move on from RS besides my osrs ironman i pick up for a week and put back down

He left for WoW in 08, died in 2014 due to heart failure

youtu.be/ScMajXCXYdc

Attached: xXxK5Ak.gif (512x332, 1.54M)

Any game that has a system where players can be viewed in ""power positions"" endorsed by the devs is a mistake and FFXIV/Runescape show this well

F
for fatwrecked too

Attached: hit_by_train.jpg (543x419, 12K)

>what is Fletching
>what is fly fishing

trash

I did, but came back when they had the vote to re-implement the shitty aspects.

It was great just because the playerbase was just as naive as it ever was, and I did like a lot of the weapons like Korasi sword, Polypore and that armor you got in PvP worlds.

>shitty aspects.
ops mean to say Wilderness and free trade/staking

>steel armor at lv1 def

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN HAHA XD

I started playing Runescape when it looked like this. Was a member for years, did most quests including Legends, quit in early 2005 to play WoW. I definitely have nostalgic memories of the game and it had some good design ideas but in retrospect I wasted a shitload of time.

Part of the reason I quit was because I was so frustrated by how hard it was to progress past a certain point. I would put in days of work fishing or making bows to vendor or something but I could barely break even 1 mil gp when good items at that point were in the multi millions. I'd spend days making potions and food so I could try to fight monsters in the hopes of finally getting a barrows armour or dragon armour drop but of course I never did because the rates were like, less than 0.01%. It was fucking frustrating watching people toss around millions of gp because they got a lucky drop or had party hats or what the fuck ever, while I couldn't move forward at all.

Attached: rune.png (515x345, 28K)

don't mind me just using this set to get massive str gains in nmz

Attached: 1547863876507.png (327x837, 38K)

runescape is dead

RS Classic gets points for being the OG version of the game but early RS2 did everything better. More quality quests and side content released to alleviate there only being grinding/pking/merching. If Jagex was going to add new content to osrs no matter what they should have focused on questing/minigames rather than catering to efficiency fags. They already removed the fun out of merching by automating it with the GE.

No one has fond memories of Runescape for the times they grinded. Perhaps the interactions they had doing so but not the grinding its self. The highlights are always questing, minigames, pking, or engaging interactions with other players which the current attitude the game has towards efficiency does not promote.

>average 100k+ players online everyday
>dead

Attached: wevqnBJ.gif (789x532, 213K)

>1/3 are bots
>1/3 are players who multilogin
>1/3 are redditors
yeah it is definitely dead

Saw a Pmod at the G.E do this the other day.

I said it's "Another P-Mod seeking attention episode"

They got fucking mad.

Attached: 1418919504703.jpg (413x395, 32K)

its still the best mmo out there

OH BOY I LOVE WOW CLONE NUMBER 3221 WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: yep.jpg (684x546, 76K)

Did you get muted? Those little shits will look for any reason to do so.

I played OSRS the other day... Was about to subscribe when I saw it was $12/month.

Fuck that. Shit was $5 a month when I was a wee lad and its literally the same game with nothing added to it.

why wouldn't you multi log lol?

This is untrue. RS3 still makes over double what OSRS makes

I don't think I was muted. It's been a few days.

They know if they do and I throw a hissy fit they'll get decrowned. :^)

>RUNESCAPE IS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, ANYONE WHO SAYS OSRS ISNT THE BEST RIGHT NOW IS JUST A SHITTY MMO CLONE FANBOY
I'm not even hating on it since I spent years on the game, it's just become trash as fuck nowadays

I agree, i am tempted as fuck to create an account, but as soon as I do, it almost log immediately log out after a few hours

thats what I always thought, but apparently people do money making on another account while they do some other shit on their main

Untrue. OSRS players hate new things and any Quality of Life. RS3 players hate microtransactions

>RS3 still makes over double what OSRS makes

How?

89 here. BLOPS2 is my favorite CoD because besides MW3 it's the only one I'm good at.

I agree with the other people, the soul in this game wasn't just the graphics but the bumbling way we went about things. Remember when low to mid level people used weapons other than scimitars? Or following and eventually leading people to different towns?

It's because you get RS3 and OSRS at the same time. Two games for one subscription retard

Bonds + Cosmetics from Solomon's Store + Treasure Hunter Keys

Whales dumping fuck tons of cash into their microtransactions. It's not sustainable forever though.

>paying for membership with actual money
do Americans actually do this?

>tfw Jagex once emailed me to be a Player Moderator when I was a kid
>replied with no thanks man I don't want to

Attached: 1549858655578.gif (607x609, 514K)

>RS3 Mobile Beta spots opened
>played it
>trained Agility and Mining in bed while talking to clan mates

MAXIMUM COMFY

Attached: League of Legends.jpg (4210x1780, 1.51M)

It's easier to just buy a month or two when you're starting out until you can easily sustain bonds

>Made a shitload of money using a gimmicky staking strategy since people would actually do more than just box with whips.
I miss this so much. I had some staff that would half all melee damage you took and then challenge people several levels higher than me to duels and enable magic but keep that one setting on where both players couldn't move in order to lull them into a false sense of security, and some people were either cocky enough to fight me or weren't paying attention to the settings. Then they would do absolutely no damage to me while I tank their hits and heal all of my health back with blood barrage. I think one guy I beat twice said he was going to commit suicide and blame it on me if I didn't give him some arma set I won off of him back.

Attached: 154563453.jpg (912x905, 96K)

Why the fuck would I want to pay a premium for one game to have access to a separate game I don't want to play?

>playing a game that will be shut down in a couple of years

Attached: 1551461713127.png (645x773, 11K)

Play both. RS3 being bad is a meme started by 30 year olds who refuse to let the past die

esketti

> I think one guy I beat twice said he was going to commit suicide and blame it on me

Had this happen to me once when I lured an idiot off the forums into the wildy for some low tier rares back in the day

League never had soul, at least now the champions require some degree of execution and aren't entirely composed of target shots like boomer league was since at that point it was just a budget DoTA.

