store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tropico 4
tropico 6

Banished [already posted]
Sim City 4
Caesar 3
Settlers IV

any of sierra/impressionsgames old city-building series (caesar, pharaoh, zeus, emperor)
there's a certain degree to which they're "solvable" by building the most efficient housing blocks, but they all have extensive campaigns that mix things up enough to keep you interested

>tfw banished is fun
>tfw the only real danger is weather so you eventually reach a point where it's impossible for you to lose

ceasar III definitely

Foundation

have you tried dawn of man? has a bit of a banished feel to it, but at least early on there's plenty of danger (have to hunt large animals for food, some of them are dangerous; predators who will go out of their way to target your kids or animals; raids; storms)
it's not really a hardcore city builder though, it's even smaller-scale and more survival focused than banished

no, but i'll give it a look.

I hope some mods will put more content into this game. It's comfy at first but once you play long enough everything works on it's own and you just get bored.

yeah. some new map environments with different flora/fauna and a couple new spiritual building types would go a long way
nevertheless I think the first 5 or so hours of running a town are pretty great, good enough to play it several times over even in its current state

dawn of man

Attached: 858810_20190307090224_1.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

how the fuck can I play Cities Skylines without ending up basically copy pasting every area?

I just end up making a neighborhood, put all the essentials in (schools, police, etc), and repeating that.

Attached: header.jpg?t=1544021134.jpg (460x215, 49K)

Caesar III is my favorite city builder of all time. Been playing it since I was a kid that didn't even know what the fuck was going on.

Attached: caesar_luxury_palaces_large.jpg (800x600, 119K)

maybe download a bunch of mods and uniquely detail every little part of your city after your imagination and tools?

in order to have fun long-term in cities skylines, you have to approach it from the perspective of creating a city that maybe isn't perfectly efficient, but is interesting to look at and reasonably efficient
try creating a few districts that follow contour lines of hills/shorelines or the edge of forests or whatever, you might have a similar collection of service buildings in each but you can make them all feel different with different sizes and layouts.

also this

>creating a city that maybe isn't perfectly efficient, but is interesting to look

I'm too autistic to do this. my banished towns are super effective, but they look like absolute shit.

Any mods that expand on Banished. It's just gets boring pretty fast, late into the game the AI seems to fuck up assigning Jobs as well.

Attached: 1551492481359.jpg (455x670, 27K)

Can it run on a toaster that barely is able to run Banished without overheating?

try then. those cities look great almost no matter what you do, and the challenge in those games is designed around maxing out efficiency
C:S is mostly about being creative and designing a nice-looking city

Could never get the bloody placements of markets down, I always seemed to fuck myself over at the beginning.

>try creating a few districts that follow contour lines of hills/shorelines or the edge of forests or whatever,
I tried just that. What I ended up was more uniquely shaped areas, where the same issues still arose.

Want to expand? Mark out some more land for development. Oh no, not enough hospital beds! Better pump out another hospital.

There's no challenge to it, except for traffic management. Money is also easy to come by.

It feels like going through a list of required buildings, plopping them down and repeating that. How a district looks is then mostly only a visual effect, and has not that much changing impact on gameplay

it's not very resource intensive, but a little more so than banished I think. might not work. the maps are very large

Are you familiar with the CC mod yet?

Just combine the two. Make super efficient part one part of the map. Then make a pretty one on the other.

Bit of a longshot. But are there any mappacks for Stronghold: Crusaders that you guys know off?

Attached: 1550197868857.jpg (800x600, 63K)

everything you've said is right, I just think maybe you're playing the wrong game. playing through with vanilla assets and trying to "win" is absolutely a shallow experience in c:s, most of the interest is in the ability to use mods and community assets to fine-tune the way your city looks.

They just need good road access to houses. What's the issue?

FUCK playing Banished
You niggers told me it was comfy, I spent every winter desperately praying for the food reserves to last, and then everyone fucking died
Such a stressing game

Sierra City Builder Series
Tropico series
Tilted Mill Entertainment games
SimCity series (not the 2013 verision)
Capitalism series.

>There's no challenge to it, except for traffic management. Money is also easy to come by.

In meaning no offense to you, that's the point of Cities Skylines.

Is Tropico 5 any good? Thinking about getting it now that it's on sale. Never played any games from that series before.

Attached: 1517351532942.jpg (803x711, 66K)

Did they fix the "I can't fuck my wife when my mother is still in the house" shit?

if you give yourself a starting scenario where you have some crops to grow, it is pretty comfy. just overproduce food massively and only build 2-3 houses per year (excepting homes for your initial people)

Foundation

Attached: comfy.jpg (3840x2160, 2.51M)

>I just think maybe you're playing the wrong game
Possibly. I think I'm in the same boat as , but to less of an extreme. I want my video games not to be a list of simple chores, or so easy there is no challenge.

