The Switch is a port machine, and that's a good thing

Which RPGs do you want to see on Switch? I'm currently having a blast with Final Fantasy IX.

I'd love to see Skies of Arcadia.

Attached: switch.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUC7_BUFti0
nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/custom_robo_producer_announces_synaptic_drive_for_switch_a_competitive_3d_shooter
youtube.com/watch?v=2f4ReN5mLpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i hate you but i would like to see Skies of Arcadia again

it's a complicated feeling

Baten Kaitos and FFVIII would be pretty neat. How's the FFIX port?

Skies fans should not hate each other my brother.

It's pretty good, the graphics are a little improved.

Already getting FFXII, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, Crystal Chronicles, SaGa Scarlet Grace, and Alliance Alive. Anything else would be icing at this point. Maybe what said, so long as its both the original and Origins. Fuck it, Capcom should port Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. That game is due for a comeback. It was underappreciated back then.

Xenogears, Xenosaga and Skies of Arcadia are the ones I want most.

>SaGa Scarlet Grace
Is it ever hitting the West?

Also, a pack of Suikoden games would be nice. At least 1 and 2 with the savedata passing available.

>Crystal Chronicles
I would get this, online multiplayer is probably good.

>Is it ever hitting the West?

Late 2019-2020 if we're lucky, assuming they're currently working on it and waiting to release RS3 first before SG.

>is a port machine
>doesn’t get any Pikmin games
what the FUCK is the hold up Nintendo?

It's probably going to hit the Switch after MM2 arrives, with a Pikmin 4 announcement. You know, a Wii U related game must always be on schedule.

I'm hoping, at least.

I loved 1 and 2, is 3 good?

Is the IX port actually good or mobile version shit?

Does anyone have GBA emulators fully running on Switch yet? Would love to replay Shining Force RotDD, or finally play KH Chain of Memories.

Attached: 1551036029010.png (1613x1541, 961K)

>Skies of Arcadia with the DLC content but without compressed audio

SEGA should've done this a gen ago.

Not an RPG but we need a LittleBigPlanet port for Switch. It would be perfect with touchscreen and gyro

>LittleBigPlanet

Pretty sure that's never happening.

Mary Skelter 1 & 2, Gundam Breaker 1, 2, 3, Digimon CyberSleuth / World next order.

That's not happening lol. If so, hope for Sony losing its mind and giving the Patapon and Locoroco IPs to Nintendo instead. They would know what to do with em.

Why not? Sony already killed the IP, they aren't using it

Also Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice.
What a waste of good IPs.

Unbelievably based but unfortunately impossible due to Sony keeping their unused franchises left to rot
A series like LBP would feel at home with nintendo though
Free sackboy of his PS all star chains and give him the smash letter you fools[/spoilers]

Yeah, but they're not giving it either; it's the thing about intellectual property its owner doesn't want to use, it's a waste to everyone.

>[spoilers]
I agree with you though.

Attached: 3C70A4AC-3871-4E40-BD35-21C023411DF2.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Speaking of which I'd like to see Legend of the Dragoon and Team Ico games... won't happen though.

Dungeon travelers 2 whatever the new one is called
Some actual roguelikes that are on the PC
Custom Robo

Attached: baroque.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

>Dungeon travelers 2
Best fucking game on the Vita right there, I hope Atlus USA does something with it or NISA buys it out.

>whatever the new one is called
Dungeon Travelers 2-2.
Yeah, it's a waste that both of these are stuck on PSV.

Attached: 2017-04-28-192809.jpg (960x544, 201K)

Why does every franchise need new entries every year? That's how you end up with soulless shit like NSMB or any of Ubisofts games
Just let the devs move on and make something new rather than beating a dead horse

Xenoblade X is literally all I want at this point.
Maybe a cloud version of FFXIV so I can play in bed

You know what I want? Who here knows of fucking rumble racing? That shit was badass on the PS2, fuck EA for wasting the IP.

>Alliance Alive
I loved the demo but I just never got around to it on 3DS, so I'm happy to wait now

Was just commenting on IPs.