Attached: g7e12y60hjry.png (561x637, 805K)

>chopping yew logs
>want to make money for god armor because that's all there was to work towards as f2p
>look up on forums how much guthix armor costs because he was the best god
>spend weeks chopping yew at Edgeville and offering to buy anyone there's Yew for like 15 gp under market value each
>then sell it all for like 15 above market value
>do this in stacks of like 2k logs so I'm making 60k per flip in addition to what I'm cutting
>keep checking forum for prices every couple days because I'm getting closer and closer
>after a few weeks of this I realize I was looking at prices for GUTHANS armor and not GUTHIX
>Guthan's was the premier melee training armor at the time
>I had way overshot the amount of money I needed
>bought guthix armor and green h'ween
>eventually upgraded to blue h'ween and then santa hat because I was dumb and annoyed that everyone gave santa hats the attention even though blue h'ween cost just as much
>log back in several years later and my account had been hacked

So?

>delusion the post

>Implying fashionfaggotry doesn't exist on OSRS

The order of fun in Runescape playstyles btw

RS3 Ironman > OSRS Normal > RS3 Normal >>> OSRS Ironman

it does but its infinitely better

he's right RS3 is a garbage chinky WOW ripoff and their designs are fucking awful.

fashionscape has been a thing since classic my dude. Except now you find the absolute gayest shit for sale as cosmetics in RS3

/3 are redditors
That's literally every game.

>Implying nu-treasure trails rewards aren't for flaming homosexuals
I want to personally strange everyone who wears that ankou set or that beer that gives you the drunk walk

Yeah look at this over the top max level armor. How DARE they make such a flashy unrealistic armor

Attached: Trimmed_masterwork_equipment_equipped.png (649x1363, 665K)

is it worth if I began making an account and start from scratch? I keep seeing how everyone has billions in cash loaded up after a few days from doing a few simple end game things that would be impossible in real old RS. It's putting me off a bit

HOW UNREALISTIC. Flashy and loud and practical and... how armor would look in real life?

the problem is rs3 is nothing but daily objectives and microtrannies

Play RS3. It has a better Early game and End game. Mid game is the same on both. You can make about 30M an hour in RS3 endgame PVM

Not since eoc and modern god wars shit with characters like guthix dying ruined the game. Also that cash shop with the rapist looking genie.

OSRS has a ton of dailies as well

It looks exactly like WoW armor, only shittier.

Attached: dims.jpg (580x363, 47K)

Yikes

Attached: yYPKgWS.png (490x592, 598K)

runescape classic had more soul

i haven't done a single daily challenge since i started. they're there but you never ever ever have to do them which applies to literally every activity in OSRS as well

The only daily thing worth doing in OSRS for someone with a decent account is buying battlestaffs.

Of course you don't have to but you miss out on a ton of cash overtime if you don't do them.

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

this
also rs3 is just really ugly

Nah herb runs are worth it as well and I made about 50m back from herb boxes as well

Unironically looks fine and fits the art style fine

If you want to give a good example of JUST OSRS designs, here's one.

Attached: Eggshell_outfit_equipped.png (594x1175, 96K)

This is LITERALLY just Alliance WoW armor you faggot

Attached: Justiciar_armour_equipped.png (468x1175, 64K)

What's wrong with that?

Literally just obsidian armor with nothing flashy about it

Fuck off RS3 zoomer

>Nah herb runs are worth it as well
I said if you had a decent account.

If you literally start from scratch with just one account it will take you a long time to reach end game gp levels, the quickest to reach is probably zulrah in terms of questing etc but even then you aren't going to be making much gold on a non maxed account without house portals/raid scroll prayers/gear and what not. Making a new account is similar to the "one small favour" quest, there's always one more thing to do. Just enjoy the game and don't worry about being super efficient or anything.

The best money maker with no real requirements is probably rev caves but that's in the wilderness so being able to deal with higher leveled players/teams killing you is basically a requirement in itself.

It has identical graphics to 2008 Runescape aside from the graphically reworked areas which look good

youtube.com/watch?v=GEsGC0YnYPU

Attached: 1442872858072.jpg (385x387, 17K)

>it's okay to look like shit if it's in the game I like
zoomer logic on full force

I have a 2200+ total. You are still missing out on a solid amount of cash if you don't do it. Also you're missing out not maintaining Miscellenia.

>implying it looks like shit
>implying you're not grasping at straws

Attached: 1540738308524.jpg (921x640, 100K)

Just do player owned farms for cash by grinding for rare animals. It takes a while but the REALLY rare animals are worth a lot

ok well thats ugly then
i dont care when its from all i know is that its ugly and not runescape

is there any value in social interaction in the game nowadays though? or is everyone still all about maximum efficiency and no talk? or when they do talk, everyone acts like people in youtube comments making references to garbage memes?

It factually does look like shit. Nevermind the fact that a lot of the new content in OSRS is just repurposed RS3 content.

Dominion Tower -> NMZ
Tormented Demons -> Demonic Gorillas
One of a Kind -> Dragon Slayer II

Here's another one

Attached: Shayzien_armour_(5)_equipped.png (260x718, 56K)

Not really. At least in RS3 you have organized clans. OSRS is a clusterfuck with socializing

These posts verify that I'm too old to be on this fucking website anymore

>It factually does look like shit.

Make an argument for it or fuck off

yes the community is shit and has been since the GE

If you're significantly older than 21 then yeah you probably are

>fallout NV
>dark souls 1
>bloodborne
>dragon's dogma
Moving on to indieshit
>hollow knight
>risk of rain
>terraria
>cuphead
I'm sure there are more
There are still developers out there who care about their craft that haven't been bought by EA or activision yet

DEFINITION OF SOUL

Attached: 5070-13[1].jpg (1024x768, 125K)

What's significantly older? I'd say the largest demographic here is in their twenties.

Attached: 1549766421358.png (1145x656, 718K)

rs3 vs osrs? I only want to put all my efforts into one

significantly older to the point that 21 years old is offensively young to you

>that glorious feel when you finally manage to convince your parents to pay for membership and walk through the gate north of Falador

Attached: 1541774158016.png (1280x720, 313K)

Play both. literally no reason not to. RS3 Hardcore Ironman/Normal Ironman is the best though

OSRS is better but you'll quit after a few months because MMOs and adulthood don't mix

Zoomer detected. It looks more like T4.

RS3 is trash and OSRS is full of redditors (and the only reason why the suck sucks off OSRS so hard is because Yea Forums is ALSO full of redditors)

The winning move is not playing.