I think the biggest issue is how trivial accomplishing anything in Skylines is.

I fucking love Sim City 4. It feels magnitudes more challenging to accomplish something interesting and successful in that game.

Good start if you are new to the series. Play 3 or 4 after that for hardcore experiences.

>early access
This looks good, does it have enough content or am I looking at a few hours at most?

>fix
I think that's a feature. supposed to encourage you to expand
I'm not sure I agree with it but I can see the reasoning, sort of

again, C:S isn't there to challenge you on a gameplay level, even if it occasionally tries to broadcast the fact that it is. I think a lot of people play with unlimited money and everything unlocked, if that helps explain the mentality at all

Redpill me on the Anno games. Are they good city builders?

Attached: 1507366796894.jpg (535x720, 247K)

basically you just need one game to experience everything, not much variety in bulidings and progression is pretty linear, so the latter

what are some good mods for CS to make it more eye candy?

1404 is. All you need really.

>Are they good city builders?
I've only played 1404, but I'd say no. great game, definitely worth playing if you like this kind of stuff, but 90% of what you're doing is expanding your empire/trade network more aggressively than your AI competitors, the city-building aspects are relatively simple
it looks city builder-ish, but it feels more like an RTS or something when you're playing it

Fuck me, have they been consistent with updates and seem reliable at least or does it look like the usual eternal development hell?

They have regular updates and maybe one day it'll be a great game

All of them are godtier games.
Anno 2070 is easily the best.
Do not trust babbies like .
Anno 1404 is cool too if you want a medieval city builder, tho it has half the amount of content Anno 2070 has.
Anno 2205 is also not bad, but it's radically different from any Anno game ever released and it plays more like Cities Skyline than an Anno game.
Still good nonetheless.

Don't expand too quickly. Make sure you have a food supply that will at least last you two years.

Nah. What does it do?

Adds a fuckton of stuff, production branches, etc. I don't play without it anymore. You can easily get it from the Steam workshop, just be sure to check you have the latest version, and not just the most popular one.

>Communism
Oh no no no no.

Try unadulterated Capitalism Simulator OP.
store.steampowered.com/app/774351/Citystate/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 75K)

Banished is fucking trash. Deep as a fucking puddle.

I always really liked getting water. It was so fullfilling.

Psh, you can't even make real communism in Tropico. I have to charge my people for entertainment? What is this?

adds a fuckton more width, not really any more depth. if you like banished it'll give you several more hours of fun, but most of the game's limitations (ie. there isn't much to do once your city and all its production is stable) are bigger than mods can solve

youtube.com/watch?v=pJzARezGBWQ&ab_channel=Keralis

'We are billions" looks fun, but probably stressful.

yeah, I'm looking forward to this, seems neat. the dev is pretty active on twitter, seems like he's making actual, regular progress. the stuff he's saying about a campaign mode sounds cool too.

store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

Just keep an eye out for this.

Mods, son.
Also, go on google earth or something and look up places in your city or others to copy them

Attached: Screenshot 10.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

What gameplay mods am I missing out on? Cooler looking things don't really add that much for me.

It's comfy but pretty light on actual content. Guess that comes with the team size.

I'm also gonna mention Frostpunk, which is a pretty good game if you like a bit of pressure. The main scenarios aren't that hard once you know what you're doing, but there's also harder difficulties and the endless endurance mode.

Attached: 2019-02-25 08-19-36.webm (1680x1050, 2.94M)

ymir releases in like, 8 days I think. looks comfy as fuck despite having 4x elements

>walls
Why though? You cant be invaded and there are no threats what so ever

not that guy (i just enjoy making nice comfy cities not really looking for a challenge)
what mods do you recommend?

Attached: 858810_20190306184429_1.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

F A C T O R I O
A
C
T
O
R
I
O

He said city building simulators, not autism inducing drugs

Can't wait.

Attached: ss_177b14440b201e4f99ab621dd6cd22ddfc17b24a.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.49M)

I mostly play the game as eye candy simulator more than anything these days.
For gameplay, i'd say the essential mods for me are
Automatic bulldozing/ emptying, building themes, demand master, dynamic resolution, fine road tool/ anarchy, first person camera, more speed options, more beautification, move it, network skins, post process fx, prop remover, shadow strength adjuster, advanced vehicle options and Ragnarok
And as far as assets go, I mostly use almost everything from already made lists like the brooklyn collection or the vintage vehicles collection or the great american one yabba dabba.
Just go on steam, sort by downloads and check what you like.

Attached: Screenshot 12.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

I want to play teh new anno

all i remember in banished is spamming houses constantly so my resources wouldn't float

it gets like that eventually, yeah. if you start out in a harsh environment with no crops to farm, you have to be a little more restrained for the first few years at least

I don't know if it counts as a city builder but I just tried RimWorld and man it's pissing me off.