I mean it's a port machine that lets you take your vidya on the go so yeah
Course the AA trilogy has no excuse

Well Nintendo is guilty of the same but I don't see people begging for FZero on PS4

A legit never ever
You might get a LittleBig clone but that’s it

That's basically Mario Maker, unless you mean something with the same aesthetic and physics.

A new Luminous Arc game hopefully.
Luminous Arc Infinity was my first LA game, and I liked it.

Attached: 2015-08-19-222146.jpg (960x544, 128K)

It’s been almost 5 years

They are.

I'd like to get into Lunar

We just need more Atlus games in general
SMT Legacy collection fucking when?

Original devs are busy with other projects and we've seen the shitshow when Sony hands it to another studio (LBP3). Just let it rest

Oh yeah and shit MM2 has already been confirmed

Attached: 891C32C8-BF06-40E6-AE45-1B3240655EA8.jpg (780x592, 119K)

Oh yeah remember when the only version of SMT that lets you see weapon descriptions on store is locked in smartphones. Nice going Atlus.

The Rhapsody trilogy and probably Wild Arms 3. Most everything I want left have already been ported.

not much of an rpg guy but i'd give the old paper mario games another shot if they came to switch

in terms on other games, dream ports would be:
>gta hd trilogy (unlikely)
>tony hawks pro skater series (no chance)
>mgs collection (very unlikely.. but even just a twin snakes port could be nice)
>portal 1+2 (unlikely but only because there's been no word on it... don't see why it couldn't happen)
>Mario 3D world (90% sure this will come eventually)
>Zelda WiiU HD remakes (80% sure these will come eventually)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I never got a Wii U for it and it looks more my element than Persona 5 to be honest.

You’re right, its time to move on...

Attached: 627C7D23-F34E-4E45-8F9E-BEF23402C8D5.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Mario Maker has better platforming physics (obviously) but can't do even a hundreth of what LBP can do

>The Rhapsody trilogy
Seconding this. Never got to play the second and third game because I didn't know moonrunes back then.

>mgs collection (very unlikely.. but even just a twin snakes port could be nice)
They made a 3DS version of Snake Eater... not impossible.

Ubisoft needs to do a Rayman Maker. Being able to fiddle around with that shit in the pc port of the original was wild back in the day.

Attached: screen1ig.jpg (1030x797, 138K)

Reminder that Grandia 1 is getting ported.
Should be a great way to revisit it.

I played the absolutely awful DS port but I got surprisingly invested in the story so I really wanna play the 2nd and 3rd too

>portal games
Throwing this in the “completely left field but would like to see it happen” bin
Would show theres at least 1 gear left turning at Valve

1 AND 2. Shame 3 isn't included. It had the weakest setting and story, but the strongest combat of the series.

Give me pic related on switch and im a happy man.
Id except TMS if they gave us the unscensored version and not the faggot noa treehouse version

Attached: 20190307_085659.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

didn't care for 2 that much.
Was massively pissed when all those steam games got leaked and every one of them EXCEPT Grandia 1 were legit.

Give me some stuff like:
Blue Dragon
Last Remnant
Grandia II
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey
Ni No Kuni

+give us some old PSX games - Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger/Cross etc

>Lost Odyssey
>Blue Dragon

Now that's some shit stuck in IP hell. Poor Sakaguchi.

>Last Remnant
Are you aware of what you're getting into?

>Lost Odyssey

Never ever. You might get Blue Dragon from Mistwalker but that's it.

Blue Dragon might be possible since there was a DS entry.

>NSMB
You mean the series that had a single DS game, a single 3DS game, a single Wii game, and a single Wii U game (with a Switch port), so only 4 games in total since 2006?

oh yeah i totally forgot about that. i can hope i guess but i'm still not holding my breath

who the fuck knows what's going on there. they seem to have just checked out completely since 2014. i thought there might at least be a PS4/Xbox One port of the orange box

Since DQXI is dropping, some acknowlegment of other DQ games outside of spin offs would be very nice.