Attached: redditscape.png (1876x1037, 1013K)

don't listen to this guy though. OSRS is not better and is really fucking dull in 2019

I never had that feel, and never bought a bond because I'm jewy that way

Nonsense, lmao. This is more like a braindead normie 1999 than a regular 1996.

but RS3 is not trash

oh and your gay cosplay WoW-lite isn't?

youtube.com/watch?v=JM7TGt8KI1A

Attached: 1546321413511.gif (160x172, 28K)

Why are reddit memes so much better than Yea Forums meme bros

no because at least the combat isn't attack, pray and move every now and again to avoid an AoE and never get hit until you make a mistake because movement is fucking broken

in rs3 they reduced protection to 50% instead of 100% because they realized that was fucking boring

runescape has way too many servers tbqhwy

because you're a double digit IQ child.

thats ok
worlds would be too crowded and nobody would be able to do things such as slayer and non instanced bosses

how come everyone quit after EoC then?
I jumped ship when they put in fair trade and removed wildy.

>implying there's a difference anymore
wojaks and peepees are rage faces now

you are reddit

Jesus christ we're being out-wojaked

Attached: BQHwusw.png (1126x530, 291K)

because EoC was broken on release. 4 years later and it's fixed and has more abilities and was balanced

wojaks and pepes are t_d memes, and you can promptly fuck off back, fren.

Attached: 500full-igor-bogdanoff.jpg (500x500, 30K)

There's still clans/discord pvm groups around it's just hard to get into them. You don't really find many people casually talking in game while fishing or something anymore though.

think i will play RS3 for a while honestly, just looked at some OSRS videos and they look too tryhard memers, I think 3 is looking a bit more comfy.
I only want to play for a while though, just something to do in my spare time

I caught TWO offenses at once because Jagex was butthurt about 6/6/6. What kind of fucking loser sits there reporting people making smalltalk in the fishing guild? The next retarded offense after that got me permanently muted and I just stopped playing or paying for good.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 15.44.47.png (1100x1568, 318K)

Nah. in OSRS clans are closed off. in RS3 people advertise clans in the GE

but at that point you might as well just play a different more polished mmo, I get the feeling a lot of people only stuck with rs3 because they already sank years into the game and felt like they were losing out if they started over on osrs.

good luck user. just remember that if you don't like the interface you can change it whenever you want

Jagex used to never email players until the recent years.
Zoomer detected.

So seeing 25 year olds on here makes you think you're too old? Because there are way younger people on here, like myself.

maybe it was a PM on their main site, this was long ago, and I don't remember.

that was the shittest part about OSRS, starting from scratch was such a let down. would be cool if they at least halved the skills if you hopped into osrs

No fuck that. Quests + Bossing in RS3 is top tier

no the shittiest part is that OSRS is actually horrible and playing it is tedious garbage

Gotta be honest with you starting over osrs with a fresh as fuck economy with everybody racing to get gold/racing to 85 slayer etc was some of the most fun I've ever had on rs. It's something you can't really recreate in game.

I can see that, but holy shit it spawned such an unbearable community

posting /fa/
i started a month ago so i got to work for some of the other shit i need

Attached: fa.png (320x321, 49K)

I think it's just the way the internet as a whole changed since actual 2007. You have shit like reddit/speed runs/twitch/efficiency autists etc that have come about since then which really changes the way people view games like this.

Have some actual soul.

Attached: 2d runescape.png (510x344, 68K)

saved

wow you're so post-modern and cool for hating people on [other website] for enjoying something and creating memes about it.
those fags drawing godswords into upvote symbols are better company that (you) fags who can't have fun beyond ridiculing stale memes from other websites

Attached: flat.gif (320x240, 1.62M)

Zezima still plays OSRS and RS3

proving my point

go back, please

agreed, what a fucking shame dude

i was here
first. so no. also

no

one

actually cares about this spacing or finds it offensive

we all do.
Fuck off you spastic

keep your cancerous wojak/brainlet spamming over there please

Nah, I've done shit like that. I did a huge drop party of over 100m last year when I quit and gave some random noob 20m another time like 7 years ago.

I was born 89 and I don't see anything wrong with this picture.

Yeah, I'm 124 cb in OSRS and it even feels that way for me. Lots of catching up to do if I ever get back into it.

Faggot play RS3

>i'm spastic for not caring about how people format their posts
gee, you've got me now

when I finally got members for the first time, I quickly got bored. whats up with that?

you're a spastic because you got offended we aren't like rebbit.
Go rejoin your fellow jobless incels and stay there

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-220418.jpg (1080x999, 201K)

the mystery dies whwn you cross the gate.
I remember literally DREAMING about becoming a member as a kid for months, imagining how all those red quests play and what all those locked items do.
I quit a month after I got memb

Name a game or series with more soul. You actually fucking can't.

Attached: 1549992355118.jpg (919x869, 239K)

you old fuckers are still bitter huh.

Maybe nostalgia? I personally have a bigger affection for f2p myself since I didn't get membership until 2008.

then why does every QoL shit gets added in

okay, you've convinced me to leave. I'm gone from Yea Forums forever.
thanks for interacting with me user and providing your invaluable, original input
just imagine that there's a crying wojak to my left. I had it saved to repost just in case your strawman was true

what the fuck even is that gay nintendie shit?
fuck outta here moron.

fucking delete this. it hurts too much to see what has come and gone rs3 is fucking bullshit and osrs doesnt have soul. its nice but its not the same. Along with the fact that if i even see the map from rs i want to buy membership to play again but i know ill waste my money.

Attached: ree.jpg (1152x2048, 301K)

same here, I got that horned helmet from the barbarians and pretty much quit afterward

maybe. I was f2p for like, 6 years before getting members, i honestly prefer f2p for some odd reason, but yeah maybe its nostalgia

aren't (You) going to check that (You)?

stop being a quintessenially reddit passive agressive little cunt and conform to the culture of the place you're at.
You only caught flack because you got buttblasted at us making fun of some memes for 10 year olds.

It was actually early 2011 that they brought back wildy pvp and free trade. That was a nice 1.5-2 year span before they fucked RS with EOC

w-what

I get not liking that aspect, but I like not having to spend money on membership, especially since they raised its price.

I always try to force myself to stay off of that timesink by giving all my shit away. I gave away about 350m and now I want to play again. 99 slayer, maxed melee/hp, 94 mage/range, 99 farming and I think some other 99's, too.

