On a scale of 1-10, how hyped are you for OpenMW?

on a scale of 1-10, how hyped are you for OpenMW?

Attached: 1 9yQGxenvb6o_73bAX6AJoA.jpg (1600x900, 322K)

its out tho

What, but you can play OpenMW just fine nowdays.

I'll be hyped when they finish all the things Morrowind already does. The interesting stuff will start when it will be possible to add to it. Not expecting any miracles though.

they're adding more features and eventually will be able to run oblivion, skyrim, and the gamebryo fallouts

>7 fps

Attached: m.png (680x337, 125K)

Only thing it'll be useful for is multiplayer and skyrim together will be done by then.

oblivion and new vegas modding will benefit from an open source engine. maybe they'll be able to replace the shitty lod system

or add real lighting system

I don't care until it works with New Vegas, Morrowind is boomer nostolgia trash

eh who gives a fuck It'll take a few years and the new TES will be out. Everybodies already played nv and oblivion

I've played over 1000 hours in MW. It will need co-op and new content to bring me back. Maybe when the Tamriel Rebuilt project is finished.

Also, is the engine really opensource? I've been waiting for a nice project to contribute to. It might be nice to write a better lighting engine for it.

This a million times.
Bethesda has always been dogshit.

>Fps: 7
Lol

last time I tried it kept blue screening my pc

you realize New Vegas appeals only to us boomers same way Morrowind does?

yeah it's open source. some new contributors popped up recently and started adding stuff for distant objects

Are .bsa file formats copyrighted? Can I make my own game with OpenMW?

>Can I make my own game with OpenMW?
sure, but you'd have to rework half of it to make it not morrowind, may as well use original construction set

what would be the point?

Are you familiar with the scene at all? What is an outstanding need that no one is working on? I have experience with lighting engines and shaders. I worked for Epic on Unreal 4 for 2 years, but now I am not in the vidya industry anymore (because pay is dogshit compared to anything else). Still, I have been itching to work on something in my spare time.

TES3MP works a fuckload better than I was expecting, I messed around with it when it was first patched to be "usable" and it literally worked flawlessly, (apart from things that just weren't implemented yet).
>Last update, a "pre-release" of the next patch, was released in fucking October

You could make your own game, but you would be better off just using Unity or Unreal, since they have more generic functionality.

Thats open-source anything. Whenever something is coming "next month", expect it after about 9 months.

Not him, but I've always dreamed of making my own Bethesda-like game. The formula works, you just need to improve it to make a good game.

i'm not really part of the community, i just read the news posts. from my understanding, it's mostly one or two people working on each big issue like physics or distant objects
you could probably find something important if you looked through their forums or at the feature suggestions

4k fully modded Morrowind on RTX2080TI is glorious.

Attached: 20190303020634_1.jpg (3838x1451, 2.09M)

It would be nice to see someone add in AI that lets people walk between cells and have routines. Thats one of my least favorite parts of MW. Since the game wasnt built with that in mind though, quest targets should probably stay put. It would be cool if the system was smart enough to know when someone was involved in an active quest, and teleports them to the right cell until you are done with them. Then they can go back to what they were doing.

Someone should write a ray tracer for OpenMW

I wish the modding community would port Oblivion and Skyrim weapons and armor backwards to Morrowind. You can get mods that bring a lot of Morrowind and Oblivions stuff to Skyrim, and it adds a lot to make the world feel more unified and connected imo.

>The formula works, you just need to improve it
gothic is the thing you know, if we talk pure gameplay for looting,dungeoning and actual hand placed rewards

to make it work isn't that hard as far as I know, to make it run more than 3 fps who knows if it's possible next 10 years

fullrest used to have some

>0 FPS

When they add their own version of MWSE and get grass that doesn't cost 100 fps

> who knows

Attached: Capture3.jpg (782x521, 58K)

Switch port when? I'm so thristy for a portable Morrowind.

Attached: soon.jpg (1024x640, 88K)

What does that mean? Do you mean it will be morrowind into Skyrim or will I be able to play Skyrim with openMW features?

Someone please answer

Yeah it works flawlessly on my android phone but Switch port would be miles better.

skyrim with openmw features
someone might make a mod like pic related eventually though

Attached: vnKJpjJ.jpg?1.jpg (1920x1080, 475K)

study up, RTX isn't ray tracing

There's no shaders implemented in OpenMW, yet. Maybe you can work on that.

Also, they have been stuck with rebuilding shadows using OSG for more than an year, now. It's a single guy working on the m, and it's the major thing holding the project back, at the moment.

Also, physics are not optimized at all, someone needs to get there and streamline those fucking calculations.

>physics are not optimized at all
physx engine is open source now

OPENMW SWITCH WHEN

Then the potential is limitless. Imagine all the mods that can be put in NV or skyrim

0, they fixed morrowind, but they didn't fix it enough.

I'd rather them make better mods for Daggerfall.

look into daggerfall unity

Morrowind will get the same performance from a 580 as a 2080 Ti, the engine is from 2002 dude

Not really, I had sub 20 fps 4k on 1080, 2080TI manages stable 60fps with same MGE XE preset and mods and all that fluff.

are you fucking retarded or retarded and blind?

Attached: 1551487117929.jpg (1080x1080, 40K)

Attached: FXLThSZ.jpg (600x341, 14K)

stupid question, is OpenMW essentially gamebryo engine?

Flawlessly? No crashes? Doubtful.

no, it's a different engine

Then you can try to port the engine into OpenMW, just create your branch, and, if it works properly, people will want it in the master.

but it has same exact functions as gamebryo

Never played morrowind, is this a good starting point?

It's completely different code so it does the same things but it will be capable of so much more and be optimized(theoretically).

it's a clone of morrowind's gamebryo engine but the difference is it's open source

>is this a good starting point?
do you like to read? if you don't, Morrowind will be a chore for you, 50% of gameplay is reading.
If you like reading it got one of the best lore and story in fantasy setting. Among other things that let you be demigod, hand placed loot, feeling of progression, suffering of low level.

Didnt Skyrims Morrowind mod team voice act all of Morrowinds lines? Someone should port that over to OpenMW

Voice acting and Morrowind wouldn't work well together. Half the dialogue is just encyclopedia articles

Never had a major one desu