Isn't PSO2 already up there?

it's the mobile version

I'd like a DQIII game that doesn't have godawful "localization"

>Custom Robo has been dead for over a decade
>Missed the boat for Amiibo Hype where having small figurines for your Robos would actually make sense
>Missed the chance to be in Smash 4 with Custom Moves for each gun/bomb/pod (Seriously why the fuck was Palutena the single character to have different customs in Sm4sh instead of a RAY type)
>Custom Robo Arena wasn't put on the Virtual Console
>NOISE is pretty much dead, stuck making a mobileshit Dragon Quest spinoff to stay afloat
>Kouji Kenjou is currently making a different robot game on the Switch that looks like it'll play like Custom Robo but from what little we've seen it doesn't have loadout customizing
>Arena came out 13 years ago
>Custom Robo has been dead for three console generations

At the very least it looks like Level-5's gonna try bringing back Danball Senki in the future but FUCK

Attached: 1507551043018.jpg (590x350, 19K)

Episode 2 is not pso2. Also fuck pso2.

Much more Persona than SMT.
I unironically wish it was a 3DS game it probably would have been better received and it’s overall better in short bursts

What are some good jrpgs you guys recommend for Switch? I just grabbed FF9 and Phantasy Star. I Am Setsuna or Lost Sphear look legit, they any good?
Any hidden gems?

>Kouji Kenjou is currently making a different robot game on the Switch that looks like it'll play like Custom Robo but from what little we've seen it doesn't have loadout customizing
Tell me more

With the switch getting the definitive version of DQ11, I wouldn't be surprised with the switch getting the uncensored version of TMS. I'd like to think the odds are pretty good since Atlus ports their everything

Normally I say Maker games are cancer but shit with finger drag and drop making a level should be even easier making it on PC.
Green zone 1 but Rayman fucking when?

5 games and they're all utterly soulless. More creativity in any given 3D mario level than all NSMB games combined

>Implying Valve makes games anymore

Attached: 96EEF020-2C33-4E22-8DB1-03F2B8278509.jpg (662x484, 67K)

>I'd like to think the odds are pretty good since Atlus ports their everything
Well, where the fuck are the Switch ports, then? Atlus hasn't done anything on it yet, and they aren't dropping info on SMTV.

youtube.com/watch?v=oUC7_BUFti0
nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/custom_robo_producer_announces_synaptic_drive_for_switch_a_competitive_3d_shooter
>"This is a highly strategic one-on-one competitive shooter where you can choose from a variety of characters, weapons, and settings. Our goal is to develop a game of a high enough quality to be chosen for eSports competitions."

The eSports shit has me worried but I'll stick by the guy behind my favorite Gamecube game

Thats not what i implied

user, be an adult and stop pushing the goalposts, just admit you were wrong when comparing New Mario to boring yearly releases, no matter what you think of their quality.

Trails Of Cold Steel on the Switch soon

While they're certainly formulaic and bland graphically, the games are very very solid from a level design and mechanics perspective. I appreciate them for that, although a new kind of 2D Mario would also be welcome.

Neato.

Every time someone mentions Dungeons Travelers here they say it's good,is there any concrete chance it may get ported to other consoles?

Something like TMS: Acappella that’s completely uncensored that basically means no vagina no nips and some QOL like changeable phone notifications, SMT Strange Journey tier hard mode and more costumes like Joker’s coat, Flynn’s jacket, DemiFiend skin, Abel’s Headphones etc

Come on NISA hurry the fuck up

>crystal chronicles

Instant buy for me. No official release date yet as far as I can tell though except for 2019. Also hope it's not 59.99

Not really. If it was distributed by NISA maybe (where is the Switch port to Sword City, though? ;)), but it's done by Atlus USA of all people (I think it's their only distributed IP that is not strictly main Atlus in years), so there's nothing.

>$20 for a 20 year old game

Your mom is a regret machine and you are her magnum opus.

It needs more good rhythm games, both Rhythm Heaven and Project Diva/Mirai would be perfect for it.

Attached: orplt26x3un01.png (1080x1920, 1.3M)

Stay mad, but do it somewhere else.

Why not just emulate these games for free?

>Which RPGs do you want to see on Switch?
New and original ones that aren't low-effort anime waifu garbage. Fuck your ports. Fuck your remasters. Fuck your ecchi bait.

Shitpost, but do it somewhere else.

Resident Evil 5
I own it on Xbox360, PS3, PS4 and PC and I'll gladly buy the game again if it means I can play through it with friends again.