I remember quitting in 2007 and then coming back a year later and being confused as to why I couldn't attack noobs in the wilderness. Also lost a ton of money doing a drop trade. Sad realization.

it's sarcasm. reddit doesn't own sarcasm
>making fun of some memes for 10 year olds.
no, I'm making fun of you for trying to conform. for someone who hates reddit, you spend a lot of time posting and thinking about it

it's scummy that they still quash RWTs despite that.
If people wanna sell the account they spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars on, they have every right.

Fuckihng bring back at least vanilla osrs
>2013 was 6 years ago
fuck

Attached: 2013.png (1464x814, 2.57M)

Just go ironman

I can't understand what must be going wrong in one's life and brain to do max efficiency firemaking at the GE for 5-8 hours straight. Getting 200m exp in any skill is sad.

the wii came out 8 years ago. im still coping desu

I mean, he did have his death literally be his username

I take it you haven't heard of Jebrim? The guy that has 200m agility xp on multiple accounts across both games.

Nu-osrs fags dont know this feel

Attached: whip.png (1444x790, 1.3M)

>raising gp/exp by fletching arrows instead of bows
No, noob.

ITT we post games that we played when we were between the age 6 and 16

The wii came out 13 years ago

>wii
That shit came out 13 years ago idiot

I'm glad I'm maxed melee now so I don't have to put up with doing that garbage anymore.

isn't lynx titan a total fucking loser IRL who does nothing but gain XP for 15h a day?

I picked up runescape recently since it was free. Bought a membership after a week because I had hit the point where farming a skill/making money was pointless and took longer in F2P.

It legitimately just doesn't feel like a game sometimes. Even Pest Control, what's supposed to be a fun game about killing shit mindlessly, is still just clicking on stuff and maybe prayer-flicking if you're feeling like paying slightly more attention.

It just barely feels like an actual game anymore. It feels like instead of adding content they could've just made skilling much better and not have it require literal hundreds of hours to get to a point where things can actually happen - they even pander heavily to playstyles that just shouldn't exist; Ironman is something that should've stuck to an account lock and not become a legitimately supported thing ingame, because it created a new level of elitism and actively allows people to throw even hundreds more of hours of their lives into a game that comes up as nothing.

In the timespan needed to get to 99 agility, you could legitimately become a healthy person.

I've talked to him before he's joined /vg/'s clanchat a few times. Dude has maximum autism.

You're forgetting that almost all those alts and bots have membership, so Jagex is still getting paid regardless.

Just looked up his twitter and while he is a fucking autist, he's based and redpilled.

Attached: oh.jpg (885x560, 68K)

Just get your account to a high enough level in f2p (like 50ish), get one month of membership for the 12 bucks, then haul ass and buy bonds for your membership in game. You'll never have to spend IRL cash on runescape again.

It's quicker to just buy membership outright it's far easier to bypass some of the tedious early levels doing some member quests like Waterfall that way.

Has anybody here seen my corpse?

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Attached: 1508476792690.jpg (1282x901, 74K)

Sounds like exp waste regardless. Might as well dump all your time into one game.

How the hell to people make 3-4m per 14 days of membership?

I'd be left with no money each time I re-subbed. no point.

not liking a game just because there's memes on reddit about it is pretty pathetic

New players aren't making gold quickly enough to do that, when you're at end game you can easily make 4m an hour.

>tfw massive gp gains but passwordlet
>runescape equivalent of making mad gains in the gym but being a manlet

I just did this quest on OSRS, after spendng like 20+ hours after getting back to it since 2010 or something. I think I have like 2 more F2P quests left before I probably stop playing.

Mostly by bossing and pvm you can earn a ton of GP. You wont be able to easily buy bonds for a while until you've done all the necessary questing and have 75+ all combat stats.

I'm maxed combat stats and have done every quest.

What's 4m per hour? isn't zulruh only 1m?

>last day of 7th grade, 2003
>get home, beat dragon slayer
>dad buys me membership on the first day of summer
>friends gather at the gate when i cross for the first time

Attached: runeturk.gif (498x331, 2.27M)

no this is about a runescape mod trying to force his beliefs into the game though that didn't go through luckily

I think only raids can get you that much per hour at a consistent rate

aw man, I remember those feels of having the TV turned on all night while home alone, and the same ads came on after ~12am

money monkies are 3-4m an hour on average with how often zenytes drop. they're better money than both zulrah and vorkath

He claims he has already spent 16k hours training agility. That's 2 full years worth of time, more if you include sleep. He could have become anything with that kind of dedication. He could have been one of the greatest at something that matters. Instead, he spent 90% of his free time for ten years clicking on a pixelated log and monkey bars. What a faggot.

Attached: 822D500E-691F-410C-98AE-40CF43F2BD1E.jpg (398x425, 107K)

>Yo dood! get on xfire
>*bong slurp*
>waaaatup

That's not realistic at all. GP is still slow early on. I don't recall bills in a few days being doable outside of lucky merching though, but maybe that's changed. Think about it, bonds would be way more expensive in game if gp was that easy to farm.

that is not fucking /fa/ ffaggot

>saradomin armor and zamorak cape

That's what I usually do. 4m/hr is a total lie.

That's like a zenyte drop every 3 hours.

You'll be lucky to get 1 a day

He would have been the right age to like it

What should Tzhaar armor look like then?

imagine having a ugly blue star on the cape instead a of nice red colored symbol to match your gear

Sorry to hear that. I'm still under 200 kills with 5 zenytes under my belt.

Nah that's no where near 3-4m an hour

Attached: Stonekeep.jpg (970x545, 63K)

motherlode mine
runecrafting
flipping anchovy pizzas by buying anchovies and plain pizzas, combining them, and reselling for profit and cooking xp
bossing and PVM

or you could just drop a game that wants you to waste away playing it mindlessly and buy a subscription to an mmo that doesn't want to squeeze the life out of you and is more fun

>everyone born after 2000 is _____

Attached: 1550455403215.png (617x718, 765K)

>an mmo that doesn't want to squeeze the life out of you

Attached: 1459910938331.jpg (487x317, 60K)

To get max gp you need max gear/house pool etc at zulrah and it maxes out at around 3.5 an hour depending on scale prices/luck with drops.
Vorkath is around 4m an hour with max gear/fremmy boot teleport from diaries
Hydra is probably around 4m an hour too as long as lance stays at it's current price.

