Untitled

Attached: what went so horribly wrong.gif (1537x720, 227K)

b-but the quirky characters and the amazing chiptune soundtrack!! ahaha
PING PING PLONG PLONG PLING

Attached: 1525689623734.jpg (500x500, 27K)

First off what specifically are you implying went horribly wrong?
If you're comparing a game from mid-90's who had to use as much of their limitations possible and an indie developer who was not really prioritizing pixel art you need to get your head out of your ass.
Otherwise explain.

Attached: 1551138139777.jpg (462x453, 29K)

How many people worked on the game on the left?

I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to get across, OP

Attached: 1551963426472.jpg (1200x1130, 42K)

>an entire team
vs
>one guy who had to do almost eveything else as well.

>t. hasn't even tried the game and just hates it just for the sake of hating popular things
Do you also make threads about sony domination?

Irrelevant. Retro is a meme that was invented back in 6th gen. Before then it was constant future

one

I finished it twice
it's okay but nothing worth all the attention it received

one was made by a professional team, another by one dude who made romhacks.

>50 man devteam with dedicated artists
vs
>single guy who's clearly more talented with programming and music composing than art

Undertale has soul, the other image is just a generic soulless background. Kinda like how Hitler did not get accepted into art school but other weird shit artists did.

Oh yeah everyone remember undertale for its programming prowess. Dumb fuck.

Zoomers don't appreciate form, only memetic substance.

It wasn't Turrican II on the C64 but come on, it definitely wasn't a broken mess either. It also had some pretty decent gimmicks built in, like the savestate shenanigans in the final boss fight.
The game wasn't a mastahpeece by any stretch but for a one-man project it was a pretty good despite the Atari 2600 graphics.

imagine you make a comparison to bitch about a game's graphics, and then screw up the scaling of the text

Reminder that Toby said nigger.

based and redpilled

Graphicsfag post.

One was made by professionals for gamers, the other was made by an autistic man for tumblr people and re**itors

Its just a troll/bait/shitpost thread
Like all of Yea Forums
Winning move is not to play. You get more videogame conversation out of fucking twitter.

Attached: 1550434328715.png (1003x834, 790K)

>Photograph with a filter

WOW i didnt know the moon can get so fucking big. Must be a magical castle he was staying at. Look at those massive windows WOW

Undertale is fucking trash for trannies and faggots

One of these looks visually appealing, the other is still remembered and will be remembered for many years in its future

Attached: Laugh.gif (498x278, 219K)

>tech that can barely run a calculator
vs
>computer that would have been considered space tech back then and with access to opensource libraries and the internet

Attached: Hotline Miami vs Tumblrtale.png (631x960, 280K)

You like hurting people dont you?

How the fuck do you even compare these two? They have almost nothing in common

>Hotline
>OST

???

>5 professional programmers working fulltime
vs
>some hobby romhacker in his freetime

>some hobby romhacker in his freetime
Nigger, we're not talking about Cave Story here. Toby got funding to make Undertale.

>best OST

did you mean: Burnout 3

I have not even played Undertale and come is pretty much just a joke, is not trying to be taken seriously, it would be silly and a waste of time to get something other than a chuckle out of this.

>I've only ever played 2 indie games

money can't buy you years of experience and knowledge, or the passion for a specific task.
sure toby could have just hired an artist to draw all the sprites, but that doesn't always work out this easily. see Breeding Season for example

Money can buy everything.
Lessons too.