>Square enix
It’ll be 59.99 plus a Square Enix CEO gets to Fuck your tight asshole and you’re gonna like it

Aquaplus - the company that makes Dungeon Travelers - is even smaller than Falcom. If a company as small as Falcom prefers to focus on developing for one platform, you imagine how it is for Aquaplus.

Attached: 2016-11-04-124749.jpg (960x544, 103K)

RH Mega mix need to come to Switch
Outside a few control changes and maybe a HD remaster it could come seamlessly over

I really don't mind all the ports since I only have a pc and it isn't the very best, also some games are more comfy on the switch. What I do mind though is that main Nintendo games take for fucking ever to release. Like what the actual fuck.

This
I unironically love RE5
It got me my 1st blowjob from my 1st girlfriend so it forever has a place in my heart and Cock

>Vita focused
God damn did they back the wrong horse.

Gitaroo Man Switch when?

>Which RPGs do you want to see on Switch?
Xenoblade Chronicles X2, fuck ports and screw the faggots that missed out on the Wii U, just give me a sequel.

Where's that fucking Grandia remake we were ALREADY promised

I would KILL for a Groove Coaster port and eventually a home release of the controller that I didn't have to buy for 400 dollars from someone with a 3D printer

One of the best games ever made.

The PS Vita was selling better than the PS4 in Japan when they were developing DT2-2.

>New and original ones that aren't low-effort anime waifu garbage.
Those would be modern games, not ports.

Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy, Harvets Moon, Tales, Star Ocean, SMT

100% based user. Resident Evil 5 is up there as one of my favourite games because It's just fun as fuck. I'd happily swap REmake, Zero and 4 and just get 5 instead.

>Baten Kaitos
I couldn't get into it, but I'd give it another try if brought to Switch.

wild arms is a dead series. rogue galaxy is partially owned by sony and never being ported or sequels being made. harvest moon is dead, long live story of seasons (pretty sure they're going to release a couple for switch eventually). star ocean has been shit for like 15 years.

How can you enjoy such a basic RPG? I'm not trolling here, I've always wondered how you can take enjoyment from battle systems that consist purely of:

>Attack
>Magic\Skill
>Item
>Run

If you're lucky in those games you can decide who you want in your party and that's at least a strategic decision but in Skies you just have the 3 members IIRC. So your playthrough is virtually identical to the next persons, then why does it need to be an RPG, why not a visual novel?

I've played SoA and I enjoyed the story, but I could have just watched a playthrough since I didn't make a single personal decision throughout the entire game.

I’d rather just have RE4 physical and RE5 physical and fuck everything else

>why not a visual novel?

Because otherwise that would just make it another Xenogears.

What else were you expecting in a JRPG? Of course it will be close to identical to other players' experiences. That's what most video games are. You're supposed to enjoy the journey.

Alliance Alive is coming to the Switch? I fucking loved that game. I don't know if I'll buy it again but damn.

fucking WHEN?

Attached: RunescapeSwitch.jpg (950x534, 59K)

switch/PS4 remaster got announced the other day

I really hope people play it this time. I didn't see anyone talk about it when it released here.

PC too, for what its worth.

>switch is a port machine
Then can they please port the following RPGs to switch?
Skyrim Special Edition VR
Divinity 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Pillars of Eternity 2
The Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
Fallout 4
?

>ports
I already have a decent PC I just want something that's execlusive to the switch and actually good
that new platnium game looks good

It’s more for newfags we never played it
Personally I could see myself buying it again I did the 1st time

>Bloodborne

People really need to learn how IPs work.

Many JRPGs allow you to make choices in how you want your team set-up which keeps things interesting as you play. Most Final Fantasy entries have some kind of customization. Breath of Fire lets you learn enemy moves or learn from masters, Suikoden lets you choose your team and runes, etc.

Any RPG that lacks a unique system always seemed like such a dull experience, I genuinely never understood people enjoying that gameplay.

I’ve already brought Skyrim Switch Todd

Attached: 303EF8FC-0DCA-4F87-9540-AE0D635D13B2.jpg (996x1500, 326K)

I'd probably double dip if it was cheap enough. I think I've gotten to the point where I can't play DS/3DS games comfortably anymore.