I could go through everything but you get the jist of it, just having max stats isn't enough.

probably the first time I agree with a soul / soulless image

and eat lasagna

Lol no way vorkath at max efficiency average around 2.5-2.6m an hour. Zulrah is even worse than that since it has been nerfed prob around 2m

Literally looks like a Yea Forums meme. Most smaller subreddits aren't anything like the subreddits you find on the front page. For instance, you won't find random people shitting on Trump with years-old insults even when the post has nothing to do with him. Reddit's a big place.

Is melee vorkath viable?

What even is "soul"?
It just seems like a buzzword people tack onto mediocre games to convince themselves they aren't shit.

>Zulrah
3m gp/h
>Vorkath
3,5m gp/h
>Hydra
5-6m gp/h, 2m without uniques. Consider DKS or cerberus instead of boring simple bosses that print alchables

I don't like it because I played it to death when I was 12, and it only ever got worse from that point on.

do 2 herb runs a day

If you have void/rigour/max gear/salve ie I don't know how you manage to only get 2.5 an hour at vorkath lol, are you teleporting out after kills or something?

As for zulrah I get the feeling we're not on the same page when we say max efficiency, I mean 8 way switches, switching rings, dbowing for the last hits, vengeance, using teleport scrolls etc. 2.5m an hour sounds more like afking with tbow for a chill experience.

At one point I was selling feathers 15gp each, while at the same time buying them from a noob network I built up for 5gp at most.

I was born in 2001 (January 21, trigger happy jannies) and I enjoy OSRS. What's wrong with that?

this

I want 2008-09 Runescape to make a return but with free trade. RS2HD was fucking fantastic, but the PK/Trade bullshit had to happen.

Attached: 24.png (250x369, 94K)

OSRSHD looked great while preserving the gameplay.

Attached: Birb Sad.jpg (500x404, 20K)

as stated multiple times in every sould thread
SOUL = art direction and sound design
you can make the prettiest game ever, but if the color palette isn't consistent and the sound lacks kick, you basically made a shitty game.

compare MGS and TTS for example, sure it looks better, but it lacks every aspect which made the original actually memorable

Do you guys believe that the runescape 3 community is seriously wanting to remove pvp from wildy?

Attached: 1551969414850.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Got damn that was fun. I entered a day or two late and remember a level 28 with a mithril battleaxe being one of the most powerful people around. I went down the woodcutting route and made bank cutting yews. I had to spend 150k on a rune axe because you could only get them by killing ents and maybe through treasure trails I think before anyone had the smithing level required to smith them. I quit less than a month after release but was like 93 cb, about the same as my RS2 main without summoning, even though that account was 5 years old. Somehow even maintained straight A's in school. That was a productive month.... Then I came back a couple years later and had forgotten my password, so I had to start over. Original account name is archercneg.

With dragon hunter lance yeah it's viable. I believe range with void/dhcb etc is still better since you don't have to rely on any bgs specs or anything but I believe walking the flame phase is easier with melee

bro the osrs reddit community would unironically vote to remove it if it was polled

I'm not finding anything about Skychi's death. Do you have a source?

>I want 2008-09 Runescape to make a return but with free trade
You almost got your wish but Fagex intentionally made the client trigger bot detection software

Attached: yeaxrewsprm11.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

only thing I hated was the stupid running animation. looked like you were wobbling your body forward constantly

Pic related could be a sign of intelligence and self-control, no?

That graphical update always looked like absolute dogshit

Based Fagex

no.

It wasn't that bad, but I understand if you disliked it. I've played since 05, but that graphical update in 08 was the largest leap. It retained most of the visuals from the older RS, and the HD didn't look nearly as bad as RS3.
It was a nice option to have, even if you didn't like it.

Attached: .jpg (1400x700, 410K)

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: nwag26nlxok21.png (955x70, 125K)

Every damn time. Then I end up wasting my parents' money getting a month of membership again before I can buy bonds. Just keep your money in the bank when you quit, stupid brain.

The new human and chatheads were pretty shit but everything else about it was pretty nice.

Gotta go fast

>you will never go back

Attached: 2007-2016.png (799x981, 843K)

Attached: 1551923174664.png (1248x1504, 37K)

>no one moonwalking in that pic
did they even play the game?
youtu.be/Sux1KExMDbM?t=34

I remember having like 3 shards in 2000 kills or something. After that, my drop rates were pretty typical, thankfully.

>grindan for a game with abysmal content
yeah '04/'07/OSRS is great if you're looking for a part time job that's less exciting than cotton picking

Remember how the zones for specific goods and transactions were divided around west bank?
If you do, would you mind refreshing me a bit? It's been so long ...

>caring about reddit ever
you're not funny, dumb retard

Attached: 1542818132978.jpg (243x270, 24K)

If I did the math correctly, I had about a 1/10 chance of doing as poorly as I did, and you had a 1/15,360 chance of doing as well as you did. So if you really did get 5 drops in around 200 kills, then you got extremely lucky.

I played pre-wild RS in 2nd grade actually, faggot

Attached: 1535325361482.png (2048x768, 2.14M)

Attached: v4ms5u.png (1271x574, 44K)

This.

Back then it was like a living world where there were all kinds of autists trying to find their way, colliding and having fun in the process.

Now there are just a bunch of wiki automaton faggots just doing what they're told all silent and isolated. There is no more discovery or uniqueness.

People just tend to think about birth years differently than actual age. Like, when I hear 2001-born, I immediately think of a preteen, but when I hear 18 year old instead, a more mature image enters my mind. That's why you hear people talk about how people born in a certain year are going to be doing porn next year or be entering high school like it's a crazy thing. Just a weakness of many human minds.

Thanks amigo

Prove it

It's fine so long as it's earned in-game somehow.

For example, the leader of a kickass guild would get dicksucked in WoW, but generally if you're the head of a solid guild you're in a position to run shit for a reason.

Meanwhile P-Mods in Runescape are literally just faggots who did shit out of game to make their peepees seem big.