How about Anno 1800?Does it look like it has potential?

how so? long-time DF player? and no, it's not a city builder, but I agree that the base-building stuff scratches some of the same itch

Just the autistic level to which you have to micromanage each settler if you want them to not be completely retarded, only for the game to constantly rain fire starting lighting strikes down in the middle of my crop fields anyway.

yeah, you have to be in the right mindset for it. either you enjoy that level of autism, or you accept that your colony is going to be imperfect and you let some shit slide for the amusement factor
it does get (slightly) less absurdly micromanagey a couple years in, when you have farms and buildings and a good labour distribution

because it has no real circulation management
no ressource management
no real sense of progress other than stupid pop landmarks that magically unlocks batch of randomly tiered stuff
I came to the conclusion that the last sim city gameplay was great if you throw aside the lazy city limits and online play

fucking finally.
Why is there almost no medieval city builders.
Its a right proper fit.

>the last sim city gameplay was great if you throw aside the lazy city limits
Isn't the maximum default size insultingly small as it is?

it was a fucking joke desu but the game kept me more interested than cities skylines because you have a progression and real managements
If I just want to paint maps I would play CK2

SimCity 4
forever and always

I played Banished when it was released. Had my fun for 30 hours, but i got the gist of it very fast. Did they expand or update siginificantly so a replay would be worth?

Attached: 242920_screenshots_2014-02-21_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 606K)

how is this btw? reviews are good but is it just this month's meme game?

Early access?
Yeah no thanks

its comfy but a bit too easy

frostpunk if that counts

same here, had my fun building a comfy village until I got hit by a chinese like crisis of too much ppl dying and not enough young workers to replace and then starving and then learned to balance it and then tornado and then starving and so on

Nah, I think it's abandoned. Dev, 1 guy btw, hasnt update since for over 5+ year

It does. Its a great game.

I think the dev said something like the game is finished and he wont do anything on it. modders do the work now.

How's The Universim coming along?

Attached: 1542006946176.jpg (1024x1004, 291K)

easy and boring, i got some enjoyment out of it for 50 minutes but you just automate everything and it's a joke

Anno 1800 comes out in a month and a half I believe. I played the beta its pretty comfy, especially with friends.

yeah, it was his intention to release it as a finished product and not go down the bullshit early access path, which I respect even if I wish there was more to do late-game. I think he's working on a new game now

SimCity 4 is the best you can find as of today.

It costs 30 bucks I think, but its like 10-15 for the amount of content it has right now. Only buy if you want to support the developer.

Black and white 2 theres no better city building game

damn that trailer on the store looks fucking great.

>tfw no new Rise of Nations

I too, know that feel.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 45K)

Dungeons 3 is extremely comfy and actually pretty good

It just has absolutely beyond cringe tier meme humor. But you can ignore it, the gameplay is actually pretty good..

Attached: dunh.jpg (616x353, 92K)

all builders do that fucking hurrr llamas so random shit to acknowledge sim city

rise of nations is rts not city builder

What about city builders that aren't purely about city building? Like Black and White?
Any of you guys got anything like that? I really, really miss Black and White/BW2

>A game concept I've always wanted to see is coming out
>You're fucking pig hoplites and pig longbowmen.

Fascinating. Not sure if the MMO quality will go over well or not but I'll try it.

Attached: 1269554567769.gif (730x413, 11K)

Cautiously optimistic, i'm afraid the game will run like ass tho, since Anno 2205 wasn't really a benchmark breaker and the open beta of Anno 1800 was awfully unoptimized.

Define toaster. I have an A10 9400 laptop that it's very crash happy on, although it does run. On the main machine it runs fine, though that's an i7 2700k, 16GB, Nvidia 1060 box.

Do you need connection to internet to play this?

Based and Presidente pilled

Attached: El_Presidente.png (531x649, 533K)

>It just has absolutely beyond cringe tier meme humor
Thats what stopped me from playing Dungeons 2.
>hello great evil
>super big evil XDD
>extraordinary large evil XDDDD
Its so fucking grating.

I love city builders but my biggest grief is stupid distances of buildings, so you end up making every city look like a microprocessor instead of an organic town/city/surrounding.

In real life it's quite common for children to drive 5+ kilomters to school with a bus but the cities skylines wants the school right next to the home.

Attached: 7c709afbe8a1c42be4eb7cd12c011733.jpg (500x500, 102K)

Set yourself some goals: organic shapes, grid, or hybrid lay-out, central arrangement, green, vibrant industry, comfy Euro city, you decide, play it as a sandbox game.

Attached: shittyskylines.jpg (1920x1080, 701K)

That's an aesthetic city you got there.

what the fuck. This game cant possibly be as good as the concept sounds.