Vagrant Story

Astral chains?
Fuck yeah.
Knowing PlatinumGames it’s Framerate > Graphics
Since they had Bayonetta 1 + 2 running like a champ I’m very confident in ‘Chains

Soundtrack is those games (Ep I, II and III) was amazing!

youtube.com/watch?v=2f4ReN5mLpQ

I want all snes and ps1 jrpgs on it. I also want Tales of the Abyss.

>tfw overdose is a shitshow
>chocobo dungeon looks low res as fuck
>maxima looks like shit in handheld mode
And now I have nothing for more than 2 months. Fuck sake

It’ll be full price no doubt.
Then again the pricing is all over the place
Sometimes 60 sometimes 50 sometimes 40 sometimes 20
Just all over the damn place

Why can’t they drop Earthbound/ Mother 1 for the NES monthly game with Mother 2 & 3 collection pack for Switch?
It’s just easy money

Super Robot Wars T coming at the end of this month.

I think full price for a port/remaster of a niche game like Alliance Alive might hurt it more than help. $40 would work as a sweet spot to get previous buyers to double dip while enticing newcomers.

Corporate politics. Same reason why I can't fix shit at my company

I’d love to see Rhythm Thief on Switch

Wait. Before i explode. For NoA in ENG?

English Asia.

My problem with shit like Mario Maker 2 is that it's the kind of thing that should have been DLC. Same with splat 2, same with whatever the NSMB game they put out was.
Moreover, other than a few titles like Odyssey, BOTW, and Splat, almost everything on the Switch could have very easily been a 3DS title. Even the Pokemon games don't seem to be much of a step up.

Other companies at least try to make their sequels different. Nintendo sequels are always the exact same thing but with one or two additions.

Attached: ohmigod.png (547x600, 22K)

So that means import. Yeah its fucking nothing. Fucking whoop. Not gonna spend more than 60 to import this.

user... Super Robot Wars rarely - if ever - made it to America. English Asia is the closest thing you can get.

Would give my left nut for a remaster of Ogre Battle 64 with improved controls.

I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Attached: OgreBattle64.jpg (256x176, 38K)

That's just how it works. There are tons of IP's Nintendo hasn't touched in ages but they aren't just going to give them up, not unless it's for a very substantial sum of money.

Lmao all of these games are shit

You've got some impressively bad taste user.

Where's the release date Square?

Ep1,2 and 3 HD, with a functioning online hell yeah I would kill to have runs with you guys.

>Paying for overpriced last gen ports
>a good thing

What the fuck your goddamn cuckold

With the Wii's online dying we lost a lot of good online multiplayer games I'd double dip with an HD port or even settle for a sequel.

Attached: SI_Wii_TheLastStory.jpg (1000x500, 126K)

True
Hell I “couldn’t” fix a leaky AC at my company a week ago because they didn’t have a work order which takes 2-3 days to process.
I could’ve fixed it on the spot but I wouldn’t have gotten paid for it.
Ergo I can’t do it.

Atlus announced that Etrian Odyssey X was "the last very brand new title for the 3DS" which makes me think they're switching gears to the Switch.

Hopefully they have a few things in the works already.

I would say that about Splat 2 but all the updates
Splatoon 2 feels so much different than Splatoon for WiiU it’s unreal

I know user. I know. I just cant spend that much money in importing. Maybe should just pirate X on my vita to kill the itch and wait for whatever comes first of my wish list on the switch

Oh best believe Atlus games was one of the 1st companies to get Switch dev kits along with Capcom.
Given they have to deal with Sega’s ass backwards leadership and they’re own ass backwards leadership is probably why it’s taking so long.
Puyo Puyo Tetris was on Switch so damn fast it was nearly a launch title

I really hope Skies is being considered for a Sega Ages release. Also I too am playing FFIX and the port seems totally fine. Its also weird to see the game without the texture warping the PS1 is known for.

>promised Grandia I & II way back in September
>it's fucking March and not even a trailer
It's dead in the water just like Psyvariar Delta's ENG physical release, isn't it?

Attached: 1534464596481.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

>Puyo Puyo Tetris was on Switch

I keep meaning to get that.