Good thing it's just a day

RuneScape has has small team raids now. Pretty comfy.

despite what the reddit trannies claim, the active playerbase is actually just as big as osrs, there's just not as many people on at once
the source is jagex themselves, in a stream where they were talking about how 120,000 people claimed some shitty butterfly pet

The fact that pvp polls fail immediately 99% of the time and a lot of people on that sub see killing random players in the wilderness as griefing. It probably wouldn't pass a poll but I think it would be alarmingly close and shocking that so many people dislike one of the things that put the game on the map.

I wish it had dungeoneering too, that was a lot of replayable fun

Poopsocking?

I think you mean sweaty. People who actively raid are the PVM equivalent to the dying race of EHP fanatics that have mostly migrated to twitter
>not as many people on at once
if people are logging into an MMO only to play it for 30-60 minutes at a time then it's more akin to a facebook game than an MMO. Whatever pays the chinese overlords the most I guess.

Attached: 1541638380203.jpg (598x450, 50K)

I feel like a lot of the fun of RS is being forced into dangerous situations to progress, so removing the wildy would kill the game. I'm also one of those people that usually votes against OP wilderness equipment though.

literally the only thing runescape has going for it is the quests, beyond them it's not even a real game, it's just a skinner box

OSRS community is packed with special snowflakes that want to seem out of the norm by playing an 'old' game. Most of the original proper old RS have already moved on long ago

literally the perfect image to describe OSRS

Attached: images (2).png (225x225, 3K)

I agree on the op equipment thing but its getting to the point where they can't add any content there unless it's mediocre as fuck so the shitters don't feel left out.

I dont want to play this game but i think about it constantly. I open it up every few days. I dont know how to kill this motivation. The game sucks, its a grind, i can go and play more ufn games, which i do, yet i cant stop thinking about it.

It's a skinner box the same way a lego set is just a bunch of plastic. Autistic simile aside, the game is all about setting goals and it does that almost perfectly. Kinda funny how you call it a skinner box yet for me it's everything I could ever ask for in an MMORPG

>real men play Chinese knockoff productions
Good Goyim

it fades in about a month along with novelty/nostalgia

It has been going on for 2 years now.

Now these retarded thoughts about making an ironman have popped up in my head. I hate this game so much. I wish i never found this game as a kid.

Born in 97 here, 5th grade was right when I stopped RS. Early elementary school, those were the days.

make it then, so you can do some random shit every now and again

you're beyond hope I guess.

BUT I DONT WANT TOO FUCK QUESTS FUCK MINDLESS GRINDING I NEED TO MOVE ON

>soul
>those shit 3d graphics
Original Runescape graphics had soul, that's just soulless shit

then look up the 'famous' players, realize that all they did was all for nothing in the end
not to mention that the number 1 right now is pretty much some nameless nobody to everyone

I was born in 96 and blops 2 is the shittiest COD after ghosts. World at War and Big Red One are the top tier CODs.

the chad noob method of money making was picking and spinning flax or mining pure essence

>started playing before wilderness was a thing
>quit as soon as they went p2w
Even the 12 year old me could see where the game was going after that

Yeah, wasn't there a poll on f2p teleblock that failed? I see no reason why it shouldn't be in f2p, it's hard enough to get pk'd in f2p outside of DMs, let alone in sub-20 level wilderness.

Once when I was playing world of warcraft I bought gold for the first time, and then, overcome by feelings of charity having become rich as fuck from poor as fuck started handing out thousands of gold left and right back during Wrath when it was still (kinda) worth something.

It happens.

I'm the type of person that has no interest for 6-18 months, but then gets a sudden rush of energy to get back into it, then quits again after 1-3 months. I think the reason I stay disinterested for so long is that I always liquify my bank (sans some untradeables like the fighter torso or fire cape) and give my cash away. That way I feel too daunted to build my bank up again.

There literally isn't a reason considering only people interested in pvp use f2p wilderness anyway. But since it's tied to pvp people vote no to "get back" at the kid that killed them for a glory a year ago.

that's why i've never even played osrs, i just don't think i'd even know how to interact with people like i did as a kid in 2006
genuinely cared for my friends on there, we'd always help each other out and meet up, just chatting about anything for hours on end

96 here too, and I liked Blops 3 even more than Blops 2.

same my man and i could barely stand 3

It's fun to revisit it, and walk down nostalgia lane as you marvel at your own mastery of the game as opposed to your bumbling as a child.

Kinda like helping your son with his homework and going "Heh, I remember this shit..." and being good at it.

But there's no fucking reason at all to actually immerse yourself in it anymore. You're not going back to 5th grade no matter what you do. Doing some 5th grade homework is a pale mockery.

I don't know if it's just me, but I couldn't even finish the campaign for any COD game after MW3.

That was the magic of Runegame before Widly and Trade update.
It was Capitalism 101 for kids

Guessing you unironically play A*ex L*gends

>varrock
Fucking newfags don't even know about my falador park

It was so exciting like a whole new world opened up. It was unironically like what the boomers say about Halo CE and how when they first landed on Halo they were in awe of its magnificent.

>redditors and nostalgiashits unironically pay 13 USD a month to play this grinding simulator

Attached: 3475lm2dux811.jpg (320x427, 39K)

My cousin and I would swap worlds in the armor shop in Varrock until we found one with a huge stock of iron bodies. Then we'd buy a ton and sell them on the worlds with a low stock for good profits (for us). We were extremely poor before we discovered that by accident.

My parents wouldve never done it, they thought their bank info would get stolen.

My best friends aunt paid for both of our memberships though

Why, no one PKs anymore.
If anything Wilderness needs to be made into an even bigger and more dangerous shithole, because now it just doesn't feel threatening like Morytania, which is a proper 3rd world gutter.
Needs something like cold damage in the Troll lands or desert heat.
I know its annoying but that is the point, its supposed to be Hell on Earth, not a bad neighborhood where you might get mugged

youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_O-xq1mp4

Only the dumb, well-off ones do. Everyone else just buys bonds on the GE.

based aunt

>Before Wilderness
There was no "before" Wilderness unless you started playing in 2001 or something.

>mined clay for hours and sat around waiting for planks to spawn on that one island to sell them outside the house portal in rimmington for meager gp
kino

Attached: 1531880981425.jpg (750x791, 95K)

>flavor of the month
>for like 6 years
>completely usurped rs3 in player count
I enjoy a lot of Rs3, but don't kid yourself. Rs3 is a bossing/slayer simulator with a dressup minigame.

Looking for deals and playing the market was the name of the game.
It just could not work today.
Didn't OSRS also start of without GE which just ended with people setting up a 3rd party Marketplace, so it was literally just like GE but more annoying?

The chat settings at the bottom really ties this image together.

first time i went through white wolf mountain i sperged the fuck out worried i was gonna die, and then i hiked across the entire map to get to castle wars cause that shit looked cool af and i didnt have a tele ring

Attached: 1465168800622.png (600x396, 369K)

>Playing Runescape
>Want to level crafting
>Cutting gems seems like an interesting way, though shit
>Genius idea
>Hang out at in Al Kharid's bank the Grand Exchange
>"Free gem cutting"
>People would run over and say that they are reporting me
>They would tease me by trading me to show me gems and declining
>Someone trades me one sapphire
>I cut it and hand it back to them
>He starts defending me and saying I'm legit
>A few more people get the courage and hand me a few
>Cut the gems and trade them back
>Eventually have a crowd of people surrounding me
>They're all fighting over if I'm legit or a scammer
>Never got in trouble
>mfw

Attached: 186.png (800x800, 492K)

It did start out without GE, yeah. Makes me surprised that I basically had a better account than my RS2 main after less than a month of grinding. I remember using the forums to purchase large quantities of items, but I never used any sort of artificial GE. Sounds neat though.

all the low level scum with 100m+ in gear are running the game for us by selling bonds for gold. anybody that legit "plays" runescape can get a month's worth of membership passively in a few hours

This is the exact reason why rs3 is dying.
More and more reliance on PvE.
Remember: MMO's are glorified social media networks. That's how they got popular in the first place.

Its either because when you are young time seems slower, but what feels like eternity playing Runescape actually was just 1 year at best, and mostly spend traveling around the land and attempting lucrative business ventures to get money to buy gear I was woefully under leveled for

I've actually never played castle wars for some reason. I've tele'd to it a ton of times to bank/for quests/to get to Yanille, but never thought to play a single time in my life.

>uncut gem
>examine
>"this would be worth more cut"
>cut it
>it's worthless
is this social commentary on America?

SOUL

Attached: Untitled.png (949x789, 932K)

I'm playing RS3 right now. Might switch to OSRS once I max, but for now I'm enjoying the fuck out of Invention.

all you have to do is join a "private" server a la Yea Forumsscape, play the full osrs for free, realise you will never be a child again and quit without a penny spent.
i doubt the real populated game is any better anyway when everyone just ignores eachother in mmos these days and treats them like glorified singleplayer rpgs.

HOLY FUCK SOMEONE ACTUALLY PLAYED THAT GAME

Attached: 1551960955001.jpg (640x380, 39K)

And I didn't care to level non-combat skills or do quests, so I had little opportunity to advance in the game besides kill shitty pvm monsters like blue dragons. One OSRS came around, I made an effort to make my account as solid as I could.

Really? how does it feel to be ignored?

it wasnt and probably still isnt very good, but to my child self it was rad.

>see killing random players in the wilderness as griefing
You mean it isn't?

>guy asking for feathers at barb fishing
>give him 10k of them
>an hour later
>same guy asking for feathers
that was the day I stopped helping people and started a rope + crude chair collection.

Loaded question; ignoring.

That was clan wars for me (in f2p). Chilling out in the deep-ish wildy and wasting the little money you had on str potions and lobsters/swordfish just to show off your slightly above average stats to strangers.

I like watching autistic people following certain rulesets with ironman accounts.Swampletics is pretty based.

Attached: Barry Smile.jpg (320x240, 37K)

begging works. I beg for obby capes and I usually get like 10 a day.

>Settled says "Im gonna be doing this for 600 hours" like it's nothing

Attached: [022845].png (500x659, 277K)

>based
>having jagex tweak drop rates for you
>having jagex spawn a net so you can fish which was never there to begin with

Attached: 1550459361399.png (519x526, 26K)

I know it works, people are dense. I witnessed a group of 4-5 people pitching in to get some new guy full obby + a b-neck a couple days ago. 99% sure he sold it and gave it to a dicebot 5 minutes later.

Then make more places PVP zones and fill those zones with high value resources.
They just did the mining and smiting update, and I agree with the smiting part, because it just was too out of date and something had to be done, I don't exactly agree with them making all rocks "infinite", as it cheapens everything and just makes a question purely of time.
Over reliance of PvE is obviously bad, but Runescape has always been a game with high level of PlayerWorld interactivity, and I think you can really get great results if you play around with it.
The two cornerstones of Runescape, at least for an ESL like me, was walking around the world and examining everything and finding new minigames/activities, and the Player Run Economy aspect.
The problem with PVP high importance zones would lead to big clans becoming favored as they are the ones that can lock such things down. On the other hand people may argue that that is exactly what is needed, some EVE like playerbase dynamics. There is the question of World hopping though, which could just result in 1 big clan per world running a Mafia style racket.
It is really sad that no one really tried cloning Runescape like so many did with WoW. There are tons of good core mechanics and ideas there, but it seems to late to try and reinvent something so drastically.
Perhaps it is just too late with modern communication abilities, for both the "Mysterious World" aspect nullified by seasoned wikiautists and hundreds of Youtube channels spotlighting any minor secret or detail, and the "Player run world" with Discord organization
I was the pure opposite, I barely leveled Combat and when may friends were already 100, I was only 78, despite having started playing first and being the one who introduced them to the game.

Why do you make things up?

pic unrelated?

>and I think you can really get great results if you play around with it
The "You" here was obviously meant as "The Developers"

wasteland 2

Attached: 20190116022747_1.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

Fuck off swampfag, there NEVER was a fucking net spawn ever until this faggot came along and fagex just HAPPENED to add one

Someone else asked a jmod for a net spawn on twitter last year and he added it stupid sperg

Sure, now you have big clans locking new players from interacting with others.

I made a rs3 ironman, levelled to 1900 total and quit because noone fucking talks at all.
it's a ghost town, most niggas are at clan chats and youtube, which turns into a massive circlejerk.

Why play a subpar game when you can experience great singleplayer RPG's? player interaction of course.
What happens when that's gone?
Well, i saw with my own eyes how shitty rs3 is.

Like i said, MMO's are glorified social media networks. If they can't fulfill that role, then you might aswell change games.

Attached: 1466376009966.jpg (1920x1080, 1.49M)

EDF
EDF
EDF

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Friendly reminder they are unironically ruining osrs with their shit updates that zoomer faggots on reddit suggest and vote into the game

>I was the pure opposite, I barely leveled Combat and when may friends were already 100, I was only 78, despite having started playing first and being the one who introduced them to the game.
My view over time has shifted from cb leveling mattering more to total level being a better measure of where your account is. Interesting that only combat level is conspicuous though, and we have to use the hiscores or a lunar spellbook spell to find someone's total level.

OC

Attached: OHNO.png (1094x627, 1.05M)

Shit, this came out in 2011?

I always assumed it was from like 2006.

I do this
>square rooting gp
with a calculator on a different tab. EZ $$$
vets are usually amused by it too and just give me a mill off the bat.
someone people give me crap by asking trick questions (since I suck at math) and mocking me for using a calculator, but I'm technically not scamming.

Attached: 5712758-deez-nuts-pictures.png (256x256, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY

Attached: 1544181245167.jpg (1280x720, 406K)

Best post in this thread.

Attached: animu.jpg (610x610, 102K)

>be young autistic kid
>can barely type, combat lvl 4
>meet friend, tells me I can lvl up easily killing chickens
>add him but says he offline
>told me to just meet him at the exact same place tomorrow
>never shows up
>always offline
>didn't realize for years that he was just pranking me and had me on ignore

>player gives a non-perfect square of gp to you
>you can't physically square root it, forcing you to give a rounded amount back
>account permabanned for scamming
Careful, user.

mountain blade's warbands

that's okay user I collected 5000 cow hides and tanned them one by one because I didn't bother to right-click the icon.
in OSRS.
as an adult who played it as a kid too.

Nope, RS1 all the way.

yeah they get slimy like that sometimes, and I just tell them 'Runescape has no decimals I have to round it up'

>but early RS2 did everything better.
The combat systems were completely different. Pures were only a lame imitation of the originals and there was no catching in RS2. Everyone I know quit and moved to WoW.

>always round up so they're making out like a bandit compared to the extra 0 gp they would have gotten
Foolproof

Are you sure that option's not just from an OSRS QoL update though?

I can't remember but I felt like an idiot for sure.

Durial did nothing wrong

Attached: Durial.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>Sure, now you have big clans locking new players from interacting with others.
I did point that out twice in my post as problem
Runescape worked in the 2000s because it was mostly kids first internet experience in a relatively disjointed era of internet, when forums ruled and there was no global communication.
If you discovered a method of moneymaking/effective skilling back then, it would take time before it made its round to the "masses".
When Youtube and reddit became viable, you now had people who spend day and night scouvering all sources for a new tidbids to capitalize on. Information became fast and cheap, so the world lost its mystery.
On the PVP aspect, as we both have pointed out, if there is no incentive, no one will bother, and if there is an one, it will be monopolized by most dedicated clans. Anything an individual can do a group can do better. Any in game handicaps placed on clans would just be overcome through 3rd party organization.
As you keep saying yourself about MMOs being Social Media(which I agree with), I will ad that the nature of Social Media has changed, from Facebook to Instagram, and as a result, so has "MMO" changed from investment-heavy to Instant-gratification

Being a continuation of a GoldSrc mod, its understandable why someone would think that

Technically they would all be irrational numbers though, so you'd never have enough decimal places regardless.

Probably because of all that good 'ol fashioned Source jank.

Attached: 1493693521078.png (853x470, 270K)

Sounding dangerously pedantic there, user.

fucking thank you.

Worst part about this image.

he's probably a mathfag or a mod lmao.
I suck at math and scamming people by beong coy with it probably isn't the smartest idea, but it beats mining coal n shiet

S O U L

Attached: commander-keen-4.png (640x400, 9K)

Just stating a fun fact, not getting pissy over a fraction of a gold piece :)

>he's probably a math fag
I'm like a mathfag/NEET bybrid. I'm a math major but half the time I'm on a leave of absence from college because I'm lazy as shit.

but seriously though, even scamming people is fun interaction these days, I'm not botting or outright insulting the game.
All I do is bankstand and get gp to kill time

>cant let go of my childhood: the screenshot

too much clicking

HD runescape was the good times, early into EoC was where it started to drop for me. The Guthix dies quest was pretty neat so were the abilities. After that I only logged in to do runespan and player owned ports which were 10/10 content desu. during my internship.

>Not wanting armor made out of the bones of your 1000 year old enemies?

>I will ad that the nature of Social Media has changed, from Facebook to Instagram, and as a result, so has "MMO" changed from investment-heavy to Instant-gratification

I think i've had a major breakthrough with this sentence.

Yep, you're right. I'm not the target audience for this genre anymore. Investment heavy suits me.

There's an npc in this game which specifically calculates pi and fills up a circle using mspaint spray tool (?)

Scamming people is at least a throwback to a time when people actually interacted in RuneScape

i remember the pi thing, didn't have a clue what was happening as a kid though.

Content saturation has resulted in people, even kids, not having the time to invest into anything one, as trends change lighting fast.
Back in 2000s every new F2P game was major news as they were few and far between. Now a new one seems to release everyday.
The times have changed, sadly for a lot of us, as I too enjoy putting time and effort into the games I play

I remember coming into osrs and finding out about nmz, what a fucking shitshow
>ruined markets for most crafting materials
>100% afkable 99s
literally knew right then and there osrs was just rs3 pandering to nostalgia and looking back 6 years later with every rs3 thing they added i was right

You can't totally afk at NMZ anymore, but it's still pretty chill. Though with protection prayers, combat was always chill, so that's not a big deal.

Yeah I know they got rid of hosting and all of that but its still fairly afkable and the damage was done. I knew so many champs with 99 combats and like 1200 total bc they just bought gold to buy overheads and nmz hosting. Now they have shit like ivy and bonfires that make 99s brainless and easy and it all just doesn't sit right with me

>Now they have shit like ivy and bonfires that make 99s brainless and easy and it all just doesn't sit right with me
Thankfully not in OSRS (yet).

I opened the thread just to see this. Thanks.

baste

i like it user